Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Tomb of the Emperor Gods -- PbP

Game Master Tarren Dei

This PbP started with Entombed with the Pharaohs and continues with The Pact Stone Pyramid. Many of the characters travelled to Osirion after completing a PbP based on River into Darkness.


4,401 to 4,450 of 4,710 << first < prev | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

As fireflies, do we have any kind of resistance to fire at all? Also, just as a note, even if we are just 'hand-sized', that's still a pretty darn big firefly! And Sykala, don't you worry your pretty little head about any of this. Cuz seriously? With out our little savage, deadly and (can't think of the word I want at the moment but 'swiss army knife-like') druidess along, we'd all have been SOL a looooong long time ago. Many times actually. So just keep up the great work!


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

What he said. Versatile, flexible, resourceful. Life-saving.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Versatile is the closest to what I was looking for...resourceful and adroit work as well. Thanks for getting the old grey matter restarted Ovirid


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Hey, if anyone has old grey matter in this game, it's the dwarf. I blame the mumbling.


The croc attacks. I'm making rolls in the open as the situation is serious.

The croc creature attacks the elemental with claws, a bite, and a tail. 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 311d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 301d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 221d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 181d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 93d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1, 1) + 2 = 6

It looks like he hits on the claws and bite but not tail for 18 points of damage. Is that right?

In order to attack he drops the small chest he had been holding.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Ovirid's not old, he's just seasoned. Tarren, where exactly does the chest drop too? And did you say there is a hole in the bottom sandwall yet or not?and boy, this certainly is an interesting module, for it's clear none of the PCs were ever expected to live through it. I certainly see why you picked it


Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:
It looks like he hits on the claws and bite but not tail for 18 points of damage. Is that right?

Actually, the elemental's AC is 18 so all four attacks hit for a total of 24. Add the 14 it took earlier and it's at 38 (out of 42). On it's last legs.

Sykala burrows upward through the stone at full speed while waving the Ovirid firefly to join the others. She double moves 60' feet so that should put her at the top I believe (can't run while burrowing). So right with the fireflies at the top.

The earth elemental continues to pound the sand wall.
To hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20


Korian, when he drops the chest, it falls to the ground -- the densely packed sand wall that the earth elemental and him are standing on (it functions as a wall of stone).

The earth elemental's pounding at the wall takes him further through. He is clearly past the halfway mark.

As for no one being meant to live through this module, if that were the case, this dude would have wings.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Ovirid buzzes up to join the other fireflies.


This would be round 3 of combat. Unless I hear something from the fireflies the croc will act.


Female Human Cleric 7

Refina continues to buzz with the others


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

He doesn't?? Since as far as I know, our only options are to fly and buzz, Korian will continue to do those, long as it's keeping him away from that crazy counting croc.


The croc attacks the earth elemental again.

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 311d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 181d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 251d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 211d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 103d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3, 4) + 2 = 11

Having sent the earth elemental back to its plain of origin, he picks up the chest he dropped and glowers at the lot of you.

"Do you know how long 6000 years is? 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... 4 ... 5 ... 6 ..."


Female Human Cleric 7

Refina would answer but being an Insect simply hovers there.


"...7 ... 8 ... 9 ... 10 ... 11 ... 12 ... 13 ... 14 ..."


"...15...16...17...18...19...20...21...22...23...24...25..."


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Ovirid lands and blinks in time with the creature's counting for want of something else to do.


"...26 ... 27 ... 28 ... it's even longer when you are as impatient as I am!!"

He points at one of the fireflies and utters an oath in infernal.

I'll roll a d5. 1 it's Korian; 2 it's Ixius; 3 it's Refina; 4 it's Ovirid; 5 it's Jinx-fly. Whoever it is will need to make a Will save.1d5 ⇒ 3

Will save Refina.


Ummm, do I get actions during this time? I assume I do since he did a full attack on my earth elemental, picked up a box, and is then casting some sort of spell.

As the weird crocodile-scorpion thing rends the elemental into pieces Sykala motions the fireflies to gather in the corner near her just before disappearing into the wall.

Tarren:
Sykala disappears through the side of the shaft and then reappears above the sand wall It's level with the top of the shaft? Upon arriving above the sandstone wall she shifts back into human form. That's the round he kills my elemental. Do I get another action before he casts his spell? No worries, I understand your probably trying to speed things up.


Female Human Cleric 7

Will save

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


Sykala, sure. Take your action. We'll retcon if we have to but you don't want Refina to waste that roll.


The now human again druidess reaches inside a protective bundle of reeds sealed with wax to keep the contents dry. She pulls out a tattered piece of parchment and kneels by the side of the shaft reading the prayer off the scroll while placing one hand on the sandstone itself. The stone melts and shifts underneath her hand removing the sandstone blocking the shaft and forming it into a stone sphere that briefly seems to hover in the air just before it plummets straight down the shaft with a whoosh. CRUNCH! KER-CHUNK!!!

