DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


151 to 200 of 3,740 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Yes I also knew what you meant. But considering Ro killed her first (sentient) creature ever less than 10 minutes ago, choking out a unconscious goblin to bring it as close to death as possible seemed like a radical shift in behavior :p If it comes to before anything more can be done about it I might also be able to intimidate it into submission. Rojava's pretty good at intimidation in turns out.


Shadow's Status

The Godtouched manage to staunch the wounds of the townsfolk they encounter with the exception of one who is too far gone, he is in the hands of whatever God he worshipped now. The man must have recently moved here as non of you recognize him.

The sounds of fighting grow distant now as the attack appears to have been repelled.

On top of that you have taken a prisoner!

Lia considers from where the attack came but is still considering all the variables and has yet to come up with a solid thesis, at least one that she feels ready to present to the group.

Just as you consider what to do next and where to go you hear a shout.

"HELP!!!" accompanied by loud barking from more than one dog...

Perception DC 15 to ascertain from which direction the cry for help came.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava looks around trying to place where the barking is coming from.

perception:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Previously rolled here: 20 + 8 = 28.

Windsight's head turns unerringly towards where the hounds are kicking up a fuss. Giving a sharp whistle - poor guy can't whistle a tune to save his life, but he can be heard for a hundred yards or more - he points in the direction of the dogs' racket. "Business!!"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

As she is finishing up assisting with the wounded townfolk, Rojava isn't able to get a bearing on where the new barking and other commotion is coming from. That is until Windsight shouts and points off in another direction.

Looks like we're moving on from here. Oh, I've got to do something about the goblin!

Rojava runs back over to the goblin she left on the ground. Looking around, there's only one person who seens to have the wherewithal to help, and isn't already busy. The townspeople nearby are in shock, Lia seems to be off in her own world, and all the others are preparing to head in the direction of the ruckus. Kira! Come here! I need your help!

Rojava casts around for something to better bind the goblin, but there's nothing in sight. Then a very sad idea comes to her. She grabs her rebec from her satchel and quickly unstrings it. She uses two strings to bind the goblin at the ankles and knees, and the third to tie across at the elbows. Along with her sling tying the goblin's wrists, it should be staying pat. Hope I don't need my sling, and that I get this stuff back.

I'd gag the little monster, but how would I even get started with a mouth like that?

Kira, I need you to make sure this goblin doesn't go anywhere when he comes to. Threaten him, sit on him, keep him tripped, whatever. Just keep him here until the town watch can collect him or I get back.

Rojava frisks the creature one more time for weapons, and then prepares to run in the direction Windsight indicated.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

As Lia is holding on to Kira while trying to remember her dream, when Roja calls out to her, she is also led over towards the goblin, keeping her eyes closed as if dreamwalking.

When there, she suddenly opens her eyes, then looks at Kira and the Goblin.
Sense Motive to get a hunch about the situation: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Is Kira in danger? Or would she be able to deal with this Goblin? The little bugger should be somewhat bound and prone, but still asking my gut feeling here-


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava looks at the doubtful expressions of Kira's and Lia's faces.

Oh right, good point. She draws a dagger out of her boot and hands it to Kira.

Here take this. If the bugger starts squirming around too much or making too much noise, give him a poke with this and tell him to stop.


Shadow's Status

The Denouement

Kira takes the dagger, "I'll be fine Lia, go help whoever needs it!"

Windsight points north and to the north the Godtouched race. There isnot much in the area except the White Deer the north gate and one solitary home. Next to that home is where the scene unfolds before you.

A Goblin mounted on a Goblin dog is attacking a solitary hunting hound. From your vantage point, the hound is guarding a citizen who is hiding behind a rain barrel. Watching the scene unfold from the side of the house are three more Goblins seemingly cowed by the large dog.

The hunting hound though is no match for a Goblin and its rider, as you come into range, the Goblin's horsechopper brings the hound low with a whimper.

Initiative:

Gwyddym Soarsong 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Karina of the Flame 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Lia Tani 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Marcelano Alazario 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Matrim of Shadows 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Rojava Brishen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Windsight 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Goblins 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Goblin Commando & Goblin Dog 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

If you wish to take ranged attacks, you will have a surprise round.

