Iron Gods Campaign

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the Iron Gods campaign.

Treasure list

maps

images


451 to 500 of 2,074 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Leetia destroys the final skeleton

Loot: None.


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

"Oh gosh, I hope there isn't more of those." She unloads her crossbow and tucks it away.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur nods. 'That got dicey.' There is a brief shimmer as the young man's spell ends. 'Where to next?'


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Is anyone hurt and need healing?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz spits out a bit of blood onto the sand and checks where he was scratched, as he cleans his pistol and checks it. "Leetia, would you patch me up please? I've taken a few hits." He gestures to the northeast part of the cavern. "Let's keep on going once we regroup and have a moment to rest."

Zimdoz is down by 7 hp.


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Leetia will use an arcane resevoir point and use a level 1 spell slot to heal Zimdoz.

Leetia moves up and puts her hands on your shoulders. "Please heal." she whispers.
CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Where to next?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

I think we’re waiting on the new person and the question about HP in the discussion tab, but I suspect we’ll keep heading northeast.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz smiles at Leetia, ”Thank you, I feel much better. Is everyone else okay? If so, let’s press on.” When everyone is ready, he moves ahead towards the caves on the northeast part of the dome, keeping watch for traps and hazards.


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Leetia will move onward keeping alert.


The caves feature old remnants of crude plates, tools and weapons left behind by some kind of a primitive hunter-gatherer society. Here and there are cave paintings depicting four-armed humanoids in various acts of hunting strange desert creatures.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

”Everyone, take a look at these paintings. Do the four armed creatures remind you of anything? What in the world is this place, why would these creatures be behind a broken door of metal and tubes?”

As they travel, Zimdoz looks for any other tracks that might be from Khonnir, but otherwise he scouts and leads them into the cave, looking for valuables and anything else of interest.

Survival for Tracks: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Perception for Traps, Etc: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Head towards B8 and B9


There are some tracks leading from B8(where you are) back to the larger area where you fought the skeletons (B7). It looks as if the creatures you fought lived or resided here at some point.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur takes a moment to study the creatures, trying to see if they look familiar at all.

Know(history): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Know(local): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Know(nature): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Alldur, you are not able to really tell much about the creatures other than to know they are not native to Golarion


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

If nobody objects, Zimdoz scouts ahead to the inner part of the caves for anything of interest.

If there’s nothing else of interest, we head back out and cross to the south to B10


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

'Well, they're not locals.' Alldur offers. He waits as Zimdoz checks ahead, kicking at the bits of debris around his feet.


B10 it is - Grezzag, please feel free to bring yourself in if you're ready

A crisp glow of light shines from the northern wall of this cavern, although no obvious source of the light is apparent.


Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

As the party moves across the sands, a voice calls out from the west.

"Hallooo!"

Approaching along the rough path is a sturdy looking half-orc, wearing chainmail over standard travelling gear, with a well-kept double axe strapped to his back. A rough necklace hangs around his neck, being little more than a piece of string threaded through a number of various bolts and scrap metal.

He speaks as he approaches, "You're looking for Khonnir, the missing councilman, right? Dwarf lady at the town hall told me a bunch of you had already gone under today. Hope you don't mind if I tag along? I'm handy with a weapon, and I've had a bit of experience fighting metal contraptions. I'd heard the old man had dug one up from down here somewhere - and where there's one, there's probably more, and if you don't watch 'em closely they'll go crazy all at once."

"Oh, and the name's Grezzag."


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz was so focused on the paintings and the cave that he turned around with a start when he heard Grezzag approach. He squinted across the expanse of the cave and then waved.

”Good afternoon, Grezzag. I think it’s afternoon at least, we’ve been down here a little while... it’s nice to meet you! I am Zimdoz, and my friends and I seem to have made a bit of progress on our investigation. We’re pretty sure that Khonnir passed through here but... you should know.” Zimdoz smiles a bit sheepishly, ”We are pretty interested in exploring and discovering things here, too. We’re all dabblers, probably foolishly, in odd technology.” he holds up his dragon pistol.

”I was an apprentice of Khonnir, so he must have infected me with the bug of curiosity in my time learning from him. So far, all of our foes have been odd monsters and the like, but if I were to guess, we’ll find some automatons further in. I will let my friends introduce themselves, if they want.” He smiles at Grezzag, his black eyes shining a bit in the dull, omnipresent light.


Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

"Mindless technology ain't so bad." Grezzag says, looking at the strange firearm. "Those android types are ok too - they're people, more or less. But the robots in between is where you get trouble - smart enough that to cause trouble, dumb enough that there's no reasoning with 'em."


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz nods, "Wise words, Grezzag" and shakes hands with the new companion. "We are checking out these caves, then heading down to that door we saw to the south. We were attacked by the skeletal remains of what must have lived here, goodness knows how long ago. I have formulated my own hypothesis regarding the caves so far, but... let us continue on."


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

How many arms did the skeletons we just fought have?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

I thought they were four-armed, too, but I could be wrong.


