DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


401 to 450 of 3,743 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim nods, "Couldn't be helped. Sometimes we can't stop but to get into a fight."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"Ugh, that's putting it mildly. So, let me ask you two. If someone who was just about to leave, no idea when or if you'll ever see each other again, up and told you out of nowhere that they've had a thing for you for quite a while, what would you think? I mean they're asking for something right? I mean that not a 'just for your information, so you can note it in your diary' type of thing to tell someone is it?"

Ro takes a sip on her new drink and waits for affirmation.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava uses Talene as cover to take a quick peek to see what Marcelano is up to.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Well, I stated Flutter is running the questioning, and encouraged people to chime in. So I guess Lia will just sit with Aldern, and sip her drink, casually chatting, and waiting for Talene to pick up her drink, smiling at Ameiko when she passes by.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

His attention caught by another dwarf. Kin yet not. So far from home, he feels a slight pinch. The sense of wanted familarity missing.

His booted feet almost over the threshold but his yearnings turn him around. Towards that dwarf.

Drasven heads towards an empty seat, deftly procuring himself a mug.
"Drasven Hammers. New to town. Well met Kinsman."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

In case I need a perception roll for that quick peek at Marcelano.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Looks like a very good roll considering how well this little episode is going so far :p


Shadow's Status

Rusty Dragon

Lia

Foxglove seems to know when to stop talking and milks his drinks next to you Lia. He then nods at the woman a few feet away speaking in hushed tones, "Your friends seem distracted, perhaps you should go to them and ask them about the days events for tomorrow".

Drasven Hamers

"Likewise, Aesrick Battlehorn, what brings you here to Sandpoint?"

Ro

You peek up at Marcelano who is nursing his mug and staring at the wall dead ahead in front of him.

Locations:
Just to give a feel for where people are, Lia and Aldern are dead center at the bar.
Marcelano is off to the left hand side of the bar.
To his immediate right and Lia's left are the Dwarves who just engaged in conversation.
Talane, Ro, and Ameiko are at the far right of the bar near the end about 15' feet away from Lia.
Matrim is standing in front of a table at the far right of the Rusty Dragon halfway between the bar and the door to the street.
Gwydd and Windsight are on the left side of the bar near the door with their backs against the wall.


Female Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Fey) of Desna - Level 2 - HP = 17/17 | AC = 13 | CMD = 14 | F +3 | R +3 | W +6 | Ini +9 | Per + 4 | Channels 4/9 Shadow's Status |

Rusty Dragon

Ro

"Uh, I think I need my drink to think that one through".

Lia

She approaches Lia and Aldern smiling, "Is this one mine?" she points to the drink that will likely put hair on her chest, unwanted hair you would wager but hair nonetheless.


Shadow's Status

Rusty Dragon

Lia

Aldern smiles and extends his hand, "Aldern Foxglove, any friend of Lia's is a friend of mine".


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Marcelano isn't all that far away from where Windsight and Gwyddym have settled; the Shoanti archer's gaze takes in both the slowly-lowering attitude in the tavern as well as the crossbowman's attempt to find something intriguing in the wall. He considers this for a handful of sips of Ameiko's applejack, then finds something small and innocuous to bounce off the shorter stock-bow user. Once Marcelano's attention is gotten, Windsight gestures him over, extending a leg to push out one of the table's empty chairs.

He hadn't entirely tracked the interaction between Rojava and Marcelano, but then, what was there really to track? Attractive, charming girl is all but yelling at a clearly-flummoxed young man about to leave town. Windsight may not be able to woo a young lady with anything but his skill and serenity, but he's not an idiot, and has eyes to see. "A song," he asks of Gwyddym. "Lively. Friends, family, love - what we want." And what, he thinks to himself, we fight to protect.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Thanks for all the great advice. Rojava thinks sarcastically.

Talene and Ameiko didn't seem all that anxious to touch her question, or maybe they were just distracted. Either way Rojava figures she's on her own with this. Her anger, well not anger more like exasperation, had started sapping away almost immediately after walking away. Now she was feeling a little bit sorry for it. Her peek at Marcelano hadn't helped.

Cripes, that's just so sad. He's just sitting there looking lost.

She sighed. He can't spend his last evening in town like this. Obviously he isn't coming over here. There's no way I can go back over there, he'd probably just run for the door if he saw me coming.

