DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


1,201 to 1,250 of 3,743 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Shadow's Status

To his credit Tsuto says nothing further.

Ameiko stands up after Drasven's healing. "If you are all done down here I would like to go home and Tsuto has a date with a local prison cell".


Female Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Fey) of Desna - Level 2 - HP = 17/17 | AC = 13 | CMD = 14 | F +3 | R +3 | W +6 | Ini +9 | Per + 4 | Channels 4/9 Shadow's Status |

Talene smiles, "Ameiko, I 'll help bring you home. There are more doors for our friends to explore down here I think".

Does anyone escort them back upstairs or do you all want to keep searching?


Shadow's Status

Xarmas offers, "I'll go with you both, after all that shapechanger is on the loose and Ameiko is in no condition to fight".


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:
Rojava Brishen wrote:
"Yeah Karmid, you'd remember her too. Nualia who died in the chapel fire. She was the... second most beautiful person I've ever seen."

"What? Sister Nualia! You think she has something to do with this? But the fire...why...how...?"

Karmid looks both perplexed and embarrassed, his face turning shades of red...

"Of course I remember her! We grew up in the Temple together...I just thought..."

Again Karmid turns red again.

"But...she was so pretty and nice...how could she behind all of this chaos?"


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven nods as both Taleen and Xarmas made their offers.
"Very well, we'll see you once we're done here and Karmid?" looking at the big man while he blusters and blushes about some woman though by their words this woman should be dead.

"He needs to take a nap. Preferablely a long one." knowing the big shoanti will likely get it.

"As for the rest of us." he retrevies his crossbow, "We have a few rooms to examine, don't we?"


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid 'love taps' Tsuto into dream-land for at least a couple of hours. He then locks him into the same room Ameiko was held in earlier and pockets the key.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia turns to Ameiko: "I am sorry for all this, Ameiko. You are strong even now. Which is good, because there's someone you will need to be strong for.", then to Tsuto: "Nice to have met you."


"I concur with Gwyddym. The removal of Father Tobyn's remains seem to suddenly make a lot more sense, if Nualia is involved. The fact she is alive seems surprising, but we should try and learn more about the motives, if we can. Tsuto did mention a plan, and the Goblin raid was only a first step. We may have troubled times ahead of us."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|
Karmid Groundbreaker wrote:
Karmid 'love taps' Tsuto into dream-land for at least a couple of hours. He then locks him into the same room Ameiko was held in earlier and pockets the key.

Drasven nods in approval.

"The scales has being balanced as he is subjected to the same what he
tried to do to his own kin."

"Who is this Naulia?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava seems increasingly upset as the discussion turns toward blaming Father Tobyn's deceased adopted daughter for masterminding goblin attacks on Sandpoint. Her eyes look watery, as if she might cry.

She shoots Gwydd a withering look and counters Lia's insect with "There aren't any facts. Different people can have the same name, or use a fake name. If some sicko hated Father Tobyn enough to steal his remains, why not pretend to be his dead daughter too?"

"Our Nualia is dead, five years dead now. I was there. Gwydd, Karmid, and Talene were there. If she isn't, how did she survive? Where the hell's she been all this time? What possible reason could she have to do any of this?"


Flutter approaches Ro, hovering in front of her:"You seem...upset? I apologize if I misworded things. But when pieces fall into place, it can be hard to withstand the temptation of taking things for facts, especially since so many things for my mistress seem to be facts, or not, in her own subjective reality which does not always overlap with yours, or the objective reality none of us can see. You are right that we should keep an open mind about this, but we should look into the possibility, regardless, and not disregard the option because we would prefer it not to be true."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"Let's just finish up here and get out. I'm sick of being in this place. It's depressing."

Rojava checks Tsuto once more for any weapons or other gear that might make him dangerous, or that might be useful.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Then she moves to the next door down and checks the room.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid will reach out and gather Ro up in a bear hug quickly, then put her down before she stabs him.

"I don't want to believe it either RO. But...I guess it kinda makes sense? Doesn't it? I'm not saying its her, and we
should puzzle it out later, but we can't rule her out. We never did find her body? Right? We all just ASSUMED she had been
cremated by the fire, right? If she had wanted to duck out and run away, it would have been the perfect time to do so."

