DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


851 to 900 of 3,940 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Shadow's Status

Sandpoint - Night - Outside the Cathedral - Ro

Ro sneaks up behind the cloaked figure who somehow sense her presence, turning around is a startled Rynn!

"Ahhh. Oh by the Gods you scared me Ro... I was just uh, sneaking in to see you. I uh, well I um.. I wanted to apologize to you i person for not showing up and give you a gift".


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

"Oh! Ryn! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to startle you! It's just, considering what happened the day before yesterday, I figured I should see who might be showing up so early and not using the main door."

It's a good thing it wasn't anything more serious, Rojava hadn't brought any weapons with her when she left her room.

Listening to Rynshinn's explanation, Ro thinks What a WEIRD thing to decide to do. I LIKE it.

"Oh, you don't need to apologize or anything. Not at all. And a gift is WAY too much. I appreciate it, but really you don't need to."

Ro puts on a casual air. "You didn't have to come or anything, it wasn't like that. I just stopped by to make sure you knew... In case you didn't, uh,...you know, know. It wasn't a big deal or anything."

Ro cocks her head to one side a little as he considers what Ryn was doing.

"You know, if you're wanting to keep quiet about certain things, this is just about the worst place imaginable to come looking for me. Plenty of early risers here, but I'm not usually one of them. You'd be noticed for sure. And the way people gossip here.. It's shocking! Not that you'd know THAT. But it's true..."

Ro then smiles as an idea comes to her.

"You know, I'm due down at the Rusty Dragon this morning to help clean up after last night. How about I walk you back and we can talk on the way? I just need to grab a couple of things from my room. If you can wait, I'll take me half a minute."

Ro jogs back inside and sneaks into her room to get her belt, rapier, and daggers, then rushes right back.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rojava didn't wait for an answer from Rynshinn, but she's pretty sure she'll wait a couple of minutes while Ro gets her stuff. When Ro gets back she links elbows with Ryn and starts guiding her back down toward Vernah's and the Rusty Dragon.

As they walk Ro says "There was one thing more that I wanted to mention when I stopped by yesterday, but Kira was there. Beautiful dress by the way, Kira looked delicious last night. It's a little favor, something I need some help with. So, if you did want do to do something because you didn't come last night, this would be perfect..."

"I have a big night coming up soon, this Saturday. It's a date, with someone very special. I like them a lot, and want it to go well really badly. The problem is I don't have anything to wear. I don't even own a single dress. I don't have much to spend, so maybe a simple dress with nice lines. Something that will help me get the evening right because it's important. Do you think you have something around your shop that could work?"


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"Poor man." Drasven begins.
"To lose his son and daughter by his actions, he must care for them alot but his treatment of them leaves much to be desired. I wonder if anything else is the matter in this town." Drasven muses further and looks up to the skies.

"I must say though Father, your senses are not deceiving you. I ahve travlled the roads for some time and this is the most God touched I have seen in these few days then have ever seen in years."


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint - Night - Outside the Cathedral - Ro

Rynshinn approaches you and places a finger on your lips, "You talk too much sometimes Ro". She opens her cloak revealing, well nothing at all...

Then she closes it, "Let's go back to my shop, I have something I want t take care of".

...and let's fade that one to black shall we?


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint - Lia

Let's assume Lia sleeps o it and gives him an answer before he is scheduled to leave tomorrow.


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint - Festival Street - Drasven

"Yes this gathering is not taking place for no reason at all".

Another townsperson steps near you both, "Father, can we speak?"

"Excuse me Drasven. We can speak more on this on the 'morrow if you like".


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint - Day After the Impromptu Festival

You all wake relatively early knowing that the clean up from yesterday is going to be a big project and the earlier you do it, the earlier you can get to the rest of you day. The day after no doubt Father Zantus will want something form each of you so this may well be your last day of rest for the next several days!

This is also the day that Foxglove leaves for Magnimar so no doubt you will all ant to see him off.

Your early morning plans, whatever they were are interrupted by a message from Sheriff Hemlock. None of you have ever received a message from Sheriff Hemlock.

You all gather at Town Hall, with Ro coming along bleary eyed and last. A bit out of character for her.

