DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


301 to 350 of 3,739 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ahem, It's empty! Father Tobyn isn't in the sarcophagus! He's gone! Those skeletons were all goblin right?

:p


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim shrugs, "It is not right to mess with the affairs of the dead... or those who might have killed them." Matrim looks around the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

If he doesn't see anything, he looks at his friends. "Should we let the bones lie where they may and head on?"


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"Nay!" Drasven protests.

"We should see if we can sniff out the trail of this trasvesty. A body at rest should remain that way! Who knows what those twice asscursed goblins might be doing." he adds the last after some thought.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

We owe it to the memory of Father Tobyn to see justice done. The travesty of undeath is a discordant phrase in the song of life. I agree with Drasven, there's more at work here than just the errant misbehavior of goblins. Gwyd says as he walks over to Rojava's side.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia is highly concentrated, scratching her head with the collarbone she removed from one of the skeletons earlier as if it was the most natural thing in the world: "Yep. Plenty is at work. I think some longshanks was very busy here...not goblins. Too little vandalism and stuff on fire for those. Now, what do you need the remains of dead priests for? Any ideas?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava takes a very good look around, thinking that maybe the priest's remains may have been tucked away somewhere, somehow, in the crypt.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

If nothing else is found, she gives the robe a couple of pokes with her rapier. Then, if it doesn't move, she picks it up on the point of her weapon, carries it to the door, and flings it outside.

"That's in here now too. Must have been left by whoever took Father Tobyn. Why would anyone want to do this? And after all this time?"


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven has already strode outside the crypt and is examining the ground.
"Let's see here....."
Survival, searching for tracks. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Perception to look around the area outside the crypt 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

"If we're lucky, perhaps we might be able to pick up something."


Shadow's Status

Ro uses her Rapier to pick up the robe and toss it out of the crypt. In the light the robes look much more sinister than they did lying in the corner of the crypt.

Knowledge Arcana DC 15:
This is an item of magic known as a Robe of Bones. The Robe was utilized to place the four Goblin skeletons in the crypt as a trap for the unwary.

A second scouring of the perimeter leads to more clues. A single set of humanoid footprints, certainly not goblin footprints, leads from the back of the crypt to the wall enclosing the cemetery. It is likely that intruder used the Goblin attack as a distraction to come here and steal the remains. In light of what the Goblin prisoner stated this is the only thing that makes sense.

Who did it and why is unclear.

What do you do?


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

As everyone finished searching the area and what could be found was found, Rojava started out of the crypt. But then she turned around and gave it a parting look.

This place shouldn't just be left empty like this. It's wrong, and just too damned sad.

Ro considers for a few seconds, then reaches into her belt pouch and rummages for a piece of chalk. She steps over to the wall across from Father Tobyn's sarcophagus and writes out something she'd written a couple of years back, when she was thinking about the fire and it's aftermath more than she did now.

I'd never sing this, so here is a good place to leave it she thinks when she's done.

Wall Writing:
Oh my heart's been beating sad
Can't help thinking about times that we've had
Paintings on walls to minds that fall
It's hard knowing some people don't care at all

But Happiness will come our way
And magic comes, just not today
When ships are sailing across the sea
The lights are on, inside we never see

So here's to the day, the fading day
I'll carry on drinking but I'll find another way
And how we soared when times were good
Seems to look these days the moon is never full

But Happiness will come our way
And magic comes, just not today
When ships are sailing across the sea
The lights are on, inside we never see

How long to go?
I don't know, I don't know
You'll look in her eyes
And you'll know and you'll know
How long to go.

Coming out of the crypt, Ro says to the others "We should talk to Father Zantus about this right away. He might have some ideas on what it's all about."


KN Arcana: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Flutter takes a look at the Robe, landing on it briefly, but cluelessly taking off again: "Not a kind of magic I ever learned about. The dead are mindless, and as such always eluded the interest of my mistress and I."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Kneeling down next to the tracks, Lia traces the outline of a shoe with her index finger: "Telling the Father is a good start. But in my memory, the footprints morph and change. Maybe one of you with a more stable one would like to take a closer look at them, so we could possible recognize them again elsewhere?"


