Iron Gods Campaign

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the Iron Gods campaign.

Treasure list

maps

images


1 to 50 of 1,808 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male High Azlanti DM

Gameplay thread


Female Oread Bard (Archeologist) 1 /\/\ Init: +2 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 14 | FF: 12 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Perc: +4 |

Dotting.


Male High Azlanti DM

Torch is a strange town. Known throughout Golarion as the place to get weapons and armour made of the various starmetals. It is known that this is possible due to a power source that burns constantly from Black Hill. But now the violet flame that has burnt for over a century has gone out, leaving a strangely seeping pit of rubble and bubbling fluids where the town's livelihood once glowed day and night. If that wasn't bad enough one of the town's councillors has gone missing. Apparently he had one expedition into the cave system under Black Hill but on his second exploration into these areas he has disappeared without trace.

And so you have come to Torch, buoyed by the idea of the reward of 4000gp to any group that can recover Khonnir's body or return him alive. Interested parties have been invited to speak to the council at Town Hall.


Female Oread Bard (Archeologist) 1 /\/\ Init: +2 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 14 | FF: 12 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Perc: +4 |

As Torch came into view, Jade let out a slight gasp of surprise. What in the hells? She thought as her gaze fell upon the darkened peak of Black Hill. Something was wrong, terribly wrong.

Once in town, she asked some of her local friends what was going on. It didn't take long for her find out and get directed to the Town Hall.


Male Android Aerokineticist 1 | HP 11/13 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +6 R +5 W +0 | CMD 15 | Init +3 | Perc +6 DV LLV

Amon arrives at the city with a grim expression. The violet flame had burnt out, and the robot hunter android took it as a bad omen. Worse, though, was the disappearance of one of the town's councilors. The reward was fairly welcome, though, so he hastily sought the council at the Town Hall to hopefully join a group to find Khonnir.


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Leetia approaches the town hall doors, she jumps side to side to avoid the sudden influx of people much larger than herself passing by. She thinks to herself oh many want reward.

She steps up to the big doors at the Town Hall and waits for them to open, probably by someone much larger than herself and she scurries in past their legs and into a safe place along the wall to assess the situation. Her eyes scan the room for an official and attempts to make her way to them. Just before she reaches them, she suddenly stops and looks down at the ground as she thinks. Worried about Khonnir, would like money, I can do this, I am talented, no I'm not. She turns around and starts to leave. Then stops and says in a quiet voice but outloud, "Yes I am." She turns back around and walks up to someone who looks like they might be in charge or an official of sorts.

"Um, excuse me... I want to help."


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz packed up his things, hugged his parents, and stepped out into town with a look of resolve on his furry face. He checks his gear, twice, adjusts his pack, and heads to the town hall.

He squeezes through the crowd and makes his way to the council lobby, lifting up his goggles when he gets inside and scanning the room for friendly faces.

Recognizing nobody, he is surprised at the presence of another ratfolk. He watches her approach one of the pages and ask a question. He scampers up to hear the response, and adds "Same here, Khonnir was my teacher and I'm worried about him" he adds, glancing at the other ratfolk as he says this. Straightening himself to his full, little height he adds, more deliberately "Would you direct me to the council chambers? I would provide whatever assistance is required." He smiles at the page and the other ratfolk and waits for an answer.


Male High Azlanti DM

The pages direct you to Dolga Freddert, the only council member currently in town, an old dwarven woman. You all get the impression that she'd much rather be out doing something rather than riding a desk. She looks up as you enter

"Yes, citizen, how can I help?"


Female Oread Bard (Archeologist) 1 /\/\ Init: +2 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 14 | FF: 12 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Perc: +4 |

Jade reached the Town Hall, and was really surprised by the number of people. Making her way through, she managed to get to one of the Pages, "Hello, I realize you've probably heard this a hundred times today, but I'm here to help find Councilman Khonnir. Too whom do I need to speak?"


Male Android Aerokineticist 1 | HP 11/13 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +6 R +5 W +0 | CMD 15 | Init +3 | Perc +6 DV LLV

... Same goes for me. - says Amon, awkwardly, completing Jade - Glad to make your acquaintance. I’m designated Amon Toph.

He was probably the most socially troubled individual around, but also was practical and straight to the point.


Female Oread Bard (Archeologist) 1 /\/\ Init: +2 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 14 | FF: 12 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Perc: +4 |

Jade looked at the newcomer. Giving......him?, a quick look over, she said, "You're.....an Android. Amazing, you look so new! Were you recently act..iv....."

