Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


7,101 to 7,150 of 14,076 << first < prev | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Good out of character guessing Astri! I wasn't certain if you or Bri would have picked up on rapier. If the scalps could talk...lol.

Astri you think you've seen the hilt before but heck you've come across so many people lately you are probably mistaken.

You do have your very own wizard there...of course, you'd have to pay for his services. :-)


Evil GM

The three move a little farther down the side of the tavern. Garreg props up against the tree and grabs the Carla and pulls her to him as the henchman turns towards Torgue and stand guard.

I'll Cire and Chell have their surprise action now since they did not spot you. Torgue if you turn back towards them now that will draw attention.

Updated Map with Garreg


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Now?


Evil GM

If you want to take the surprise round action.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

As the man leaves to take a room, she turns to Xander. "Do you know who that man was...? The hilt on his sword seemed very familiar to me."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Haven't seen much yet other than some suspicious barrels, but there does appear to be a hidden passage over there. You think we should just leave now or check it out?"

Is there a door to the passage and if there is, is it locked?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Where? Think it's trapped? Let's both have a look...

Perception, traps: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 = 15


Evil GM

There is a well concealed door to the passage. Sorrin says it's not trapped.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Bri, tossing a perception check for traps, or should I open?


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

I can try though Bri gets no bonuses for traps or anything

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Evil GM

Bri the door does not look trapped but there is an unusual opening mechanism that Soriin did not notice.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Well, I don't see any traps. Let's take a look in."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Ever been to The City of Brass? You'd like it...

disable device: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Eh, my idea of an awesome city to visit would be a floating one. I dislike spending too much time on dry land."

We should make a giant floating city ship.

And OMG I just had a horrible idea for a Waterworld style campaign.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

disable device again, if needed: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Cireladwen readies her bow and nocks and arrow, but does little else at the moment.


Evil GM

Bri and sorrin you get the door open and waft of stronger acid hits your senses.

Both of you need a fort save.

DC 14 and below:
Your eyes burn and redden, watering. You take -4 perception for 1 minute, -2 on attack rolls.

DC 15 and above:
As strong acid smell fills a tunnel that extend about 20 feet and ends at wall.


Evil GM

Cireladwen notches an arrow.

Is Chell or Torgue going to do anything?


Evil GM
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
As the man leaves to take a room, she turns to Xander. "Do you know who that man was...? The hilt on his sword seemed very familiar to me."

knowledge local: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (7) + 22 = 29

"Rickard Bleardon, leads the "Salty Dogs" a local thuggery gang. Rumor is he and his companions ran into a tight snafu a few nights back. Several killed with some canines. Best to steer clear."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Wow. One day I aspire to have bonuses that large...

The bard gives a slow nod of thanks to Xander. "Ah, I've heard of the Salty Dogs. Hm. Seems the type. Doesn't explain the sword hilt, but thank you. I don't have any intention of tussling with him unless he gets in my way."


Evil GM

"Don't you think you can handle him on your own? Don't you want to know about the hilt?" Xander asks with a curious tone, "Your tongue waggles but is it only hot air?" How much of her story was her? How much was the glory of others. Curious.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Fortitude: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

"Ugh, this room smells awful. Making my damn eyes water. Can you see anything in here Sorrin?"

perception: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 4 = 3


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Just seeing if Chell was going to do anything magical like


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Casting Hold Person on Garreg. And Command on his friend to flee. If he saves, cast Command on Garreg to submit. Hopefully he won't save...ah who am I kidding? They always save.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

The bard yawns, and tilts her head at Xander. "Handle him? Yes, I could defeat him alone if I wanted to. I have tricks, traps, sword and bow or I could just talk him into revealing where he got the sword, if that's the goal. But why? You just advised to steer clear, and as far as I know he just nicked it off an unfortunate sod whose sword I recognize. I've met so many people in the past few days probably half of them have been robbed by now. My curiosity is strong but I try not to get killed over trivial matters. On top of that, I'm drunk, tired, and unarmed." She rubs her forehead, and mutters. "Besides... I hate dogs."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

perception, +2 if hidden/trap : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Guess Carna was right about the acid baths.


Evil GM

Surprise RD: Garreg

will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

does a 17 save? chell if you can remember put up your Save DCs.


