GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


5,351 to 5,400 of 8,098 << first < prev | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | next > last >>

Zilchus brings up his sword at the interloper, looking for a fight. He's already in a bad mood, and random eavesdropping bat-men is making it worse.

He doesn't ask any of his own questions yet, but waits to see how the bat-man answers others. He agrees mostly with Stelle's tone and warning.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"I....what? What?" Florence is left to ask, feeling a familiar throb at her temples. "Let me see that note," she snaps, reaching around Nidhi to snatch the piece of paper from the newcomer's hand. Eyes narrowed, she begins reading it aloud...


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The scroll does indeed bear Abdur’s stamp in the wax seal. Opening it, you see Abdur’s flowing script in a curt, but praising, introduction of Kosei Sharif-El-Sabad, Prince of Osirion and Ancient Guardian of the Sun Lion. Abdur suggests the man may be able to help, and has an interest in pinning down the problems associated with the undead uprising, among other things. He further suggests he may know something of his family, and believes he comes from good, well respected stock.

He further wishes you well, and suggests a round on him when you should return, burdened with the wealth of the Pharaohs themselves. It is signed with his distinctive signature. It would be hard to forge and you believe this is from Abdur.

A note about party wealth. I did not have Benedictus withdraw his share of the funds currently in the party kitty. My anticipation is you will share equally with your new companion, should he be worthy of it naturally. That should keep everyone more or less on an even keel if all goes well - and depending on what folks select for themselves of course.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle glances over Florence's shoulder at the scroll once or twice while it is read aloud, and lowers her lance.

"Oh, well then, that's different." she says, extending her hand. "Welcome, Kosei Sharif-El-Sadad. I am Sopdet-Ka Otterfoot." She looks away briefly abashedly -- probably no need for all that formality -- before turning back toward Kosei. "My friends call me 'Stelle'."

~
While looking over items in the party kitty, Stelle tries on the "Eyes of the Eagle".

"Oooh, I can see for miles and miles! If no one wants these goggles, I'll take them!"


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15

Annie stiffs at the newcomer, circling from 10 feet away from every direction he is able to in the hallway.

Then he blushes, wagging his tail furiously.
This paper... Abdur!!! ❤ Abdur's 'mark'*❤!!!

Finally he snorts before settling down.

He looks at Kosei, and wags his tail three times.

*Ink and whatnot.

~~

While people consider the funds and not Annie, Annie "quietly" places the Effigy of Anubis onto the pile.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Otterfoot? Or did she say OtherFoot? What the freak is an otter and what is so special about their feet? Zilch's head quirks with a random thought.

He, too, relaxes when the note mentions that Abdur sent the man. "Abdur sent you? Why didn't you say that instead of flapping in here like a bat? I almost cut your dang head off." Zilchus lowers his blade. "How is Abdur? And how did you find us?"

Zilchus waits for answers before wondering a bit more about the man's appearance.

"Did you say something about a dragon? And Ben? Or something? Could you describe that more?"


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei extends his hand crossing it with Stelle "Shall the invisible and visible stars bless you in this day we firstly met Sopdet-Ka Otterfoot, my friend Stelle" and he pats Annie scratching him behind the ears kindly "Oh yes! Kosei has been looking after you since the great fireworks you made out of the Sphinx. Oh yes, so thirsty as the sand I was but I could appreciate the fires of the Ben and you too, the discussions with the scorpion men too, so much of tension there collected and all... my trip was long through the sands of the desert, let Abdur know that when you saw him back, he is fine I guess despite he is busy with his innumerable deals..." the man keeps on explaining his trip through the vast sands of the desert while helping to check the walls and doors of the room only if requested.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi's eyes start to glaze over, oh no, he's a fancy talker. She interjects: "Our new friend, we have a tradition in this group. The newest member always enters the room first - as a sign of respect." Nidhi blinks and tries to keep a straight face. With her mask it's probably easy to do. "Please, after you." Nidhi motions to the next set of unexplored doors and gives Kosei a small bow. Abdur trusts him but I want to see what he'll do in the face of danger. She watches him with interest.

