Iron Gods Campaign

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the Iron Gods campaign.

Treasure list

maps

images


301 to 350 of 2,074 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

The Gremlin shrieks as the acid burns into its flesh. One of the grmlins briefly disappears and reappears behind zimdoz. The other two attack Amon

short sword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 191d3 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1

short sword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d3 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2


Ranek, your action


Ranek, over to you


Ranek moves forward and attacks the creature by Sid

Greatsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 152d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3) + 4 = 13


Ranek misses

Leetia, over to you


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Leetia will fire a Ray of Frost at the creature top left.
Ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 20/x2 -4 shooting into melee
1d3 ⇒ 2 cold magic damage


The cold strikes the creature and it shrieks in pain.

Zimdoz, your action


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz yelps when the creature appears next to him, then steps back and fires his pellet spread at the Gremlin.

Dragon pistol ranged touch attack, pellet, pbs, no precise: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Dragon pistol, pellet, pbs,: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Roll to confirm!

Dragon pistol ranged touch attack, pellet, pbs, no precise: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Additional damage on crit - Dragon pistol, pellet, pbs,: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3, 1) + 3 = 8


[i]A surprised expression momentarily crosses the gremlin's brain as the bullet enters it before it slumps backwards.

Amon, your action


Amon pokes at the nearest Gremlin with his longspear.

Longspear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 181d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Amon drops the Gremlin

Alldur, your action


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur steps forward and flings another ball of acid at the creature in front of Amon

Acid Splash: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 4 = 0 Ranged Touch, firing into melee

Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3


As the orb of acid burns into the gremlin's flesh the last of your opponents falls. There are 3 short swords on their person

What next?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz checks to see that everyone is okay , the scouts ahead, stealthily, and checking for traps, heading north.

Take 10 stealth and perception, head north towards A11, checking side passages for loot, anything else. Pistol put away, wielding longspear.


Several different passageways converge on a narrow ledge overlooking a rubble-filled cavern. The far wall is made of a smooth, dark gray metal. A single circular door, tightly closed sits on the metal wall just above the upper level of the rubble


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

”This may be the locked door that those folks were talking about before. What do you think? Should we go back for the key? It does not look like there are any more gremlins here.”


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

"Was that the only thing they wanted dealt with? Yes, we should return and tell them."


You head back to the skulks. Sef thanks you for your assistance.

As a reward she gives you the following:

49 silver disks
5 strange cards made of a smooth flexible materials each with a brown stripe.
3 suits of studded leather armour
a mw buckler
a short bow with 11 arrows
a rapier
2 short swords
a masterwork sap
2 potions of cure moderate wounds
a sunrod
2 sets of masterwork thieves tools
a scroll of shield
a scroll of identify
143gp

Sef also tells you that about a week ago a strange looking purple haired woman came into the cave and asked for any of the strange cards. At the time Sef didn't have any but she has now found some and thinks they may be important.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

"Thank you, Sef. You have been very kind to us. Do you know in what direction that woman went?"

Zimdoz takes one of the thieves tools for his trap disarming and distributes the other gear to the party to ensure they can carry all of it. Anything too heavy, he will hide in A5.


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

"If no one else wants these, I can use them!" Leetia holds out the scrolls.


She headed beyond the metal wall (A8


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

"Oh gosh" Leetia starts to look nervous and unsure. She ponders for a bit. "ok we go."


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

”Of course, Leetia, just let me take a peek at your book if you scribe them. I do not believe you can decipher mine, but I might be able to make hay of your notes.


A smooth wall of dark grey metal bisects the cavern here, its expanse pitted and scorched but quite solid looking. A strange, circular opening pierces the wall five feet off the ground, allowing access to some sort of hallway on the other side


HP: 3/16 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +3 W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +|5, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft | Active Conditions: Raging | Rage 7/7 |

Ranek looks down at the defeated creatures with an irritated look within his eyes. "What a poor display for your companions. You will need to do better, Ranek." Shouldering his massive blade, he returned back with the others to the strange humanoids that they were assisting with this task. His eyes lit up at the reward though, grinning softly.

"At least these tasks will pay well." He murmured, taking one of the potions of healing after smelling it. The burnt cinnamon scent stung his nostrils but he recognized it for what it was. He took a sunrod as well, placing it within his belt pouch for safekeeping. In his backpack went the armor and smaller weapons, things to be sold later.

"Perhaps this strange-haired woman is the reason behind the man's disappearance. We should keep moving."


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur carefully examines the strange opening, trying to determine it's origin.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Know(engineering): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz joins Alldur, and attempts to discern if there are any traps on the door.

Take 10 Perception for an 18

”Our skulk allies indicated that this key which they gave us is useful beyond the door. If this is not trapped, I say we crawl through the hole and see what is on the other side!” Despite the fact that they are on a dire mission to find his mentor, Zimdoz seems almost excited to be exploring the cave system.


