GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


5,201 to 5,250 of 8,073 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi inspires the party and provides hope that the battle will be a fruitful one. Florence shifts uneasily into the room and blesses the party. Stelle charges in and very nearly pins the poor, barely standing, sphinx to the wall. Zilchus provokes, and then swings hard, doing real damage to the poor brute. Benedictus, wanting to conserve spells, tries his crossbow through the crowd.

Red takes advantage of the AoO to attack Zilchus as he maneuvers into a better spot.
AoO Bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Benedictus crossbow on blue, and he snakes one through!
Crossbow: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 = 22 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Red continues to tuck into Zilchus still so close.
Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Claw: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Claw: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

While blue, again tries to move off the grease. He draws an AoO from Stelle's lance as he does so.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 vs DC 10 to move.

If he survives the AoO (and he may not) he pounces on Zilchus, but to no avail.
Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Claw: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Claw: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Meanwhile, four archers appear over the walls above you to the north and south (I’ve opened up the map a little so you can ‘see’ them. However, they have improved cover (+8 AC) from you and are 15’ up to boot (for reference again, the ceiling is 20’ up and the walls of the room you’re in only go up 15’ excepting the east wall (you’re entering from the east).

They each take a shot with their crossbows at Stelle.
Crossbow: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6
Crossbow: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Crossbow: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Crossbow: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

As she's flat-footed to their first round of attacks, she's hit twice for a pittance.

- Round 2 -
Nidhi - 18-
Florence - 13
Stelle - 9 (-7hp)
Zilchus - 7 (-5hp)
- Round 3 -
Benedictus - 25
Red - 18+ (-20hp)
Blue - 18+ (-59hp)

Everyone is up!


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 2, Initiative 13

Florence casts a rueful glance up at the murder holes as Stelle's predictions come true and bolts begin to fly.

Damn and I don't really have any magics that'd work without catching us in the crossfire too...!

Making a mental note to hopefully deal with the archers very shortly, Florence draws her longspear and steps next to Stelle. "Hold...still, you half-baked excuse for a sphinx!" she exclaims as she tries to jab at the creature.

Attack vs. Blue (Longspear; Good Hope, IC): 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 + 2 = 10
____________

If Blue dies before Flo's turn comes up, she'll instead step up behind Zilchus and stab at Red.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Round2, Init 9

AoOLance: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (1) + 22 = 23 +Hero, -PA, +Courage
for Damage: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15 +PA, Courage, Hope

