Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


6,851 to 6,900 of 14,076 << first < prev | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna is very surprised to hear Torgue say Hargrove asked to meet them, and requested the perform a task for him. "Kidnapped children...? Hardgrove's plantation? Of course, I doubt there will be much fuss from the group if there are children involved. Torgue, I am so glad you wandered up that day on the dock... We are rolling in jobs now, and soon the coin will rain from the heavens." The bard gives him a friendly pat on the shoulder. She was very clearly in a good mood.

Collecting her bag from the large man, she slides her violin inside and hoists it to her shoulder. "The Commandant has invited me to his abode. I'll meet up with everyone at the green dragon tomorrow, so we can get started on whatever it is we decide to do next. Ah, I love it when there are more jobs than time!" The half-elf starts to saunter away to ride off with the Commandant, whistling.

Taking the Commandant's hand, she laughs heartily. "Why, thank you. Everything they say about your fiddling is true- Shelyn herself surely took note of your performance tonight. Might I see concerto if we have time?"

She returns his wink with a grin. "I play a great deal many instruments, Commandant, it may be until the morning light before you experience all of my talents."


Evil GM

I take it the party is going to head to the Barnacle after they change from their outfits.

The party has not issue getting back to the Green Dragon and the chapter house to change into adventuring gear. roughly 1:00 am in the morning your group converges on Barrett's Barnacle.

Map 1

* Cire is going to call it an night so it is only four PCs (torgue, Chell, Bri, and Sorrin)


Astri the carriage coahcmen is accompanied by driver. You see two gaurd near the rear of the enclosed carriage. the coahcman open the door and greets the tow of you taking you and hand assisting you onto the carriage. The commandant enters after you. he sits and immediately pours tow glass of champagne. He clinks your glass, "To pleasure."


"I've an apiary just out of the city and the bees produce the most tantalizing raspberry with a hint of huckleberry honey you've ever tasted." He takes picks ups a bowl of honey with honey dip from the carriage ledge, then drizzles it over your nose, chin and neck. he moves in slowly then kisses your pouty lips before he tastes the honey.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue is battle ready.

Ah..So much better than foppy robes. So....what is the plan?


Evil GM

Barrett's

The rotted door of the Barnacle swings both ways on its hinges. This becomes apparent as a dwarf crashes out onto the porch. Rolling to a stop against a post, the dwarf vomits on himself without further delay. As the door creaks in and out, glimpses of the dark interior reveal several figures sprawled on the floorboards and a buxom but toothless serving maid
stepping none too gingerly over the bodies. Her clogs grind fingers under heel and wedge in between ribs as she stomps to a nearby table.

Inside the girls and boys work for what ever coin they can garner in an evening.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Hey Snorri! I told you to ease up on binge drinking, work that drink and you'll still have coin for breakfast.

Torgue flips him an alchemist kindness. It seems that while he is willing to give advice on the best ways to drink, 'Laying off the hooch before your liver dies' is a foreign concept.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna is more than happy to step into the carriage- it had been a while since she had a ride in one. She smiles as the glass of champagne is poured, and clinks glasses with him. "To excitement." She ships the exquisite beverage and sighs happily. The half-elf had sorely missed being wined and dined by wealthy, influential men, and all the fun (or trouble) it caused.

She raises an eyebrow at the mention of honey, and laughs playfully as it is drizzled over her. "Is that so...?" She sticks out her tongue and catches some as it is drizzled, and returns the kiss with a grin. "Mmm! Yes, the huckleberry is subtle. I hope you have plenty of this... We're going to need it. I don't believe myself or my companions properly thanked you for the evening out, so consider the rest of the evening part of our gratitude. I hope we can continue these amiable relations for some time."

The half-elf relaxes against the back of the carriage. "Seems even Hargrove himself wants us doing some work for him- tracking down lost children from his plantation or some such. The man is losing an unfortunate amount lately. With the Ring and the Nightslink being so active it was only a matter of time before they stepped on the wrong toes."


