Rise of the Runelords by DM Doctor Evil (again)

Game Master DM DoctorEvil

Rise of the Runelord. Chapter 3

Hook Mountain Clanhold Overview Map

Hook Mountain Battle Mapb


5,251 to 5,300 of 5,548 << first < prev | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | next > last >>

Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Sorry, been sick with some GI issues.

DM rolls:

Demon Neg Level: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 vs DC 20

After having a brief discussion, the group heads back to the room with the two summoning / protection circles, and Cadas moves into the circle with the ash in it. As she does, you hear the control in the other room(C15) move, and their is a rumble deep in the dam as the flood gates lower and a controlled release of the water lowers the level in the lake behind the dam and while the water is let loose, the controlled fashion does not further flood the town.

The creature in the other circle, appears to be in pain, but is still there. "Now that your town is saved, release me" it says.

Cadas:
DC 20 Fort Save. Fail - Negative Level is permanent. Pass - Negative Level goes away tomorrow morning.

Next?
Map Updated


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

I’m a bit confused—how is the town saved? Because we relieved the pressure on the dam?


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Because it is a controlled release, rather than pouring out the opening in the dam. At least that is what the book says.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

So weird. Though it kind of reminds me of that whole Oroville Dam thing from a couple years back, where they were worried the whole dam would break. Changing how the water is released could mean the dam stays relatively intact. Someone would have to actually fix the darn thing long term, but that's not our problem.

"Cadas, are you okay?" Robin checks to make sure his friend is still alive.

Conversely, Robin seems to be taken aback by the devil. "Oh, are you still alive? Well then, I guess you beat me at this game after all!"

He turns and looks toward the others. "Should we get going, then? Still so much of this world left to save!"

It's pretty clear he's not that perturbed about breaking his word as a Hero of Sandpoint.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Fort Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Cadas looks drained from using her life force to power the mechanism. I, I think so Robin. I feel more tired that I thought to, but I will recover. She looks to the devil in the other circle and then pack to her party. I am ready to depart.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

I think that's the idea, we've let it drain somewhat which ups the river level but not catastrophically. If we hadn't then the dam would have shattered and the whole area would have been flooded. I recall being told it had been raining for weeks at this point?


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

That seems right. About the devil - Cadas is not of good alignment but I see no advantage to releasing the creature. We do need to warn the town it is here I guess. Its tempting to try to negotiate with it but its a devil so its likely much better at such things than us. :)


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Having carefully kept his tongue in the devil's presence before, Marcellano feels no need to honor any promises that others--even his companions--may have made to the creature. "That was a very brave--and possibly very stupid--thing to have attempted, Cadas," he says, offering his shoulder for her to lean on if she will accept it. "If this dam is indeed no longer a threat to the town, I say let us depart."


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas accepts Marcellano aid and only adds It was necessary.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"We leave then." Adolina agrees. "The creature seems well bound. Unless we want to kill it I don't think we can do anything better."


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 51d4 ⇒ 1

Having stopped the uncontrolled flooding, you head up from the control room to top of the dam room and look out to see the lake slowly receding below the break in the dam, and Turtleback Ferry is still there. You reach the bottom of the area and are faced with several choices.


1) Back to Shimmerglen to report you have not found the fort commander to Myriana.
2) Hook Mountain to take on the ogre clan.
3) Back to Magnimar to report what you have found so far.

Back in July 2018, this append....HERE outlined your options.

Everyone please level up to 10th character level before taking option 1, 2 or 3.

Next?


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Seems Hook Mountain may be our next port of call.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Agreed. Not much point trekking around to report failure when we could look to report success instead!


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Agreed as well!


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Hook mountain it is!


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 81d4 ⇒ 2

Following the trail down from the Skull Crossing dam, you reach the bottom, and even though it is still raining, you look back and are pleased with yourselves as the water in the river is starting to recede back into its normal banks now that the pressure is let up somewhat. You only hope that nothing changes to release the devil back in the circle.