Suddenly struck by arrows, Stelle's lance work is thrown to the side.

~~~

Anubis bites.

Bite: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27 -PA, +Courage
for Damage: 1d6 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16 +PA, +Courage, +Hope

Stelle moves him back, and grants a +2 dodge bonus to everyone's AC for one round.

She then appears to brace for another charge.

Allies have:
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
(There is currently no challenge)
+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear*
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge*
+2 dodge bonus to AC

(Challenge, Order)
+2 circumstance bonus on melee attack rolls against the target of Stelle's challenge

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
*Banner


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 2:

Still singing, Nidhi takes out her bow and shoots an arrow towards the blue sphinx. She takes comfort in knowing Stelle stands between her and her enemies.

To hit (+IC): 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 2 = 30
(Bard 10th level +7, Dex +2,, Belt +1, Point-Blank Shot +1, Masterwork Weapon/Magical Bonus (doesn’t stack) +1)

Damage (+IC +GH): 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 12
(Str +1, Masterwork Weapon +1, Magical Bonus +1, Point-Blank Shot +1 (30ft)), Critical x3, Range 100ft, Piercing, 1 ½ lbs (Darkwood)

Inspire Courage: +2 (level 6) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: (everyone) +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls

Nidhi spell tally:

Hopefully this is correct. I think the party slept after meeting the crazy archaeologist.
Inspire Courage: 5 out of 28 used
1st-level Spells: 7 available
2nd-level Spells: Tongues (self - girtablilu), 4 available
3rd-level Spells: Good Hope (party), Good Hope (party), 2 available
4th-level Spells: 2 available


Round 2, Init 7

Escaping more injury, Zilchus swings at blue (then red if blue is down) and again wishes Ben had access to a fog cloud.

1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 2 + 2 = 23 to hit; (+bard,+hope)
2d4 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 13 + 2 = 19 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard)

1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 23 to hit; (+bard,+hope)
2d4 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 13 + 2 = 21 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+14+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+7+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 85/90
AC: 26/23 (7 armor+1, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +3 buckler +2 ring)

DF:0/10
Weap: 0/10 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting/Summoning: 1/8 used (+5)
Quick Prayer: 1/8 used
PoP1: 1/1 used
Armor: 0/10 minutes used
Crocodilic Aura: 0/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi hits blue, and the creature melts back into the ether from which it was born. Florence takes a swing, but cannot quite hit her target. Stelle (per chat) stabs at red killing it quickly as it too dissipates. Zilchus (per chat) moves to the door and tries to open it, to find the doors locked. He lets the party know and considers how best to deal with the archers. Benedictus has had enough. Though the archers aren’t very effective, he steps back and begins a full round summoning spell. Before he leaves though, Ptolomy draws his magic missile wand and zaps purple! damage: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 1) + 4 = 12

”Ptew! Ptew!” he cries out gleefully.

The four archers do what they can again to down Stelle, or at least harm her in some substantive way.
Crossbow: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Crossbow: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Crossbow: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Crossbow: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Note: The doors appear to be the same as the interior doors you just passed through. In which case knocking them down is going to be time consuming - possibly on the order of minutes not rounds. Picking a lock is still an option however…

- Round 3 -
Nidhi - 18-
Florence - 13
Stelle - 9 (-12hp)
Zilchus - 7 (-5hp)
- Round 4 -
Benedictus - 25
Archers - 18+
Purple - 18+ (-12hp)

Everyone is up!


Zilchus looks at Ben. ”Ben, can you get me up there?” aka, have a fly spell?

If so, Zilch will delay for Ben. If not, Zilch will panic and ponder his next actions.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus says, "If you come to me, I can carry three of you, and myself, to the other side of the door - or up on the balcony - I am already flying..." he adds sheepishly, remembering he cast it prior to the last fight. Dimension Door scroll, CL 9.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

"The balcony!" cries, Stelle rushing to Ben with Anubis.

"Do we count as one, or two?" she asks, hesitantly when she reaches him.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

"Two!" Benedictus grins and waits for Zilchus.

He's going to complete his summons as that started last round, but at the end of this round, when next he goes, he can do the dimension door of Stelle, Annubis, and Zilchus leaving Florence and Nidhi to deal with the lock while the balance deal with the archers.

So Nidhi and Florence are up I think and Stelle and Zilchus have standard actions left if they want to do anything while they wait for Benedictus.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle grants a +2 AC dodge bonus to her allies.

Allies have:
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
(There is currently no challenge)
+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear*
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge*
+2 Dodge Bonus to AC

(Challenge, Order)
+2 circumstance bonus on melee attack rolls against the target of Stelle's challenge

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
*Banner


Round 3, Init 7

"Good! Take me to them!" Zilchus moves to Ben and readies a strike (with lunge, as needed) if Ben can put him within range of a baddie.