You see that the entire wall and the floor beyond are made of a strange metal that you have never seen before. It looks as if it is old but it is difficult to tell because it is so unusual. You do not see any traps.

The walls, floor and ceiling of this slightly curved hallway are made of smooth dark grey metal. Panels of lighter material run along the ceiling eight feet above. To the north and south the tunnel is blocked by walls of metal junk and rubble, while open doorways yawn to the east and west. You are coming from the west

To the east you can see a strange metal creature standing silently and still in the next room


Now using the habitat dome map.


HP: 3/16 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +3 W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +|5, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft | Active Conditions: Raging | Rage 7/7 |

Ranek looks at this strange metal with a curious but cautious gaze, it reminded him of the strange tools and items that the League would use to subjugate his people. Despite his frown, he would still give a nod at Zimdoz's suggestion. "Indeed. We should move ahead cautiously. We do not know what dangers lurk within these strange halls." The discomfort was obvious on the Kellid's face as he headed in with the ratfolk.

When Ranek can see the strange, metal creature standing in the dark, he draws his greatsword once again and watches it for a moment. When it makes no movement, he looks back down at Zimdoz and gives a soft whisper to the alchemist. "Do...do you think it is safe?"


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur seems absolutely fascinated by the metal making up the walls of the structure they've entered. He runs his hands along the walls and searches for a bit to collect for later study as they press in.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

'No way to tell from over here, we'd have to get closer and I could take a good look at it'


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz grins at Ranek, "Safe, no. Interesting, yes! Give me a moment... there are no traps up ahead, as far as I can tell, but that statue is off-putting"

Zimdoz examines the creature from afar, trying to discern movement. He attempts to identify what it could possibly be (somehow?) using a hodgepodge of skills.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Knowledge (Engineering): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

He shrugs, slightly. "If I were to hazard a guess, it will come alive and attack us, but someone got by it already or else we wouldn't be following them. I would approach cautiously, Ranek. I can not make hide nor tail of it."


Zimdoz you think that it is some kind of variant clockwork servant. As you examine the room the creature starts to slowly move


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz loads an ordnance into his dragon pistol along with a bullet and says to the construct, ”Um, hello there. We are just passing through. Would you let us please?”


HP: 3/16 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +3 W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +|5, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft | Active Conditions: Raging | Rage 7/7 |

As the construct begins to move, Ranek will slowly move closer towards it along with Zimdoz. He raises his mighty blade but he doesn't bring it down quite yet. He tries to study it first, to see if he can read its intentions.

I'd like to make an Sense Motive roll to see if the construct is acting hostile towards us. If I can't tell that it is friendly, I'll take a readied action to attack it as soon as it is close enough to be in my threat range.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

No Touchy!:
Readied Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 1 = 15Damage: 2d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 + 3 = 16


It looks as if the creature is currently in a standby/healing mode, however it is alert and watching. It appears to be monitoring for anyone damaging the structure.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz looks around the room for anything of value, and then waves for the party to continue east through the open door, ”Let us go, I do not think the servant is interested in us if we do not make trouble.”

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Leetia will follow along nervously. "Yes yes let's make no trouble."

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Moving on....The northern wall of this otherwise empty metal room is a tangle of what look to have once been strange cages of some sort. Tangled amid the metal ribs of these cages are ribs of a more organic nature-the ancient bones of some sort of alien creature. Smaller mounds of rubble lie against the opposite wall.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz looks around the room for anything of interest or value, especially at the cages and rubble.

Perception, Take 10 for 18


Zimdoz, you find a set of grippers, a black e-pick and two batteries


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

"Those items look useful, we should bring them."


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

"Agreed, let's take everything and move on." Zimdoz gathers what he can, and looks around. Seeing the door to the right, he searches the door for traps. If he finds none, he heads inside.

Zimdoz's cognatogen should be worn off soon. I'll adjust it after a the next encounter.


Zimdoz, you do not find any traps. The far wall of this chamber is a twisted mass of metal and rubble. There is nothing else here.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz moves on, heading east to the next door, and checks it also for traps.


You do not find any traps. Two strange machines sit to the north and south against the walls here, their faces appear similar to coils of metal tubes with several nozzle like protrusions pointing into the room itself


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur pushes past Zimdoz to examine the strange machinery. 'These are interesting...'

Know Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Alldur you think that these devices are designed to release some kind of liquid, however there is no power going through to the tubes.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

"What in the world is this place?" Zimdoz mutters audibly, then beckons for everyone to follow to the next, east door."Let's keep going, most of the wonders here are non-functional."


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

"I don't really know. Did anyone know this place was here? So strange." Leetia follows looking about nervously. She seems kinda lost and is letting her allies guide her.

301 to 350 of 2,074 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.