DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


101 to 150 of 4,264 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Pulling another two arrows from his thigh quiver and nocking one, Windsight hears Rojava's words. "Speak for yourself," he mutters as he eases slowly forward, but his head is already turning, eyes searching and ears straining to find his next target. A handful of goblins don't just romp into town on their own; there must be more. There must be a lot more.

Jus' Huntin' Fer Trubble, Sheriff:
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

I expect there to be more; if Windsight spots one (besides the one under the cart) within the first two range brackets, he'll take a single shot at them. What, by the by, is the AC we're aiming at??

Shot - +1 if still Couraged, +2 if within 60': 1d20 ⇒ 10
Damage Not Likely, But Possible, +1 if still Couraged: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyd hears Rojava call out to the goblin under the wagon. I truly hope there are no more of the little beasties roaming around. They give me the shivers! He scans the area, trying to spot any more of the terrible little hellions. If he spots another goblin in addition to the one under the wagon, he will continue singing. Otherwise, he will let the song die and see if any non-goblins in the vicinity are injured.

Dice Rolls:
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Female Human Bard 4 / Inquisitor 1

It occurred to me that I might need a diplomacy roll on Rojava's invitation to the goblin. Sorry for the extra post.

Diplomacy:
diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3
Rojava Brishen wrote:
It occurred to me that I might need a diplomacy roll on Rojava's invitation to the goblin. Sorry for the extra post.

Rather an intimidate or bluff...Diplomacy would take a full minute of interaction unless you make a simple request...game-balance-thing to make diplomacy almost unusable during actual combat. Surrender-Requests usually fall into intimidate-territory(because going from hostile to docile mostly takes place with an "or else" attached...once the target is docile, diplomacy can be invoked, of course-)


Female Human Bard 4 / Inquisitor 1
Lia Tani wrote:
Rojava Brishen wrote:
It occurred to me that I might need a diplomacy roll on Rojava's invitation to the goblin. Sorry for the extra post.
Rather an intimidate or bluff...Diplomacy would take a full minute of interaction unless you make a simple request...game-balance-thing to make diplomacy almost unusable during actual combat. Surrender-Requests usually fall into intimidate-territory(because going from hostile to docile mostly takes place with an "or else" attached...once the target is docile, diplomacy can be invoked, of course-)

Ah, Okay. The same roll can be used for bluff or intimidate if one of them is the better fit. Intimidate would make more sense than bluff in this case I guess. She's not being duplicitous. My bonus to both is also a +7.


Shadow's Status

As the goblin song continues to drift across the battlefield that was once a street the Goblin under the cart is inspired by the battlesong and leaps at Ro, quite literally foaming at the mouth.

His weapon proves to be too slow though as Ro was prepared for his leap. Her blade claims the life of a second goblin mere moments after she claimed the first.

Combat Over!

The sounds of battle still rage around you as townsfolk scream in terror and continue to flee fro the menace of the goblins. It seems this is not an isolated incident but an all out attack on the city!

Gwydd spots a few townsfolk who seemed to be injured on the far side of the wagon.

Windsight sees that not far from the current battle, some rises from several torches south of your position.

The smoke is just off of the combat map. What do you all do?


Female LG half-orc paladin 1 | HP: 6/11 | AC: 19 (T: 11, F: 18) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Orc Ferocity: 0/1 | Blinding Flash 5/5 | Hero Points 1 | Active conditions: None.

"We must defend the town. Something has driven them to this." Karina searches, listening to see which direction seems to need their help most.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Female Human Bard 4 / Inquisitor 1

Rojava looks down sadly at the second dead goblin. As the immediate threat ends, she realizes that she still hears chanting. She must have been overly focused on what was happening immediately around her. There must be more goblins in the town than she realized!

Perception check to get a direction on the chanting or notice the smoke.