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyd looks over the black robe, and those watching him can nearly see the gears spinning in his head as he mentally thumbs through the various arcane tomes he'd read in the church's library over the past several years.

I think this is a Robe of Bones! Surely this is what someone used to place these skeletons here! This is a vile magic, but it likely means that the skeletons we fought weren't Father Tobyn. Not that knowing that makes me any happier, because there are still several nasty things that someone could do with the remains of a priest Gwyd says darkly, with little to no of his standard mirth under the words.

Dice Rolls:
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"It means that our as yet unknown foe has some means beyond the normal rank and folder. I cannot see a goblin being able to resist playing with this robe. It may also mean that the one who stole Father Tobyn's remains may plan something worse......" Drasven trails off as he lets the others consider the implication of his words.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Should we just agree at this point that the next thing we will do is find Father Zantus and tell him what we've found?


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Sure. Lets do that. Also to let him know we're safe. If he thinks we have gone missing he might die from a heart attack. It's in one of the different timelines so lets not play hide and seek.


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

I can side with that.


Shadow's Status

The Cathedral

The Godtouched enter the Cathedral through the backdoor and find several townsfolk being tended to by the clergy. Father Zantus exclaims as he spots you, "Thank Desna you are all alright. Marcelano told me you had gone to investigate the graveyard but I have been so busy tending to the wounded I did not have a chance to head out back for you.

I understand congratulations are in order, you all did quite well in defense of the city. Terrible timing for such a thing to happen today..." He looks a bit forlorn as he glances at the many injured among the Cathedrals pews.


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim nods his head. "Think nothing of it."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"It looks like the timing wasn't a coincidence either Father. A goblin we captured claimed that the whole thing was a distraction. A "longshanks", someone of human height convinced them to do it so they could sneak into the bone yard. Father Tobyn's crypt was broken into, and his remains were taken."

"Can you think of any reason why anyone would want to do that? And go to a lot of trouble to do it too."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia, without stopping to say hello, joins the clergy in tending the wounded.
Taking 10 for 13 on heal check to assist them


Shadow's Status

The Cathedral

Father Zantus is clearly disturbed by the news, "I will have to alert Sheriff Hemlock to investigate the matter further. Currently he is questioning the few Goblins who have been taken prisoner. I fear I have no idea why someone would take Father Tobyn's remains much less someone who would have dealings with Goblins, especially this many Goblins.

Tell me Acolytes, were the circumstances of the fire in the old Temple suspicious?"

None of you remember the Fire being anything but a tragic accident.

Each character should make a Wisdom check to ascertain if there was a person from town who you noticed was not present during the festival that you would have believed should have been there.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyd scratches his head in thought trying to remember if he noticed anyone that was conspicuously absent from the festivities.

In the midst of his remembrance, he also recalled that they hadn't informed Father Zantus of the curious robe they had found.

Father, it's also worth mentioning that we found a Robe of Bones in the crypt. I don't remember much from the tomes here other than that. Do you have any further knowledge on the subject?

Would a Knowledge(local) be an adequate exchange for a general Wisdom check? I included both below regardless. :)

Dice Rolls:

Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Wisdom: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ugh! I'm such an idiot!

"Oh, yes, also there was that magical robe in the crypt, and four animated skeletons. They were all goblin, not Father Tobyn! Gwyydym, you said the robe is for making undead right?"

Ro looks at Gwydd for backup on that, she has no idea herself. All those years spent not looking through arcane tones in the library.

"But the fire, yes, it was an accident. I was thinking maybe he had a past we didn't know about or something like that. Like, maybe he was famous or had an evil nemesis from before he came to Sandpoint."

An interesting past.

"He didn't seem the type to us, but you never know I guess. Maybe he was here in hiding? Or he had changed his identity...?"

