Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


6,951 to 7,000 of 14,076 << first < prev | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | next > last >>

CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

The imagery on casting the obscuring mist reminded me of Marry Poppins for some reason. Except Chell didn't fly off into the sky.


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Cireladwen wakes up to the chaos unfolding, surprised she even nodded off. She glances at her ring momentarily, and then at the rampaging men.
"What?" she asks, dignified and calm.

What the hell is going on?!


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Waiting...


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue looks dissapointed. Can't we try to drag Garreg out>


Evil GM

Chell you successfully cast your spell and escape without incident. The dragoons paid you no attention.

Sorrin what are you going to do.


Evil GM
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:


Astrianna chuckles at the sight of the dusty absinthe bottle- it was a rare taste, but she loved the stuff. She typically only touched it when she wanted to get really drunk, but this was a special occasion. Reaching into her pocket she puts a gold piece on the bar.

Taking her glass in hand, she sips it slowly, the wormwood and concentrated alcohol assaulting her pallet. The bard smiles. "Cayden Cailean always said "Lend a drink to those in need..." The lightweight half-elf was already on the edge of inebriation, and as the green liquid works its way into her system she couldn't help but answering his question with gusto. "I'm an adventurer. Problem solver. Warrior, poet, mage, scholar, I can do it all. I'm here to start a legend in Shaw..." She pats her journal. "...and I'll be writing it as I go. One day I'll get published in the Pathfinder Chronicles, there's no doubt. You hear about the gnoll Bonegnaw? That was me... and my companions. We thrashed him, gods, there was this chimera..."

She starts telling the whole story to the old man and anyone who would listen, pausing only to take a sip of her drink and get even more sauced. The events were definitely more embellished than usual and she may have killed a few more enforcers than she actually did.

The old man chuckles and laughs heartily at some of the bard's story. "Homer couldn't have told a better story. All good stories should have a strong protagonist, and those tales are made even better when she is also the storyteller." He sips the drink. "Surely, someone as great as yourself could spare a few coins to help an old man down on his luck. Perhaps our winds were meant to converge here this very evening. You with all your gale force and me nearing a dead calm, maybe ...just maybe you are the wind that'll fill my sail...again." He smiles, "I could be at your service for the right fee."

One thing that you've noticed Astri is Xander is quite intelligent.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna is quite sauced at this point, having drank all of her absinthe, and laughs along with him. The half-elf is steady in her seat but she's clearly letting all the booze go right to her head. "Oh yeah.... thanksh. All true, all of it, I swear." She hiccups, covering her mouth. The bard pulls out her canteen and gulps the water out of it, wiping her mouth afterward. "HMMMmm yesssh. Yesh I'll hire you! Yeah that bastard Sorrin... always he's hiring peoplesh, thinking he runs my show.... I'll show 'im. I can hire people too. I got the responsibility. Give you a.... purpose! Yeah... We got a ship... the one I told you 'bout. Need sailors. I want the Baron of the Tides y'know, but those fools are daft... can't shee the value... the speed. You a sailor? What do you do? I think yer a wizard. You remind me of wizards. Smart man like you, can't waste it."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Leave.


Evil GM

Sorrin uses the cover of the fog to slip away and back out of the tavern.
The other's follow closely.

Once outside you can hear some groaning coming from the side of the building.

Everyone can make a perception check.

By the way, does anyone want to tell Sorrin why the off-duty dragoons were drinking and willing to defend a drug dealer/pimp?


Evil GM

"Hmmm, a job offer? From your glorious tale it sounds like there is risk involved that of course carries a premium. Yes...yes I know my way around a ship but haven't been on one recently...damn sorcerers with their blood magic are the latest rave. Nobody wants versatility these days. I'm a bit short on gear lately....damn drink and a bit of bad luck with my bets. Lobster tastes but a mudbug budget." He chuckles. "What do you have in mind young lady?" His eyes sparkle a bit. "Do you need something translated...or perhaps, a scroll?"


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

What's that noise?

Perception, +2 hidden/trap: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

You know, lobster has an interesting history. Used to be poor folk's food, fed to prisoners and soldiers. How Lobster Got Fancy

Astrianna nods her head in understanding, gesturing as she speaks. "I knew it! Yer a wizard! What's yer specialty? 'Course... 'course... No one 'ppreciates arcane arts these days unless it's lightning shootin' out of the finders of some peacock of a sorcerer... the reward of hard study 'nd contemplation! It's versatility! I thought about being a wizard myself...studied it a while at the military academy... but they told me, my voice was too sweet, yeah? They were right!" She laughs."Then I learned bardic magic..quite different.." The half-elf growls a bit. "Damn Sagacious Sam. Always puttin' bardic magic down... Sure you know that prick. Why's he gotta be so damn good.. Hey! Can you do enchantments? Love to undercut that smug bastard."

Lifting her hand, she massages the bridge of her nose as she tries to think straight through the alcohol. "Not only that... A skilled wiz'rd on the sea can make the difference between life and death... Yeah, I want to see what you're made of... I can think of a few spellsh, be handy t' have around, make some scrolls. How about a Scroll of Alarm? I studied that spell, I can cast it from a scroll... After that might have you make some Enlarge Persons... Torgue, that beast, he 'comes a force of destruction when 'e's 3 meters tall."

