Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


351 to 400 of 3,226 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

On big guy

Ray: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 1 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Ugghhh....sanrael yells out...by a dwarves misshapen scrotum!!! Ummmm...Falayna!!!


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

-8/12HP

The words "in the fray but willing to run away" have a nice ring to them...

GSPA: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 1 = 222d6 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5) + 9 + 1 = 17


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin moves into flanking position on bugbear (or hobgoblin if Kiryl finished it off . . .)

morningstar: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 1 = 11

dam: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 + (5) = 14

Hit me if you can you ugly, overgrown lizards


Sanrael takes a big swing and a miss. Idril’s ray blasts the bugbear in the face, finishing him off. Kiryl chops down his second hobgoblin of the day. Pnin threatens the last hobgoblin and seeing the fate of his companions he makes a run for it.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

From what direction did group come?
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Sanraels drops to his knees...winces in pain.....and glances about at his companions


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

we should likely make haste back....it likely wont be long before that Little fleeing rat returns with more of his flea ridden vermin
Sanrael checks the bugbear...making sure its moved on to the afterlife.....and searches the body
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

-8/12HP

Hold still. Kyril admonishes Sanrael as he tries to provide some healing.

on Sanreal: 1d8 + 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + (2) + 1 = 7

on Kiryl: 1d8 + 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + (3) + 1 = 9


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin fires his bow at the hobgoblin to prevent fleeing.

shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

dam: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

We must not let him escape and alert the others!

...

After hobgoblin escapes or is killed

It might be safer to move in the daylight. I'm not sure how quick of a pace we can maintain in our injured, encumbered state. And I don't want to get ambushed in the thick darkness of the forest.

Pnin helps to examine the bodies looking for orders and more shiny.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

true...but the sun rises as we speak...and with you An I leading the Way Pnin...with our vision...we should be able to move...i fear something wicked this way comes...thank you Kiryl


The two dead hobgoblins have 2 morningstars and 2 studded leather.

The dead bugbear is wearing scale mail, MW morningstar, short bow, 20 arrows. He also has a pouch with 10 platinum pieces.

They came down the path that leads to the spire and the last hobgoblin took off running back that way. The spire is a few hours march.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Oh the sounds we were hearing were just these enemies? I thought there was a larger army moving near us and this was a scouting party. Definitely did not mean that I wanted to walk back to the spire

I'm fine with beginning our walk back to the town. Does anyone else want the morningstar? Idril?

Pnin takes the arrows and is ready to carry his share of the loot burden back to town.

Perception for any dangers ahead:

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Hold back your furor Pnin; chasing foes back to their place of strength with no plan is madness. Let's gather the spoils and make for the Fort. Sarenrae begins her march across the sky and keen eyes will lead the way. Come!

Kyril helps gather the loot and leads the march back to Fort Inevitable.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael pocks up the pace and scouts ahead
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Idril would like the MW Morningstar.
perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Kiryl chuckles throatily at Idril's comment-You are a brave girl and no mistake Idril, but don't mistake Desna's own luck for your skill. You holding on to a weapon like that makes as much sense as having me keep a mage's wand or scroll. It's fair enough you are, but your looks won't do you for much good in a hand-to-hand scrape. Better you stay in the back and use your magics.


The group makes it back to the road, travels by the winery and arrives at the pedestrian gate to the city a bit after mid day.

The pair of hell knights working the gate look at you a bit skeptically and one asks: "What business do you have in Fort Inevitable?"

Then you hear a voice from the tower gate. "They're cleared, Paralictor business, pass them through."

The pair at the gate waves you in.


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Kiryl looks about at the party Let's head towards the Paralictor's offices. We can report our progress so far and show her the letter we found. Clearly this Klarkosh fellow is someone she might be interested in. After that we can settle the allotment of treasures and rest and reequip before setting back out.

Kiryl heads in the direction of the Paralictor's office and reports as above.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sanrael shrugs...and follows along


Is everyone going in? Carrying all your loot?


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

we need not all go in...we shall keep the spoils with us...at a nearby tavern


Juliver Inn or Red Shield Tavern both offer food drink and accommodations. You know Juliver is run by halflings while Red Shield is run by a retired adventurer. Red Shield tends to attract more Hell Knights than the Juliver.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

we shall await you at Julivers...rumour has it halflings know how to eat..and drink...who will join me while Kiryl and whomever else wishes to join him reports to his superiors...i for one havent the stomach for such a task...


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

I will go with Kiryl and talk to the paralictor. I think it would be safer to sell the loot before carousing in a tavern.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

fair enough Pnin...let us sell our hard earned loot first


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Kiryl snorts-They aren't my 'superiors' Sanrael, they are OUR owners. I swear, one quick walk beyond the walls without chains on and you forget you are yet a slave.

If exchanging our hard fought bounty for coin is your desire, so be it. To be fair, I'll feel more comfortable when what is due me is in my hands and less likely to be drunk away by someone else's adventurous lips. Let's be to Lady Rillin's and get what crowns we may. I'll take the portion of the tax from those unwilling to accompany me to the Paralictor's offices and turn them in with your regards.

Sell off arms/armor at Lady Rillin's. The total should be 1229, or 983 after the 20% tax. My count:
6 flails
5 heavy wooden shields
10 studded leather
9 short swords)
7 morningstars
3 leather
Scale mail
2 Short bow
1 MW dagger
MW Morningstar

Does not include any value on the non weapons/armor that STILL needs a GP value provided by the GM:

Silver bracelet
Platinum ring
Gold necklace
Adamantium chunks
Small metal box
Bone scroll tube
Iron ring

Or the 365GP worth of coin.


You need to get the items appraised by someone or you can try to appraise them yourselves using appraisal skill.

Lady Rillin:

“Welcome back, are you here to buy some real armor?”