Regardless of any misunderstandings or miscommunications, or how vexing Marcelano could be, his last evening in town needed to be better than this. Before she could talk to him herself though, some sort of bridge would have to be built. Ro started kicking around ideas for some words that she could say on his behalf.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"Well Now Master Battlehorn, strangely enough a dream led me here." Drasven begins in what seem to be a likely long tale.

Speaking in Dwarven, Drasven continues
"A Dream I believe sent by The keeper of keys himself, Abadar. You see despite my appearance. I have no experience in battle at all. All my life even back in the clanholds, battle has avoided me or I them somehow. I have learnt book keeping and figures but not where to best cleave an axe or fire this crossbow I own. My teachers declare me adequate but rote learning can only teach so much. Perhaps my coming here was meant to give me experience that lies beyond a merchant's ken and I did find it when the goblins attacked but other then look meancing, I fought not at all." he ends up with a slight chuckle ruefully.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Aye, Talene, it's all yours. This here's Aldern. We met him today, during the Goblin's attack, and he's been buying us drinks. He wants me to come with him into the forest to impale something on his spear, and I should show him my mark, and he wants to teach me how to ride on something...he's been very nice this evening and maybe I mixed up the order slightly but I'm certain you're welcome to come along, too, if you can get out of bed tomorrow. You only need to organize a cake from Old Molly for the picnic.", Lia cheerfully explains to Talene, putting an arm on Alderns shoulder as a gesture of friendship.

Ideally, I would like Aldern to blush and Talene feel that she needs to tag along and keep an eye on him. If the drink doesn't knock her out. She'll not push TOO far, but wants Talene to catch on on the innuendo meaningless to her. It just FEELS right to let her know, even if Lia herself does not understand.


Shadow's Status

Rusty Dragon

Matrim

"Especially against Goblins. What rotten timing for the little buggers to attack, I don;t think that has happened since this town was a mere outpost", states one of the men.

Gwydd & Windsight

Marcelano turns back and sees Windsight's gesture. He heads over to the table, "I think I am just going to go right from here. I have everything with me already, no reason to wait until tomorrow I think. Though one last travel song could not hurt Gwydd". He grins at his fellow Acolytes.


Shadow's Status

Rusty Dragon

Ro

Before you can figure out how to approach Marcelano again, he finds a group to sit with, Windsight and Gwydd who are parked by the exit of the Dragon.

Drasven

Battlehorn shakes his head, "Consider yourself lucky then young Drasven, war is the closest thing to the Hells on this world. Better they are avoided then sought out".


Female Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Fey) of Desna - Level 2 - HP = 17/17 | AC = 13 | CMD = 14 | F +3 | R +3 | W +6 | Ini +9 | Per + 4 | Channels 4/9 Shadow's Status |

Rusty Dragon

Lia

Aldern grins though his face is flush red as Lia describes their interaction thus far.

"Yes, I think it would be best if I if not everyone came along. We want to make sure your new friend skewers wild boar and not something else by mistake", Talene replies with a sidelong glance at Aldern.

She lifts the drink to her mouth and begins to sip it. She gets a quarter of the way through before she starts breathing out with a whoosh, "What the hell did you put in this Ameiko?!"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

I don't want to lap Gwydd and Windsight in case they are going to do something, but I may not have a chance to post tomorrow. So consider this to take place after their posts.

Well, I guess it's now or never

Rojava calls over in Ameiko's direction. "Hey Ameiko, can I borrow a table for a few minutes?"

Without waiting for an answer or explaining, she grabs her rebec, gets up, and walks over to a nearby empty table. Ro hops up onto the table, then runs the bow across her rebec a couple of times to check the tuning, and to draw attention her way. She then raises her voice and calls out to the room.

"Ladies and Sirs, please forgive my interruption of your evening. I know this is not the merriest of nights, and that many of you would prefer to be left to your cups and quiet conversations. It has been a grim day for Sandpoint, and many of you have suffered losses, or know those who have. But, there is one more loss that you may not know of, yet which must be accounted for."