He playfully teases the bard as the carriage rumbles down the road. "The man is resourceful he'll get t the bottom of the mystery. We actually thought Bonegnaw was behind the disappearances, turned out he wasn't. That ledger was helpful and the gnoll did get quite talkative. Went so far as to say he had about 6000 gold that somehow turned up missing and he was crushed to when his drugs went into the ocean."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Did we take the time for a quick change at The Dragon? I doubt we should were our good clothes into this place.

Ick, what a big change from out night at the Kraken. I feel like I could catch something just by walking by this place.

Bri looks around, wondering if they can find a semi clean table to sit at.


Evil GM

Yes Bri everyone did get a chance to change.


Evil GM

Bri you see a table near the bar (F, G, H 11-14) that has four people at it one of the men fit the description of Garreg. You can also find a table to sit at.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna chuckles. "Things would have become quite awkward had we got dumped that 'smoke before the Lt. Commander stopped us... Bonegnaw kept babberling on about how the Ring sent us to kill him, and I let him believe it, but he didn't reveal much else. I suspect they are responsible for some of the thefts and problems my group is investigating... Can you tell me anything about them?"


"This secret society is something of legend in the town. Folks talk about this Ring" he finger quotes the word "but what I've found out is its a bunch of hoodlums or small gangs trying to appear to be more than they are not. The use of fear. He chuckles, "I've arrested plenty of alleged Ring members and they all crack into sniveling little babies under questioning." He rubs is chin, "The real Ring died out years ago when Jacob Razor rammed his sword in Pirate-King Garr Bloodbane. I know, I commanded one of the two ships that cornered Garr."


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue sits down at the table. [b]So, Embri..We gunna do some following around?[b]


"We got word of where Garr Bloodbane was going to be. Razor suggested his fast running man-o-war, Razor’s Edge, team up with me when I commanded the Pride. With no time to gather a fleet, we engaged Garr in the bedlam of battle. By the end of it, Pride was crippled and Garr’s Dark Lady rested below the waves. Garr Bloodbane himself met death on Razor’s sword during a brief boarding action. Unfortunately, Jacob Razor was killed by the pirate-king in a last desperate strike. So then died the Ring." He shakes his head, it's obvious that he doesn't like to talk about this dreadful battle.


When he finishes his story the carriage stops at his large home. The door opens and the coachman announces that Commander Chambers has urgent business at the fort. With that news, the Commandant will bid his farewell and tell his driver to take you anywhere you desire to go.

Astri you can make a sense motive check.


F Human, NPC Commoner/Entertainer

In side Barrett's Barnacle it is rowdy and loud. Several sets of eyes fall on you. There is plenty of steel in the room and various pople offering their favors for a few coppers silver. One wench comes around, 'Wh't'll be." She leans over to show everyone her heavy top. "Two silv'r per quicky out back." She offers.


Evil GM

Sorrin perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Sorrin notices Major Rowland's sister, Carna, leading some seahand out the front door...she is giggling.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna listens to the story of the Ring with great interest, and it would be clear to Boneduece she is making a chronicle of the matter in her head. "I see. A fabulous story, though I can tell it The remnants of a dying group. I will not consider them much of a threat then. This Jacob Razor wouldn't happen to be a relation of Bethany Razor, would it?"

She peeks out of the carriage and smiles at the sight of the large home, momentarily wracking her brain for the architectural style... Her thoughts are interrupted as the coachman informs the Commandant he has business, and she sighs dejectedly. Had I known he was just going to run off to work, I would have went with everyone else.

The half-elf teases him as he leaves. "I see why you have no time for fiddling lessons. Or any lessons." She bids him farewell. "Another time, perhaps, if you can find a day when there isn't a crisis- I'm staying at the Green Dragon."

She ponders her destination, and addresses the driver. "Would you be comfortable taking me to Barret's Barnacle? I have some business to conduct there. I understand if you don't wish to be driving around the Tide district at night."

Sense motive: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30

Edit: Almost forgot

Astrianna also requests the Commandant send her the writ they will be using to conduct their search for Thul. She can pick it up from the Fort or it can be delivered to her room at the Green Dragon.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue glances at the wench. Rum. When she leaves he says to the others. Don't get too sippy, it is rotgut. Just wet your lips.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Dragoons?