A strange look came across her face, "I'm sorry, I did it again. My mouth sometimes just runs before my filter kicks in."

Extending her hand, "I'm Jade."


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

"Good day councilwoman, it is my understanding that you need adventurers to find Khonnir? I'd be happy to extend my services, such as they are." Zimdoz pauses, then looks around the room. "You should explain the details of the mission once all other potential volunteers come, though. I don't mind waiting and you're presumably very busy. I wouldn't want you to have to repeat yourself." He stands and waits for the other adventurers to come in, eyeing each newcomer with curiosity.


Male High Azlanti DM

Dolga explains "Its been eight days, but only seven since the first explorers braved the new tunnels Khonnir discovered. Khonnir himself led his second foray into the caves just a couple of days ago-and he has yet to return."


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Leetia looks over at the other ratfolk again after she follows him to the counciler. She nods approvingly of what he says as in agreement she is saying it too. She listens to Dolga explain. Then looks back at the ratfolk. "Wait a minute, I think I know you. Well at least know of you. You know Khonnir right? She shyly steps closer, "He adopted me, helped raise me."

The two of us probably has seen each other but perhaps never really spoke to each other or spoke of each other. Trait: Local Ties


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz nods at Leetia, "Leetia, right? I know of you, yes. Khonnir spoke of you fondly. I was one of his students at the alchemical lab. I've got a good foundation but Khonnir was training me in more advanced techniques for materials and energy balance. That was always my weak point at the university anyway... It's a pleasure to meet you in person." Zimdoz smiles at Leetia, then turns back to Dolga, waiting for any other arrivals.

Just waiting on confirmation that all the other PCs are available and in the room.


Male Android Aerokineticist 1 | HP 11/13 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +6 R +5 W +0 | CMD 15 | Init +3 | Perc +6 DV LLV

Amon artificially smiled to Jade, trying to show some sort of emotion but failing miserably. He then extends his hand, giving passage to go meet Dolga.

Now inside, on the back, Amon hears everything, not particularly shocked with the presence of the two ratfolk. The android isn’t someone of many words; and, for some people, he is barely something. Regardless, he pays attention


Female Oread Bard (Archeologist) 1 /\/\ Init: +2 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 14 | FF: 12 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Perc: +4 |

Jade nodded at Amon's attempt at emotion. Granted she'd only met one or two others, but they had shown the same struggle with displaying emotion. Perhaps I could help him with that?

First thing was first, they needed to help find the Councilman. Following the Android to the office, she was pleasantly surprised at the two Ratfolk already there. Well, doesn't this make a motley bunch.


Male High Azlanti DM

Dolga explains that the council is willing to pay a hefty sum if Khonnir can be returned and if what happened to the previous expeditions can be discovered.


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Leetia nods, "Yes yes sign me up. I am ready to help, oh please." She looks more concerned than interested in the reward.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

"I will help, if I can. Perhaps we will uncover the mystery of the extinguished torch, as well. Thank you for the opportunity councilwoman" Zimdoz excitedly replies. Then he notices the presence of the other adventurers and waits for their response.


Male Android Aerokineticist 1 | HP 11/13 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +6 R +5 W +0 | CMD 15 | Init +3 | Perc +6 DV LLV

It sounds agreeable. - says Amon, signing up for the quest - You may call me Amon, and this is Jade. - he then completes, indicating the Oread by him.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

A young human man with slicked back black hair down to his bearded chin slides off the back of a cart at the edge of town. He waves to the driver and shoulders his backpack. He stops for a moment and squints up towards the top of the hill where the towns namesake should be burning brightly and frowns at the lack of a spectacle. Traders heading the opposite direction had warned him that the Torch had gone out and that the town's days may be numbered. Finding the streets mostly quiet, he inquires as to where he might find information regarding getting the Torch back up and running and is directed toward the Town Hall.

Finding the doors shut and no one to greet him, he tries the door, then slowly pushes it open. Seeing the gathering of creatures, he calls out from the entry. 'I'm here about the torch?'


Female Oread Bard (Archeologist) 1 /\/\ Init: +2 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 14 | FF: 12 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Perc: +4 |

Jade waved, "Hello...." Her attention was nabbed by the newcomer, "Oh, it seems we have another."


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Pushing his way into and crossing the room to the gathered persons, the young man brushes his oil stained leathers and runs a hand through his hair. 'Alldur, I'm a metalworker's assistant. Or, I hope to be. Is this about the Torch? Am I in the right place?'


