GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


5,101 to 5,150 of 8,614 << first < prev | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | next > last >>

HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Though she doesn't intend on letting Zilchus or the others get too far ahead of her, Florence has to admit that she'd rather they advance first - at least Zilchus and Stelle, at any rate.

They're better equipped for a sudden pummeling than I am.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Being too far away to discern the details of what is going on, Ben sends Ptolemy (who becomes invisible) to get a better sense of the battlefield. Through the telepathic bond with his familiar, Ben will then use the information obtained to decide a course of action. In particular, Ben is interested in how many survivors are left, and where the (if any) the biggest group of them currently is.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus moves up and sees nothing, though he hears something coming from the front of the Sphinx. Florence, NIdhi, and Stelle wait to see what’s happening, while Benedictus sends Ptolomy the brave into the copse to see what there is to see.

For reference… A grove of strange palm trees stretch toward the sky to the south of the Sphinx. Their bleached-white, chalky trunks support bladelike fronds of dull ivory, as if some giant hand set curved and serrated bones atop the trees. A gentle breeze blows, but the grove remains immobile as the Sphinx beside it. Here (image) is what it might look like if you were in it.

Ptolomy flies through the serrated bone trees and replies telepathically to the group, ”It’s harder to see here, but my darkvision works well enough. I see evidence of the cultists, but no one is here now. It doesn’t look like they station anyone here at night.”

As that happens, you see four girtablilu, moving fast, rounding the front of the Sphinx and headed in your direction. The leader (image) Benedictus’ arcane eye spotted seems to be among them, leading the pack from the front.

- Round 1 -
Benedictus - 25
Florence - 17
Nidhi - 16
Good Folks - 9
Zilchus - 7
Stelle - 3

Initiative Rolls:

Benedictus 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25 (acts in surprise round)
Florence 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Stelle 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Zilchus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Good Folk 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Next up - Benedictus, Florence and Nidhi. Nidhi and Stelle may also move up in the two rounds prior as they haven't posted those actions yet. Remember Stelle, you're 150' back from where your icon is now.

We're now in rounds, but not necessarily in combat. I know you wanted to parley, but they are expecting attack, so you'll have to talk 'em down...


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

As soon as Stelle sees/hears the girtablilu curving around the east side of the Sphinx to head west toward the white palms and Zilchus, she urges Anubis to start heading east with great speed to curve around to the north and west in an effort to flank them. (Skill check "Doppler Effect +20 Anubis?).

Ptolemy wrote:
”It’s harder to see here, but my darkvision works well enough. I see evidence of the cultists, but no one is here now. It doesn’t look like they station anyone here at night.”

"Ooh, how cute! He sounds like an articulate Bynx! Ooops, sorry! I forgot you can all hear me think now."

"Surely that can't be though! Is there a hidden trap door to an underground tunnel or something?! How did we miss them leaving? Are the girtablilu heading toward us, or the white trees?!"

Sorry, my browser wrt to roll20 and the map is failing me. Can you move Stelle however far she can go to get into flank? She's going to pace Anubis a fair bit beside and behind the girtablilu so as not to be detected for the time being.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 58/58 l AC: 22, T 14, FF 20 l CMD 14 (18 vs. trip) l F +4, Ref +7, W +11, Spell Resistance 21 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +12, Low-Light Vision, Scent Male Cat
Stelle wrote:
He sounds like an articulate Bynx!

*hissss*

Articulate!? I can talk just as well as any of you monkeys! I just choose not to, that's all.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 1, Initiative 17

Oh for the love of...a beautiful bit of magic, wasted...

As her eyes and ears finally catch the sounds of the girtabloobloo heading their way, she sighs and wills herself to rise into the air in preparation of catching up to Zilchus.

Spells & Powers:

5th - Break Enchantment, Hold Monster x2
4th - Blessing of Fervor, Confusion, Greater False Life, Ice Storm
3rd - Dispel Magic, Heroism x2, Lightning Bolt
2nd - Euphoric Cloud, Glitterdust x2, Hold Person, See Invisibility
1st - Bless, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shadow Trap, Snowball, Unbreakable Heart
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize

Lesser Extend Rod (3/3)

Fortune Hex Uses:
Healing Hex Uses:


____________

Florence activates her Flight hex and rises 30 feet up into the air!