WIS: 1d20 ⇒ 14

K Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Wis Check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

"Doesn't seem anything that strikes at me as Suspicious, Father. However the presence of that robe and the goblins words that a longshanks told them to do it speaks of someone having ill designs on this town."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Not stopping her work with the wounded, Lia absentmindedly answers Father Zantus:"I came here a year after the fire. One thing about it always seemed suspicious. When you told us about it, you've never sounded utterly convinced that it was an accident! So...obviously I'll share your doubt, and consider what happened suspect."
Using the collarbone she picked from the Goblin earlier as a perfectly fitting tool, Lia manages to save the person she was medically assisting as she spoke.
"There's patterns, and they are followed. Why ask if you are certain? Would you share the details you know about the fire with us, those which cast doubt in your mind over the official version of the fire having been an accident?", Lia stands up and approaches Father Zantus, before sitting down with crossed legs in front of him, as she usually does during lectures or whenever he told a story to the godmarked.


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim knows nothing that might be helpful, but he sits back and listens.


Shadow's Status

You all walked the fair grounds all day. Everyone you expected to see you saw and a fair number of people from out of town were in attendance as well. If it was someone from town, they must have acted once the attack began. Based o the footprints in the graveyard it was obvious that whoever took the remains snuck from outside of town to access the graveyard thus if it was an outsider they would have to have some knowledge of what they were looking for and where it would be.

Father Zantus nods his head, "Yes a Robe of Bones, an evil item to be sure. If it created skeleton goblins then we can be sure that person was in league with the humanoids which confirms what they said as true.

I always had my doubts Lia and this event makes me wonder about those doubts out loud. Perhaps you can all locate the Sheriff and discuss it with him? We have things well in hand here.

I will need you here tomorrow though, unfortunately we could not save everyone". The pain in his face shows that there was likely more than one death resulting from these attacks.


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim straightened up. "I don't know if they are in league, it might be two different groups.. because i wouldn't want my partner using my people as undead slaves. However, it's best to keep our minds up for the possibility." stretching, "What time do you need us here tomorrow?"


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Hum...no story time, then.", Lia shrugs before standing up again.
"You say things are well in hand. I don't think them Goblins will come back in force...but are we certain there are no Goblins left within the city? I have an ill feeling about the sneaky little things! Better to be careful, in case whoever is behind this wants more than one Father's remains. I think the Cathedral should be guarded, tonight."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"Yes, we are planning to talk with Sheriff Hemlock. We figured that tomorrow would give him time to deal with all that's going on today and sort out what he's discovered. When do you want us here tomorrow?"

After leaving Father Zantus, Rojava goes to her room for a wash up and change of clothes. She has a sweet new embroidered blue cloak purchased from Rynshinn Povalli that needs to be shown off.

On to find Aldern Foxglove at the Rusty Dragon next?


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"When dawn breaks, we shall head over to the good sheriff, Father." Drasven says. Looking around however, he waves a hand to his companions.
"I believe that my meagre skills will be needed here." he points to the wounded.
"Perhaps some of my blessings to help?" he offers.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

When she's gotten herself ready, Rojava goes to ferret out the foot-draggers and bugs them to get a move on. A but of a night out will be a relief, and there' supposed to be a reward involved!


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

While the others were off washing the day off or prepping for the evening, Gwyd sat in the flickering light of pair of candles in his room, scratching out the events of the day on a piece of parchment.

It won't serve anyone if we don't document this. Goblins working on behalf of longshanks to cause havoc? The bones of a respected priest uninterred for Gods know what reason? So many questions so much history unfolding.

Gwyd looks up as Ro knocks on the doorframe of his room. He nods as he shrugs a cloak around his shoulders to ward off any breezes that may whip up. He takes a few moments to shove the parchment scrolls into a scroll case along with his charcoal pencil. The scroll case gets strapped to his belt where others may carry a quiver or scabbard. Finally, a cowl around his shoulders and ready to cover his head if the weather turns nasty.

