DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


1,151 to 1,200 of 3,913 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

The Smirk now appears on Drasven's faces as he attempts to quell the man's confidence, stepping back he gives one good swing since he's still feeling the previous blows.

Attack with flank hopefully, add +2 if yes. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d12 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Reroll D20? 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Shadow's Status

Glassworks Basement

Wndsight stabs at Tsuto who easily evades the stab unfortunately for him, he once again takes a strike from the axe of Drasven.

Bleeding from several cuts Tsuto finally snarls, "This isn't over!"

He flicks his wrist up and makes a throwing motion down at the floor. A huge flash bang followed by billowing smoke ushers forth!

Windsight and Drasven Fortitude Save DC 11 or be Shaken. Both of you roll a 50% Miss Chance to take an AoO (over 50% you can attempt to make an attack roll) at Tsuto. If you have BlindFight feat you may ignore the 50%.

Perception DC 20:
The sound of footsteps leads to the south!

"Coward!" exclaims Not Lia as she tries to and does trip Ro who hovered above her. The creature then rolls towards the hallway behind her current position. 5' move.

DMD ONLY:
Tsuto 12/42.
Doppel 32/44.
Doppelganger Trip Attempt 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 8 - 4 = 20

Talene cries out, "He did not come my way, I the smoke did not reach this far!"

Round 10
Ro GO!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rojava is taken by surprise and falls with a grunt. She doesn't stay down though. Untroubled by the grease (unless it stains clothes), she springs back up.

Putting on an expression of extreme fear and making her voice tremble slightly, she gasps out the words "Get away" then "väärennös näkymätön", after which she disappears.

She then stands watching the irritating bastard in the corner, quiet and ready.

Move action to stand, standard action to cast Vanish, free action to maintain luck. Freedom of Movement still in effect. Bluff to hopefully convince dopples she fled. Stealth to make to seem like she's gone too.

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 = 27

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 = 30


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

You Don't Fool Me!!:

Fort DC 11: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 77
AoO Kick w/ Flank: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 = 23
Damage, Non-Lethal: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

There's only one response to those words, especially when it's a fellow in close combat with you - a hard, low spinning roundhouse, just about thigh level. His head needs to whip around; luck and perhaps a bit of good timing let him turn his face away to eliminate the worst of the flash and concussion. Bringing his kick hard across the half-elf male's thighs, this time Windsight engages not quite with the top of his toughened foot, but with the durable but less-damaging muscle three inches higher on the leg, the inner arc of his ankle.

His eyes-on-the-wind training seems to be paying off, though, as both footsteps and smoke-swirls betray the direction of Tsuto's retreat - presuming, that is, that Drasven's axe doesn't drop him. Hopefully it'll be enough to stop the half-elf, though with his own attacks, he shouldn't be dead ...


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Fort Save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
AOO 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d12 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Miss Chance 51% and above hits 1d100 ⇒ 90

On instinct, Drasven closes his eyes and he swings. Trusting in its length. In his axe and his faith that all is well.

The deadly blade swings unhindered until Drasven feels a jolt as his axe bites deep into something else he allows his swing to just power through smoke through closed eyes.....His lord will balance the scales. He always do.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

I think we got 'im!! (I hope we got 'im ...)


Shadow's Status

Glassworks Basement - The Gang's All Here!

Drasven and Windsight both feel their strikes connect followed by the sound of a thud though they cannot see where the villain fell.

As Xarmas and Karmid head down the stairs they see a dark mist covering a portion of the hall obscuring any passages beyond it.

Round 11
Lia, Gwydd, Xarmas - GO!
Ameiko & Tsuto
Ro, Karmid & Talene.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia moves away towards the others, then turns to look at her double again as she whispers to Windsight:"Thanks for not shooting me.", gently touching his shoulder.
Bit of luck, roll D20 twice, as usual ;) - I should not have prepared 2 spells targetting will -_-


Shadow's Status

Glassworks Basement

Gwydd calls out, "Did you get him, I don't see him!"

Xarmas sees the mist and pauses, "What the hell?"

The smoke clears and indeed you did get him! He lays on the concrete basement floor bleeding profusely.

Heal DC 10:
He is dying, you will need to heal him to save him.

Meanwhile Ro's foe pulls a potion bottle out of his pocket, "I'll see you soon.." He quaffs it and becomes insubstantial mist!

Round 11
Ro, Karmid & Talene. GO!


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Seeing no foes to smash, Karmid takes a moment to bring everything into focus.

"What...what a mess! RO! You OK over there? Who is that bleeding on the ground?"


Shadow's Status

As you speak Karmid the figure on the ground near her becomes a cloud of mist!


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Combat Over?


Shadow's Status
Karmid Groundbreaker wrote:
Combat Over?

So close but I want to see what Ro does before I declare it over!


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 = 17

Perception: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17

Though nobody sees it happen, Ro's jaw drops. She's furious, but also suspicious.

Dammit! That's one hell of a clever setup wasted. I just have to be sure I'm not the one who gets played here though. I couldn't live with that...

Ro creeps toward the misty form and attacks with a thrust aimed carefully at its center.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 2 = 21

Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5


Shadow's Status

Ro's weapon passe sthrough the mist as it seems to recede into the wall and fade away.

Combat now over! Sorry for the length there folks, that was long ass complicated combat - well done! I will now remove the black areas from the basement as you can explore it without restrictions.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rojava reappears and dismisses the grease on the floor, staring at the wall where the shape-changer melted away. "Who's the f@&$ing coward after all?" she says to the spot.

Turning to face the others down the hall she says "I did wonder why it was so quick to corner itself. I guess that explains why. How's everyone?"