1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 2 + 2 = 35 to hit; (+bard,+hope)
2d4 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 13 + 2 = 20 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard)

Pot crit:
1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 2 + 2 = 30 to hit; (+bard,+hope)
2d4 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1) + 13 + 2 = 20 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+14+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+7+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 85/90
AC: 26/23 (7 armor+1, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +3 buckler +2 ring)

DF:0/10
Weap: 0/10 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting/Summoning: 1/8 used (+5)
Quick Prayer: 1/8 used
PoP1: 1/1 used
Armor: 0/10 minutes used
Crocodilic Aura: 0/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 3:

As a free action, Nidhi continues to sing. Nidhi walks up 30 feet, bows(?) in the direction of the new door, then searches for a trap. Oh, them? Oh no, I'm not with them.

Perception (door area for traps): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi finds no traps on the door. She's sure it's quite safe.

Quite safe...


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 3, Initiative 13

"So we just need to deal with the door? Got it!"

Really though, Florence doesn't feel as confident as she sounds.

Locked doors? That's outside my wheelhouse but maybe I can do something else to help.

In preparation for Nidhi to hopefully try and get the door open, Florence bestows her friend with a little extra good fortune and draws her own crossbow.
____________

Florence will hit Nidhi with her Fortune hex and then draw her crossbow as a move action. I'm assuming that from down on the ground trying to target any of the archers with magic is going to be difficult to do, yes?


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 4:

Nidhi attempts to open the doors(?) If it's locked she pulls out her tools. What action is opening a door?


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Actually Stelle, I failed to take into account your +2 dodge bonus, so you were not hit last round. Nidhi, you’re not quite to the doors yet, but Zilchus said they were locked. It’s a move action to open a door (once you unlock it - but you also need to move to get to the door to unlock it.

Nidhi moves up and checks for traps finding none. Florence fortune's Nidhi to deal with the upcoming challenge. Stelle moves to Benedictus and helps to protect the party. Zilchus also moves to Benedictus and (interesting use of ready - nice) attacks red as you land. Benedictus finishes his summons, creating 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 celestial Hound Archons on the north wall. He commands them in Celestial to attack the archers as he draws a scroll of Dimension Door and reads it - transporting Annubis, Stelle, and Zilchus to the southern balcony. Ptolomy remains behind, flying to the door and shooting his wand at red as well. ”Ptew! Ptew!” damage: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 4, 3, 1) + 4 = 13

Benedictus is focused as a summoner, but I do not fully understand the build. I know he summons an extra, and that they’re more powerful in a variety of subtle and not-so-subtle ways. For my own sanity however, I’m not going to track it all down - I’m just slapping the advanced template on ‘em and calling it a day for now…

red archon greatsword on blue archer: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 4 = 30 damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6) + 5 + 2 = 17
red archon greatsword on blue archer: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 4 = 18 damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5, 3) + 5 + 2 = 15
red archon bite on blue archer: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 4 = 20 damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8

blue archon greatsword on blue archer: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 4 = 30 damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 5 + 2 = 12
blue archon greatsword on blue archer: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 4 = 22 damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 5 + 2 = 15
blue archon bite on blue archer: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 4 = 26 damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

green archon greatsword on blue archer: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 2 = 14 damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2, 5) + 5 + 2 = 14
green archon greatsword on blue archer: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 = 24 damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 5 + 2 = 13
green archon bite on blue archer: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19 damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12

brown archon greatsword on blue archer: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 2 = 22 damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5, 1) + 5 + 2 = 13
brown archon greatsword on blue archer: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 16 damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 5 + 2 = 12
brown archon bite on blue archer: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13 damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14

The archers spin and turn, using fist, knee, and foot to try and harm the party and the new summons…
blue archer on blue archon: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 2 = 23 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 and DC 15 Fort or be stunned one round
blue archer on blue archon: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 2 = 33 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
blue archer on blue archon: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 = 18 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