Bluff: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence scowls and hands the paper back to Kosei. "Florence Corvina," she remarks stiffly, then gestures to the small orange cat that peers out from the safely of a reinforced satchel. "And this is Bynx."

She sighs, rubbing at her temples. "Look, I'm sorry. You...didn't really catch up to us at the best time. So forgive me if I don't feel up for conversation right now. Or another man. Or woman. Or whatever else you're going to offer me."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

"The Lion feels greatly emotional you respects to its obviously higher nobility. Despite the great danger it may pose to enter first in a temple full of zealots as the sky is full of stars, Kosei Sharif-El-Sadad is greatly impressed by your manners" the man greets back Florence "No need to talk it more Florence Corvina, Kosei knows when is no time to talk more, but if you tell me your preferences Kosei can perhaps start to sort out one proper offer for when you, my friend, feel back to be loving a conversation once more"

That said Kosei, waits for Zilchus to open the other, and then, with ample delight he lets the man to offer him in and walks into the next room just as happily.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Although reasonably certain that it wasn't intentional, Florence quickly concludes that their newest addition's manner of speaking would take some getting used to.

Maybe I could beg a drink of...

She glances at the still-angry Zilchus.

No, that's a stupid idea. He'll just accuse you of trying to take his booze.

Still headache-y and stuck really wanting a drink for the first time she can remember, Florence falls back a step and waits for Zilchus or Stelle to open the doors.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

I’m guessing as to which door you’re headed through a little. Let me know if I picked the wrong one. :) I’ve also set you on the map a bit, feel free to adjust.

Zilchus opens the door and Kosei steps in.

This large chamber appears to have been hollowed out of the sphinx’s right front leg and paw. A small 20’ tall pyramid stands near the center of the room which arches some 30’ further above (total ceiling height 50’). Steep stairs climb the pyramid’s western face to reach its flattened top. The pyramid abuts the southern wall of the chamber, creating a corridor around the pyramid to the north. Balls of green fire at each corner of the pyramid illuminate the room.


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

"Ah look! That was a great honor" Kosei turns around to look at the party, then moves on closer to the pyramid looking the strange inner structure and checking the safety of its stairs "So this is how it feels. Adventuring. How do you think we enter inside the pyramid?"
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei moves to the stairs. Though he sees nothing of particular note from his vantage point, it seems like the girtablilu may have been posted as guards here at one time. You see some remnants near the foot of the stairs that are suggestive.

Survival (tracking) DC 20:
Though the room is fairly clean, you do see some humanoid tracks going up and down the stairs. The girtablilu seemed to stay below however.
- - -


Kosei Sharif-El-Sadad wrote:
"The Lion ...loving a conversation once more"

Zilchus' head quirks, trying to parse the Lion's words. Did he just ask her out? Wow, the Lion is bold.

Zilchus carefully climbs to the top of the pyramid, taking a look around before trying to enter.

1d20 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24 Perception

"You don't have to go first again, Mr. Lion. I think mighty Stelle will be angry if she does not have first charge at a foe or two once in a while," Zilchus says, feeling more comfortable with Kosei after the letter from Abdur.

"Mr. Lion, you did not answer my question...did you not mention a dragon? And Ben? What happened there?"


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Before checking out the Pyramid, Stelle crosses over to the other side of the room and taps the Scarab of Mummy Defense three times.

Any Mummies here?


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Ptolemy," Florence sighs, even though Zilchus wasn't asking her. "He's probably talking about Ptolemy. I think he could see the invisible...or sniff them out, maybe."

She follows Kosei and the others into the room, staring up at the large pyramid structure with reluctant curiosity. "I wonder...did they keep something on top? Or maybe it was just a good place to give a speech from." Florence tries to figure out what the thing's purpose might be as she begins to scan what she can of it for magical auras.

Kn. History: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
Kn. Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 11

Florence is pretty sure that the pyramid was used for sacrifices - based on the carved channels for blood, still dark even after centuries of disuse. There are no indications on the structure who it was dedicated to. Perhaps there had been something on top, something no longer there.