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

It may be hard to see with the size of the map, but the many oblong bits on the map surrounding the Sphinx are standing stones ~10'-15' tall and provide lots of cover.

I described them earlier, but wanted to make a special note of it as you can use them as cover if you're low enough (everyone is flying so high!). I'm treating them as cover to anyone at ground level, 5' up or 10' up. Higher than that and they don't help much unless someone is right next to it of course. :)

Those of you who are flying higher than that may adjust your height if you wish.

Also, in case it wasn't clear by omission, the girtablilu are not carrying any light sources. Nor is the party (as yet) so 20% miss chance on any attacks in the dim light for now...


Zilchus pauses, wondering if they should flee into the night to try again in the morning. He remembers that they don’t want to engage the skirt-a-pillows, but speak with them first.

Maybe we need better scouting, especially at night.

Zilchus looks at Stelle and gives the let’s-get-out-of-here look.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Stelle suddenly halts Anubis in his tracks having caught Zilchus's gaze. She nods once and peels away from the Sphinx and girtabloobloo.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi? Benedictus? Is anyone going to talk to the girtablilu?


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

This is a really big map, geez. So are our characters stationed where they are currently supposed to be or...? I placed Nidhi on the map area.

Round 1:

Nidhi tightens her grip on her longbow. Where are the cultists? This wasn't the plan. The bard thinks back to her companion's words:

Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
"I like that idea, but the Cultists are within the perimeter of the Sphinx grounds. Are they seeking protection from the -- 'skirt'a pillows'? Maybe I should hang back with Anubis after we cast ice storms and fireballs, or make our presence otherwise known -- to cover flank in case 'skirt'a pillows' guards come to fight. If they don't, I'll join in, albeit late."

Nidhi casts Tongues (PRD link) on herself, while moving up closer. She speaks in the girtablilu tongue: "Hail, friends! We are in search of criminals! Perhaps you have seen the murderous thieves?"


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Stelle rides up to Nidhi, and looks at her quizzically as gibberish proceeds to fall out of her mouth.

She looks at the girtablilu. Oh, is that how they sound? Maybe I should stay quiet. She looks again at Nidhi and nods once before turning her attention back to the girtablilu.

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22 +4 to Nidhi's attempt.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus recalls Ptolomy and thinks. Florence flies up into the air. Nidhi casts tongues and moves as she speaks shouting in the darkness so as to be heard.

Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
Nidhi casts Tongues (PRD link) on herself, while moving up closer. She speaks in the girtablilu tongue: "Hail, friends! We are in search of criminals! Perhaps you have seen the murderous thieves?"

Nidhi finds she is speaking an unusual tongue, similar to Common, but with more clicks and sibilants than she’s used to. It seems to take the opposition by surprise.

”Dakuri? Is that you? It doesn’t sound like you.” shouts the leader back before recovering a bit, ”Who goes there?!” he shouts eventually, even as he and his team move up, and move up surprisingly fast. The more perceptive of the party hear the sounds of more coming from the west in the darkness beyond the rocks.

- Round 1 -
Zilchus - 7
Stelle - 3
- Round 2 -
Benedictus - 25
Florence - 17
Nidhi - 16
Good Folks - 9

Everyone may go. Nidhi, Diplomacy check please, and any who speak can lend their aid (+4 from Stelle so far). Please remember, we are still in initiative, so one rounds worth of actions only for now.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

"Dakuri?! One of the cultists?" Stelle thinks through the telepathy link. "If they're friends with the cultists, maybe we should act like bounty hunters with a reward incentive!"


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

I wasn't sure if I was allowed to cast a spell (standard action) AND roll diplomacy (standard action) in the same round or not.

"Round 1 or 2 (?)"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17 Oof, haha

"I am not Dakuri. I am Nidhi Aashirya."


