GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


5,251 to 5,300 of 8,278 << first < prev | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | next > last >>

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Yes, ten minutes passed, give or take a minute, before Rubila returns and departs with her forces. Gotcha Florence! I was muddled there for a moment. :)

Benedictus dispels the glyph on the floor to avoid any unpleasant surprises with a nod. Stelle hears nothing through the northern doors, but she thinks she hears some noise from further down the hallway. What exactly it is though is hard to say for sure at this distance. Whatever it is, is somewhat far away...

Nidhi meanwhile checks the southern door for traps and, finding none, opens it.

A clay lamp atop a wooden table lights this room. Against the wall stand weapon racks holding only a few warped and rusted blades. Rotten quivers hang from spikes driven into the wall. Two small wooden casks sealed with wax stand beneath the quivers. The smashed remains of a third cask lie in a puddle of oil suggesting all three contain lamp oil. There is nothing else of note in the chamber, though it looks like someone was loitering here recently.

Oh, and my bad. I've said that Heroism is still going, but I forgot you rested for a couple hours - so that spell is past. I think, as you waited ten minutes for Rubila, all current spells have expired. Let me know if that is not the case.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
I kinda figured the ten minutes had passed in between the time Rubila left to terminate the contract the girtobloobloo had with their evil overlords, gather her troops and return here just to leave us here.

Same.

GM Euan wrote:
I've said that Heroism is still going, but I forgot you rested for a couple hours - so that spell is past.

Noted!

"Let's go." The bard motions for her companions to follow. Nidhi walks into the room (see map) and casts Detect Secret Doors (PRD link)

Nidhi Spell Tally:
Inspire Courage: 5 out of 28 used
1st-level Spells: Reveal Secret Doors, 6 available
2nd-level Spells: Tongues (self - girtablilu), 4 available
3rd-level Spells: Good Hope (party), Good Hope (party), 2 available
4th-level Spells: 2 available


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi detects no secret doors in her sweep of the room.


GM Euan wrote:
Let me know if that is not the case.

Zilchus would argue that his extended magic vestment is still going, 22 hours.

After the right amount of time is passed (and then some), Zilchus will follow Nidhi into the side room. His blade is still drawn, and his weapon cord is still attached. He will look about the room.

1d20 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23 Perception


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
GM Euan wrote:
There is nothing else of note in the chamber, though it looks like someone was loitering here recently.

"This would be the perfect dance hall. I bet the acoustics are great!" Nidhi opens her mouth and tests a few harmonious notes on the walls. She tilts her head, places a hand on her hip and smiles. Then she frowns. "Ugh, this thing is so heavy."

Sleight of Hand (put on mask quickly): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Nidhi proceeds to unwrap the silk scarf around her waist and fasten the mask properly on her head. When she's finished fastening the mask, she ties her scarf back around her waist, securing her traveling cloak closed once more.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Still hovering by the northern door, Stelle holds up her left wrist where she wears the Scarab of Mummy Defense, and peers at it curiously.

She taps it three times with her right index finger*.

So, tell me, are there any Mummys hiding around here?

*:

This gold amulet is fashioned in the shape of a winged scarab beetle holding a large ruby that represents the solar disk. The scarab grants its wearer a +4 bonus on saving throws against fear effects, and enables its wearer to detect any mummy within 60 feet, although he must concentrate as a standard action to use this ability.
Spoiler:
In addition, anytime the wearer would be affected by a curse or disease effect, the scarab of mummy defense can absorb the effect with no harm to the wearer. Upon absorbing 12 such effects, the scarab turns to dust and is destroyed. An effect that’s both a curse and a disease, such as mummy rot, is considered a single effect for these purposes.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party searches to no avail, finding nothing else of interest in the cavernous room.

Stelle finds no mummies in her search.


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence peeks inside of the room, frowning at the spilled lamp oil on the floor. "That looks recent...like, really recent. Where those archers planning to shoot flaming arrows or something?"

And with that thought, Florence recalls that they hadn't really searched the fallen archers - having been too caught up in Rubila's appearance immediately after the battle. "Hmm, I wonder if they were carrying anything useful? I'll go look really quick."

