Rise of the Runelords by DM Doctor Evil (again)

Game Master DM DoctorEvil

Rise of the Runelord. Chapter 3

Hook Mountain Clanhold Overview Map

Hook Mountain Battle Mapb


5,101 to 5,150 of 5,547 << first < prev | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"Just another giant, ready to fall!" encourages Robin.
Inspire Courage, +2/+2

He then taunts the ettin. "Looks like in this case, two heads are dumber than one!"
Taunt: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34 vs 10+HD+Wis or target is shaken. Extra round of shaken for every 5 over the DC.

Finally, he takes a small sidestep.

*Note--as Cadas says, Robin can't see the ettin, so he may not be able to taunt except as a readied action.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Robin, do you have to see to taunt? Adolina, did you move yourself?

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

No I haven't moved on the map, feel free to move me however helps :)


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Marcellano grits his teeth and prepares to unleash fire as soon as he can see the ettin.

Move to stay with Robin and ready scorching ray to Fire if the ettin comes within line of sight.

Readied Ray 1: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18 vs touch for 4d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 5, 3) = 18 fire
Readied Ray 2: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19 vs touch for 4d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 4, 6) = 15 fire


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

It is camper closing weekend. Last day is Monday October 8th, Columbus Day. We will be extremely busy closing up and bring things home and unpacking when there, so the next post will be Tuesday.

DM rolls:

Ettin; Melee: 2 flails +12/+7 (2d6+6): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 222d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 2) + 6 = 131d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 142d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 1) + 6 = 13 vs AC 26 Adolina
Adolina steps up so she can study the ettin. As soon as she becomes visible the ettin takes a step and with its longer reach swings the flail in each hand at her, but misses. Robin provides courage to the group and then steps up and taunts the ettin, and the creature is shaken. Marcellano also steps up, staying out of the ettin reach and fires two rays wounding the ettin. Cadas moves up and casts barkskin on Cadas.

All - Inspire Courage +2; Robin Round 1
Ettin - Shaken for 2 rounds 1/2; -2 to hit.
Adolina - +4 Natural Armor AC

Next?
Map Updated

Adolina UP
Init (HP Cur/Max, AC)

Adolina 26 (104/104, 22)
Foe(s) 21
Robin 16 (96/96, 20)
Marcellano 14 (68/68, 15,ma19)
Cadas 13 (84/85, 23,24 consecrated shield)

Ettin:
HP47[80] AC18 T8 F18 CMD23; F9 R2 W5

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina takes a single, long step to her left before her scimitar whirls into motion.

Attack: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 16 + 2 + 2 = 33 Damage: 1d6 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 13
Attack 2: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 25 Damage: 1d6 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 16


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15
DM Papa.DRB wrote:

... Cadas moves up and casts barkskin on Cadas.

No, she cast Barkskin on Adolina.


Male Human Husband/1(49 years), Father/2, Grandfather/2

DM rolls:

Ettin; Melee: 2 flails +12/+7 (2d6+6): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 302d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 6) + 6 = 181d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 222d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 3) + 6 = 11 vs AC 26 Adolina

Adolina swings twice and wounds the creature, while the ettin swings back and hits her also.

Everyone UP
Init (HP Cur/Max, AC)

Robin 16 (96/96, 20)
Marcellano 14 (68/68, 15,ma19)
Cadas 13 (84/85, 23,24 consecrated shield)
Adolina 26 (86/104, 22)
Foe(s) 21

Ettin:
HP18[80] AC18 T8 F18 CMD23; F9 R2 W5


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Marcellano moves around to the other side of Robin and, drawing his wand, fires off a pair of magic missiles at the ettin. Given that there's only one of them, it doesn't seem worth accessing more potent magic.

Magic Missile (CL 3): 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas casts a cure spell (loosing lesser restoration) from concealment before moving around and touching Adolina.