Onward to Hook Mountain, you skirt the Valley of the Broken Trees and keep to the Kreegwood treeline as much as possible rather then work thru the more mountainous region to the north. Finally approaching what looks like a trail that leads up Hook Mountain to your destination, you leave the tree line and after a short climb, as the temperature chills, the rain that has been falling turns to snow, hampering your ascent.

Reaching the top of the 10,000 foot mountain takes about 5 hours of climbing, and when you get there(D1), constant flurries of windborne snow and frost lash at a gaping hole in the side of Hook Mountain here. Smoke pours forth from the cave entrance, only to be instantly dispersed by the wind.

Next?
Map Updated

See Hook Mountain Region map (black line for path) and
Hook Mountain Giant Clan map (for current location) in the spoiler at the top of the page.

Unless some healing is done, this is your current status:
(HP Cur/Max, AC)
Marcellano (68/68, 15,ma19)
Adolina (90/104, 25)
Shadowlina (37/45, 15]
Robin (93/96, 20)
Cadas (85/85, 23,24 consecrated shield)


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas can heal everyone up, including Shadowlina but needs to rest for a night to get rid of her negative level.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

This sounds like it takes more than one day tbh!

Adolina leads the way, as usual, but slows the pace when she sees Cadas lagging.

"We need to rest." She says, looking further up the mountain. "Before it gets too cold and difficult."


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

One change to the status post--Robin's new max HP is 110! So it's 107/110 for now.

Also, I agree that journey sounds like it would take more than a day. We would want to rest and recover along the way! Refresh spells, heal up, etc.

"How about a vacation at a warm Varisian beach!" Robin looks around with an excited expression, before letting it fade. "Oh, you just want to take a break for the night? I guess that's fine too."


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 141d4 ⇒ 3

While on the journey down, and thru the area leading to Hook Mountain, the group takes a break before the ascent up the mountain. Recovering spells and health over night, when morning breaks they make their way up to the entrance to the lair.

Next?


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Robin makes sure to cast Heroism in the evening on Cadas to help her recover from her energy-draining experience.

As the party arrives, Robin casts Heroism on the entire party.

Heroism: This spell imbues a single creature with great bravery and morale in battle. The target gains a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, saves, and skill checks. Lasts 100 minutes.

Robin shakes off the snow that has accumulated on his clothing and rubs his cold hands together. "Can't wait to go inside, meet some new friends, and sit by the fire!" he suggests, as they arrive at what appears to be the entrance to Hook Mountain.

Status: Heroism on entire party


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Does Cadas need another save for the drain effect?

In preparation Cadas will cast the following spells:

Freedom of Movement on Adolina

Communal Delay Poison

Magic Circle Against Evil

Barkskin on Cadas


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Didn’t realize it had been so long since the last post...hope all’s well. Regardless, spells are prepared, and Marcellano will cast mage armor. Note that I just learned teleport, so we now have an emergency escape hatch if we need it.

“I’ve no doubt that the Hook Mountain ogres would love to get you near their fire, Robin,” Marcellano comments dryly. “Perhaps closer than you’d like.”


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 21d4 ⇒ 4

During the rest period at the bottom of the mountain, Cadas recovers from the energy drain on her brought on by stepping into the summoning circle and saving the village of Turtleback Ferry. All the group, including Shadowlina are healed and once at the top of the mountain, Robin, Cadas and Marcellano casts spells on both themselves and the group in preparation for entering the mountain and hopefully the last lair of this area.

Just at the edge of sight, due to the wind blown snow flurries, you see two ogres, who seem to be paying close attention, not like the lazy ones back at Fort Rannick, however they do not seem to have noticed you yet.

Next?
Map Updated

Spells on group: (if different, let me know)
Heroism - 100 minutes per person (used 4 2nd level spells)
Freedom of Movement - 100 minutes on Adolina
Communal Delay Poison - 180 minutes on Adolina, Cadas; 120 minutes on Robin, Marcellano
Magic Circle Against Evil - 100 minutes on all who stay within 10 feet of Cadas
Barkskin - 100 minutes on Cadas


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas looks to Adolina as if to say You want to sneak up on them?

