Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


7,051 to 7,100 of 14,076 << first < prev | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | next > last >>

Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

I see your point. Awesome, write our own writs!


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

I think that whirlwind of wonderful RP is over. So what's the plan? Does Garreg leave? Anyone sticking around? Should I roll for stealth?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

It's a role playing game, RP is never over. I'm just giving everyone else some screen time. I do suggest/hope that planning happen in character.


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Cireladwen and her void-black eyes are at a loss with Sorrin. She splutters a little, and then begins to pace. If it were up to her, and she a stealthier sort, she would go and shadow Garreg for a day before passing any judgements. However, stealthy... she was not exceptionally such.

"You mentioned Garreg... traffics in whores?" she asks rather stupidly.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin smiles, she may have heard him. Yes, but there is the more urgent matter of a dwarf carrying what looks like a body or side of beef... And, the probability that those inside are directly or indirectly responsible for disappearing priests.

It is in my nature to act, but trust is needed. Can I trust you, Cireladwen?


Evil GM
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
I think the writs are clear, after Astrianna opened one up and read it. They are written by Boneduece to give permission to an individual to break laws for the benefit of the dragoons' goals. They specify the number and names of individuals it covers, what actions they can take, where, and when. Once the seal on them is broken they are no longer effective, and we don't know what's inside without opening it and a subsequent forgery roll to re-seal it.

Sorrin, Torgue, or Cire were not covered by the original writ. Sorrin choose not to go to the fort, so the commandant had no reason to include him in the document. And the other two were not in the party yet.


Carla step up, "Hey...yer th't guy wit my brother." She begins to rock back and forth, nervously and a bit ashamed.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Name's Sorrin. But yes, I'm that guy that was speaking with Roland.

You've nothing to be ashamed of, speak your mind.

Sorrin keeps his eyes on the dwarven figure down the alley, if it's still visible.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:
I see your point. Awesome, write our own writs!

Astrianna can forge writs now that she has his signature and the basic structure, but she would need a good reason to do so. She knows the dragoons don't just put people in jail over things..


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:
I see your point. Awesome, write our own writs!
Astrianna can forge writs now that she has his signature and the basic structure, but she would need a good reason to do so. She knows the dragoons don't just put people in jail over things..

Wasn't asking, just noticing we could.


"It's w'rk, pays my way. whatcha outh're for." Her troxy drawl lingers. She seems to finally notice the fog coming out from the front door. 'Y'all burning 'em out of there is that smoke?"


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Commandant said he wanted Garreg for questioning. Dragoons in there don't seem to care... You know why?

They taking orders from someone else?


She chuckles, "Bastard's as corrupt as the three in there. My broth'rs too naive t'believe. Ev'ry one's on the take." She scoff's, "Those three work fer Garreg on the side, run his protection, keep his business running without too much hastle. soemtime's some smaller fish are caught fer show." She looks to the door and then back to Sorrin. "they may be corrupt but they are the law...death wish if y'kill 'em, but if you do you need to dump 'em in the vat of acid...no evidence."

She sighs, "You want me t' get Garreg out 'ere?"


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"If you can think of a way to do so that would leave the dragoons inside."


She unlaces the top of her blouse, "Yeah, I can come up with a way."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Are we checking the dwarf... in the... alley with the... body?


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Why don't you just tell us Sorrin. After that lecture obviously we can't make the right choices."


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"Sorrin can handle it. He doesn't seem to care about collateral damage and its only one dwarf. When Garreg comes out I can hold him and Torgue can overpower him." She then turns to Carla. "Thank you for your assistance. If you need some in return we would be more than happy to help. Sorrin might have a job that doesn't involve any more unlacing."

He also has the best stealth in the group I think.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

I apologize, if Sorrin offended... But, he doesn't. This would be a great opportunity for any characters who thought Sorrin was hogging the leadership role to step up.

There seems to be an urgency with the dwarf/body situation, the only reason he brings it up. Cross-post with Chell.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

I can't see in the dark, dwarves can... Can any of us, see in the dark?

Didn't I see you with a snake?. Sorrin looks to Embrianna.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Oh for goodness sakes. I'll go, I can see in the dark and I can make sure no one will recognize me later. I'm sure that everyone who meets Sorrin remembers him."

As she speaks, the normaly ghostly pale Bri becomes dusky skinned, her ebon hair lightens slightly to dark brown to match the color of both her eyes and her ears are now slightly pointed. Most surprising of all the she seem to have turned into a male.

Using the disguise hex

Also this should solve the problem of a female walking alone at night :)


Evil GM

So Chell you notice there is cool breeze blowing the fog out of the open door and windows that should concern you a bit...a potential spellcaster inside. Carla slips inside the tavern.

Sorrin hesitates a bit about venturing off in the dark without night vision, the evening moon is shining and there is plenty of light for anyone with lowlight vision.


