Serious Website Issues


Website Feedback

51 to 100 of 360 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

I've also been logged out a couple times recently, after the site went down. Suspect the two were related.

Also, opening a subforum (say, GM Discussion) will sometimes send me to something other than page 1. So I'll end up looking at stuff from 2014, wondering where all the new content went. Going to page #1 often fixes this, but today the "first" link didn't take me to page #1 until the second time I used it.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Dean Ludwig wrote:
We are looking into these issues and will have answers momentarily... Please stand by...

Red 5 standing by


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Red October, standing by.

Liberty's Edge

Chris Lambertz wrote:
Marc Radle wrote:
Gary Teter wrote:
I see it now, that's a different paging through results bug. I'll add a note to my previous post. Thanks!
Gary, anything new on the strange iPhone message board display issues?
This is unrelated to the current site issues, and was not part of yesterday's code release. It's in the backlog of to-dos, but hasn't quite made it up the chain yet.

Ah! Got it!


Hmmm. Clicking the little x next to a thread to cancel the "# of new posts" causes the messageboard to reload.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I am also getting logged out every time I leave the site plus some other more minor issues.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Good to know it's a site issue. I was suspecting Firefox 57...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Random logouts for me as well.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Me too.
In fact it just did it to me now ...

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
The Sideromancer wrote:

I have also noticed that posting and then returning to the boards has the UI counting the post I just made as unread.

I mean, I'm pretty sure I check what I'm saying, but who knows, maybe my computer is lying to me.

Experiencing this too at this moment

Shadow Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Hunt, the PugWumpus wrote:
TOZ wrote:
Wheeeeeee forum bugs! *get a mallet*
{rubs sore noggin} I am not a bug!

..well you look like one.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
TOZ wrote:
Hunt, the PugWumpus wrote:
TOZ wrote:
Wheeeeeee forum bugs! *get a mallet*
{rubs sore noggin} I am not a bug!
..well you look like one.

A BugWumpus?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Thank you, Paizo team, for addressing this so quickly.

As always, you're all on the ball! Know that many of us see the good work you do and recognize you for it.

Paizo Employee Senior Software Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.

We're not going to push any new code today, so the statuses I posted on the first page of this thread still apply. We've fixed several of the bugs but a couple are trickier to test. The random logouts thing, I have a theory but no implemented solution yet.

Grand Lodge Director of Technology

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Thank you Bookrat for your feedback... Its much appreciated by all here at Paizo...

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game, Companion, Lost Omens, Maps, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber

I'm posting this here because it's the only place I can post ...

On the top-level Paizo Messageboards page the little triangles to expand/collapse a section no longer appear to be clickable. (Tested in Firefox, IE11, and Edge).

Additionally, when I go to the Website Feedback section (or any other section, as far as I can tell), I no longer seem to have the option to "Create a new Topic". That makes it rather hard to report this problem in the right place!


Pathfinder Lost Omens Subscriber

I'm experiencing the logout issue as well. Also very slow message board page load times. Is it time for a rollback?


Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I'm being logged out when I close a tab without closing the browser. Returning to Paizo I'm faced with a login screen

FF 56.0.2 (64-bit)


Hm. I've started logging out again.

I really appreciate all the hard work you are all putting into this, though!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

Getting logged out relatively quickly still, but I understand that's not news.

I haven't seen any references to "focus" threads not being sticky, which I am also seeing. Generally, my focused threads are the only ones I have time to deal with, so I leave that turned on all the time. I am having to turn it back on every time I come back to the site or get spontaneously logged out.

Just for what it's worth.

I have to echo other positive comments on your responsiveness, however. Other than the system spontaneously shutting down, as Gary referred to earlier, functionality hasn't been impacted for me, just convenience.

And so I remain standing by.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Add me to the list of those who are getting random logouts.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I, too, am being logged out every time. Also, on my campaign page the hidden campaigns show up every time. Even when I re-hide them.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Woran wrote:
The Sideromancer wrote:

I have also noticed that posting and then returning to the boards has the UI counting the post I just made as unread.

I mean, I'm pretty sure I check what I'm saying, but who knows, maybe my computer is lying to me.

Experiencing this too at this moment

I thought that was on purpose so that you could see the last post you read so that you could be sure that you weren't missing any.

I wasn't experiencing the problems reported yesterday until the whole site went down. Too early in my session today to be sure, and have not yet tried to elicit the more recently reported bugs.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm glad I'm not the only one at least...

I do appreciate it though. We strain these forums quite a bit... :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Tally one more who's getting logged out every few hours.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

+1 on the random logouts here.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I dont get logged out when I am participating, but if I shutdown my browser or bring my computer out of sleep mode I find that I am logged out when I come back to the site.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Getting logged out too.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pixie Rogue wrote:

Getting logged out relatively quickly still, but I understand that's not news.

I haven't seen any references to "focus" threads not being sticky, which I am also seeing. Generally, my focused threads are the only ones I have time to deal with, so I leave that turned on all the time. I am having to turn it back on every time I come back to the site or get spontaneously logged out.

Just for what it's worth.

I have to echo other positive comments on your responsiveness, however. Other than the system spontaneously shutting down, as Gary referred to earlier, functionality hasn't been impacted for me, just convenience.

And so I remain standing by.

+1

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game, Companion, Lost Omens, Maps, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber

Aha. The problems I reported earlier are, I believe, the behaviour you get when you're not signed in - apparently I was one of the many getting logged out again.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So far I haven't run into the bugs reported on Wednesday, but I still haven't had a chance to try out the bugs reported on Thursday.

