DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


701 to 750 of 3,743 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava takes Gwydd's bag and snatches Francesca's as well.

"Yes Fran, go see what else you can find. I've got this."

She pours her own take into Gwydd's sack and hands them her empty one. Then she treks off toward the horses smiling to herself.

The Great Game:
Eh, like I said, there's no way I'm going to stay at the top, so a running competition doesn't sound all that appealing. Just wanted to mention my brief moment of glory :)


Female NG Human Fighter (Armor Master) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 22 (T: 13, F: 18) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20'

She gets taken aback in surprise for a moment, and then when she turns to see her running off with both gwyd's and her pack... She put two and two together.

She haulers over at the sprinting girl "You hurry back, you little runt!".

Sighting, she leans down to pull away a few branches to reveal what looks like a bush of wild raspberries, collecting them with care.

"You do know what she's trying to do, right?" She says with a slight exasperated sigh in her voice, towards Gwyd, once Ro was far enough away.


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas, in quiet speculation, decides that the only impartial judge is a panel of judges.

"Why, we get three of the God-Marked! They sit as a panel, and act as judge, so when my tiny little frame destroys you, there will be at least three witnesses!"

She winks, and begins plotting.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

I've got a bit of an idea. What do YOU think she's trying to do? Gwyd says, trying to sound as innocent as he can.

Bluff (for grins): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Female NG Human Fighter (Armor Master) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 22 (T: 13, F: 18) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20'

"My sister, can't seem to stand the thought of me not being hopelessly enamored with someone else, and believes it her duty to set me up with people. In this instance, you. .. If you hadn't noticed."

She chuckles a little, and then winces as she pricked her fingers against the wild bush's thorns.

"Ouch." she explaims real quick, then takes pause to look over towards Gwyd while she sits down rested against a tree, taking a little break.

"I appreciate that she cares, but I wish she'd accept that I'm not in a hurry in that department. I... don't exactly tend to throw myself at people. I take my time." she muses a bit, thinking out loud.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Heading towards the pond shortly after the dressing work, opting to wash off the blood before it dries, Lia watches Gwyd and Fran in the distance.


"A cute couple, aren't they? Or rather, they will be, possibly?", Flutter puts her thoughts into words.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Cute kids, too. One will be godmarked, as well. I wonder if thats like a bloodline...I mean...", musing to Flutter, her gaze moves around, then rests on Aldern and Windsight talking, and she suddenly blushes violently seeing two possible futures with children for herself.
Splashing some cold water on her face to refresh herself after washing her hands, she quickly forgets and returns to the others, with her usual facial color restored.


Shadow's Status

Lakeside - Lia, Windsight, Gwydd, Drasven, and Fran

Aldern's gaze shifts towards Lia, "Indeed. Most women are difficult to understand at least that has been my experience. But when you find one that is special, well, a man should never let go if he can help it...

Tell me Windsight, we have spoken very little, why do you dwell here and not with your people the Shoanti?" He asks as he watches Xarmas tie up the boar he was working on and carry it to the horses with Karmid.

Ro comes from the forest holding a sack of fruits, veggies, and mushrooms to make the evening feast a memorable one. Fran and Gwydd are still in the forest remarkably having continued success at picking berries and mushrooms for the evenings feast!

Ro then falls in line behind Xarmas and Karmid back to the horses.

Drasven watches the perimeter but he sees no threats looming near the group. No doubt though these kills will attract something, whether predator or scavenger.

Great survival rolls gang! If someone wants to pick an herb needed to brew an alchemical mix of some sort, whether by themselves or have an NPC do it, consider the ingredients found during this foraging session.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Back Into the Tickwood - Karmid, Xarmas, and Ro

Karmid, Xarmas, and Ro banter back and forth the trek is set at a brisk pace with Ro shuffling as fast as she can to keep up.

DMD ONLY:
Perception - Karmid Groundbreaker 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Rojava Brishen 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Xarmas Misinirith 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 DC 12.

Initiative - Karmid Groundbreaker 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Rojava Brishen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Xarmas Misinirith 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Giant Tick Initiative 1d20 ⇒ 12
Giant Ticks 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Xarmas and Karmid are able to hear the whinnying of the horses, a sound borne of anxiety and fear, that sound alerts them to the danger overhead as six Giant Ticks drop upon them!

Ro, as you are surprised you will be considered flat footed for this round and will act last.

Initiative -
Karmid & Xarmas
Giant Ticks,
Ro.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

"Look out Ro!"