Cure Mod: 2d8 + 9 ⇒ (8, 3) + 9 = 20


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

Seeing that the others are taking care of the creature, Robin continues to Inspire Courage in the group, at least for the moment. Marcellano takes out his wand and shoots a Magic Missile at the creature, hitting it. Cadas moves up behind Adolina and cures her of all the damage that the ettin did with his flails. Adolina continues to swing at the creature, putting it down.

A quick search of the area finds some treasure that the ettin has collected in a disorganized heap near his collection of sleeping furs in the northeastern cave. The loot consists of 693 gp; 1,240 sp; a velvet pouch containing six 100 gp pearls; a phylactery of positive channeling; and an ivory scroll tube inset with strips of jade (itself worth 300 gp) that contains a scroll of cone of cold, a scroll of hold monster, and a scroll of telekinesis.

Next?
Map Updated


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas holds up the phylactery of positive channeling and marvels. This will increase our staying power quite a bit I think.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Marcellano whistles as he examines the scroll tube and the scrolls as well. "And these...the scroll tube is beautiful, but these scrolls will be potent additions to my array of spells as well." Putting the scroll tube into his backpack, he glances around at the others. "Shall we move forward? Adolina, you're welcome to scout ahead again. It looks like we're coming to the top of the dam, but who knows what we'll find up there."

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina flicks a jaunty salute at Marcellano and scampers away on the air, taking full advantage of what Wind Walking she has remaining.

Stealth: 1d20 + 31 ⇒ (17) + 31 = 48
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 171d4 ⇒ 2

Skull Crossing overview map

Quickly dividing the immediately useful treasure and throwing the rest into a pack, you decide to move up the stairs to the top of the dam.

(C6)The upper walk of Skull’s Crossing is relatively clear of rubble, though a three-inch layer of water has pooled across much of its surface. Here and there, sections of the dam’s surface have crumbled away, although this damage appears relatively old. A tower of skull shaped domes sits at the center of the dam’s walk. To the north surge the choppy waters of the Storval Deep, while to the south, the slope of the dam’s face drops away nearly three hundred feet to a muddy lake below.

As Adolina discovers the standing water she, and then the rest of the group use their air walk ability to not leave impressions or ripples in the water.

Arriving at the skull shaped domes in the middle of the dam, you see two sets of double doors as entries into the building.

Next?
Map Updated


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

"The breach is on the far side of that building," Marcellano calls over (I assume) the sound of the rushing water. "We'll have to go through--and who knows what we'll find inside. Is it worth you making us invisible, Robin?"


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

I think whoever is inside will notice the doors opening. Let us proceed.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Despite Cadas' pessimism Adolina does not abandon stealth, pushing the door open as slowly as she can and only doing so the barest crack to allow her to first look, and then step, through.

Take 10 for 41 stealth and 24 percep


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"If Adolina says it's clear, I can definitely make us invisible for when we go inside the building."

I'm back! Deducted another round of Bardic Performance.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

d4;1-2 North door; 3-4 South door: 1d4 ⇒ 2 North door it is.
Troll stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Adolina quietly and slowly opens the north set of double doors and sees (C7)piles of rubble dominate this large room, along with bits of flesh, broken weapons, splashes of blood, and a few dead ogres that have been torn limb from limb. Wind and rain howl through circular openings to the north that look out over the Storval Deep, and puddles of water have collected on the floor. Thick sheets of ropy green fungus grow along the walls here, winding in through the windows and through numerous cracks in the domed ceiling thirty feet above; behind the fungal vines, the walls are decorated with hundreds of skull-shaped carvings.

With her acute perception she also sees what appears to be four living trolls, trying to hide among the fungus and slowly backs out, closing the door.

Next?
Map Updated

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"A lot of dead ogres and four trolls, doing a bad job of hiding inside." Adolina reports, shaking her head. "Have we got fire or acid? The room has a big ceiling, if we go in quick with air walk still walking we could hover out of ranger and hit them that way..."


