Iron Gods Campaign

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the Iron Gods campaign.

Treasure list

maps

images


251 to 300 of 2,075 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Android Aerokineticist 1 | HP 11/13 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +6 R +5 W +0 | CMD 15 | Init +3 | Perc +6 DV LLV

That is definitely more agreeable. - says the Android, with an absolutely emotionless expression - Leupal: My designation is Amon Toph. We come in a mission of rescue.

Any knowledge checks to identify who we're talking to?


Make a Diplomacy check please


Knowledge nature to find out what they are


Male Android Aerokineticist 1 | HP 11/13 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +6 R +5 W +0 | CMD 15 | Init +3 | Perc +6 DV LLV

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (17) - 3 = 14
Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


The creatures are skulks, they are known to live mostly underground

Very well, I will take you all, but if there is any treachery, we will destroy you


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Leetia looks over at the party, "OK let's go." She looks for a way down to where they are leading.


The skulks lead you on (to A9). This cramped cave is filled with junk covering almost every inch of ground. The precarious pile rises up in a heaplike hut to the northwest. You are intorduced to a tall female skulk who introduces herself as Sef.

Greetings, I propose a temporary alliance. I will offer you free passage through our caves and a strange device we recovered provided you agree to leave us unharmed and clear out the gremlins to the north (A10)


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

”That seems more than fair - I have no problem with that arrangement myself, though I would not speak for my companions. Thank you for being understanding. Out of curiosity - there is a strange dust in the cave to the west. Do you know what it is?”

Knowledge (nature) about gremlins: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Ah yes the brown mould, you want to stay away from that, it sucks heat from you.

From the description the skulks give you these are jinkins gremlins. They have damage reduction against anything except silver weapons, they have spell resistance and they have the spell like ability to dimension door.


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

"Who are you? Why are you living down here?" Leetia has all kinds of questions. She was at first scared but now she is finding this fascinating.

If allowed she will keep talking and talking about whatever it is they bring up, asking more questions and being a good listener. If they ask her questions, she will happily answer with truth.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 to influence their attitude towards her


Male Android Aerokineticist 1 | HP 11/13 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +6 R +5 W +0 | CMD 15 | Init +3 | Perc +6 DV LLV

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

We have concordance on the terms. - says Amon, looking mechanically to both his ratfolk companions - Please, proceed with the inquiries. I believe all information you seek is relevant.

Amon didn't know enough about gremlins as Zimdoz, but considered enough for him - hoping the alchemist was going to share his knowledge later on.

It seems we lost our trapfinder. Maybe we should ping our wizard to see if he's still with us as well. Should we try to recruit someone else to replace Jade?


We came here from the nearer levels of the Underdark

What are you knowledge nature on Amon?


Male Android Aerokineticist 1 | HP 11/13 | AC 17 TO 13 FF 14 | F +6 R +5 W +0 | CMD 15 | Init +3 | Perc +6 DV LLV

It was about the gremlins - just to show he at least know what they are, although doesn't have much more info.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz happily shares all of the relevant gremlin information, as an apparent gremlin expert.

”Ahh, now gremlins are quite the foe; crafty from what I remember. It sounds to me like everyone agrees. If you do not mind Sef, we will go to dispatch the blighted little fey and hopefully return as quickly as we can.” He turns to his companions, ”It sounds to me like regular weapon attacks will not work well. We should try to use elemental damage where we can. I have my dragon pistol, but not much else. I hope that it works.”

Zimdoz is mindful of the duration of his cognatogen ticking down. He will urgenthe party to depart as soon as their preparations are done


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur waits patiently while the group negotiates with and learns from the Skulks. He nods his agreement to the terms and the mention of the device piques his interest.

'What's this device you speak of? Is it made from skymetal?' The young man can barely contain his excitement at the prospect.


Amon, you don't get any more than Zimdoz

The device seems to be some kind of key, it opens areas beyond the metal door


As you stand talking to the skulks another figure appears

Please introduce Ranek at this point


HP: 3/16 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +3 W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +|5, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft | Active Conditions: Raging | Rage 7/7 |

From behind the party, following them down the path, would come a strange and muscular figure. A young man with dark, shoulder length hair and a beard upon his face, he stood just above six feet tall and it was obvious that his body was strong thanks to the many armaments that he carried upon himself.

Thick, simple clothing that was dark in colors; brown, tan, and red, laid beneath a breastplate. Bits of metal, bone, and stone charms dangle from it as tribal runes laid of protection laid inscribed upon it. A shield with similar decoration lays upon his back and there are a series of weapons upon him; what looks like a sheathed longsword and a warhammer on his side, smaller hand axes kept beneath his shield, and a short bow kept upon his backpack with a quiver along the small of his back. In his hands is a massive blade that catches any light that the party has lit, making it glimmer in the dark as he approaches. It is easy for anyone to tell he comes from the hardy Kellid stock of humanity and his eyes are fierce as watches everyone.

"Are you all alright?" He asks of the party, dark eyes checking them for wounds or for any weakness in their eyes before his vision returns back to the skulks who are likely preparing themselves for a dangerous encounter. "If you have hurt any of my charges, I will destroy you." The man's voice is low but threatening, you can see he very much believes in his own capability at that moment.

