Rise of the Runelords by DM Doctor Evil (again)

Game Master DM DoctorEvil

Rise of the Runelord. Chapter 3

Hook Mountain Clanhold Overview Map

Hook Mountain Battle Mapb


5,001 to 5,050 of 5,547 << first < prev | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | next > last >>

F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas follows, not worrying about trying to be stealthy.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Robin moves along with the group, allowing Adolina to scout ahead.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Woo Hoo !! The heat and humidity broke yesterday afternoon, so we went for a walk and had a campfire last evening. Fire, Treats, Beer (Hard Cider for me). Life is good!

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 41d4 ⇒ 4

Adolina leads the way thru the Fort, which she finds is now deserted. Going back for Jakardros and Shalelu, you and they search the Fort diligently hoping to find out further clues to what happened, as well as if there are further threats from the Kreeg clan of ogres.

In the commanders old room, you find a box secreted behind a wall panel, and upon opening it it is a serious of love poems to someone named Myriana, who lives in Whitewillow. Jakardros tells you that place is more commonly called Shimmerglens, which is not far from the Fort. He also tells you that the Fort commander would take three day walks into the area, and he is now excited that perhaps the Fort commander is still alive.

You find notes in what was probably the room that the lamia was in, detailing that the ogres have a stronghold at the top of Hook Mountain. You also find a scroll in her room of which she has listed every citizen of Turtleback Ferry who received a Sihedron tattoo from her as “favorite customers of Paradise.” Kaven’s name is on this list with a circle around it. The list itself bears only this intriguing header: “Those who have agreed to grant their greed to the master’s need.”

Jakardros suggests that you either go to the Shimmerglens to see if the Fort commander is still alive, or back to Turtleback Ferry to investigate this list.

Next?
Level Map Updated

You have three or so choices:
1) back to Turtleback Ferry to investigate
2) Shimmerglens to perhaps find the Fort commander
3) Hook Mountain to take on the Ogre clan
4) Head back to Magnimar and report to the Lord Mayor what you have found.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

I vote Shimmerglens.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

"Greed...greed, greed, and more greed. That other lamia had some fascination with it as well, did she not? I wonder what that forebodes," Marcellano mutters. "I'm inclined to investigate the people on this list, to see if we can figure out some way to determine what this lamia is up to. But with the Shimmerglens so nearby, it seems to make sense to start there."

I'm fine with heading to the Shimmerglens first.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

This focus on greed is not new. Before you joined us we found merchants and others known to be greedy killed and caved with the rune.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"So what's the connection? Still, we should finish tracking down the commander first so we can report back to the Lord Mayor - we'll need his reward if there's an ogre base we need to have a go at!" Adolina finishes with a smile. "Hopefully we got an important one or two yesterday!"


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"Darn it, all the bad guys got away!" cries Robin in disappointment. "Guess we weren't greedy enough!"

"Sure, Shimmerglens! That reminds me of a joke. What did the tree say when it stubbed its toe? Will-ow!"

It seems the party will have to endure these terrible puns now that there is no enemy to receive them.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 21d4 ⇒ 4

Wife got a jury notice when we got home last Monday, and we have been on the road to/from campground all week... *sigh* Jury duty stinks, even though she wasn't called for it.

Leaving the Fort behind, you head west into the woods that surround the Fort and area south of the lake. Traveling for a few hours, you come upon a waifishly thin humanoid with gossamer wings, large expressive eyes, long pointed ears, and a diminutive 2-foot-tall stature. Unlike others of his kind, he has ruffled clothes and puffy eyes.

Knowledge (nature) DC 25:
It is a Pixie

Seeing you the creature flits over and in one huge breath speaks to you, "My mistress, she is… ill. Very ill. Death would have been a kindness. The land sickens with her heart, and it cannot be cleansed until her misery is purged. I cannot do this myself. Please, you must help her! You are friends with her human lover, yes? He wouldn’t want her left like this! I can take you to her—maybe you can do something. I have tried everything to cure her forlorn heart, but to no avail. She wails and moans in Whitewillow, and the trees and plants and nixies and frogs and everything are dying or worse! I can take you there! Please!"