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Hmm. Do you think the trolls killed the ogres? Perhaps the trolls are not enemies? I have no direct fire spells but could summon hell hounds, elementals, or even a Salamander.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"Oh, dumb trolls won't be a problem. I can confuse them with some magic, and then they can beat each other up for us!"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Marcellano nods. “While I suspect that the trolls and ogres did have an altercation of some sort, I’m not sure it follows that the trolls are our allies. I have a few spells that conjure fire and acid—more helpfully, I too can summon creatures with innate abilities to help deal with them. Robin’s plan seems like a sound opening maneuver.”

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"Let's go then!" Adolina says. "I can sneak around and try to provide some mundane confusion too!"

Given her stealth score she should be able to imitate the trolls a bit and annoy them if they speak any common!

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.
Adolina d'Jhaltera wrote:
"Let's go then!" Adolina says. "I can sneak around and try to provide some mundane confusion too!"

"I'll open the door, nice and slow and go through. Robin, you lean in and cast your spell then get back out of the way. Marcel, Cadas, have spells ready to go. I'll stay by the door and throw it open if they find me!"

Behind her Shadowlina pantomimes stomping, and then falling over.

"Ready?"

Hopefully the plan is clear enough?


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"Ready!" agrees Robin.

Robin will Take 10 on the next initiative check using On the Ball. His first action will be to cast Confusion assuming he can see the trolls.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Marcellano indicates that the group should wait momentarily. He looks to Cadas. "Would you like to summon a creature to aid us or shall I? I'm happy to do it, and we probably won't need more than one, just to make sure they stay down."


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Go for it. Robin has already assured us he has the trolls handled


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

2 things.
@Robin - with a 15 foot radius, you can only get two of the creatures in your confusion spell. I would assume the two furthest unless you tell me different. I have left the purple 15 foot radius on the map to demonstrate.
@Marcellano - What summon spell, and what creatures(s)?


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

I think I can hit 3 of them. I put the circle where it can reach them. The trolls can be reached by two horizontal squares and a diagonal square, which counts as 15 feet.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Initiative:

Adolina: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Cadas: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Marcellano: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Robin: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
Foe(s): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
DM rolls:

Troll Will Save; +3; Upper right moving clockwise: 3d20 ⇒ (10, 12, 1) = 23 vs DC 19; all fail.
Troll actions: 3d100 ⇒ (73, 39, 96) = 208 Confusion

Adolina opens the door slightly, but enough that Robin can cast a spell and catch three of the trolls in it.

Next?
Map Updated

Adolina only take a turn, then the trolls will do what they will and I'll "adjust" the initiative order, and then we start the next round.

Adolina UP
Init (HP Cur/Max, AC)

Robin 22 (96/96, 20)
Adolina 20 (104/104, 22)
Foe(s) 12
Marcellano 10 (68/68, 15,ma19)
Cadas 7 (84/85, 23,24 consecrated shield)

Troll:
HP63 63 63 63[63] AC16 T11 F14 CMD22; F11 R4 W3; Regen 5/fire-acid


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Hmm. I could have sworn Cadas cast protection from Evil 10' radius, but I do not see that post anymore. I had even marked it as cast in my spells used. Any issue with having cast that on the way to the door? If that is a problem Cadas would like to cast it as soon as she can.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Sorry. Moving house and having very limited posting!

Wanting to see if Robins magic takes effect both Adolina and Shadowlina wait to act.

Delay to rest of group.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

And I’ve been recovering from an illness...guess it’s a low-post-rate time! If permitted, Marcellano would Summon a Medium fire elemental prior to entering.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

I am having cataract surgery tomorrow, and from the instructions that they gave me, I really should not be using the computer for a few days, so I will not make another post till at least Friday, maybe Saturday.

DM rolls:

Troll: 5 + 1d8 ⇒ 5 + (6) = 11
Troll; b/c/c/r/r 8/8/8 (d8+5/d6+5/d6+5/d6+7/d6+7): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 241d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 101d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 161d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 81d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 vs AC 16

Cadas cast Magic Circle Against Evil, and Marcellano summoned an elemental just before Adolina opened the door and let Robin cast Confusion on three of the trolls.