"Tomorrow one of us, Marcelano Alazario, will be leaving Sandpoint. When he is gone, this town will be a little diminished by his absence. Marcelano fought for all of us today, but that isn't why we're sad to see him go. At the Cathedral we all respect Marcelano because he is brave, loyal, and honest. We all love him because he is so very decent and kind, I know that all the others of you who know him feel the same way. So on this last night of his here with us, please show him, in whatever way you feel is best, that he is loved, that he will be missed, and that if he ever returns he will be remembered and welcomed."

"Now, if you good people will indulge me for just a few more minutes, I would like to do just that with a song for Marcelano. Blessed travels to you my friend. If I have any pull with Desna, you will be safe and lucky."

With her speechifying concluded, Rojava begins a song.

Goodbye Marcelano!:

Like the pine trees lining the winding road
I've got a name, I've got a name
Like the singin' bird and the croaking toad
I've got a name, I've got a name
And I carry it with me like my daddy did
But I'm living the dream that he kept hid

Wanderin' on the high road
Wanderin' down the low road
Movin' ahead so life won't pass me by

Like the north wind whistlin' down the sky
I've got a song, I've got a song
Like the Whippoorwill and the baby's cry
I've got a song, I've got a song
And I carry it with me and I sing it loud
If it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud

Wanderin' on the high road
Wanderin' down the low road
Movin' ahead so life won't pass me by

LIke the fool I am and I'll always be
I've got a dream, I've got a dream
They can change their minds but they can't change me
I've got a dream, I've got a dream
And I know I could share it if you'd want me to
If you're going my way, I'll go with you

Wanderin' on the high road
Wanderin' down the low road
Movin' ahead so life won't pass me by

After her song is finished, Ro blows Marcelano a quick kiss. She climbs down from the table, and takes up her old place at the bar.


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

A young woman stands, and claps loudly for the song.

"Well sung! Well sung indeed."

She continues to clap enthusiastically, and eventually decides to stand and move to the spot next to Rojava at the bar.

"That was a fairly good ballad. My name's Xarmas; what's yours?"


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven looks at the older dwarf.
"Have you any advice since I do realise I lack the practical experience that books do not teach. I'm not too proud to ask either as I feel that this group could be what I need to learn what I truly lack." He asks sincerely.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

After Rojava gets back to the bar, she sits down and devotes herself to staring intently into the cup of applejack in front of her. After a couple of minutes she senses someone come up next to her, so she turns to look. She sees a young woman, a stranger, standing there introducing herself. Ro's expression is fleetingly one of surprise before she recovers and smiles. She had thought maybe it would be Marcelano.

Xarmas Misinirith wrote:
"That was a fairly good ballad. My name's Xarmas; what's yours?"

I'm Rojava. Thank you, I'm glad you liked it. I don't think I've seen you around before. Are you in town for the festival?


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Wonderful to meet you Rojava, truly.

She waves to the bartender, a shakes an empty glass at him.

"Well, I've been through Sandpoint before, but yes, I'm here for the festival. It's unique across all of Golarion...or at least the parts I've seen!"

She can't help but smile.

'Normally I ruin my own chances of making friends. Don't mess this up!' Xarmas thought to herself.

Looking back at Rojava, she continues. "So...uh...are you in town for the Festival too?"


Shadow's Status

Rusty Dragon

Gwydd & Windsight

Marcelano gives a half grin to Ro but turns back to Gwydd and Windsight as she steps down after her song, "Should I go talk to her guys?"

Matrim heads over to the table of the men as well, "Marcelano, I can't let you go alone on this journey. By yourself you could get caught up with whatever is taking place with these Goblins, allow me to accompany you".

Drasven

Battlehorn clasps you on the back and chuckles, "I had a friend once tell me to 'stab 'em with the pointy end'! My best advice is to trust yourself and make sure you find comrades you can trust, no man ca win battles by himself, not even a dwarf. Will you be staying here for some time young Drasven?"

Lia

Ameiko begins to giggle, "That ones on the house Tal!"


Female Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Fey) of Desna - Level 2 - HP = 17/17 | AC = 13 | CMD = 14 | F +3 | R +3 | W +6 | Ini +9 | Per + 4 | Channels 4/9 Shadow's Status |

Rusty Dragon

Talene stumbles a bit towards Ro and Xarmas, "Ro, did you have something to with thish..." she shakes the now half empty glass of liquor in your direction spilling some on her hand. Talene's tolerance is famously low but Ameiko must have given her pure alcohol for it to have hi her system this quick!