As you pass around to the north side and top of the pyramid, you can see into the next room (to the east). Great rents mar the walls at the north and south ends of this chamber. Shards of stone jut from the walls like jagged blades, somehow hurled with enough force to sink inches into the solid stone walls. Two flickering images hover in the sides of the room, one of a golden lioness, the other of a fierce, lion-headed woman wearing a blood-soaked dress (image). In the space of a heartbeat, the images morph from one form to the other and back again as if the two figures were swapping positions.

Knowledge Religion DC 20 (Florence already succeeded):
The shifting images are representations of Sekhmet, the goddess of fire, healing, vengeance, and war. Known as the Lady of Slaughter, she is a Chaotic Neutral goddess.
- - -

Stelle and Zilchus also notice a cleverly hidden secret panel on this side of the pyramid. To save a little time… traps are looked for and not found. A large stone is shifted, and a passage is opened into the pyramid. Stelle (sans Anubis) crawling and squeezing, might just be able to transverse the passage without difficulty, but others of you might get stuck. Do you investigate further?


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Sorry, forgot, there are no mummies nearby according to Stelle.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Hum...Sekhmet? The goddess of healing...but also fire, vengeance, and war," Florence murmurs as the group peers into the next room at the shifting images. "Not a pushover goddess by any means..."

Although morbidly curious to see what lies beyond the room of images, Florence pauses when the secret panel into the pyramid is revealed. "Hmm...it looks almost too small for any of us except you, Stelle. Or Bynx. Or our new friend if he wanted to go batty again," she remarks, glancing at Kosei. "If anyone goes in, they ought to be careful - I'm positive this thing was used for sacrifice at one point, probably to Sekhmet."


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Kosei wrote:
"So this is how it feels. Adventuring. How do you think we enter inside the pyramid?"

'Kosei Sharif-El-Sabad, Prince of Osirion and Ancient Guardian of the Sun Lion.'

GMEuan wrote:
Two flickering images hover in the sides of the room, one of a golden lioness, the other of a fierce, lion-headed woman wearing a blood-soaked dress (image). In the space of a heartbeat, the images morph from one form to the other and back again as if the two figures were swapping positions.
Florence wrote:
""Hum...Sekhmet? The goddess of healing...but also fire, vengeance, and war. Not a pushover goddess by any means..."

Stelle looks at the gaunt old man Kosei. "Dear Prince, by any chance would this be a friend of yours?" she asks, jerking her head toward the swapping images in the next room.

~
Stelle eyes the passage into the pyramid skeptically, pulling out 50' of silk rope and a sunrod from her Dungeoneering Kit.

"Anubis, protect everyone. I'm going as far as I can trailing this rope behind -- in case things get weird in there. Would you like to come, Bynx? Perhaps we can find and open a way for all of us."

She slams a piton into the ground near the opening, ties one end of the rope to the piton, and the other around her waist.

"Wish me luck," she says winking, before moving on into the pyramid as far as she can more or less comfortably go, shield in front of her.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Nope :(

"Does anyone have a companion who can scout inside the pyramid and return?" Nidhi looks at the trap cautiously. "I can't fit in there with my hips," she adds bluntly.

Nidhi watches Stelle in surprise as the halfling squeezes into the tight passage. "Be careful Stelle. You're half of the muscle in our group."


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

K. religion DC 20: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Kosei observes the shifting paintings in the wall "No my friend I do not know the Lion-headed goddess myself. That is interesting, but a bit too bloody perhaps? If there was no blood though, and considering having an affair with a goddess would certainly raise my status, then yes my friend, I willingly will bless giving myself for the greater grandness"

The Garund remains in the pyramid entrance, still considering about the different intricacies of the bloody goddess, but if Stelle seems in danger or takes more than a short while to come back, he doubtlessly transforms back into the bat and darts inside the structure.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The passage opens up after a few feet (more or less just long enough to get stuck) and within Stelle finds a small cache of items! Everything is covered in the dust of ages gone past, which kicks up and makes it hard to breathe. It is clear no one has been in here in decades - maybe even centuries.

