DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


351 to 400 of 3,740 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Shadow's Status

Drasven:
Sorry I meant Talene the Acolyte was asing if you wanted to come with her after she showed you to a room.


Shadow's Status

Gwydd and Windsight

Gwydd go ahead and make a Knowledge Local roll, my response will be tailored to your level of success (or failure).


Shadow's Status

Matrim, Lia, Ro, and Marcelano

Before you all enter the Dragon Karina pauses, "Sorry folks, I think my injuries are getting the best of me. I need a good night's rest, not a headache. I will see you all in the morning".

Marcelano pulls her close with a hug, "Take care of yourself Karina. I am sure I will see you all soon".

As Karina walks off, the rest of you minus Gwydd and Wind head in.

Rusty Dragon

A collective cheer sounds off as you all enter. The place is not as packed as it usually is, especially after a festival but with the attacks it is clear why this is so.

Ameiko waives at you from behind the bar and smiles, "Free drinks for our local heroes!"

The guildmaster Aesrick Battlehorn chimes in, "Why not a fee round for all?" Ameiko quickly shoots back, "Why don't I shave your beard and call you a gnome Aesrick?" He grins, "Can't blame me for trying lass!"

The rest of the patrons laugh at the banter.

Before any of you can sit, Wendy, one of Ameiko's serving girls hands you all a mug of ale, "One the house". she winks at Marcelano as she passes by.

You can sit at the bar or at a table.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia will walk up to the bar, and waive Ameiko over:"Sorry for last time...but I see you managed to get everything clean again...could I also have a mug of cold water?"


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Dice Rolls:
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Talene:

Now why would a acoyte ask me? lol
"To the tavern? As in now? Much as the rooms is indded cosy, I wouldn't mind coming down to see this town's tavern though I do believe my new found companions might be looking to visit in search of another likely friend they have made." The dwarf peers at the acoyte over his glasses perched on the the brige of his nose.


Female Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Fey) of Desna - Level 2 - HP = 17/17 | AC = 13 | CMD = 14 | F +3 | R +3 | W +6 | Ini +9 | Per + 4 | Channels 4/9 Shadow's Status |

Drasven:
Talene smiles, "Good, I was planning on going after my work was finished which it now is but did not want to go alone. Can't be too careful when Goblins are involved. After all how can we be sure they are all gone?"
Cause she wants an escort to the Tavern :-)


Shadow's Status

Rusty Dragon

Ameiko smiles and rolls her eyes at you, "It's ok cause it's you Lia. Wendy a mug of cold water for Lia!"

Aldern Foxglove rises from a table in the corner to approach the group, "A second round for these young heroes who saved my life this night!"

Another round of huzzahs for the Godtouched raises the roof of the Rusty Dragon.

He stands at the bar next to Lia but his gaze takes in the entire group, "I have heard stories that your group is seen as something special in these parts. Have you all grown up here?"


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia smiles back at Ameiko, then leaves the mug standing in front of her once it arrives and sips from her other drink.

When Aldern approaches, she turns to face him, listens, then shakes her head:"No, only Gwyddym, he was here all his life. Most of us others, fate gathered us here around the time the old cathedral burned down, give or take a year or two. And a few of us arrived more recently, in the past year...so maybe something big will happen again soon. People say we are special because the gods marked us, each touched by one of those revered in the Cathedral and with a birthmark in form of a holy symbol. I am not supposed to show mine to people when wearing a dress so maybe ask one of the others. Also I grew up in a remote village before we came here(pointing at Flutter when she says we, then taking another sip from her drink before continuing)...where did you grow up?"


Flutter sits down on the Mug, and drinks a few drops of the cold water, then starts to clean himself while watching Lia and Aldern talk.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13
DMD wrote:

Rusty Dragon
A collective cheer sounds off as you all enter. The place is not as packed as it usually is, especially after a festival but with the attacks it is clear why this is so.

Ameiko waives at you from behind the bar and smiles, "Free drinks for our local heroes!"