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"We'll deal with this." Adolina says quietly. "Be ready to join us when things start. Can anyone silence the area? Stop them raising the alarm..."

A Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (7) + 23 = 30
Shadowlina can float just beneath the surface of the ground, so I'm assuming there's no stealth problems there...

Adolina and Shadowlina will circle round and cut off D2 from the ogres. Then we can jump them for a surprise round and the rest of you can close/barrage them/whatever. A silence spell would be good if you have one - stop alarms. Otherwise, I say we finish them nice and quick!


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

No silence here, sorry!

Marcellano nods his assent to the plan.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Looks good on the spells. Adolina gets +2 to stealth due to Heroism.

Robin agrees with the plan!


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

Ogre; Perception +5: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 vs DC 32

I had a buddy play a bard from level 1 to level 17 in my home campaign, and the first thing he did whenever either in a dungeon or outside like this was to cast "Message" on the group and when it nearly ran out, recast it, so to facilitate communication within the group as Adolina is out scouting, I am going to assume Robin casts message. Right now it lasts 100 minutes and is good for 200 feet....

Adolina instructs Shadowlina to sink into the stone and follow out of sight as Adolina moves slowly and carefully to the edge of the mountain and follows the cliff so she ends up behind the ogres, who do seem to be very carefully watching, even in the blinding snow.

The rest of the group waits for the ready message from Adolina.

Next?
Map Updated

Spells on group: (if different, let me know)
Heroism - 100 minutes per person (used 4 2nd level spells)
Freedom of Movement - 100 minutes on Adolina
Communal Delay Poison - 180 minutes on Adolina, Cadas; 120 minutes on Robin, Marcellano
Magic Circle Against Evil - 100 minutes on all who stay within 10 feet of Cadas
Barkskin - 100 minutes on Cadas
Message - 100 minutes on all

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"Go!" Adolina whispers as she produces her glaive and stands ready.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Yes, thank you! I totally gave Robin that spell for that very reason.

On cue, Robin hurries into the fray!


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

I need to start prepping Silence. Someone remind me when next we rest!

Cadas casts Divine Favor and advances, wishing she was already hasted in this slowing armor.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Guessing you're just not listing it because of the long duration, but Marcellano also has 10 hours of mage armor.

Marcellano also strides forward, drawing his wand of magic missile as he does so, pausing at the lip of the ogres' camp.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina leaps forward to strike at the right-most ogre with her glaive, throwing a twisting feint before thrusting once and springing back again to block the entry-way.

Shadowlina floats quietly towards the left-most ogre and reaches out to caress it gently.

Improved Feint: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Glaive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Touch: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 Str Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Initiative:

Adolina: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Cadas: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Marcellano: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Robin: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Foe(s): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
DM rolls:

Ogre; Perception +5: 2d20 ⇒ (11, 11) = 22
Ogre Fighter;+1 ogre hook +16/+11 (2d8+13/19-20/×3): 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 16 - 2 = 212d8 + 13 ⇒ (8, 4) + 13 = 251d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 - 2 = 132d8 + 13 ⇒ (6, 2) + 13 = 21 vs AC 25 Adolina (str drained)
Ogre Fighter;+1 ogre hook +16/+11 (2d8+13/19-20/×3): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 352d8 + 13 ⇒ (5, 7) + 13 = 25 vs AC 15 Shadowlina (one attack only)
@Adolina, does Shadowlina get the "withdraw" move that you do, or does she go up to the ogre, attack and then has to stay there? For this round I am going to assume she also withdraws, but I am not sure that is correct. Also, what "condition" triggers the 29 AC vs the 25 AC?
@Others, I am "assuming" that you are double moving to get in range.

While Robin, Marcellano and Cadas move up, Adolina attacks the right most ogre from behind and moves away while Shadowlina touches the one to the left, reducing its strength.

Both ogres step up, one attack Adolina and one attacking Shadowlina. Both attacks on Adolina miss, however the ogres attack on Shadowlina hurt her.