Karmid turns red again and moves away, wiping away a tear from the jumbles of emotion he was obviously feeling with one
hand, and pulling his great hammer form his back with the other.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

I know how you feel Ro. I don't believe the Nualia that we knew would have done this. But clearly someone involved knows a fair amount of necromancy, to summon the skeletal tomb guardians, yes? If that's the case, that would be one of the questions around Nualia not being dead. It isn't to say that she's - alive - necessarily, just un-dead maybe. Further, if they are such a powerful necromancer as to raise someone burned as she was, they may have reasons to have bones of import to her husk. The thought terrifies me. Shelyn alone keeps my mind focused in the face of a horror like this. But yes, we should vacate this place unless Ameiko thinks it has some kind of importance for us or information we could bring to the Sheriff. I would much prefer to discuss this in the Cathedral, where the Six can watch over our course and our aim. But discuss it, we must. Gwydd says, following Ro to the next room, placing a hand on her shoulder as he nears the end of his speech.

Nearer to Ro, he whispers softly, I'm sorry my thoughtless words caused you pain. It wasn't my meaning Ro, please know that?


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava hugs Karmas back but doesn't otherwise reply.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"I know" Ro tells Gwydd, giving his hand a squeeze. "Let's just drop it for right now.

Gwydd had a point about necromancy, and an undead Nualia is chilling and more than she wants to think about at the moment.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

In case it's needed: If the next door is locked, Rojava will try Tsuto's key first. If it doesn't work she will try to pick it. If that fails, she will stand aside for Karmid.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Shadow's Status

Glassworks Basement

To be clear, you stopped at A21 and rescued Ameiko. Then you lock Tsuto in there and do not send him with Talene, Ameiko, and Xarmas. Do you search A22 or A23 next? No need to pick the lock, the key to that locked door is now on the key ring you possess.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

I think we send him with them, just making sure he's unconscious before, so he can't attempt to flee.

"We did the most important thing. But we need to make sure it's safe here for the militia.", Lia said with total confidence in the god-touched, and an utter lack of respect for the abilities of the Sandpoint militia.
It wasn't meant insulting, it simply seemed so clear. Then she suddenly stands still, remembering something that she thought of a little bit earlier: "Oh, and not-me, she may try to leave? Xarmas should keep her eyes open. None of us will depart alone."

I don't think the doppel will stay around and fight to the death. I would suggest Windsight and someone else with good perception going up to the roof to cover escape paths, but that would be rather boring...so maybe we can outsource that to Xarmas(and Talene, once Tsuto is in custody?


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"That's a good idea. Xarmas is way stronger than she looks. She ought to be able to heft Tsuto around as easily as Karmid. If he's on his way to the cells it will be one less thing for us to look after while we check these rooms."


Shadow's Status

We will say that Xarmas and Tal took Ameiko and Tsuto up to the surface for recovery and prison respectively. What next?


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro moves down the hall to check the next room.

Room 22. Has Room 20 already been checked or did we skip it?


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

If checked, then its nothing else We check it. :P


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

I concur. Check the rooms we did not check, downstairs, A23 seems to lead off the map, so I would check that last, but we should probably find out where that goes.


Shadow's Status
Rojava Brishen wrote:

Ro moves down the hall to check the next room.

Room 22. Has Room 20 already been checked or did we skip it?

Room 20 was just storage.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Alright, room 22 it is.


Shadow's Status

Glassworks Basement

A22 This room appears to be an office. It has a writing table and an uncomfortable looking cot. Several bottles of dwarven spirits empty or half drunk are strewn about the room. On the desk is a small leather bound booklet, a feather, and an ink well.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"Nice digs, Tsuto was really going places" Rojava says sarcasticly.

She picks up the book and starts flipping through it.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Tsuto was going into his Dad's office?", Lia asks, wondering- then shakes her head violently: "I don't think you get to inherit things from someone you murdered."...adding an insecure "Do you?" a moment later.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Nodding soberly, Karmid pipes up from the back.

"Only if you don't get caught. He probably never believed he'd get caught working with the goblins. Probably thought he could
just blame THEM, then inherit it all."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Appraise 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Drasven examines the office though he does check on the half drunk spirits.
"One can seek that which maybe hidden here...." he mumbles.