Rojava is surprised, and a little intoxicated, by the greeting they receive. By the time she's halfway across the room, she's wearing a broad smile. She gives little waves to a couple of people she knows, and to Ameiko when she calls out the free round of drinks.

As the group reaches the bar, Ro says "Thank you!" to Ameiko.

Quote:

The guildmaster Aesrick Battlehorn chimes in, "Why not a free round for all?" Ameiko quickly shoots back, "Why don't I shave your beard and call you a gnome Aesrick?" He grins, "Can't blame me for trying lass!"

The rest of the patrons laugh at the banter.

Ro gives Aesrick a grin and a nod. "I like a man who tries. Ameiko, give that old badger a drink on me!"

Quote:
Before any of you can sit, Wendy, one of Ameiko's serving girls hands you all a mug of ale, "One the house". she winks at Marcelano as she passes by.

Rojava takes the mug Wendy passes her with a thanks. Noticing Wendy's wink, Ro nudges Marcello with her elbow. "Looks like you might still have a little unfinished business here yet Marcellano. Maybe an extra day or two before you go wouldn't be a bad idea huh?"

She knows Marcellano is too straight and narrow to do anything, but it's awfully fun to needle him. She's going to miss that.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13
DMD wrote:

Rusty Dragon

Aldern Foxglove rises from a table in the corner to approach the group, "A second round for these young heroes who saved my life this night!"

Another round of huzzahs for the Godtouched raises the roof of the Rusty Dragon.

He stands at the bar next to Lia but his gaze takes in the entire group, "I have heard stories that your group is seen as something special in these parts. Have you all grown up here?"

Giving the man a good look up and down, Ro answers "Here and there around Sandpoint I guess you could say Sir. What brings you to town Lord Foxglove?"

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Just fishing...


Shadow's Status

Gwydd:
You were younger then and do not remember talk of anyone ever having a grudge with Father Tobyn. The only thing that gives you pause is the other incident that caused the town so much misery during that same time period, the appearance and demise of "Chopper". The killer’s monthlong terror ended bloodily when an eccentric local artisan. Jervas Stoot, was revealed as the murderer and killed during his attempted capture. The old Church burned down a month later. Perhaps Father Tobyn's death is related to that incident? That is the best guess you can come up with.


Shadow's Status

Rusty Dragon

Marcelano shakes his head at Ro, "No, I am determined to go and nothing can stop me". His eyes do begin to follow Wendy around the tavern as she works though.

Ameiko gives the dwarf a drink as Ro asked, "That going on your tab Ro or are you clanking from more than just a sword tonight?"

Aldern in the meantime responds to Lia, "I will trust that your marks are real young Lady". he smiles affably then adds in a hushed tone,

Lia:
"Perhaps another time I can see them for myself".

He then straightens up and continues, "I hail from Magnimar. I came here for the festival looking for new investment opportunities. But let's not talk about me shall we. I have heard local rumors that the Tickwood Forest nearby is excellent for boarhunting. Would you all like to come along with me on a hunt tomorrow? I'll be leaving in a few days and I would certainly appreciate your group's company".


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13
DMD wrote:

Rusty Dragon

Ameiko gives the dwarf a drink as Ro asked, "That going on your tab Ro or are you clanking from more than just a sword tonight?"

Ro gives Ameiko a wink. "I'll pay with actual coin tonight! Just be sure to collar me before I stumble on home."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Doesn't take a genius to figure out where his real interests lie. Fairy princess Lia strikes again.

Rojava watches Foxglove leaning in to talk with Lia. She can't help but feel a stab of jealousy. It isn't easy being around Lia so much. Windsight, now Foxglove, honestly just about any guy between the ages of fifteen and fifty. It seemed slightly predatory to Ro, like they sensed some possible advantage because they thought Lia didn't have good sense. Well, except for Windsight. He might be somewhat stodgy but he's also a fount of rectitude. It wasn't like she was interested in them, necessarily, but being in Lia's shadow wasn't fun.