Using the carcass as a big club, Karmid will attempt to use it to deflect the ticks attack on the oblivious Rojava!

Aid Another for AC bonus...

Aid Another Attack Roll (Non Proficient): 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 4 = 20

Success! +2 AC to Rojava this round!


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Thank you Karmid but Rojava has uncanny dodge and actually can't be caught flat footed. She's down on AC by 1 because she doesn't have her buckler out but you might be better off just attacking, though I'll happy take the AC boost if you prefer.

DMD could Karmid reconsider if he wants given the circumstances?


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

I'm good. Keep the bonus. It's what Karmid would do.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

The short Shoanti lets the corner of his mouth twitch upwards in an almost-smile. "One born to the Plateau, unlike Karmid who was orphaned here, you mean?" In response, however, Windsight merely draws up the loose sleeve of his tunic, to fully expose the dark birthmark that goes from the top of his shoulder to the lump of his wrist where the ulna ends - Erastil's bow, the string and arrow running up the inside of his arm. "I travelled for years to find this place, where the shamans of my tribe said I should be." He then gives a shrug, as if to say, 'With a Godmark such as this, where else should I go?'

That said, though, he joins Drasven in watching the perimeter from the clearing's rough center, just in case. It might be noticed, though, that his gaze does drift with somewhat greater frequency to Lia's form.

Once the foragers return - with great bounty!! - he gives that slight smile of his and says, "The Gods bless us today." When this remainder begins to trek back to the horses, he takes up the position of Tail-End Charlie, his bow remaining at the ready.

Giant Tick Attack:
DMD wrote:
Xarmas and Karmid are able to hear the whinnying of the horses, a sound borne of anxiety and fear, that sound alerts them to the danger overhead as six Giant Ticks drop upon them!...

I laughed. Loudly. Very. I didn't think Karmid was serious about them!!


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

I actually read up on the Tickwood before I made the comments! Live and learn.=)


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas, her God-Marked senses protecting her as always, hops back a step as a Giant Tick lands in front of her. She growls, a low, feral growl. As the growl leaves her throat, her muscles flex under her clothing, and she bulks up visibly. The growl gets deeper and deeper, till it is hardly audible, but rather felt.

She draws her quarterstaff, and rushes forward swinging it will all her might at one of the ticks.

Melee Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

"Karmid!!! Is this your idea of a joke?!?"

Swift to activate Animal Focus (Bull), she draws her quarterstaff as part of her movement, and standard to attack.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAND a miss. She had such a good start, eh? :P


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13
Karmid Groundbreaker wrote:
I'm good. Keep the bonus. It's what Karmid would do.

Aw, what a sweetie!


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

With a rough sarcasm coming out in between sudden gasps for air, Karmid replies nonplussed. This is technically Karmid's responses divided up through the fight...

"Yes, I purposely captured 6 Giant Ticks!...Then hid them in the trees of the 'TIckwood'...just so I can have
them attack me AND my friends...at the exact place and moment when it would be the funniest for it to occur!"


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Snarl on her lips, she turns to Karmid with a sharp retort. Her eyes are glossy, and seem to have increased in size slightly.

As she opens her mouth to snap at him, she pauses. And laughs at the absurdity of it all.

"Alright, alright. You get a pass this time!"


Shadow's Status

Bug Off!

Xarmas' strike misses the Tick as they land on and around the hunters.

DMD ONLY:
Tick #1 Bite Karmid 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15. Tick #2 Bite Karmid1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1. Tick #3 Bite Ro 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2. Tick #4 Bite Ro 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12. Tick #5 Bite Xarmas 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6. Tick #6 Bite Xarmas 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11.

Despite Karmid's assistance one of the ticks lands on Ro ad the other upon Karmid, Xarmas' quick feet allow her to avoid the ticks.

Karmid takes 1 and Ro takes 2 damage. Karmid and Ro please make Fortitude saving throws DC 13.

Ro your attack! Round 1.

Round 2 -Karmid and Xarmas take your round 2 Attacks


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro hustles along behind Xarmas and Karmid, doing her best to keep pace with them despite her load. The bags are heavier than she had expected them to be, and not easily carried. The things I do for my sister, I swear...

Karmid suddenly bounces back toward Rojava, unshouldering the boar he's carrying and giving her just enough of a nudge to push her out of the way of a large insect that drops from above. Unfortunately, the nudge also brings her closer to another tick also dropping on them. As she is pushed, then sees why, she lets go of the bags she's carrying.