Florence heads back into the other room and proceeds to do just that.


Casting Detect Magic, Zilchus gives one last look around the room (mindful of the spilled oil) and then looks for another path forward.

1d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27 Perception

If nothing, moved Z to new location on map.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Nidhi wrote:
"Ugh, this thing is so heavy."

Stelle, some what bemused, watches Nidhi re-fasten the mask to her head.

"Is it less heavy when you wear it like that?" she asks, a genuine note of curiosity in her tone.

Stelle helps Florence check the archers' bodies for loot.

"I think maybe we should head down the western corridor from whence Rubila and her troops came before they departed. That's probably where the cultists are gathered, wondering what the impetus is for the Girtobloobloos sudden withdraw. We should hit them hard and fast and take them by total surprise."

Stelle will, as they go further into the complex, continue to check for Mummys every 100 feet or so until cultists are encountered.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence checks the bodies, and realizes that the party ignore the bodies from the earlier fight too! Never even searched the room…

Digging through their belongings, you find:
amulet of might fists +1 (x2) (x4)
belt of giant strength +2 (x2) (x4)
Gilt wooden funerary masks worth 25gp, and 40gp in assorted coins (x2) (x4)

Searching the entry room, you find substantial alcoves behind the hanging reed mats, but otherwise nothing of particular interest.

Zilchus manages to avoid the oil but finds nothing magical in the chamber. He moves to he next set of doors.

Nidhi:
It is actually less heavy when you wear it on your face as a mask.

Go ahead and position yourselves on the map as you move forward and I’ll open up new areas on the map.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle watches Zilchus zip by going in the direction not-west. She shrugs.

"Or, we could check out the eastern doors first." she whispers.

She joins him by the eastern doors and listens.

Percept: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

That's crazy!

Nidhi finishes buckling the last strap of her mask. A wave of relief crashes over her as the mask returns to its proper home. Like a glove. Nidhi joins Zilchus to the set of double doors. Feeling safe with Stelle and Zilchus by her side, she confidently attempts to open the double doors. "No warm welcome?"


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

After gathering up the items worth some coin from the fallen guards and archers, Florence hurries out into the hallway to catch up with Zilchus and the others.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle also hears nothing at the doors.

Benedictus catches up, "So what's the plan? I still need to rest before we go too far. This is a big place. Not a good place to get lost in..." he looks around a little nervously.


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Well, we could try holing up in the room with the lamp oil," Florence suggests as Ben catches up to them as well. "There didn't seem to be any other way inside and we could maybe barricade or lock the door so we don't have more cultists or guards wandering in."


Zilchus almost chooses to ignore Ben, but then doesn't.

"I think we can do a bit more here. This place is huge so we'll probably need to try to rest again, don't you worry."

He awaits Nidhi's opening of the doors, ready to move on in.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

The song of my people. Jokes aside, we can rest if people feel like we need to rest. Nidhi's a glass half full.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

"I would prefer to continue on," says Stelle, "just until... until we kill all of the cultists... "...oh, nevermind."

She smiles and looks at Nidhi and Zilchus. "Let's just see what's inside, shall we?"


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Oh I'm fine with pressing on a little further," Florence remarks with a shrug. "But I figured I'd suggest the oil room as a place to come back to when we do decide to hole up. That's all."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 7

Benedictus shrugs unhappily as Nidhi checks and opens the door.

A wide hall stretches from a pair of stone double doors to the south to an oversized archway to the north. Engraved sigils of eyes, suns, swords, and water birds mark the large stone blocks that pave the floor. Six alcoves line the hall, three on each side. Within each alcove stands an upright stone sarcophagus carved in the likeness of a human man, his arms crossed over his chest. Thin, foul-smelling smoke emanates from the eyes of the sarcophagi, creating a dank haze in the room. The ceiling is 30’ high in this lofty chamber.

The first sarcophagus to the southeast stands open and empty; a small pile of charred bones lie heaped on the floor in front of it.