Edit #1: EXCEPT: Not only does making a post and then returning to the boards count the post as unread for the purposes of which one it scrolls there if I go back (which is as before the bugs started), but it also shows as 1 post unread on the messageboards sidebar (which is new -- at first I thought it was a matter of my heading back to the home page too quickly after making a post, but while not consistent, it happens too often to be just a timing accident).

Edit #2: I just had an instance of attempting to edit a post (this one, in fact), having the edit not take, attempting to edit again, seeing that my edit was actually stored on the messageboards even though not displayed, and then having the edit take.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

This logout gremlin also appeared back in 2012 and 2014, according to a search of the messagebase.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Ah, it's good to know I'm not the only one experiencing the logout and that it wasn't intentional!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yeah suffering the logout issue also but hey its fixed when its fixed keep up the good work.

Arran


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Randon logouts here as well, whether on my home PC, my phone or at work.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Also keep getting logged out.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

For what it's worth, I'm also getting logged out at seemingly random intervals.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

Also on the random logout team (not a fun team).

Just feedback, not complaints. :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
UnArcaneElection wrote:

So far I haven't run into the bugs reported on Wednesday, but I still haven't had a chance to try out the bugs reported on Thursday.

Edit #1: EXCEPT: Not only does making a post and then returning to the boards count the post as unread for the purposes of which one it scrolls there if I go back (which is as before the bugs started), but it also shows as 1 post unread on the messageboards sidebar (which is new -- at first I thought it was a matter of my heading back to the home page too quickly after making a post, but while not consistent, it happens too often to be just a timing accident).

Edit #2: I just had an instance of attempting to edit a post (this one, in fact), having the edit not take, attempting to edit again, seeing that my edit was actually stored on the messageboards even though not displayed, and then having the edit take.

This is a very accurate description of what is happening with me.

As well, as a data point, using the "favorite" button sometimes just makes that button disappear entirely (it'll often have a little empty box where it used to be). This last part may, uh... may not be related to the general forums, use. I'unno. >.>
*cough*


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
UnArcaneElection wrote:

So far I haven't run into the bugs reported on Wednesday, but I still haven't had a chance to try out the bugs reported on Thursday.

Edit #1: EXCEPT: Not only does making a post and then returning to the boards count the post as unread for the purposes of which one it scrolls there if I go back (which is as before the bugs started), but it also shows as 1 post unread on the messageboards sidebar (which is new -- at first I thought it was a matter of my heading back to the home page too quickly after making a post, but while not consistent, it happens too often to be just a timing accident).

Edit #2: I just had an instance of attempting to edit a post (this one, in fact), having the edit not take, attempting to edit again, seeing that my edit was actually stored on the messageboards even though not displayed, and then having the edit take.

This is a very accurate description of what is happening with me.

As well, as a data point, using the "favorite" button sometimes just makes that button disappear entirely (it'll often have a little empty box where it used to be). This last part may, uh... may not be related to the general forums, use. I'unno. >.>
*cough*

I've had both UAE's problems, but I haven't seen Tacticslions'. Granted, I've only used the favorite button 3 4 times since the other problems started happening which is probably a couple orders of magnitude less.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So I understand there was a forum update yesterday (at least the extended period when the forum was uavailable makes me think so) since that event, I get logged out when I try to refresh a page, a bug that did not bother me before. anything in sight to correct this?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

An additional issue :

After logging back in, I get shunted to an error webpage that says "Content not found" or something to that effect. If I log out manually and log back in that doesn't happen, it takes me back to the page I was on before I logged in. I only get the error if I log in after being logged out automatically.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
mdt wrote:

An additional issue :

After logging back in, I get shunted to an error webpage that says "Content not found" or something to that effect. If I log out manually and log back in that doesn't happen, it takes me back to the page I was on before I logged in. I only get the error if I log in after being logged out automatically.

For me, it's "Your Search Didn't Match Any <something I've forgotten>."

For me, it's every time I sign in again.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

new weird issue, I sometimes get randomly sent to a page that is not the first/mos recent posts page on a given forum... the random logging out seems to have calmed down, at least for the time being


1 person marked this as a favorite.

As long these issues doesn't effect the subscriptions/PDFs then I will live:)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Klorox wrote:
new weird issue, I sometimes get randomly sent to a page that is not the first/mos recent posts page on a given forum... the random logging out seems to have calmed down, at least for the time being

I saw the same problem. I had to try two more times before I could get to the first page.

Also, I have noticed that "open in new tab" frequently sends me to pages other than the one I meant to go to.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I can leave the site and return and I am still logged in. However, when I refresh the page I am logged out.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

seemingly random logouts here as well.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

Don't know if this has been reported, but before the code roll yesterday, when I "focus", the threads would be sorted by "last date" a post was added with the "stickied" threads in that order.

Now the "stickied" threads that I follow are at the top, and the rest of them are at the bottom. Also, I have to sometimes (randomly?) refresh to get the threads in "last date" order as they are all over the place as far as sorting.

I also have the logout issue, especially if I switch from my phone to computer (or back).

Thanks for working on this.

-- david


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
Tacticslion wrote:
mdt wrote:

An additional issue :

After logging back in, I get shunted to an error webpage that says "Content not found" or something to that effect. If I log out manually and log back in that doesn't happen, it takes me back to the page I was on before I logged in. I only get the error if I log in after being logged out automatically.

For me, it's "Your Search Didn't Match Any <something I've forgotten>."

For me, it's every time I sign in again.

Paizo People

Your search didn't match any items.

I copied it this time. It's when it tries to go back to my personal page after logging in.

51 to 100 of 360 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Website Feedback / Serious Website Issues All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.