Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


6,901 to 6,950 of 14,076 << first < prev | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | next > last >>

Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

from the hex: wrote:
The creature will not wake due to noise or light, but others can rouse it with a standard action.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue hefts his club.

All right here! Looks like we are gunna do this violently. I tell you right now, anyone who tries to stop us from getting Garreg is going to ground into the floor. Torgue thumps his club on the ground.

Garreg worth dying for or ending up a crippled begger? Anyone who says 'no' sit down or get the hell out.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"Bonegnaw was arrested and his menagerie defeated yesterday. I am sure you already heard. So unless you want to share their fate I suggest you sit back down and enjoy a round on us. Bartender, what's your best brew?" Chell says from her seat near the door. Things looked tense and she hoped they would see reason rather than red.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

I'll pay for a round of whatever for everyone to avoid a fight here.

Edit: Or Togue could just scare them. Nice good cop bad cop going.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

At the "ballz" comment, Straight from the City of Brass.


Evil GM

The two goblins scuttle out of the way once torgue speaks along with two of the serving wenches. The others remain but the others remain standing. "You ain't no dragoon but they are." One of the customers points to three men Sorrin moved between. Those men are standing but they don't have uniforms on and they have a steely gaze about them. One replies, "Nice an easy now...you ain't no dragoon and this situation don't need to get worse. But you're under arrest."(B:11 is talking)

Everyone make a perception check

Updated map

*I moved a few pieces off the map the servers who went hiding. I also put the goblins outside the door.


Evil GM

torgue which opponent are you trying to intimidate. I get what you are trying to do for show but intimidation is against "an opponent."You clearly scared the goblins out of the dive.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Never said I was a Dragoon. Don't kill those three, in case they are Dragoons.

Perception, +2 extra - hidden/traps: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Guy at C-11 if he is the one who is saying he is a dragoon

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

I just made the connection between the treasure map that Sagacious Sam was drafting and Garr Bloodbane, leader of the Ring. I wish I had realized it before so I could have asked Boneduece about Garr's treasure hoard.

Thumbing through her notebook, Astrianna pauses as she realizes Garr Bloodbane, leader of The Ring, may have had a massive treasure hoard. She knows Sam sure as the nine hells wasn't giving up any information on the map.

Can Astrianna make a knowledge: local check about the treasure horde?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps
Torque2 wrote:
Guy at C-11 if he is the one who is saying he is a dragoon

He said another three were...


Evil GM

I like that you just connected a dot...pieces of the puzzle starting to fit. Astri you really need to go about asking questions to investigate Garr's hoard.

Astri as you jot a few notes into your journal. An older broken man, wearing shambled patch-worked clothing trousers that are tan-grey, cloak of patched grey and sea-blue. His left side of his face is puffy the clear signs that he defended with his face. He carries a small sack that looks dirty and worse to wear, he has only a rusty hilt dagger on his belt.

He steps up just as last call is ordered, his eyes needing, in a weak voice he mumble "M...miss...pardon but can you spare just one drink." His beggar eyes star at you gin.


Evil GM

intimidate=10+HD 6+wis 0= DC 16

The man's voice cracks a bit when he mentions everyone is under arrest as he sees Torgue meaty hand and club.

torgue only:
Torgue you spot our of the corner of two deadly threats at I and J 2 and 3. They are standing but have not made any hostile actions, but you clearly see they are assessing the threat level. You actually think they fit the bill of the nightslinks described by the tulita.[/ooc]

[NOTE: Cireladwan if you are back in town let ups now, I'll hand wave and say you are with this group a the the barnacle.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

"We aren't the Dragoons, but their gold spends as well as anyone elses when they have a job that needs done. Like when they wanted that Gnoll captured and brought in."


Evil GM

bri with that roll you can look under Torgue's spoiler above.

"Imperson'ting a dragoon be a crime...where's da writ." Back at the green Dragon I do suspect. If I do recall torgue and Sorrin were not present and part of that official writ. HA "Ain't got no r'ght 'ere." the tension is at an apex.

Chell diplo takes a minute of conversation even with you offer of a drink (arguably shortening the time) and the talk that is happening this is a hostile crowd now. Especially with the aggression shown towards Garreg.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

What aggression? Wanted for questioning is all... I didn't even have a weapon drawn. Any aggression has been fabricated.


Evil GM

You announced your presence capped with garreg hitting the floor.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Potato, potah-to. I love you, man!


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Got it I figured I'd need to ask around.

Astrianna looks up from her journal as she sees the old man, and looks him up and down. She looks away and continues to write in her journal while calling to the bartender. "Bartender, a glass of whatever this man wants."

She finishes the thought in her journal and gestures for the man to sit down. Taking a sip of her gin, she turns toward him, a hint of pity in her voice. "What's your story, old man?"

The homeless always had a story, true or not, and she wanted to be entertained.


Evil GM

"Quell's blessin' to you madam for your kindness. Firewhiskey if it's not too much trouble." He sits down next to her at the bar. "My story?" His shaky hand reaches for the glass of nerve tonic. "Best safe cracker there ever was...or was that the best wizard, I forget." He chuckles as his fingers wrap about the glass of holy water. He picks it up and nods to Astri, "Many thanks."


