Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


7,151 to 7,200 of 14,076 << first < prev | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | next > last >>

Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri replaces the false bottom so that it is not obvious that someone has just been in it and then she is ready to go with Sorrin to rejoin the others.


Evil GM

Sorrin and Bri by the time you rejoin the others they have subdued and captured Garreg, he appears unharmed, and Chell is strutting around like peacock. :-)


Evil GM

where are you going back to? You've stored another prisoner at the chapterhouse, so that would be a logical location until the morning. Of course, you could store him then gather up Astri and head back over to the barnacle.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Wouldn't the Dragon's Tail be closer? Or could we head straight to the Dragoon's headquarters? Better to have Astrianna for obvious reasons.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

I vote chapterhouse

"Chell, I think we should head back to the your Chapterhouse next. Not only have they helped hold prisoners for us before, but we found something of interest to take back there for inspection."

Bri will take the signet ring out of her bag and hand it to Chell.

"I think the Father should take a look at it and see if he can identify if it is from one of the missing priests or not."


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue is disapointed that he didn't get to thump Garreg and so just gives him a couple of slaps.

Chapterhouse sounds good.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"I didn't know Father Zalen did that," Chell says confused. Holding a prisoner didn't sound like something they should condone but Garreg was definitely an evil man. At the mention of the ring she takes it and gives it a once over.

K:Religion? on the ring: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Evil GM

Chapterhouse is much closer. I only mentioned that because you've held a prisoner there before. The fort at this hour...probably not the best thing to do.


Evil GM

No religion check was really necessary for you chell, it is clearly a symbol of Quell.

Chell your spine tingles as you realize this is a holy signet ring of a priest. It appears to have initials engraved on the inside band but they are hard to make out in the moon light.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Well, I don't think it's thing he does often, but he doesn't seem to mind when we have a valid reason for seeking him out and not having a place to keep the prisoners before hand. I mean, we could just sit on Garreg ourselves until morning and then see Father Zalen sometime tomorrow, but I don't think he'd want to wait if this is actually a clue to your missing fellow clergyfolks."


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

What's that backpack? You have an Everburning Torch? Why yes. That might help out. Use Everbrning Torch for a better look at the initials.


Evil GM

Chell are you pulling out the torch while near the tavern or are you doing this on the way back to town?

Have you decided where you are heading? doesn't matter much to me either chapterhouse or the Green Dragon?


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Chell reaches for her Everburning torch but then turns to look at the tavern. Best not to draw attention. We did just kidnap their employer. She was anxious to look at the ring but not that anxious.

Light it up away from the tavern but I have a feeling she is going to want to see where they found it herself.


Evil GM

Make perception check Chell

The cleric anxiously draws out an everburn torch and tries to make out the engraving inside the ring.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri will split from the group when they near the Dragon. "You guys head on over to the Chapterhouse. I'll pop over to the Dragon and fetch Astri to join us. Assuming of course that she isn't still out with the Commandant. Though he really didn't strike me as the type to keep a woman over long enough to make breakfast."


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Earlier, Sorrin had secured the secret door in the same manner they'd found it.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Carna, are you going to be alright?

After taking their leave, Sorrin inspects Garreg & friend's gear.


Evil GM

The cellar is secure in the same manner as you found it, or at least you believe it so. Carla will leave with you and head back towards town.

Chell on closer examination you notice the inscription reads: A.N.


Evil GM

The friend only drops for 1 RD, the duration of the spell. He'll stay prone and quiet while Torgue hovers over him. He'll fight, and cause a commotion if anyone does more than hover over him while he is prone. He certainly won't give up his gear willingly.

Garreg will try to break the enchantment.

will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

The smuggler does break the enchantment but we'll have this after you've gotten him away form the tavern.

Gearwise Garreg is wearing a nice chain shirt (msw), mwk light crossbow 10 normal bolts. 10 other bolts: 5 bolts are +1 and 5 bolts are +2. +1 silver dagger, +1 punching dagger, +1 short sword, msw sap, +1 ROP, +1 cloak of resistance, 6 small bags of dragon smoke ($200 GP each), 10 PP, 347 GP, 112 Sp, 769 CP. 7 small gems (opals and pearls) each worth $50 GP.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

If nothing else the drugs are enough to get him.

