Fort Inevitable

Game Master Daedeloth

Adventures around Fort Inevitable


2,951 to 3,000 of 3,253 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

*&%$@#!!!


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Hey, here is a wild idea.
1. Idril plays as the troll.
2. Troll joins party and makes peace with us.
3. ????
4. Profit


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Pnin…...you're brilliant!!!
and Its made of stone....so not a stretch


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

-11HP

GSPA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 122d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 1) + 13 = 17


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Continue to inspire courage Come on boys, let's rock this scene...make him pay for striking Pnin!

Attack Longsword: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 = 24
damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7


AOO on Sanrael as he stands from prone position.

claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Dam: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Kael continues missing, Sanrael misses badly and pulls his hamstring in the process (-2 Dex), Curral engages the troll injuring it slightly.

On Kael:

claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Dam: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Dam: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Dam: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Can our heroes get their s+!# together or will they end up in the troll’s belly?


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

GSPA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 172d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 6) + 13 = 20


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

TPK troll!


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

The only way out is to join, desecrate Pnin's body and see if that pacifies the troll!


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Continue to inspire courage It's looking grim, I will not lie...It's time for this stanky troll to die!

Attack Longsword: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 = 23
damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

-19HP

LOH3: 2d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 + 1 = 10

-9HP

1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 = 202d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 6) + 13 = 20


Curral and Kael finally manage to bring the beast down!


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael looks at his blade....and raises his eyebrows in wonder...clearly I need to work on transitioning from bow to blade....extra practice...I fumbled like Pnin would for words..swearing his undying love for a 5 day old dead trout


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin lies on the floor, unconscious. Yet, somehow, an aura of anger emanates and his fur stands on end at Sanrael's comment


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael releases a burst of healing energy pulse: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 +2 for Kael who is now at full HP.

Supplemental wand healing for Pnin CLW: 4d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 8, 4) + 4 + 4 = 23


Anything from Curral?


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Just to be clear, Pnin goes up by 30?

Pnin takes a careful look at the troll and his surroundings.

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (3) + 21 = 24

Looks like another one of my nine lives down, really thought I was a goner . . .


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL
Pnin wrote:

Just to be clear, Pnin goes up by 30?

Pnin takes a careful look at the troll and his surroundings.

Looks like another one of my nine lives down, really thought I was a goner . . .

+30, yes. Let me know if you need another dose of the wand. Not sure on your current HP status.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

-5/32 HP

I swore I posted that! I remember taking the time to figure it out and everything!


After his healing, Pnin moves over to scrutinize the troll. To his surprise the creature leaps up and attacks!

On Pnin:

Claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Claw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Dam: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Dam: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Party action.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

Sanrael rushes up
GSPA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 212d6 + 13 ⇒ (6, 2) + 13 = 21


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael sighs in frustration-I'm such an idiot. and makes a small flame to burn the troll's corpse before healing Pnin once more via wand.

CLW: 4d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3, 6, 7) + 4 + 4 = 27


Kael Cullen wrote:

Kael sighs in frustration-I'm such an idiot. and makes a small flame to burn the troll's corpse before healing Pnin once more via wand.

[dice=CLW]4d8+4+4

Might want to kill it again first.


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL
DM Darkvision wrote:
Kael Cullen wrote:

Kael sighs in frustration-I'm such an idiot. and makes a small flame to burn the troll's corpse before healing Pnin once more via wand.

Might want to kill it again first.

He just put 21 HP on it; and no one else has even attacked yet.

Just in case GSPA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 162d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 2) + 13 = 20


You did take 5 rounds to heal Pnin.


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL
DM Darkvision wrote:
You did take 5 rounds to heal Pnin.

It started at minus a lot.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Based on the above, I am very confused about my HP status . ..

Under the assumption that the troll is still alive after Sanrael's attack and Kael is attacking:

-25/32 HP

Pnin hisses in pain and fires his bow at the troll

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 2 = 15

Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + (2, 1) = 9

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 2 = 22

Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + (4, 1) = 11


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

Sorry, was up at SLO taking Brenna to college

Strike at the troll!
Longsword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


The troll goes down!


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin keeps his bow trained on the troll

Anyone want to go in for a coup?


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Burn troll


Kael burns the troll, it’s not coming back from the dead this time.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin resumes looking around the cavern:

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (11) + 21 = 32

-25/32 HP


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

sanrael looks about as well..
perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34


Pnin and Sanrael find several gems on the floor of the cavern, total value is 650 gold.


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

You've done enough bleeding for a bit Pnin. Let me lead the way to the door.

Kael heads to the door on the far side of the cavern, doing his best to avoid getting to wet when he crosses the brownish/red stream.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Is Kael healing Pnin per the abandoned post from above? Noticed Pnin believes he is at -25. Would like to hear Kael out on his rationale/argument for blessed touch applying to CLW wands.

The group makes it to the door without incident.


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Healing Pnin per the above posts. Casting a cure with the wand. Kael activating the wand activates his blessed touch.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Well, if Kael's argument holds up:

Full HP

and Pnin looks at the door for traps. No touching until group has a plan.

Perception+Traps: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36


Pnin studies the door and finds what he is certain is a magical trap and believes to be fire related.

Ok with the heals.


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Despite Kael's earlier offers, Pnin is pretty sure he is the best bet to disable the trap so he tries:

DisableDevice: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20


The trap is complicated, Pnin is unable to disable it on his first try but he avoids setting it off. -2 on next attempt


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Pnin was a little nervous as he fiddled with the trap the first time. He shakes it off and is more sure of himself this time (using Inspired trait) and try to disable it again.

DisableDevice: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 15 - 2 = 16

DisableDevice: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 15 - 2 = 33


Unfortunately Pnin does not get a third chance as his usually deft fingers tremble in nervousness setting off an explosive burst of flame.

Pnin:
fire damage: 6d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 1, 1, 2, 6) = 14 DC 18 reflex save for 1/2 damage


male human paladin 10, AC28 HP122 init. +3 Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 10

-It's not a third try, using Inspired Trait It's 2 rolls for the same try-


Missed the inspired trait note in the text, thank you King Ibram!

Pnin disarms the trap.


AC 19; HP 46 INIT +2; PERCEPTION +15
Melee:
+9 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon); 2d6+7(6STR/1weapon)Power Attack+7 to hit (4STR/4BAB/1weapon/-2PA); 2d6+13 (6STR/1weapon/6PA)ranged composit bow +6;1d8+
Saves:
+8 FORT; +6 REF; +3 WILL

wooooohooooo Pnin!!!


AC 19; HP 32; INIT +6; PERCEPT +19 [+21 for traps]
Combat:
Shortbow +9 / 1d6+5; Morningstar +4 / 1d8+1; Sneak Attack +2d6
Saves:
Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +3

Sorry, I was confused too. I felt like maybe it could count as a third try. Probably should have used it on the first try? Anyway, thanks, DM, for your beneficence (and Ibram!)

Pnin whispers: Would you do the honors, Kael?


AC-22; HP 38 INIT +1; PERCEPTION +10
Melee:
Greatsword +9/2d6+7; PA: +7; 2d6+13
Saves:
+10FORT; +5REF; +7WILL

Kael obliges and opens the door.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Kael opens the door to a small cavern about 30’ across and more or less circular. The heat and stench of sulfur are overwhelming, with yellow smoke coming from numerous vents in the floor. There is a door on the far side.

2,951 to 3,000 of 3,253 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Fort Inevitable All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.