GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


5,151 to 5,200 of 8,262 << first < prev | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | next > last >>

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus crits, and misses, though is hit is substantial. Stelle hits once (Heroism is still going) and also manages decent damage between her two hits. Florence only tweaks orange as he makes his save, though it was closer then expected. Nidhi misses, shooting through cover, though she comes close. Benedictus fires his crossbow at orange and reloads, still waiting to see if these two are a real threat. He connects!
crossbow on orange: 1d20 + 8 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 0 = 22 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The cultists look displeased, or would could you see through their masks. As it is, their passionless visages stare at you as they do what they can to survive. Orange presses Zilchus, while green attacks Stelle. They both shift around the statue, trying to find advantageous positions.

unarmed strike on Zilchis: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 and Fort DC 15 or be stunned one round.
unarmed strike on Zilchis: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
unarmed strike on Zilchis: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
unarmed strike on Zilchis: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

unarmed strike on Stelle: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 and Fort DC 15 or be stunned one round.
unarmed strike on Stelle: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
unarmed strike on Stelle: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
unarmed strike on Stelle: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

- Round 2 -
Zilchus - 21 (-21hp, fort save)
Stelle - 18
Florence - 11+
Nidhi - 11-
- Round 3 -
Benedictus - 33
Green - 23 (-40hp)
Orange - 23 (-11hp, -49NL)

The party is up!


Zilchus grunts as he is struck twice.

1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 = 16 Fort vs. DC15

He plans how to take down this fist and foot flailing jerk.


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 2, Initiative 11

Not looking particularly impressed with the two masked guards despite Orange's resistance, Florence once more directs a silent blast at her target.

Ear-Piercing Scream: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8
____________

Charges remaining (44).


Has it been +/- 10 minutes since our almost fight with the ScorpGiants?

Round 2, Init 21

Zilchus takes a few hits and upgrades his estimation of the skill of the guard. After all, the pair of them rushed to defend their cult against 5 armed invaders without a thought or worry.

Zilchus swings back, this time for blood, figuring his first blow would suffice to knock him out.

1d20 + 14 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 2 + 5 = 23 to hit; (+hero, +bard, +grunt)
2d4 + 13 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 13 + 2 + 2 = 20 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 5 = 20 to hit; (+hero, +bard, +grunt)
2d4 + 13 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1) + 13 + 2 + 2 = 22 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+14+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+7+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 69/90
AC: 26/23 + 3 SoF (7 armor+1, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +3 buckler +2 ring)

DF:0/10
Weap: 0/10 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/8 used (+5)
Quick Prayer: 1/8 used
PoP1: 1/1 used
Armor: 0/10 minutes used
Crocodilic Aura: 0/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Fort: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 Orange fails to resist Florence!

Yes, it's been right around 10 minutes or so. I suspect a little shy of 10 minutes, so spells that expire then are still going for this fight, but not likely for the next one - depending on how quickly that occurs. :)


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 2:

Nidhi continues to sing as she lines up another shot (see map.) This time, she moves up and aims at the green enemy

To hit: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 2 = 25

Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 13

Inspire Courage: +2 (level 6) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: (everyone) +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Annie tries for a snack.

Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 -PA, +Courage
for Damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 +PA, +Courage, +Hope

ConfirmCrit?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 -PA, +Courage
for Damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 +PA, +Courage, +Hope

"Drop it," Stelle commands Anubis, referring to Green's dismembered limb.

She repositions and attacks again.

Lance: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31 +Hero, -PA, +Courage
for Damage: 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21 +PA, Courage, Hope

Lance: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 +Hero, -PA, +Courage
for Damage: 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22 +PA, Courage, Hope

Lance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 +Hero, -PA, +Courage
for Damage: 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21 +PA, Courage, Hope


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15

Blech! Annie spits out the limb.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus slashes the cultist, drawing blood. Stelle’s Annubis very nearly does rip the mans arm off, but he persists - even through Stelle’s followup attack. Florence dazes orange, even as she piles on the damage. Nidhi steps to the door and lines up a shot, nailing green and dropping him hard. Benedictus seeing they are on their last legs, fires his crossbow at orange through cover, but misses.

crossbow on orange: 1d20 + 8 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 0 = 16 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The green cultist on Stelle explodes in a blinding light after Nidhi’s hit, effecting Stelle and Annubis (DC 18 Fort or be blinded 1r). In a new twist, fiery snakes leap out of the conflagration, and attempt to lash out, but they only have 5’ reach, and so no one is effected.

