Rise of the Runelords by DM Doctor Evil (again)

Game Master DM DoctorEvil

Rise of the Runelord. Chapter 3

Hook Mountain Clanhold Overview Map

Hook Mountain Battle Mapb


5,201 to 5,250 of 5,548 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

My HP now is only 90, but yes, that tops me off. I assume thhe trident is large, since the troll was...

"Sure." Adolina agrees. Once the door has been checked for traps she eases it open, allowing Shadowlina through before she slips through as well.

Stealth: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (5) + 22 = 27
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

With the passage of time, Robin's invisibility fades, and he's seen closing what few wounds remain with a Wand of Cure Light Wounds.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

HP = 93/96. 13 CLW charges.

"Thanks, Cadas. I thought that troll was going to turn me into halfling skewers for sure!"

Robin works to unlock doors and remove traps as necessary to allow the stealthy Adolina to continue on.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Disable Device: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 151d4 ⇒ 3
Yes, the trident it large.

Cadas cashes in some spells for cures to heal Robin, and the halfling uses his wand of curing to bring him up.

Adolina heads to the northeast door in the room, and after she and Robin check it out the door, finding no traps and it is not locked, she cautions the others and steps into the room looking around.

(C15)A pool of water sits against the wall to the west of this chamber, with a set of steps leading down into it along the pool’s east side. Opposite the steps is an alcove in which rises a fantastically detailed scale model of Skull’s Crossing. The five skulls along its face seem to be actual human skulls, the bone polished to a gleaming sheen

Next?
Map Updated

(HP Cur/Max, AC)
Marcellano (68/68, 15,ma19)
Adolina (104/104, 25)
Shadowlina (37/45, 15]
Robin (93/96, 20)
Cadas (85/85, 23,24 consecrated shield)

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

I've only got 90 HP, not 104.

Adolina moves slowly towards the pool, wary of another troll or something equally nasty.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

If it seems clear she'll signal the rest in.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"Just say no to the human skull industry," says Robin, as he observes the morbid decorations.

Once Adolina gives the signal, Robin checks out the detailed map of Skull's Crossing. He's interested in what information that detailed map could provide the group.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Marcellano does a quick scan of the room with detect magic and (assuming neither he nor the others catch anything) follows Robin over to the miniature.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 201d4 ⇒ 1
@Adolina - Ok, corrected on my note sheet

Adolina moves close to the pool of water in the west portion of the room, checking for anything unusual or dangerous. Finding that, she signals the rest of the group that it is ok to inspect the pool of water and the scale model of Skull's Crossing.

Checking the scale model, you find that the lower jaw of each of the skulls can be pulled down. Also the whole model, including the skull, radiates strong magic.

Next?

I need separate Spellcraft checks to 1) Determine the type and caster level of the model; 2) Determine the function of the model


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas will try to help. unsure if I can assist, but I will if I can.

Spellcraft 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Spellcraft 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina, recognising the feel of powerful magic when she's near it, stays well away, leaving the wizardly things to, well, wizards.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

”Fascinating...” Marcellano mutters as he examines the model carefully.

Would An identify work on this? If so, I have a wand I’ll use for check #2. Add 2 to the below if Casals can assist me and +20 to the second if it counts as a magic item.

Spellcraft 1: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19
Spellcraft 2: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Robin tries to help Marcy out!

spellcraft (aid): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
spellcraft (aid): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

"That's definitely a discombobulator" says Robin, not knowing what he's saying at all.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 141d4 ⇒ 3
Yes, identify would help. And you needed it!

Adolina steps back, letting the spellcasters to their thing. Robin and Cadas help Marcellano with identifying the model. With their help Marcellano and an identify spell, he discovers that the model radiates very strong transmutation magic (CL20), and that the model is used to control the damn's floodgates, and that the source of its power seems to have waned to the point where the device no longer functions properly.

Next?


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"Wait, does that mean if we can restore this thing's power source, we could make sure the dam doesn't cause another flood?"

That's indirectly of a question for David.

Robin tries to tell from how the device is configured where the power source might be. Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

If that doesn't work, he is ready to try the next door.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Marcellano frowns. “Perhaps, Robin...but then, it looks like the superstructure of the dam itself was damaged. Even were I able to restore this object’s magic, I doubt it could do much when a chunk of the dam itself is missing! Still...if I can restore it, I will. I wonder when this dam was built, and by whom. This is a phenomenally powerful artifact.”

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"Thassalion." Adolin says from behind the boys. "They liked architecture on this kind of massive scale. I hear they used captured giants as labour which would help explain the size too - and the magic involved." When she gets some unexpected looks she simply shrugs. "I am a historian you know. I like to read!"


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

There is the spell Make Whole. I can even repair enchanted items of low level. I think multiple castings could restore the dam, but it might take days of castings and I am not prepared to cast even one spell today. I say we look for the power source and see what we might do in that regard.