She feels a bite from behind on her left calf and spins around snatching out her buckler and rapier.

"Starsong Please!" she yells as she thrusts her blade toward the face of the tick that bit her.

Drop Bags(free) -> Draw Rapier & Buckler (Move) -> Activate Luck (Swift) -> Attack (Standard)

Not sure if I can get both buckler and rapier with a mover action. If only one of them is possible, I choose rapier

FORT: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5

Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8

The rapid and awkward thrust at the huge bug isn't even close. As Ro finds her bearings and withdraws her arm back into a defensive stance she says "Karmid, you never said anything about them traveling in packs!"


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid drops the boar as he feels a tick latch on.

"They're called Swarms not Packs little Ro!"

Speak and drop Boar: Free Actions, Grab Earthbreaker: Move Action, Use Domain ability to grow Large: Swift Action (+2Str, -2AC); Attack nearest Tick: Standard Action

FORT: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Attack(With Reach): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

@GM- I would like to use a Hero point here...Please use or roll whatever is necessary to do it and see if it helps my attack at all.

Large Earthbreaker Damage: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 1, 4) + 6 = 16

In case I get my attack of Opportunity with my extra reach at any point this round:

Attack(With Reach): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Large Earthbreaker Damage: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 6, 1) + 6 = 19


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"Gotta respect that you have the free time to be pedantic right now, but I have to disagree. They're too large, and too few in number to properly be a swarm. Definitely a pack."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|
Windsight wrote:


That said, though, he joins Drasven in watching the perimeter from the clearing's rough center, just in case. It might be noticed, though, that his gaze does drift with somewhat greater frequency to Lia's form.

His eyes still roaming around, they fall upon Windsight as the shoanti joins him in patrolling the perimeter.

He widens his patrol perimeter in an attempt to allow Windsight to be closer to Lia. Subtle he is not unfortunately.

He has his crossbow in hand though as he walks abject at his own leisurely pace.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Re: Patrol / Watching:
Windsight wrote:


That said, though, he joins Drasven in watching the perimeter from the clearing's rough center, just in case. It might be noticed, though, that his gaze does drift with somewhat greater frequency to Lia's form.

Windsight doesn't walk around the edge; he keeps watch from the middle.


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Cursing under her breath, Xarmas plants her feet, and rears back her quarterstaff. Her right hand slides down to meet her left, and wielding the staff like a club, she sets upon the tick once more. As she connects, she spins her slight frame around, and gears up for the next attack.

"Gods-blasted ticks! They don't even have a purpose in nature!"

Melee Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Critical Confirmation: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

As she uses her buckler at arms length to hold back a circling tick, Ro also catches glimpses of a half beastial Xarmas and hulking Karmid for the first time ever.

"You know you guys are pretty scary in a fight! Too bad these ticks are too stupid to realize it..."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

I wonder if there's also a Tackwood. Or a Tock-Tock-Wood. If a Tick and a Tack breed, will they spawn a cuckoo clock? And will a Cuckoo clock eat other clocks in a workshop? Cannibalize them for parts? Then strike out on their own, finding a home as juveniles? And then, each hour, they check if their surroundings are clear. And if so, the try to reach a window and spawn a tick or a tack. That's where they come from! They are a dualistic life form...

"We need to destroy the clocks to make the forest save!", Lia exclaims.

We are far behind, I figure that's a solo battle for you guys, but still want to post to keep presence :)


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Haha, I hope you shouted that for everyone to hear. Yes, I think we're on our own. I doubt we have the spare person or time for a messenger. I looked at Message But it seems to require line of sight, at least at casting, because the recipient must be pointed at. That would require line of sight at casting. A little ambiguous but I think line of sight is not needed to use it after cast. But yes, we can't get a message to the rest of you.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Our Activities:
I DID think that while us grunts were doing the field-dress (10-20m?), the others were doing their foraging. Granted, foraging takes longer, but ... isn't Rojava carrying the majority of the results from that? Ah, no, she's got hers, but Fran and Gwyd are still racking up the loaves and fishes for the seven thousand. Lia and Aldern are still in the glen's middle, and Drasven is strolling / patrolling around the edge ... ?

Hey, did Lia ever get advanced to Level 2?

Lia makes her sudden proclamation, causing Windsight to glance sideways at the petite mystic. His lips twitch slightly, but he follows the look at her with one at Lord Aldern, rather longer. The expression is easy for anyone with any social competence (which the noble undoubtedly possesses) to interpret: 'See what I mean?'