blue archer on blue archon: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 = 26 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

pink archer on blue archon: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 2 = 28 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 and DC 15 Fort or be stunned one round
pink archer on blue archon: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 2 = 28 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
pink archer on blue archon: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 = 12 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
pink archer on blue archon: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 = 17 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

The blue archon needs make no Fort save as the damage didn't breach his DR for the stunning attack.

red archer on Benedictus: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 and DC 15 Fort or be stunned one round
red archer on Benedictus: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
red archer on Benedictus: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
red archer on Benedictus: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Benedictus Fort: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14 vs DC 15 or be stunned… Stunned!

purple archer on Stelle: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 and DC 15 Fort or be stunned one round
purple archer on Stelle: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
purple archer on Stelle: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
purple archer on Stelle: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

The purple cultists shouts, Get up here and open the damn doors - they're right on top of us!"

Those on the south platform see stairs going down, and see a girtablilu facing the door, though he looks up at the group when they appear. He gestures and says something quietly, and in girtablilu, to a companion nearby but out of sight.

- Round 4 -
Nidhi - 18-
Florence - 13
Stelle - 9 (-7hp)
- Round 5 -
Zilchus - 26 (-5hp)
Benedictus - 25 (-36hp, stunned 1r)
Blue archon - 25 (-13hp)
Archers - 18+
Blue - 18+ (-81hp)
Purple - 18+ (-12hp)
Red - 18+ (-53hp)

Everyone is up!


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle's eyes bug out a little as she's dimension doored on the back of Anubis.

"Look Annie, we're moving while not moving!"

Once positioned on the platform, she hits red while Anubis attacks purple.

Lance: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31 +Bless, -PA, +Courage
for Damage: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18 +PA, +Courage, +Hope

Lance: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 -PA, +Courage, +Bless
for Damage: 1d6 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21 +PA, +Courage, +Hope

Lance: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 -PA, +Courage, +Bless
for Damage: 1d6 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17 +PA, +Courage, +Hope

Bite: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27 -PA, +Courage, +Bless
for Damage: 1d6 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19 +PA, +Courage, +Hope


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15

Moving-not-moving makes me queasy. Man, I really need to shake out my fur!


Round 5, Init 26

"Hey, I'm right here. He won't kill you...I will!" Zilchus slashes twice at red.

1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 2 + 2 = 27 to hit; (+bard,+hope)
2d4 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 13 + 2 = 18 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard)

1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 29 to hit; (+bard,+hope)
2d4 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 13 + 2 = 21 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+14+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+7+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 85/90
AC: 26/23 (7 armor+1, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +3 buckler +2 ring)

DF:0/10
Weap: 0/10 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting/Summoning: 1/8 used (+5)
Quick Prayer: 1/8 used
PoP1: 1/1 used
Armor: 0/10 minutes used
Crocodilic Aura: 0/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 4, Initiative 13

Not really able to do much else until the doors open up, Florence tries taking aim at one of the archers with her crossbow...

Attack vs. Blue (Light Crossbow; Good Hope, IC): 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7

...and then giggles a little at the absurdness of the situations they keep finding themselves in.
____________

Standard to shoot, move action to Cackle and keep Nidhi's Fortune going~


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi moves up to the door… and disappears! Florence misses with her crossbow, but continues to aid Nidhi. Stelle skewers red, while Annie bites purple. It takes both swings for Zilchus to finally drag down red - who drops bleeding to the ground - a ticking time bomb of blindness and fire when he dies. Benedictus is stunned, but his minions fight on. Ptolomy fires his wand again at purple. damage: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4, 4, 3) + 4 = 19

red archon greatsword on blue archer: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 2 = 30 damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 5 + 2 = 10
red archon greatsword on blue archer: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17 damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1, 6) + 5 + 2 = 14
red archon bite on blue archer: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12 damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14

green archon greatsword on blue archer: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 = 21 damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 5 + 2 = 11
drops blue with his first stroke and looks around. He draws an AoO to get behind the next target.

pink archer on green archon: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Though hit, it does not bypass his DR and he slides smoothly into position.