Next?


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

My wife was a juror on a 5-week murder trial a couple months ago. And when she got home she'd have to do her real job. She kind of appreciates it looking back, but was miserable in the moment.

K. Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Robin didn't know what this thing was, but he was sure wondering if it was a trap.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
"Woah, woah, for a little guy, you sure can talk a lot! And that's saying something because I can talk a bunch too! Your mistress, is her name Myriana? Is she heartbroken? Never fear, Robin the Jester is here--to bring good cheer!"
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Oh gods, if our quest depends on Robin's jokes this could go so very wrong...


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Marcellano has never studied the fey, but he too is leery of this sudden approach.

Sense Motive (aid Robin): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Knowledge nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Unsure what the creature is Cadas watches it cautiously.

Do we know the fort commander's name?


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 81d4 ⇒ 4

@Robin - *groan*; You sense that the creature is telling the truth, and your diplomacy seems to be working.

"Yes, yes, her name is Myriana. She is in the center of the Shimmerglens. Thank you, you come, you come, right!? and he starts to flit, looking around every now and then to ensure that you are following him.

Next?


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Marcellano, do you recognize this creature? Cadas asks quietly as she begins to follow.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina takes advantage of the trees and the shadow to flit around, near invisibly.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Can Jakardaros give us the name of the Fort Commander?

"Of course, let's go!" says Robin enthusiastically. "Into the Woods, Into the Woods!" he begins to sing as he follows the flying creature.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 81d4 ⇒ 3
Fort commander name is Lamatar. Jakardros would have given you the name.

As Adolina moves into the shadows, and essentially becomes invisible, you all follow the flying creature deeper into the Shimmerglens. Moving thru what once must have been a vibrant forest, you now see drooping branches with dead leaves on them. The occasional dark robed figure moves thru the forest, whispering things to you that you fear and do not understand.

All:
DC 15 Will save. Pass; nothing occurs. Fail; you are Shaken for the whole time you are in the Shimmerglens.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Will: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

A little creepy in this place, isn't it?

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Phew!

Adolina's sharp eyes catch many of the overhanging tree branches and hollow branches which create most of the spooky sound effects. Knowing their source robs them of much of their power.

"Are you afraid of ghosts?" She asks, appearing behind Cadas out of the gloom!


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

No, not afraid. Ghosts are troubled spirits and terrible opponents but Gozreh has prepared me to deal with them.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"Eep!" Robin jumps in surprise as Adolina suddenly appears before them again. "You're as quiet as a ghost!"

Save vs fear: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26. Robin's natural cheerfulness helps make sure it's only Adolina that scares him, though. "Has this place always been so gloomy?" asks Robin of the flying creature.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

Marcellano; Will save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 vs DC 15

Marcellano(bot) tells you he did not study this type of creature, but he is not worried about the robed figures that you see, or at least think you see in the area.

Following the flying creature deeper, the tangled swamp gives way to a relatively large clearing, a calm pool of unnaturally still water ringed by twisted, decayed willow trees. Wind blows, but the trees do not sway. It is as if the very land has died. You come upon the mangled body of a beautiful dryad half protruding from a tree whose limbs have been smashed from the trunk by massive clubs. As you approach within 10 feet, you hear a soft feminine whisper in your ears "She should not have fallen in love—her heart brought this upon us—why won’t she let us go?"

Rising from the waters, a once soul shakingly beautiful creature, now a haggard, ghostly horror, her disembodied arms float at her sides, exposed bone and sinew stretching toward her torso but ever too far out of reach. Her lower torso fades away to smoke, savaged too cruelly for even her insane ghost to retain. But her most terrifying feature is her eyes: wells of hellish horror, crying out silently in an agony beyond anything a mortal creature could ever know. They reduce those who try to hold her gaze to gibbering children. She is beauty undone, and torment incarnate.