Rojava leans back against the bar and shakes her head at Marcellano's reply.

It's not a decision about if you go. It's about when you go. The road out there is gonna wait for you. It'll be the same in an extra day as it is tomorrow.

Want some advice? There will come a time when you're cold, or hungry, or tired, maybe in danger. Make a good memory for when that comes. You like her? Just tell her so. Be honest about it. Tell her that you're leaving, and that you regret having never told her before now. Tell her that you'd like to spend your remaining time with her. Don't make any promises, or talk about when you come back someday. Wendy's not stupid, don't insult her like that. I think it will work with her.... It would work with me.

Ro gives Marcellano a sidelong glance as she finishes off that second free drink and starts thinking about a third.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Talene:

Turning to her, Drasven shrugs.
"Why not? I do not see a reason to reject besides it might be good to
go about getting to know the people hereabouts since I'm new here."

Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Checking his gear especially his crossbow.
"I doubt that there be more goblins about but it doesn't hurt to be more careful." with a audible click to his weapon as he tucks it in behind his broad shoulders.

"I'm ready whenever you're ready to go." he nods, his eyes twinkling behind his glasses.

Drasven has a mini quest? Whooppee!!!


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Oblivious to the meaning behind the words, Lia simply nods:"Sure, I'll let you see when the time is right. I've never been to Magnimar, which is a pity because that broken ancient bridge sounds pretty impressive."
Sipping from her drink again, Lia continues:"Go boar hunting, hu? Another thing I've never done. I have no idea about the technique so you'd need to show me how to do that. I'm quite sure I won't be very good at it, but I'll happily tag along if some of the others want to go!"


Flutter takes off from his drinking/bathing pool-mug, and flies through the common room, hovering near each of the bunch telling them about the boar hunt, and asking if they intend to go.
Lia will, then, with a confident certainity, tell Aldern the answer before Flutter comes back


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro had largely tuned Foxglove out while talking with Marcellano, but when Flutter comes by taking his poll she replies

Boar hunting! That's so terribly posh! Sure! Why not?


Female Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Fey) of Desna - Level 2 - HP = 17/17 | AC = 13 | CMD = 14 | F +3 | R +3 | W +6 | Ini +9 | Per + 4 | Channels 4/9 Shadow's Status |

Drasven:
You get the sense she is telling truth.
"Now is as a good a time as any!"


Shadow's Status

Gwydd, Windsight & Drasven

Drasven and Talene step into the night, the temperatures are cool causing Talene to draw her hood over her head.

As the human and the dwarf make the short walk to the Rusty Dragon they happen upon Gwydd and Windsight sitting in front of the church speaking softly to one another.


Female Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Fey) of Desna - Level 2 - HP = 17/17 | AC = 13 | CMD = 14 | F +3 | R +3 | W +6 | Ini +9 | Per + 4 | Channels 4/9 Shadow's Status |

Talene calls out to the two men, "Gwydd, Windsight, did the others head to the Dragon? Are you both coming?"


Shadow's Status

Rusty Dragon

Aldern shakes his head, "I did not say I was very god at it, just that I enjoy a good hunt!" He laughs and smiles at Ro, "There's one of your friends interested!" His focus on Ro wavers as he turns back to Lia.

Marcelano scowls at Ro's statement, "Just because I appreciate the way her hips sway does not mean that I have any feelings for her. Besides, whay should I tell her I feel that way about her when it's you I feel that way about..." He swallows hard and places his mug on the bar turning to head out.

Matrim awkwardly steps back pretending he did not hear the exchange.


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

He continues to look around the bar and see if he finds any games that he might join in on.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"Hail and well met! The night's cool this time of the year I noticed. Is there anything else in this town that oculd be of interest to a curious dwarf like myself, being that I'm but newly arrived to this town. Before the goblins I mean." Drasven calls out to the two, Gwydd and Windsight.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Prior to Talene showing up...
I was really young at the time, you'll remember. I know that the fire was only about a month after the Chopper incident ended with Jervas Stoot, the man identified as the psychopath, getting killed during his apprehension. Gwydd said, almost lost in his memory. Maybe the fire had something to do with someone not being happy about a lack of drawn out justice for the murderer?