Within the tiny chamber you find
Golembane Scarab worth 2,500gp
Two pearls (200gp ea) and one scarab beetle with inlaid carnelian wings (350gp)
Desiccated pouch with 85 platinum pieces
An ancient box, wrapped in ribbon like a gift


HP: 44/44 l AC: 21, T 14, FF 19 l CMD 13 (17 vs. trip) l F +3, Ref +6, W +10, Spell Resistance 19 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +12, Low-Light Vision, Scent Male Cat

Although Bynx didn't mind going inside the little pyramid with Stelle his nose objects to all the dust collected inside and he quickly falls into a fit of itty bitty kitty sneezes and has to retreat. He trots back over to Florence's feet and flops down, rolling over to show his belly.

"Maow!"

She'll be fine, I don't think there was anything in there. And anyway, you should rub my belly - it'll make you feel better!


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Offerings, maybe? But I guess it doesn't really matter, they're ours now," Florence remarks as she rubs and scratches at Bynx's belly. And she can't help but smile a little in spite of everything.

"That scarab works like the mummy scarab Stelle's using," Florence continues. "Whoever's wearing it can detect golems if they focus. Even better, it'll let your weapons - even your fists - penetrate their defenses."

She then glances at the wrapped box, mildly curious about the contents. "An ancient present? Nidhi, you like opening stuff I'm sure. Maybe you should do the honors."


Florence Corvina wrote:
"Ptolemy," Florence sighs, even though Zilchus wasn't asking her.

"Oh...Ptolemy. Right," Zilchus says, having completely forgotten about Ben's friend. "Right right."

Florence Corvina wrote:
"Hum...Sekhmet? The goddess of healing...but also fire, vengeance, and war. Not a pushover goddess by any means..."

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23 Know (religion)

Zilchus moves to study the religious iconography, relating what he knows of his god, the Raging Torrent known as Sobek, and that of Sekhmet.

"Now *she* would make a fine consort, would she not? It is said that the River rages for want of the admiration of a goddess like Sekhmet. She is the reason that mountains are reduced to ruin, canyons are carved, and bridges swept away...so much does the river want the embrace of a warrior like Sekhmet."

Cool gods chart.

Zilchus will take the scarab for now if no one else wants it. His blade will already be effective versus golems, and so it does not suit him when others could use its ability to sense the constructed.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi is interested in the ancient box, wrapped in ribbon like a gift. "Oooh, let me see that!" The bard eagerly grabs for the container and examines it, turning it that way and that.

Appraise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Ehhh... can Nidhi do a Standard Action on Knowledge History or Religion to find out more about the box? Both are +7
Lore Master: Can take a 10 on any Knowledge that has ranks in. In addition, TWICE (level 11) per day, bard can take 20 on any Knowledge skill check as a Standard Action


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The box very nearly crumbles as Stelle hands it to Nidhi. Nidhi turns it over to examine it and a bit of ribbon falls off.

Even taking-20, the box reveals no secrets either historical or religious. It was made of a soft wood and the ribbon of colored cotton. Must have been very pretty at one time.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Surprised to find that most of the 50' of silk rope is still in her hand when she reaches the dead end, Stelle giggles. I should be so dramatic when I come out of this tunnel... tell everyone there's a chamber here full of wonderful things... wonder gold and jeweled things... Oh well, I guess this treasure will do.

She uses the Sleeves of Many Garments to turn her current wardrobe into that of a Queen's -- trimmed in gold, lapis and other semiprecious and precious stones. She completes it with an enormous headdress, and crawls back out of the space with everything in tow.

"It doesn't go very far," she says, pointing into the small chamber opening. Stelle frowns as the box crumbles as she hands it to Nidhi.

Zilchus wrote:
" ...so much does the river want the embrace of a warrior like Sekhmet."

"Wow," says Stelle, climbing onto Anubis and riding over to Zilch to also look at The Lion Goddess, "that sounds romantic. Did you say if you had a girlfriend?"

"And - oh!" she says, holding up the Scarab of Mummy Defense. "Scarab for a Scarab?"


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei observes how the little Stelle comes out of the pyramid triumphant "I am impressed you found the time to change your clothings out there. Not to mention the pure luck to find a dress in there that fits you as the sky fits the mountains and plains"

While Nidhi is examining the box Kosei just approaches and without interweaving words tries to open it when it is still at the woman's hands "What happens, is not opening?"


