DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


951 to 1,000 of 3,743 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Shadow's Status

Glassworks - Outside

"Hey you kids! Just cause that old man gave you a tongue lashing don't mean you can go on 'an break his property! You might be temporary deputies and touched by the Gods or what have you but that don't mean you can take vengeance for slights!" screams GORVI who comes from Rat Alley to start yelling at all of you!


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid moves immediately to the door straight across the room opening it, passing Ro as she opens the office door on the left.

Moved everybody on the map! Make adjustments as needed. Where's Francesca?


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Dammit Gorvi! This is exactly what I wanted to avoid but can't worry about it now.

Rojava moves down to the next door, to the right of the office door, and opens it. Again she cracks the door and peeks before throwing it wide open.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Aye, we are forcibly entering and intend to use lethal force. It would probably be best if you fetch the guard.", Lia shouts back at the half-orc before following the others inside.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 20/20 | Ki 0/0 | AC:18(23) / T:18(23) / FF:13 | Fort: 3, Ref: 7, Will: 3 | CMD: 17 | Init: 3, Perception: 5

Meanwhile, several days out on sea, aboard the galleon Waverunner, an 11 year-old ponders problems in her cabin...

"See, Father, I was FRAMED! One of the other kids..." - ...No, too obvious...
"Father, the school was closed..." - ...No, he'll learn the truth
"Honorable Father, my life was in danger, someone intended to kidnap me for ransom from you..." - ...maybe, but how did I learn about it...
Pacing back and forth in her tiny cabin, searching for excuses, when there's really only one thing on her mind: Finally, I'll see Ameiko again!

Sorry all, it's a inside-crosspost for a JR-game. Just could not resist ;) - Plus depending on how long we'll stick around in Sandpoint, she may need to arrive with a guest cameo for timeline continuity. We would not want to mess around with time before we learn tried-and-tested spells for that, right?


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven ignores the man in favour of following Karmid as he opens a door, his crossbow trained on the inside. His mind already ready upon hearing "Goblins!".

"Come Lass. This be serious. Where be all these Goblins! If they're here inside then something foul is afoot."


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Technicals, 'Up On The Roooof ...':
YouTube Song Link

Taking 10 if I can - a Per of +9 will let me hit that 18 cleanly. If I can't Take 10, though ...

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

.... I'll hear them anyhow.

Presuming it's action time for me, 5-foot step back and start killing gobbos.

Targeting priority: first, with a cross/bow in their hands; second, reaching for a bow; third, holding spears/daggers/throwing weapons; fourth, being a goblin.
Attack = 2 + 2 (Dex) + 1 (Weapon Focus) + 1 (masterwork) = +6

Fox One!!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Dmg 1: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Fox Two!!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Dmg 2: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Don't think that latter is going to hit their flat-footed AC, but one down, a zillion to go. ;)

Action, Up On The Roof:

Windsight can hear the bloody little buggers, almost well (well, not quite) enough to give him a good idea where each one of them is. Re-confirming his hold on his bow, he waits a heartbeat more, then shifts back into view of his victims-to-be, carefully selecting as his first targets those with bows in their hands. Failing that, those with bows near or on them; failing that, those with something nasty to throw at him. That much glass, any of them could fit into the third category, but a spear is a lot more dangerous than a chunk of glass.

Erastil forgive me, but I am in very real danger of gaining a serious, thorough hatred of these things ... The snap of the bowstring against his forearm guard as he fires in anger is sweet to his ears; perhaps that's why he rushes the second shot, shattering the arrow against the floor of the furnace room ...


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas sighs, and shakes her head. She glowers at the yelling man, and steels herself for the upcoming action.


Shadow's Status

Glassworks - Karmid

Several cabinets and shelves containing files and contracts fill this room. The next door appear to lead outside, there are no othr doors that lead inside here.


Shadow's Status

Glassworks - Ro

As you open this door you see that you can either head right or left both halls end in a door. But which one is the correct one?!