Cadas could cast up to 15 castings of Make Whole a day, each restoring 5d6 HP to the dam.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 21d4 ⇒ 2
@All - Make Whole:
Make Whole requires two prerequisites: 1) from Mending - All of the pieces of an object must be present for this spell to function; 2) Target: one object of up to 10 cu. ft./level.
All the pieces of the broken dam have washed downstream or into the lake, and there is also a heck of a lot more then 90 cubic feet missing.
Edit: I consider the whole dam as one object.
See the Skull Cross Overview map for an idea of the breech in the dam

Marcellano answers Robin question with a "I believe that fixing the power will allow the dam to self regulate itself again."

You have three doors to go thru; South(double door), Southwest and Northwest. Which one is next?

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina heads to the double door, examines the door carefully before putting her ear to it and then finally, attempts to open the door quietly.

If its trapped then Robin works on it first!

Per, trapped?: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Per, other side: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Stealth: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (9) + 22 = 31


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

If necessary:

Disable Device?: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
Disable Device?: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Disable Device?: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

Robin assists Adolina in advancing forward!


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 181d4 ⇒ 3

Adolina checks the door for traps, finding none. She opens the door and sees: a narrow chamber ends at two curved alcoves, one to the east and one to the west. Each alcove is enclosed by a dull iron portcullis. A winch next to each provides a way to raise or lower the gates. Beyond each portcullis a circle of runes glows with a faint orange light on the floor. Inside the circle to the west is a pile of crimson ash, while inside the circle to the east is curled what appears to be a long dead devil, its flesh taut and dry on its bones.

Next?
Map Updated

DC 30 Knowledge (the planes) check:
the devil is a pit fiend


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"Do you think they were using these devils as a source of power?" speculates Robin. Seeing some glowing runes, Robin will detect magic and try to help Marcellano identify them.

Spellcraft (aid): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

The body there looks dehydrated and used up, so maybe. Perhaps they completely used the other creature. What is that thing? Some evil outsider I think. Perhaps a devil?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Marcellano’s eyes widen at the sight of the devil. “Nethys’ withered hand! It does look like a devil, but I’m not familiar with this type of devil...something either more rare or more powerful than anything the Cyphermagi summoned in their work.”

He squats down with Robin to examine the runes.

Spellcraft (with Aid): 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 17 + 2 = 36


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 131d4 ⇒ 2

Marcellano tries to figure out what kind of creature it is laying on the floor, but he just can not quite do it. With Robin help and wit, he does however recognize that the ring of stones, glowing with magical runes, are what is holding the creature in place. He cannot quite reach them beyond the portcullis.

As he inspects the magic circle, the creature stirs and speaks softly, while still laying down; "who are you?"

Next?
Map Updated


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas regards the others, not completely trusting herself to speak with what is likely a powerful devil. But eventually she speaks The town protected by this dam floods and the dam is damaged. We have come to repair the dam and open its flood gates. I have answered your question. Who are you and how are you hear? We have guessed you are bound here to act as a power source for the dam somehow.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Robin is startled as the creature speaks, and it takes a moment for him to chime in. "How long have you been here?" adds Robin. "And what happened to your friend on the other side?" Robin points to the pile of crimson ash.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina quietly circles around the runic ring to stand on the opposite side of the creature, sword out and hanging loosely in one hand.

"Why are you here?" She asks.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 121d4 ⇒ 2

Weakly looking up, the creature responds to the group; "I will not give you my name. Names have power. If you release me I will tell you all that you need to know about this dam and its controls. As a gift for telling me why you are here; you are correct, my energy powers the dam controls. Will you release me?"


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"Oh, come on. You want us to take a deal from a devil? I may be a fool but even I heard that one before! Right guys?" Robin looks around dramatically to his friends for confirmation.

"How's this. You obviously don't want to end up like your buddy over there, and I get that. So if you can give us some real proof that we can stop this dam from breaking and wiping out an entire town, then I'll let you go. You've been at this for a while--if your information is good, you should be fine waiting just a bit longer. Whaddya say?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Not so fast Robin. I have a guess about this. Cadas goes over and begins to raise the western gate. Its never bad to have some leverage when bargaining with such creatures.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 21d4 ⇒ 1

Marcellano and Adolina stand by while Cadas moves over to the winch on the western side of the room and cranking it slowly raises the portcullis on that side. The stone blocks with the runes on are still active and viable on both west and east side.

Robin tries to talk the creature, hoping to convince it to give him information, but the creature looks askance at him, and counters; "and what will you swear upon so that I know that you tell the truth?" He ponders for a moment, "I will give you my word and swear upon my oath to Nocticula, my queen and god."


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Nocticula? Where have I heard that? Cadas considers.

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

It seems to me that this thing needs two power sources and currently only has one...

Seems like we should get more than some info we might figure out for ourselves for freeing such a creature. No?

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"Nocticula?" Adolina asks, surprised. "That's not a god I've heard of before. Do your... kind not follow Asmodeus?"


