Rise of the Runelords by DM Doctor Evil (again)

Game Master DM DoctorEvil

Rise of the Runelord. Chapter 3

Hook Mountain Clanhold Overview Map

Hook Mountain Battle Mapb


5,151 to 5,200 of 5,553 << first < prev | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"I think that's my cue then?" Adolina says smiling, before ducking into the shadows along with Shadowlina.

Stealth: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (3) + 22 = 25

She hugs the wall and attempts to open the first doors she comes to.

Token moved. Side note - I can't pick locks anymore, so we're back to Robin on that front. I can try to aid though :)


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

I can totally cover the lock-picking!

"Call us if you need anything!" says Robin. He casts Message on the party before Adolina departs.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

With these doors to the south we have a lot of choices. Cadas notes and keeps an eye on those southern doors.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 111d4 ⇒ 3

Moving ahead as there are no additional foe encounters on this level.

Moving thru the upper level if this area, with Adolina leading and after going thru each room, you discover a set of stairs going further down into the dam.

(C8&C9) The walls of this room are thick with green ropy fungus that hangs down over several windows, almost like curtains. Several large nests made of the stuff cover the floor. In (C9) the eastern room you find a secret cache that contains a cracked emerald worth 400 gp, a bent gold comb that looks like a behir (with its legs comprising the comb’s teeth) with tiny pearls for eyes worth 850 gp, and a pair of lacy pink gloves of swimming and climbing.

(C10) Three round windows in this room look out over the southern view from Skull’s Crossing. Additional skull carvings decorate the walls, ceiling, and even the floor. In the middle of the north wall stand massive stone double doors, their smooth surfaces smeared with graffiti written in dried blood in Giant: "BELOW DWELLS WET PAPA GRAZUUL! ALL HAIL WET PAPA GRAZUUL!"

(C11) This room is nearly clogged with thick coils of the strange, vinelike fungal growths, transforming the chamber into a
miniature jungle that reeks of damp mold and rot.

(C12) The southeastern section of this ancient room has collapsed away, leaving a treacherous-looking gap in the wall overlooking the lake far below.

Next?
Map Updated

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"Guess we should go downstairs, and watch out for Papa Wetzul or whatever his name is." Adolina says, white teeth flashing in the gloom.

"We'll go first, try and locate him." So saying the two 'Lines head downstairs, all sneaky like!!


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"Careful, whatever he is, I bet he's BIG!" Robin keeps a little distance as usual to allow Adolina to scout ahead.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

"I would bet so too," Marcellano comments with a frown. "Watch yourself, Adolina." Meanwhile, he tries to recall any lore he's heard of this area--or such a creature.

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Stealth: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (15) + 22 = 37
Stealth, Shadowlina: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 151d4 ⇒ 2

Moving slowly down the stairs with Adolina and Shadowlina leading the way, you form up behind them. At the set of double doors at the bottom, Adolina and Robin check it for traps and locks. Finding it not trapped and locked, Robin moves back next to Marcellano and Adolina slowly opens the door and peeks inside.

She sees:(C13) This cold, damp room features a large pool in the floor, the edges of which are caked with pale yellow slime and fungus. The surface of the pool bears a similar flm. Additional carvings of skulls decorate the walls here. To the south, an impressive mound of skulls—mostly from humanoids—lies heaped against the wall, where they partially block a large stone double door.

Next?
Map Updated

@Adolina - Correct, only light is from the party. (answer to question below)

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

What are the light levels like down here? I'm assuming no light at all unless its coming from the party?


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Earlier

If no one minds I'll wear these gloves for now. Cadas slips on the enchanted gloves.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Robin checks out the mold and slime in case he knows it to be dangerous.
K. nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

He's pretty confident it's safe!


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Marcellano places a gentle hand on Robin's shoulder and cough quietly to prevent the halfling from trying to eat the mold. Doesn't work well. He would know.

Knowledge (Dungeoneering) on the mold?: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26

Staring at the pile of skulls, the wizard whispers, "What great beast assembled that, do you think? Or is it a catacomb?"