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"No, I live here. There's a group of us who all live up at the Cathedral."

She's very pretty, and has a definite accent. Wonder what her deal is?

"I can't place your accent. You must have come from pretty far away. Not Varisia, the western parts at least. Is the Swallowtail Festival what brought you all this way?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

When Ro notices Talene she snorts a couple of times trying to contain her laughter.

"What happened to you Talene?"

Then she puzzles out what Talene is trying to say, at least she thinks so. She puts her hands up.

Oh no, no way! I didn't have anything to do with anything! But you'd better sit down here before the floor up and smacks you."

"Xarmas, meet Talene. Talene, this is Xarmas. Sorry Xarmas, but Talene doesn't seem to be be her usual self right now."

Ro can't help but laugh. If I didn't do it, who did?

She looks over in Ameiko's direction for a clue.


Shadow's Status

Rusty Dragon

Ro & Xarmas

Ro sees Ameik giggling hysterically as Tal take a seat at the bar.


Female Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Fey) of Desna - Level 2 - HP = 17/17 | AC = 13 | CMD = 14 | F +3 | R +3 | W +6 | Ini +9 | Per + 4 | Channels 4/9 Shadow's Status |

Rusty Dragon

Se turns her bloodshot eyes to Ro, "You have ashpell for thish? We gotta go on a boar hunt so the hunter doesn't skewer Lia or she doeshhn't let him do it caushh you know she doeshhn't know any better, so I gotta sobbber up..."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro gives Ameiko a look that does it's best to communicate "This is so cruel and excellent".

"I'm sorry Honey, but I don't know any spells that are going to help you out. You might be able to scratch up a packet of Kindness at the Cathedral, but I've never found any there and I've looked.

"I think you're going to be sleeping in tomorrow. But don't worry, I have our buddy Lord Aldern all sussed out and I'll make sure nothing but maybe a pig gets poked tomorrow."

I doubt it would matter on the hunt tomorrow nearly as much as after that anyway. He doesn't seem the bed of grass and leaves type.

"One piece of professional advice for you Honey, don't sleep on your back tonight. Very important."


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Well, not just the Swallowtail Festival, no. You see, I've always been a wanderer. I've been all around, and I'm from Cheliax, actually. That was a bit of a walk, eh?"

She grins.

"I guess it's in my blood. I have this birthmark, you see. It is reminiscent of...you know what? You wouldn't believe me. It's a crazy story!"

She looks embarrassed, and it is obviously an emotion she isn't used to experiencing.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

After she settles Talene in Rojava turns back to Xarmas.

Strange birthmark huh? She arches an eyebrow and grins. Bet you a silver that I can guess what it resembles in only 6 guesses.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Sorry Windsight, I figured I wouldn't upstage Ro this time around. I'm happy to just sit and drink a bit tonight. It's been a bit of a rough day. I hear the other Godtouched have been invited boar hunting tomorrow. Perhaps a song will come from that adventure that is more mirthful and raucous. Gwyd says quietly as he swirls the dregs of his drink around the bottom of the mug.

I know that Shelyn has placed the song in my heart and the dance in my toes, but after a night like tonight, I'm not moved to show it. Perhaps I have been too sheltered. Is it so wrong of me to stay semi-cloistered here in the cathedral? Would I be better served getting out into the world with someone like Windsight or Ro to see the realities? He ponders, as he stares off into the sky, losing himself in the cacophony of the tavern.

Where they go, so too shall I. If nothing else, perhaps it will lighten my tongue and loose my legs to properly honor Shelyn's gift.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"She wanted that kind of drink....I think. But she would never order it by herself, feeling she is responsible for us. Thanks for this, Ameiko!", Lia explains to Aldern and Ameiko.

Suddenly serious, as if she remembered something, she excuses herself:"I need to use the restroom...will be back in a minute!" and does just that.
While Flutter sneakily watches Aldern...


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven nods.
"I ahve to say that is sound advice. I hope to be able to do it justice one day. I do foresee that I'll be around for some time though." Drasven grins even as he finds himself chugging down another mug.

He stares at it for a moment.
How many have I had?"


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas looks confused, but eager.

"Okay, you're on!"

She pulls out a silver piece and sets it on the bar in front of Rojava.