Shadow's Status

Glassworks Basement

The leather-bound booklet contains two dozen parchment pages, most of which Tsuto has filled with maps of Sandpoint or erotic drawings of Nualia.

The maps each depict different attack plans. The first set shows the attack plans for a group of 30 goblins attacking the city. You recognize this as the strategy utilized in the attack the goblins made on Sandpoint a few days ago.

More disturbing is a plan which illustrates an assault on Sandpoint by a force of 200 Goblins! Though they are scratched out the fact that they were planned is ominous.

Finally the journal has the following excerpt.

The Journal Excerpt

Drasven your search of the room reveals nothing further.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid speaks with a tear in his eye, at the same time as he tries to hide it.

"That's it. So it WAS her. No doubts now. Goblins? How? Lamashtu? Why would she pact with the mother of monsters...and what's a quasit? Damn dust.."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

K Planes: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

K Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

As Lia and Karmid speculate on Tsuto's motives Rojava offers an occasional "Mmm" here and there to make it seem like she's listening. Actually she isn't listening at all and hasn't the slightest idea what they're talking about.

The journal is too much of a page-turner to be distracted. It's quickly obvious to her the attack was planned with care. The goal had indeed been getting Father Tobyn's remains.

It is the drawings that roil Rojava's stomach though. Amateurish as they are, Tsuto did well enough that there can be no mistake about the person's identity. It is their Nualia. She can't make sense of it. Nor can she make much sense of the last entries.

Three points stand out. Another, larger attack is planned. Nualia seems to be in charge of everything. There are tunnels under the glassworks that are inhabited, and might be used in the attack. She can't make sense of Nualia as a servant of Lamashtu, simply too crazy, but it's clear she plans to destroy Sandpoint.

Ro looks up from the journal and turns to the others. "It really is her, our Nualia. She's planning worse, another attack with more goblins and maybe other things as well. We need to talk to Hemlock right away. This is some deeply freaky stuff."


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

"I disagree."

It's Windsight, who had been reading over (well, around) Rojava's shoulder. "This says they have people already here - down in tunnels underneath us; we need to take care of that first, and maybe we'll find the shapeshifter as well. Drasven, can you find a secret door anywhere?" In a lower voice, he adds, "What's a quasit?"


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"That's Nuala?", Lia also takes a look at the journal:"Never seen here. But if the daughter of Father Tobyn ran around like that, I don't understand why Talene gets all mad at me if I forget to wear my dress!"
Without pause, Lia points at a word in the journal, then looks up"So, will we go to the Thistletop Shrine tomorrow? I don't think waiting for Malfeshnekor in Sandpoint is a great idea."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Knowledge (Planes), Nualia 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Knowledge (Planes), Quasit 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Knowledge (History), +2 about goblins, is there that many goblins around Sandpoint? 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Perception, +2 if stone due to stone cunning 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

"This Nualia seems to be fro the planes of Hell. Could be why Tetsuo is besotted with her and with Shape shifters in her service, it's entirely possible that this form is what Tetsuo saw her as." in an attempt to assuage their fears over his Nualia.

"What's more Quasits are likley to be the same but they should be smashed if encountered." he states calmly not knowing anything else about them.

Searching about using his unique dwarven senses, Drasven examines every nook and cranny for the tunnels. "We should at least inform the otehrs as well since we've just found it rather then jump in deeper." he points out.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"No Windsight, we should tell someone else about this first. If there is something big happening somebody besides just us should know. We're looking ragged to go picking more fights right away. If something happens to us because we do that, the secret is as good as kept."

Ro, and most everyone else I think, is very low on limited use abilities at this point. She has no spells and little luck remaining. We have injuries and our healing just left with Tsuto. If we bite off more than we can chew right now it could go very badly for us.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

True that, but I think we need to press on at least a bit more. If those Goblins came from some underground tunnel(and the shapeshifter fled that way), then we must at least "secure" this end, that is, barricade the entrance and stand watch over it until such time as the militia takes over. If we call it a day before we do so, our enemies may as well decide to swarm into Sandpoint in force, now that their plans are compromised...