A.N? It can't be. "Oh by the Gods. It can't be." She gets a panicked look in her eye and looks around wildly as if hoping the man she thinks the ring belongs to will pop out. Finally she settles on Embrianna and grabs her shoulders. "Where did you find this? Did you find anything else? Can you show me?" The first clue. The first real clue. Chell's face can't seem to settle on an emotion. Happy, sad, anxious, constipated? Then as an afterthought, "Torgue and Cir can make sure Garreg is comfortable. Please show me."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Didn't mean to set anything off with the gear post. I'd thught they were both gagged/bound, by the time we got there. Checking gear is standard operating procedure.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue makes sure Garreg is nice and comfy with his soft hemp rope and warm mouth gag.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin observes as Chell moves through the range of emotions, with all the trust of someone watching a spitting cobra.

What are the initials?


Evil GM
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:
Didn't mean to set anything off with the gear post. I'd thught they were both gagged/bound, by the time we got there. Checking gear is standard operating procedure.

I was actually getting ready to post up all the gear then decided to double check the two spells, then I realized command was only 1 Rd and Hold person was a save each Rd.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

It does? That sucks.

A.N." An when that doesn't evoke the emotion she is hoping. "This might be the ring of Archibald Noeliss. The previous head of the chapterhouse. This is the first clue I have gotten to what happened. And even if this isn't his ring it is a Quell signet ring."


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:
Didn't mean to set anything off with the gear post. I'd thught they were both gagged/bound, by the time we got there. Checking gear is standard operating procedure.
I was actually getting ready to post up all the gear then decided to double check the two spells, then I realized command was only 1 Rd and Hold person was a save each Rd.

Don't worry, Torgue's fist is a DC 30 Hold Person


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Cireladwen moves over and sit atop Garreg, acting as serene as one can be while sitting on top of a crime kingpin.
On the bright side, she's spritely, and not all that heavy.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

If we don't... question him now, we may not be allowed the chance.

We may never get the answers we need.


Evil GM

Just so everyone is on the same page. I had you all moving away from the tavern and back towards town. You all know if you stayed much longer you'd run the risk of being seen by someone or something. Unless someone absolutely objects I'll handwave you all being back at the Chapterhouse where you've stored a prisoner before until he could be safely moved to the Fort in daylight. At the chapeterhouse you can question the man, someone can go check to see if Astri is back at the Inn, and information about the ring's discovery can be learned or discussed at the Chapterhouse. I want to get the whole group back together.

Timewise it is now 3:00 am.

Bri gets back to the Green Dragon and knocks on Astri's door.


A blurry-eyed Father Zalen stumbles to the doorway of the room where you have the prisoner located. 'Shhhhhh, a little more quiet, we have some people trying to sleep." His eyes focusing on the situation. "Dare I ask..." He frowns slightly while rubbing his forehead.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 8/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna's resolution to stay awake until everyone was back lasted about... 30 minutes. Bri would find her asleep in her room, and she jolts awake when the witch knocks on her door and announces her presence.

Sighing, the half-elf drags herself out of bed and opens the door, looking tired. "I'm guessing this is important and couldn't wait until morning...?" She remarks sleepily.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7
Zalen Trafalgar, Quell Cleric wrote:
A blurry-eyed Father Zalen stumbles to the doorway of the room where you have the prisoner located. 'Shhhhhh, a little more quiet, we have some people trying to sleep." His eyes focusing on the situation. "Dare I ask..." He frowns slightly while rubbing his forehead.

"Yes!" Chell says, thrusting the ring into his line of sight. "If this is what I think it is then we have our first clue. But we couldn't stay because of him," she says nodding to Garreg.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue rolls up with a trussed up Garreg over his shoulder. Got ourselves another drug-dealer. We have a collection starting up.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri would have dropped her disguise before barging into Astri's room. No need to give her a panic attack...

"Yes, come one. We got Garreg at the chapterhouse now and we think we also found clues about the missing priests. We're going back to the chapterhouse and see what Father Zalen has to say about the ring we found."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 8/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna processes Bri's words as she rubs her face with a hand. "Guuuh. What do you all have against sleep? This really can't wait until tomorrow? I mean, good job with Garreg, but I thought we were taking the day off?" She sighs and lets the woman in to her room, slowly getting changed and putting on her gear.

Tightening the last strap on her shiny new mithril breastplate, she slings her haversack over her shoulder. "Okay, okay.. let's go. So there was a vat of acid or something under the Barnacle? That's a great way to dispose of bodies. The smell of the still covering it all up... very clever."

Waggling her fingers Astrianna casts Disguise Self, taking on the form of a very dangerous-looking scar covered man. The man sniffs, and walks out of the room with swagger and confidence.