Perception DC 15:
You hear a Goblin voice cry out, though still muffled, "Burns. It BURNS!" But you cannot tell which door will bring you there faster...


Female Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Fey) of Desna - Level 2 - HP = 17/17 | AC = 13 | CMD = 14 | F +3 | R +3 | W +6 | Ini +9 | Per + 4 | Channels 4/9 Shadow's Status |

Glassworks - Talene

Talene steps into the room standing in the doorway, "Which way Ro?"


Shadow's Status

Glassworks - Windsight on the Roof

Windsight:
The room is simply full of these little buggers! Most hold dog slicers and about half are holding molten glass with tongs.

Your first arrow slices clean through one dead center in this huge room.

Three look up at you, "Throws the glass at him!"

"Melt the Longshanks!" another screams.

Three of the Goblins attempt to do just that.

But all miss and badly. One manages to get the wax on himself! "Burns. It BURNS!"

DMD ONLY:
Goblin Glass #1 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6. Goblin Glass #2 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4. Goblin Glass #3 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0.


Shadow's Status

Glassworks - Outside

Gorvi growls, "Whatcha think I'm stoopid Lia! You all are supposed to be tha' guards. I'll fetch the Father he'll straighten you out".


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Cursing under his breath, Karmid backs out and moves to head down the hallway Ro and Talene are moving down.
Being too polite to just push through, he tries to wait patiently aimlessly smacking his hammer into his hand.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Looking at the two directions, the choice is easy.

"This way!" Rojava says as she runs down to the door on the right. It's closer so great if it's the right choice. If it's a dead end though there's less distance to backtrack.

She cracks the door to peek inside just like the ones before.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven follows though He's perplexed at the doors and unsure which one leads to where.
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

"I hear voices but where I cannae say."


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

With Karmid's patience wearing thin, he pushes past Telene and further into the facility.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gorvi, we aren't here trying to hurt the old man, or for some kind of misguided vengeance. We think Ameiko is in danger. Lia's godgift gave us information that there are Goblins ransacking the place and they've likely hurt the old man, not to mention Ameiko! If you want to get the Father, that would be good. We may well need his skill in prayer this evening. Now, please stay out of the way so we can do what we can to help! Gwyd says with a strain of exasperation. Without waiting to truly hear a reply, he follows the group through, trying to keep his eyes moving, alert to dangers.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia looks up.
Ceiling. Roof. Skylights.
Lia looks around.
Goblins. Death. Chaos.
Lia looks down.
There?
"Does the glassworks have a cellar? Ameiko should be there!"

OOC thoughts:
If she got trapped here, she could have tried to flee through a window or sneak out on this floor. If she was taken prisoner, whoever took her will likely not risk the chaotic little murderers near her. If there is a second floor(must be below because skylights), genre savvyness dictates she's there, also making our choosen method of entrance irrelevant since we are "normalized" by the way down, anyway.


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas moves immediately behind Karimd, and gently places her hand on his back., and gently whispers.

"Let's get in there. Strike hard; strike fast."

Big plans this weekend, and so I'll probably not be posting, feel free to bot me if needed.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Dices!:

Karmid's 3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Karmid's 4: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

On The Roof:
For a moment, the sight of the goblin getting horribly seared by the glowing molten glass breaks Windsight's focus; the first arrow he fires at that particular specimen misses, bouncing into the stonework and shattering.

The second does not, sinking into the screaming goblin's heart - a mercy killing that might prove to have been foolish, seeing as there are other goblins with molten glass down there ...


Shadow's Status

Glassworks

As Ro slowly opens the door she sees that she is not the only one with an idea of sneaking up on an opponent, two Goblins are tiptoeing towards her. They spot her immediately and cry challenges raising their dog slicers in her direction!