Knowledge Planes DC 23:
The foul smelling smoke issuing from the sarcophagi is a characteristic of the extrapljnar undead creature known as a bodak. One question for each five you beat the DC.
- - -


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence moves up and peers through the open door into the room beyond, frowning and waving her hand a bit to disperse the smoky haze that drifts over them.

Kn. Planes (DC 23): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Her eyes widen when she spots the smokey-eyed sarcophagus and she throws up her hand to stop Zilchus or anyone else from moving into the room. "Whoa, wait! That smoke there...that's a characteristic of this thing called a 'bodak' - an undead creature from beyond the Material plane."

She frowns, quickly trying to recall anything useful about bodaks but isn't able to come up with much. "I don't know a lot about them, though. If I remember right they're resistant to ______ but that's all I can think of."
____________

Resistances, please :)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Bodak are resistant to both acid and fire (10hp/r).

Benedictus nods in agreement, "Yes, bodak, quite. Chaotic Evil undead."


”A boe dack? Interesting. Are there more varieties of dack, other than boe?” Zilch nods at the warning, moving in slowly to examine the corpse and sarcophagus.

His sword is out as his eyes sweep the room..

1d20 + 21 ⇒ (20) + 21 = 41 Perception


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi takes Florence's warning into consideration. A bodak? The bard squints.

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

"Oh, yeah. That's what that smell is from!"

Nidhi eyes the room but doesn't cross the threshold. "But... I don't understand... Where are all the people? I thought this was supposed to be some big cultist operation. I mean, why else have all the bodyguards?" She throws her hands into the air, "when I saw the double doors I expected some big, elaborate gathering but there's nobody here!"

Nidhi gently rests a hand on Stelle's shoulder. "I'm right behind you." Nidhi casts Good Hope on the party.

Good Hope: Standard Action, 100ft + 10ft/level, one living creature/level within 30ft. +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.

Nidhi Spell Tally:
Inspire Courage: 5 out of 28 used
1st-level Spells: Reveal Secret Doors, 6 available
2nd-level Spells: Tongues (self - girtablilu), Heroism (Stelle), Heroism (Zilchus), Heroism (Ben), Heroism (Florence)
3rd-level Spells: Good Hope (party - during Crazy Priest encounter), Good Hope (party - during Scorpion encounter), Good Hope, (party - during Bodak Room), 1 available
4th-level Spells: Invisibility (self), 1 available


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus' eyes sweep the room, and he sees a trap. A few traps actually (you don't see them all from your spot, but you can surmise those further away).

If you step within the red areas, the nearest sarcophagus opens, revealing its contents... This one is triggered, and revealed a bodak. Hard to say what the others might reveal.

Those of you in the hall, though you're technically within the radius of a trap, you're not 'in' the room so you're safe.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

To be clear, Florence believes there may be at least one Bodak per sarcophagus, but there may be more, and there may be... other things. Just that that's the sort of smoke that comes off a Bodak, and there's a dead Bodak on the floor.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Florence wrote:
"...that's a characteristic of this thing called a 'bodak' - an undead creature from beyond the Material plane."

"Whoa. Baykoks and Bodaks. Are they cousins?" Stelle looks around. "Don't breathe that -- " she says, pointing to the smoke.

GMEuan wrote:
Engraved sigils of eyes, suns, swords, and water birds mark the large stone blocks that pave the floor.

Stelle urges Anubis into the room. "Wow! Look at this floor! Four sigils, and six sarcophagi. Maybe it's a puzzle...?"

Puzzled, Stelle goes to inspect the open sarcophagus, any of its deocrations as well as its last (occupant?).


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Though intricate, the sigils on the floor do not seem related to the sarcophagi.

Stelle further finds nothing within the sarcophagus. It is empty. She thinks it could contain as many as three of the Bodak if they were crunched together. They're large sarcophagi.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

"Well, should we disarm the traps, and open the sarcophagi one by one, or should we go back to the western door? I thought I heard some noise coming from down there earlier."

Her eyes gleam.

"Maybe we'll find cultists!"


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi tilts her head and places a hand on her hip. "Maybe we should check out the Western door. There don't seem to be any cultists here."