I figure if things continue the way they have been, we'll want a record of them. Are we ready? He asks as he follows her to collect the other Godtouched.


Shadow's Status

Father Zantus grimaces, "Early in the morning. I wish to get all of the funerals completed tomorrow so the healing process from this tragedy can begin. It is a terrible thing that our first sacrament here will be funeral rites but the Gods work in mysterious ways.

Yes, perhaps it is better to wait to see the Sheriff tomorrow, he is likely busy ensuring that Lia's fears are unfounded. Plus he will no doubt be here and we can speak with him all together".

Father Zantus welcomes Drasven's aid as the other Godtouched retire to their rooms to get ready to head to the Rusty Dragon.

Drasven:
"Tell me good Dwarf who are you and when did you arrive? I thought I knew everyone who was a worshiper here in town".

The Walk Through Town

WE will assume everyone is along for the walk including Karina.

The walk through town is a walk through a parallel city. Where faces were once jubilant they are either sad or angry or plan scared. Where decorations once fluttered are the signs of a few homes still smoldering from nearly being burnt by the Goblin attack.

The militia is out in full force, loading the bodies of slain goblins into wheelbarrows for disposal. They nod to you as you pass by but do not speak grim faced in their tasks.

You arrive soon enough at The Rusty Dragon as you are all about to step inside you see Marcelano waves you all down. "There you all are, I have been looking for you all".


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"Well hi there Marcelano! Where have you been for hours now? You joining us? Did you hear about Father Tobyn's crypt being broken into?


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"To be honest father. I'm newly arrived in this town. I came with the latest caravans, unfortunately just in time for this goblin raid. I did hold my own for a time though I met up with the group. I followed them to the graveyard where we found that your former colleague's remains had being stolen. I did have a dream that hinted that I should come here though for what reason I do not know as yet." Drasven answers easily even as he aids Father Zantus in preparing the bodies for their final rites.

Once done, he retires to his room as well after asking for permission to use one.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

With Father Zantus, earlier:
Lia casually walks up to him and Drasven as they converse, casually pointing at a spot on her own hand:"Also, he is marked and belongs here. I dreamt of him. Only in my dream he was a old man carrying a bag of coins around and whacking bad people with it and at first I thought it was one of those nonsense things people usually dream but I think it's close enough is it not? He has the beard and the size and the age, and the coins are inside him, kind of..."

At the Inn, now:
Lia will wave at Marcellano:"Oh, sweet, I thought you already left! Are you going to join us for a while?"


Shadow's Status

Drasven:
Fathr Zantus asks to speak with you further in the morning and then has one of the acolytes, a Talene show you to a room. "This was Marcelano's room. As he is leaving, he will no longer need it. Do you wish to head to the Tavern with me or bed down for the night?"

Rusty Dragon

Marcelano sighs, "I almost considered staying with the events of what happened tonight. I spoke with Father Zantus about it and he encouraged me to go and ease this wanderlust which seems to have afflicted me. There is a caravan that was delayed by the attacks which will be leaving soon. I am just glad I found you all before it left. In fact, the person who is leading the caravan is here right now. How about one more drink for us all together?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"I say good for you Marcelano! It's a big world out there and I'm envious!"

Ro throws an arm over Marcelano's shoulders and starts guiding him toward the door.

"We're supposed to be getting some kind of reward from that nobleman we saved from the goblins earlier. Hopefully that's going to mean a free drink! If not, I'm buying!"

I won't be envious for long she thinks. In a few days I'll be making that same announcement. Today wasn't such a big deal that the others can't take care of matters. They won't need me.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Matrim may be fast with his hands but slow in the head, and it might've been sort of socially inacceptable (like Windsight could talk), but really - 'somebody's closet' was an absolute gem, once the Shoanti had parsed it. He manages (barely) to keep his laughter behind his lips, but remains essentially on-watch for other disruptions, trailing along while the youngers (well, others, anyhow, since this new dwarf is likely to be well older than he) move to speak with Father Zantus.