Round 1, Init 7

Quick cast Shield of Faith before moving.

Zilchus moves back to protect Nidhi and Flo, standing between the women and the huge hulking foes that would surely crush Zilchus in a moment. Nonetheless, he tries to act protective, rather than threatening.

"My mistress means no harm," Zilchus confirms, not indicating which woman is his mistress.

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8 Diplomacy to aid

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+13+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+6+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 82/82
AC: 26/23 + 3 SoF (7 armor+1, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +3 buckler +2 ring)

DF:0/10
Weap: 0/10 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting/Summoning: 0/8 used (+5)
Quick Prayer: 1/8 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/10 minutes used
Crocodilic Aura: 0/6 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 1, Initiative 17

With dialogue now opened - sort of - Florence descends a little bit and flies forward. She notes the other, smaller sphinx statues would provide some cover for her should things go south and the girtabloobloos prove to carry bows or other long-ranged weaponry.

"We aren't your Dakuri," Florence calls out. "But we did find one of your people slain a few days past by a baykok out in the sands. He looked like..." she goes on to describe the fallen creature. "Could that have been your Dakuri?"

Diplomacy (Aid): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
____________

Florence will descend to 15 ft. and then move forward to her current map position.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Benedictus turns invisible, waiting to see how the anticipated negotiation unfolds. He would have preferred to wait until the next morning, but as soon as he realizes that there is nothing he can do to stop his friends, the scholar decides to wait and watch from afar.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

You can see now that the western group is also herding an enormous scorpion, nearly 15’ tall itself. The leader closes a little further, but stops before engaging Bazsil. He peers through the darkness at the party (those he can see anyway).

He barks at Nidhi, hissing and spitting as he does so.

Girtabiliu language:
”No, you are not Dakuri obviously. Nidhi, I am Orchamus, and while you speak our language most excellently, and with a slightly Northern twang, you are not welcome here. This edifice is protected, and you are not permitted. So leave, and leave now, lest we enforce our edict by force.” he says politely.
- - -

Florence Corvina wrote:
"We aren't your Dakuri," Florence calls out. "But we did find one of your people slain a few days past by a baykok out in the sands. He looked like..." she goes on to describe the fallen creature. "Could that have been your Dakuri?"

He looks a little saddened by the news, and responds in decent common, ”Aya, that’s our scout, Dakuri. Looks like he went a little too far out, but we were warned to watch for you. There is another, presumably hiding in the darkness. As I told Nidhi,” he repeats, ”This edifice is protected, and you are not permitted. So leave, and leave now, lest we enforce our edict by force.”

- Round 2 -
Zilchus - 7
Stelle - 3
- Round 3 -
Benedictus - 25
Ptolomy - 25 (invisible 4/10r)
Florence - 17
Nidhi - 16
Good Folks - 9

Everyone may go. Please stay in rounds for now.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 3:

Nidhi motions to herself and her companions: "We would like to return Dakuri's family crest to you all. As a sign of good will." Nidhi hands over the emblem from the body.

GM Euan wrote:
"but we were warned to watch for you."

"So. Who, specifically, are you protecting this place from? What have they done?"


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Dakuri? One of theirs? Of course!

Girtablilu wrote:
"Looks like he went a little too far out, but we were warned to watch for you. There is another, presumably hiding in the darkness."

Oh, Ben... Wait -- they were warned? By whom?! I know they wear masks, but just how good are the Cultists at disguise?

Nidhi wrote:
"We would like to return Dakuri's family crest to you all. As a sign of good will."

"Er, yes, of course. Please, let me Nidhi."

Holding the Crest up clearly, Stelle rides halfway up to the Girtablilu watching them carefully. She carefully lays it on the sand before retreating again.

Sorry, that only seemed prudent.

"I am Stelle, and yes, one of us is very shy. There are five of us, and a few animial/beast companions. We shall leave, but know that it can not be us as a threat to of which you were warned. We are only here because we followed the trail of a bunch of -- as Nidhi explained I hope -- lying thugs."