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

I is likely that wet papa Grazuul is a troll that lives in the water. Cadas intones, saying what is likely on everyone's mind.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Initiative:

Adolina: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Cadas: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Marcellano: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Robin: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Foe(s): 1d20 ⇒ 10
DM rolls:

Grazuul; [dice=Grazuul; Trident;Bite: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 362d6 + 14 + 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) + 14 + (4, 5) = 321d6 ⇒ 11d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 332d6 + 14 + 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 14 + (6, 1) = 271d6 ⇒ 61d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 161d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 vs AC 20 Robin (only first attack with trident this round, and no bite!)

Adolina and Shadowlina make there way into the room, and move off to the right as Robin goes up to the pool, studying the water and pond slime, declaring it safe. Marcellano puts a hand on the halfling's shoulder and stops him from tasting the mold. Cadas moves up and enters the room also.

Suddenly a large troll like creature stands up thru the slime and with a swing of its trident attacks Robin, damaging the halfling, and apparently itself.

Next?
Map Updated

Everyone UP
Init (HP Cur/Max, AC)

Marcellano 27 (68/68, 15,ma19)
Adolina 26 (104/104, 22)
Robin 16 (64/96, 20) Ouch
Cadas 10 (84/85, 23,24 consecrated shield)
Foe(s) 10

Grazuul:
HP 146[147] AC19 T14 F14 CMD22; F17 R7 W3 +1 vs fear; Regen 5/fire-acid

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina leaps in towards the troll, her silver sword gleaming in the dom light. "Turn and face me fool!" She calls, ducking under the creature blow, striking and retreating with uncanny speed.

Shadowlina glides around to one side, reaching out to sap the trolls limbs as she does so.

Challenge, move in, strike and move out again. A.C. against the AAO will be 35. Shadowlina moves to flank with Robin.

Ad attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22 Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 6 = 19

Sha Touch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 STR Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Waiting to see if the troll takes an aoo on Adolina before Cadas acts.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"Oww!" cries a startled Robin as he's speared by the troll. He takes a step back to evade its reach. "Just like a troll to bathe in moldy water!" He simultaneously encourages his allies and tries to leave the troll in stitches!

5-foot step, Inspire Courage, Hideous Laughter - Will DC 18.

Hideous Laughter:
This spell afflicts the subject with uncontrollable laughter. It collapses into gales of manic laughter, falling prone. The subject can take no actions while laughing, but is not considered helpless. After the spell ends, it can act normally. On the creature’s next turn, it may attempt a new saving throw to end the effect. This is a full round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. If this save is successful, the effect ends. If not, the creature continues laughing for the entire duration.

A creature with an Intelligence score of 2 or lower is not affected. A creature whose type is different from the caster’s receives a +4 bonus on its saving throw, because humor doesn’t “translate” well.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

"Robin, NO!" Marcellano cries as Robin is stabbed. Relieved that the halfling is ok (for the moment), the wizard nonetheless waves his hands and utters an arcane word that blasts the troll with one of his most powerful spells: a bolt of pure electricity!

Lightning Bolt!: 9d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 4, 6, 4, 3, 1, 6, 6) = 37

DC 18 Reflex save halves the damage. Also, the bolt will technically hit the door behind the troll...and might blast through it, depending on the GM's call re: hit points of the door! Up to you.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Will try an If-Then type post.

If troll takes an AOO at Adolina then

Cadas takes a 5' step back and summons a large water elemental into the water behind the troll.

If troll does not take an AOO at Adolina then

Cadas moves into the corner, possibly provoking from the troll and then summons a large water elemental into the water behind the troll.

Large Water Elemental:

N Large outsider (elemental, extraplanar, water)
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +9

DEFENSE

AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+2 Dex, +1 dodge, +6 natural, –1 size)
hp 68 (8d10+24)
Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +2
DR 5/—; Immune elemental traits

OFFENSE

Speed 20 ft., swim 90 ft.
Melee 2 slams +12 (1d8+5)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks drench, vortex (DC 19, 10–40 ft.), water mastery

STATISTICS

Str 20, Dex 14, Con 17, Int 6, Wis 11, Cha 11
Base Atk +8; CMB +14; CMD 27
Feats Cleave, Dodge, Great Cleave, Power Attack
Skills Acrobatics +9, Escape Artist +11, Knowledge (planes) +5, Perception +9, Stealth +5, Swim +24
Languages Aquan