If you charge up the Goblins will become aware of you as they are on alert just facing in the other direction. The Goblins are currently 80' from your position. Your group is standing at the intersection of Church Street near the White Deer.

No map for this battle in the book so we will use Theater of the Mind.

What do you do?

Combat Initiative
Gwyddym Soarsong
Goblin Commando & Goblin Dog
Matrim, Rojava, Karina
Goblins (3)
Lia, Marcelano, Windsight


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyd cringes as he sees the goblin slice into the poor hound.

More! Vile, verminous, wretched beasts. Why can't they just leave us well enough alone! No more citizens getting hurt by this ridiculous band of miscreants!

With perhaps a touch more anger than his previous songs, Gwyd begins singing his tune once more.

Gwyd steps around his compatriots, coming to Windsight's side.

Windsight! Let your arrows streak straight and true. Shelyn's hand will guide you. Bring those bastards down. He says firmly, but quietly, as his hand falls on Windsight's shoulder, letting Shelyn's luck flow through his touch.

Domain power 2/4 rounds used. Bardic Performance 4/7 rounds used. Any d20 rolls are done twice for the next round

Not 100% sure how this works with the surprise round and such. My intent here, if allowed, is to start Bardic Performance as a standard action in the surprise round, and then take the first round of combat to: keep the performance running (free action), move action to Windsight's side, grant him luck (standard action). If I should split this up, let me know!


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

I think it could have been clearer if split. So Windsight gets one surprise action-shot without benefit from luck, and then during regular combat you will grant him luck for when his turn comes up.


Shadow's Status

Agreed Lia but as Gwyddym goes first in both rounds the effect should be the same unless someone uses the surprise round to charge forward instead!

Anyone who wants to do something in the surprise round should go!


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Surpriiiise!!:

I guess you can do both the luck and the song? Cool. Best would have Lia touch Marcelano with luck, plus anyone else who has a ranged attack, and we all get a +1 and a re-roll for our attacks, which should definitely help counter any range category penalty you might have, like I do.

Windsight has a +1 on the flurry, +1 for the song, -2 for range. Flurryshot against the rider.

Flurry 1.1: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Flurry 1.2: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Damage 1: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Flurry 2.1: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Flurry 2.2: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Crit Confirmation 2.1: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Crit Confirmation 2.2: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Damage 2: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Doubt the crit confirms, but just in case ...

Crit Damage 2: 1d6 ⇒ 4

With naught but a nod of certainty, the Shoanti's hand dips down to draw two arrows from his thigh-quiver. Nocking one without taking his eyes from the mounted goblin, the thumb ring lets him draw the bow even as he lifts it, the stiff vanes brushing against his cheekbone before he lets it go. Without altering his stance - before the arrow even reaches its target to sink in - the second arrow is nocked, drawn, and with a flex of his thumb released. The bowstring's second snap against his leather forearm protection is decisive.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Could have used that sling after all. thinks Rojave as she sizes up the scene.

Too much distance to cover before they're aware and prepared, but that poor person is going to get mauled if some of the heat isn't taken off them. I'm probably going to regret this...

Rojava doesn't want to make too much noise, even though arrows are already in the air. She hisses loudly enough for the others to hear. Surprise isn't going to help much, so let's just go!

And with that she sets off at a run toward the goblins.

Double move. If I understand correctly the squares are 10' so rather than trying to figure out the math on diagonals I'm just going to call 5 squares a double move. Sound good?


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Seeing the goblins in the distance and knowing that they will see the group soon, he calls upon the powers he has been enchanted with to summon a fog around the goblins, before they notice them.


Female LG half-orc paladin 1 | HP: 6/11 | AC: 19 (T: 11, F: 18) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Orc Ferocity: 0/1 | Blinding Flash 5/5 | Hero Points 1 | Active conditions: None.

Seeing more goblins menacing civilians Karina jogs down the path towards them. Damn, too far, too far! I hope Windsight and Marcelano can put a few arrows in them by the time I get there.