She instinctively has Anubis face right in a Calvary signal to her companions to start retreating, completely forgetting in the moment that none of them are likely to understand this gesture.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 They're not about to cut our heads off are they?


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi lets Stelle return the emblem.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 7

Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
Nidhi motions to herself and her companions: "We would like to return Dakuri's family crest to you all. As a sign of good will." Nidhi hands over the emblem from the body

Orchamus gestures and his troops stand alert, but stationary while he strides forward, clacking softly in the sand. He leans down where Stelle placed it and takes the golden amulet into his hand. He turns it over and examines it closely, likely ascertaining if it is in fact Dakuri’s.

He straightens up, towering over those on the ground, and says, ”It’s a matter of honor. I thank you for returning this to the tribe. Dakuri was well respected, and you’ve done him a great service. In return, I will provide you a great service and allow you to slip through our lines unmolested.”

”Only one time do I grant this. I shall not have you passing back and forth at your leisure though our protection. We were hired to guard this Sphinx, and guard it we shall. You should know, I cannot speak for the girtablilu within. They are of a different clan, but if you speak with Rubila, give her this.” He removes a large, sharp tooth from around his neck and hands it to Nidhi. ”You will know her by the paint on her face, white - like whiskers on her cheeks.”

Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
"So. Who, specifically, are you protecting this place from? What have they done?"

”While I am not keen on my employers, and you have aided us, I was never-the-less well paid for my service, and will not tell you anything further. You must follow your own path, and we ours.”

Stelle:
You think they’re being genuine. Certainly there’s more here that he’s not saying, but what he has said seems truthful enough to you.
- - -


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Stelle gets a little uneasy when Orchamus approaches, but eyeing him carefully allows him to approach Nidhi unmolested.

"In this he is sincere."


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

"I guess we leave to go speak with Rubila?" Nidhi looks at her companions expectantly.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence carefully remains hovering in place as she considers this newest development.

"I say we do. We've been granted this chance to advance without bloodshed - it's risky to go in but I think we should take it!"


Zilchus nods from his airwalked perch, happy to avoid a fight with these monstrous scorpiogiants.

"Yes, let us go in peace," he says as he watches the stinger of the big scorpion.

Might be the best way to deal with these things is from above. I have no desire to feel that stinger in my flesh.

Zilchus will depart peacefully, if he is given the option. He will recall SoF from his Pearl.


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 16
Orchamus wrote:
”You will know [Rubila] by the paint on her face, white - like whiskers on her cheeks.”

Anubis wags his tail three times. "Like Bynx. Except probably not grey. With ... er, what is that on him -- 'stripes'?" He sniffs at Bynx. Whatever that is, it's not honey. He grins and pants, trying not to drool.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16
Orchamus wrote:
"I will provide you a great service and allow you to slip through our lines unmolested. They are of a different clan, but if you speak with Rubila, give her this.”

A different clan inside?! Stelle addresses Orchamus, "Thank you!"

Nidhi wrote:
"I guess we leave to go speak with Rubila?" Nidhi looks at her companions expectantly.

Stelle nods in accord. "Let us seek audience with Rubila," she says, heading toward the Sphinx entrance in the event that no one objects.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Ben appears and flies down, taking place close to his companions. "Very well done." He smiles, and nods at the scorpionfolk with a little bow of respect. Before entering, however, he approaches his friends and whispers to them: "I need to rest. I used many resources in the assault, and I need to get back my powers. Let's get in and find a place where to rest for a few hours, please."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

With a nod Orchamus surrounds the party with his forces who escort you along a few particular paths to the entrance. Drifting from the path is discouraged, at least for those walking along the ground. They guide you to the entry.

A broad path leads between the outstretched forelimbs of the giant statue, one of which has collapsed into a towering heap of rubble. At this close proximity, the sphinx looms like a mountain above, its featureless visage staring blindly out into the moonlit desert. The imposing statue of the Sightless Sphinx is over 600 feet long and rises almost 200 feet high. The Sphinx’s walls are made of 2-foot-thick stone blocks. The blocks are not mortared in place, but have been formed so smoothly and laid together so perfectly that they have almost fused together over the years from the weight of the structure.