Perception:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia will take a look at the stage, trying to make sure that that Father Zantus is alright...it was mere moments since he threw the thunderstone, even if they seemed to have stretched significantly with all that's been happening.
Assuming he is alright, Lia will put her hands on Kira's shoulders:"Kira, go to Father Zantus...stay with him for now - I need to be able to do what I need without worrying about your safety...I told you I had bad dreams about today - do this for me so nothing happens to you so nothing happens to me, will you?", before giving her a close hug and releasing her.

If Kira doesn't leave, Lia will continue arguing with her.
If she does run to the Father, Lia will close her eyes and try to remember what happened next in her dream...something about...smoke and fire.
Opening her eyes again, she takes a look around, seeing Flutter nervously zig-zag in the air towards the south, clearly expecting things to become worse before they become better again.
"Karina is right. We will have defended the town! We need to stick together, otherwise bad things happen. Badder things.", Lia explains to the others.


M Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 1 | AC 16 (t 13) (ff 13) | F+4, R+4, W+3 | CMD 16 | Init +3, Per +3 | HP 11/11 | Hero Points 1

"That much is certain, the only question is where do we go first?" Asks Marcelano as he loads his crossbow. The young man then proceeds to look around at the chaos in an attempt to find the center of it.

Perception:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

"South," replies Windsight laconically. That, of course, is where most of the town is. "Smoke," he adds, nodding towards bobbing torches. "Get ready for fires, too."


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyd looks around, his heart racing in his chest. He spots the injured townsfolk by the wagon and hears the cries of terror all around him. When Windsight calls out the direction of the smoke. Gulping to clear his mouth, he looks back at the injured folk.

Shelyn, by your song and your dance, allow your grace to blanket the people of Sandpoint tonight. Please, see to the wounds of those around. I can't do any good charging off to help others if I have no one at my back with naked steel to keep me alive also. I'm going to cast my luck with the other Godtouched. They need your strength and voice now, more than ever. Grant me the resolve to sing brightly throughout this torturous night. He prays, quickly. With a grimace, he joins with the others.

We're the blessed of the Six. No matter where we go, we shouldn't go it alone. In this cathedral, all six are worshipped. We MUST show citizens and visitors alike that goblin treachery is not enough to shake the faith of the gods, or their mortal servants. Let's be about it quickly, Gwyd says quietly, but with a sense of firm purpose.


Female LG half-orc paladin 1 | HP: 6/11 | AC: 19 (T: 11, F: 18) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Orc Ferocity: 0/1 | Blinding Flash 5/5 | Hero Points 1 | Active conditions: None.

Karina takes point, shield at the ready, as the group moves south towards the smoke.

"We move! Goblins beware. Sandpoint Cathedral stands."


Female Human Bard 4 / Inquisitor 1

Rojava sees the smoke to the south and falls in with the others moving that direction.

I going to assume my perception roll was good enough to figure out the direction


Shadow's Status

As the Godtouched look around it is obvious the entire town is engulfed in this fight, though you were near the stage Father Zantus moved through the back entrance, presumably to deal with a bigger threat in that direction.

To your direct southern position one of the wagons lights up in flames, new flames, not the ones you spotted moments ago!

From around the wagon five more Goblins appear, four armed with torches in one hand and dog slicers in the other. The fifth sings another horrible Goblin battle song.

Goblins burn and Goblins churn.
Goblins kill at Goblins will.
Goblins sigh when doggies die.
Goblins love to see your blood!

Goblins take your life away.
Goblins kill all who stay!
Goblins chew your tender meat.
Your weakling Gods you will meet.

We be goblins!
You be food!

Kira holds her position right beside Lia, "I am not running off on my own in this chaos!"

DMD ONLY:
Gwyddym Soarsong 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Karina of the Flame 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Lia Tani 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Marcelano Alazario 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Matrim of Shadows 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Rojava Brishen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Windsight 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Goblins 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Initiative - Round 1

Gwyddym, Lia, Matrim, Windsight, Karina
Goblins!
Marcelano, Rojava


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Stupid father Zantus, running off on his own. Do stay then, Kira. He was not supposed to do that. In my dream, you were safe with him, which means I'll improvise to keep you safe with me!"