Next?
Map Updated

Everyone UP
Init (HP Cur/Max, AC)

Robin 32 (110/110, 20)
Adolina 12 (104/104, 25)
Shadowlina (27/52, 15]
Marcellano 11 (76/76, 15,ma19)
Cadas 1 (95/95, 23,24 consecrated shield)
Foe(s) 1

Ogre Fighter:
HP r134 l141[141] AC21 T10 F20 CMD26; F13 R3 W5 +1 vs fear; l -2 str

Spells on group: (if different, let me know)
Heroism - 100 minutes per person (used 4 2nd level spells)
Freedom of Movement - 100 minutes on Adolina
Communal Delay Poison - 180 minutes on Adolina, Cadas; 120 minutes on Robin, Marcellano
Magic Circle Against Evil - 100 minutes on all who stay within 10 feet of Cadas
Barkskin - 100 minutes on Cadas
Message - 100 minutes on all
Mage Armor - 10 hours on Marcellano

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Shadowlina stays In, she doesn't have spring attack. The 29 a.c. is with mobility, so applies if I provoke Aaos from moving.

Also Shadowlina is incorporeal and so only tales half damage from the ogre hit, so 13 I think?


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"I've got you, Cadas, I learned a new disappearing trick!"

Robin moves forward, touches Cadas, and they vanish--only to appear in front of the ogre!

Move, cast Dimension Door. Bringing Cadas with me (she has to agree). Also, feel free to change the position if you want to, obviously it's harder to coordinate via PbP.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas agrees to travel with Robiin. I did reposition based on my plan to enlarge. when she arrives she 5' steps, swift enlarges, free action activates Bramble Armor and attacks.

+1 Large trident: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 2 = 252d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 4) + 6 = 11

+1 Large trident: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 192d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 2) + 6 = 11

Enlarged AC should be 28 with Barkskin and Protection from Evil


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

Adolina; Improved Feint: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Adolina;Glaive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 171d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Shadowlina;Touch;Str damage: 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 121d6 ⇒ 3
Ogre Fighter;+1 ogre hook +16/+11 (2d8+13/19-20/×3): 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 16 - 2 = 332d8 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 13 - 2 = 131d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 2 = 212d8 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 13 - 2 = 13 vs AC 15 Shadowlina (-2 str, 1st threat)
Ogre Fighter;+1 ogre hook +16/+11 (2d8+13/19-20/×3): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 182d8 + 13 ⇒ (1, 5) + 13 = 191d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 302d8 + 13 ⇒ (8, 1) + 13 = 22 vs AC 28 Cadas (2nd threat)
Ogre Fighter;+1 ogre hook +16/+11 (2d8+13/19-20/×3): 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 16 - 2 = 282d8 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (3, 8) + 13 - 2 = 22 vs AC 15 Shadowlina (confirmed, 48/2=24 total damage)
Ogre Fighter;+1 ogre hook +16/+11 (2d8+13/19-20/×3): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 152d8 + 13 ⇒ (4, 1) + 13 = 18 vs AC 28 Cadas
@Adolina, *dang* I keep forgetting incorporeal, so it is 12 damage (almost always round down).

Robin moves to Cadas, and using a spell, transports both of them to be within striking distance of the ogres. Adolina(bot) feints at the right most ogre, but misses with her glaive, while Shadowlina once again tries to touch the same ogre, however it misses. Marcellano(bot), assuming that his companions can handle two ogres, moves up and observes the situation. Cadas, now just within reach of the ogre, enlarges herself, creates her bramble armor and attacks the right most ogre, however only connecting with one hit.

The two ogres respond by attacking Shadowlina and Cadas. The one on Shadowlina hits her twice with its ogre hook, one of them critically. The ogre attacking Cadas, hits her solidly.