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Drench (Ex)

The elemental’s touch puts out non-magical flames of Large size or smaller. The creature can dispel magical fire it touches as dispel magic (caster level equals elemental’s HD).
Vortex (Su)

A water elemental can create a whirlpool as a standard action, at will. This ability functions identically to the whirlwind special attack, but can only form underwater and cannot leave the water.
Water Mastery (Ex)

A water elemental gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls if both it and its opponent are touching water. If the opponent or the elemental is touching the ground, the elemental takes a –4 penalty on attack and damage rolls. These modifiers apply to bull rush and overrun maneuvers, whether the elemental is initiating or resisting these kinds of attacks.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

Troll;Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 vs DC 18
Grazuul; Trident: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 362d6 + 14 + 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) + 14 + (5, 4) = 331d6 ⇒ 1 vs AC 35
Troll;Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 vs DC 18
Grazuul; Trident;Bite: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 322d6 + 14 + 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) + 14 + (2, 1) = 231d6 ⇒ 61d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 252d6 + 14 + 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 14 + (5, 4) = 301d6 ⇒ 51d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 201d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 vs AC 20

Marcellano yells momentarily at Robin, then quickly sends a bolt of electricity at the troll and full on damages the troll. Adolina challenges the troll, moves in, strikes it then moves back out, damaging it. However the troll gets a swing at her and hits her hard with its trident, also damaging itself. Robin tries to get the troll laughing, however his humor doesn't translate well into troll and the creature resists the spell. Cadas steps back and summons a large water elemental that appears behind the troll.

The troll steps up and continues its attack on Robin, this time hitting him twice with its trident and then biting him. He also seems to be damaging himself with each strike of the trident. A small amount of his wounds heal themselves up.

Next?
Map Updated

Everyone UP
Init (HP Cur/Max, AC)

Marcellano 27 (68/68, 15,ma19)
Adolina 26 (71/104, 25)
Robin 16 (1/96, 20) Really big OUCH!
Cadas 10 (84/85, 23,24 consecrated shield)
Foe(s) 10

Grazuul:
HP 83[147] AC19 T14 F14 CMD22; F17 R7 W3 +1 vs fear; Regen 5/fire-acid


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas, worried about Robin quick channels, excluding the troll before stepping back and blessing the group. She casts this spell defensively.

Channel: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 5, 5, 3) = 17

Concentration DC 17: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

The water elemental looks about, taking in its surroundings before full attacking with power attack

Slams: 1d20 + 16 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 16 - 3 = 211d8 + 5 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 + 6 = 15

Slams: 1d20 + 16 - 3 ⇒ (10) + 16 - 3 = 231d8 + 5 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 + 6 = 15

Bless is in effect.

Large Water Elemental:

N Large outsider (elemental, extraplanar, water)
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +9

DEFENSE

AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+2 Dex, +1 dodge, +6 natural, –1 size)
hp 68 (8d10+24)
Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +2
DR 5/—; Immune elemental traits

OFFENSE

Speed 20 ft., swim 90 ft.
Melee 2 slams +12 (1d8+5)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks drench, vortex (DC 19, 10–40 ft.), water mastery

STATISTICS

Str 20, Dex 14, Con 17, Int 6, Wis 11, Cha 11
Base Atk +8; CMB +14; CMD 27
Feats Cleave, Dodge, Great Cleave, Power Attack
Skills Acrobatics +9, Escape Artist +11, Knowledge (planes) +5, Perception +9, Stealth +5, Swim +24
Languages Aquan

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Drench (Ex)

The elemental’s touch puts out non-magical flames of Large size or smaller. The creature can dispel magical fire it touches as dispel magic (caster level equals elemental’s HD).
Vortex (Su)

A water elemental can create a whirlpool as a standard action, at will. This ability functions identically to the whirlwind special attack, but can only form underwater and cannot leave the water.
Water Mastery (Ex)

A water elemental gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls if both it and its opponent are touching water. If the opponent or the elemental is touching the ground, the elemental takes a –4 penalty on attack and damage rolls. These modifiers apply to bull rush and overrun maneuvers, whether the elemental is initiating or resisting these kinds of attacks.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

At the brink of unconsciousness, Robin stops with his wise-cracks. He takes a step back and conjures a sphere of invisibility. Both he and Marcellano vanish from view!