Double move for 40'.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

For sake of not wasting surprise round...

Seeing others rush forward, Lia will move ahead as well, staying well behind the others(knowing that Windsight would miss his shot if she was to rush ahead), then getting out of sight from the goblins behind one of the buildings, Flutter hovering in place above her head while she starts sneaking around the building in a catlike manner.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Shadow's Status

Round 1

Windsight's arrows embed themselves into the Goblins legs, he snarls a challenge as the fog envelopes him. The Godtouched move forward to face an enemy that they can no longer see very well thanks to Matrim's fog.

Gwydd's voice can be heard clearly an gives the young heroes heart at least until the Goblin rider comes dashing out of the fog to meet them!

Locations on the Field

The Goblin rider advances on the position where Karina and Ro now stand. RAW, I don't think one can double move in a surprise round but as it is not critical to the scene we can let that little detail go! Marcelano's action will have been to draw his weapon and run with the rest of you so he will be there as well. That places three of you in Melee range with the Goblin and his Mount.

Lia is near the building currently out of sight and is approximately 30' from the melee.

Gwydd, Matrim and Windsight are 40' from the melee and 80' from where the Goblins have become lost in the mist.

The Goblins strikes with his horse chopper at Karina while his mount snaps its jaws at Ro.

DMD ONLY:
Goblin Commando 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23. Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10.
Ride 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16.
Goblin Dog Bite 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9.
Damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9.
Goblin #1 Ranged Attack 1d100 ⇒ 43. Shortbow 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19. Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4.
Goblin #2 Ranged Attack 1d100 ⇒ 86. Shortbow 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23. Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2.
Goblin #3 Ranged Attack 1d100 ⇒ 55. Shortbow 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21. Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3.

The horsechopper is used to devastating effect as Karina is brough to the ground! HP=9-10=-1/11. Make a Fortitude to stabilize Karina.

The Goblin dog tears a chunk out of Marcelano's right shoulder. HP=11-9=2/11. Marcelano make a Fortitude save DC 12..

Matrim, Rojava, and Karina are up!

EDIT: Damn, forgot about the damn map! As I have directed Marcelano into that spot he will be the party to absorb the bite of the Goblin Dog. Sorry for the confusion...


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

@DMD: The goblin rider hasn't changed position on the map. Could you place him in his new spot?

Ro's HP: 8 (Level 1) + 3 (Toughness) + 2 (CON) + 1 (Favored Class) = 14
You probably didn't notice Toughness. I almost aways take it at 1st level because things like this happen :)


Shadow's Status
Rojava Brishen wrote:

@DMD: The goblin rider hasn't changed position on the map. Could you place him in his new spot?

Ro's HP: 8 (Level 1) + 3 (Toughness) + 2 (CON) + 1 (Favored Class) = 14
You probably didn't notice Toughness. I almost aways take it at 1st level because things like this happen :)

See my edits to the Round 1 action above...


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

As Rojava runs toward the goblins, then suddenly the fog cloud, a goblin riding on a dog-rat thing comes bounding and of the fog. The rider and his mount race by her and plow into Karina and Marcellano, wounding them both terribly.

Oh Mother Moon, help me make this count or there might be a bunch of dead bodies on the ground real quick!

Ro changes course and comes in behind the goblin, thrusting at it with her rapier.

Attack:
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 = 22

Damage w Arcane Strike:
1d6 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 7

Oops, I doubled Gwyd's Inspire Courage bonus. That should be 21 for attack and 6 for damage.


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim moves 60 feet forward.


Female LG half-orc paladin 1 | HP: 6/11 | AC: 19 (T: 11, F: 18) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Orc Ferocity: 0/1 | Blinding Flash 5/5 | Hero Points 1 | Active conditions: None.

The goblin's mighty blow nearly fells Karina, but her orc heritage makes her too stubborn to fall down. She steps away from the goblin that struck her to fall unconscious behind Marcelano.

Fort Save (DC 10): 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 1 = 19

Her wounds quickly stop bleeding.