Initiative!
Goblins Group 1 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Goblins Group 2 (Pic Holding Dog Slicer)1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Gwyddym Soarsong 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Drasven Hammers 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Lia Tani 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Karmid Groundbreaker 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Rojava Brishen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Windsight 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Xarmas Misinirith 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Round 1 - Order - Gwydd, Lia & Windsight
Goblins Group 2
Drasven & Xarmas
Goblins Group 1
Karmid, Ro, & Talene

Gwydd can clearly hear the howl of the Goblins from inside the complex with all of the doors now open, Gorvi starts and runs away form the Glassworks!

Gwydd and Lia GO!

Ro hears a Goblin shriek, she can only assume it is a result of another arrow from Windsight!

Windsight:
You have slain another one! That was ayour Round 1 action.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

When she opens the door to see goblins advancing on her and hear the mass of goblin voices and sounds in the room Ro freezes.

Oh Goddess, so this is how I die. I had plans... is her first thought. Her next is to shout back to the others.

"Hurry everyone! It's really bad in here!"


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

As Gorvi turns and runs from the Glassworks, Gwyd shakes his head. Turns tail at the sound of Goblins. Let's hope he's going for help.

Without another thought, Gwyd turns and plunges through the open door toward the sound, scrambling around the hall until he finds himself in the company of Karmid, Ro, and Lia. As he skids to a halt, he begins singing in a low guttural voice, letting the encouraging words flow over his compatriots.

Bardic Performance, 8/9 rounds remaining. IC active.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia moves towards the others, then gently touches Karmid:"You boast a lot. You are lucky to be lucky!"
Touch of luck, roll twice on any D20 next round. My way is kind of blocked unless I want to be alone in front of the goblins or go the other way round, so only limited options, here.


Shadow's Status

Glassworks

Round 1 - Goblin Group 2

Windsight:
The poor tactics of the Goblins are on display as most charge to and block the entrance to the room. It is clear the attack on the town was coordinated by someone other than Goblins. One goblin though heads to the far door, a flanking maneuver perhaps?

The first two goblins that see Ro slice at her with their dogslicers!

DMD ONLY:
Lime Goblin 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21.Critical? 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 NO! Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2 - Steel Goblin Flank1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 2 = 22. 1d4 ⇒ 2

The weapons could be renamed Roslicers as both Goblins connect with the deadly blades.

Ro lose 4 HP!

Drasven & Xarmas GO!


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Shoot 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 4 = 51d8 ⇒ 2
Drasven arms jerk as he fires into the melee, the sotck of his crossbow slamming hard into his chest as a misaligned footing caused him to miss his target.


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas focuses inward for just but a moment, and her pupils grow wide and glassy. She runs into the building, following her companions closely. When she sees the melee, she runs in, ready for battle.

She needs a double-move to get into position. She also switches her Animal Focus to Bull for +2 Strength.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

I'll get to go eventually! Right? Patience! =) Hmmm...Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr. Ok! I'm fine now.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Hey, you're not the one waiting and getting hacked on! Don't worry though, I'll make some room for you up front! ;)


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Aye, and then watch your dual-attack roll be a 20 and a 19, and the dual confirmation be a 1 and 2, and silently curse the RNG for grouping them that way. :)


Shadow's Status

Glassworks

Round 1 - Goblin Group 1

The Goblins in the glasswork room continue to grab and throw heated glass at Windsight!

Goblin:
Glass #1 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14. Goblin Glass #2 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
.

Both once again miss the mark.

Karmid, Ro, & Talene - Go! to end Round 1


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid will squeeze past Ro to enter the room fully!

He expects an AoO for that from the front goblin.

Raising his Angela, Karmid swings for the closest Goblin.

"Eat hammer gobbo!"

Earthbreaker(2-Handed): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 6) + 4 = 16

...and learns what happens to a goblin's head when it explodes!


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

The two slices from the goblins sting and bleed, but Rojava isn't as hurt as she feared. Still, she knows that no matter how well she fights, the crowd rushing her will cut her to pieces if she stays where she's at. "Between hammer and anvil" or "cork in a bottle came to her mind, nowhere to go.