After Talene shows up...
Aye, they headed that way! I was headed there, but needed to talk with Windsight a bit first. You fancy a bit of drink Windsight? He says as he turns back to the other man.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava feels a drop in the pit of her stomach. She opens her mouth, but she has no idea what to say.

But I don't feel that way

Ro just stands there as Marcelano starts walking away.

Crap! He's so infuriatingly literal all the time. I will never tell anyone to do what I would do again.

She hurries after and gets around in front of him, putting her hands on his chest to stop him.

Stop. Don't leave Marcelano. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I didn't know, had no idea.

She hooks her arm in his and turns him around, leading him back toward the bar.

Thank you for saying what you did. It was very nice to hear. Stay for a while please? I'm going to sing a song for you later. This evening's for all of us, but doubly so for you.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro guides Maecelano to his old place at the bar and puts his mug back in his hand.

"Okay, stand there like you were before."

"You stomped off before giving me a chance to answer you know. So: "Yes". If you meant the whole thing, including the part about no "someday someday" stuff, because I think we both know I'm not the kind for that."

Ro looks him in the eyes.

"Then from now until tomorrow, yeah."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

I was holding off until the remainder of the group arrives, but I suppose they'll chat outside a while...I'll just go with a yes on the boar hunt then, since nobody seemed opposed

"Yes, it seems we are going hunting. I've never felt the desire to be in the wilderness much...is it far to walk to the Tickwood? When should we be ready in the morning...it may be important to know-", Lia asks, lifting her first Mug and nodding towards Ro who already finished her second while she was busy with Marcellano.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Kind of waiting on Gwydd, myself.


Windsight wrote:
Kind of waiting on Gwydd, myself.

What for?


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

*headsmacks* I swear to god it wasn't there. :P

The Shoanti archer scratches at his cheek, looking down the hill towards the bay as he considers Gwyddym's words. He knew that the younger man had been, well, even younger at the time; he hadn't expected these soft southerners to pay as sharp of attention as even a first-year goat-herding six-year-old Shoanti child would, so while a trace of disappointment shows on his face, it isn't unexpected. "Unlikely," he finally opinions. "Could be, but ... unlikely. Maybe talk to Father Tobyn later."

Looking over at Talene and the dwarf, he lifts a hand in his abbreviated style of wave. "One, why not?" he replies to Gwyddym and, straightening up and sliding the arrow back into his thigh-quiver, follows Talene and Drasven down to the Rusty Dragon with a minor tinge of reluctance that shows only in his less-than-typically-brisk pace. It isn't that he's never been in there before - Ameiko's beauty is reason enough to go - but the 'Shoanti-ness' of the White Deer is much, much more to his taste.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyd turns to walk with Windsight as they make their way to the Rusty Dragon.

Do you have any thoughts on the goblins Windsight? I've not been outside of Sandpoint much, so I'm not very keen on their normal behavior. He says, trying to make productive small talk.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Windsight shakes his head, rubbing his fingers across the stubble growing on his head; he'd have to shave it again in the next day or so. "Not much," he replies, and then actually becomes relatively verbose, his expression distantly thoughtful. "They follow might - power, strength, especially cleverness. You yourself could walk in and dominate them with personality, cruelty, speed, anything to make them fear you, and as long as you let them kill and burn without getting hurt, they would do your will." He gestures back towards the temple and the north gate, indicating the fight the group of you'd engaged in. "Someone sent them as cover. Someone who hated Father Tobyn, who still hates Sandpoint and its people."

As the two of them reach the Rusty Dragon behind Talene and Drasven, he reaches out to hold the door after the front two have opened it - probably Drasven, male courtesies and all. As a consequence, both he and Gwyddym will likely see a sudden frown appear on his face, as if a disturbing thought had just popped into his head.