Astrianna Sparacello wrote:

Astrianna listens to the story of the Ring with great interest, and it would be clear to Boneduece she is making a chronicle of the matter in her head. "I see. A fabulous story, though I can tell it The remnants of a dying group. I will not consider them much of a threat then. This Jacob Razor wouldn't happen to be a relation of Bethany Razor, would it?"

She peeks out of the carriage and smiles at the sight of the large home, momentarily wracking her brain for the architectural style... Her thoughts are interrupted as the coachman informs the Commandant he has business, and she sighs dejectedly. Had I known he was just going to run off to work, I would have went with everyone else.

The half-elf teases him as he leaves. "I see why you have no time for fiddling lessons. Or any lessons." She bids him farewell. "Another time, perhaps, if you can find a day when there isn't a crisis- I'm staying at the Green Dragon."

She ponders her destination, and addresses the driver. "Would you be comfortable taking me to Barret's Barnacle? I have some business to conduct there. I understand if you don't wish to be driving around the Tide district at night."

Edit: Almost forgot

Astrianna also requests the Commandant send her the writ they will be using to conduct their search for Thul. She can pick it up from the Fort or it can be delivered to her room at the Green Dragon.

"Jacob Razor was Bethany's husband." He scribbles a quick limited writ permitting your hunt down and capture Thul.


Evil GM
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:
Dragoons?

You don't see any in uniform.


F Human, NPC Commoner/Entertainer

The wench comes back with rum for the table. "Ya wanna 'ave a quickie?" She runs her hand over Torgue's broad shoulders.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

I want her, I'll pay double. Sorrin indicates Carna.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Nah, hun. Thanks anaway. Torgue pays for the drinks.


F Human, NPC Commoner/Entertainer

The serving wench says, "Whenshe's dun wit 'im?"


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

No, now...

Everyone ready for this? Could get ugly.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Busy few days I see. Come back to 32 in Gameplay

Chell is more than happy to be back in something less constricting or...poofy. But it also means going to the Barnacle, a place that could be considered the exact opposite of the Kraken. Well maybe only in its outward appearance. She might have bet the Kraken was just as seedy just coated with a new paint job. Chell sits at the circular table close to the door. In case things got bad she could be the first out or the one to stop someone from leaving.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Unexpectedly busy day today.

The bard frowns at the information, but says nothing more.

Astrianna smoothly slides the writ into one of her coat pockets. "Adieu, Commandant, and thank you."

Anything on the sense motive? Does the driver have qualms about taking Astri to the Barnacle?


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Sorrin, just who are we aiming for here? We're here for another reason I believe.


Evil GM

You sense the Commandant isn't comfortable talking about the day Garr was killed.

The driver doesn't look please with the location you are heading to, but the Commandant directed the driver to drop you anywhere you desired.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna considers her options... and the time. I'm tired, honestly. Whatever trouble they get into at the barnacle I'm sure they can get themselves out of. Besides, I don't want to be the one responsible for getting the Commandant's driver murdered.

She instructs the driver to take her to the Green Dragon Inn, instead. The half-elf sighs, laying across the carriage seat. I miss out on all the fun tonight... such a pity.


Evil GM
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:

Astrianna considers her options... and the time. I'm tired, honestly. Whatever trouble they get into at the barnacle I'm sure they can get themselves out of. Besides, I don't want to be the one responsible for getting the Commandant's driver murdered.

She instructs the driver to take her to the Green Dragon Inn, instead. The half-elf sighs, laying across the carriage seat. I miss out on all the fun tonight... such a pity.

There is small crowd at the green dragon getting ready to lay out some bed rolls when you arrive back Astri. Other than the barkeep you don't recognize anyone else.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna steps out of the carriage, pack slung over her shoulder. She tips the driver a gold piece and bids him a good night.

Glancing around at the gathered patrons, she shrugs and heads up to her room to get changed, tossing her dress and fancy thing on the bed and putting on a comfortable blouse, breeches, and boots after removing her makeup.

Briefly considering sleeping, she decides she would rather celebrate her performance and have a drink at the bar. Besides, her companions had not returned yet, and she was becoming slightly concerned they would get themselves in trouble. No... it's their business they ran off without a writ. Worst case scenario I have to go get them released from the Fort tomorrow.