LG | M Half-Orc Ranger 1/ Cleric 3 | HP 29/33 | AC 20-12-18 | F+9, R+7, W+9| Per +8, Sense M +8, Init +2

"The torch, and Khonnir, the councilman that has endeavored to investigate the problem. Glad to meet you all." He turns to Dolga. "Councilwoman, can you give us any information about where he went or the extinguishing of the torch?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Sorry guys, a phantom showed up... but really it was Zimdoz. Won't happen again.


Male High Azlanti DM

There's an underwater passage connecting the caves to Weeping Pond. Khonnir noticed a large number of human footprints on the pond's banks -he was there the day the fires went out testing the water to ensure it hadn't suddenly grown more toxic -and he realized that a sizeable group of people had entered the pond but had not emerged.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'Any local suicide cults? That would explain the footprints.' Alldur offers, trying to make himself useful.


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Leetia frowns, "oh gosh, that means we might not come back either, if we go in." She takes a deep breath, "Do you have any information on the toxin in the lake? Was anyone able to conclude what it is?"


Male Android Aerokineticist 1 | HP 11/13 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +6 R +5 W +0 | CMD 15 | Init +3 | Perc +6 DV LLV

Amon sticks to his silence at this point, accumulating the information being exchanged and processing the best he can. For a moment his eyes cross the room, examining each person as if trying to access the chances of surviving the described dangers.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

"Footprints... did they lead from anywhere in town? It might be worth investigating their origin if we are to venture into the caves. Perhaps Khonnir was unable to trace them." Zimdoz sighs to himself. "I wish he had given someone more notice or information about his plans. Madam Councilwoman, is there anyone he might have confided in that could give us some idea about what his plan was? Did he take anyone else with him on the trip?"

Zimdoz checks his pack and pulls out a small book and a tiny pencil and makes a few notes, just as Amon is looking at him. Zimdoz smiles in return and adds "I would also do a brief analysis of the oozing lake before we venture near it. We should have some idea of at least one environmental hazard. We may need to purchase additional protection for ourselves if it proves to be toxic, though perhaps the councilwoman knows of some gear we could borrow from the town for such a purpose." He twitches a bit, then cracks his knuckles and readies his pencil for additional notes.


Female Oread Bard (Archeologist) 1 /\/\ Init: +2 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 14 | FF: 12 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Perc: +4 |

Let's see if I know anything about the lake.

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Male High Azlanti DM

Dolga says there are no suicide cults in town as far as she is aware. No one knows about the sludge in the lake.

We don't know who made the tracks. Word about town puts blame on the Technic League but I think that's too convenient and obvious an answer. Khonnir was hoping to find out more by delving deeper into the caves, but who knows what he found in there.

Rumour about town is that a good looking woman with purple hair turned up days before the torch went out and has disappeared since.


Female Oread Bard (Archeologist) 1 /\/\ Init: +2 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 14 | FF: 12 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Perc: +4 |

Did my knowledge roll yield anything?


Male High Azlanti DM

Jade you know that Black Hill is where the violet flames once burned. However the road now ends at a blackened hilltop pierced at the centre by what appears to be a relatively small five foot diameter sinkhole. It was from this hole that the violet fire once burned, but now, the hole has collapsed on itself, forming a funnel-shaped dent in the ground that's just over 3 feet deep. The bottom half of the depression is filled with strange, rippling black fluid, the surface of which swirls with a prismatic sheen. Now and then,a bubble forms and bursts, giving vent to strangely incongruous scents like vanilla, citrus or vinegar. Some of the more adventurous visitors to town have tried drinking some of the water, one became stronger, one had the lining of his stomach burned away. But this is drinking the water, just touching it seems to have no effect.


Female Oread Bard (Archeologist) 1 /\/\ Init: +2 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 14 | FF: 12 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Perc: +4 |

Jade thinks for a moment, "It's possible that the tracks are from an expedition of some sort that no one knew about. Perhaps they discovered an entrance into Black Hill that was previously unknown. They may still be there."


Male Android Aerokineticist 1 | HP 11/13 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +6 R +5 W +0 | CMD 15 | Init +3 | Perc +6 DV LLV

It seems like an interesting assessment. - says Amon, shaking his head in agreement - And it seems like a good place for starting the investigation.


Male High Azlanti DM

Gm note - so are you heading to Black Hill?


Female Oread Bard (Archeologist) 1 /\/\ Init: +2 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 14 | FF: 12 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Perc: +4 |

I was proposing going to the lake.


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

"Yes, the lake at Black Hill. I think that is best." Leetia says to the party.