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue turns his head and looks at the men in the corner so they know he saw them.

Aww. Come on Embri, don't go saying things like that. Torgue waggles his finger. No dragoons here, just need Garreg for a bit. Not gunna do anything like kick him in the head, pinky promise.


Evil GM

without taking an combat action is there anything else those in the bar are going to attempt?


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Not going to unleash just yet.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

In my defense, slumber isn't incredibly obvious and he was drinking in a bar. People pass out all the time in this place I am sure."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna laughs at the man's unexpected humor. Yes, he would do for dispelling the boredom. "Welcome. I've been many things to many people, myself." She sips her gin before realizing it was mostly empty, and just downs the rest. Her head would be swimming soon enough.

"You can call me Astri. What's your name? I've probably heard of you, given your fame." She jests.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorry, drawing a blank.


Evil GM
Embrianna wrote:
In my defense, slumber isn't incredibly obvious and he was drinking in a bar. People pass out all the time in this place I am sure."

They don't know who did it, for all you know they think the man moving forward yacking about some writ did it.


"LAST CALL, FINAL LAST CALL. Anything more for you two sweetie?"


Evil GM

"I'm the legendary Xander Brim...or as those that know me, the man who has taken up too much oxygen." He sniffs the firewater and finishes the glass. "Acceptable...I've had better...but hey, when you beg for a livin' does it really matter." You see his bloodshot brown eyes, there is touch of vacancy to them...yearning for death.


Evil GM

The off-duty dragoon - if that is what he actually is - comments, "Now, why don't you all calm down, back away and leave then nobody needs to go up to the Fort and we can chalk this one up to booze."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

We're taking him in. You're welcome to come with, suit yourself. We can sort it out at the fort. I'm certain Commandant Gregory Bonedeuce will want an explanation.


Evil GM

One of the guys standing near Garreg, "Ain't gonna happin', whatcha do t'him anyway?"


Evil GM

I just deleted all of the party's coded initiative rolls by accident. I'll need to recode those tomorrow. In the meantime, roll your initiative, butdon't do an attack roll, yet.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

I'm gonna come get Garreg, now. How is ends, is up to you. Sorrin moves toward the wanted criminal.

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

This is exactly how I would expect Sorrin to operate, nice job. Curious to see how this pans out.

The bard looks at him thoughtfully for a moment, then smiles. "Xander Brim? I suppose I haven't been around here long enough yet, haven't heard of you. I'll tell you what... you'll go in the book I'll be writing, immortalized forever in my daring tales." She looks to the bartender at the mention of final last call, motioning for her to come close.

"Got any absinthe?" The half-elf glances back at the old man. "Want to ride a green dragon?" She doubts he's going to refuse, and orders a glass for each of them as their final drink. Those eyes... he has no life left in him. Sad, he might as well be dead. Perhaps I can help him derive but a bit more joy from the material plane before passing in front of Pharmasa...


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Chell steps between Sorrin and the sleeping man and places a hand on his chest. "Sorrin. Don't. Not now. I'll go get the writ while you tail him if he leaves," she whispers to him. Then loud enough so the others can hear. "Its getting late and we should probably forgo another round of alcohol for the night." She then turns to the off-duty officers. "I apologize for my friend. We shall take your offer and cause now more trouble here. Won't we," she say's finishing with a cold look to Sorrin.


Evil GM

The bartender pulls out a dusty bottle of absinthe and uncorks it, she pours to large glasses. "A gold t' settle the account." She smiles and begins to wipe the bar a last time before she calls it a night."[/b]

The man's hands still shake as he reaches, "The drunk god showed his favor by pissing on me one last time. Many thanks miss" He lifts the anise flavored alcohol to his cracked lips. he savors the long forgotten taste. "What bring you to Port."


Evil GM

Spoiler:
You attention focuses on Sorrin and those around him, so you don't notice anything else.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Out of my way... Sorrin produces a length of rope. His intent to tie the man up.

Has Chell lost her mind?


Evil GM

I think she's just trying to preserve your life actually.

"Git 'em boyz" the off-duty dragoons and the patrons converge.

I need to roll out initiatives.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps
Commandant Gregory Bonedeuce wrote:

To Astri the Cammandant replies, "Well, it seems like you've been busy since arriving at Port Shaw. How fortunate for us." His finger on his upper lip. "My inquisitor was able to get a descriptions of recent purchasers, and some we have the name of the the two top suppliers, a human named Garreg Meldenbourne within the city. Then there is a nasty gnoll by the name of Bonegnaw."

"Reliable information has revealed a shipment is coming in at the Crook Back Pier by barge. It would be nice to break that up and find Bonegnaw's hideout."

His eyes twinkle, "Get to the bottom of this and you can be my guest for dinner at the Kraken's Gullet."

Not sure why dragoons (off duty or not) would be drinking with a known drug dealer... Oh well. It's been a few days since the quoted conversation and I'd assume (although I could be wrong) that the identity and description went out to the dragoon patrols.