Mayor Deverin, Father Zantus, and Shalelu are already present. "This is my first chance to thank you all for what you did for Sandpoint the other day", states the Mayor. "Of course, with any praise from a politician, this one comes with a request".

Zantus speaks, "I know most of you know each other. I believe that Drasven and Xarmas are the only members of my God Touched who are not familiar with Shalelu". Shalelu is a rugged looking elven woman who most of you know, is tougher than nails.

Sheriff Hemlock steps in, "Shalelu has been a thorn in the side of the local goblin tribes for years, few in the region know more about them than she does. She just informed me that Sandpoint hasn’t been the only place in the region that’s had goblin troubles. In short, there’s been an increase in goblin-related raids along the Lost Coast, particularly in the dale between Nettlewood and Mosswood.

Just yesterday, a farm south of Mosswood was burnt to the ground by a group of goblins. Shalelu was thankfully nearby, and while the farm couldn’t be saved, she did rescue the family and drive off the goblins; the family is staying at a nearby farm for now, but the goblin problem is obviously not going away. Shalelu".

At last, the elven woman speaks, though tough her voice is as beautiful as that of any renown Bard, “Belor’s told me of your work against the goblins—well done. I’ve dedicated the last several years of my life to keeping them from causing too much trouble around these parts, but they’re tenacious and fecund little runts. Like weeds that bite.

There are five major goblin tribes in the region, and, traditionally, they’re pretty good at keeping each other in line with intertribal squabbles and the like. Yet from what I’ve been able to piece together, members of all five tribes were involved in the raid on Sandpoint. A fair number of the Mosswood goblins I dealt with yesterday were already pretty beat up, and there was a lot of chatter about the ‘longshanks’ who killed so many of them. From their descriptions it was you who they were talking about.

Seems like you’ve made an impression. In any event, the fact that the five tribes are working together disturbs me. Goblin tribes don’t get along unless they’ve got something big planned, and big plans require big bosses. I’m afraid that someone’s moved in on the goblins and organized them. And judging by these recent raids, what they’re organizing seems like bad news for all of us.”

Sheriff Hemlock speaks yet again, "I'm taking a few of my guards south to Magnimar to see about securing additional soldiers to station at Sandpoint for a few weeks, at least until the extent of the goblin threat can be determined. While I'm out of town, I've asked Shalelu to sniff around Shank’s Wood, Brinestump, Mosswood, Devil’s Platter, and other places where goblins live to see if she can discover anything
else about what’s going on.

I would also like your group to maintain a public presence in Sandpoint over the next few days, if you don’t mind".

Father Zantus smiles reassuringly, "I have given my approval for this idea. No chores for any of you at the Cathedral, or duty for those of you just visiting until the Sheriff returns".

Hemnlock continues, “The locals seem to have taken to you even more so after you have accomplished what you did against the Goblins and in the Tick Wood. Seeing you around town will do a lot for keeping worries down over the next few days. Is this agreeable to you all?”

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........
DMD wrote:

"Yes this gathering is not taking place for no reason at all".

Another townsperson steps near you both, "Father, can we speak?"

"Excuse me Drasven. We can speak more on this on the 'morrow if you like".

"Of course father till tmomorrow then." Drasven excuses himself and retires for the night.

In the early morning though, he is up and about after saying his prayers and absolutions to Abadar, he is surprised though to receive summons from the Sheriff no less! Curious he soon finds himself at the town hall listening to what the gathered people have to say.

"I do not mind staying in sandpoint a few more days though what you speak of does concern me. If someone is indeed organising the goblins into some kind of army, it stands to reason that there is soemthing they want. The question is what."


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyd nods his head, Of course Sheriff. Anything I can do to be of assistance. He says quietly.

Organized goblins? I will have to spend some time this evening seeing if I can find anything in the library that could help. I wonder if anything like this has happened before...


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13
DMD wrote:

Sandpoint - Night - Outside the Cathedral - Ro

Rynshinn approaches you and places a finger on your lips, "You talk too much sometimes Ro". She opens her cloak revealing, well nothing at all...

Then she closes it, "Let's go back to my shop, I have something I want t take care of".

...and let's fade that one to black shall we?

(@_@)... \(^o^)/

Ro shuts up.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro does her best the pay attention and stay focused despite being quite sleepy.