Female Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Fey) of Desna - Level 2 - HP = 17/17 | AC = 13 | CMD = 14 | F +3 | R +3 | W +6 | Ini +9 | Per + 4 | Channels 4/9 Shadow's Status |

Talene smiles at Windsight, "Such a gentleman!" as she steps through the door.

She calls across the room, "Lia, did you order me a drink!?"


Shadow's Status

Rusty Dragon

The patrons give another cheer as the rest of the young "local heroes" step into the tavern.

Ameiko calls out to Talene, "We're all out of drinks, you'll have to come back tomorrow. A certain dwarven master crafter has been here all day working down my reserves!" Aesrick Battlehorn retorts, "If you did not water it down so much I would drink less!"

The patrons laugh at the banter allowing friendship and laughter to drown out the bloodshed and sorrow from earlier in the evening.

Ro
Marcelano, "I swear this is why I wanted to keep my mouth shut about it, you tell me you would love to hear something and then I tell you and then you... Never mind, just forget it and let's drink and I'll listen to your song when you sing it". He chugs his drink not making eye contact with Ro, "Another one Ameiko".

Lia
Foxglve laughs, "Walk? While I'll rent you and your friends the finest horses to ride there and back don't want to waste the day getting there do we?!"


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Windsight looks troubled. I wonder what's eating at him? Probably best to not bring it up in a crowded place though. Don't need the whole town going crazy over Father Tobyn's "disappearance". Maybe I'll just keep an eye on him...

Gwyd plasters a smile on his face as the cheer goes up around the tavern. As the patrons cheer or pat him on the shoulder, he nods his appreciation, all the while scanning the crowd.

It's possible that someone here is responsible for letting those little demons into the town? And now they drink to our "victory"? I wish we had a little more information about who would have had access to a magical item as powerful as that robe.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia shouts back at Talene: "Not yet. But will right now.", turning to Ameiko, speaking in a lower volume:"Do you have any more of that stuff even Aesrick only drinks when he's already plastered? Talene wants a Mug!"

When Foxglove mentions he'll rent horses, Lia replies:"We had several horses back at my home village but I never got to ride those. I always asked if they'd led me sit on their back as a child, but all they did was laugh at me with that weird noise they make. I stopped talking with them, then. I'm looking forward to trying out riding on something, Kira told me it's fun. Is there anything else we should bring along? Lunch? Weapons? Kittens?"


Shadow's Status

Rusty Dragon

Matrim

As you look around the Inn you see a few soldiers from the garrison with grim looks on their faces. You know that they throw daggers from time to time in games of chance.


Shadow's Status

Rusty Dragon

Lia

Ameiko heads into the back to get something that will likely knock Talene out grinning wickedly at the mischief that she and you are about to get up to.

Foxglove grins broadly and responds, "Yes riding on something, I can certainly arrange that.

Worry not, I shall bring along the tools we will need to hunt the boar, perhaps your friends can bring lunch? Anything is fine for me I am not a picky eater".


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Oh, why, with you providing the horses, I feel we owe you, so I'll prepare something for you that you can eat out in the forest. Do you like creampie?"...Considering Lia is completely oblivious, it's incredibly hard to not make completely innocent teasing remarks. But I assume we'd best keep this PG13 *evil grin*

"Certainly, I will arrange for lunch. A hearty picnic, if we're spending the whole day outdoors. And maybe something sweet for you to enjoy later, as thanks!", Lia suggests innocently.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13
DMD wrote:

Rusty Dragon

"I swear this is why I wanted to keep my mouth shut about it, you tell me you would love to hear something and then I tell you and then you... Never mind, just forget it and let's drink and I'll listen to your song when you sing it". He chugs his drink not making eye contact with Ro, "Another one Ameiko".

Ro cocks her head to one side as she listens to Marcelano and for a moment she considers murder. Instead she settles for saying "Fine. Let's do that then." in a flat voice.