Male High Azlanti DM

Dolga will give you each a potion of water breathing as the entrance to the caverns is submerged

You all make your way along the tunnel to arrive at a chamber(A1 on Black Hill caves map). Dampness hangs in the air of this cave, condensing into heavy moisture on the slick, stone walls. The calm, dark waters wind around to the northeast, along a stony soot-scarred beach. A 5 foot high ledge sporting several stalagmites rises to the east, beyond which a low-ceilinged cave beckons


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Leetia does not like the idea of going into water. She has no way to dry herself when she gets on the other side. Before she goes in, she will cast Mage Armor on herself. She holds her breath while swimming in the water until she no longer can. In her mind she was gonna die but then she reminded herself that the magic will save her. It was rather strange to breath under water, but she got the hang of it. When we arrive back to the surface she will take a look around.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Female Oread Bard (Archeologist) 1 /\/\ Init: +2 | HP: 7/9 | AC: 14 | FF: 12 | Tch: 12 | Fort: +1 | Ref: +4 | Will: +2 | Perc: +4 |

As a being of more dense stature, Jade wasn't afraid of deep water but wasn't partial to it either. Still, new undiscovered finds awaited, and that was something she couldn't wait to discover.

After the short swim, which felt way longer than it was, she looked around while drawing her short sword. More often than not, unknown caves had residents that did not like being disturbed.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz nods and makes his way to the cave with the rest of the party, drinking his potion prior to swimming to the landing. He ensures that his water-vulnerable gear is well-protected prior to the swim, but checks everything thoroughly upon reaching the other side. He will peer around the cavern inquisitively upon reaching the beach, looking for signs of egress or any other notable features. He then uncorks one of his elixirs and the party sees his frame appear a little denser.

Drink extract of Ant Haul.

Then perception check to examine surroundings (including listening for others in the cavern and smelling for abnormal characteristics).

If there are any visible footprints leading down any passages, he will approach them and attempt to discern whatever information he can with survival check to track, taking 10 for a result of 16.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Male High Azlanti DM

You can all see some tracks of people who seem to have climbed the ridge (to A3). There are also, much closer the tracks of what appear to be large insects


Male Android Aerokineticist 1 | HP 11/13 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +6 R +5 W +0 | CMD 15 | Init +3 | Perc +6 DV LLV

Amon follows with the others. As he surfaces, the others can see a small multitude of electrical beams surrounding his body and making the circuits shine - but after a while he stabilizes again and seems fine. He helps looking around and understand the tracks, or if he knows anything about the large insects marks pointed by the others.

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

The android doesn't actually know much at all, but speaks nevertheless.

I'm not sure if we should try to climb it here without first understanding what these insects are, and where are they coming from. I'd hate to start climbing the ridge and be attacked by something flying.

Is the ridge only 5 feet tall? Is it possible to look around northeast to see where the waters are going to?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+10 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

"Hmm, insects. I wonder what type..."

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Zimdoz scratches his chin and mulls over the question.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur shakes himself off once clear of the water. The young man draws his club and speaks a few words over it before it illuminates with magical light. He checks on Enkil, a small brown mottled scorpion. Once he's sure the scorpion didn't suffer any ill effects from the swim, he takes in his surroundings.

'I'm not very learned when it comes to biology. More of an engineer.'


Male High Azlanti DM

@Amon, yeah the ridge is only 5 foot tall.

It seems as if the water flows around to form a creek that leads into another chamber. Zimdoz and Amon you recognise the tracks as those of Fire Beetles. Zimdoz you know that they are immune to mind affecting effects. As you are pondering 4 of the beetles step out of the sides of the cavern and see you. They are currently 20 feet away

Intiative order

Amon 20
Leetia 17
Alldur 13
Orik 11
Zimdoz 10
Jade 6
Fire Beetles 5

Amon your action


Male Android Aerokineticist 1 | HP 11/13 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +6 R +5 W +0 | CMD 15 | Init +3 | Perc +6 DV LLV

Sorry! I didn't notice it was my action :) Here it goes.

Amon looks and sees the fire beetles coming out from the sides of the cavern. The android coldly blinks his eyes, and when he reopens they're cracking electricity. Finally, he swings his arms and lets out what first looks like an energy ray, but finally turns into an electrical bolt blasting against the closest insect.

Attack (Electric Blast): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Against touch AC, but probably misses miserably anyway
Damage (Electricity): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Right after he sees the blast flying, he moves to pull his longspear and point its towards the insects, hoping his enhanced reach can help him with an attack of opportunity in case they close to attack him.

Standard to electric blast, move to draw longspear

1 to 50 of 1,808 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.