She also wished she'd opted for her rapier over the bow, but she would just have to make the best of it. Ro quickly devised two plans, all depending on how her shot went. She brings her bow up and snaps off a shot with the arrow she has nocked, aiming dead center of one of the goblins in front of her. green

"Help me now Mother Moon!" Begin luck

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 25

Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 10

The goblin drops with the arrow buried deep in its chest. Excelent plan A then!

Ro rushes over the downed goblin and to her right. "Karmid! I made some space for you up here"!


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Hm, I was afraid this would happen. Ro and Karmid's actions are a bit tangled. I tried to beat Karmid to posting but I was mobile and on my phone so we were posting at the same time and his went up first. Depending on who does what first I'd like to change Ro's actions a bit.

If Ro shoots and moves first, I'll keep things as written above, ending my move at the present location. Maybe Karmid could hit grey then? It seems like he has green in mind looking at his move.

If Karmid arrives first, Ro will redirect her shot from green to grey, immediately to green's left. Her movement will still be the same.

If Ro shoots before Karmid arrives, she could draw both the AoO's from green and grey, meaning Karmid won't draw any for his move, and assuming they don't have Combat Reflexes. If Karmid moves first the the opposite, He could draw green and grey's AoO's leaving Ro frre to shoot without attacks against her. They could also split the attacks one each I guess.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Goblinsliced:
I'd just let the GM decide who gets goblinsliced. Either way, it winds up with Karmid attacking and killing one, and you attacking and killing the other. I mean, you know, presuming they don't kill one of you with AoO's before you can attack ... ;)

I'm such a cheerful guy. :D


Not my decision to make, obviously, but Karmid posted almost an hour before Ro....56 minutes. He didn't really have a window to alter his action. Ro was able to adapt, so I would go with her altering her action as posted later and Karmid eating the AoO.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Weird! I don't know how I missed that difference. I thought it was just a few minutes. That's how long it took me to get that post out. Karmid's wasn't up when I started mine, and almost an hour old by the time I managed to finish it. Never mind then. :/


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Sorry Ro. I wasn't trying to cause a controversy. Just trying to bash goblins! =)


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13
Karmid Groundbreaker wrote:
Sorry Ro. I wasn't trying to cause a controversy. Just trying to bash goblins! =)

Oh, no need to be sorry at all! I was hoping to get in first because I wanted to make sure you had room to get to the front. But it looks like you've managed that regardless of how things play out. Maybe I'm not totally up on the movement rules, but I thought you wouldn't have a space you could occupy unless I opened one for you.

I was tired, but I'm still surprised I read the post times so far off what they actually were.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Will hold off on actions while deciding which goblin to shoot. Move action to reload though.


Shadow's Status

Glassworks

Round 1

Ro shifts sideways to allow her more martial companions space to do what they do best, in the process her bow brings a goblin low but not before it takes one last swipe at her!

DMD ONLY:
AoO Goblin on Ro - Steel Goblin 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21. Confirm Critical? 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15. Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3.

The Goblin's strike slices Ro's shoulder and only narrowly misses slicing her neck! Take 3 more damage Ro.

Karmid's earthbreaker proves once again that it breaks more than just earth and oversized bugs as the Goblin literally explodes in gore washing himself and Ro in the splatter.

From this angle, both young adventurers can see there are many, many more where they came from. Of course, there are a few lying motionless with arrows protruding from them as well so it appears that Windsight's daily practice is paying off huge dividends!

Talene moves into position behind Xarmas and releases a wave of positive energy which heals some of Ro's wounds. "Desna, heal my allies against the strikes of these horrible little beasts!" 1d6 ⇒ 5

Ro took a 5' step away from steel so no AoO but used a ranged attack on lime thus provoking an AoO. Karmid was able to move forward right at steel without squeezing through so no AoO triggered.