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Personally I say we disarm the traps and leave whatever's in those sarcophagi in there to rot," Florence chimes in, looking around nervously. "Whether we do it right now or after having a look at that western door, it doesn't matter to me."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Each of the five sarcophagi would need to be disarmed separately. Nidhi is pretty sure they are tough to disarm - in part because she has to do it from 30' away. Do-able for a woman of her singular skills, but tough.

She anticipates some failures before she's done however. Those failures may trigger the traps if she's unlucky.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

"Oh, yes -- to be sure we will scour every inch of this place before departing. For now I am suggesting that we keep our momentum on eliminating the cultist threat. The sooner we do that, the quicker we may be able to rest and explore without that hanging over our heads."


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence shrugs. "Just a suggestion but Nidhi understands traps way more than I ever will. If it'd be easier to just move on and come back here later then I'm fine with that too. We just need to keep moving if we're not going to rest."


Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
"Oh, yes -- to be sure we will scour every inch of this place before departing. For now I am suggesting that we keep our momentum on eliminating the cultist threat."

Zilchus readily agrees with Stelle's wise words. He carefully backs out of the trapped room and moves south to the next door.

"Good plan, Stelle. Last thing we want is to have extra fights when some of us are already ready for bed," Zilch's eyes flicker to Ben, then back on the task at hand.

He will move to the south trapped doors and look for traps, because he's sure that they are there.

1d20 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25 Perception

"Nidhi, while I'm looking over here, do you think you can lock those doors good? Or disable them?"


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

"Err - I can try to lock the doors but if the cultists have a key it won't help us much." Nidhi still pulls out her lockpick set and gets to work on the door. (Assuming everyone is back in the hallway.)

Disable Device (+tools, +good hope): 1d20 + 17 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 17 + 5 + 2 = 33


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

With everyone more or less in agreement to leave the Room of Imminent Death for the time being, Florence follows a few paces behind Zilchus as he moves to investigate the next door.

"Do you think maybe the cultists weren't able to completely take this place?" she asks aloud. "Maybe that's why one of those traps got tripped. Maybe they've been working their way further into this place just like we are - they just got here first is all."


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle shrugs at Florence's very good queries. "Let's hope they haven't gotten too far inside."

She then waits for everyone to clear the room of Imminent Death before finally joining everyone at the western door.

Squeezing their way toward the front of the group, Stelle and Anubis approach the door.

She listens along with Zilchus. +4 to Zilchus' percept plus maybe two more if Good Hope applies.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party rounds the corner to see two cultists down the hall keeping watch. One calls out loudly, ”So you survived, too bad. This is as far as you get!” One is wielding a scimitar while the other has a long spear.

- Round Surprise -
Benedictus - 27
- Round 1 -
Benedictus - 27
Stelle - 22
Nidhi - 21
Florence - 11
Good Folks - 8
Spear, red - 8 (-28hp)
Zilchus - 3

Initiative Rolls:

Benedictus 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27 (acts in surprise round)
Florence 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Stelle 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Zilchus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Good Folk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Nidhi has not yet secured the northern doors and Zilchus has not yet listened at the door.

Benedictus is up in the surprise round and Benedictus, Stelle, Nidhi, and Florence are up in round one. Sorry Zilchus!

Benedictus moves to the corner to see in the surprise round, and opens fire with a Scorching Ray, focusing on the spear wielder in round one.

Ray touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 2, 3) = 16
Ray touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 3, 5) = 18
Ray touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 3, 2) = 12

He connects twice.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

No time to check for hall traps, just going to have to move fast. No archers, but one spear?

Fearlessly, Stelle takes Annie as fast as he can go into a Spirited Charge down the hallway toward LongSpearMan.