"Six guesses it is!"


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia, on the way to the restroom, passes by Ro and her new aquaintance Xarmas.
Without stopping, with a curious look of recognition, she smiles at the new face, waving a little 'hello' with one hand, and gently tapping on Xarmas cloth-covered shoulder with the other, whispering:"Here, Ro..." before moving on, shouting back:"She's also invited..."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro puts a silver coin of her own on the table. She gives Xarmas a long look up and down with an exaggerated expression of concentration on her face.

Rolled the guesses randomly. I'll just go ahead and list them all here together for the sake of post efficiency.

Does it resemble a bird, a songbird?

Maybe it looks much like a butterfly?

Hm, how about a leaf, with water dripping off it?

Does it look like a key?


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas chuckles at the first three guesses.

"No, it isn't a bird, although that would be cute."

"I would love a butterfly tattoo!"

"Nope, you're getting worse at this, I think."

That fourth answer, however, causes her jaw to drop.

"Yes...but...how could you possibly know that? That is...well, amazing, to say the least. You must be a prophet of some sort?"

She picks up both silver pieces, and sets them in Rojava's hand.

"You, my amazing new friend, have earned these. Tell me your secret?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava grins and slides Xarmas's coin across the bar back to her.

"Keep it. I was having you on a bit. We're used to tattoos that look remarkably like a few specific things here. Take a look."

Ro twists around and raises her hair so Xarmas can see the butterfly on the back of her neck.

See? I have one of my own. You know about the cathedral right? Consecrated to be shared by six deities? There are some of us around here who have a mark from one of the six. That's what I meant by the group living at the cathedral. A couple were born here. Others were brought here as kids. That's me. A few wander in on their own. That's you.

Sandpoint is like an eddy that catches up people who bear a mark. They float in and just sort of stay here swirling around. I've no idea why Sandpoint or what the purpose of it all is. Sometimes one floats out and away. Actually that's just now happening for the first time with Marcelano. Thus the goodbye song.

Lia, who drifted by a minute ago and said hello to you is one, Desna's mark like me. You'll have to meet Drasven, the dwarf there. Ro Gestures over her shoulder with her thumb in his direction. Abadar like you, also just showed up. Come to think of it, I have to hand it to your guy's efficiency. Marcelano has Abadar's mark and is leaving, and two more show up before he even clears the town limits.

Anyway, so that's the deal. I wasn't likely to lose that bet with six guesses.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Oops, i wrote "tattoos" rather than "birthmarks".


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"By the way." Drasven begins as he tries to see if he can his mug refilled.
"I never did ask what do you do for a living." He asks the elder Dwarf.


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

I think you were thinking of Xarmas' joke about girls and butterfly tattoos she'd said just before. I knew what you meant!

Xarmas chuckles at Rojava's take on the situation.

"Yes, 'My Guy' is renowned for his efficiency, that's true. I'm really quite surprised, I've never met anyone else with a birthmark that was anything other than just a birthmark, and I've stumbled into a whole group of them! Funny thing is, I've passed through here before; I just never stuck around. This church of yours certainly bears investigating!

She counts out loud.

Two from Abadar, two from Desna...but you said there were six Gods. Anyone else have a strangly-marked person running around?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"Oh yes. I neglected to include dear Talene here." Rojav pats Talene on the back. "Butterfly like Lia and me." She gestures toward the boys table with her head. "Over there sitting with Marcelano are Windsight, Erastil in his case, and Gwyddym, Shelyn. Matrim, standing there talking to them, has Gozreh's mark. Karina isn't here but she's marked by Sarenrae."

"Yeah, you should give the cathedral a look. If you're not staying anywhere in particular I'm sure they could find a place for you there if you like. Besides, I'm sure they will be very interested in you."


Shadow's Status

Rusty Dragon

Drasven

Battlehorn hefts another mug as well,"I am the head of teh Carpenter's Guild. Blasphemy I know for a dwarf to work with wood and not stone but it calls to me like the Gods cal to these young'uns what with their birthmarks and all bein' blessed by the Gods".

Gwydd & Windsight

Marcelano begins nodding his head in assent, "Yeah, I think I would like that".