Seeing the new Goblins, Lia moves up to them with a certain resolve and anger that is seldom seen in her:"Chew funny colors instead! Kira is not food!"
Move action to get in position, Standard to Color Spray as many as can be covered. DC 15 Will Save


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Hearing the goblin launch into that hideous song, Gwyd takes a few short strides to stand between Karina and Windsight. Steeling his nerve, he begins belting his own melodic lilt again, encouraging his friends to strike true and to stand strong.

Move action to get between Karina and Windsight, Standard action to start up Inspire Courage. BP Usage: 2/7 Rounds Used


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim moves 60 feet straight down.


Shadow's Status

DMD ONLY:

Will Save G1 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Will Save G2 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Will Save G3 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Will Save G4 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Will Save GB1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

The Color Spray rolls through the ranks of Goblins, the warriors are surprisingly unaffected while the singing Goblin finally clams up!


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Gwyd, the stage is all yours!", Lia exclaims as the singing Goblin stops screeching.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

"Lia!!" Windsight's alarm at the willowy young maiden's approach to the little chaos monsters is almost to the point of panic; with long strides he covers the distance between the two, even advancing a bit further before firing an arrow at the goblin barely five steps away from him. "Gaahh!!"

Clearly, calm is necessary for a good shot.

Combat:
25' move (if I've figured diagonal movement correctly) to be just in advance of Lia. One point-blank shot into Yellow Goblin.

+2 BAB + 1 Point-Blank +1 Courage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

... man, I just cannot hit it today, can I? :P


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Re-post.
Matrim will move forward and attack the yellow goblin.

dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
sneak attack: 1d8 ⇒ 3 Since they haven't gone yet.... not that a 10 might hit..


Female LG half-orc paladin 1 | HP: 6/11 | AC: 19 (T: 11, F: 18) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Orc Ferocity: 0/1 | Blinding Flash 5/5 | Hero Points 1 | Active conditions: None.

Karina steps forward to deal with this new threat. "Lia, stay behind us!"

Scimitar attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Scimitar damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Shadow's Status

Round 1

Karina's scimitar slices into the first of the Goblins drawing blood but it does not fall. The other Godtouched do not fare as well as their attacks fail to strike their diminutive targets.

The Goblin warband strikes!

DMD ONLY:

Goblin #1 Attack Karina - Dogslicer 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22. Damage - 1d4 ⇒ 2. Confirm Crit Dogslicer 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7.
Goblin #2 Attack Karina - Dogslicer 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16. Damage - 1d4 ⇒ 3.
Goblin #3 Attack Matrim - Dogslicer 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4. Damage - 1d4 ⇒ 2.
Goblin #4 Attack Lia - Dogslicer 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9. Damage - 1d4 ⇒ 1.
Color Spray Results 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5 - 1d4 ⇒ 1.

The lead Goblin trades blows with Karina but the rest of the Goblins seem uninspired as their Bard has been brought low.

Karina 9/11 HP

Rest of the party GO!


Female Human Bard 4 / Inquisitor 1

Rojava rushes over to beside Lia. The goblin singer's rhyme is a simple one and Ro picks up the meter immediately. When the singing goblin drops unconscious, she ad libs a responding chant that picks up where the goblin left off.

Arriving beside Lia, Rojava makes a quick attack against the goblin that she can reach, powering her weapon with an arcane strike.

Attack:
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10

Damage:
1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7

Goblins try but goblins die
Watch them fail and hear them wail
Goblins run when people come
Puncture one, it's oh so fun

Goblins take nothing away
People kill all who stay
Goblin corpses in the street
They are looking not so sweet

This be Sandpoint
You be fools!