Round 2 - Order - Gwydd, Lia & Windsight - GO!
Goblins Group 2
Drasven & Xarmas
Goblins Group 1
Karmid, Ro, & Talene


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Rolls:

Y'know, I just realized that I've been low-balling my damage. +1 to hit for Point-Blank Range, -1 to hit for Deadly Aim; +1 to damage for Point-Blank Range, +2 to damage for Deadly Aim. So the following rolls are presuming the stairs-escape goblin (who is, after all, my natural target - 'Don't bother running, you'll only die tired') is w/in 30'. If not, -1 to hit, -1 to damage.

No Escape: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage, Karmid Arrow #5: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

No Quarter: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage, Karmid Arrow #6: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

I daresay that second one does the job.
------------------------------------------

Seeing the rogue goblin scampering for an exit, Windsight shifts his aim to him. No you don't, he thinks, releasing his next arrow at the thing, then - before the first is halfway there - nocking and releasing the next, trying to properly lead the big-headed mayhem marauder. The first has too much lead, and buries itself in the wall beyond, snapping as the head stops but the rest of the shaft doesn't; the second, however, has the proper windage, as it were, and nails the goblin's head to the wall just past the broken shaft.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Sorry! Meant to post last night. D'oh.

Gwyd watches as the goblins slice into Ro. With grim determination, he makes his way across the space, moving through the flattened remains of one of the goblins. As he stops next to Ro, he reaches out and claps her shoulder, letting soothing magic flow through the touch.

Cure Wounds (Light): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
BP: 8/9 remaining (yay Harmonic Spell!), IC active

Damn unfriendly dice roller. *shakes fist* :) I will have to update the map when I get home (work network has us locked out of Google docs). My intent is to get to the far side of Ro from where I am now.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia moves across the room as well, aiming at one of the Goblins charging towards the group, and presses the trigger. Not ever having shot at some..one before, she's more scared and surprised than she'd like to be, and the bolt sails past her intended target.
Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven doesn't loose anything seeing that his companions have everything well in hand. Seriously the arrows from his companions were hitting their mark and Karmid? Karmid was currently now an mposing figure with splattered gore and advancing like a titan of war!

Drasven feels like taking out his pipe to take a quick puff while strolling through this however there's a time and place for everything and this wasn't it.

Instead he asks.
"How many more of these blighters?"


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Eleven, give or take, around here", Lia states absent-mindedly in answer to Drasven, then is surprised: "That many? But I only see half that amount!?"


Shadow's Status

Glassworks

Round 2

Windsight's arrow takes down yet another Goblin! Gwydd, Ro, Karmid, and Lia see it go down, head shot killing it instantaneously.

Lia's bolt slams harmlessly into the door frame while Drasven loads his crossbow for another shot.

Two of the Goblins with dogslicers charge at Gwydd and Lia while a third Gwydd and Lia can see heads out a door at the far end of the room!

DMD:
Brick Red Goblin 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6. Navy Blue Goblin 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12.

Both Goblins fail to his their intended targets.

Round 2 - Drasven just reloaded this round I think.
Xarmas GO!
Goblins Group 1
Karmid, Ro, & Talene


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas moves quickly to one of the nearest goblins, and swings her quarterstaff at his head.

She is going after the blue goblin to the east.

Melee Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Shadow's Status

Glassworks

Round 2

Xarmas' swing delivers naught but air at the little foe.

From the room more Goblins pile into the small space easily climbing over the bodies of their fallen comrades to get to you, drawing their dogslicers they swing!

DMD ONLY:
Brown Goblin vs. Xarmas 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4. Lime Green Goblin vs. Lia Flank 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10.

Whether unsure footing or lack of skill, both Goblins miss their intended targets Lia and Xarmas.

Karmid, Ro, & Talene - Complete Round 2!

Windsight:
Note, you have only one target left in this room based upon your vantage point from the roof! :-) Well done.

951 to 1,000 of 3,743 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.