SpiritedCharge: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34 -PA
for Damage: 3d6 + 18 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 3, 3) + 18 + 6 + 6 = 41

Allies have:
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
(There is currently no challenge)
+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear*
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge*

(Challenge, Order)
+2 circumstance bonus on melee attack rolls against the target of Stelle's challenge

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
*Banner

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 91
Annie: Hits: 90 + Lvl 11 hits
Stelle AC: 28
Anubis AC: 28
Buffs: +2 AC, Courage, Hope

Saves:
Fort: +9 (+1 Con, +Cloak, +Luck)
Reflex: +6 (+2 Dex, +Cloak, +Luck)
Will: +6/+14 vs. Fear (+Blood of Pharaohs, +Luck, +Cloak, +Scarab) (+2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 3/3

AC: 28 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1, Dodge) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: +11/+6/+1 (+2 Lance, +2 Str, -3 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 1:

Nidhi begins to sing, inspiring the party. She continues to attempts to lock the doors (?) Is it a time thing or a skill thing?


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 1, Initiative 11

"More of you?" Florence sighs. She moves up the hall a little, to get a better view of the two cultists. "Go home. You're just small fry compared to some of the things we've tangled with."

With that, she attempts to anchor the shadow of Red to the ground.

Spells & Powers:

6th - True Seeing
5th - Break Enchantment, Hold Monster x2
4th - Blessing of Fervor, Confusion, Greater False Life, Ice Storm
3rd - Disable Construct, Dispel Magic, Heroism x2, Lightning Bolt
2nd - Euphoric Cloud, Glitterdust x2, Hold Person, See Invisibility
1st - Bless, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shadow Trap, Snowball, Unbreakable Heart
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize
Lesser Extend Rod (3/3)

Fortune Hex Uses: Nidhi
Healing Hex Uses:


____________

Florence casts Shadow Trap on Red (or the other one if Red is dead); DC 16 Will save.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus moves and launches a trio of scorching rays at the enemy wounding one (red seems to take less damage, slightly, then he should. DR perhaps). Stelle charges the same man and adds to the injury, though he does not falter and again takes slightly less from the assault (DR). Nidhi, just needing some time, wedges the door shut (no lock). Florence then piles on and tries to pin him to his shadow!
Spear Red will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 … and his shadow is free, but only just

”Now you idiots!” comes a shout from red, bleeding badly and breathing through a broken tooth. Never the less, he steps back 5’ and attacks Stelle with his spear.
spear red on Stelle: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32 damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
spear red on Stelle: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

He hits Stelle once for a scratch.

His companion stays where he is and attacks Stelle up close with his scimitar, though he doesn't land a blow.
scimitar blue on Stelle: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19 damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
scimitar blue on Stelle: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Meanwhile, the door next to Zilchus opens and another pair of cultists attacks him! He and Benedictus can see the small room over their shoulders. It contains four wooden cots with legs carved to resemble lions’ paws. A padded neck rest and a thin cotton sheet rest atop each cot. Above each cot, a niche cut in the wall serves as a shallow shelf, and is adorned with a carved figure of a snarling sphinx looking out into the room. Four wicker stools sit in a corner of the room next to a small wooden chest.

spear green on Zilchus: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33 damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
spear green on Zilchus: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

scimitar brown on Zilchus: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

The spearman, like his cousin, does well, while the scimitars do poorly.

- Round 1 -
Zilchus - 3 (-10hp)
- Round 2 -
Benedictus - 27
Stelle - 22 (-10hp)
Nidhi - 21
Florence - 11
Good Folks - 8
Spear, red - 8 (-66hp, pinned)

The party is up!

Benedictus considers this new development, and tries to make it easier on Zilchus. He casts Web in the room - trying to pin the two new cultists in place.
spear green reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 vs DC 19 or entangled
scimitar brown reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 vs DC 19 or entangled

And they're both stuck!

Zilchus - you technically go before Benedictus, so if you chose to enter the room, he'll change his action...


Round 1, Init 3

Zilchus takes a single surprise stabbing, but then returns his own flurry of blows with a manly grunt.

1d20 + 14 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 2 + 5 = 22 to hit; (+bard,+grunt)
2d4 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 13 + 2 = 18 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard)

1d20 + 7 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 + 5 = 15 to hit; (+bard,+grunt)
2d4 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 13 + 2 = 18 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard)

Ah yeah! GCP Boxcars!