Something that seemed obvious, though, stuck in his head - a couple of things, really. First, that whomever acquired Father Tobyn's bones must have known what they were looking for ... and second, that with Sandpoint being over forty years old, Father Tobyn could not be the only priest that's buried in the graveyard ... which suggested they wanted Father Tobyn's bones in particular.

As the little group separates to freshen up, he returns to his 'lookout post' on the edge of the stage, unstringing his bow once it's clear that the mayhem is over, replacing one arrow in his quiver, habitually counting those remaining - down to fourteen, he'll need more sooner rather than later. Crouching down on that corner, he lets the last arrow settle point-first, very lightly, upon the wood of the platform, slowly spinning it back and forth as he rolls the shaft between his fingertips. Hearing Rojava, Lia, and Gwyddym encountering Marcelano, he looks up without moving his head, looking at the four for a long moment before calling out. "Gwyddym!!" He gestured for the tall bard to come over.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"That is certainly an option. But in fact, its a lot more likely we'll enjoy more than one drink.", Lia answers Marcellano's suggestion.
Then she remembers something and blushes, smiling sheepishly:"Also, I don't think they'll serve me wine any more since the last time I've snuck out with Kira and came here...so one of you needs to place my order, I'm afraid...also, it was Kira's fault!"


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Windsight, what part of you post in your character saying out loud?

Matrim nods, "A Drink is one of the best things i heard about all day."


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyd hears Windsight calling out his name.

Go on, I'll catch up with you all. He says, excusing himself from the small gaggle. At a light jog, he crosses the grounds over to where Windsight is playing with an arrow on the stage.

Hail Windsight, how's it going?


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

As standard, only the bolded.

Between being crouched down but on the raised platform, Windsight's eyes are just about on the level with Gwyddym. He meets the bard's eyes for a moment, then looks over towards the whimsical Lia for a long couple of beats before returning his gaze back to Gwyddym. The implication should be clear: 'She might be smarter, but she's not quite grounded. You're better for this.'

He thus regards Gwyddym for a moment before asking, "Why Tobyn?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

When Gwyddym trots away toward the stage Ro notices Windsong crouched on it.

I Wonder if he's coming with? Such a grim guy.

She calls out after them You don't want to be late! C'mon!


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Touching a closed fist over his heart, Drasven bids the good father a good night.
"I would go with you to the tavern father. Somehow I have this feeling in my guts that, perhaps my presence will be needed further in this town. I certainty hope that this Marcelano doesn't need the room for the night. I'll willingly give it up to him and find lodgings in another room if needed." Drasven smiles as he remembers when he was an acoyte too.
Does Father Zantus mean to head down to the tavern first or the next day.?


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Zantus isn't headed to the tavern, the group is - saving a nobleman has its minor perqs, such as a free drink. ;)


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

I refer to the spoiler left for Old Drasven. I read it as Zantus posing a question to Drasven.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

We talked to Father Zantus, and he couldn't think of anything in particular. That being said, using Father Tobyn's bones could mean anything from someone with a very personal grudge against the Father to someone trying to raise some kind of particularly talented undead, at least if my readings from the library are any indication. How much of that is truth and how much is the outlandish worries of a magic-addled wizard? Who's to say. Gwyd says pensively.

Not sure if you want me to roll a Knowledge check of some kind to see if I can recall or identify any spellwork that may need the bones of a specific person or of a former divine servant.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Windsight grunts, frowning down at the arrow. Twirl, twirl; shave dig. "Personal grudge," he agrees. After a few moments more, he glances up at Gwyddym again. "Any ideas?" He's only been in town for a year, and while he knows that thirteen-year-old Gwyddym probably wasn't thinking about such things, Gwyd might have noticed anyone back then who had a particular problem with Tobyn.

That'd be up to the GM, but maybe a KS: Local, with a penalty for time since, and lack of maturity at the time? ;)

301 to 350 of 3,739 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.