A set of double doors, made of the same dun-colored sandstone as the sphinx itself, are carved into the sphinx’s chest. Inlaid hieroglyphs of ivory and lapis lazuli on the doors catch what little light makes its way into the shadowed avenue.

Orchamus walks up to the door and reaches over to the glyphs. There are twelve in all*. He presses three of them and you hear, very softly, a sliding bar of metal on stone. He nods to the party, ”Strength and honor! You may leave any time, but do not foray within again, or we shall be forced to do our duty, and you yours, and that gains no one.”

He gestures to his people, and they fade back into dark desert, heading around the sphinx in both directions. You are seemingly alone with the door, which seems to be unlocked.

What do you do?

* 12 glyphs: DC 20 knowledge arcana or DC 15 knowledge nature:
They glyphs are Ancient Osiriani images for the twelve heavenly bodies in the solar system: Aballon, Castrovel, Golarion, Akiton, Verces, the Diaspora, Eox, Triaxus, Liavara, Bretheda, Apostae, and Aucturn.

Orchamus pressed Eox, Castrovel, and Aucturn.

DC 25 knowledge arcana or DC 20 knowledge planes to open the spoiler below.

Spoiler:
The Sightless Sphinx is a representation of Areshkagal, the demon lord of greed, portals, and riddles. The planes Eox (greed), Castrovel (portals) and Aucturn (riddles) are the solar representations of Areshkagal. This is an ancient door indeed!
- - -

- - -

New map up. Another large one, but not quite as bad as the last one. You’re in the top-center bit.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Kn. Nature (DC 15): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25
Kn. Arcana (DC 25): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

Florence pays very close attention as Orchamus presses the glyphs as she knows they'll probably need it to get out again later. But as she studies them, several things click into place and she utters a low whistle.

"This place is old. See those glyphs? They're images for the twelve heavenly bodies in our solar system - Aballon, Castrovel, Golarion, Akiton, Verces, the Diaspora, Eox, Triaxus, Liavara, Bretheda, Apostae, and Aucturn," Florence explains. "Our friend, he pressed Eox, Castrovel, and Aucturn to open the door."

"If you're wondering where I'm going with this, I just realized this place, the Sightless Sphinx, is a representation of Areshkagal - demon lord of greed, portals, and riddles," she continues. "And Eox represents greed, Castrovel represents portals, and Aucturn represents riddles - solar representations of Areshkagal!"


Zilchus relaxes as the threat of combat diminishes, sheathing his sword but keeping it at the ready.

Good. Good. I don't die on the sands tonight.

Walking protectively with the party, Zilchus can recognize nothing in the glyphs and nods as Florence explains things.

"So, this isn't a happy place, huh, Flo?" Zilchus says, returning the bottle of applejack back to his pouch unopened. So much for relaxing.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Knowledge (arcana) check: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35

Ben is about to give the party another lesson in history, when Florence speaks first. The scholar cannot help but smile sweetly at his beloved companion, proud of her knowledge. "As Flo said," he confirms, when the others look at him. "Not that I find this to be particularly good for us..."

Before delving deeper into the dungeon, Benedictus insists on resting. "Let's set up a camp here, or somewhere close. Nidhi, Stelle, would this be a good place? I really need to rest!"


Female Halfling Cavalier/16
Florence wrote:
"Solar representations of Areshkagal!"

Stelle gasps. "Is this a transportation device to other stars? So, do you mean that the outward appearance of the Sphinx is a clue to opening this portal?! she asks, pointing to the door Orchamus unlocked "Neat! We're bound to run into other riddles like this inside!"

She looks at Ben. "Are you up for that? We shouldn't tarry here. Let's get inside first, and see if we can find a suitable space to rest inside. You might consider pacing yourself better!" she chides gently.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"No, not a happy place but I don't think anywhere we've been has been a happy place. Well except for the taverns, those are usually pretty happy places if you've got the coin," Flo replies to Zilchus as she continues to look at the door for a moment. She does beam rather happily at the smile Ben gives her and blushes just a bit in spite of herself. Not that she needed the validation or approval to be happy but it sure didn't hurt, either!