Orange steps up to Florence with a strange grin on his face shouting, ”You shall not capture me for torture and worse!” he too explodes in a fiery cataclysm, dying in the process and potentially blinding Florence and Zilchus as well as damaging both… Fire damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 DC 18 Reflex for half.

- Round 3 -
Zilchus - 21 (-21hp, Fort save, Reflex save)
Stelle - 18 (Fort save)
Annubis - 18 (Fort save)
Florence - 11+ (Fort save, Reflex save)
Nidhi - 11-
- Round 4 -
Benedictus - 33
Green - 23 (dead)
Orange - 23 (dead)

We are out of initiative.

The room grows quiet.


1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21 Reflex

Zilchus heroically turns his face away from the exploding jerk, a look of disappointment on his face.

"Damnit! Didn't you hear!? I wanted you alive!" Zilchus grunts in frustration at the ashes of the man. "Would it have been so hard to try to live for a bit longer?"

Zilchus shakes his head, still peeved. He licks his wounds.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 CLW from wand
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 CLW from wand
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 CLW from wand
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 CLW from wand
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 CLW from wand
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 CLW from wand 6 charges.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

StelleFortDC18: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
AnnieFortDC18: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Stelle looks around, and in a hushed voice asks, "Is everyone O.K.?" She moves to one side of the door and listens.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Either the door is very thick, or there is no one in the next chamber - Stelle hears nothing through the door. It does seem a rather heavy door - made of the same type of stone as the outer door.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

"O.K.," Stelle says quietly, leaning her Lance up against the wall. "I don't hear anything, and this door seems quite heavy. If there are no objections, we could set watches and rest here for awhile."


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Reflex (DC 18; Drawback): 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 1 = 13
Fort (DC 18): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Florence shrieks and shields her eyes as she's seared by the fiery explosion. She quickly falls back a few paces, shaking.

"Don't know why they...why do they explode, that's not right..." she mumbles, still shaking as she wipes at her face. Once Zilchus finishes making use of one of the healing wands, Florence follows suit to mend her own burns.

CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

"If we're going to rest then yeah, the entryway seems as good a place as any," she adds. "After that I could use a little bit of a breather anyway..."

Florence glances over her shoulder at the open door they'd passed through. "Let's close that behind us, just in case." And proceeds to do so.
____________

8 charges marked off the currently in-use CLW wand, bringing it to (29) charges remaining.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 11

Watch Rotations - please read and comment:

I have your watch rotations (thanks Zilchus) as:

First:8pm to 12pm: Ben & Stingy
Second:12pm to 4am: Cahal, Florence & Bynx
Third:4am to 8am: Zilchus & Nidhi

For now, I’ll assume you slot in Stelle and Anubis for Cahal, but you might want to change that up. Please let me know.
- - -

The party leaves the bodies where they lie, and makes camp around them, trusting that the grass-reed mats hide nothing. :)

About a couple hours into your rest, Benedictus is alarmed by the interior doors opening! A solitary cultist pokes his head in to check on the two guards stationed here. Instead he finds the party camped around their dead bodies, blood still pooled and cooling on the flagstone floor. He wields a long spear and breastplate.

- Round Surprise -
Benedictus - 17
Good Folks - 16
- Round 1 -
Benedictus - 17
Good Folks - 16+
Zilchus - 16-
Florence - 14
Nidhi - 11
Stelle - 4

Initiative Rolls:

Benedictus 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17 (acts in surprise round)
Florence 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Stelle 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Zilchus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Good Folk 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

First up - Benedictus in the surprise round!


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus:
On your character sheet, you have bluff listed as an Int based skill. It’s a cha based one I think. Also, please remember to list the Phantom Chariot spell in your spell book and among your spells cast for the day. Thanks.
- - -

Benedictus tries to stall for time, speaking loudly and clearly to the cultist who just walked in. ”Good sir, the girtablilu just sent us here, to meet with their other clanmate, Rubila. We came upon your dead here, and, er, uh, were exhausted you see. From crossing the desert. So we decided to rest, for fear there were more dead inside. We did not know you were alive. Oh, that’s wonderful!”

”Please, let us pass so that we may carry our message.”
bluff: 1d20 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) - 1 + 2 = 21 (circumstance bonus for a good story if I do say so myself...)

(Perception check, DC 10 to wake up, which some of you automatically make.)