She turns back to her own drink, her back to Marcelano.

What the hells is he even talking about? All I've done is try to be nice, and all he does in return is pout like a 5 year old and blame me. And he won't even say for what. Nope, not fine.

Thirty seconds later Rojava spins back around to Marcelano.

"No, this is not fine. I have no idea what you're talking about at all. I try to help you out. You blindside me. I apologize, and for what actually? You sulk. I accept your request. You get huffy and blame me for it. Then you sulk more. I'm TIRED of this."

"Let's backtrack and remember what actually happened. You HAVE pretty much kept your mouth shut. All YOU said was that you wish you had said something that I said MYSELF. As a suggestion for someone else entirely no less. So, REALLY I'VE been talking to MYSELF and floating YOU credit for half a conversation that I'M really carrying both sides of. What YOU HAVE DONE is offer word salads that don't explain anything other than to make me out to be an ass."

"Forget a song, that's cancelled. Obviously I would just make an ass of myself again somehow. Because your whole evening has been a disaster and I'm the one pulling the strings no doubt. So, if you have something articulate to say that makes some sense and isn't a cut at me. I will be over there, on the other side of the bar. If not have a nice life."

As Ro talks her voice keeps rising, and by the end she's dangerously close to being hearable by anyone within the pair's vicinity.

After she finishes, she walks off and finds a place at the bar away from the others, striking up a conversation with Ameiko if possible. "Hey Ameiko, can I get an applejack?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

While she's standing there waiting for her drink, a flash comes to Rojava. She thinks she's figured out what Marcelano has been skating around. She facepalms.

Sweet Goddess, is he really that naive and entitled?


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

The Shoanti contemplative manages to smile at the cheers and banter, doing his best to keep his thoughts from his face - and if he can't do that, well, note it for the future. Need to ask Gwyddym to find out if anyone left Sandpoint a couple or three days ago, he tells himself, smiling slightly over the offered mug of applejack from the attractive Ameiko.

If there is a table that the Godtouched have gathered about, he will be there; if not, he'll find himself a corner to wedge himself into, or a wall to put his back against. Old habits, after all, die hard.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Indeed Drasven does open the doors and passes through it oblivious to those behind him. He takes in the scene.

The banter.
The atmoshphere.
The friendly jibs.

He shudders. They were all once close to being silenced forever. Goblins indeed. He ponders the rather Insightful Windsight's words.
So much effort just to destroy this town? There must be something deeper to elict such a reaction. Wanton destruction I can foresee from goblins givn their ilk but planned? No. Someone has had their hand in it and it's long enough for them to do what they want too.

The dwarf doesn't head to far in the tavern but heads out almost as immediately as he enters, missing Windsight's expression.

Perhaps the fresh night air might me give me something to ponder about.


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim looks around at the guards as they are sulking around.


Shadow's Status

Rusty Dragon

Lia

Foxglove grins widely at the suggested lunch items, "Indeed all of those things sound delightful, but do ask your friends what they want as more of them have arrived", he points to Windsight and Gwydd entering the Tavern.

Drasven

As you stand by the door, one of the patrons at the bar, a Dwarf, motions for you grinning broadly.

Matrim

The guards look in your direction as you begin to hover near them, "Good evening Matrim, we hear you got involved in all this madness yourself eh? What do you think of it all?"

Windsight and Gwydd

The two friends pull up a table at the back of the room and observe the crowd. While the bantering is still somewhat playful there is a tenseness in the air and the light crowd cannot sustain the good feelings Most people simply sink back into their cups and mugs.

Perception Windsight DC 14:
You see Marcelano is obviously agitated spending most of his last night here looking at the ceiling.


Shadow's Status

Rusty Dragon

Ro

Talene walks towards you and sees the expression n your face, "What's wrong? The Goblin attack have you upset?"


Shadow's Status

Rusty Dragon

Ro

Ameiko grins as she walks over to the two women and hands Ro the applejack, "Boy trouble".

351 to 400 of 3,740 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.