"Anyway yeah, let's see if we can get inside and find somewhere to hole up if we have to," Flo continues, snapping back to reality as Stelle and Ben talk over the merits of resting and where to do it. "Orchamus touched the door so it should be okay if I just..." she reaches out and places both hands on the door, "...try and slide it..." and attempts to see if the door will slide or otherwise open.


Zilchus stretches out, still happy to have avoided the combat. He looks to see if Florence can produce more results. He knows rest is coming, but knowing that the party can exit is important as well.

’’Tomorrow should be interesting.”


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

A grand entrance hall stretches forth beyond the double doors. Flames flicker atop ten-foot-tall stone pillars marked with graven eyes, filling the hall with rippling shadows. Though an aura of ancient stillness hangs in the room, the smooth stone floor shows no dust or marks of age. Woven reed curtains cover the walls to the north and south. In the center of the room, a white stone statue of a six-legged, faceless sphinx with dragon wings and a viper tail, its face a reflection of the jagged visage outside, faces the front doors from atop a stone pedestal.

You also see two cultists on night watch, playing a complex game of hand gestures and wagering. Green seems to be winning. They don’t immediately notice you as the door opens nearly silently. They are wearing robes and carrying light crossbows but no other apparent weapons.

- Round Surprise -
Party
- Round 1 -
Benedictus - 33
Good Folks - 23
Zilchus - 21
Stelle - 18
Florence - 11+
Nidhi - 11-

Initiative Rolls:

Benedictus 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33 (acts in surprise round)
Florence 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Stelle 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Zilchus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Good Folk 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

The party is up - everyone has a surprise round action, so just a standard more or less. Then Benedictus is up again in round one!


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

I assume Good Hope (PRD link) is still up? Also, yay new map!

Surprise Round:

Nidhi begins to sing (move action) inspiring the party.

Inspire Courage: +2 (level 6) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: (everyone) +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls


Surprise Round

So much for rest, Ben.

Zilchus moves 30’ into the room, drawing his falchion as he goes.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Surprise!

Though a little startled to run into resistance right away, Florence keeps calm and moves into the room behind Zilchus and the others.
____________

Flo moves into the room as well, circling around behind Zilchus a little ways; currently on mobile so I can't move my token.


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Round, Surprise

Stelle grants a +2 dodge bonus to AC (for 1 round) to all of her allies, and moves into the room. Order of the Dragon

Positioned, now that I can see the map. Thanks Nidhi!

Allies, you have:
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
(There is currently no challenge)
+2 dodge bonus to AC
+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear*
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge*

(Challenge, Order)
+2 circumstance bonus on melee attack rolls against the target of Stelle's challenge

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
*Banner


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus DMPC slips in with the others and, unsure how tough they are, simply takes out and loads his crossbow. Zilchus strolls into the chamber, drawing his weapon. Stelle buffs the party slightly and moves into the chamber. Florence moves up cautiously, staying behind Zilchus. Nidhi’s Good Hope is indeed still going, and she adds a lyric to the underlying support.

The two cultists leap to their feet, and move to close with you (double moves). Strangely enough, they don’t cry out, though one looks at the other as if to say, ’I told you so!’. The move with remarkable speed as they approach. Stelle may take an AoO on green as he closes.

- Round 1 -
Zilchus - 21
Stelle - 18
Florence - 11+
Nidhi - 11-
- Round 2 -
Benedictus - 33
Good Folks - 23

The party is up again for round one and the start of round two!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/16

AoOonGreen: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22 Courage, -PA
for Damage: 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22 +Courage, +Hope, +Lance, +PA

"Run into my Lance, why don't you?" Stelle invites.


Round 1, Init 21

”Let’s take this one alive!” Zilchus grunts.