Yeah they were 4 armed.

- Where to next?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

was B9 empty?


Yeah B9 was empty


Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

Looks like you were heading to B10 when I joined up.

Grezzag frowns at the strange glow. "Is the light invisible? That don't make a lick of sense." He pokes around, examining shadows and searching for the source of the light.

Perception : 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur considers Grezzag's words as the half-orc looks for a source of light. 'Not all that unusual.' He draws a small insect from a pouch on his belts and smashes the small creature between his palms, rubbing them together. Light springs forth from his left hand with no flame. 'There are many ways to create light from nearly any source with magic'


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

"Indeed." He scratches his nose, then takes out a small notebook at draws a map with notes of their environs. "I will avoid offering my hypothesis about this place but - Leetia, Alldur, could you check for magical effects periodically? I am curious about something" he packs his gear up, tidies himself and heads down towards the southeast when the party is ready. He periodically makes notes on the surroundings and updates his map.

Head southeast until they reach another door (presumably A10)


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

"Light is distracting." Leetia casts detect magic in the area.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

'No problem' Alldur takes a moment to do a scan of the room with detect magic before following.


A crisp glow of light shines from the northern wall of this cavern, although no obvious source of the light is apparent

Alldur you realise that the northern wall is magical


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz pats Leetia on the arm, ”I know - much easier in the dark, right? But Alldur can see at least.” He grins and clears his throat, and says excitedly, as they move south

”Now that is a surprise. My hypothesis is this: these caves were built by some kind of advanced species, not those primitive creatures who became skeletons. Moreover, I would expect little of what we find as we move forward to actually *be* magical. What we are finding here is almost a hyper-advanced extension of natural philosophy, combined with the mathematics we’ve all learned in our training, to make something more complex than alchemy or anything we might be familiar with. Almost as a parallel path to the magical arts. That is my hypothesis. To that end - we’ve been exposed to bits and pieces of this in Numeria, but what if these caves were built by those creatures that invented this technology? What if this was their base, and where all the stuff that has been found by us, and by the technic league, came from. Moreover, we’ve seen the odd tubes and strange metal discs, and we can’t really figure out what’s going on with them. What if Khonnir did, and that’s why he went down here?”

Zimdoz speaks quickly and in a squeaky voice until he realizes he’s babbling and stops himself and shrugs ”I don’t know if my theory will help us, but if we are going to be interacting with this stuff we may have to change our thinking in the long term and learn how it works. We’ve seen a bare glimpse of this working with Khonnir - we may need to learn much more if we are to save him - and Torch.”

I think we keep moving to B10


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur focuses on the northern wall, studying the magic at work, trying to discover if it's just a larger version of his own light spell..

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


Alldur, you realise that the effect is a silent image effect, creating the illusion of a wall.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz waits for Alldur to finish his investigation.

Good job, man . :)


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

'This wall isn't real' Alldur approaches the wall and attempts to touch it.


Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

"Didn't follow all of that." Grezzag says to Zimdoz, "But if you can work out how this stuff works, all the better. This place certainly feels unnatural."

Grezzag watches as Alldur goes up to the wall.


Alldue you reach out and touch the wall. Your hand goes right through it into another small chamber


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

'There seems to be an open space behind this illusion. I can't see through it and I don't fancy walking through first.' Alldur steps back.


Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

Grezzag grunts, "I'll check it out." and draws his axe from his back. He walks up to the wall, touches it with his axe to make sure it isn't solid, then steps through.


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

"Oh that's weird. OK scream if you need us." Leetia starts rubbing her hands nervously.


Grezzag you step through...

This metal room is brightly lit by glowing panels in the ceiling above. To the left and right, complex machines consisting of spiral tubes and nozzles twitch and hum.


Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

"All clear." Grezzag calls back. " Another metal room with tubes and stuff." He crosses the room and takes a look through the opposite door for any sign of trouble.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur perks up at Grezzag's description of the room and walks briskly through the false wall. Once through, his jaw drops and he marvels at the strange machinery. 'What's all this?' He wonders to no one in particular and approaches the machine, attempting to discern it's function.

Know Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Daniel, could you move us on the map to the room? I’m not exactly sure where we are.

”Grezzag, that was very brave of you. Thank you!” When Zimdoz steps into the rooom, he looks visibly excited. ”Some of this stuff appears to be working. What a find!”

Zimdoz investigates the room when he comes in, comparing the things in the room to the miscellaneous technology they’ve already found.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male CN Half-Orc Fighter 5 | HP 40/43 | AC: 20 (21 v. robots) Touch: 13 (14 v. robots) FF: 18 | CMB: 9 CMD: 22 | Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs fear) | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +1 SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Active Buffs: Shield Other

I'm assuming B11.


Yeah B11- map updated - FYI now using the maps link

Sid you think that the pipes of the wall have been set up to form a trap.


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Leetia will detect magic in this room and look around with a perception as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

451 to 500 of 2,074 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.