Evil GM

Bri:
when you slip down the side of the building and get to the rear you see a cellar door, it has a lock and chain but they are unlocked right now.

A little further back on the property you see an outbuilding that is puffing smoking from a chimney. The building looks well back and you suspect that it is his distillery. You do not see the dwarf but you gather he walked form the cellar to the outbuilding.

Make perception check.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin follows Bri a bit, giving her room, while keeping her in sight .


Evil GM

Sorrin read Bri's spoiler and you can make that perception check. It is scent based not vision based.


Torgue, Chell, and Cireladwen prepare for Garreg. A few minutes pass and he hasn't shuffled out yet. There's quite a bit of laughing and hooting coming from inside. More time passes.

Bri and Sorrin are not back yet...when you hear giggles from a girl, "Garreg you've all hands, hun, I've plenty of sug'r fer you. Oh..Henrix, ya gonna join th' fun with us...a little threesome." The signal should be clear for the ambush.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue adopts a clever disguise of a drunk in the trash. Something he has often done before.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Perception, +2 hidden/trap: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Evil GM

sorrin:
There is distinct acidic smell in the air both from the cellar and coming from the still which is farther back. You do see that the chain around the cellar handle has not been relocked.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin tries to wave Embrianna back...


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Give that Bri kinda stalked off, I am not sure that she even knows that Sorrin followed her, plus with her roll I doubt she would notice the wave even if she did know.

Bri tries to gently and quietly open the door just enough to peek into the entryway.


Evil GM

Bri you did not notice sorrin's wave. although you do see a cellar double door that appears unlocked and you can see the still in the tree line.

Which door the cellar or the still are you looking in?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

I hope they don't make beer out of the leftover goop from dissolving bodies.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin closes the distance between himself and the would-be scout as he draws his blade.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Cellar first


Evil GM

Bri you pry the cellar door open and there are stone stairs leading down, it's dark but your darkvision has not issue seeing the black and white.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin finds a place to hide and wait, outside.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Evil GM

Torgue, chell, and Cire three poeple come stumbling out of the front door. the girl: Carla and the Gaarreg, and one of his hencman. I assume you were semiconcealed around the corner/trees to avoid detection.

You all get a single standard action as your surprise round.

Map Surprise RD


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue lurks in a heap, a puddle of ale around his head. He wanted them as far away from the door as possible before he lurched into action.


Torgue continues to feign being the drunk on near the side of the building.

"Move ov'r you sloth." The henchman barks.

the continue to walk towards the side of the building. On thing you do notice is there are no windows on this side of the building.

I assumed Chell and cire were on hidden under a tree.

Updated Map


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Growing more uncomfortable in the dark, Sorrin reaches for a sunrod. He does not light it, however.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Bri tries to listen for the sounds of anyone in the cellar.


Evil GM

Bri doesn't see anyone or hear anyone coming form the cellar, so she proceeds down inside. The hint of acid lingers. As she searches the room you notices two things: on one wall is a well hidden passage and the the other items is one of the empty barrels has false bottom.

Map for Bri and Sorrin


Evil GM

Astri a man with a nasty looking dog comes into the bar at last call. "gimma a a fric'n room you sleazy wench." His temper is a foul as his dog's growl. He is wearing twin short swords, chainmail, and is smoking a Tulita cigar. Attached to his bandoleer are three scalps. He also has a rapier with a familiar looking hilt.

straight intelligence check. no taking 10/20 on this one.

The bartender nods, clearly she recognizes this man and slides him a key down the bar along with a large tankard. Others within the bar avoid him or act like they are asleep on the floor.

I'm alibiing here to keep you active while the others get through their side quest.


Evil GM

So every group has something to do now.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

*Hyrggghh Ohkkiess. Torgue shuffles so he is between the two and the possible escape route. (about A,2)


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin lights the sunrod and joins Bri. At this distance from the cellar door, it should not alert anyone outside.

Sorry about the light. See something? If we get locked in, we're... Well, not in a good situation.

Perception, +2 trap/hidden: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Sorry. AFK for most of yesterday.

Gonna wait until they get further from the door before doing anything. Intend to cast hold person on Garreg and Command on his buddy. Unless Garreg makes the save in which case command on him too. Hopefully alcohol has been involved and he won't make it.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Got it. Kind of busy this afternoon fyi. Hmm I think this is a Salty Dog but Astri doesn't know that of course. Guessing that's Dirk's rapier...

Intelligence: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Astrianna eyes the rough-looking man. She is unarmored and unarmed expect for a dagger on her boot, given she was just relaxing in the tavern. Certainly not someone she wants to pick a fight with, judging by the scalps. The rapier hilt looked so familiar...

7,051 to 7,100 of 14,076 << first < prev | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.