As soon as the Confusion spell is cast, the three trolls that were affected by the spell begin to act strangely. The one (UR) smacks himself in the face. The one (LR) just stands there and babbles to himself, while the one (LL) steps to the east and attacks the troll that is babbling. The troll that is not affected by the spell (UL) looks around and waits to see what is going on.

Confusion - 1/9 rounds
Summon Monster 4 - 1/9 rounds - Medium Elemental
Magic Circle Against Evil - 90 minutes

Everyone UP
Init (HP Cur/Max, AC)

Marcellano 10 (68/68, 15,ma19)
Cadas 7 (84/85, 23,24 consecrated shield)
Robin 22 (96/96, 20)
Adolina 20 (104/104, 22)
Foe(s) 12

Troll:
HP ul63 ur52 lr45 ll63[63] AC16 T11 F14 CMD22; F11 R4 W3; Regen 5/fire-acid

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina holds out a hand to stop the others from entering, meanwhile Shadowlina moves through the shadows to reach out at the waiting troll.

Touch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 Str Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Send the elemental in? Otherwise I say we stay out of it and let confusion run its course!


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Sure thing!

Marcellano, knowing that attacking a creature affected by Robin's spell is a good way to provoke it, holds his own arcane assault, but beckons the man-sized firey form he summoned forward. It darts into the room (potentially provoking an AoO from the unaffected troll) and lunges at the troll that's watching the others!

Attack!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 for1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 fire damage

Added an orange square for the elemental. If it hits, it also forces the troll to make a DC 14 Reflex save or catch fire! If it's on fire, it takes 1d6 fire damage at the start of each turn.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

Troll;UR: 1d100 ⇒ 91
Troll; b/c/c/r/r 8/8/8 (d8+5/d6+5/d6+5/d6+7/d6+7): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 131d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 231d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 251d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 121d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 vs AC 16 LR
Troll; b/c/c/r/r 8/8/8 (d8+5/d6+5/d6+5/d6+7/d6+7): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 231d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 211d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 171d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 vs AC 16 LL
Troll; b/c/c/r/r 8/8/8 (d8+5/d6+5/d6+5/d6+7/d6+7): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 81d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 141d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 vs AC 16 LR

Adolina hold the others back, while letting her shadow companion go into the room to drain strength from the troll not affected by Robin spell. Marcellano also sends in the fire elemental to attack the same troll. While Marcellano elemental misses, Shadowlina touch weakens the troll.

The three trolls affected attack each other, and the one of them(LR) goes down, but you can see it beginning to regenerate, while the other two wounded ones wounds are also closing.

Next?
Map Updated

Everyone UP
Init (HP Cur/Max, AC)

Marcellano 10 (68/68, 15,ma19)
Cadas 7 (84/85, 23,24 consecrated shield)
Robin 22 (96/96, 20)
Adolina 20 (104/104, 22)
Foe(s) 12

Troll:
HP ul63 ur57 lr-2 ll13[63] AC16 T11 F14 CMD22; F11 R4 W3; Regen 5/fire-acid

Confusion - 2/9 rounds
Summon Monster 4 - 2/9 rounds - Medium Elemental
Magic Circle Against Evil - 90 minutes

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Shadowlina continues to sap the trolls strength with phantom hands.

Attack, touch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

I assume no bonus damage from IC?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Marcellano waves frantically at the fire elemental and calls out in his rusty Ignan, "Cho! Masz brakka hameni cho fa!"

Ignan:
"Finish off the one that's fallen!"

The elemental wafts across the room (potentially provoking AoOs from the one it's engaged with and the lower left confused one), and lunges for the troll on the ground.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 fire damage and burn (Reflex save...is probably auto-failed, but it's a DC 14 save or catch fire, taking 1d6 fire damage each round for 1d4 rounds)

Marcellano, meanwhile, draws one of his wands and attempts to blast the troll with it. He definitely has soft cover and partial cover, but hey...big target.