Let’s see some dialogue and diplomacy rolls to see what kind of deal you can get.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Before entering...sanrael suggest whomever is more charming and likeable should do the talking....


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

basically....definitely not Kiryl...Idril would be the better choice....perhaps the same when dealing with Our “owner” paralicksomething or other..likely that bugbears hide that we dispatched sanrael chuckles...


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Kiryl glowers at Sanreal for a moment before grinning You're right of course. My idea of negotiating is "what's the price" followed by "OK". If I think the price is wrong I'll usually just leave instead of haggle. I will talk with the Paralictor, howevee. The rest of your tongues waggle a little to freely for my liking, and I'd rather not have trouble with the law thank you very much.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael grins back and extends his hand to shake you speak wisely Kiryl...i meant no offense...youre a good choice to best represent us with one united voice and speak to Paralictor, all agreed?...as for haggling a good price..as charming as you may be...you have the approach of a herd of oxen in a wild panic thrashing a farmers field...your sword arm speaks with more effect than your tongue..although your intentions are honorable...in this case the road to the underworld is paved with honorable intent


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

either Idril or Curral would be our best choices...Curral has been rather despondent and withdrawn..clearly undergoing some existential battle within himself...so i vote Idril...what say all


Where is the group going first? Sell loot? Tavern? Paralictor?


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

let us await Kiryl and Idril outside the paralictors...then we can all go sell the loot...then have a good meal and rest


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Head to the Paralictor's office and ask for Chamberlain Nythist.

Once there-I'm sure she is far to busy to meet with the likes of us unannounced, perhaps Chamberlain Nythist is available?


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Stands about outside...listening to talk...gossip...that he can glean from passersby...
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


Human Sorcerer4(Elemental Water) BAB +2 AC:15/19(mage armor) HP: 30 INIT:+9 Perp+8
saves:
F:4 R:5W:5
skills:
Appraise 5, Bluff 8 Intimidate 8, K-Arcana 6, K-Planes 5 Spellcraft 5, UMD 8, Perception 8
spells:
7/day elemRay 0:light, jolt, drench, message, disrupt undead, detect magic 7/day1:magic missile, mage armor, Summon 1, ENLARGE person, Grease, Protection From Evil (Burning Hands) 4/day2nd Flaming Sphere

Kiryl can do most of the talking. I will listen and add something if necessary.
Lets go talk to whomever you think we should talk to.


Kyril and Idril are greeted at the entrance to the Citadel by a pair of hell knight guards and a low level functionary who leads you into the fortress to a well appointed office where the Chamberlain studies a mound of papers. He looks up from his work at Kiryl and Idril.

"Only two, did the others perish in the Spire? I assume you have something of interest to report?"

The hell knights ignore the rest of the group as you wait outside with your pile of looted armor and weapons.


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

You will be happy to note that your investments continue to pay dividends. All of your chattel yet survives, we just felt it inopportune to bring the lot of us into your offices bearing the bounty of our first expedition to the Spire. As soon as we settle our report to you we will be about liquidating said bounty. To where do we remit the taxes for the items in question?

Of more interest to you I am sure, I present this note procured from the depths of the Spire. Does the name Klarkosh mean anything to you?

Kiryl passes the note to the Chamberlin.


The Chamberlain takes the note.

"The name means nothing to me, perhaps the Paralictor knows more. You would do well to regulate your tone, especially in front of the Paralictor, she is not so indulgent as I am. Remember who gives you a chance to be free. As for your question, any merchant in town can accept the tax on behalf of Fort Inevitable. Report to me once a week or when you have accomplished your task. Should I need you sooner I will send word to wherever you are staying. Where would that be?"


"By the blank look on your face, I'm guessing you don't have a place to stay yet? There are two inns in town that you could choose, but if you're smart with your money you would look to rent weekly or monthly with one of the farms or wineries just outside the walls. Send a messenger with your location when you get established. If there is nothing else, you are dismissed."

The Chamberlain goes back to work. The functionary escorts you back to the entry.


AC-22; HP 44 INIT +3; PERCEPTION +11
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+6; PA: +9; 2d6+9
Saves:
+7FORT; +2REF; +7WILL

Kiryl suppresses an angry retort and heads back outside to the rest of the group.

Well that was mostly a waste of time. Nythist says we can pay the tax at time of sale to the merchant and we are to send word of where we are staying. One piece of useful information was that he suggested renting living space outside of town. I'd recommend that Curral chat up Taeserle from Cerwin's Vineyard and see if she maybe can't help us with lodging.

In the meantime Sanrael, why don't you show us your skills as a merchant and let's sell off this haul of equipment. As well any of you with appraisal skills should identify the value of our less fungible goods. Pnin, you like 'shiny'; can you tell us what any of this is worth before we get snookered by a merchant? Probably a good idea to look inside the bone scroll tube to make sure there isn't something of value in it.

Items to be appraised:
Silver bracelet
Platinum ring
Gold necklace
Adamantium chunks
Small metal box
Bone scroll tube
Iron ring


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael nods to Kiryl....let us find a safe place to sort thru our items..away from prying eyes...in the meantime Curral can see what he can procure for us


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

meet a julivers tavern in an hours time


Kiryl’s inspection of the scroll tube reveals that it contains a wand rather than a scroll. Further study reveals that it is a CLW wand (11 charges, 1d8+1).


Let me know where you go to sell the loot.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Pnin...take a look at these shiny things...then let us go to Lady Rillins


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael appraises platinum ring and silver bracelet
appraise: 1d20 ⇒ 3


Sanrael has no idea as to the value of the items.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Party proceeds to Lady Rillins....Idril...will you accompany me to inquire?
Sanrael glances about the room....trying to size up the best approach
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

351 to 400 of 3,226 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.