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Heh...that look suits you, Stelle," Florence smiles at her small friend's fancy attire. "You should've went with that when we met Muminofrah, I bet she would've liked it too."

As Nidhi and Stelle and Kosei all handle the little wrapped box, Florence cringes a bit as she sees it start to crumble. "Ooh...maybe we should've used mending magic first? It's not something I can do but I know other people can."


Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
"Did you say if you had a girlfriend?"

Zilchus shakes his head, not blushing, but offering his not-so-good smile of mediocrity.

"No. No. No...few women have ever found me that interesting, save MummyRot and I think that was pesh inspired," Zilchus downcasts, knowing he's never going to be a looker.

Zilchus walks around to the front of the pyramid, looking to move on.

"Anything else here? Or should we try the next room?" Zilchus has his blade ready, but is also thinking that a nap might be nice.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Florence wrote:
"Heh...that look suits you, Stelle," Florence smiles at her small friend's fancy attire. "You should've went with that when we met Muminofrah, I bet she would've liked it too."

Stelle curtsies. "It's fun, isn't it? But, I find it's always better to first go in as you really are, you know -- to make the best impression."

Kosei wrote:
"I am impressed you found the time to change your clothings out there. Not to mention the pure luck to find a dress in there that fits you as the sky fits the mountains and plains"

Stelle curtsies again, then giggles. "Sleeves. It's just sleeves! There's really nothing more in there, at least as far as I could see."

Stelle looks at the (once) gift wrapped box in Nidhi's hand. "It doesn't look so nice now, but it's not completely disintegrated. Is there anything more in there?"

~
She looks/not looks at Zilchus, offering the Mummy Scarab.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi looks at wooden box in her hands. "Maybe we should pay for a renewal spell? To make it pretty again."

Nidhi casts Detect Magic on the box.


Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
"Scarab for a Scarab?"

Zilchus stares at the scarabs for a moment, confused. ”Aren’t they the same? Did...you like this one better? Sure...sure...I guess. I don’t think I’ll wear this one for long. I’m not much of a jewelry guy. I do like some nice belts and cloaks and headbands, but scarabs? Not really my thing.”

Sorry, thought the two scarabs were the same. Doy. Zilch will hold on to the mummy one until we can sell it.

Zilchus agrees to trade scarabs, even trying on the mummy one to help deal with all his mummy issues, as Stelle might say.

* * *
Zilchus waits patiently for the box discussion to end, not sure what that’s all about.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi continues to examine the box. She can see a bit of cloth through a corner, now fallen away. She detects strong magic on the box, or in it, it's hard to say as there's not much box left to hold.


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Progressively losing interest in the box Kosei let's the box go and shrugs "If we are not supposed to open it we can rescue it at least from oblivion" he then steps into the next room and its corridor looking at the fine masonry of the Sphinx interior "The job our people is able to do is impressive, even for those zealots"
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

"I sense magic." Nidhi cautiously opens the box.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi opens the remains of the box. Within the once nicely wrapped present, lies a simple cotton gown, untouched by the passage of time. Though simple, it is elegant in its own way, and quite magical. Further investigation reveals it is a Witching Gown.

Meanwhile, Kosei walks down the center of the room, avoiding the two flickering images of Sekhmet, and examines the hallway beyond it. The doors here are like the others in the complex - stone, heavy, and well oiled on stout metal hinges. Neither appear to have locks. He hears nothing but the party.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
GM Euan wrote:
a +2 competence bonus on all Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate skill checks. When worn by a witch, these bonuses double.

!!!! +2 competence bonus on all Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate skill checks BUT Nidhi is not a witch D: Florence should wear it.

Also, this gown has ALL of the spells I picked. Literally... Charm person spell, disguise self spell, bluff, diplomacy, intimidate OMG WTH!!! XD *flips game table over*

"This outfit must be magical," Nidhi lifts it up and holds it up to Florence's shoulders.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Um...well, if you're sure no one else minds then it does sound like I could put its powers to good use," Florence finally remarks, shuffling her feet a bit awkwardly. Inwardly she felt that it would look better on Nidhi and felt a little guilty, even though she couldn't have articulated why.