blue archon greatsword on blue archer: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 4 = 18 damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5, 3) + 5 + 2 = 15
blue archon greatsword on blue archer: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 4 = 14 damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 5 + 2 = 16
blue archon bite on blue archer: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 4 = 14 damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10

brown archon greatsword on pink archer: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 2 = 17 damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3, 5) + 5 + 2 = 15
brown archon greatsword on pink archer: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11 damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6) + 5 + 2 = 17
brown archon bite on pink archer: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16 damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8

Unfortunately the other two archon can't land a single blow, despite flank for one.

The archers do their best in the fight, trying to keep you off balance.
pink archer on blue archon: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 and DC 15 Fort or be stunned one round
pink archer on blue archon: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
pink archer on blue archon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
pink archer on blue archon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

The blue archon is hit, and it pierces DR. Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 and he is stunned.

purple archer on Stelle: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 and DC 15 Fort or be stunned one round
purple archer on Stelle: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
purple archer on Stelle: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
purple archer on Stelle: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Stelle is missed.

- Round 5 -
Nidhi - 18-
Florence - 13
Stelle - 9 (-7hp)
- Round 6 -
Zilchus - 26 (-5hp)
Benedictus - 25 (-36hp)
Blue archon - 25 (-20hp, stunned 1r)
Archers - 18+
Blue - 18+ (-103hp, bleeding) 1d20 ⇒ 3
Purple - 18+ (-50hp)
Red - 18+ (-112hp, bleeding) 1d20 ⇒ 8

Everyone is up!


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle maneuvers Anubis in front of purple and bashes him repeatedly with her shield, also hoping to shield her eyes should he decide to spontaneously combust.

"Do you treat all jockeys this way?" Stelle asks purple rhetorically.

Shield: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 35 +Bless, -PA, +Courage
for Damage: 1d3 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 +PA, +Courage, +Hope

Shield: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35 +Bless, -PA, +Courage
for Damage: 1d3 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 +PA, +Courage, +Hope

Shield: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 +Bless, -PA, +Courage
for Damage: 1d3 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 +PA, +Courage, +Hope

Anubis
Bite: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31-PA, +Courage, +Bless
for Damage: 1d6 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20 +PA, +Courage, +Hope


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle beats down purple with her shield and Annubis finishes him off as he drops to the ground bleeding. Every swing a hit...


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 5, Initiative 13

Yeah okay, that's enough of this.

With it sounding like the others have the archers under control and Nidhi presumably under cover to try and work with the door without getting shot at, Florence moves towards the door as well - still giggling as she goes.
____________

Move to keep 'cackling' and a move to her current map position.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

"Hey Zilchus!" Stelle calls out, "this one hasn't exploded yet, in case you wanted to ask him something."


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 5:

Nidhi stops singing (because she's being sneaky) but the effects of her song seem to linger. Round 1/2

Nidhi, feeling quite sneaky, pulls out her Luminous Lockpicks and gets to work on the locked doors. She uses the cover of her cloak to try and hide the glow of the picks.

Disable Device (+tool, +good hope): 1d20 + 18 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 18 + 5 + 2 = 39 No need for fortune use?

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: (everyone) +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls


Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
"Hey Zilchus! This one hasn't exploded yet, in case you wanted to ask him something."

Zilchus shakes his head, knowing that these kind can explode at will.

"Yeah, that may not work. Just kill them unless they surrender," Zilchus replies, looking at his current foe (red).

"Hey, do you want to surrender? We won't kill you...but if you keep fighting, you're going to die."


Round 4, Init 7

Zilchus moves up, but stops when he sees the big foes in front of him. Woah. He readies to strike at one of them (w/lunge) as needed if they come close.

1d20 + 14 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 14 + 2 + 3 = 34 to hit; (+bard,+hope)
2d4 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2) + 13 + 3 = 20 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard)

Pot crit:
1d20 + 14 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 2 + 3 = 28 to hit; (+bard,+hope)
2d4 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 13 + 3 = 23 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+14+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+7+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 85/90
AC: 26/23 (7 armor+1, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +3 buckler +2 ring)

DF:0/10
Weap: 0/10 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting/Summoning: 1/8 used (+5)
Quick Prayer: 1/8 used
PoP1: 1/1 used
Armor: 0/10 minutes used