The cultist tilts his head a bit as if trying to parse what was said. It seemed to make sense, yet…
sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

… He buys it, and hesitates, essentially delaying until after the party. He shakes his head though and says, "Wait a minute. If you're carrying a message for the girtablilu, why aren't any of them with you? And why didn't you tell them of the dead here?"

He begins to see through the rather thin story.

We are still very much in rounds, and if you wish to continue the blather, please make diplomacy/bluff checks as needed. The sweat beading on Benedictus’ forehead from his attempt shows you how far he’s stretched to buy this much time. Also remember you're just waking up, so you need to stand to do anything useful (move action) and you're probably not wearing medium or heavy armor (to avoid fatigue).

- Round 1 -
Zilchus - 16-
Florence - 14
Nidhi - 11
Stelle - 4
- Round 2 -
Benedictus - 17
Good Folks - 16+

Next up - everyone. Single round actions please.


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15

PerceptDC10: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Anubis rises. Lowering his head slightly while fixing his gaze on the intruder he growls threateningly.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Blinking the sleep out of her eyes, Stelle stands and starts securing a sheet over her body, thankful that for once she does not have to wake her dog.

"Quiet, Anubis."

She clears her throat gently. "Having just heard word that one of their own was murdered in the desert, the Girtabilu thought most prudent to scour the nearby area outside this fortress in an effort to find the perpetrator. We looked a bit for the Girtabilu, but we could not find them. Tired, we came back thinking it best to rest here and await their return," she explains. "Or -- as it has turned out -- your arrival." She says, gesturing to the lone cultist.

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

When Anubis snorts and growls again, Stelle pats him on the side. "There, there -- leave it," she says quietly.

Anubis! You old dog! You always know what I'm thinking. Let's hope they don't catch our bluff!


Autocheck the perception to awake.

Always a light sleeper, Zilchus awakes and rises.


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 1, Initiative 14

Perception (DC 10): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Florence's eyes flutter open and she peers out of the bedroll she's cocooned herself in, blinking peevishly.

"What's with all the talking?" she grumbles. Then she spots the newly-arrived cultists and her eyes widen; she hurriedly untangles herself and climbs to her feet.

Right. They probably had a guard rotation. Oops.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

GM:
As for Bluff, that's due to my Student of Philosophy trait, which allows me to apply my Intellingence bonus instead of my Charisma bonus on Bluff checks to convince others that a lie is true. As for the spells, the list on my profile is only indicative. I am so busy of late that I cannot even find the time to level up Ben!

Ben nods to Stelle's story, and tries to calmly explain the presence of the dead bodies around the party. "Yes, and the bodies, hum, we found them here. It was a mystery for us too, but all we wanted was to rest. You can come give them a look if you want."

Bluff (aid Stelle): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 3

Benedictus:
Cool trait - totally missed it. Level up when you can, thanks. :)

”All the same, I think I’d better raise the alarm. After all, two of us are dead.” he thinks a moment, and comes to a decision, ”You wait here and guard the entrance. I’ll be right back with orders.”

He nods, and takes a single move back the way he came, leaving the door open behind him. You see the next chamber over his shoulder…

The upper walls of this room are open to a larger chamber that surrounds it, leaving a large gap between the top of the walls and the ceiling of the larger chamber of about five feet. So imagine you’re in a small room inside a larger room. You share the floor and the ceiling and the east wall, but the larger room is larger in the other directions. The ceiling is 20’ tall, but the walls of the room you’re in only go up 15’.

The outer room is well lit both from directly above and from somewhere to the west proving enough general light for this chamber as well. On either side of the room, a graven eye stares at its twin on the opposite wall. A carved image of a ferociously snarling six-legged sphinx with dragon wings decorates the door at the far end of the room, carved so realistically it seems ready to leap off the door at any moment.

The cultist bows reverently at the images as he passes and walks up to the far, closed, door. He has his back, trustingly, to the party.

- Round 2 -
Zilchus - 16-
Florence - 14
Nidhi - 11
Stelle - 4
- Round 3 -
Benedictus - 17
Good Folks - 16+

Next up - everyone! Stay in rounds please, unless you're planning to let him go.


Round 2

Zilchus shrugs and begins to hastily don his armor.

"Hey Flo," says the be-loinclothed Zilchus, "...can you give me a hand with this? It might go faster."


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Wow, he could have asked Nidhi! Hasn't he been carrying a torch parasol for her this whole time? He's missed a chance!

Stelle shrugs. "Well, we can't be expected guard unless we suit up..."

Stelle also begins to speed-dress and harness up Anubis.