Evil GM

Initiative order:

Sorrin rolled a 15 previously.

chell: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
bri: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
torgue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
cire, you decide you wanted to be with the group: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

off duty dragoons: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
patrons: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
basel: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Branard: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
garreg: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Initiative order:

Barnard
off duty Dragoons
Cire
Basel
Bri
Sorrin
Chell
torgue
patrons
Garreg

RD 1 Map


Evil GM

RD 1: Barnard

The man in the corner continues to assess the risk but does not act - yet. (hold)


Evil GM

RD 1: off duty dragoons

The two off duty dragoons grab saps or and the sarge unarmed strikes you aand begin to whack at Sorrin (non-lethal damage]

sarg, flank, shaken: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 17;damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
sarg, flank, shaken: 1d20 + 4 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 - 2 = 15;damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

footman, flank: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18;damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

He jumps on table (D:10) drawing an AOO form Sorrin and Chell:
jump: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

He whacks down at sorrin's head.
footman, height: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21;damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

He stumbles as he tries this move, so he was not able to attack.

Updated RD 1 Map


Evil GM
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:
Commandant Gregory Bonedeuce wrote:

To Astri the Cammandant replies, "Well, it seems like you've been busy since arriving at Port Shaw. How fortunate for us." His finger on his upper lip. "My inquisitor was able to get a descriptions of recent purchasers, and some we have the name of the the two top suppliers, a human named Garreg Meldenbourne within the city. Then there is a nasty gnoll by the name of Bonegnaw."

"Reliable information has revealed a shipment is coming in at the Crook Back Pier by barge. It would be nice to break that up and find Bonegnaw's hideout."

His eyes twinkle, "Get to the bottom of this and you can be my guest for dinner at the Kraken's Gullet."

Not sure why dragoons (off duty or not) would be drinking with a known drug dealer... Oh well. It's been a few days since the quoted conversation and I'd assume (although I could be wrong) that the identity and description went out to the dragoon patrols.

The answer should be quite obvious.

You should remember you have seen dragoons in uniform drinking at this bar before.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorry, Boss... daft moment. I'll let you know when I connect the dots... if I connect the dots. Or, obvious has a different meaning down south.

So, do they have swords but are choosing "saps"? Or do they not have swords or other more lethal weapons?

I remember uniformed dragoons, sure.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Evil GM

They have sheathed swords but are using saps, except for the sarge he is using his fists - improved unarmed.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin bobs and weaves, avoiding the blows. I've not drawn steel... Why protect a known and wanted criminal?


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri sighs. I'm sure I could of lured the man upstairs or we just could have waited until he was leaving to grab him, but no, there had to be a scene. I think Chell has the right idea with a strategic retreat for now.

"Just calm yourselves and we'll take our leave. We've no reason to fight with you."

Bri tries to wave the others towards the door, wanting them to head on out before she does. She'll stay right by the door as she looks to see if Chell and Sorrin are coming.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:
baldwin the merciful wrote:

The bartender pulls out a dusty bottle of absinthe and uncorks it, she pours to large glasses. "A gold t' settle the account." She smiles and begins to wipe the bar a last time before she calls it a night."[/b]

The man's hands still shake as he reaches, "The drunk god showed his favor by pissing on me one last time. Many thanks miss" He lifts the anise flavored alcohol to his cracked lips. he savors the long forgotten taste. "What bring you to Port."

Astrianna chuckles at the sight of the dusty absinthe bottle- it was a rare taste, but she loved the stuff. She typically only touched it when she wanted to get really drunk, but this was a special occasion. Reaching into her pocket she puts a gold piece on the bar.

Taking her glass in hand, she sips it slowly, the wormwood and concentrated alcohol assaulting her pallet. The bard smiles. "Cayden Cailean always said "Lend a drink to those in need..." The lightweight half-elf was already on the edge of inebriation, and as the green liquid works its way into her system she couldn't help but answering his question with gusto. "I'm an adventurer. Problem solver. Warrior, poet, mage, scholar, I can do it all. I'm here to start a legend in Shaw..." She pats her journal. "...and I'll be writing it as I go. One day I'll get published in the Pathfinder Chronicles, there's no doubt. You hear about the gnoll Bonegnaw? That was me... and my companions. We thrashed him, gods, there was this chimera..."

She starts telling the whole story to the old man and anyone who would listen, pausing only to take a sip of her drink and get even more sauced. The events were definitely more embellished than usual and she may have killed a few more enforcers than she actually did.

Perform: Oratory: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Chell's intent was to not draw innocent, for all we know, people into the scuffle. And seeing as we just had a lovely dinner at the Commandant's behest it seems like a bad idea to fight the Dragoons right now.

Chell holds two fingers to her lips as if blowing an imaginary whistle. When she does exhale, she spins, releasing a billowing fog rolls out amongst the patrons. Under cover she dodges around the Dragoons and heads for the door. When she clears the fog she looks back once to see if Sorrin leaves too, then keeps going for the door. He can deal with his own stupidity.

Cast Obscuring Mist and flee. I think I can get to C6 and hope the dragoons won't take the AoO. I am not going to take mine.

6,901 to 6,950 of 14,076 << first < prev | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.