5-foot step, Invisibility Sphere. Stopped bardic performance because I figure it'd make it easier for the troll to find him. . . although maybe it doesn't matter.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Note that Grazuul had 2 STR drained last round so he has -1 to hit and -1 damage on all the rolls posted above Papa. I don't know if it would make a difference but its there!

Adolina leaps into the fray again, her own wounds far less important than the horrific blows Robin has taken. Shadowlina glides around to provide a flank.

As before, Spring Attack in, will provoke AAO but 35 AC and he has -1 from Str Drain so I'll risk it!

A: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 16 + 2 + 1 = 38 Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 6 = 15

S: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 30 Str Drain: 1d6 ⇒ 2

A Crit?: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 16 + 2 + 1 = 37 Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 6 = 15

I assume I can't confirm the confirm for more damage? :)

4 Str drain now so -2 on attack and damage rolls.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Spring Attack does not provoke from the enemy being attacked.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.
Cadas wrote:
Spring Attack does not provoke from the enemy being attacked.

Shiny - how I've missed that repeatedly I do not know...


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Now safe within Robin’s sphere of invisibility, Marcellano mutters, “I hope you’re all right, Robin,” before grabbing a few more components and intoning another spell. A bolt of green acid flies out of the air!

Acid arrow vs. touch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

The acid splashes over the troll, burning it and (hopefully) preventing its wounds from healing!

Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4 acid damage, and it takes another 2d4 for each of the next three rounds.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

You for got your Bless. And I posted it in such large test too.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Haha sorry - I always forget it applies to spells! Cadas is right that that should be a 19 vs. touch AC.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Nobody ever remembers Bless except the person who casts it! Also, I'm pretty sure you're not invisible any more now that you fired the acid arrow . . . although if it matters you ought to get the bonuses for having attacked from invisibility.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.
Robin the Jester wrote:
Nobody ever remembers Bless except the person who casts it! Also, I'm pretty sure you're not invisible any more now that you fired the acid arrow . . . although if it matters you ought to get the bonuses for having attacked from invisibility.

I remembered! But I'm the melee combatant, I ALWAYS remember things that boost my to hit scores!


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

Grazuul;Trident: 1d20 + 18 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 18 - 1 = 372d6 + 14 + 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) + 14 + (6, 6) = 321d6 ⇒ 6 vs AC 15 (threat)
Grazuul;Trident: 1d20 + 18 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 18 - 1 = 222d6 + 14 + 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) + 14 + (6, 4) = 301d6 ⇒ 3 vs AC 15 (critical)
Grazuul;Claw;Claw;Bite: 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 15 - 1 = 231d6 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 1 = 91d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 15 - 1 = 331d6 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 1 = 121d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 15 - 1 = 281d8 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 1 = 11 vs AC 29

Robin & Adolina & Troll given HP back

Marcellano conjures and blob of acid and it damages the troll, sticking to it. Adolina springs in, hits the troll and critically damages it, while Shadowlina reduces it strength again, however receiving an opportunistic attack from the troll, and Shadowlina fades back into ether. Robin steps back, ceases his bardic performance, and creates an invisibility sphere that encompasses himself and Marcellano. Cadas sees Robin get significantly hurt and quick channels to heal him some.

The troll drops the trident and using all its natural attacks focuses on Adolina, however only one of his claws hit her.

Next?

Not sure if Shadowlina moved in/out this turn, but it would have happened last round instead of the AOO on Adolina.

Adolina:
DC 15 Fortitude save. If the saving throw fails, the shadowdancer gains one permanent negative level. A successful saving throw avoids this negative level. A destroyed or dismissed shadow companion cannot be replaced for 30 days.