In a shrieking, hate-filled voice, "why did you fail Lamatar? Why did you fail to protect Fort Rannick, and how did you allow the Kreeg ogres to take him to their lair high on Hook Mountain?"

Next?


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"Woah, wait, you've got it all wrong, Myriana! By the time we came here, Fort Rannick had already fallen. But now we've cleared out the Kreeg ogres from the Fort. And we are making plans to attack Hook Mountain! These ogres don't stand a chance against us. We can still set Commander Lamatar free!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Wow. What I cool graphic. I want to see a picture. :) Any knowledge rolls to know what this is. Do we know its a ghost?

Indeed. We have traveled here to meet you only to try to be of help and to set things right. How can we help?

Diplomacy Assist: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Knowledge (nature): DC 25:
It is a fey type creature but there is something wrong with it.

Knowledge (religion): DC 25:
It is an undead creature, a ghost.

Picture coming, as soon as the dog-arse-slow campground wifi lets it load to Google Drive.
.
edit: uploaded faster than I though. LINK


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Clerics and the stupidly low skill points. Grr. lol

Knowledge (nature): DC 25: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Knowledge (Religion): DC 25: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Hey! I did a thing. :)

Recognizing the creature as a ghost, Cadas takes an involuntary step back.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Sheltered among the whispering trees Adolina waits quietly, drawing her scimitar slowly and quietly as she does so. Unwilling to provoke the creature she simply waits, hoping that Robin's diplomatic overtures will help.

If that thing scares Cadas though...


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 71d4 ⇒ 4

Myriana wails "my love, Lamatar was taken by ogres, and I was unable to save him. I know in my heart he is now dead, but when I try to reincarnate him, foul magic prevents his soul from returning to his new body. I beg you, find his remains and return them to me. I do not need the entire body. A lock of hair or a single finger will do."


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

This is a noble quest. By Gozreh I will do this thing.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

K. Nature DC25: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Robin doesn't know what he's looking at, but he does have some questions. He doesn't know if he should entirely trust this creature, whatever it had become. It doesn't help that it seems like the mangled body of a dryad had spoken to them. He wants to know Myriana's history better.

"We'll definitely do it--what greater tale than to reunite lost lovers? Tell me, how did you and Lamatar meet? How long have you known each other? When was the moment you knew that you had lost him? This is all very important in order to make sure the audience understands how much he meant to you!"

Robin tries to persuade Myriana to tell her story, while seeming as innocent as possible. Bluff: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 101d4 ⇒ 3

"Lamatar and I met when he was walking in the woods here. He was kind and courteous so we talked, and fell in love. This was years ago. When the lamia woman came with the ogres and beat me, they dragged him away. I just know he is dead as I can not reincarnate him, because of foul mage. This was a few weeks ago. Please get him back to me so we can be together." she responds to you, with pleading in her dead eyes.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

It seems we must travel to these Kreeg ogres and find this brave soul, or at least retrieve his body and avenge him. What can you tell us of this stronghold?


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"This story will have a happy ending!" insists Robin. "Anything you know about the stronghold would definitely help."


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 21d4 ⇒ 3

"They just took Lamatar after they beat me with their clubs. I know nothing beyond my tree and the Shimmerglens." she replies to Cadas and Robin.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"Okay, we'll do this, and come back to you. Is there anything we can do to heal your tree?"

* * *

Sensing that the conversation with Myriana may be at an end, Robin also wants to ask someone else (maybe the dryad, or the flying thing they were following) the following. "Did this place become like this only after she lost Lamatar? Is there anything else we can do to help?"


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 161d4 ⇒ 2

"Bring back my Lamatar to me!" she wails.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

I guess we are ready to go fight more ogres. Do we know how far this place is?


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"Time to take on some more ogres!" agrees Robin heartily.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

As the party moves out of the Shimmerglens Adolina re-appears from the shadows to join them.