Crocodilic Aura: 0/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi picks the lock expertly just as she senses someone on the other side unbolt the door at the same time! Florence moves up and giggles as she hears the door unlock. Stelle beats down purple with her shield and Annubis finishes him off as he drops to the ground bleeding. Zilchus moves up and readies an attack. Benedictus, no longer stunned, takes great gouts of fearful breaths. He cries out, ”What am I doing here?” before picking up his crossbow and following Zilchus.

The red archon moves up on blue and attacks!
red archon greatsword on blue archer: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 2 = 24 damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6, 3) + 5 + 2 = 16

green archon greatsword on pink archer: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 4 = 33 damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6, 2) + 5 + 2 = 15
green archon greatsword on pink archer: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 4 = 16 damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 5 + 2 = 10
green archon bite on pink archer: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 = 13 damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10

blue archon greatsword on pink archer: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 4 = 22 damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3, 5) + 5 + 2 = 15
blue archon greatsword on pink archer: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 4 = 25 damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6, 4) + 5 + 2 = 17
blue archon bite on pink archer: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 = 11 damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

brown archon greatsword on pink archer: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 2 = 16 damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3, 6) + 5 + 2 = 16
brown archon greatsword on pink archer: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18 damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2, 6) + 5 + 2 = 15
brown archon bite on pink archer: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19 damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7

The last remaining archer, faced with such a force, explodes!
red archon fort: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 = 25 vs DC 18 or blinded
green archon fort: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20 vs DC 18 or blinded
blue archon fort: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19 vs DC 18 or blinded
brown archon fort: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 = 27 vs DC 18 or blinded

red archon reflex: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13 vs DC 18 half of damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
green archon reflex: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27 vs DC 18 half of damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
blue archon reflex: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20 vs DC 18 half of damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
brown archon reflex: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9 vs DC 18 half of damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Meanwhile, the red cultist also expires and explodes! Benedictus, Stelle, and Annubis need to make DC 18 fort saves or be blinded one round. Stelle and Annubis both need to make a DC 18 reflex to take half of damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 as writhing snakes of fire lash out.
Benedictus Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 vs DC 18 or blinded 1r

Zilchus sees her, even as her girtablilu opens the door before backing up, revealing her to the Florence and Nidhi as well. You see Rubila (image), the other girtablilu leader. She speaks to Zilchus, ”I do not know how you got past my brother, Orchamus, but you will get no further!!”

She stands with her troops, ready for your attack, but does not immediately advance being somewhat cautious.

- Round 6 -
Nidhi - 18-
Florence - 13
Stelle - 9 (-7hp )
- Round 7 -
Zilchus - 26 (-5hp)
Benedictus - 25 (-36hp)
Red archon - 25 (-13hp)
Green archon - 25 (-7hp)
Blue archon - 25 (-26hp)
Brown archon - 25 (-12hp)
Archers - 18+
Blue - 18+ (-104hp, bleeding) 1d20 ⇒ 7
Purple - 18+ (-112hp, bleeding) 1d20 ⇒ 2
Red - 18+ (dead)
Pink - 18+ (dead)

Everyone is up!


Zilchus also pauses in his efforts.

"Your brother lives. He sent us in here when we were attacked by the masked ones. We have no quarrel with you or your brother. He made his peace with us and we would do the same with you," Zilchus replies to Rubila.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 5:

Nidhi steps back 30 feet and then drops her invisibility. I'll have Roll20 access in three or four hours. "Orchamus? He sent us here to talk to you! We found one of your perished scouts in the desert and returned the emblem for proper burial."

Diplomacy (+good hope): 1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 20 + 2 = 34 Can I use Fortune Hex or only in that round? For future reference

Round 2/2 of lingering performance feat

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: (everyone) +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

FortDC18vsBlindStelle: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31+Hope, +Hero
FortDC18vsBlindAnubis: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24+Hope, +Hero
FortDC18forhalfStelle: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18 (-7),+Hope, +Hero
FortDC18forhalfAnubis: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15 (-13),+Hope, +Hero

Stelle joins the party after dusting off herself and Anubis. She approaches the base of the stair and nods. "It's true," she says, glancing at Nidhi. "We bear for you a token (link) given to us by your brother Orchamus."

Auto success on the Diplomacy Aid, +4 to Nidhi's roll.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 6

A flash of anger crosses her face, ”My brother, l-let you pass?! I’ll kill him!” She takes a breath and seems ready to command her troops to attack when Stelle holds up the necklace.