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Robin thinks about it. He wasn't really one for swearing oaths. But it seemed like this Devil wanted it.

"I swear on my honor as a Hero of Sandpoint that if you give us the information we need to stop this dam from bursting, I'll let you go. But just so we're clear, that means I find out if your information is good and that it works before letting you go."


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 81d4 ⇒ 1

@Cadas:
Nocticula especially Cult of the Redeemer Queen

"Not all of us follow Asmodeus" he replies to Adolina. "After being here for 10,000 years, I have had time to reconsider."

"I will hold you to that promise. It takes life force from a creature to open the floodgates to safely lower the water level. The damn's controls automatically use life force of a creature in the circle. I have been feeling the pull at me for some time now, and it killed the other in the circle. If it pulls my life force once more that is my fate" he replies to Robin. "Now let me free."

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 Oh dear....

Adolina circles around the ring and crouches down in front of the bound devil. She stays there for a long moment before a dagger appears in one hand and she drags it through the circle with a screeching noise, opening a thin line in the binding circle.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Moral dilemma time...

This one follows Nocticula, a demon lord who excels in seduction, beauty, cruelty, and sadism. Robin would you loose this creature back on the world for simply telling us what we could discern ourselves?

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

And appropriately enough for a stealthy character - ninja'd! :D


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

I believe there is a closed gate preventing access to the devel's circle at the moment. And from an RP point of view I am confused about why people want to free this devil.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Robin wags a finger at the devil.

"Hold on there, the deal's not done yet. First of all, you didn't really tell me how to fix this, because we also don't know how to use the controls. Second of all, I promised to let you go after I find out if your information is good and that it works. I guess the trouble is that after I find out if it works, you won't be alive to see it."

Robin is feeling quite smug having outwitted a devil at his own game.

Robin is chaotic good, mind you.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Unless the Devil shares some more information that would actually help them figure out how to repair the dam, Robin seems happy to check out the next door to the Southwest.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19.

"Definitely a safe door," he says ever confidently.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Please Read:
Well the holidays are over, so welcome back to all. My wife and I had a good Christmas, trip to Boston, and New Year.

I am going to change my posting habits a bit, to be more consistent with what is going on in my life currently. I will be posting three times per week. Generally 1) Tuesday/Wednesday; 2) Thursday/Friday; 3) Saturday/Sunday with Monday off, although I may add a post here and there to those days.

I am more involved in my very part time retirement job as a Chaplain at a local Hospital, and my volunteer work at the local SPCA as a Canine Handler.

-- david

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 71d4 ⇒ 1

Adolina drags her dagger across the top of the stones, attempting to disturb the magical circle, however he knife does no damage to the stone.

"Yes, I may not be alive, however I will be reborn as the lowest devil, and even though it take 10,000 years to regain my former strength, I will remember you four and find every descendant of yours and your kin and they will suffer the most hideous tortures, all in your names. Either release me now and I will go my way, or your descendants will pay" growls the devil, coughing and sputtering as he speaks.

Next?


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Just to clarify, I believe the gate is open on the side where there is no devil but still closed where there devil is, correct?

You have forgotten a third option devil. Cadas points out. We could leave you right were you are. You have offered very little and now threaten. I somehow expected more from such a creature as you are.

Is there an image of this devil? We really don't know what it is exactly, right?


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

@Cadas - correct on the portcullis situation. No image, it looks like a very haggered and level drained devil. It is in such bad shape you can not tell exactly what kind it is. The only clue is that it is not a Lemure (lowest level of devil) but something higher in the devil hierarchy.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 91d4 ⇒ 4

Leaving the devil behind, and grinning because he feels that he has outwitted the creature, Robin moves to the southwest door and searches for traps. He finds none, and the group leaves the devil where it is and Adolina opens the door into what is the final room. This narrow chamber(C14) is empty save for a long, ten-foot-wide pool.

Next?
Map Updated

What are you going to do?


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

3 posts a week sounds pretty good to me!

"Hm . . . that doesn't seem particularly helpful," says Robin of the empty room with a pool. He looks around for anything that might be useful, which means he's naturally drawn to the water.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

It occurs to me that the "devise" is not so much broken as it is lacking one of its two power sources. What if one of us were to step into the other circle? I am unsure how much life energy is required but it should not kill us.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"Perhaps..." Adolina adds. "Could you not summon a creature Cadas? Would that work?"


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

I do not know... it would not be very kind. Cadas considers for a moment. No, it might be required to be intelligent and I would not call for aid and then treat a summoned creature thus. Such a summoning is a contract if you will and that seems a violation. I will step into the circle. I only ask that the rest of you watch so that you might report what happens.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"Can't we just find a troll to throw in here, or something? I mean, those things grow limbs back! We wouldn't want you to lose your youthful figure, eh?" Robin tries to joke about it, but his expression suggests he's really worried.

5,201 to 5,250 of 5,548 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Papa.DRB - Rise of the Runelords - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.