"Nidhi, would you help me, please?"


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 2, Initiative 14

Florence still isn't entirely certain of what just happened but she does know that if Zilchus is covering the loincloth then things are probably about to get dangerous.

"Uh, right, right..." she says as she moves to assist her friend in getting into his armor. Except learning to help someone don their armor in a hurry has always been pretty low on her priority list so she finds herself guessing a bit for the straps that don't have an obvious place to go.

"It's...you tighten it this way, right?"


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"Dammit!" Ben curses under his breath as the cultist manifests his intention to go fetch more guards.

We have not technically rested yet, right? This of course impacts my spell availability for this encounter.

If we have rested
Ben casts invisibility on himself and stealthily follows the cultist.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 + 40 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 40 = 45

If we have not rested
Ben cannot cast invisibility, so he decides to move to the entrance to the room the party is currently in and scribe one potent rune on the floor, activating his scroll of symbol of pain in the process. He will exclude all the party from the effects of the spell, and set "step on the rune" as its trigger.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Florence Corvina wrote:
"It's...you tighten it this way, right?"

Zilchus jumps as if goosed...possibly because he was.

”Ow! Stop! What? There’s not a place for that hook down there!” Zilchus rubs down there. ”There is not an *in* slot down there! That’s exit only!” Zilchus tries to ignore that event and put his armor on...but now with more and clearer instructions to Flo.

”Yes, that strap there, turn it counterclockwise, no the other counterclockwise...yes, that’s good...now that cup, it goes...uhm...let me do that part...my shoulder piece...if you would...”


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party has not rested yet Benedictus. The watchman poked his head in two hours after rest began - during your first watch.

The party takes a few short minutes to suit up, and silence continues to greet them from within. Occasionally you thinki you might hear something from within the larger room to the west over the walls, but you're not sure. Could just be the mind playing tricks...

What do you do? Do you press on or wait longer? If so, how long do you wait?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Sorry. My other class ends on the 4th. I'm almost done.

Round 1:

Nidhi rises groggily and somewhat cranky. Her single, thick braid has hair poking out and what would be her bangs are shiny with dried sweat from wearing the mask. What's going on?

Round 2:

After recently risen herself, she shrugs and wraps her mask under her cloak where there would be a bulge if she were pregnant. (To save time.) Her waist scarf loops below and above the mound. "Of course," Nidhi is indifferent of which party member she helps, having no preference, but a slow smile creeps across her face as she appreciates the "nakedness" of her muscular allies.

Nidhi's slender fingers, adept at threading needles and arrows, operate the various straps and buckles on Stelle's armor. She tries to work quickly.

Slight of Hand (suit up Stelle): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

~*~*~*~*~*~

Can Nidhi aid Stelle's bluff?

Stelle (aid Stelle): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

In a husky, just-woke-up voice, Nidhi adds: "Friends, my traveling companions speak the truth."


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

After everyone is suited up, Stelle dons the Sleeves of many garments and activates the "Hafling Jockey" outfit.

She opens the heavy door that leads further into the compound a crack, and takes a peak inside.

PerceptDC: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

If seeing no one, and if Nidhi's aid does not alter the Cultist's decision to seek the greater guard:

Stelle turns to her companions. "This room looks as though it's an aerie for Archers... what do you say we bypass it before the alarm is activated?"

Else, what does she see?


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi's aid is successful, but does not change the watchman's actions.

Stelle thinks she hears breathing beyond the next door - in the large room. When the watchman passed through this room, he pushed open the next door without difficulty, but it could have been locked behind him - hard to know. Just making you aware.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
GM Euan wrote:
The cultist bows reverently at the images as he passes and walks up to the far, closed, door. He has his back, trustingly, to the party.

Round 3:

Nidhi follows the guide, staying 10 feet behind him and bows at the same artwork that he does. "What beautiful walls. Who do you worship?"

Perception (whatever he bowed to): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35

Omg I still need to level up Nidhi XD


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Actually, Nidhi, that would have dramatically changed what happened. You said in your last post you were suiting up Stelle, so I am going with that (it takes 4 minutes, not rounds). You did not follow the cultist just now as a result.

However, you can examine the artwork from the door. They are images of Areshkagal in various poses. Rather nicely done too, though they are very old and somewhat worn with the passage of time.

If you are studying the art, please move yourself on the map, thanks. It's been 4 minutes, and the clock is ticking. They could arrive any moment...