Out loud, however, he says in a mild voice, "Interesting proposition. Explain." Lia would know this to be one of the ways the contemplative archer tends to try to 'ground' her a bit - get her to get her mental processes out in the open, so other people (and she as well) can get a look at them. Flutter might (or might not) cooperate with this sort of thing ... the more so because Windsight always takes these sorts of 'crazy-talk' statements with the same sort of intent seriousness he gives to discussions of religion, philosophy, and where to eat dinner.


Shadow's Status

Bug Off!

Karmid Hero Point:
1d6 ⇒ 4

Ro's strike misses the Tick, badly.

Karmid and Ro shrug off whatever effects being bitten by a tick would produce.

Round 2

Karmid and Xarmas each trike the Ticks so hard they explode into mini showers of gore.

Karmid looks for a second opportunity to strike but one is not afforded to him as the Ticks are already on top of you all.

DMD ONLY:
Tick #1 Bite Karmid 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10. Tick #2 Bite Xarmas 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1. Tick #3 Bite Ro 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2. Tick #4 Bite Ro 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8.

Perhaps surprise is the best way for these creatures to fight as a frontal assault by these insects is ineffective. None of their jaws are powerful enough to penetrate the armor worn by any of the Heroes.

Ro's Round 2 Attack and Karmid and Xarmas Round 3 Attack GO!


Shadow's Status

Lakeside - Lia, Windsight, Gwydd, Drasven, and Fran

Aldern merely smiles and listens to Lia's explanation to Windsight's question.

Drasven sees no threats looming on the perimeter of the clearing.

Do Fran and Gwydd want to continue foraging or just head back to the clearing to help pack up the interrupted picnic?


Lakeside - Lia, Windsight, Gwydd, Drasven, and Fran

Flutter lands on Lia's shoulder, "Yes do tell, that is out there even for you..."


Female NG Human Fighter (Armor Master) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 22 (T: 13, F: 18) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20'

Well, I've been waiting for a response from Gwydd to carry on conversation before packing up, but that's been silent for 5 days. o_Õ


Shadow's Status
Francesca Brishen wrote:
Well, I've been waiting for a response from Gwydd to carry on conversation before packing up, but that's been silent for 5 days. o_Õ

You got him all flustered and tongue tied! :-). What the pretty ones do to men!


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

With two ticks competing for her, Rojava doesn't dare focus entirely on just one. Keeping her buckler out and stuck in one's face to keep it at bay, she aims a rapier thrust at the other's face.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9

Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5

Yep, the best way to kill a lucky streak is to mention it. :-/


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

@Fran: My plan is going swimmingly! You started out with reading in common. Now you have a foil (me) to unite against as well. You're spilling personal stuff that hints at how to approach you, and Gwydd is at a lack for words. Game and set, I won't call the match just yet. (^_~)


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Maintain Large Size: Swift Action (+2Str, -2AC); Attack nearest Tick: Standard Action

Attack(With Reach): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Large Earthbreaker Damage: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 4, 2) + 6 = 18


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia tries to remember her train of thought..."It...it was about Ticks! and how they breed. Aren't they like cuckoos, parasitic? I...I just remember it was important that clocks are destroyed. Clocks? No...a clock...a certain clock needs to go...a cuckoo clock. It brings disaster! But where is it?....I...Answer unclear - ask later..." Seemingly straining herself to work out the deeper meaning behind what she said, Lia, agitated, sits down again near the picnic she helped pack up, then lays down on the ground staring up at the sky, trying to find answers in the clouds, calming down gradually again but stopping to explain.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Sorry, wasn't wanting to interrupt the combat. :)
I see. Well, I'm pretty oblivious when it comes to matters like that. I'm usually too taken up with a bit of music or a piece of a song to notice if someone is interested. Gwyd says with a smile.

I do like Fran. She's easy to talk with. He thinks to himself as he gathers more of the berries, carefully trying to avoid as many thorns as possible.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven thinks to himself as he patrols the perimeter.

There are no foes that could be seen, at least from where he is. The others seem to be doing their own stuff be it foraging or talking to the nobleman. He examines his feelings on this group. It's clear taht their bonds go beyond simply just being born in the same area, sharing the same blood or their respecive god marks. There's a connection that links them all together.

Someone like him can only look on.......but then someone like him was never one much for such close knit friends having being isolated and oractised from his own clan years past for his own choice of a Divine Patron and his god mark.