Shadow's Status

Round 2

Ro's charge proves to be the end of the Goblin rider as it slides off of the horse with an unceremonious thud.

The twang of bows can be heard as the Goblins opt to fire out from the fog that enshrouds them.

DMD ONLY:
Miss Chance #1 1d100 ⇒ 40.
Miss Chance #2 1d100 ⇒ 22.
Miss Chance #3 1d100 ⇒ 62.
Arrow #1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d4 ⇒ 3
Arrow #2 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d4 ⇒ 2
Arrow #3 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d4 ⇒ 3

The arrows scatter the field near where the attack is taking place, by sheer unluckiness, Karina is struck i the leg by one of the arrows. Karina HP = -4.

Lia, Marcelano [Don't forget your Fortitude save], Windsight are up!


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Go Be Heroic:

Move 30', then use my Hero Point to take an additional Standard Action - two seperate attacks. First attack, I will be using Perfect Strike; second attack is as normal.

Base +2, +1 Point-Blank, +1 Inspire Courage

Attack 1.1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Attack 1.2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Attack 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Damage: 1d6 + 1 Point-Blank, +1 Inspire Courage
Damage 1: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Damage 2: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Man, I have bad luck with rolling 1s for damage. But 10hp ought to finish it off!!

Windsight fumbles his second arrow, and it drops to the ground at his feet. Unconsciously he glances down at it, and when he looks back up he can only watch as both Karina and Marcelano are savaged by the goblin and his mount, his own arrow stuck seemingly uselessly in the goblin's leg. Rojava's thrust from behind into the rider makes Windsight want to cheer - especially as it makes the goblin slide off his goblin dog!!

Damn thing is dangerous, Windsight thinks to himself as he hurries forward, eyeing both Karina's downed form and Marcelano's doesn't-look-very-good-right-now threatened self. After giving a flick of his eyes towards the fog, two more arrows drawn from his thigh sheath, he sets himself, then deliberately narrows his focus to the goblin dog - and, just for a moment, only the goblin dog. "Erastil!!" he shouts, finishing the prayer mentally: Guide my shots!

His bowstring snaps vigorously against his bracer as he fires the first arrow; seeing it sink deep into the goblin dog's side, he hurriedly nocks the second arrow, draws, and releases, to watch it too streak into the creature.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia looks up towards Flutter, while sneaking along at the house wall, whispering:"See, I told you. Bad stuff happened. Now shhhh...be silent!"
These Goblins blindly fire out of the cloud, taking chances with their shots. Lets see if they remain there...
Lia proceeds further upwards, using available cover as possible to sneak to the upper end of the fog cloud, ducking behind a wheelbarrow there.

Tactical consideration:
Can't take the Goblin Dog with a spell without hitting one of us, too. And if those guys keep shooting from within, it's good they're not charging, but bad because we have the same miss chance. I'll trust they don't know I'm even here(or, if so, can't pinpoint my location to target me)...then I can spray them next round and move away, which may take out one or more and I should still be safe(so Windsight does not need to worry ;)...better, if they survive and shoot where they heared me cast, that field will be empty and their round wasted). I think it's the most beneficial thing I can contribute.


Shadow's Status

Lia:
Agreed, it is what I would do as well!

Round 1

Marcelano dodges out of the way as he hears Windsight charging up to their position, he seems hurt and knows he is doing more harm then good in the way of the deadly archer.

The Goblin dog whimpers in pain as the arrows of the Monk lay it low.

From the fog the Goblins hoot and howl as they her the sounds of their dogs' last breath!

DMD ONLY:
Morale #1 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Morale #2 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Morale #3 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

Round 2 Begins!
Gwyddym Soarsong, Matrim, Rojava, Karina(Incapacitated)
Goblins (3)
Lia, Marcelano, Windsight


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

As soon as she sees the two arrows sink into the goblin dog and lay it low, Rojava comes off guard and leaps over it. She scrambles over to Karina and kneels down beside her. She rolls Karina gently onto her back to get a better look at her wounds. Placing one hand on the slice made by the horse chopper and the other on the arrow wound, she recites a short string of words to cast a spell. The wounds begin to close under Rojava's hands.

