Iron Gods Campaign

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the Iron Gods campaign.

Treasure list

maps

images


351 to 400 of 2,084 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

A grey metal door sits in one wall of this short stone tunnel that curves north before opening into a vast sand-filled cavern. In one corner there is a skull


What do you want to do?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz marvels at the size of the cavern, and says ”This is quite unexpected. I say that we hug a wall for a while and see where it takes us.”

high left, low right: 1d2 ⇒ 2

”Left it is, unless there are objections.”


As you move past the skull tendrils whip out and attack

tentacle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Zimdoz initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Skull initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Alldur initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Leetia initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Rannek initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Ok so initiative order is

Block 1: Alldur

Block 2: Skull

Block 3: Zimdoz, Leetia, Rannek

Knowledge dungeoneering to find out more about the skull.

Block 1 your action.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur waves his hand in a familiar motion and lobs a globule of acid at the tentacled skull.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Acid Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1


[i]The skull creature manages to avoid being hoit by the acid.

It releases a pool of sticky liquid around it - Zimdoz make a Reflex save.

On to block 3.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Leetia will move up and send a Ray of Frost at the creature
Ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 20/x2
1d3 ⇒ 2 cold magic damage


[i]Zimdoz, you manage to avoid getting stuck.

Leetia, your ray of frost hits the creature doing a small amount of damage.

Rannek moves forward and attacks

Greatsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 162d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9

Back to Block 1


Rannek hits the creature dealing it a powerful blow


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur flings another bit of acid at the skull-creature.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 2 - 4 = 12 firing in to melee

Acid Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3


Alldur your spell hits the strange creature.

It retaliates by trying to hit Rannek again.

Tentacle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 241d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Tentacle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Back to group 3


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Leetia will send another Ray of Frost at it.
Ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 3 - 4 = 11 20/x2 +4 to it's AC as she is firing through cover.
1d3 ⇒ 3 cold magic damage


Unfortunately Leetia's ray misses


Apologies, the cold ray hits it and destroys it.

There is no loot

I'm going to assume you are going on to the next chamber

At first glance, this cold cavern presents a strange and disconcerting vista-that of a desert valley under a starless night sky. A stretch of sand covers the ground, a vista broken here and there by bits of strange, spiky shells or contorted dead fronds that look like branches


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

"What in Golarion was that." Leetia shivers. "We should keep moving before I get too scared."


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Sorry for missing posting something more substantial!

Zimdoz’s cognatogen wears off and his speech patterns change a bit.

”Leetia, don’t be scared. We’re on an adventure! I doubt many people have seen such strange wonders as these. Let’s keep exploring - Khonnir couldn’t have gotten too far.”


HP: 3/16 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +3 W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +|5, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft | Active Conditions: Raging | Rage 7/7 |

The strange contraption leaves a bruising mark upon Ranek's form and the barbarian responds by slamming into it with his greatsword, cracking its form. The gifts of the others around them finally bring it down though. Grinning, Ranek silently praises his skill of triumphing over this strange and peculiar magic. The two ratfolk behind him talk to one another and there is a scoff from Ranek as he looks back at Leetia. "You...young ratfolk...are wise. Fear is good, it keeps you safe. Never ignore your feelings." Ranek continues to move forward, nursing his shoulder slightly as they continue along the left wall.

How bright is it in here? Is it completely dark in here? I just want to know if we need to create a light source or not.


There are panels set into the walls and ceiling which provide bright lighting.

Which way do you want to go, seem to remember someone suggested to the left?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

The fates decreed left if we were to hug the wall.

”You’re right Ranek, but everything we’ve found is so remarkable. I can’t help but be excited!”


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

left is fine

"I'm just very concerned about Khonnir. We haven't found him yet." She frowns as she follows along.


At first glance, this cold cavern presents a strange and disconcerting vista-that of a desert valley under a starless night sky. A stretch of sand covers the ground, a vista broken here and there by bits of strange, spiky shells or contorted dead fronds that look like branches.

To the north east there appear to be another set of caves (B8) and to the south east there is a small cavern that leads to another metal door (B10)


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

In the absence of any other good idea, Zimdoz leads everyone across the expanse to the northeast cave. When they nearbthe entrance, he examines the area for traps or anything else of consequence.

We head to B8 and check our the caverns?


When you get to about halfway across the desert several skeletal like creatures suddenly start to emerge from the sand.

You have one round of actions before we go to initiative


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Leetia will take a total defensive stance.


HP: 3/16 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +3 W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +|5, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft | Active Conditions: Raging | Rage 7/7 |

Ranek travels across the desert with his allies, eyes carefully watching for any other threats. As they cross the threshold, the ground shifting underneath their very steps, he catches the movement of creatures stirring further away. They rise up from the ground, these skeletal beasts, and a growl escapes Ranek's lips. "Be ready..."