She pulls out some coins from her pocket she was keeping to pay for alcohol, and slides them across the bar to him. "I like ya, Xander. I'll pay you the cost of one Alarm scroll up front. If ya don't spend ALL the money on booze, get yerself scrubbed, shaved, and decently clothed an' get the scroll t' me... prove I can trust you... and I like your Art... I'll hire ya on as my PERSONAL wizard.. deal?"

Astrianna gives Xander 25 gp for the scroll of Alarm plus the change she dug out of her pocket... totaling about 14 silver pieces. She also books him a room for the night at the Inn.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

I have every intention of getting the writ unless this reveals something important.

Chell leaves the tavern and meets the others. When Sorrin doesn't appear she worries he might have still tried to fight. She doesn't hear fighting but that might mean it ended quickly. She turns to Bri and Torgue, "Keep Sorrin out of trouble and an eye on Garreg if he leaves. I'll go get the writ and maybe Astrianna if she is back." She then sprints off in the direction of the Green Dragon.

When she arrives she is in such a hurry she nearly misses Astrianna sitting at the bar. "Astri." the priestess says hurrying over to her. "Excuse me," she says to the older man before turning back to the bard...who is getting very drunk. "Astri, where is the writ? We found Garreg but there were Dragoons and Sorrin might get arrested." If that wasn't enough to sober her up, nothing would.

When she has the writ and possible a still tipsy bard, she hurries back to the Barnacle where things are hopefully still not out of control.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Torgue rumbles out of the bar. Uh...Garreg is going to be long gone soon now that he has been made. Dragoons have been drinking here before off duty, and wasn't there something about one of them is a bad cop and working with smugglers?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

I'll wait for Baldwin to say if Chell can do as she planned. Also, fun fact, the writ Astri has is for the capture of Karskor Thul, and has nothing to do with Garreg as far as Astri knows. Not that anyone but Astri knows that.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Either way we know Bonedeuce (heh bone) wants in your pants so that's gotta work for us.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Well he's not doing a very good job. I actually misplayed the situation when he ran off, Astri should have offered to go with him and help solve the problem, being the Action Girl she is. Even if he refused, she still should have offered. Oh well.


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Perception:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Cireladwen stays closely behind Sorrin.


Evil GM

chell go to the camp info tab, then click on the maps tab (8th one form the top), you will see a link called Port Shaw labeled. That will show you how far you are from the Green Dragon Inn. It is safe to say it's a haul and through the dangerous outskirts. Running it at night, alone, and being female is not advisable.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Well, then. Not doing that. So what do we perceive?


Evil GM
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:


How about a Scroll of Alarm? I studied that spell, I can cast it from a scroll... After that might have you make some Enlarge Persons... Torgue, that beast, he 'comes a force of destruction when 'e's 3 meters tall."[/b]

She pulls out some coins from her pocket she was keeping to pay for alcohol, and slides them across the bar to him. "I like ya, Xander. I'll pay you the cost of one Alarm scroll up front. If ya don't spend ALL the money on booze, get yerself scrubbed, shaved, and decently clothed an' get the scroll t' me... prove I can trust you... and I like your Art... I'll hire ya on as my PERSONAL wizard.. deal?"

Astrianna gives Xander 25 gp for the scroll of Alarm plus the change she dug out...

"So you only want this alarm spell to last 2-hours?" His shaky hands steady as he stacks the gold in one small column and the silver in another. "Seems a waste but heck...I'm hungry, thirsty, and down on my luck." He groans a bit embarrassed, 'You wouldn't have piece of parchment, ink, and well, a quill would you?"


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder
Chell Silves wrote:
Well, then. Not doing that. So what do we perceive?

Having a Torgue with you makes things better.


Evil GM

Sorrin and Chell perception:

You see the sailor and notice Major Rowland's sister, Carna, around the side of the building. The sailor leaning on the building and she's on her knees.

Torgue perception:

Torgue your keen nose picks up a nearby still.

Cire perception:
You actually spot a small building just into a tree line. There is a dwarf carrying something to building. It just seems odd at this time of the night.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Do I even know Carna? I can't remember if I was there for that.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna shakes her head, swaying a bit. "Hmm, well... I hadn't planned on using them for keeping watch.. Embri and Cireladwen only need to sleep 2 hours a day, some magic items they have.. rather, I was going to use them for investigations, or traps... But I'll defer to your experience." She gives him another 75 gold pieces. "I'd like two, each 4 hours."


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Cireladwen points to a small building in the trees, flaring her nostrils.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue's nose wiggles at the smell but he shrugs. Lots of people have stills.


Evil GM
Chell Silves wrote:
Do I even know Carna? I can't remember if I was there for that.

You don't know her but you just saw her leave with the sailor. Then sorrin demanded her company but the serving wench poo-pooed the request saying the girl was currently busy.