Everyone UP
Init (HP Cur/Max, AC)

Marcellano 27 (68/68, 15,ma19)
Adolina 26 (92/104, 25)
Shadowlina (-17/45, 15)
Robin 16 (27/96, 20)
Cadas 10 (84/85, 23,24 consecrated shield)
Foe(s) 10

Grazuul:
HP 5[4][147] AC19 T14 F14 CMD22; F17 R7 W3 +1 vs fear; Regen 5/fire-acid; Str -2

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Shadowlina is incorporeal and so only takes 50% damage from corporeal magical weapons, so 31 points I think? It mean's she's not dead, but damn weak... luckily troll dropped trident so she can fall back safely!

Shadowlina, her form shredded by a blow from the troll's trident, fades back into the wall for safety. Adolina meanwhile dances around the troll before launching a single, precise thrust. "Someone get that trident!"

Bluff to Feint: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Attack: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 16 + 1 = 32 Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 6 = 14

Wish item enhancement was like 2nd ed where you get an extra damage dice for each point!

Turn summary: Adolina uses Spring Attack to move around Grazuul, getting a free feint from Kitsune's Mystique. Then attacks once and uses the rest of her spring attack movement to fall back twenty feet so that he can't 5ft step and full attack.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas casts Barkskin (+3 AC) on herself, 5' steps and swift enlarges to flank with her elementa. The elemental full attacks the troll using Water Mastery and power attack.

Melee, slam: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 1 + 1 - 3 + 2 = 281d8 + 5 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 + 6 = 17

Melee, slam: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 1 + 1 - 3 + 2 = 311d8 + 5 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 + 6 = 13

Large Water Elemental:

N Large outsider (elemental, extraplanar, water)
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +9

DEFENSE

AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+2 Dex, +1 dodge, +6 natural, –1 size)
hp 68 (8d10+24)
Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +2
DR 5/—; Immune elemental traits

OFFENSE

Speed 20 ft., swim 90 ft.
Melee 2 slams +12 (1d8+5)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks drench, vortex (DC 19, 10–40 ft.), water mastery

STATISTICS

Str 20, Dex 14, Con 17, Int 6, Wis 11, Cha 11
Base Atk +8; CMB +14; CMD 27
Feats Cleave, Dodge, Great Cleave, Power Attack
Skills Acrobatics +9, Escape Artist +11, Knowledge (planes) +5, Perception +9, Stealth +5, Swim +24
Languages Aquan

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Drench (Ex)

The elemental’s touch puts out non-magical flames of Large size or smaller. The creature can dispel magical fire it touches as dispel magic (caster level equals elemental’s HD).
Vortex (Su)

A water elemental can create a whirlpool as a standard action, at will. This ability functions identically to the whirlwind special attack, but can only form underwater and cannot leave the water.
Water Mastery (Ex)

A water elemental gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls if both it and its opponent are touching water. If the opponent or the elemental is touching the ground, the elemental takes a –4 penalty on attack and damage rolls. These modifiers apply to bull rush and overrun maneuvers, whether the elemental is initiating or resisting these kinds of attacks.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

@Adolina - Forgot about that. Shadowlina is at 14 HP.

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 161d4 ⇒ 1

Adolina and Cadas elemental continue their assault on the scrag troll, and it goes down, however even laying their in the water, you can see that its wounds are starting to close.

Next?
Map Updated

Everyone UP
Init (HP Cur/Max, AC)

Marcellano 27 (68/68, 15,ma19)
Adolina 26 (92/104, 25)
Shadowlina (14/45, 15]
Robin 16 (27/96, 20)
Cadas 10 (84/85, 23,24 consecrated shield)
Foe(s) 10

Grazuul:
HP -34[4][147] AC19 T14 F14 CMD22; F17 R7 W3 +1 vs fear; Regen 5/fire-acid; Str -4

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"Marcel? Kill it?" Adolina asks, skirting the body to pick up it's strident, which is nearly as tall as she is.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas returns to normal size and has her elemental attack the body of the troll for a couple turns before dragging it up onto dry land. The acid should prevent it from regenerating for a round or two. she says as she studies the water. I'll have the elemental search the water for treasure and other passages.