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+14+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+7+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 80/90
AC: 26/23 (7 armor+1, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +3 buckler +2 ring)

DF:0/10
Weap: 0/10 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/8 used (+5)
Quick Prayer: 1/8 used
PoP1: 1/1 used
Armor: 0/10 minutes used
Crocodilic Aura: 0/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 2, Initiative 11

"Well, can't say we didn't warn you," Florence remarks as she attempts to use her magic to hold Stelle's second attacker in place.

Spells & Powers:

6th - True Seeing
5th - Break Enchantment, Hold Monster x2
4th - Blessing of Fervor, Confusion, Greater False Life, Ice Storm
3rd - Disable Construct, Dispel Magic, Heroism x2, Lightning Bolt
2nd - Euphoric Cloud, Glitterdust x2, Hold Person, See Invisibility
1st - Bless, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shadow Trap, Snowball, Unbreakable Heart
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize
Lesser Extend Rod (3/3)

Fortune Hex Uses: Nidhi
Healing Hex Uses:


____________

Florence casts Hold Person on Blue! It's hopefully super effective! (DC 17 Will).


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Blue, still chuckling at Zilchus' misses, freezes in place and though the features don't move, the eyes look horrified at what's to come. Stelle, you may coupe de grace the blue scimitar if you wish...


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Round 1, Init 10

Stelle maintains her attack on RedSpear.

Poke: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 3 = 22 +Lance, +Courage, -PA
for Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 6 = 20 +Lance, +Hope, +Courage, +PA

Poke: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 3 = 23 +Lance, +Courage, -PA
for Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 6 = 18 +Lance, +Hope, +Courage, +PA

Poke: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 3 = 5 +Lance, +Courage, -PA
for Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 6 = 20 +Lance, +Hope, +Courage, +PA

'GCP'? 'Globus Connect Personal' boxcars?

Anubis bites the immobile blue

"GGrrrrrrr!"
Coup De Gras: 2d6 + 10 + 2 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (5, 3) + 10 + 2 + 4 + 4 = 28 +Hope, +Courage

Allies have:

**~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
||(There is currently no challenge)
||+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear*
||+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge*
||
||(Challenge, Order)
||+2 circumstance bonus on melee attack rolls against the target of Stelle's challenge
||~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
||
|| *Banner
||
**

Status:

Current Status: 81 hits, Inspired, Hopeful

Stelle: Hits: 91
Annie: Hits: 90 + Lvl 11 hits
Stelle AC: 28
Anubis AC: 28
Buffs: +2 AC, Courage, Hope

Saves:
Fort: +9 (+1 Con, +Cloak, +Luck)
Reflex: +6 (+2 Dex, +Cloak, +Luck)
Will: +6/+14 vs. Fear (+Blood of Pharaohs, +Luck, +Cloak, +Scarab) (+2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 3/3

AC: 28 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1, Dodge) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: +11/+6/+1 (+2 Lance, +2 Str, -3 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Fort: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 vs DC 38

Both cultists pop like angry blisters, exploding in light and flame. Saves for both Stelle and Annubis please as Stelle clears the hall.

DC 16 Fort or be blinded 1r (twice, once for each cultist)
DC 16 Fort or take half of fire damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 (just one cultist in range for the fire snakes)


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

FortDC16blindStelle: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 21
FortDC16fireStelle: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 = 16
FortDC16blindAnubis: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 2 = 27
FortDC16fireAnubis: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 2 = 33

Status:

Current status: 76 hits (Stelle), 85 hits (Anubis), Inspired, Hopeful

Stelle: Hits: 91
Annie: Hits: 90 + Lvl 11 hits
Stelle AC: 28
Anubis AC: 28
Buffs: +2 AC, Courage, Hope

Saves:
Fort: +9 (+1 Con, +Cloak, +Luck)
Reflex: +6 (+2 Dex, +Cloak, +Luck)
Will: +6/+14 vs. Fear (+Blood of Pharaohs, +Luck, +Cloak, +Scarab) (+2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 3/3

AC: 28 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1, Dodge) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: +11/+6/+1 (+2 Lance, +2 Str, -3 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)

5,251 to 5,300 of 8,278 << first < prev | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.