Not an actual bardic performance since Gwyd already has that covered


M Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 1 | AC 16 (t 13) (ff 13) | F+4, R+4, W+3 | CMD 16 | Init +3, Per +3 | HP 11/11 | Hero Points 1

Eyeing the stage for a moment Marcelano ponders his best route to his friends. Deciding that the risk isn't worth it in the present situation he instead hustles around the stage and takes a position near Rojava.

Double move 2 squares down, 1 diagonally down-right, 5 squares right, and finally 1 square diagonally up-right.


Shadow's Status

Ro's rapier flashes in the light of the fire as the sun begins its descent but its all flash and no sizzle as the Goblin she intended to strike dips out of the way.

Marcelano re-positions himself to take advantage of the numbers being on the side of the Godtouched as combat moves forward.

Initiative - Round 2

Gwyddym, Lia, Matrim, Windsight, Karina
Goblins!
Marcelano, Rojava


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyd jogs forward to tuck in next to the group, grinning as he hear's Rojava's rendition of the Goblin "melody". Picking it up for an encore, he repeats the verse, letting his call to courage flow through the words.

He reaches out and claps Ro on the shoulder, his hand feeling a bit warm as he imparts Shelyn's luck on her.

Move action to get to the group. Free action to continue Bardic Performance (3/7 used). Standard action to use domain power on Ro:

For the next round, any time she rolls a d20, she may roll twice and take the more favorable result.


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim will tumble past the goblins and get behind the Green Goblin. Slicing into him once he is there.

dice:

accrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
dagger: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
sneak attack: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Well, Gwyd advanced unluckily, but Windsight should be able to step back to upper left and still shoot 2 of the goblins with flurry(yellow and below green)

Totally ignoring the goblins in in front of her, Lia touches Windsights shoulder: "Windsight, you can do better than that, I know it!"
(Yeah, as called out in discussion before, lucky Windsight.),before taking a step back to look for Kira.
The Goblins were dead, even if they didn't know it yet, but that was an inevitability...so there was no point in wasting further thoughts on those.


Female LG half-orc paladin 1 | HP: 6/11 | AC: 19 (T: 11, F: 18) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Orc Ferocity: 0/1 | Blinding Flash 5/5 | Hero Points 1 | Active conditions: None.

Karina slashes at the goblin in front of her. (yellow)

Scimitar attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Scimitar damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

"Wind, he's all yours."

She steps back to make room for the archer.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

"The fewer, the better," Windsight remembers his brothers saying to each other; if there are five enemies all injured, or three enemies less so, the fewer enemies there are the better you are - because you never know when one of them might get lucky. The archer smiles grimly at Lia's touch - missing that shot will be something he remembers for a while - and replies, "Well, don't make me come running to your rescue, little one!" Two shots snap out from his bow in quick succession, the first into the goblin right in front of him, and - after a glance at the mayhem Matrim's agile tumbling makes of that goblin - the second into the goblin Karina is now facing off with. "We have more work to do; let's finish these."

Spoiler:

First shot into the one Karina slashed, the Yellow Goblin:
Flurry #1.1 +1 Point Blank +1 Courage: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Flurry #1.2 +1 Point Blank +1 Courage: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage + Point Blank + Courage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Presuming the Yellow Goblin is dead, and since I think the Green Goblin went down at the hand of Peter Parker Matrim, put the second shot into the one next to Karina. (Precise Shot letting me ignore that pesky -4.)
Flurry #2.1 +1 Point Blank +1 Courage: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Flurry #2.2 +1 Point Blank +1 Courage: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage + Point Blank + Courage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

I presume any threats will use the second die as a confirmation check...


Shadow's Status

Round 2

Lia and Gwydd call upon their abilities to aid the rest of their allies in the fight.

Matrim tumbles past the green goblin and in one smooth motion spins striking the creature in the back, before it can even turn to face its opponent it falls flat on its face, slain by the rogue.

Karina strikes the Goblin that she already wounded laying it low.