Melee, slam: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 1 + 1 - 3 = 131d8 + 5 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 + 6 = 19

Melee, slam: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 1 + 1 - 3 = 191d8 + 5 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 + 6 = 18

Melee, slam: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 1 + 1 - 3 = 231d8 + 5 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 + 6 = 14

Melee, slam: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 1 + 1 - 3 = 311d8 + 5 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 + 6 = 19

Confirm?: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 1 + 1 - 3 = 141d8 + 5 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 + 6 = 20


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"Phew, that was close!" says the disembodied voice of Robin. You hear the sound of sloshing and the ripple of water as Robin gets close to identify anything of interest from the fallen enemy.

Detect magic


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Cadas is correct. The acid arrow should continue harming the troll for the next several rounds, so he should not be able to regenerate.

Marcellano descends the stairs and also examines the area with detect magic.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Shadowlina emerges from the wall, looking much the worse for wear, shreds ripped through her semicorporeal form. Adolina examines her closely, frowning at the date caused.

"Cadas, do you have anything to heal Shadowlina here?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

I do. Gozreh provides. The rest of you will have to stand back.

With the others far enough away Cade’s channels negative energy.

Channel: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 1, 1) = 9

Channel: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 1, 2) = 14


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 51d4 ⇒ 3

The elemental continues to pound Grazuul, and the continuing acid arrow prevents it from regenerating so the creature finally slips down into the water and you can see that it is dead and not healing itself.

After defeating Grazuul, the group checks for magical items, or items of value, however other than the magical adamantine trident, there is nothing worth noting.

During this time, Cadas calls upon Gozreh to heal Adolina shadow companion.

Next?
Map Updated

(HP Cur/Max, AC)
Marcellano (68/68, 15,ma19)
Adolina (92/104, 25)
Shadowlina (37/45, 15]
Robin (27/96, 20)
Cadas (84/85, 23,24 consecrated shield)

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"Thank the gods." Adolina says as the troll is confirmed to be dead. She shows the trident in her storage and begins a thorough examination of the room.

When she's done She looks up. "Ready to go?" She asks, before heading to the next door.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Wait Adolina. The trident is the weapon of my god. I would at least hold it and see if I can discern more of it. And if it is enchanted perhaps Marcellano or Robin can tell of its magic. Cadas casts Detect Magic and considers the trident.

I figure it is large if it's magic "enogh" it might be worth using. And some weapons have been know to resize. I tool Trident as a RP thing as it's really not that great of a weapon and this is the first one we have found. Let me dream. :)

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Yea, spellcraft is not my strong suit.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Adolina willingly pulls the trident back out again and offers it to Cadas.

"Be careful, something was hurting the troll every time he used this. And you don't regenerate like a troll would..."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Marcellano frowns. "Indeed...let me examine that." Taking the trident from Cadas gingerly (assuming she lets him!) he runs his fingers over it, muttering to himself as his eyes glow with blue light.

Also using detect magic and Spellcraft: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Ah. I have heard of such vicious enchantments Cadas agrees.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 131d4 ⇒ 3

Marcellano identifies the weapon as a +1 vicious adamantine trident. Robin asks for some healing before wishing to continue.

Next?
Map Updated

5 doors. NE, SE, S, SW, NW. Which one?

(HP Cur/Max, AC)
Marcellano (68/68, 15,ma19)
Adolina (92/104, 25)
Shadowlina (37/45, 15]
Robin (27/96, 20) Ouch
Cadas (84/85, 23,24 consecrated shield)


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Of course Robin, let me see what I can do to close those terrible wounds.

Cure Serious: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (3, 1, 6) + 8 = 18

Cure Critical: 4d8 + 8 ⇒ (4, 2, 4, 4) + 8 = 22

Channel: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 2, 6, 2) = 20 Should top off Cadas and Adolina too.

Is the weapon medium sized or large?

The enchant is not as repelling as I feared. I do not have an adamantine weapon Adolina. I would like to carry it, at least for now.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Marcellano surrenders it with a shrug. “On your own head be it. Shall we start with the door to the left and work clockwise?”

That’d be the NE door.

5,151 to 5,200 of 5,553 << first < prev | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Papa.DRB - Rise of the Runelords - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.