Male ratfolk alchemist (gun chemist, toxicant) 6 (Pathfinder Player Companion: Dirty Tactics Toolbox 7, Pathfinder Player Companion: People of the Wastes 11, Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide 26, Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 3 231)
NG Small humanoid (ratfolk)
Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft., see invisibility; Perception +14
AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 18 (+4 armor, +4 Dex, +2 natural, +1 shield, +1 size)
hp 42 (6d8+10)
Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +3; +2 trait bonus vs. charm, compulsion, and emotion effects, +2 vs. disease
Speed 20 ft.
Melee longspear +4 (1d6-1/×3) or
. . tailblade +4 (1d2-1)
Ranged +1 dragon pistol +11 (1d4+1/×4)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft. (10 ft. with longspear)
Special Attacks alchemical ordnance 10/day (3d6+4 fire, DC 17)
Alchemist (Gun Chemist, Toxicant) Extracts Prepared (CL 6th; concentration +10)
. . 2nd—barkskin, barkskin, false life, see invisibility
. . 1st—ant haul[APG] (DC 15), comprehend languages, heightened awareness[ACG] (2), reduce person (DC 15)
Str 8, Dex 20, Con 11, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 10
Base Atk +4; CMB +2; CMD 17
Feats Extra Discovery[APG], Gunsmithing[UC], Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Reload
Traits local ties, principled
Skills Acrobatics +3 (-1 to jump), Bluff -2, Craft (alchemy) +15 (+21 to create alchemical items), Disable Device +15, Fly +10, Heal +5, Knowledge (arcana) +15, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +12, Knowledge (engineering) +12, Knowledge (nature) +15, Perception +14, Sleight of Hand +7, Spellcraft +13, Survival +6, Use Magic Device +11; Racial Modifiers +2 Craft (alchemy), +2 Perception, +2 Use Magic Device
Languages Common, Dwarven, Gnome, Goblin, Undercommon
SQ alchemy (alchemy crafting +6), anointing uses, cartridge savant +1, cheek pouches, cleanliness, discoveries (chemical stability, infusion, mercurial oil, mutagen[UM], tanglefoot ordnance[UM]), gunsmith, mutagen (+4/-2, +2 natural armor, 60 minutes), poison use, secreted toxin conditions (dazed, fatigued), swift alchemy, toxic secretion (4 dmg, 2 rounds, DC 17), weapon secretion
Combat Gear mutagen[APG], acid (5), alchemist's fire (3), bore brush (2), cytillesh stun vial (3), firearm oil, smokestick (3), tanglefoot bag (3); Other Gear chain shirt, mwk buckler, +1 dragon pistol[UC], black powder[UC] (6), bullet[UC] (9), entangling shot cartridge[UC], longspear, molten shot cartridge, paper cartridge[UC] (9), pellets[UC] (7), tailblade[ARG], cracked dusty rose prism ioun stone, alchemist starting formula book, alchemy crafting kit[APG], masterwork backpack[APG], masterwork thieves' tools, powder horn[UC], reinforced scarf[UE], 12 gp, 9 sp, 1 cp
Alchemical Ordnance 3d6+4 (4 rds, 10/day, DC 17) (Su) Infused ammo deals 3d6+4 fire damage (7 with scattering shot). Lasts 4 rds before becoming inert.
Alchemy +6 (Su) +6 to Craft (Alchemy) to create alchemical items, can Id potions by touch.
Anointing Uses (9/day) An alchemist can use any of the anointings he knows a total number of times per day equal to 3 + his alchemist level. Unless an anointing specifies otherwise, all anointings require a standard action to apply (this provokes attacks of opportunity) an
Cartridge Savant +1 (Ex) DC to negate or reduce a catridge’s effects increases. Add +4 to damage done by catridges that replaces firearm’s normal damage.
Cheek Pouches You can store things in cheeks, but suffer 20% failure with verbal spells.
Chemical Stability Misfire from alchemical ordnace is reduced by 1 and ignored from alchemical cartridges.
Cleanliness +2 vs. disease, exceeding disease save by 5 counts as 2 cons. saves,
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Dazed Toxic Secretion dazes opponent.
Fatigued Toxic Secretion fatigues opponent.
Gunsmith Gain free starting firearm that only you can use properly.
Gunsmithing You can use a gunsmithing kit to craft/repair firearms and ammo.