Father Zalen reaches out to take a look a the ring shoved before him. He then looks at his own matching one. "Hmph...it's the ring given to priests that lead chapeterhouses." He examines the inside and shakes his head. "A.N." Exhaling. "Archibald Noeliss. Where did you discover this clue?"


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Barret's Barnacle and that dwarf was hauling another body into the out building.

Could be another priest of Quell, Roland, whistle blowing dragoon, rival, Tulita or a working girl.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"We need to go back there," Chell adds. "But tomorrow I think. They'll be looking for us right now. Might need to stay here and watch Garreg in case they come by." Though she says this she is also highly anxious to get back. She paces nervously and wrings her hands as in a bid to get rid of the excess energy. The first real clue and many others. The Barnacle turned out to be a hive of villainy. Bad cops, the missing priests, Nightslink, Garreg. Damn it. Sorrin was right.

When she can get a moment alone she approaches the man. "I am sorry for leaving you behind in that situation. That place is as bad as you said. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have hesitated." She lets the apology hang there for an appreciable moment before continuing. "But none of us knew it which is why I acted the way I did. And I would do it again. I would prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt before passing judgment. I know the Dawnflower advocates swift justice for evil. But she also advocates redemption when possible. Many people here would take that if only there were someone to show them a better way. Its never too late to change."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin speaks softly... Apology accepted. Would be nice if that benefit was sometimes extended to me. That's neither here nor there at the moment.

You keep wanting to wait, but evil doesn't. That dwarf had a body, could be alive now, dead tomorrow. Save a life, now? Regret not doing it tomorrow?


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

As soon as you apologize I might think about it. Evil doesn't have to wait because it doesn't care who gets hurt along the way. That's what makes it evil. Do you realize what this town would be like if all the authority figures thought like that? Yes it would be a lot safer. But no one would have any freedom. Everyone would be scared of doing something that looked remotely wrong for fear of the Dragoons barging into their lives and detaining them. It would be a cold, bleak place that few would want to live. It would be tyrannical. It isn't much better here but I believe there is a happy medium.

You should be CG and I should be LG at this point.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin is not chaotic. Life, freedom, beauty in that order.He is driven, but most of what he does is for others. He is open minded enough to use temporal law and/or chaos as needed to defend life, freedom, beauty and vanquish any that threatens them.

He's had a noble if foreign upbringing, and things in terms of elites, masses, politics, power plays and vaccuums. A king is indebted to his subjects and would gladly sacrifice for them. True leadership, not subjugation. Port Shaw, as is... disgusts him. From Hargrove, to the Dragoons all the way down the chain. The Wave Riders or something akin must return and right the balance.


"have you questioned this one yet?" He motions to Garreg. "What has his tongue waggled?'


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 8/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Emrbianna and Astri will travel back to the chapterhouse in disguise as burly no-nonsense men!

I have to agree with Chell that Sorrin appears to be chaotic good, but alignment is whatever you want it to be.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Nope, we had to skedaddle back here. Torgue replies to Zalen.


Evil GM

Sorrin = CG; Chell = LG, but the lines blur.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin approaches the acting high priest, his hands together. Father Zalen, my name is Sorrin and I am a child of the Dawnflower. I see much of what goes on in Port Shaw and know I am meant to be here, to help.

It was clear there was a lot of acid, enough to dissolve multiple bodies. And we saw a dwarf, carrying what appeared to be a body to the outbuilding. The body may have been dead or alive, Father. Or not a body at all.

What should we do? What would Quell's wisdom counsel? Act and perhaps save a life? Or...


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps
baldwin the merciful wrote:

What is the party going to do. Torgue mentions the nightslinks, and some acid grog. Cire mentions seeing dwarf with a sack (probably a body she thinks) Sorrin, chell and bri observe the sailor customer go back inside and Carla propositions Sorrin.

Inside the bar it is loud and lots of swearing about the fog. the windows and door open up.

I'm just playing off this...


Father Zalen removes the gag and offers a bit of warm water to the captive. The man responds."K'dnapp'n a crime...I'll 'ave yous hanged fer this."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

During questioning Sorrin is concerned with Lt Commander Perrin, Sgt Daerenar, who they really take orders from and their sphere of influence.

If he speaks up, we won't tell the Dragoons he did. If he doesn't, we will tell them he ratted. It's all about saving his own hide.

7,151 to 7,200 of 14,076 << first < prev | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.