At the end, she speaks up with a question.

"So, just to be clear, We're supposed to make ourselves visible and keep our presence in town reassuringly noticeable. But I suppose at the same time not reveal we're doing it on purpose, or that anything is out of the ordinary right?"


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Agggghhh! I didn't get any update warnings yesterday!!

Karmid nods.

I knew this was going to be something big. I just knew it!

"I will stay for now because you asked Sheriff, but I would rather be out there with Shalelu."

Looking at the rugged half-elf he's had a crush on since he was seven, he talks in the most sincere voice he can.

"You know this area and the goblins a lot better than I, and I am afraid I would only slow you down Shay.
Besides, defending Sandpoint from goblins may be a concern again from what you are all saying. Correct?"

Later as the meeting breaks up, Karmid will intercept the Sheriff before he leaves and thank him for keeping his promise to keep
Karmid in the loop on the goblins.

"I know many of you still see me as the kid in fake warpaint 'wooping' around town pretending to be Shoanti,
but you all know I see Sandpoint as my home too: I WILL defend it with my last breath. You can take my word on that."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"I...it's been so short. Nothing is certain. I...I saw a possible future where we are together. Us, a son and 2 daughters. I also saw you with others in other visions. But you will life in most of those in Sandpoint. Not in Magnimar. I...I need to sleep on it..."


When Lia leaves into the night, after another hug and light kiss, Flutter approaches Aldern: "Don't ask her. She's the lighthouse in the sea of time. You are among the ships braving the storm. Ask yourself what the future holds. It is your course that determines if you sink or where you make landfall..."
Having said his part, Flutter vanishes into the night sky, following Lia to the Cathedral.


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas had been quietly listening to all of what Shalelu had to say. She'd had her arms crossed across her chest, but once Karmid spoke up, she pushed herself off the wall, and uncrossed her arms.

"I agree with Karmid. I'd rather be out there, doing the good works I'm best at, but for some reason the Lord of Cities has chosen me to stick around here. Maybe this is why? I'm in to stay and defend, or to take the fight to the goblins."

With that said, she nods to Karmid, and moves to stand with him.


Female NG Human Fighter (Armor Master) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 22 (T: 13, F: 18) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20'

Erh Mah Gerd:
Sheesh, i straight up forgot to keep up looking back at this for a while, my character was sitting at the tavern with a thumb up her butt for rolling a beautiful 1 on trying to understand what was going on, and i didn't see any dmd updates for like a week after that, i unconsciously stopped checking back, woops. Thanks to Rick for reining me back in. Anyhow, let's plug some holes in this story.

At the tavern, the evening before

Fran had been taking the time to lean back, relax and take a nibble of food here and there, enjoying the music, the festive atmosphere and the rumor mill from the townsfolk. She wasn't much for paying attention to hearsays, but it did prove to be a fun distraction. When the crowd started clearing out, she stuck around a bit longer to help put the food leftovers away in the kitchen, and help Ameiko cleaning up a few tables and picking up empty bottles scattered about. It wasn't a whole lot, but she liked to contribute where she could. She hadn't paid for any of this food, so working for it was good for her soul.

After a while, she excused herself, and headed to the cathedral to meet up with Ro, to earn herself a well deserved rest.

Onto the next morning, after Ro received Sheriff Hemlock's summons

While not having technically been there to help defend the city, and her sister receiving the summons, she tagged along. If it had to do with the city's defense, it'd probably be best she'd be clued in after all.

She tags along with the group, hears the little briefing, and afterwards, turns to Ro...

"Well.. If we're to make ourselves as visible and present in the city as possible. Guess it's about as good time as any to shop for that new home we've been talking about, don't you think? You can also introduce me to that Vollocker person I think you called him? Wonder when he's expecting you to work at his place."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro is pleased her sister hadn't forgotten about the idea and still wants to go ahead with it.

"Yeah, I think you're right Fran. I did say I'd stop by the Rusty Dragon and help with cleaning up from last night. Not sure if it still matters this late, but I should check. After that I really need to catch a little nap. How about we start this afternoon?"

"I still don't have a solid answer from Volioker about a job. I'll check in with him tomorrow, or late today if there's time."