"Won't Talene and Xarmas tell them to come here, when they deliver Tsuto?", Lia asked innocently, "Then we could show them. They will want to see, anyway. Well, they will want to unsee things, afterwards, but first, they will want to see everything."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"They'll probably come here, but come to think of it Hemlock's not back yet right? Maybe we get a guard patrol? Not much help there. Talene and Xarmas don't know about this journal so we still have the same bind. Somebody who's in a position to actually do something should know. If not the Sheriff then Father Zantus or the Mayor."

"There's also a bunch of names in here we know nothing about. Ripnugget, Bruthazmus, Malfeshnekor, and we don't know what a quasit is. It would be good to know something about them if possible."

"We should finish looking around down here, find the entrance to the tunnels, sure. But if the idea is to block an entrance, The other end of the basement at the stairs is as good a bottleneck as any, maybe better with the height advantage it gives."

"I really don't think we should go looking for trouble with "quasits" and "freaks" until we're in shape for it, and find out what we can about the stuff in the journal."


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Scratching his head, Karmid suddenly smiles.

"Let's talk to Old Quink! You know? Brodert Quink? The town nut-j...I mean self-proclaimed resident
Sage and know-it-all? He sure knows a lot! I mean his lecture on celestial/infernal iconography put me right to sleep!"

Karmid shrugs as he looks around for encouragement.

"He might be able to tell us something that might help us? Hemlock basically left us in charge. We're the law today and we need to investigate this quickly
so the town doesn't panic. We need answers, or the people may get nervous and try to abandon Sandpoint rather than fight for it."


Flutter lifts off from the journal he had checked out a bit longer and more in-depth than his mistress, then sits down on Lia, facing Ro and the others:
"Oh, a quasit is probably among the least powerful demons known to mankind. They are not much larger than my humble self. Thats not to say they are not dangerous...certainly, they are, being demons, but we should be thankful if they are stuck to dealing with such messengers, potential familiars. Ripnugget sounds like a Goblin Captain, which also fits with his suggested plan. Bruthazmus is a Bugbear, and their role in this is unknown. Is he solitary? With a tribe? The one name that worries me is the Malfeshnekor. If Nuala indeed feels they could stop being subtle and go all out once they control it, then the logical deduction would be that they've been bargaining for the service of a demon holding significant power. Either going through the tunnels here, or trying to find out more at Thistletop Shrine, we need to learn more about their plans, and act soon to disrupt them. Otherwise, I fear Quasits will be the least of our worries."

Knowledge(Planes): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Shadow's Status

As I assume you will all share the info all can open these. Just putting in spoilers for space sake.

Secret Doors:
No secret doors here. There is another door though down the hall...

Religion Lamashtu:
Lamashtu's followers seek out deformity in themselves and in others, and perform scarring and mutilation on themselves and others. They detest traditional forms of beauty and seek to destroy or kill it whenever possible. Some intentionally make themselves more beast-like, with her non-human followers do the opposite to better blend in with the more civilized race. Goblins are one of the main races that follow the Demon Queen.

Nualia:
Nualia was or is an Aasimar raised by Sandpoint’s previous religious leader, Father Ezakien Tobyn. The locals assumed Nualia had burned in the fire, a tragedy made all the worse by the death of Father Tobyn as well. Now though it is clear, Nualia is alive and plans further ills for Sandpoint beyond the theft of her adopted father's remains.

Hemlock and the Garrison:
Hemlock will not be back for weeks! The Garrison is staffed at the moment by mostly green recruits.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

While next steps are debated, Rojava hands off the journal for other to look through if they wish. She searches the room for anything else of interest.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid checks out the next door, hammer in hand.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Shadow's Status
Rojava Brishen wrote:

While next steps are debated, Rojava hands off the journal for other to look through if they wish. She searches the room for anything else of interest.

Perception: 1d20+6

Nothing else is here to be discovered.


Shadow's Status
Karmid Groundbreaker wrote:

Karmid checks out the next door, hammer in hand.

[dice=Perception]1d20 + 7

This is the second locked door, who has the keys?


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

I believe Ro used them last on Ameiko's room, so she'd have them.

After finishing her check of the journal room, Ro moves down to open the next door in line. Since she finds it locked she tries the keys.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven offers nothing else beyond the searching and decides to just keep quiet and observe.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia stands, tapping her toes, behind Ro as she fiddles with the door, watching the woman try the keys.

1,201 to 1,250 of 3,743 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.