I will take a readied action to strike any creature that gets within my threatened range. How many monsters are there?

Readied Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 = 8


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz reloads his pistol with a scatter ordnance and gets ready to hit as many as he can.

There are some on the map, but I'm not positive which are which.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur falls back behind the rest of the group chanting and weaving his hands in large circles in front of him. A disc-shaped disturbance shimmers in the air before him briefly, before fading from view.

Alldur moves and casts shield.

Active Effects: Shield. AC 16 T 16 FF 14 10 Rounds remaining.


Sorry only had 1 image I could use, all of them are the creatures.

The creaturs move forward, Rannek you take your readied attack, dealing one of the creatures a mighty blow

Sid do you want to take your held action?


Sorry meant Zimdoz there.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Hah, Sorry. He can’t ready an action yet, can’t reload as a move for a bit longer, so no readied action. Next time I won’t use the word “ready” at all.


Skeleton intiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Zimdoz initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Alldur initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Leetia initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Rannek initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Ok so initiative order is

Block 1: Alldur

Block 2: Skeletons

Block 3: Everyone else

So alldur your action


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur waves a hand upwards and lobs a globule of acid at the skeleton approaching from the southwest.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Active Effects: Shield. AC 16 T 16 FF 14 9 Rounds remaining.


[i]The acid strikes the creature but it keeps on coming.

Two of the skeletons get close enough to attack Rannek.

Claw: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 121d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Claw: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 211d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Block 3 your turn.


HP: 3/16 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +3 W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +|5, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft | Active Conditions: Raging | Rage 7/7 |

The claw of the skeleton digs hard into his armor, bringing a growl of anger from the barbarian. Undead beasts, strange monsters, this place seemed cursed. How the Technic League was involved, he was not sure, but he would certainly find out. More of them seemed to come and a growl escaped his lips. "I tired of these distractions! Get out of my way!" With surprising force and speed, Ranek would lift his sword once more and bring it down with terrible speed and power.

Activating my rage as a free action. Using power attack against the skeleton I had hit previously.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 4) + 8 = 18
Critical Confirmation?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 3) + 8 = 13
Total damage is 31 points of damage. I'm going to assume that I destroy it.

Consumed by the rage, the gift given to his people, Ranek slams the blade down upon the skeleton's body. The force of the blade was strong enough to shatter through the skull, the collar bone, shattering every bone that got in the way of its swing. Connecting to the ground, the animated bones staggered for a moment before finally falling over. "WHO IS NEXT!" Ranek roars, fury in his eyes.


The skeleton is pounded into powder

[ooc[ Anyone else in block 3 want to act[/ooc]


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Sorry, busy day, wedding to go to for my friend. I’ll try to do one tonight (easier if I can from my computer).


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz says "Whoa, I'm glad you're on our side! Ranek, if you can, give them some breathing room - I want to blast as many as I can!"

Zimdoz backs up a bit and tries to steady his aim to hit as many as he can wihtout hitting Ranek.

He readies an action to hit at least two as soon as he can from his position (without hitting Ranek, so as soon as Ranek 5-foot steps towards the party.

The attacks below are for the readied action. The third attack is if three come in range (which I think that one a few feet south might)

dragon pistol, ranged touch, scatter, pbs: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 14
dragon pisol, pbs, ordnance - bludgeoning +fire: 1d4 + 1 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 7 = 11
dragon pistol, ranged touch, scatter, pbs: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 23
dragon pisol, pbs, ordnance - bludgeoning +fire: 1d4 + 1 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 7 = 10
dragon pistol, ranged touch, scatter, pbs: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 11
dragon pisol, pbs, ordnance - bludgeoning +fire: 1d4 + 1 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 7 = 12


Zimdoz manages to hit one of the skeletons with his pistol and it falls apart.

Leetia, do you want to take an action


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Leetia will move and cast Ray of Frost on the one to her right.
Ray of Frost Ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 20/x2
1d3 ⇒ 3 cold magic damage


Alldur your action


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur lobs another globule of acid at the skeleton slightly southwest of himself.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Acid: 1d3 ⇒ 3


[i]The skeleton just manages to dodge the ball of acid.

The skeletons move forward again and attack. Two attack Rannek, one attacks Alldur.

Claw on Rannek: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Claw on Rannek: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

claw on Alldur: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Back to Block 3


HP: 3/16 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +3 W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +|5, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft | Active Conditions: Raging | Rage 7/7 |

Two of the skeletons attack at Ranek but their slow strikes are easily dodged even in his terrible rage. Bringing the greatsword back up, he aims for the most injured one beside him and attempts to shatter it apart.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 4) + 8 = 17


Ranek misses

Anyone else?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz reloads with pellet and ordnance.

351 to 400 of 2,084 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.