Bluff-job stuff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Windsight had been up early (as always) for his morning stationary meditation at the House of Blue Stones; he'd returned to the Cathedral and been about to get into his 'second meditation' (meaning with the bow) when the message arrived. Naturally he'd gone with the rest of the Godtouched.

As he listens to the request, he lifts a hand to scratch idly at his scalp around his 'lock; he's going to need to shave soon. Shalelu in particular he contemplates; she's someone he hadn't thought about asking, in part because he hadn't thought she'd be anywhere near town any time soon. She'd have ... an entirely different, a foreshortened perspective on the situation, and Father Tobyn might be far more recent in her elvish memory than in others here.

He nods slightly at Balor Hemlock's request; it made a certain sense, especially if he was headed to Magnimar and taking some backup along with him. The roads are obviously not safe, especially if the goblins are stepping up their activity and not fighting each other. The request, however, leads to a direct and real concern he has: the ten arrows for which his quiver has room. "Is resupply available?" he asks the 'city Shoanti' with who he has a moderate acquaintance. Of course, Windsight would far prefer getting his hands on a better (and longer) bow, but you can't have everything.


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint - Day After the Impromptu Festival

"The what Drasven, we hope Shalelu will uncover", states Father Zantus.

Hemlock smiles at Karmid and Gwydd, "I know you will do fine lads. You and all of your friends".

The Elf smiles at Xarmas, "Another time perhaps I would let you come with me but with the Garrison gone someone will need to be here to defend the city".

Zantus turns to Ro, "Ro, are you leaving your quarters at the Cathedral?"

Everyone make a single roll for the day whether Gather Information, Diplomacy, Knowledge Local OR simply let me know how you will patrol the town for the rest of the day. If you have specific actions let me know what those will be. Lia, you also have a decision to make with a certian Nobleman...


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Inviting Xarmas to walk with him, Karmid will appear to wander randomly throughout Sandpoint, but will actually be looking for vulnerable weak spots that Goblins or other enemies could attack or take advantage of. He will of course be wearing all his weapons and armor while doing this.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven will walk around town, being new and thus having the need to be aquainted with the townsfolk.
Knowledge (local), due to Breath of Experience 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
People will talk especially since being an outsider, he could offer interesting news from from his travels and swap stories with all the merchants here.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyd will walk about town, singing and dancing. Not necessarily putting on a show of any kind, just "lost in his own head" and such. He's on the lookout, especially, for children.

As a child myself when the Late Unpleasantness happened, I remember how horrified I was at every turn. Afraid to step outside my bubble. I cannot let these children live in that same fear state. Shelyn help me, I will bring music to their hearts, beauty to their eyes, and a wiggle to their toes

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Female NG Human Fighter (Armor Master) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 22 (T: 13, F: 18) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20'

Ro's web of lies Detector: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Sense motive, huh... What's that? >_>

"Sure thing. I already helped out a bit last night at the Dragon's before I left there, but i'm sure Ameiko won't mind any extra help. I'll start scanning the neighborhood of the inn on my own at first while you help out, see if there's any vacancies or people looking to share a room."

As she turns heels to leave the sheriff's office, she couldn't help overhearing Zanthus's comment to Ro.

"Well, good Father, don't blame Rojava, i bumped into her life a few days ago, and invading her quarters at the cathedral felt a bit improper. We'll find better accomodations together and share the costs. Have no worries, i'm sure you will still see her just as often." she says with a smile and a bow as she backtracked her way out of the room, and set out on the journey to travel the town to find a room!

For DMD, not really spoiler, the rest of you can snoop, I guess >_>:
huh... when you asked to roll for Gather information... I think you may be a few game system editions off there :P To scour town and find someplace to live, erm... I'll venture a guess to roll both Knowledge Local & Diplomacy and let you decide what you want out of that.

K. Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 ... poop.
Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 18


Knowledge local: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Flutter thinks hard on wether anything may have happened recently to make Ameiko's father act as he did during the feast.

Fran:
I think it was more that Gather information is a sub-use of Diplomacy that some spells/archetypes/traits give different boni for. So you could either use the Gather information aspect, OR you could also try a normal diplomacy roll as if influencing a creature, or use your knowledge.