"Well... that was horrible." She says with a small shudder. "We need to head up Hook Mountain then? Should we report back to Magnimar first about the fort?"


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

I do not know. Perhaps we should report in at Turbleback Ferry but I see no reason to go back to Magnimar. I think time passes differently for the undead so I am not sure we need to rush to recover Lamatar's body. But if there is at least a chance he still lives we might need to more more quickly. I can appeal to my deity for guidance about that. Perhaps the black arrows could report back to the Turbleback for us. Bu there is still the matter of raising of the fallen black arrow, Vale. I will that if I can, so I vote for going back to Turtleback first.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"Turtleback it is then." Adolina agrees. "Then we push on up the mountain."


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"Okay, there's still a mystery to be solved there too!" agrees Robin.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 141d4 ⇒ 4

You leave the Shimmerglens and head back to Turtleback Ferry. As you arrive you see that the village of Turtleback Ferry is drowning. The
muddy, surging waters of the Skull River tear through the center of the community to fill Claybottom Lake with a terrible fury—many of the buildings that once sat comfortably on the river’s banks are already flooding and in danger of collapsing from the rushing water. A group of children and a woman huddle aboard one of the old turtleshell ferryboats, the tiny flood-bashed vessel lodged up against the general store and threatening to capsize at any moment. Beyond, the town’s church stands solid, its foundations already three feet deep in floodwaters. Frantic movement is visible in the upstairs windows as townsfolk trapped inside rush about in a desperate attempt to save scriptures, comfort the sick, and pray for deliverance.

Next?


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Robin is startled to find the town submerged in water. It didn't seem like there had been rain.

"What caused this flood? Quick - we need to find a way to save the villagers! Anyone see a boat?"

Robin casts Heroism on all of his allies and himself. He tries to find something that will help with this dire situation. Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Already forgot to add the Heroism bonus! Perception roll is actually 23.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

@Robin - you are using four of your second level spells to cast heroism on each of the group, or am I missing something?
.
@Cadas, @Marcellano - only action that has been posted is from Robin. Are you two doing something?
.
Adolina off till Saturday the 11th.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Yep! I didn't mark it off right on my sheet, but I've fixed that. Everyone has Heroism cast on them at the moment. I assumed we're not in rounds yet so have time to do this sort of thing.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas will cast Communal Air Walk on the group, including the Black arrows with them. She can effect up to 9 people, granting them air walk for 10 minutes each. She will then begin summoning (Full Round Summons) water and air elementals to help with the rescue of people first, and later to help with any objects of value.

She has and will use Summon Monster IIII, IV and V. Can actually summon a Merrow to help if that seems best with SM V - a huge aquatic giant with STR of 25 and a swim speed of 40.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Marcellano’s eyes widen when he sees the destruction being wrought on the town before them. ”This flood...it doesn’t seem natural!”

So with Paizo’s new mobile site there doesn’t seem to be a button to edit my alias...annoying. Here’s my spell selection for this day, so I can update it when I am on a computer again. Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidig, Ray of Frost. 1st: Mage Armor [cast], Obscuring Mist, Charm Person, Ear-Piercing Scream, MMx2. 2nd: Resist Energy, Acid arrow, Scorching Ray, Cat’s Grace, Mud Buddy. 3rd: Storm Step, Tongues, Displacement, Haste, Keen Edge. 4th: Extended Fly [casting], SM4 x2, Black Tentacles. 5th: SM5, Wall of Force x2.

Seeing a Adams beginning to cast her air walk, Marcellano forestalls her. ”Spread your blessings out among the others—I can shift for myself.” He pulls a grey-and-white striped feather out of his pouch and uses it to brush glowing runes onto his palms. He takes off, gliding effortlessly through the air. ”I’ll look for anyone who’s stuck!”

Casting extended fly so he and Narcizia can scout the area. I also have summons that I can add, unless it seems like Cadas has got everything under control.

5,001 to 5,050 of 5,547 << first < prev | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Papa.DRB - Rise of the Runelords - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.