Knowledge Religion or Planes DC 30 for anyone studying the art:
You know that the faithful were required to kneel before this particular image of the demon lord Areshkagal, and approach the door on their hands and knees. Worshipers of Areshkagal would know this automatically.

This guy didn't quite go to his hands and knees - but did bow very deeply.
- - -

Nidhi, level up when you can. You're not the only one. :)


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Me out of game rn @ spoiler

GM Euan wrote:
They are images of Areshkagal in various poses.

Does Nidhi at least recognize the alignment of the depicted god?

Fluff: Nidhi, a neutral character (but theatrical at times), keeps an impartial expression on her face. She'd stolen bed sheets and cast charm spells on her foes. Who was she to judge a questionable choice in wall decor?

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Nope.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi, I think someone made a check at one point to know that Areshkagal is a demon lord - so chaotic evil is likely.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

@Nidhi - Florence shared some information here :)

"Geeze, sorry...I don't know anything about armor," Florence mutters as she finishes helping Zilchus. "Or at least I didn't. Now I know that there's no hooks or inserts down at the bottom, at least."

She quickly straightens back up and looks at her friends. "What now? Wait and hope we can get a few more to come to us or push our luck and try to press forward, starting with this guy?" she whispers, nodding at the other cultist that remained with them.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence, there are no living cultists in the room with you. The only living cultist came and went. The two you discovered here earlier in the evening you killed.

Stelle thinks she hears breathing in the next room, but I assume the party is speaking generally quietly and your voices won't carry that far - unless they have perceptions like some in the party. :)

So what does the party do? So far, everyone is sort of standing around. I'll move us forward in the morning pending any responses.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

"Should we get past this next room before its walls are covered in archers? Or should we try to bluff more when they come back?"

She jerks her head in the direction of the next room in an inviting manner.

"I say we should press on now, as quietly as possible avoiding the cultists or killing them otherwise."

"Shall we? Let's go find the other pieces of Chisisek, Rubila -- or the bee!"


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi nods silently at Stelle's suggestion.


Sorry, the downtime killed a lot of my time to post today. Sorry for s%&+post.

Zilchus, now fully be-armored, will follow whatever the group decides. He will walk with his weapon cord on his left wrist, his left hand on his scimitar.


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Sorry, misunderstood what I was reading earlier.

Knowing they need to decide quickly, one way or the other, Florence nods. "I'm with Stelle. If they're expecting us to still be waiting around here then they'll be off-guard when we pop up somewhere else. Let's go!"


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Yes! And if we manage to slip past them while they're on their way back to the entrance, Ben's trap therein will just blow them up!


With urging from Flo, Zilchus moves to the next door an opens it.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus moves to the door, and not being a worshipper of Areshkagal, doesn’t kneel or bow at the images.

Unfortunately, two sphinx materialize to protect the door from un-worshipful strangers wandering by… A cold-eyed falcon's head and great wings adorn the body of these otherwise leonine creatures. They roar their displeasure, and prepare to attack!

Knowledge Arcane DC 15:
You face a pair of hieracosphinx. CE Large magical beast. One question for each five you beat the roll
- - -

- Round Surprise -
Benedictus - 25
- Round 1 -
Benedictus - 25
Good Folks - 18+
Nidhi - 18-
Florence - 13
Stelle - 9
Zilchus - 7

Initiative Rolls:

Benedictus 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25 (acts in surprise round)
Florence 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Stelle 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Zilchus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Good Folk 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Benedictus is up in the surprise round, and then again in round one!


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus, GMPC, identifies the enemy…
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19

He doesn’t know much, but he suspects they’re not too tough, he’s just unfamiliar. As such, he takes out and loads his crossbow and, thanks to the surprise round action, tries a Grease spell on the far sphinx to keep it from Zilchus!

The sphinx’s leap to attack, with red starting in un the irreligious Zilchus.
Bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The other, tries to resist the grease.
Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 vs DC 18

...and falls spread eagled on the floor - which is a nice trick with four legs.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 vs DC 10 to move.

He takes a move action to stand, and tries moves out of the grease, but he fails.
Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 vs DC 18

...and again falls prone in the messy substance. He uses his second move to stand as I don't think it was used to move as he didn't move.

- Round 1 -
Nidhi - 18-
Florence - 13
Stelle - 9
Zilchus - 7 (-5hp)
- Round 2 -
Benedictus - 25
Good Folks - 18+

Everyone is up!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 1, Initiative 13

Kn. Arcana (DC 15): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32

"Ohhh...I know you wanted to meet more sphinxes Ben, but this isn't what I think any of us had in mind," Florence sighs as she recognizes the two beasts for hieracosphinxes. "Best to watch out, they can shrug off ____ but I think they might be weak to ____! Oh and their _____ ability is pretty scary too!"