”He’d never have given you that…” she looks at Nidhi closely, ”Unless the scout you found was…” She looks hard at the floor a moment, before leveling her gaze evenly at the party. ”The boy you found. What did he have? Did he have an armband like this one?” and she shows you her right arm - where she does indeed have an armband very similar to the one you found - but with more semi-precious stones.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

"Yes. It seems like he wandered out too far and died. We're sorry to have to bring you this news."


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"As best as we could tell, he crossed paths with a baykok," Florence adds, lowering her crossbow. "I...it seems like he was someone important to you. I'm sorry..."

Diplomacy (Aid): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

And though her words are sincere, Florence can't help but utter another small, hiccupy giggling sound - and immediately looks horrified at having done so.
____________

*facepalm*


1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17 Diplomacy to aid

Zilchus keeps his defensive posture, trying to nod vigorously and honorably with what is being said.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle glances at Florence curiously, wondering if she has started tapping into Zilchus' applejack stash.

Rubila wrote:
”The boy you found. What did he have? Did he have an armband like this one?”

Anubis whimpers and backs up into a sitting position, much to Stelle's annoyance. She commands him to stand again, covering her mouth as he does so to conceal her dismay upon the sudden realization that Dakuri must have been dear to Rubila.

"He did... I - We're so very sorry..." ... 'Boy'? Was it her son? "As we have said, Dakuri crossed paths with a baykok, but ... it was clear when we came across the two of them that Dakuri had been deceased for days (link) at least. We do not know how he met his end, however. We can take you to him, if that is something you desire."

Everyone's into forensics, right? Especially Girtabloobloo.

Actually, I have no idea how long it takes for a body in the desert to become "sunbaked", "parched and withered", but I'm guessing at least a day or two maybe?


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 4

Yeah, a day or two is possible. Though if it was killed by the undead, it could have unnaturally shriveled as well. Your statement is the most likely however, so I’ll let it stand.

She lowers her head, ”Yes. He wandered too far… No. No. I do not need to see his body. The desert will take care of all that needs be done.” she seems to snap back to the present, but pauses thinking a moment. Her troops are alert but relaxed - neither eager for battle, nor shall they avoid it if ordered. Well trained these creatures are. Very orderly.

Rubila speaks again, ”I would not kill those who brought me news of my clan and kin and who made such offers. It seems my brother has been right all along. These are not creatures worth serving.” she glances deeper in the structure, ”They do not abide the law of the desert.”

”I will tell you nothing of what lies within, but I will cease my contract - as apparently my brother has done before me. You will wait here 10 minutes, and then you may do as you please. If you’ll excuse me, I have some things to attend to.”

With that she begins to leave (you may stop her with questions and comments if you like) though her soldiers remain behind.

Several minutes go by, and you begin to wonder what’s going on when Rubila returns, leading a column of her troops. They file out while she remains in the chamber. ”May the luck of Bes* guide your steps.”

She departs the crypt, and they crypt goes quiet a moment. What do you do?

Knowledge Religion DC 15*:

As the guardian of marriage and a protector of households, Bes had a wide appeal through all levels of Osirian society, and most houses, rich or poor, had a statue or carving of Bes to watch over the family and household. An amiable and inclusive deity, Bes encompasses all types of families under his protection, and is both a god of childbirth and a defender of children. He is the guardian of sleep, protecting against evil spirits and all manner of dangerous beasts, from scorpions and snakes to lions and crocodiles.

Bes appears as an ugly, bandy-legged dwarf, with a large head, big eyes, a full beard, and an open mouth with a comically protruding tongue. He wears a headdress of ostrich feathers and a lion skin cloak. In contrast to the other gods of Ancient Osirion, who were usually shown in profile, Bes was always depicted facing forward. Bes is friendly with most of the other Ancient Osirian gods, but always keeps a watchful eye out for Apep and Set and their servants.

Bes has few temples and ordained priests, but his joviality makes him popular among bards, professional performers, and serving boys and girls, who also view him as a patron of music, dance, and sexual pleasure, and such worshipers frequently wear small tattoos of Bes for protection and luck. Pregnant women and new mothers also pray to him to watch over their children. Though Bes has few proper temples, simple shrines to the Guardian Fool can be found in many Osirian cities, particularly in entertainment districts.
- - -


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Knowledge (Religion) (+good hope): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 = 14

Nidhi touches the mound which is - in actuality - the mask, hidden under her traveling cloak and secured by the silk waist scarf. She keeps a neutral face and nods. Perhaps if she'd understood who Bes is (and stands for) Nidhi would have responded with shock.

Instead, Nidhi's thoughts are, so that's who they worship. Bes sounds like a woman's name. Nidhi begins to speculate in the ten minutes that the party waits. Laws of the desert. The desert will take care of his body. Cultists wanting the mask for necromancy... Nidhi decides the Girtabloobloo (lol) are not evil. So they were just mercenaries.