Next?
Map Updated

Everyone UP
Init (HP Cur/Max, AC)

Robin 32 (110/110, 20)
Adolina 12 (104/104, 25)
Shadowlina (16/52, 15] [was 27. +13 - 24 (48/2) leaves 16]
Marcellano 11 (76/76, 15,ma19)
Cadas 1 (73/95, 23,24 consecrated shield)
Foe(s) 1

Ogre Fighter:
HP r123 l141[141] AC21 T10 F20 CMD26; F13 R3 W5 +1 vs fear; l -2 str

Spells on group: (if different, let me know)
Heroism - 100 minutes per person (used 4 2nd level spells)
Freedom of Movement - 100 minutes on Adolina
Communal Delay Poison - 180 minutes on Adolina, Cadas; 120 minutes on Robin, Marcellano
Magic Circle Against Evil - 100 minutes on all who stay within 10 feet of Cadas
Barkskin - 100 minutes on Cadas
Message - 100 minutes on all
Mage Armor - 10 hours on Marcellano

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina steps up to join her shadow, striking hard at the ogre and staying inside his reach to force the creature onto the defensive.

Attack: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 2 = 25 Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Turns out I hadn't added my dex when I calculated my to hit mods...

Shadowlina withdraws, not wishing to face the ogres hook again.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"My, what giant hooks you have! Did did we interrupt your fishing trip?" Robin tries to inflict more unstoppable laughter on the far away ogre. Hideous Laughter, Will DC18

"How's it feel to pick on someone your own size?" Robin tries to inspire Cadas to new heights of greatness! +2 attack, +1 Fort, +22 Temp HP

Inspire Greatness:
: A bard of 9th level or higher can use his performance to inspire greatness in himself or a single willing ally within 30 feet, granting extra fighting capability. For every three levels a bard attains beyond 9th, he can target one additional ally while using this performance (up to a maximum of four at 18th level). To inspire greatness, all of the targets must be able to see and hear the bard. A creature inspired with greatness gains 2 bonus Hit Dice (d10s), the commensurate number of temporary hit points (apply the target’s Constitution modifier, if any, to these bonus Hit Dice), a +2 competence bonus on attack rolls, and a +1 competence bonus on Fortitude saves. The bonus Hit Dice count as regular Hit Dice for determining the effect of spells that are Hit Dice dependent. Inspire greatness is a mind-affecting ability and it relies on audible and visual components.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Flanbkinbg with Adolina now, and bolstered to great deeds by Robin, Cadas full attacks.

+1 Large trident: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 342d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 6 = 12

+1 Large trident: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 172d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 6 = 12

I am just never gonna be a huge damage dealer. That vicious trident would have helped but its the wrong size. Current AC is 27 and 22 temp hp


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Marcellano continues observing closely. So far Adolina's shadow has taken most of the worst of it, but now their attention seems to be falling on the corporeal members of the group as well. Moving out so he has a clear view of both ogres, he mutters a few arcane words and sends streaks of silver light flying toward the closest one.

Magic Missile (at the closer one): 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 4, 4) + 5 = 19


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

Ogre;Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 vs DC 18
Ogre Fighter;+1 ogre hook +16/+11 (2d8+13/19-20/×3): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 242d8 + 13 ⇒ (4, 5) + 13 = 221d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 182d8 + 13 ⇒ (3, 3) + 13 = 19 vs AC 25 Adolina

Robin provides Cadas with greatness in her attack on the ogres, and then he wittily casts a spell on the furthest ogre, and the ogre falls to the ground, laughing manically saying over and over "you funny." Adolina steps up, strikes and stays near the ogre after wounding it. Shadowlina withdraws from the ogre, not wishing to be hit again. Marcellano, seeing one ogre laughing on the ground, casts a spell and five force missiles hit the one that Adolina is fighting. Cadas swings her trident twice at the still standing ogre, and hits it once, damaging it slightly.

The still standing ogre swings his hook twice at Adolina but misses both times.