Infusion Create an extract can be used by anyone but takes up a slot until used.
Mercurial Oil (Su) Increase weapon damage 1 step, or add DR 2/— to armor.
Mutagen This discovery gives the alchemist the mutagen class ability, as described in the Advanced Player's Guide. (This discovery exists so alchemist archetypes who have variant mutagens, such as the mindchemist, can learn how to make standard mutage
Mutagen (DC 17) (Su) Mutagen adds +4/-2 to physical/mental attributes, and +2 nat. armor for 60 minutes.
Point-Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Poison Use You do not risk poisoning yourself accidentally while poisoning a weapon.
Precise Shot You don't get -4 to hit when shooting or throwing into melee.
Rapid Reload (Dragon pistol) You can reload fast with one type of Crossbow or Firearm.
Swift Alchemy (Ex) Construct alchemical items in half the normal time.
Tanglefoot Ordnance (2d4 rds) A creature that takes a direct hit from a tanglefoot ordnance must save against the ordnance's DC or be entangled and glued to the floor as if it had failed its save against a tanglefoot bag (see page 160 of the Core Rulebook). Creatures in th
Toxic Secretion (1/day, DC 17) (Ex) Secrete a poisonous toxin that affects those striking you with natural or unarmed attacks.
Weapon Secretion (10/day, DC 17) As a swift action, the toxicant can collect and concentrate this secretion into a poison she can deliver as a touch attack or apply to a weapon. Targets of such attacks must attempt saving throws as if they had touched the toxicant’s toxic secretion.
1) Zimdoz was born in Torch to itinerant ratfolk native to the Warrens of Chitterhome. When Zimdoz was born, his parents decided to settle in Torch to ply their trades as mechanics and smiths working with the numerian starmetal by using the eternal flame of Torch to refine their creations. Zimdoz followed in their footsteps somewhat, but his parents managed to save up to send him to school outside numeria, at Lepidstadt University in Ustalav.
2) Zimdoz is a slight ratfolk with black fur and long whiskers. He typically wears outfits with many pockets and wears protective eyewear except when in polite company. Zimdoz is quick and talks somewhat quickly, but is deliberate with his word choices and tends to approach problems as an engineer would.
3) Zimdoz graduated from the university early, and has returned to Torch with a lot of theoretical knowledge and was eager to apprentice to any engineer in town that would have him. He has been working for a friend of his parents, Khonnir Baine, a wizard and munitions engineer that has sought to improve the defensive capabilities of Torch by refining their weapons capabilities using the firearms secrets first discovered in the antimagic zone to the sputh, in Alkenstar.
4) Zimdoz is fascinated by the melding of technological practices found in early firearms, and to that end he has fashioned for his personal use a dragon pistol of his own design. He is generally wary of weapons and would like to avoid hurting anyone with them, but understands how dangerous the world can be and keeps his weaponry hidden on his person should the need arise.
5) Zimdoz is wary of the high technology that occasionally emerges from the depths of Numeria. He has a decent understanding of how some of it works, due to his apprenticeship with Tadash, but is concerned about how potentially destructive the technology is. He has recently become concerned about the extinguishing of Torch's flame, as it directly affects his parent's livelihoods.
Step 2: Goals
1) To uncover secrets of the futuristic technology and keep them out of the hands of people who would use them to harm Torch, his family, or any other innocent folk.
2) To find Khonnir and reignite the flame.
Step 3: Secrets
1) Zimdoz is secretly fascinated by technology, though he represses the emotion and would never admit it. He overcompensates for what he believes to be an embarrassing predeliciton by condemning its use (mildly)
Step 4: Relationships
1) Zimdoz looks up to Khonnir and is very worried about his disappearance.
2) Zimdoz's parents only had one child, and they're worried about his choice of profession. They are more practical, and tend to disbelieve what they don't see. As Zimdoz works in the realm of chemical engineering, the results aren't always immediately apparent, and the concoctions are dangerous and unpredictable, so they always urge caution to Zimdoz.
Step 5: Memories, quirks, and mannerisms
1) Zimdoz is impeccably tidy and clean, and keeps his gear and possessions organized and labeled. This includes all of his extracts, potions, and alchemical creations. He tends to avoid risky behaviors with his alchemy.
2) Zimdoz is very honest and forthright, though he understands the need for deception he's pretty bad at it and tries to dea fairly with everyone. He assumes the best of people until proven otherwise.