Ray of Enfeeblement!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 vs. touch for 1d6 ⇒ 2 penalty to Strength.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Sorry, I totally missed a turn!

Robin tries another spell on the less confused troll. "Why did the troll guard the bridge? Because he wanted to con-troll the road!"

Yes, there it is again, Robin using his magics to force an enemy into helpless laughter.

Hideous Laughter. Will DC 18.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas will cast murderous command at a troll not currently fighting another troll. DC 17 will or attack an ally.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

Murderous Command: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 vs DC 17
Hideous Laughter: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 vs DC 18
Troll; b/c/c/r/r 8/8/8 (d8+5/d6+5/d6+5/d6+7/d6+7): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 131d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 271d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 271d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 vs AC 16 LL
Troll; b/c/c/r/r 8/8/8 (d8+5/d6+5/d6+5/d6+7/d6+7): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 141d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 131d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 111d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 vs AC 16 LR

Marcellano fire elemental moves to the downed troll and slams it with a fiery fist, stopping its regeneration and as the creature catches fire, it dies over the new few moments. Marcellano casts a spell on the troll that is not engaged in combat and it loses more strength, while Cadas casts a spell on it and it starts to move towards the other trolls, and then falls down laughing at Robin command. Shadowlina reaches out and again drains the laughing troll of strength.

The two trolls fighting each other continue to bite and claw, with one of them(LL) going down, however both are regenerating.

Next?
Green cross - Hideous Laughter. Yellow cross - negative numbers. Red X - dead

Everyone UP
Init (HP Cur/Max, AC)

Marcellano 10 (68/68, 15,ma19)
Cadas 7 (84/85, 23,24 consecrated shield)
Robin 22 (96/96, 20)
Adolina 20 (104/104, 22)
Foe(s) 12

Troll:
HP ul63(-12str) ur62 lrdead ll-9[63] AC16 T11 F14 CMD22; F11 R4 W3; Regen 5/fire-acid

Confusion - 3/9 rounds
Summon Monster 4 - 3/9 rounds - Medium Elemental
Magic Circle Against Evil - 90 minutes
Murderous Command - done
Hideous Laughter 1/9 rounds


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Laughing troll should get a second save as a full round action to stop laughing--unless Cadas's spell interferes with that. Also, sorry to screw up Cadas's idea, which would've been way more fun!

"Gosh, you trolls, just lying down on the job." Robin taunts the laughing troll. Taunt: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 20 = 36

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina just watches as her companions wreaks havoc amongst the trolls. Her shadow continues to sap the trolls strength away.

Touch Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

The troll made the save against Murderous Command so no issue there Robin.

Content to watch Cadas waits at the door ready to step up and attack if any enemy closes with her.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 141d4 ⇒ 3

It quickly becomes apparent that the trolls will put each other down, and Marcellano fire elemental will stop them from regenerating and after almost a minute all the trolls die. Taking a quick search of the area, you find nothing of importance or value. It seems that these creatures had no treasure.

Next?
Map Updated


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Once again, the fire elemental moves to the newly downed troll and sets it aflame!

Actually, I believe it doesn't have to move, so it will coup de grace that troll.

Auto-Crit: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 2 = 6 fire damage, plus the burn stuff.

Marcellano smiles. "Well done, all," he says cheerfully as he watches the developments. Even if the surviving confused troll goes on a rampage, the nearest creature...is his fire elemental.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Whoop, sorry! Stepped away from my computer mid-post and didn't think to refresh.

Marcellano gives the fire elemental a brief bow and thanks it in Ignan before it vanishes. After confirming that there's no magic in the room, he glances at the others. "The break in the dam is presumably that way," he says, gesturing to the west. "But it's possible that there are more trolls in the building...personally, I'd rather not be surprised. Shall we quickly make sure we're not alone?"

5,101 to 5,150 of 5,547 << first < prev | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Papa.DRB - Rise of the Runelords - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.