The half-elf heads downstairs, haversack slung over her shoulder, and pulls up a seat at the bar. She raises a finger. "Glass of gin. The good stuff."

She looks to see if there are any games of dice or cards going on, and judges the disposition of the people gathered this late at night.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18


You remember something about people sleep in the yard and bar floor for a few copper pieces and to you it looks like it's that time of the night. There two guys playing high card at the bar with the female barkeep. They only playing for coppers...no high stakes and by the look of them, they couldn't afford much anyway.

The barkeep step away from the game to get the gin she pours it, "Olive?"

"Last call," she announces.


Evil GM

Sorrin are you going to respond to Torgue?

You do see girl and sailor slip out that front door. The group near the bar seem to be looking at you and you also notice the dwarf owner has gone into any other room but he has left another person (human) to tend bar.


Astrianna Sparacello wrote:


The half-elf heads downstairs, haversack slung over her shoulder, and pulls up a seat at the bar. She raises a finger. "Glass of gin. The good stuff."

She looks to see if there are any games of dice or cards going on, and judges the disposition of the people gathered this late at night.

"So did my hangov'r remedy work?"


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna affirms the olive, and sips at her gin momentarily. Not much happening here. Normal people leading normal lives. There isn't even anyone here I want to bed, just a bunch of scags... I should have went to the Skull.

"Thanks." She sits at the bar for a few moments, staring at the glass before knocking back the rest of the gin, licking her lips. The olive is next into her mouth and she pits it with dexterous tongue and teeth, spitting the seed into the glass.

The half-elf takes out her journal, ink, and pen, jotting down notes about the day under the flickering lamp light. Her head swims from the gin. Damn Boneduece, leaving me like that. What could have been more important than spending the night with me? Ridiculous. I should run off next time he tries anything, just to show him.

She starts when the barkeep interrupts her brooding, and gives a small laugh. "Oh, yes, thanks again. It definitely woke me up and got me moving. I had a hard time finding a shag to finish it off though, my standards are much too high sometimes."

Bluff: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

usually I roll 20's on unimportant things.


Evil GM

Not even the ol'reliable Thalios hanging around for you Astri.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

He's probably breaking the heart of a wealthy merchant daughter, I can't blame him.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

I was going to move scene forward, start some scat. Do we, can we, assume Bri shared her Garreg spotting?

As to responding to Torgue, it's difficult to discuss plans in front of the people we want to surprise... It's like when folks enumerate the party members and their strengths/roles to NPCs.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri will of course share her Garreg spotting :)

Bri speaks quietly to the people with her. "So, how we handling this fellas? Jump in or try subtlety?"


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

I'm a fan of subtlety and nuance... Sorrin steps across the bar room floor and away from his own group, towards the bar.

Garreg Meldenbourne!

You and only you, are wanted for questioning by order of the Dragoons. Resist at your own discretion. Obstruction of this writ, will not be tolerated.

(C,10)


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Facepalm
Facepalm
Facepalm
Facepalm


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

The second one made me chuckle.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Oh holy hell. Why am I not granted a spell of silence.

Deciding it's too late to sleep Sorrin, Bri focuses her attention on Garreg, willing him to fall asleep.will dc 17

"Please, everyone be calm, we do not wish to fight. Just to take this man in peaceably for questioning."


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Andrea did the same thing in Council of Thieves by blabbing off in front of a paladin that she broke the law.

Well that is one way to do things. Torgue loosens his club and gets his booze ready.


Evil GM

The second one made my chuckle Chell.

Sorrin stand up and announces his intention to take Garreg and only Garreg down and that gets everyone's attention in the bar. the four people at Garreg's table all stand as Sorrin speaks and everyone else in the bar stands, most drawing weapons of various sorts.

"he's gots sssssome ballsys" One of the patron's announces.

I have a few things to do then I'll roll initiative and get a map later.

will save vs sleep hex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

There is clunk as Garreg falls clunking his head on the table before he hits the floor. Bri can he recover from sleep if he is jostled? I'm swamped right now so can you look that up for me.

6,851 to 6,900 of 14,076 << first < prev | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.