"It's time to wake up now honey, we need to get you up on your feet."

CLW:
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Is the yellow goblin inside of the house?

Matrim moves up to the edge of the fog and readies for a goblin to wonder out within his reach.

attack:

dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

The yellow one is the now dead goblin rider. For some reason all the icons in that area shifted about 1.5 squares the northwest.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyd breaks into a run, quickly covering the ground to stop between the mass of Godtouched by the former Goblin rider and the bank of fog. Not letting his song stop as he moved, he continues pouring his soul into a powerful chant.

Double move to get in range and free action to continue the performance. BP: 5/7 rounds used.


Female LG half-orc paladin 1 | HP: 6/11 | AC: 19 (T: 11, F: 18) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Orc Ferocity: 0/1 | Blinding Flash 5/5 | Hero Points 1 | Active conditions: None.

Karina blinks as her wounds close and consciousness returns. She looks up at Rojava, "Thanks Ro, are the goblins still fighting?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava helps Karina up.

"The goblin rider who hit you and his mount are down. There are maybe three more goblins over in the fog, but that seems to be all of them around here. I'm going to run up there and see about the person who was up by the corner of the building. They're awfully close to the goblins and we can't see what's happening from here. I don't think you're quite fit for another tangle just yet Karina. Go have Gwyd see to you first alright?"


Shadow's Status

Round 2

The Goblins hoot and hollar in the fog and the twang of arrows can be heard echoing from that area.

DMD ONLY:

Miss chance now 50% as most combatants have vacated the area.
Miss Chance #1 1d100 ⇒ 66.
Miss Chance #2 1d100 ⇒ 65.
Miss Chance #3 1d100 ⇒ 18.
Arrow #1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8. Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3.
Arrow #2 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16. Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1.
Arrow #3 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9. Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4.

Two of the Goblins fire their arrows into the building nearby, the remaining arrow sinks into the ground six feet from where Ro was standing before she moved.

Lia, Marcelano, Windsight - GO!


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Enjoy the amazing magicolor Dreamfog!", Lia makes her presence known, standing up and showering the area within the fog with another Color Spray, before moving away from the spot, hoping to find the Person the Goblins originally attacked.
Color Spray DC 15 Will Save


Shadow's Status

DMD ONLY:

Willpower 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Willpower 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Willpower 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

Through the haze of the fog, Lia can see that all of the foes have been incapacitated! You will need to act quickly to take advantage of the spells effect.

Combat Over!


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava runs up to the fog cloud and then around it, skirting the edge. Once she's on the far side she begins to look around for the person who was hiding from the goblins behind the barrels.
She's unaware that the combat is over.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

I attempted to make sure the person they attacked is safe...any news on that? Otherwise, if I realized they've been incapacitated, I would move up to the goblins in the fog and Coup-de-grace them.(we could theoretically take MORE prisoners...but what's sandpoint going to do with them- keep them locked in a cellar?)...plus I think it's a pretty impressive sight if the fog clears and Lia stands in the middle of 3 downed goblins ^_^


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim is against killing helpless foes. So he would tie them up and hand them over the the authorities.


Female LG half-orc paladin 1 | HP: 6/11 | AC: 19 (T: 11, F: 18) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Orc Ferocity: 0/1 | Blinding Flash 5/5 | Hero Points 1 | Active conditions: None.

"Is everyone else alright? Did anyone else get injured?" Karina starts limping around making a headcount of the god-touched.

Karina would also prefer to keep them alive if possible.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Just to clarify: I'm not happy about killing them, either. But we are talking about a town with 1240 people here. Quite possibly 1200 people if goblins attacked all over. I don't think the "authorities" are really equipped to handle that kind of thing on such a scale. There's too many to hold in prison(and they'd probably be dangerous to any other inmates including each other), and they can hardly simply be released. In my eyes, as a player, it's highly likely that handing them to the militia captain is simply a delayed death sentence for them. If that IS so in-game, then it would seem hypocritical to Lia to not do it herself and instead condemn them to wait for their death...e.g. see it as doing them a mercy. In other words, I'll leave it up to GM. If Lia thinks they have a realistic chance to survive in a way that will not let them attack other people in Sandpoint again, she'll knock them out. If Lia thinks the Authorities will end up sentencing them to death anyway, she'd kill them to spare them the awareness of their inevitable fate.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