Florence gingerly takes the gown and, for lack of a better option, ducks back into the room with the pool. "Um, just...just give me a moment or two and I'll be ready to get going again," she calls behind her before proceeding to change into the gown.

Once dressed, she thinks for a moment and then wills the gown to show itself as a simple set of black traveling clothes. The color seemed fitting, at least for now. Florence then hurries back to the others.

"I'm ready."
____________

So, is this retail therapy without the retail? Also, sorry Nidhi!


"A dress? It's just a dress? Oh man...you had me thinking that, I dunno, there was a mummycat inside or some soul-sucking shadows or something...but it's just a dress? Ha," Zilchus seems both annoyed and relieved, moving away from the women as he checks on Kosei. He will give them room to be-dress themselves away from his prying eyes. Not like he's worried about seeing the women in their skivvies, after all he's not too shy about his own near nakedness.

"What did you find, Kosei? Anything?"

1d20 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24 Perception


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Zilchus wrote:
Zilchus stares at the scarabs for a moment, confused. ”Aren’t they the same? Did...you like this one better? Sure...sure...I guess. I don’t think I’ll wear this one for long. I’m not much of a jewelry guy. I do like some nice belts and cloaks and headbands, but scarabs? Not really my thing.”

"Yes, I think the Construct Scarab is probably more," Stelle pauses, looking for a word, "... utilitarian for a Combative here." She looks at Zilchus brightly. "You should save the other scarab for your girlfriend. It is prettier, detects, and protects."

Florence wrote:
"Um, just...just give me a moment or two and I'll be ready to get going again," she calls behind her before proceeding to change into the gown. "I'm ready."

Stelle shakes her head, stunned when Florence emerges from the room with the pool. "Not just a dress," she says, impressed. "Mine is just a dress. Florence's dress is actually magical!"

"You look radiant, Florence!"

She turns her attention to the room with Mutating Art.

"We could rest, or we could press past this bit further into the Sphinx Paw -- just to make sure there are no lurking Cultists beyond. Though, it does seem quiet, doesn't it?"

She follows Kosei though the next chamber. "Stay toward the center."

PerceptionAidKosei: 28 + 4 = 32


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Oh, um...thanks Stelle," Florence responds, offering a genuine if wan smile. Then, she holds up the corset they'd found what seemed like ages ago now, back in Tephu. "Too bad it wouldn't fit with the corset though; it was just too awkward to try and get them both on. Um...I don't think anyone else can really use it but I bet it'd fetch a pretty penny once we get back to civilization," she offers.
____________

Flo will trade out the Corset of Dire Witchcraft for the Witching Gown.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus perceives nothing of note, as Stelle aids Kosei - sharpening his observational powers, but to no avail. No further information is gleaned, though he's even more certain that the doors ahead of him are untrapped.


Zilchus looks back to see if others are ready to open the door, double taking when he see’s Florence’s new dress. ”Oh hey, that’s not bad,” he utters before turning his attention to the door again. When others are ready, he opens the door.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

You open the door to a grisly scene. The dust of centuries lies heavily over almost everything in this room. Three bare wooden easels stand angled toward each other. A small table nearby holds the remains of several dried-up paint pots and a few wooden brush handles, their bristles eaten away by time. The moaning whisper of the wind seems to fill the room.

Just a few steps into the room lies an undusted dead cultist. His body is whole and unharmed, as if he was cast down with a word, stone cold dead. The other cultists must have shut the door, never to enter - not even to obtain their allies body, several days dead at least, and almost in reach of the door.


Well piddlespot. I think I found a room we can rest in...assuming we can make it safe.

Zilchus takes 20 to examine the area (total 40 perception), then 20 again with Detect Magic.

”Okay...let’s see what we have here. Some sort of fire? Trap? Who is protecting...art?” Zilchus doesn’t know what to make of this.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi nods approvingly at Florence's new garb but raises an eyebrow at her choice in color. I wouldn't have picked black. Maybe she's mourning Ben.

Nidhi assists in looking for possible traps. "You think the gods smited him?" She gestures to the corpse.

Perception (traps): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22

5,351 to 5,400 of 8,098 << first < prev | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.