I figure it's gather information: talk with plenty people about a topic and see if you can find something out.
Diplomacy: find a person that could be an expert on the topic and convince them to help you find something out.
KN Local: think on what you know and put puzzle pieces together to figure something out through logical reasoning.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia, after sleeping in late, since nobody was waking her as result of not having chores to do, decides to head out into the town. Needing more time to think on the question Aldern had asked, she wanders aimlessly through the town, eventually finding herself in front of the Kaijitsu House. On a whim, she sits down, herself sorting out things with Aldern while Flutter is busy himself.
Eventually, she returns to the Cathedral, to find Aldern there.
After his greeting, she takes his hand, then speaks, surprisingly clear, and with a certainty as if reading from an invisible paper:"I like you. I could like you more, given time. But I knew we would meet you. I don't "fall" for people, I grow closer to them. I was touched by Desna, and by her will, I am in the cathedral. But I saw all of us godtouched leave Sandpoint for a while...except Talene. I cannot settle down until Desna's will is done. I wouldn't oppose her even if I could. But if you return to Magnimar, you will die. Heed my warning as a friend if nothing else. But if we are to be together in the future, you have to give us this chance by staying here. Please!", having finished, she places his hand on her left breast, over her heart.

The next part obviously would depend on how Aldern reacts...but afterwards, paths converge.

Later, in the evening, Lia finds herself heading to the cemetary. After clarifying things with Aldern, and facing the consequences of the choosen path, she longs for Solitude. While there had been several new graves in the past days, things had settled down, and in the evening, few people were here. With some trouble, Lia manages to climb on top of the desecrated crypt, laying down flat on it's surface, watching the evening sky as stars began to show up one after another. Naming them, she just lay there, stargazing, until late at night, before heading back to her room.


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas agrees to go on patrol with Karmid, finding a kinship with the large man. As they walk, she tries to make casual conversation, but it is apparent that social niceties are not her strong suit. Eventually she falls into a comfortable silence, and uses her God-Given gifts to help Karmid in his quest to find weak spots. She's specifically looking for a secret way that may not be accessible to humans, but rather something smaller. Something that someone a goblin's size could make use of.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Her ears ARE ticklish.... Oh! Busted.

Rojava's first impulse is to be evasive answering Father Zanthus' question. But after the more alert and together Fran speaks up she has time to come to her senses. it's no good to bother with anything else anyway.

"We are going to start looking for a place Father. Now that my sister's in town we'd like to live together, but my room won't do. Like Fran said we will still be in town."

Rojava will go with Fran after her time at the Rusty Dragon. They will use house hunting as a means to gather information. Ro will see if any landlords or renters remember anyone who was odd that came or went suddenly around the time of the festival attack. It's a long shot she thinks, but worth asking about.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

oops, roll the gather information

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Errrmmmm ...:
DMD wrote:
Everyone make a single roll for the day whether Gather Information, Diplomacy, Knowledge Local OR simply let me know how you will patrol the town for the rest of the day. If you have specific actions let me know what those will be.

Well, Windsight doesn't have any of the above. On the off-chance that a Sense Motive check will do something ...

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
*facepalm*

Also, any response on the whole 'get more ammo' resupply topic?

And due to a thought ... on the lookout for trouble inside the town too.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Piecing together the events of the attack as much as he can, Windsight considers the town as he crouches on the top of the cathedral steps - gates, beaches, river ... he frowns to himself, and though he sees Karmid and Xarmas essentially doing the same thing he is, he knows that different people see in different ways. The two of them have one sort of vision, while Lia has another sort, Rojava and Francesca ... he frowns in thought. Drasven, being a dwarf, will have a most definite other vision, a different way of looking at the town.

He goes in search of the axedwarf, strung bow carried with him, as he tries to see the town in a way he isn't used to - as a tunneler might. He also keeps his eyes and ears open for trouble, because though the God-Touched are meant to keep the town safe from goblin invasion, well, they're also meant to keep the town safe just in general, aren't they?


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

As they make their tour around town looking for a place, Ro and Fran eventually have a lapse in conversation. At that point Ro asks Fran:

"You've spent a lot of time out and around between the towns in the area. What do you make of the things Shalelu said? How serious would several goblin tribes working together be?"