Evil GM
Torque2 wrote:
Torgue's nose wiggles at the smell but he shrugs. Lots of people have stills.

Make a profession or craft brewer roll. What ever you use.


Evil GM
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
Astrianna shakes her head, swaying a bit. "Hmm, well... I hadn't planned on using them for keeping watch.. Embri and Cireladwen only need to sleep 2 hours a day, some magic items they have.. rather, I was going to use them for investigations, or traps... But I'll defer to your experience." She gives him another 75 gold pieces. "I'd like two, each 4 hours."

"I'm so embarrassed but can you lend me a couple sheets of parchment, that quill your using and well a vial of ink."

the website has quirk this evening and I can't access the account to create a new avatar....i was planning on making Xander Brim one.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Craft-Brew: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna provides two sheets of parchment, pen, and inkwell. "I'll want the ink and pen back, of course." She yawns and stretches, watching the wizard work. "You going to work on this all night? I'll probably stay awake until my companions get back, wherever the nine hells they are."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Noticing they both spotted Carna. If she doesn't earn enough or tries to leave the life, Garreg will once again... beat her into submission, obedience. Hope you're pleased with your decision, back there.

We could have done a lot of good. For her and countless others.

Sorrin moves away from the scene, unsure what disgusts him more.


Evil GM

Torgue only:

You smell the brewing of grog but there's a second underlying odor that the grog is covering...it smells acidic.

sorrin there are ways to lure an person out without charging in. there are more than one way to skin a cat. Bri had a good idea that she'd could be persuasive.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Agreed.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Bad grog. I knew this place served Rotgut, just like that ship The Wormwood that practically poisoned the crew for some insane reason.

Torgue spits on the ground


Evil GM

Just waiting on the others to post.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

I think I went out the front and Sorrin the back right? Either way she doesn't know what is going on and therefore, wouldn't interfere with Carna.

Reviewing the map, it would be quite the walk but not that dangerous. I could just head through the fields east of the city. Following the wharf and then up the main street would definately be bad.

"And you would have done as much bad involving people not involved. There are other ways of doing this. Right?" she says looking hopefully at the others.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Crushing skulls of those who are just there and trying to keep us from tearing the place apart? Yea, I get it.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

You mean the goblins? They left.

Everyone else... quite involved. Perhaps making it possible and reaping the rewards. Don't worry, they will use her... pass her around for their pleasure or profit, and taunt her honorable ex-dragoon brother, who they framed for a crime he didn't commit.

Other ways, sure... Lots of ways to do lots of things, you've got all the time in the world. Maybe we should go sleep on it, on full bellies, find some missing priests first. Maybe we'll find the time tomorrow or the next day.

Maybe, just maybe... she won't be dead yet.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

I understand Astrianna so much better now. "Sorry Sorrin. That isn't going to get to me as it does Astrianna. I am used to petulant children. Now how about we come up with a plan to put him away that doesn't involve us going to jail or causing damage to local establishment? Any productive ideas there?"


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

I'm all out... I will await mother's wisdom.

Are we walking, talking, outside the barnacle chillin', etc...?


Evil GM

the only way out that you all are familiar with is the front door.

chell all that land between the barnacle and city proper is the known as the outskirts...the slums. The party has been attacked heading to amaya's shack in that area is the past when they first arrived in Port. so the city is at the core, then the slums/outskirts, then the large plantations lay further out. the slums are sandwiched between the city and the plantations for the most part.

You guys are all outside milling about Basically standing in front but also catching a look around the sides of the palce. I've provided everyone different information for what they perceive while outside. All but Bri since she did not roll a perception check. those inside have not - yet - come outside, nor have you walked around the building.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Unless you have proof those Dragoons were corrupt, we could have been strung up for fighting them. How would you go on to help anyone else in that way? If you are that concerned, just grab the girl and give her money to catch the first ship out of town."


Evil GM

Updated Barret's Barnacle Map

this will give you and idea of where you are standing.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

We can talk forever. If you don't see things my way, that's your right. Point is, in a situation like that back there... You can either count on your companions or you cannot.

It is obvious, I cannot. And that in and of itself is very dangerous. I want to neutralize Garreg's influence.


Evil GM

Sorrin, Chell and Bri see the girl and sailor on the side of the building finish up. He gives her a few coins and ties his pants and he begins to walk toward the front door. She hangs back for a a little bit examining the coins and stuffing them in a small pouch.

The sailor sees you, "Warm'd 'er up fer ya." he laughs as he nears the front porch.


Evil GM

chell one other vitally important thing that would prevent you from finding Astri, the last you heard she was heading to Boneduece's place not the Green Dragon.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Too kind.... Sorrin offers a curt smile.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

I know but it probably took us a while to change clothes and get over here.

"You do the most talking but say the least," Chell says under her breath. A little louder she adds, "If he doesn't sleep here we can wait until he leaves and follow. Or I have a Hat of Disguise still. Embrianna could go in as a different woman and persuade him to leave alone."

I just realized that fog is going to be there for a while. A good 50 min if no one opens a window. Would that make Garreg leave?

6,951 to 7,000 of 14,076 << first < prev | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.