The Crowd

The crowd begins to thin out leaving al of you along with the Nobleman and the dwarf Guildmaster behind. Each and every one gives Marcelano a handshake or a pat on the back and a good luck wish on his journey, Matrim remains silent. All turn back to Ro thanking her for the song that lifted their spirits.

A few minutes later Karina enters the Dragon and approaches the table where the men are seated, "I decided to come after all, if it is Marcelano's last night I don't want to miss this. Uh why are the girls over there and the rest of you over here?"


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

"Because Gwyddym does not want to bring cheer, and Marcelano," says Windsight, "is too afraid to give Rojava a kiss." And more, were they wise, he thinks to himself, but - wisdom as well - does not say.


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas pauses, and thinks for a moment.

"You know, I think I would like that. I'm very interested in them too. And that makes 6 Gods. I see where you came up with that number."[/b]

A genuine smile creeps up on her face.

"I may never have been so pleased to talk to a stranger in a bar before. Introduce me to some of these other Marked?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava smiles back.

"Talking to strangers in bars is one of my favorite things to do. It's like opening surprise gifts. You might not like every one of them, but it's always fun finding out. You are, by the way, a very good gift."

"Come on, let's go over to the table and I'll introduce you around. If it seems a little awkward, don't think it's you. It's because Marcelano and I had a spat earlier this evening. We don't connect all that well really."

"We should take Talene along with us too if she can manage it. If nobody else is going back to the cathedral soon, I should probably get her back there and into bed before too long."


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Sure, let's do that. You grab Talene, and I'll follow you to meet your friends."

She smiles excitedly.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Leaving up to the DM whether Talene can/will come with us. It's hard not to show her off :p

Ro leads Xarmas over to the table where Gwyydym, Windsight, Marcelano, and Matrim are clustered.

Hey guys, someone just blew into town, Xarmas here, and guess what she has?

Ro's voice might sound a little higher and carrying a little too much forced cheeriness if someone is really paying attention.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

At this point the main door to the Dragon slams open as if by a sudden gust of wind. A giant of a man steps in, his fur cloak blowing dramatically around him as he steps in.
Black hair pulled into a shoanti braid is carefully pulled around his neck, tight enough to avoid it being a hazard, but loose enough that it prevents it from being used against him in a close fight.

His hide shirt is pulled open slightly showing extensive shoanti-style tattoos covering his dark-skinned chest, revealing the effective design of a dripping leaf featured in it's center.

He swings a giant Earthbreaker hammer off his shoulder and drops it head-down on the floor in front of himself, leaving the shaft in easy reach.
Brownish rust-colored flakes fall off of it onto the floor.

"Ro! Lia! Tal! Where are my girls?"

Glancing around at this evening's patrons he holds open his hand towards the bar without looking at it directly.

"Ameiko! Where's my mead?"

A second later a Varisian stein with a flap-seal on top lands almost perfectly in his hand with only a minor spray of fluid due to the vessel's design. Less than a second later, the large man was emptying the large drinking
vessel, spilling some down his chest in his hurry to empty it. He tosses it back towers the bar with an even bigger smile. Ameiko catching the stein easily with an easy smile and exasperated shake of her head.

"Awesome! Did you see? I caught it this time Ameiko! Refill?"

Smiling broadly he finally notices the table with the Godmarked around it. Dragging his hammer over, leaving a little red-streak on the floor, the man pulls up a chair from another table and sits without invitation.

"Did you know a goblin can RUN when they are motivated? Gozreh's geat wind couldn't have caught those little beasts! I following them east for hours before they got it into their odd little heads to scatter.
Way too many to follow at once! Just got back and now...Whoa! Who's the new girl!"

Sticking out a dirty and sweaty hand towards Xarmas, the man raises one eyebrow.

"Name's Karmid Groundbreaker! Godmarked of Gozreh, and today part of the un-offical milita. For some reason you look familiar to me. Been to Sandpoint before?"

By this point a refilled stein has already reappeared in his hand.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Hi Ro! I'm guessing an interestingly shaped birthmark somewhere? Gwyd says with a wink as a small smile crosses his lips. Well met Xarmas!

Just then, the door is slammed open and the frame is filled with a massive man with an equally massive hammer.

Ho, Karmid. Won't you take a seat? Gwyd says with an happily exasperated head shake after the other Shoanti drops down in the seat near them.

401 to 450 of 3,743 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.