Rise of the Runelords by DM Doctor Evil (again)

Game Master DM DoctorEvil

Rise of the Runelord. Chapter 3

Hook Mountain Clanhold Overview Map

Hook Mountain Battle Mapb


5,051 to 5,100 of 5,548 << first < prev | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | next > last >>

Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 201d4 ⇒ 4

Robin, Cadas and Marcellano cast spells to help them with looking around the village and helping the people. The children and the woman in the shell boat seem to be the ones in the most current danger of drowning as the boat looks about ready to capsize.

Next?


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas directs her water elementals to help stabalize the boat while moving to lend a hand herself.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"I'm walking on air!" is all Robin can manage to say, as Cadas's magic takes effect. He hurries over to the boat as quickly as he can, though he suspects his most useful asset will just be to comfort the afflicted.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Seeing that the rest of the group has the situation under control, and aware that her particular skill set is not hugely useful here Adolina uses her new-found mobility to climb up into the air and look around the area, trying to get a sense of what on earth is going on!

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 31d4 ⇒ 2

With the help of the water elementals, you manage to move the turtle shell boat to the dry part of the village. They were apparently the only ones in grave danger.

Once there, the village elders come to you and ask you to investigate Skull's Crossing at the northern end of Skull River, where the dammed off portion of Storval Deep lake is being contained. The only way this much water could make it into Turtleback Ferry is if there is a problem with the dam, and they are concerned with the village future if the dam collapses.

Next?


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Of course we will go. You should know what has happened at the fort and that the ogres are still a threat, even though we have driven them from that place.

Do we have funds to perform a raise dead?

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

I've got 4K...


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

I think I have a bit under 1k


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas has less than 60gp but we should have quite a bit of loot from the fort. Has anyone kept up with that or do I need to go back and try to record it all?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Marcellano is relieved to see that no one is seriously injured. ”Ah, so it is natural...but unusual,” he murmurs. ”Of course we can investigate.”

I have 1635 gp, but have not been tracking loot from the fort other than what I took myself.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Tonight I will go through and compile a list of what we have found. I have not discovered a good way to track loot as we explore.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Robin, who seems to have been daydreaming for a long time, is suddenly startled back into reality. "Right, we'll definitely investigate. If someone is tampering with the dam, the whole town could be wiped out! It might be best to stay on higher ground for a while."

Hey, can we do something about the fact that Kaven's name appears on some suspicious list? Like interrogate Kaven, or talk to Jakardros?

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Rest of you talk to Jakardos and I'll watch Kaven? Probably best way to check if he's doing anything dubious...


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Kaven has apparently left. He was not with Jakardros and Shalelu when they came back to the Fort. However, Jakardros came with you to Turtleback Ferry, and is in conversation with the mayor if you wish to speak with him.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"Jakardos?" Adolina says, approaching the man as he speaks to the mayor. "Can I have a word?" She leads him a few paces away before speaking. "We found a list in the fort, it seemed rather suspicious - something to do with the Lamia's plans for Turtleback Ferry at a guess. Kaven's name was on it..."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

"It's most ominous," Marcellano chimes in. "'Those who have agreed to give their greed to the master's need...' A clever rhyme, but not one that brings me any cheer."


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 21d4 ⇒ 4
Hook Mountain Region map, and Skull Crossing map have been added to the spoiler at the top of the page.

Deciding to go to Skull Crossing and find out why the water is rising, you head up the Skull River, crossing to the western side near Fort Rannick. You continue to head north till you reach an area where you get a good look at Skull Crossing.

Spanning the great breadth of the gorge is Skull’s Crossing. The massive wall of stone holds back the waters of the Storval Deep—but only just. Thousands of skulls have been carved into the dam’s face, with fve larger ones decorating the middle length. The easternmost of these immense skulls is all but hidden by a steady flow of cascading water pouring through what appears to be a recent break in the dam. For now, the ancient dam seems to be holding its own against the Storval Deep, but unless these rains end soon, the recent flood looks to be but a minor precursor to a fantastic disaster.

Next?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Is this the same day? If so, how long did it take to get here?