Resistances, Weaknesses, and Special Attacks, please!

Florence quickly steps forward into the room and then ducks to the side, hoping to make way for Stelle and Annie, but then has a horrible thought the moment her feet carry her across the threshold.

Oh no, does it happen every time???

While she waits to see what occurs, she does call upon a minor blessing to give them a bit of an edge against the sphinxes.

Spells & Powers:

6th - True Seeing
5th - Break Enchantment, Hold Monster x2
4th - Blessing of Fervor, Confusion, Greater False Life, Ice Storm
3rd - Disable Construct, Dispel Magic, Heroism x2, Lightning Bolt
2nd - Euphoric Cloud, Glitterdust x2, Hold Person, See Invisibility
1st - Bless, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shadow Trap, Snowball, Unbreakable Heart
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize

Lesser Extend Rod (3/3)

Fortune Hex Uses:
Healing Hex Uses:


____________

Florence casts Bless. I know it won't completely stack with Inspire Courage but it'll stack enough :)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The aren't resistant to anything in particular, nor do they have any special weaknesss. They do have two special attacks though... pounce and shriek.

Shriek (Su) The shrill shriek of a hieracosphinx deafens non-sphinxes within a 60-foot-radius spread for 2d4 rounds (DC 16 Fortitude negates). Once a creature successfully saves against this effect, it is immune to the hieracosphinx's shriek for 24 hours. Using this ability is a standard action.

You also know that they are the least intelligent of the common sphinxes. Hieracosphinxes are a cowardly, cruel-hearted lot. All are male. They despise the larger and cleverer androsphinxes and criosphinxes. Toward gynosphinxes they hold a twisted mix of a lust and hate, simultaneously envying their beauty and power while craving them as mates. Hieracosphinxes attack other sphinxes whenever they have them at a disadvantage. Male sphinxes of other species they tear to shreds or drive away, whereas they prefer to leave gynosphinxes ravaged but alive. The other species of sphinx likewise hold nothing but disdain for hieracosphinxes, and typically attack these vile beasts on sight.

Florence feels a shudder as she entered the room, but two new sphinx do not appear. :)


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Round 1:

Nidhi's eyes widen in surprise. She remembers the time she was pushed down a flight of stairs by a similar beast. "Guardians?"

Tired but not exhausted on spells, Nidhi casts Good Hope and begins to sing, inspiring the party.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle scowls as the Sphinx materialize, and directs Anubis into a spirited charge.

Spirited Charge: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 15 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 39 +Hope,+Singing,+Bless,-PA
Damage: 3d6 + 18 + 6 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 5, 6) + 18 + 6 + 6 + 6 = 51 +PA, +Hope, +Courage, +Lance

Allies have:
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
(There is currently no challenge)
+2 dodge bonus to AC
+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear*
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge*

(Challenge, Order)
+2 circumstance bonus on melee attack rolls against the target of Stelle's challenge

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
*Banner

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 91
Annie: Hits: 90 + Lvl 11 hits
Stelle AC: 28
Anubis AC: 28
Buffs: +2 AC, Courage, Hope

Saves:
Fort: +9 (+1 Con, +Cloak, +Luck)
Reflex: +6 (+2 Dex, +Cloak, +Luck)
Will: +6/+10 vs. Fear (+Blood of Pharaohs, +Luck, +Cloak) (+2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 2/3

AC: 28 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1, Dodge) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: +11/+6/+1 (+2 Lance, -3 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)


Round 1, Init 7

Zilchus is slow to warm up after waking and almost rushing to get his armor on, so when the sphinxes attack he was slow to act.

Drawing his blade and moving (provoking before attacking, AC 26) to a slightly less awful spot, Zilchus swings back.
1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 14 + 2 + 2 = 29 to hit; (+bard,+hope)
2d4 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 13 + 2 = 20 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+14+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+7+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 90/90
AC: 26/23 (7 armor+1, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +3 buckler +2 ring)

DF:0/10
Weap: 0/10 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting/Summoning: 1/8 used (+5)
Quick Prayer: 1/8 used
PoP1: 1/1 used
Armor: 0/10 minutes used
Crocodilic Aura: 0/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later

5,151 to 5,200 of 8,262 << first < prev | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.