As I understand our positions right now, everyone is on the opposite side of the obscuring mist from Lia. I'm pretty sure that none of us would be aware that she has cast a spell or that she's gone into the area of the spell effect to kill the goblins. As far as we know combat isn't over and Lia is out of sight/missing. Rojava would agree that the goblins shouldn't be coup de graced, as already evidenced, but we can't really affect her decision since we don't know she's making it.


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

It is true that we don't know the combat is over, on Matrim's next action, he would be moving into the fog to fight the Goblins. If he sees them all down, he would voluntarily dismiss the obscuring mist spell.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

This assumes that realizing they're all down is going to take a few moments if you're not at the edge of the fog looking in; it also assumes that Matrim isn't going to klock Windsight over the head.

Windsight is all for extermination. Helpless just means that you don't have to waste arrows or risk getting hurt.

The brilliant cascade of the color spray lights up the fog, and - at least in Windsight's experience - Lia is the only one likely to have done that. "You little -- didn't you learn from last time??" he can't help thinking to himself. He finds himself running forward after Matrim, but while the knife fighter slows up before entering the fog, the archer plunges into it, knowing that Lia could very well be alone on the other side, facing three irate fatheads.

He almost trips over one of the fallen goblins; catching himself, he draws an arrow from his thigh quiver, nocks, then settles the heel of his foot above the goblin's throat. The stamp downwards is almost an afterthought, but it's definitely a violent and emphatic one.

Not even a dead goblin is a good goblin - but it's better than a live goblin.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyd watches as the fog bank in the distance flickers with every color of the rainbow. He turns quickly and takes a step to Karina's side.

Karina, let Shelyn's grace flow through you. Can't have you too beat up this night, it would seem. Gwyd says as he lays a hand gently on her shoulder, singing the words to cast his spell.

Dice Rolls:
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female LG half-orc paladin 1 | HP: 6/11 | AC: 19 (T: 11, F: 18) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Orc Ferocity: 0/1 | Blinding Flash 5/5 | Hero Points 1 | Active conditions: None.

"Thanks Gwydd, any idea what's going on with the goblins?" Karina looks around the corner of the building towards the fog.


Shadow's Status

Perception checks DC 13.
If you are successful you see that the other two in the fog are down. As Windsight was the last to go in Combat and the fight is effectively over, reaction times will be based on highest Perception checks. So highest Perception rolls act first in the post combat "rounds".
Except Gwydd who healed Karina as his post combat action.
None of you know how the authorities would react to an attack on this massive of a scale, likely the reaction as to what to do next will be mixed...


Female LG half-orc paladin 1 | HP: 6/11 | AC: 19 (T: 11, F: 18) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Orc Ferocity: 0/1 | Blinding Flash 5/5 | Hero Points 1 | Active conditions: None.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

"Looks like the last of them are down. Better go check to see if we have any prisoners." Karina starts walking towards the fog.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava reaches the far side of the mist and begins to look around.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Perception/Movement: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
The Shoanti have a saying (as they do for many things): "The survival of your enemy is the death of your kin." Windsight has no intention of giving destruction-loving goblins a second chance at burning down the town which has accepted his presence for the past year; he has heard of difficulties enough in the past years. Unless he is stopped, he will move on to the next goblin - and then the one after that, killing the dazed malevolences.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyd turns and follows Karina, not too keen to be far from the stronger Godtouched. With goblins terrorizing the place, there was no chance he was wandering around by himself.

Looking around he sees that the goblins in the fog are down on the ground.

Thank you Shelyn for your protection. The little monsters are truly a terror. Please give me a sign of what you want me to do!

Gwyd starts singing, not putting any magic behind it, just trying to keep their spirits high and his mind off the nightmare unfolding around them.

Dice Rolls:
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

151 to 200 of 3,740 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.