With Karina out of the way, Windsight fires two arrows in rapid succession at the Goblin still threatening Karina. Like its allies before it, it falls to the Godtouched! One arrow in the throat, the next arrow in the eye.

Still, one Goblin remains it advances upon the deadly archer!

DMD ONLY:
Goblin #3 Attack Windsight - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15. Damage - 1d4 ⇒ 4.

Its weapon though cannot pierce the armor of the Monk.

Marcelano and Rojava. There is one Goblin up threatening Windsight, the other is down on the ground.

As Lia turns around, she sees that Kira is about 10' behind the position of the rest of the party. Not represented on the map. Nothing is near her to threaten her.


M Human (Chelaxian) Fighter 1 | AC 16 (t 13) (ff 13) | F+4, R+4, W+3 | CMD 16 | Init +3, Per +3 | HP 11/11 | Hero Points 1

Marcelano rushes past Rojava and strikes the goblin on the head with a heavy blow with the butt of his crossbow.

Rolls:
Charge: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Charge in on the last (conscious) goblin.

"Take that you little devil." Shouts Marcelano as the blow connects.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

With a sway and a shift of his bow, Windsight taps the flat of the goblin's chopper, redirecting its thrust to push into nothing but thin air. The archer looks mildly surprised at the success of the maneuver. It's one thing to do it in practice against a partner you know, he considers, quite another in bloody battle. If the choppah had connected, it would have sliced through his loose shirt and flesh as easily as the dog's fur and throat.


Female Human Bard 4 / Inquisitor 1

Rojava rushes toward the remaining goblins. As she passes by Gwyd, she gives him an appreciative smack on the butt, not an easy thing to do while holding a buckler but possible.

Depending on whether Marcelano's attack finished off the goblin Rojava will do one of 2 things. Both options played below. Currently Ro is in position for #1 but if #2 is what happens I'll change position to reflect that.

1. She moves within reach of the goblin which has been clubbed by Marcelano and follows up with a rapier thrust.

Attack:
1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10
1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11
Use the better of the two

2. She scoots by the goblin Marcelano has clubbed as it collapses to the ground and proceeds to sit on the unconscious goblin. Dropping her rapier and buckler, she pulls loose the knot that holds the leather band wrapped around her left wrist. She shakes her sling out to its full length and uses it to bind the goblins hands behind its back.


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim will move to the nearest (alive) Goblin and attack.

attack:

dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 +2 and Sneak attack if it's the one by Windsight
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
sneak attack: 1d8 ⇒ 8


Shadow's Status

Marcelano's crossbow butt connects with the head of the remaining warrior, a loud CRACK signals that the blow was fatal asthe Goblin falls in a heap.

Ro sits on and begins to tie up the remaining live Goblin, the one stunned by Lia's spell.

Matrim, do you want your action to be a coup de grace against this captive?

Combat OVER! The Godtouched win again!


Shadow's Status

The area near your position seems to have quieted down though the sounds of combat and looming fires elsewhere in the city are of obvious concern. Still, the city is full of capable combatants, thing should be alright soon enough...

Kira calls to the rest of you, "Let's assist those around us now that the Goblins have been defeated!" She rushes to the side of townsfolk who have been wounded by the Goblins in your area.

All told there are five residents here who have been injured or incapacitated in some way which prevented them from fleeing. Make five heal checks (this can be spread among you all) to ascertain the status of the wounded.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Windsight was better prepared to discuss religion or tell if someone was being sincere than he was to examine the wounded. "Go," he says to the others. "I'll keep watch." Up onto the stage he goes, striding across to get the best vantage point and identify where the next nut that needed cracking would be. While it was good to put a rabid animal down, perhaps Rojava could get some sort of information out of her captive. And he knew that though their group was winning these fights, he also knew that wiping out goblins when you outnumber them two to one is an easy thing to accomplish. The problems would come if - or when - there were more than just a handful.

Spoiler:

I know it isn't time yet, but a pre-rolled perception check can't go wrong, right? Lets the GM alert us whenever it's time. ;)

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

No. Matrim won't kill a downed foe.