He wonders.......................


Female NG Human Fighter (Armor Master) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 22 (T: 13, F: 18) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20'

She chuckles a bit for herself, and after taking a bit of a breather from all this foraging, her back was starting to remind her of how long they have been at it. She picks up her things, and gets back on her two feet.

"Eh, it's all good. Just so long as we're on the same page that whatever happens, it ain't going to be because my annoying sister pushed me into it."

She takes a few steps closer to gwyn, and grabs the bag he had been piling all these berries into, then taps his shoulder with the other hand.

"Cmon, we have plenty of these to prepare a royal meal. Let's save some for the wildlife and meet up with the rest, yeah?"

She winks at him and offers a hand to help him back on his feet.


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas dashes through the underbrush to one of the ticks attacking Ro.

With Woodland Stride, and a base 40 ft movement speed, I assume I can get there in a move action, yes?

She tries to send this tick along to meet it's late friend in the Tick Afterlife, swinging her staff with all her might.

"Hold on, Ro! I'll get them off of you!"

Melee Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Nuts.
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Fumble Confirmation: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Fair enough! Consider us both on the same page then. He says with a grin as he grabs Fran's outreached hand. I think everyone will eat well tonight in town. Hopefully it will help them forget the madness from the celebration!

Lightness of step, and brightness of the day. Everything seems more alive in the wood, every step of the way. Sheyln's blessing is clear while I'm out here. I feel her song flow over me like a river in the spring, while my feet move to a dance clearly divine in the offering. It feels good to have my lady's presence back. Like the first dawn after the darkest night. It breaks and it warms my soul to know that she is near to me. His mind wanders in song as he feels like happiness is starting to return to him after the devastation the goblins wrought.

He offers to take his own bag from Fran, if she doesn't want to carry both loads. Regardless if she takes him up on his offer, he'll sing quietly to himself on their way back to the rest of the group.

Perform (Sing): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


Shadow's Status

Bug Off!

Karmid's massive earthbreaker pulverizes another of the Ticks these woods are so famous for!

Xarmas and Ro do not fare as well and miss their respective attacks.

DMD ONLY:
: Tick #1 Bite Xarmas 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5. Bite AOO Xarmas 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8. Tick #2 Bite Ro 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18. Tick #3 Bite Ro 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4.- Grab 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13.

At this point, Ro is threatened by 2, Xarmas by none and Karmid by none. You are all within 20' of one another. Three Ticks remain.

Xarmas sidesteps the one threatening her and charges at Ro missing the second one badly. Ro manages to get bitten once again. Make another Fort. save and take another 4 damage.

Round 3 - Heroes Go!


Shadow's Status

Lakeside - Lia, Windsight, Gwydd, Drasven, and Fran

Aldern spots Gwyd and Fran returning from the edge of the forest and he kneels down near Lia, "Your friends just returned from foraging. Perhaps a belly full of Boar will allow you to focus come on, let's head out of here and back to the Rusty Dragon and get it ready!" He reaches down to offer Lia his hand.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

FORT: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 2 = 16

"OW! Damn these things bite hard!"

The tick Rojava stabbed at returns the favor by biting her forearm. She withdraws her arm, realigns her blade on the tick and tries again to skewer it.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8

Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

"Coming Ro!"

Angling for a quick charge, Karmid sweeps his Earthbreaker overhead for a shattering blow on one of the ticks threatening Ro.

Maintain Large Size: Swift Action (+2Str, -2AC); Charge Attack: Full Round Action (+2 to hit -2 AC)

Charge Attack(With Reach): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18

Large Earthbreaker Damage: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 6, 1) + 6 = 19

"Gotcha!!"

Can I angle the blow so Ro gets covered in Tick guts? =)


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava hears a loud thud, and feels the ground vibrate slightly. Those sensations are immediately followed by a wet spray from her buckler side. The ceasing of any banging and chewing against her buckler confirms what Ro's already fairly sure of by then. Karmid has splattered the tick on that side, and she is now wearing some of it.

Funny, I was already planning on writing up getting splattered by one of your kills. So there you go Karmid. At this point I'll take it happily!


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Awesome roll streak continues, Ro :) - did you ever roll better than average in that battle?

Lia looks up at Aldern, smiles, then takes the offered hand: "Maybe it will. Worth trying either way. Thanks for taking us on the hunt!"


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Melee Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

CRAZY day today, so I'll just post the attack roll to keep from slowing the game down.

701 to 750 of 3,743 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.