Not going to actually ruin all the hard work the players did to negotiate but I felt a barbarian wouldn't just walk in all happy and diplomatically


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

'We just wrapped up a parley with these creatures, we're fine for the time being. Name's Alldur, what or who are your 'charges?''


The skulks seem momentarily surprised at Ranek's arrival but they make no threatening moved.


What do you guys want to do next


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

”Pleasure to meet you, Ranek. I am Zimdoz. We are searching for Khonnir. We will be given some more information from these folks if we dispatch some gremlins. Would you like to join us?”

As soon as the group is ready, Zimdoz will start scouting north.

Zimdoz meads towards the gremlins when the party is ready, taking 10 on stealth and Perception per usual to find traps and scout about 10 feet away from the group.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur takes some time to catch Ranek up on their exploration so far. He tells of the large beetles that first greeted them inside the cave, The small mobile slimes that emerged from the muck piles, the strange, blinding frogman, the unidentified molds, and their current interactions with the creatures standing before them.

Basically ready to proceed, just catching up the new search team member.


[i]With Zimdoz leading the way, you head towards the area that the skulks told you were full of gremlins.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Zimdoz, as you walk forward a spike of jagged metal springs up and attacks you

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 111d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz manages to avoid getting impaled. Panting, he says ”Hold a moment, let me make sure this is safe.” He examines the trap carefully and tries to disable it so that it doesn’t reset.

Take 10 on disable device after the trap is sprung to try to ensure it doesn’t reset.


You dsiable the trap.

Moving further into the caves you can see the gremlins. They have noticed you.

Jinkin initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Zimdoz initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Alldur initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Ranek initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Amon initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Leetia initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


So initiative order is:

Zimdoz
Amon
Alldur
Jinkins
Ranek
Leetia

So Zimdoz it is your action


Zimdoz over to you


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz takes a shot with his dragon pistol at the easternmost gremlin. "Remember - they resist spells AND weapons!" he says after his shot.

Action:
Standard action, attack on easternmost gremlin.
Ranged Touch Attack Roll w/ Dragon pistol, PBS: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage Roll w/ Dragon pistol, PBS: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Move Action - move back to A9


The pistol shot hits the gremlin but it manages to ignore the damage

Amon, over to you


Amon, your action


Amon fires his crossbow at one of the gremlins

heavy crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d10 ⇒ 4


Amon misses

Alldur, your action


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur waves his hand skyward, lobbing a small globule of acid at the nearest gremlin.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Spell Penetration: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


[i]Alldur your spell fails to hit the gremliN.

The Jinkins move forward and attack Ranek, whilst one stands back.

shortsword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d3 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3

shortsword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d3 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1


Ranek, your action


HP: 3/16 | AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5 R: +3 W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +|5, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft | Active Conditions: Raging | Rage 7/7 |

The barbarian witnesses these small, wicked creatures begin to come after him. A scoff leaves him as the ratfolk beside him mentions their resistant properties. "We shall see how tough these beasts are!" The gremlins close in towards him. One of them swings at him, Ranek's legwork quick enough to draw him out of range while the second one's strike hits sure enough to draw some blood from him.

I am assuming that it is just 1 point non-lethal after damage, since it was lowered to less than one?

The tiny strike brings a menacing grin to his face before Ranek laughed. "Tiny things, you strike like a stinging nettle! Come, let me show you how to fight!" The massive blade that Ranek has been carrying is swung at the closest beast, whirling through the air with a heavy sound as his powerful muscles force it through.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 2) + 7 = 14

The gremlin ducks down out of the attack's range, chittering angrily at Ranek. A low growl of frustration leaves the barbarian as he shouts. "Stand still and let me kill you! Die with honor, you little bastard!"


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Is that ledge easy to move past or require any checks? and is Renek that big? Just trying to figure out if I have a clear shot at the creatures without cover in the way.

Leetia moves so no one is blocking her light of sight to the bottom creature and casts a spell and fires a ray of frost at it.

Ray of Frost Ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 20/x2
1d3 ⇒ 1 cold magic damage


@Leetia - yeah its easy enough to move onto the ledge, Renek is not that big, just an issue pasting the picture. Can you make me spell penetration roll please


Female Ratfolk Arcanist (White Mage) 2 HP 12/16 | AC17 Tch13 FF15 | CMD11/FF9 | F+2 R+2 W+6 | Init+2 | Perc +5 Darkvision

Leetia moves onto the ledge and fires the ray.


The ray strikes the gremlin and it shrieks in pain

Zimdoz, back to you.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Zimdoz reloads his dragon pistol with pellets and an ordnance.


Amon, next, followed by Alldur


Amon, over to you


Amon moves forward and pokes at a gremlin with his longspear

Longspear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Amon misses, Alldur over to you.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur steps forward and flicks his hand, summoning another acrid green blob to fling towards another gremlin.

Aiming for the one in the A10a area, since it looks like he's not in melee.

Acid Splash: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Spell Pen: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 7/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 54/54 | AC 21-15-17 | F+10, R+12, W+5 | Per +16, Sense M +2, Init +5

Good spell pen roll- but remember that acid splash is not susceptible to spell resistance. :)


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7 Technomancer 1
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +11 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 43/43 | F +4 R +5 W+8| Iron Skin 8/8

I did not know that. Good to know moving forward.

251 to 300 of 2,075 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.