Female LG half-orc paladin 1 | HP: 6/11 | AC: 19 (T: 11, F: 18) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Orc Ferocity: 0/1 | Blinding Flash 5/5 | Hero Points 1 | Active conditions: None.

Karina moves among the injured to assess who needs help the most.

Heal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Heal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Heal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Heal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Heal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

"Windsight, keep an eye out. There may be more hiding, they like to do that."


Female Human Bard 4 / Inquisitor 1

After securing the goblin's hands, Rojava begins the awkward task of dragging it out into the square's center. She doesn't want to leave it out of sight, where it could soon also become out of mind.

She then reluctantly turns to trying to figure out how she might help any of the injured people nearby. Healing is hardly a talent of hers but Can't hurt to try as long as they're not too badly off.

Rojava goes to the assistance of a nearby man who is on the ground but moving.

Heal:
1d20 ⇒ 14


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia throws Windsight a smile(told you you could do it), then follows Kira, kneeling down with one of the townsfolk:"All the crimson...it's beautiful but should be inside..."
Heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

After helping the person, she explains to Kira:"It all got messed up. When father Zantus left without you, what I dreamed got scrambled. I think there are more goblins yet, and more dangerous than those, but I don't remember where we confront those..."
Lia holds onto her friend and closes her eyes, trying to remember, while Flutter keeps "watch" over them.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Knowledge (local) - Where/On what path could the Goblins have entered Sandpoint and approached the Cathedral Square unnoticed?: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyd follows Karina, eager to help where he can. Knowing his limits on assessing the wounded, he instead keeps his eyes scanning the area around them. I pray there are no more goblins. How would they have gotten in here? Surely these little devils aren't bright enough to have done it on their own!

Karina, you focus on that, I'll keep an eye out as we work our way through the crowd.

If Gwyd spots any goblins or suspicious looking people, he will call out to Karina. He's trying to be her eyes while she's focused on the wounded. If someone truly needs it, he can cast a Cure spell (although only 2 a day).

Dice Rolls:
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

@Rojava...the Gobbo is only out cold from my spell, for a couple rounds...if you want to take him prisoner, you'd best put him in a sleeper hold(Pin vs helpless to inflict nonlethal damage) until he starts changing color(taking lethal damage by being at max nonlethal)...it's a safer way of keeping him out of trouble than tie up a perfectly healthy goblin that will be wide awake again in a minute at most...
I would do it, considering I'm a professional martial artist, but i'm busy trancing about what direction the main force likely used to enter the city ;)


Female Human Bard 4 / Inquisitor 1

@ Lia, Oh yeah, I didn't think about that. Well, I'm nearby and I don't want to meta-retcon anything so Rojava will help / heal check the guy and go from there. She's already shown that she's mindful of the goblin getting away so maybe she'll find someone to take him to the town watch or something like that. Squeezing his neck to keep him under seems a little on the nasty side for Rojava, but I'll think of something.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Bah. Take away his choppah and edgy weapony stuff and tie him up. Ask a townie - the least injured one, if they're all injured - to watch over him, make sure he doesn't get loose.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Hehe, actually I meant to knock him out for the Goblins benefit. ASIDE from the chance of getting lose or using verbal-only magic(if war chanter is a bard variant) - If he comes back to his senses, then tries to roll around hoping to eat the dead dog or even just struggling against his bonds, said townies set to watch over him could get nervous and kill him. Somehow I doubt the goblin will calmly sit there and accept his fate. As in "yeah, i made sure he doesn't get loose. He struggled so I killed him." I figured Ro didn't want that because she bound him instead of coup-de-gracing- just felt I should point out that his unconscious is on a short timer...enough to cost him the battle, but not much longer-


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Sure, I get that. Though I should have made a point of killing the thing ... because while Matrim may have a soft heart, Windsight grew up where opponents sham. ;)

101 to 150 of 4,264 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.