She uses her Scroll of Stoneshape (which she picked up in the last pyramid :) to create as big a stone sphere (13' cubic feet) as she can the still both fits down the shaft and passes the now gathered in a corner fireflies harmlessly. Heehee, how much damage does 2600 lbs. (average weight of stone is 200 lbs - Yay google!) of plummeting stone do?!

She yells out to her little buzzing companions, "Come! Hur-ry! Fly Fast!"


Female Human Cleric 7

Refina flys up the hsaft with all possible haste


How fast does a quickened greater teleport get Mr. Croc out of there? In all honesty, you took a few actions there and Mr. Croc could have acted during those actions. He'll settle for allowing you to temporarily retreat.


Moved discussion to discussion thread.


As Refina flies up, out of the shaft, past the firefly mural, she becomes human again.


Female Human Cleric 7

Refina breathes a sigh of relief as she returns to normal. "Hurry all of you passing the Mural seems to change us back."


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Ovirid follows suit, staying near the side. When he returns to his normal form, he breathes a major sigh of relief.

"'ll right, lass, thank ye 'gain fer savin' 's, but now 'at ye c'n talk, tell 's 'at ye seen. 'at 'as 'at thin'?"


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

Korian follows suit, waiting to hear the druidess' answer before deciding on his next course of action


Its not until the group gets back to the chamber with the sword stuck in the stone that Sykala even slows. Even then she points to the bottles of gaseous form Korian collected and says in Elvish to him, "Get those ready. If it can reach here we may need to use them to run again." After no immediate threat presents itself she stops her pacing and gives Ovirid a mystified look, "You mean croc-dile scor-pi-on thing? He come nowhere. Sneak up. Want fight me. Alone. Say hurt you. Stay not seem good. If I die...than nothing stop you die." She gives him a frown, "What is? Not nat-u-ral is what is." She seems physically uncomfortable and continues pacing, almost as if trapped, before turning back to Korian and switching back to Elvish, "I cannot become an elemental again today the strain is too much. We need to rest. I had hoped to do so outside the pyramid but now see we have to make do with someplace in here."


Male Human (Taldan/Osirioni) Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4

Happy to be in human form again, Ixius looks at Sykala's with concern.

"I guess it doesn't matter much where we rest, that thing can find us anywhere I think"


So far, you've gone through a hallway with a creature that kept reforming; a throne room guarded by something big and bandaged that gave you access to a smaller room beyond; a room with a puzzle, a room with the pipes where you met the pimped out man; the room at the other end of the pipes; the room Sykala entered that had a wall of sand blocking it off; the firefly chamber; and the chamber at the other end of the firefly shaft.


Female Human Cleric 7

"Ixius is right" perhaps it would be best just to set camp here then?"


Ixius:
You feel a strange tingling at the base of your skull. Make a Will save.


Male Human (Taldan/Osirioni) Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4

DM Tarren:
Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Ixius:
Whatever it was ceases to bother you.


Male Human (Taldan/Osirioni) Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4

"I think something was trying to get into my head."

With that roll it probably succeeded.


Sykala looks around Ixius' head, "Is bug?"


Do you need some information to help you make up your minds?


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Ovirid's fine with whatever the rest of the group decides. He's out of his element here, but he will do whatever he can to keep the rest of the crew alive.

That said, if the DM wishes to make secret knowledge rolls (or pretend he did) on the dwarf (or anyone else's) behalf, I'm good with that.


No, I just meant to check if you had any questions.


Waiting to see of Ixius' says more about what happened to him because, frankly, I don't know what to make of it. If nothing comes of that than I say we rest right here. If we need to get further away we still have gaseous potions to do so with.


Male Human (Taldan/Osirioni) Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4

"Not a bug, just a tingling. I don't feel it now"


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

More exhausted than he has ever been in his life, what with the many strange and harrowing things that have happened this day, Korian plops down and mutters "I am not going one step further."

Very soon after this he has arranged his sleeping pallet and is fast asleep. Jinx sits atop him, beady ever vigilant and bright.

Doing I happen to recall something about a full restoration once someone had got some sleep? Refina?? ; )


Female Human Cleric 7

Refina can prepare the spell but we need A 1000gp Diamond to remove the negative lvl and she can only remove 1 lvl a week

Refina settles down to rest for the night


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

Ovirid will keep watch first and covers the lights so that the area is pitch black.


Before resting Sykala will cast Detect Magic on Ixius to see if she can find the source of his "tingling". Yeah, yeah, I already know what your going to say is the source Ovirid...

Sykala will take second watch with the lights back on since she cannot currently see in the dark.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Wizard 6 (but Drained 2 levels)

zzzzzzzzzzzzz


Ovirid only:
You see something creeping from the other chamber. You can't see clearly what it is but the smell is vaguely reptilian. Make a Will save and keep everything in spoilers please.


Fighter (Shield) 3 / Rogue 4

DM:
I don't know if his +2 racial bonus against spells and spell-like abilties applies, so I will just mention it for you to include or exclude. The way I've been rolling, it will be immaterial, anyway...

Will save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

4,401 to 4,450 of 4,710 << first < prev | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tomb of the Emperor Gods -- PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.