Marcellano squints through the rain, shielding his eyes with his hand. "Looks like that break in the dam might be part of the problem--think there's anything up there we can use to repair it?" he calls over the din. He looks around to see if there is a way up onto the top of the dam--a walkway or somesuch.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"Or a more controlled release?" Adolina adds. "If we could open another one of those skulls then that would ease the pressure too..."

Assuming that there is a way up

Adolina leads the way, sticking to the shadows as always.

Stealth: 1d20 + 31 ⇒ (19) + 31 = 50 -10 if there's no shadows to be within 10 feet of.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

It is the next day. You would have slept near Fort Rannick and gotten here just before noon.
*rats*
Meant to mention that you were at C1 on the Skull Crossing map and there is a path that looks like it leads into dam area on the side that you are on.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

New day, new Herosim!

Robin uses his magics on Adolina and Cadas, making them feel like especially potent heroes!

"Maybe we could drop some giant rocks into the gap? If only we had some giants on OUR side for once!" Robin taps his chin in thoght. "Oh wait, I do know a few ogre jokes that might just charm one . . ."

Robin looks for clues as to the cause in the large break in the dam. Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Marcellano frowns. "A more controlled release would help keep the dam intact, for sure...but it wouldn't reduce the water volume. Better than nothing, though, I suppose. It would buy us time." He inclines his head to Narcizia and murmurs, "Go see what you can spot."

As he follows the group up toward the dam, Narcizia flaps off of his shoulder, circling high over the dam to observe the top of the area.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

dang site went down just after I posted in the discussion thread yesterday, then came back this morning for a bit and went down again. This is getting very frustrating.

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 191d4 ⇒ 4

A seven-foot-wide winding stairway of stone climbs the cliff face here(C2), reaching a height of nearly two hundred feet before ending at a cave mouth above. Hundreds of stakes line the edges of the stairway, many of them decorated with skulls—some animal, some humanoid, all marked with a strange skull-shaped rune on the brow. The stairs are sized for giant size creatures, and while it is difficult to travel up, it is doable with minimum hindrance.

Giant:
The skulls are territory markers for the Skulltaker trolls who dwell in the region.

Moving into the cave, the short passageway(C3) ends in a small alcove, but to the west, a fifteen foot high ledge provides access to a larger cave beyond. It will be a bit difficult to climb the ledge and it is rocky.

Next?
Map Updated
.
Use Both Skull Crossing maps. The regional map shows where the caves are and the mini maps show the interior of the caves.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"These skulls look like the territory markers for the Skulltaker trolls. Get your fire and acid ready!"

K. Local re Skulltaker trolls: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Robin looks askance at the tall cliff face standing in their way. "Does someone have some rope, or should we fly up?"

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"I could climb?" Adolina offers. "I'm pretty sure I can sneak past a troll though."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

"Be careful, if you do go," Marcellano says. "But I agree that we should try to move forward."


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

I wonder if multiple castings of Make Whole would close that rift in the dam? Cadas says out loud when she sees the damage. I can cast communal Air Walk again if we think its time for that.

That spell would actually let us bypass the cave, but its likely not a good idea. :)


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"Okay, let's have Adolina sneak up, and if it's clear, she can bring us up with a rope."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

There is certainly a threat here. Adolina is a great scout but we need to be able to come to her aid if she is challenged. Cadas explains as she casts the communal spell to allow the group to air walk.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

With the spell cast Adolina takes the lead, sticking to the shadows as normal. Cadas's magic makes the climb much easier and Adolina mentally thanks the gods for her companions, as she has done many times before!


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

Adolina;stealth +31: 1d20 + 31 ⇒ (17) + 31 = 48

Figuring the easiest was up the giant sized stairs was to air walk, Cadas casts the spell on the group. Adolina steps back a bit so her walk up will end just at the top of the stairs and waits for the others to walk up before stealthily moving to the entrance to the next area. As she gets there, she hears two creatures talking in a sort of pidgin language that she does not understand. Moving to where she can see, she sees an ettin in the next cavern, seemingly talking to itself.

Next?
Map Updated

Air Walk - Adolina, Marcellano, Robin: 20 minutes. Cadas: 30 minutes


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Assuming Adolina shares the info:
Marcellano murmurs to the others, "I speak Giant...let me see if I can make anything out." He creeps through the air toward the hidden spot Adolina found to listen to the ettin.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

@Marcellano - Roll a stealth check, please


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"I'll come with you!" says Robin, who also speaks Giant. Maybe he could help Marcellano figure out how to stay quiet?

Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas moves part way up and stops, waiting for a report from Adolina. She does not want to mess up the scout's chance at stealth.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Marcella o casts mage armor before climbing through the air, feet soundlessly padding on nothing.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Well thank goodness.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Spent a lot of time on the road, and took wife, daughter, grand daughter to Bronx Zoo yesterday. Exhausted....
@Robin - Giant is not listed as one of the languages you speak in your alias profile.

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 141d4 ⇒ 1

With the help of Adolina and Robin, Marcellano moves up closer to where the ettin is. Not able to see, but able to hear the beast. While he makes out most of what the ettin is saying, he misses some of the words. With the two sneaky folks help, he makes it back to the cave where just far enough away from the ettin to safely report to the group what he heard.

(Marcellano:) "They speak a language that has words from giant, goblin and one other, I believe orc, but I don't know that one so I only got the gist of what they were saying. One head is Gorger and the other is Chaw. Gorger was complaining that they should not have made the deal with the ogres to let them pass since the trolls were so nice to them, and Chaw disagrees saying that the human corpses tasted good. They both were also comparing the best way to roast elves or dwarves. Gorger wanted to cook them in a stew pot, while Chaw likes to roast them over a fire pit."

Next?
Map Updated

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"We could go past without a fight then." Adolina suggests, "Is there much point in attacking it if we can avoid? On the other hand it sounds like a thoroughly unpleasant creature the world would be better off without!"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

"I admit to being curious about the apparent conflict between the ogres and the trolls," Marcellano says, wiping his brow, tense after having briefly been in the role of spymaster. "But then, I'm not sure this fellow...er, fellows?...will give us much of a chance to engage in discussion. We can always try, I suppose, and fall back on violence if need be. I'm willing to open the negotiations."


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Now or later I think we must deal with this creature. I cannot suffer to let live a creature that eats men.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"Later then. We should conserve resources and deal with the dam. I suspect we can come back and deal with this thing another time if we have to." Adolina suggests.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"If they're here, they're probably involved with the dam problems somehow. I say we take them out now!"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Marcellano frowns. “I’m afraid I agree with Robin. If ogres came through here recently, they may have something to do with the dam’s failure. We should press on past the ettin.” He glances back toward the giant’s chamber. “The only question in my mind is whether we should attempt to interrogate him—then?—first.”


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas nods her head in agreement.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"Fine. I say we attack first and ask questions later. It doesn't seem very smart but I'll wager it is violent."

Adolina falls in line.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

I do not want that thing behind us. I hope it does not try to sound an alarm.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

"Very well, then," Marcellano nods grimly. Murmuring an incantation, he sketches some symbols over his forearms and a shimmering suit of armor briefly appears--a transient, purple image--over his body before vanishing like smoke.

Casting mage armor in preparation.

He lets the others lead the way.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Initiative:

Adolina: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Cadas: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Marcellano: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Robin: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Foe(s): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 111d4 ⇒ 1

Deciding that it is better to take the ettin out now, rather than leave it behind them, you prepare for battle.

Next?
Map Updated

Everyone UP
Init (HP Cur/Max, AC)

Adolina 26 (104/104, 22)
Foe(s) 21
Robin 16 (96/96, 20)
Marcellano 14 (68/68, 15,ma19)
Cadas 13 (84/85, 23,24 consecrated shield)

Adolina goes 1st. Ettin will smash her if she runs up, then the rest of you go so provide your round 1 actions, and finally Adolina goes again (round 2). At that point I will rearrange the initiative order.

Ettin:
HP80[80] AC18 T8 F18 CMD23; F9 R2 W5

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina disdains stealth in favor of her team-mates being able to aid her with magic. As she steps up she studies the Ettin carefully, clinical eye noting weaknesses.

Study Target, make sure I'm 5 feet in front of the rest. :)


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas will cast Barksin on Adolina +4AC and move 20' closer.

5,051 to 5,100 of 5,548 << first < prev | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Papa.DRB - Rise of the Runelords - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.