Before she leaves, Nidhi asks Rubila: "Have you seen a little girl? She's been stolen away from her hive and we just want to see her returned safe."


1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17 Know (Religion)

Zilchus' face tenses only for a moment or two at the mention of Bes' name. He is not happy to be 'blessed' by such a weak and fruitless god, a god that is nothing compared to the rage of the rivers. However, he realizes now is not the time to correct the giant scorpi-people of their idiocy and decides to look at the ground instead.

Zilchus nods and lowers his guard only a bit as the girt-n-skirts leave peacefully. He is delighted to wait patiently for a time, honoring the deal and escaping without additional bloodshed: mostly his own.

Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
"Have you seen a little girl? She's been stolen away from her hive..."

A little girl away from her hive? Did you mean...a BAY-BEE?!

Zilchus starting laughing out loud, turning away from everyone and giggling his ass off.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Kn. Religion (DC 15): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Huh. I guess family is really important to them.

Before Rubila departs the crypt - presumably for good - Florence nods solemnly. "Thank you...and may she guide yours, too."

Once they're alone once more, Florence sees to everyone's wounds...giving Zilchus a strange look as she does. "Uh...what's so funny?"

Healing:

Stelle (CLW): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Zilchus (CLW): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Ben (CLW): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Ben (CLW): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Ben (CLW): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Ben (CLW): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Ben (CLW): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Ben (CLW): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Ben (CLW): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Ben (CLW): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Ben (CLW): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

After wounds are mended, Florence then moves to peek into the corridor leading away to the west. Before she does however, she does pause long enough to give Ben's hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Don't worry, no one's going anywhere if I have anything to say about it," she whispers.
____________

Everyone (including Ben) back to full; current healing wand down to (18 charges).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Zlichus wrote:
Zilchus starts laughing out loud, turns away from everyone and giggles his ass off.

Oh, good grief! This isn't appropriate under the circumstances! Is he drunk? How did that happen?!

Lance in one hand, shield in the other, Stelle is forced to check a facepalm. Instead, she has Anubis gently hip check Zilchus -- not so much as to send him flying, but a little more than just a nudge.

"Oh, what's gotten into you?! Why are you beeing like this?! Are you having another one of your fits?! Just get a hold of yourself! Try and bee a gentleman!"

No pun intended on Stelle's part. I only imagine this is what Zilchus ends up hearing.

Stelle has Anubis curtsy as the Girtabloobloo take their leave. She then joins her companions in seeing what is down the corridor.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
Before she leaves, Nidhi asks Rubila: "Have you seen a little girl? She's been stolen away from her hive and we just want to see her returned safe."

"A little girl? Out here? No, I've not seen anyone like that."

Benedictus accepts the healing gratefully, but a cloud passes over his brow as he examines his wounds. ”This is truly dangerous work.” he mumbles as he presses on.

Florence peeks into the hallway and sees it goes to the east and west with doors directly to the north. Rubila went down the western hallway and returned the same way with her troops.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"More doors right out this way," Florence reports, stepping back into the room. "And the hallway goes further east and west, too."

She then heads back over to the southern door and carefully presses her ear to it, listening.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Please move your characters on the map, so I know where everyone is. Thanks!

Florence, do you mean the western door around the corner? Remember North is to the left of the map weirdly.


Per their agreements, Zilchus is not moving for 10 minutes. If he sees others doing so, he will offer a harsh glare and words of ‘getthef+$%backinhere’ until the time is up.

Zilchus is where he is on the map.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Sorry, mobile posting at the moment and can't move my token. I meant the southern door from the room everyone has been standing in; looking at the map the compass rose shows that direction as south?


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi follows Florence over to the closest set of doors and attempts to open them. See map. If they are locked, Nidhi will take out her thieves tools.

Disable Device (+good hope, +tools): 1d20 + 18 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 18 + 2 + 5 = 40


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

I kinda figured the ten minutes had passed in between the time Rubila left to terminate the contract the girtobloobloo had with their evil overlords, gather her troops and return here just to leave us here.

If not, Stelle waits ten minutes, then joins in on the corridor snooping as above.

"Thank you, may you fare well in the future. Please look out for the magic glyph-trap we placed for the Cultists on your way out," she says to Rubila as she departs.

~~~
Stelle remains momentarily at the northern door listening.

Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31 +Good Hope, +Hero

5,201 to 5,250 of 8,073 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.