Iron Gods Campaign

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the Iron Gods campaign.

Treasure list

maps

images


1,701 to 1,740 of 1,740 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6| HP 32/32+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+7, R+10, W+5 | Per +17, Sense M +3, Init +6

Zimdoz steps up a bit and reloads his dragon pistol with a tanglefoot ordnance, and takes a shot at Alldur’s target.

Dragon pistol, ranged touch, pbs, cover: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 1 - 4 = 28
Dragon pistol damage, pbs, ordnance: 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + (2, 1, 5) + 4 = 15
If hit, requires a DC 17 reflex save or be stuck to the ground and entangled.
Dragon pistol, ranged touch, pbs, cover, confirm: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 1 - 4 = 12
Dragon pistol damage, pbs, crit damage: 3d4 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4, 2) + 3 + 3 = 14

Might not have confirmed the crit. No bonuses from Poshment because I wasn’t healed :(.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 6 | HP: 59/59 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 14 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 4/6; Spells: 1st 4+1/4+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1

This is ultimately up to the GM, but I always thought the "being healed" part was just that you were selected to be part of the channel. Whether or not you regained HP is irrelevant, just that you were targeted by the channel. If not, I know for the future!


Yeah I've always played it that you are selected by the channel, i.e. you have been targeted.

reflex save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12


The robot is hit by Zimdoz's pistol shot and is entangled.

Poshment, what are you doing?


Gnome Cleric of Milani 6 | HP: 59/59 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 14 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 4/6; Spells: 1st 4+1/4+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1

Poshment channeled energy and I don't think we've hit another round yet, right? If we have and I'm just being thick, he will cast Guidance on Grezzag.


Grezzag moves forward and smashes his axe into the remaining robot.

+1/MW Orc Double Axe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

damage: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23


With a mighty blow Grezzag bellows and smashes his axe right through the remaining robot in a shower of sparks.

What next?


Wizard(metal elementalist) 6
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +6 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 28/32 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'Well, that should handle Hellion's backup power'


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6| HP 32/32+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+7, R+10, W+5 | Per +17, Sense M +3, Init +6

Zimdoz searches the robots for useful parts, and then searches the exits to the room for traps. He'll keep an eye out for secret doors too.

Take 10 perception for 27.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 6 | HP: 59/59 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 14 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 4/6; Spells: 1st 4+1/4+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1

"What do we do now?" Poshment asks, poking the remains gingerly. "Keep on keeping on into the mysterious beyond?"


Female Human Martyr Paladin 6

She waved a hand at the glowing pillars. "Should we... smash it? Would it blow up if we smashed it? I feel like it'd blow up if we smashed it."


Wizard(metal elementalist) 6
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +6 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 28/32 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'Let me see if there's not something more useful we can do with them' Alldur examines the pillars closely.

Know Engi: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31

Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Alldur you can see that the batteries are used as a recharge device and can be used to recharge items as well.

You fail to disable the batteries but you do not set off any backlash of energy.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 6 | HP: 59/59 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 14 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 4/6; Spells: 1st 4+1/4+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1

"Don't we have things that need charges or something? If we can't break it, let's take what we can away from Hellion!" Poshment suggests.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6| HP 32/32+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+7, R+10, W+5 | Per +17, Sense M +3, Init +6

”Let me, let me try.”

Zimdoz examines the pillars and looks for some mechanism to disable them, like Alldur, and to get a supply of batteries for their gadgets.

Take 10 on disable device, for 23


You manage to disable the connections and take 2 batteries, in total there are enough charges to charge an item 3 times between the 2 batteries.


where to next?


Gnome Cleric of Milani 6 | HP: 59/59 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 14 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 4/6; Spells: 1st 4+1/4+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1

Poshment jogs up to the double doors to the west and throws them open. "What's behind dooooooor number ooooooone!"


A bitter stink of chemicals with an underlying reek of decaying flesh fills the air of this cavern. A platform of grey metal, worn smooth and free of dust, extends over a ten foot deep pit filled with rubble-strangely polished rubble.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 6 | HP: 59/59 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 14 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 4/6; Spells: 1st 4+1/4+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1

"Gross," Poshment complains as he adjusts his mask and shrivels his nose. "What's in the hole?" he asks nobody in particular.
________
If no one wants to take the first step, he will!


Female Human Martyr Paladin 6

She steps into the room and starts searching for any potential evil, eyes trailing across the room. "Don't know... Doesn't smell like anything good either way."


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6| HP 32/32+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+7, R+10, W+5 | Per +17, Sense M +3, Init +6

Zimdoz, wary since his constitution drain, tries to search around cautiously.

Take 10 perception for 27 to search around, including any doors.


Zimdoz, you notice that something on the rubble appears to be moving occasionally.

Knowledge dungeoneering


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6| HP 32/32+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+7, R+10, W+5 | Per +17, Sense M +3, Init +6

Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14


Zimdoz, you can tell that there is an ooze on the rubble but you are unable to recall any other details.


What do you want to do?


Wizard(metal elementalist) 6
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +6 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 28/32 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'Do you think we can just leave it be?' Alldur asks, drawing a wand.


The ooze starts to move slowly up the rubble.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6| HP 32/32+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+7, R+10, W+5 | Per +17, Sense M +3, Init +6

”Nope!” Zimdoz loads his pistol with an ordnance and gets ready to fire at the ooze if it comes within 10 feet.

Ready action attack the ooze if it’s within 10 feet.


Female Human Martyr Paladin 6

She sighs and draws her sword, settling into a stance while waiting for the ooze to get into range to start whacking.


Poshment, what are you doing?


Wizard(metal elementalist) 6
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +6 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 28/32 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'Very well.' Alldur says, launching a salvo of magical missiles at the approaching ooze.

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3, 1) + 3 = 9


Alldur's bolts fly through the air striking the ooze.

Alldur initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Vivianne initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Zimdoz initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Poshment initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Grezzag initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

grey ooze initiative: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (17) - 5 = 12


Initiative order:

Block 1: Alldur and Zimdoz

Block 2: Ooze

Block 3: Everyone else

So Block 1, over to you.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 6
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +6 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 28/32 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur launches another round of magical bolts at the creature.

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3, 1) + 4 = 12


Gnome Cleric of Milani 6 | HP: 59/59 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 14 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 3/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 3/3 ; Channel Positive 4/6; Spells: 1st 4+1/4+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 3+1/3+1

Poshment was waiting, he doesn’t know anything about the ooze and is garbage at range.


Alldur's bolts strike the ooze again

Zimdoz, what are you doing?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6| HP 32/32+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+7, R+10, W+5 | Per +17, Sense M +3, Init +6

Zimdoz continues to ready until the creature gets closer.

Still doing a readied action cuz he can’t run up and engage safely, but I’ll pre-roll on the assumption that it’ll move towards us.

Dragon pistol readied action, ranged touch, pbs: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 1 = 23
Dragon pistol damage, pbs, ordnance: 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 + (5, 4, 3) + 4 = 22
If hit, requires a DC 17 reflex save or be stuck to the ground and entangled, not sure if I can entangle an ooze though.


The ooze spends the road moving up out of the shaft and then moving forward.

Zimdoz takes his readied action and hits the creature.

Block 3, your actions


Female Human Martyr Paladin 6

Striding forward, she hacks at the ooze.

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 14

1,701 to 1,740 of 1,740 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.