Zilchus seems impressed that the guards rush to attack rather than try to get reinforcements against the superior numbers of the party. That this mere guard thinks that it can withstand Z’s heroic blade intrigues him and tries to make his first set of attacks nonlethal.

1d20 + 14 + 2 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 14 + 2 + 5 - 4 = 32 to hit; (+hero, +bard, +grunt, -NL)
2d4 + 13 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 13 + 2 + 2 = 24 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 5 - 4 = 19 to hit; (+hero, +bard, +grunt, -NL)
2d4 + 13 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 13 + 2 + 2 = 22 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

Pot crit:
1d20 + 14 + 2 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 2 + 5 - 4 = 31 to hit; (+hero, +bard, +grunt, -NL)
2d4 + 13 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 13 + 2 + 2 = 25 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+14+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+7+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+13+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 90/90
AC: 26/23 + 3 SoF (7 armor+1, 2 dex, 1 dodge, +3 buckler +2 ring)

DF:0/10
Weap: 0/10 rounds used (+2 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting/Summoning: 1/8 used (+5)
Quick Prayer: 1/8 used
PoP1: 1/1 used
Armor: 0/10 minutes used
Crocodilic Aura: 0/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (5d6)

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The man grunts under his mask in some pain as he closes, but he continues to advance steadfastly.


HP: 117/117 l AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor), T 12, FF 10 (14 w/Mage Armor) l CMD 21 l F +14, R +11, W +14 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 4/6, L3: 1/5, L4: 3/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 3/3, L8: 2/2 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +25, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes +22, Kn. Religion +13, Spellcraft +25, Swim +7, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 1, Initiative 11

As Stelle and Zilchus leap into action and begin pummeling the two guards, Florence edges past Zilchus and moves a little further into the room, drawing her wand as she goes.

Just in case more come through the doors...!

Keeping one eye on the door ahead she flicks the wand at the guard engaging Zilchus, hoping to daze him with its effects if nothing else.

Ear-Piercing Scream vs. Orange (CL 4th): 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9
____________

DC 11 Fort save or be dazed; half damage on a successful save. Charges remaining (45).


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Are the doors open?

Round 1:

Nidhi lifts up her bow and aims it at the orange enemy.

To hit: 1d20 + 11 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 - 1 + 2 = 23 45 feet. -1 for Point Blank Shot

Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 10

Inspire Courage: +2 (level 6) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: (everyone) +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls


Female Halfling Cavalier/16

Round 1, Init 18

Annie directs a bite toward Green.

Bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 -PA, +Courage
for Damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 +PA, +Courage, +Hope

Stelle lets the hound attempt to sink his teeth into Green before moving him back five feet. She strikes at Green again with her lance.

Lance: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32 (+? -- Hero?), -PA, +Courage
for Damage: 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18 (+? -- Hero?), +PA, +Courage, +Hope

Lance: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 (+? -- Hero?), -PA, +Courage
for Damage: 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22 (+? -- Hero?), +PA, +Courage, +Hope

Lance: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 (+? -- Hero?), -PA, +Courage
for Damage: 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22 (+? -- Hero?), +PA, +Courage, +Hope

Stelle looks up at the faceless Sphinx. Don't look so smug...

Allies have:
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
(There is currently no challenge)
+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear*
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge*

(Challenge, Order)
+2 circumstance bonus on melee attack rolls against the target of Stelle's challenge

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
*Banner

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 91
Annie: Hits: 90 + Lvl 11 hits
Stelle AC: 28
Anubis AC: 28
Buffs: Courage, Hope

Saves:
Fort: +9 (+1 Con, +Cloak, +Luck)
Reflex: +6 (+2 Dex, +Cloak, +Luck)
Will: +6/+10 vs. Fear (+Blood of Pharaohs, +Luck, +Cloak) (+2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 2/3

AC: 28 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1, Dodge) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: +11/+6/+1 (+2 Lance, -3 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Fort: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 vs DC 11 for half of 9 and no daze

5,101 to 5,150 of 8,614 << first < prev | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.