Next?
Map Updated

Everyone UP
Init (HP Cur/Max, AC)

Robin 32 (110/110, 20)
Adolina 12 (104/104, 25)
Shadowlina (16/52, 15]
Marcellano 11 (76/76, 15,ma19)
Cadas 1 (73/95, 23,24 consecrated shield)
Foe(s) 1

Ogre Fighter:
HP r123 l96[141] AC21 T10 F20 CMD26; F13 R3 W5 +1 vs fear; l -2 str

Spells on group: (if different, let me know)
Heroism - 100 minutes per person (used 4 2nd level spells)
Freedom of Movement - 100 minutes on Adolina
Communal Delay Poison - 180 minutes on Adolina, Cadas; 120 minutes on Robin, Marcellano
Magic Circle Against Evil - 100 minutes on all who stay within 10 feet of Cadas
Barkskin - 100 minutes on Cadas
Message - 100 minutes on all
Mage Armor - 10 hours on Marcellano
Ogre (yellow X) - Hideous laughter 1/10 rounds - 1 more save next round.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 95/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Hoping to help finish this ogre Cadas continues to fight.

+1 Large trident: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 292d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 5) + 6 = 12

+1 Large trident: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 182d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 2) + 6 = 14


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Robin switches to encouraging the entire party on! Move action to Inspire Courage.

Robin is delighted as his magics work on the ogre. "No, you funny!" he says, egging the ogre on.
Taunt: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26 vs 10+HD+Wis or shaken. Shaken lasts an additional round for every 5 over the DC.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina steps in, switching her glaive for the katana as she cuts at the ogre.

Attack: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 16 + 2 + 2 = 21 Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11
Attack 2: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 18 Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10

Well with those rolls I'm never going to achieve anything!


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Marcellano frowns, seeing that though the fight isn't going badly it also doesn't seem to be going well. "Time for something more extreme," he mutters. He moves to be just outside the ogre's reach and recites some arcane words, bringing his extended fingers around in wide arcs until they're joined and pointed at the ogre. Two jets of fire leap from his fingertips!

Scorching ray on the non-laughing ogre.

Touch Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 4 = 8 for 4d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 1) = 6
Touch Attack 2: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 4 = 13 for 4d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 6, 6) = 21


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

Ogre;will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 vs DC 18
Ogre Fighter;+1 ogre hook +16/+11 (2d8+13/19-20/×3): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 262d8 + 13 ⇒ (1, 7) + 13 = 211d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 122d8 + 13 ⇒ (4, 1) + 13 = 18 vs AC 25 Adolina

Robin, now that everyone is within hearing distance, helps the entire party instead of just Cadas. He also taunts the downed ogre who is shaken, as well as still laughing. Adolina continues to attack the still standing ogre, damaging it slightly, while Shadowlina stays away. Marcellano casts a spell, and twin rays of fire leave his fingertips, however one goes high and misses while the other hits the standing ogre squarely in the chest. Cadas stabs where her trident, hitting with her first swing, but missing with the followup.

Following the pattern of the attackers, the ogre swings its hook at Adolina, hitting her once and missing once.

Next?
Map Updated

Everyone UP
Init (HP Cur/Max, AC)

Robin 32 (110/110, 20)
Adolina 12 (83/104, 25)
Shadowlina (16/52, 15]
Marcellano 11 (76/76, 15,ma19)
Cadas 1 (73/95, 23,24 consecrated shield)
Foe(s) 1

Ogre Fighter:
HP r123 l52[141] AC21 T10 F20 CMD26; F13 R3 W5 +1 vs fear; l -2 str

Spells on group: (if different, let me know)
Heroism - 100 minutes per person (used 4 2nd level spells)
Freedom of Movement - 100 minutes on Adolina
Communal Delay Poison - 180 minutes on Adolina, Cadas; 120 minutes on Robin, Marcellano
Magic Circle Against Evil - 100 minutes on all who stay within 10 feet of Cadas
Barkskin - 100 minutes on Cadas
Message - 100 minutes on all
Mage Armor - 10 hours on Marcellano
Ogre (yellow X) - Hideous laughter 2/10 rounds - failed 2nd save so spell lasts all 10 rounds. Also, shaken 1/2 rounds

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 3/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 23/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Katana: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 16 + 2 + 2 = 24 Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16
Katana: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 21 Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11

Gods above...

Adolina steps up and slashes back and forth, katana flashing in the dim light.

5,251 to 5,300 of 5,548 << first < prev | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Papa.DRB - Rise of the Runelords - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.