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint - Day After the Impromptu Festival

Karmid and Xarmas

As the two warriors walk the city the townsfolk wave and greet them. The town is actually fairly defendable, however, the plan implemented by the Sheriff and the Mayor is lackadaisical at best. Likely they want a peaceful town and not a citadel which is why this is the case. Still, Xarmas can see that Karmid is on edge as he finds these "weak spots".

Drasven

The dwarf meets a host of colorful characters on his walk. Das Korvut owner of Red Dog Smithy, town blacksmith and drunk. A combination gives Drasven pause as fire and drink are not mixed by dwarves. Oh any dwarf could drink most if not all races under the table but they take forge safety quite seriously do the dwarves.

Olmur Danvakus the Guildmaster of the Grocer's Hall who he sees both Ro and Fran speaking with as he walks by awaituing his turn to speak with him. The man took his post over after the former Guuildmaster was murdered by a "Chopper" though Drasven still has not gotten the full story on Chopper yet.

Larz Rovanky, the local tanner. He is gruff in his responses to Drasven but it is obvious his focus is his work, something Drasven has seen form many of his kin over the decades.

Finally Savah Bevaniky, the local armorer who to Drasven's surprise has on sale a magical repeating crossbow with a darkwood and ivory stock that bears the name "Vansaya."A beauty of a weapon to be sure.

Gwydd

Gwydd hits on the exact spot he needs to be today, Turandarok Academy the home of the orphans of Sandpoint. A home that sad to say has gained another few children form the Goblin attacks. His lively singing and dancing brings the children, even those with the most recent losses joy and happiness. So much so that Ilsoari Gandethus cancels classes so that Gwydd may do a few encore performances.

Gwydd does see both Ro and Fran speaking with Ilsoari briefly but the show must go on and so it does, long enough to tire Gwydd out!

Lia and Flutter

Aldern looks into Lia's eyes, "I... I will not leavr today and consider your words Lia. I have... I have something to tell you but I am not ready yet. Tomorrow, we shall speak on it tomorrow". He withdraws, leaving Lia to her thoughts and wanderings for the day. If Kaijitsu see Lia he certainly does not say anything as she is undisturbed in her time there.

Flutter concludes that perhaps the old codger really does care for his daughter and the Goblin attack has led him to want to return to a larger city where such attacks would be less likely to penetrate the inner city like Magnimar.

Windsight

The monk sees the town the way the guard sees it, even if only for a day. Pickpockets and thieves at every stall and market. Young vandals looking to do property damage when their elders are not looking. Thugs and drunks looking for a fight. Of course, none give Windsight such looks but the perception is unnerving, indeed, such negativity can and likely do weigh on those who have this job. It must effect the way they see all people long term...

Ro and Fran

The two sisters find a number of leads for a place to stay. Grocer's Hall will rent the two young ladies a room for 1 silver per day. They smile and wave at Drasven as they move to their next destination. Turandarok Academy where Gwydd is entertaining the orphans of the city. Ilsoari has a second floor in his home that he could clean part of for 6 copper a day. Finally, the best and yet perhaps the worst deal, Govi's Shack, smelly half-orcGorvi offers to put the up for 1 copper a day. Provided they can put up with him, he does not say that of course they are just thinking it!

Cut all scenes! I want to push forward on the action a bit.

Hold off on posting till I set up my next post! :-)


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint - the Day the God-Touched are the ONLY Law

The God-Touched wake early, wherever they are currently staying. Their new duties wearing well and fresh with ideas and youthful exuberance. All eight of you gather near the Cathedral to share your insights from the prior day ad evening patrols.

Before you can really get past the small talk, Bethana Corwin, a halfling and one of Ameiko's employees approaches you and is quite upset!

"I am sorry to bother all of you but I had nowhere else to turn as the Sheriff is gone! Ameiko has gone missing. I woke earlier this morning to find that Ameiko hadn’t already started breakfast, for the first time I could remember. Worried, I knocked on her door but didn’t get a response. Against my better judgment, I entered Ameiko’s room to find it empty and the bed unslept in. Worse, I found a crumpled piece of parchment near the bed—a note from Ameiko’s older brother Tsuto! It's written in Minkaian, I can help translate if you need me to"

the Note Minkaian:
"Hello, s i s!
I hope this letter finds you well, and with some free time on your hands, because we’ve got something of a problem. It’s to do with father. Seems that he might have had something to do with Sandpoint ’s recent troubles with the goblins, and I didn’t want to bring the matter to the authorities because we both know he’d just weasel his way out of it.