Evil GM

Sorrin you don't see any traps in the opening although there is strong acid smell in the tunnel. Are you heading into the actual tunnel or are you simply investigating.


Evil GM

Xanders listens to the bard's response and nods. All bluster. Xander bids you good evening Astri takes the key to his room and heads off to it.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin tries to comfort Embrianna, Could be worse... He offers some water to rinse her eyes, wondering if she'll start to melt. Old wives' tale, surely.

I was thinking, if the acid smell came from this cellar and from the other building, this tunnel could connect them? And the smell of the still is used to mask the acid.

Diabolical.

survival, tunnel goes in other building's direction: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Evil GM

You are fairly certain that the tunnel leads to the still.


Evil GM

initiative:

Chell: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Cireladwan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
torgue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
garreg: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
henchman: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Initiative Order:

Henchman
Garreg
Cireladwan
Chell
Torgue


RD 1: Henchman

Garreg's associate moves forward with sword in hand, "Bud git goin'" He nudges Torgue who was getting sick.

RD 1 Map


RD 1: garreg

I think the Hold person save was 16 correct?

Garreg feels the spell wash over him and pushes the wench away, "Whose dun that." He eyes Torgue suspiciously.

perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

chell stealth: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 - 2 = 7
cire stealth: 1d20 + 4 - 0 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 0 = 12

Chell double check your AC stats. Mith +1 breastplate does not give you a 12AC

"Hay's thare's twos in the trees."

That is all he is doing other than drawing a weapon.


Evil GM

RD 1 Actions remeining

Cireladwan
Chell
Torgue


Evil GM

Sorrin and Bri you both realize if what Sorrin believes is true you're going to need help. What ever is in that still/outbuilding is probably beyond the two of you and you'll most likely need the bard to assist.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"I think we may need to take note of this location and return later with supplies to neutralize acids. I'm sure there are alchemists in town."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna bids the wizard goodnight. He didn't seem very impressed by my answer. Oh well. She takes her notebook back and continues to write in it, determined to stay awake until her companions return. The half-elf wanted to make sure they came back.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sure.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

It is 16. Sorry. Are you ever going to fail a check? No -2 for intoxicated maybe? And the AC has shield bonus added cause I got a heavy shield. I'll alter it to 19 and change when I actually use it.

Why must you always make things hard Quell? the priestess thinks watching her spell fail yet again. She wished she prepared another casting but alas, no such luck.

I'll give Command(fall) a shot then. Same target. DC 15


Ok...I'll take -2 for intoxication. So Garreg failed his check...sort of a delayed reaction after he spoke.

Chell uses her command on the sober thug that moved up to Torgue.

will save henchman: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The man drops to the ground face down.


Evil GM

Sorrin and Bri as a reminder are you checking out the barrel with the false bottom?


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Very carefully, but yes.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue runs to -A,8 and then -B,8. Drawing his club as part of his move (done)


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

And that's why he is called "the Merciful". Thanks.

"Tie him up and gag him and lets get out of here."


Evil GM

Bri you get the false bottom off and discover the following:

Bri and Sorrin:

600 gp, a fake eye made from a sapphire of exquisite quality (500 gp), an emerald brooch (200 gp value), a silver and mother of pearl signet ring of the Church of Quell -much like what you've seen Chell wearing on her clergy garb, three pearl necklaces (100 gp each), and a thick gold bracelet (100 gp).

I need you to make 2 appraise checks DC 14 get the value listed.

One perception check on the items.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Oh s#~$ Sorrin, I'm willing to bet this ring came off priest of Quell. I bet you Chell would be interested in seeing this."

"And a fake eye? Eeww, wonder if it was actually used. We can ask if any missing priests had one eye."

Bri just tosses the items into her bag for now, given her current conditions, she'd rather wait to be in a well lit and well ventilated room before appraisals are done.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

appraise 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
appraise 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


Evil GM

What are you doing with the commanded henchman? You are able to tie/bind Garreg and get him ready to carry. I assume Torgue will be carrying the prisoner.

Bri and Sorrin are you rejoining chell, torgue, and Cir?

7,101 to 7,150 of 14,076 << first < prev | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.