You’ve got some pull here in town, though. If you can meet me at the Glassworks at midnight tonight, maybe we can figure out how to make sure he faces the punishment he deserves. Knock twice and then three times more and then once more at the delivery entrance and I’ll let you in.

In any case, I don’ t have to impress upon you the delicate nature of this request. If news got out, you know these local rubes would assume that you and I were in on the whole thing to o, don’t you? They’ve got no honor at all a round these parts. I still don’t understand how you can stand to stay here.

Anyway, don’ t tell anyone about this. There are other complications as well, ones I’ d rather talk to you in person about tonight. Don’t be late.
T s u to
"


Female Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Fey) of Desna - Level 2 - HP = 17/17 | AC = 13 | CMD = 14 | F +3 | R +3 | W +6 | Ini +9 | Per + 4 | Channels 4/9 Shadow's Status |

Sandpoint - the Day the God-Touched are the ONLY Law

At that moment Talene approaches the group coming from the direction of the Rusty Dragon, "Hey guys. Any of you see Ameiko? I was supposed to have breakfast with her today but she's not around, maybe she's fishing? Oh hey Bethana, do you know where she is?"


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

After hearing the letter from Bethana's lips, Karmid swears prodigiously.

"Tsuto!? That drunken layabout? Didn't he leave Sandpoint? Something's fishy here. We should head to the Glassworks immediately...
but I worry this could be a distraction to leave the village unprotected too."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

"Maybe we do Talene. The glassworks, at least it seems like she went there last night. Bethana, do you want to read that letter to Talene as well?"


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia, having recently picked up the language, reads out the letter for those unable to do so on their own(not that Bethana could not do that but she wants to read it herself anyway), then nods.
"Her family's glassworks, yes. I'm sure Ameiko is fine but we should hurry regardless."


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas scowls at the letter's contents.

"I agree we should hurry, but it would be prudent to send someone to mention casually to the Sherriff that the city should be further on guard."

She ponders for a moment, and then looks at Talene.

"I don't suppose you can verify if this is Tsuto's handwriting, can you?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

I'm not sure if a need a roll to use the information on the campaign page, but if so there it is. Hopefully it's good enough for the following.

K Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

"I doubt anyone in town outside his family might know his handwriting Xarmas. As far as I know he hasn't been here since he left a few years ago. I was young at the time so it's hearsay for me, but if you think Ameiko and Lonjiku have issues, Lonjiku and Tsuto..." Rojava gives a low whistle. "Tsuto's a half-elf, with all that implies. Needless to say, but Tsuto is not the apple of Lonjiku's eye."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia looks at Rojava surprised:"Why? Does Lonjiku dislike half-elves?"
I am fully aware of the implications of infidelity, so no lenghty explanation necessary, just felt right to not connect the dots.


"I'm pretty sure it's a genuine letter from Tsuto. Why else would Ameiko have done as the letter says? She knows his handwriting and did not tell anybody about this, as requested, it seems-", Flutter answers Xarmas.


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Ah, I see. Well, that casts a bit of truth to the letter, as it seems there is no love lost there."

She turns to Flutter.

"Oh...I suppose I hadn't considered the implications that Ameiko would have known the handwriting. That's good enough for me."

She begins tightening the straps on her shoulder bag, the same backpack she never left the Temple without.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Shaking his head worriedly Karmid throws his hands up in frustration.

"That's it! Ameiko could be hurt...or worse? Let's go get our stuff and head to the Glassworks immediately!
Bethana, please tell what's left of the town guards to carefully keep on the lookout. Something strange may be
going on and we will be busy over at the Glassworks if they need us."

After that Karmid stomps off without looking back.

Scene Change: Rambo-style weapons and armor outfitting by Karmid in his room at the church.

Once he gets outside the Glassworks, Karmid will hide a dozen yards away from the entrance and wait for a while to see if anybody else joins him.

Stealth w/Armor: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 1 = 25

EDIT:Keeping a Look out!
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyd shakes his head as the Shoanti stalks off. I agree with Karmid, with a it of caution thrown in. Doesn't it strike anyone as odd that Ameiko has a blow out with her father last night and now a letter from her brother that has her running off to the Glassworks? Lonjiku mentioned us directly in his tirade last night. Is it possible that someone is trying to lure us there, knowing that we're friendly with Ameiko? Gwyd sighs and flaps his lips together with a hefty exhalation.

I'm not saying we don't go help her. Not by any stretch. But let's be smart about it. Get our things, head over in an orderly and friendly fashion. It won't help the town at all to see the Godtouched careening through the streets like the devils and demons from the Hells themselves are chasing us.

With that, Gwyd shrugs and heads towards the Cathedral, wanting to grab a torch or two and seeing about borrowing a buckler from the stores (if one exists).


"I think they could not have estimated that the letter reaches us, not the Sheriff or Town Guard. So I am inclined to believe it was really Ameiko targetted, not us. But I agree with you, regardless, Gwyddym. Let's do this orderly and be careful about it.", Flutter turns towards the Bard.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

"Karmid! Wait! We don't actually know there's a problem... Okay. Well, see you later I guess."

"Both Gwyd and Flutter have good points. We should check on her, starting at the Glassworks, but there's no need to get all worked up just yet. Neither of them may get along with their father, but as far as I know, Ameiko and Tsuto don't have problems with each other. If they haven't seen each other in a long time, or what Tsuto is saying in that letter is true, they might have plenty to talk about. It might not be alarming that she wasn't home last night or this morning. And yeah, if the letter was meant as a lure for us, it wasn't very well baited. It's more an accident than design we saw it at all. Why don't we get our stuff and go on over there to see what's up?"


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven ponders this situation. He looks up to the sky to atempt to determine how has it being since midnight.
Survival 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
"Hmmm How long has it being since Ameiko has gone towards these glassworks?"

"All that I know is that the old man and his son are estranged to say the least. We would need rope, crowbar, grappling hooks and some mirrors mounted on poles if we can get it." he muses loudly.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro grins at Drasven. "Sounds like quite a party you're planning. But we should try knocking first."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"Karmid has a big Hammer, I remember seeing. I'm sure he could do with the honors but If anybody knows about this glasshouse and the way it's built, it'll be very useful." Drasven calmly states.


Female Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Fey) of Desna - Level 2 - HP = 17/17 | AC = 13 | CMD = 14 | F +3 | R +3 | W +6 | Ini +9 | Per + 4 | Channels 4/9 Shadow's Status |

Sandpoint

Talene looks grim faced, "I've spoken to Ameiko a lot about her half-brother. Tsuto was something of a scandal when he was born back in 4688, the year before our dear friend was born. It was obvious that old Lonjiku wasn’t the boy’s father, and his rage at the discovery of his wife’s indiscretion was the talk of the town for months, or so Ameiko was told.

Lonjiku’s wife Atsuii never revealed who the father was, and it’s a testament to Lonjiku’s stubbornness that they remained married. Tsuto was handed over to the Turandarok Academy to be raised outside of the Kaijitsu family, ignored by his father and forbidden visits from his mother.

But Ameiko gained the stubborn trait from her Father and starting visiting him in secret once she learned about his existence at the age of 10, visiting him a few times a month to keep him company, bring him some food, and promise him that someday things would get all
sorted out.

That all changed two years ago, when they had a terrible argument in which Tsuto struck Ameiko. Ameiko never told me what the argument was about and I never pried it from her, but whatever it was sent Ameiko away from Sandpoint for a year, during which time she made a living as an adventurer.

She returned to Sandpoint last year to attend her mother’s funeral. Tsuto was quite public in his opinions that his father had pushed Atsuii off a cliff to her death, and during the funeral there was a
confrontation. Lonjiku nearly broke Tsuto’s jaw with his cane, after which Tsuto cursed him and left Sandpoint. Ameiko has tried to reestablish contact with him ever since, but was never able to track him down.

I know he has had a hard life but I suspect he may be up to no good here. I agree with Karmid, we should go check this out!"

851 to 900 of 3,940 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.