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Walking to the downed man, Drasven lays down his axe. The very same one he used to bring him down and begins to heal him.
Fervor 1d6 ⇒ 5

"The balance of the scales so delayed, be rebalanced now. Abadar grant me a spark of your power and allow me to heal this one." He begins as he places his hands on the wounds.


Shadow's Status

Glassworks Basement

Tsuto groans and his eyes flutter open, "Release me at once! You are trespassing on my family property!"


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

"The only reason you're still alive is because we need information," Hudok Tamiirrik states, reaching into the pouch at his belt and retrieving a truly wondrous item - a spare bowstring. "Drasven, move - I would rather he were bound before you go any further. Perhaps you might help Karmid in looking at the section of wall through which the fake Lia went? I think it best we chase that one down quickly - before more foulness can be perpetrated. Talene, if we leave this maniac with you, will you be able to keep him captured?" It might be of interest to note he does not say 'alive'.

Q - at least that last strike I did was nonlethal; Tsuto shouldn't be dying, just unconscious ... ?


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven grins, an unplesant one as he draws forth rope instead.
"I got some rope here with me. Best to make use of it for now. Also youngling. I just healed you and I'd hate to use my axe on you once more so be nice and stay still. You've got some answers for us later."


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid will shoulder Angela, being careful not to bean someone with the hammer accidentally, then moves to comply with Windsight's request.
He points at Tsuto as he passes him on the ground.

"Keep that one alive. He and Angela need to have a deep conversation later. He also better hope his sister is still alive!"

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

"Take your rage out on more worthy opponents. Sandpoint has a prior engagement with this gentleman - one which will undoubtedly conclude at the end of a rope." Windsight nods thanks to Drasven, lifting a hand to accept the rope so that the dwarf can help Karmid find out where the heck the shapeshifter went.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia moves up, gently pushing aside weapons to get a clearer look on Tsuto:"You are all wrong. That is Tsuto. And he will not come to harm right now, nor answer for what he did to anybody other than Ameiko. It is her family, her father, her brother. She stands judge over him, don't try and take this from her!"

While realistically, if Tsuto is involved with the attack of the Goblins, his life would be forfeit after standing trial for his crimes, Lia seems utterly convinced that Ameiko needs to be involved here, to be allowed some closure...wether Ameiko knows that herself, or not.

It also seemed that Lia was resoundingly confident in the fact that Ameiko was, unlike her father, still alive.

Thats my personal opinion, at least...I know if a family member of mine f$!$s up big time, and I had trusted them enough to meet them secretly before getting betrayed, I would want a say in the matter...and even if I can't decide clearly, it would help me find inner peace later to have been involved in the process.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Lia, I agree in part. He should not come to further harm now. Nor are we equipped to pass final judgement on him for his actions. As for Ameiko, she should certainly have some input. However, if he is behind this goblin monstrosity, it is up to the Sheriff and city leaders to pass judgement. We should remand him, with Ameiko present. Preferably. Looking around at the collected group, he assesses their health as best he can. Are any of you hurt enough to need the grace of Shelyn upon you? What's our next task?


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

While Rojava walks over to join the others she thinks on the potion and the shape-changer. She might have appreciated it's trickery and obstructionism in a more abstract and less lethal situation, but it had brought out Ro's inner terrier now.

It wasn't invisible, and the duration of the potion is unknown. Now it's out of sight again it could reappear as Ameiko or one of us if we lose sight of one another. If it didn't flee completely (can it from here?), it's still dangerous.

K Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

K Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

K Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

K Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

She mulls over what the thing is, the magic it used, and where it could travel from here. As the others talked about Tsuto.

"We should get back on track finding Ameiko. We need to stay within line of sight of each other to make sure our shape-shifter friend doesn't try to insert itself into our group again. That means we bring him" with a finger jab toward Tsuto "with us. How about you carry him Karmid?"

With a wicked undercurrent in her voice she adds "Carry him however you like Karmid, as long as he's not actually dead at the end of his trip with you."


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid smiles wickedly at first, until Ro clarifies, then his facial features suddenly that of a puppy in a pee puddle.

"But...I...Can't I....OK...Whatever."

Slinging his hammer on his back, Karmid carries Tsuto folded over his left shoulder, occasionally banging the Tian's head against the holstered hammer whenever he struggles too much.

"Shad-dup! Don't make me take you upstairs and dump you in a glass furnace!"


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven holds up soap and his waterskin.
"We're facing a shapeshifter that can take our forms. However with this we can make sure we don't get tricked. It might get a tad uncomfortable though." he warns.

Wetting the soap, he applies it towards his neck, allowing the scent to settle awhile. He does not towel it off.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"I am not certain I want to go sniff not-me's neck. Her claws hurt, and I would need to get pretty close to not-me to sniff.", Lia shakes her head while showing the place where the dopples claws had ripped through her dress, then moves back towards Karmid while talking:
"Besides, we should hurry, before it tries to take Ameiko's place."
Placing her finger on Tsuto's nose, she continues:"You can tell us where Ameiko is. You lost. Everything. Don't lose your sister too, the only one who truly believed in you."

@Drasven: It does seem like a nifty idea, but honestly, I think we should stay together and look for Ameiko, first. We can implement that as a failsafe if we don't run into the dopple again before calling it a night...but do remember these things can read minds...and could use this as a set-up for a surprise attack against someone after holding out their neck to "prove" their identity

Also, @Tsuto: just to make that clear, as a player I'm all for whatever he has coming to him. I only meant to call for moderation right now because delivering him to justice intact is what Ameiko(closure) and the town(a culprit) need, and the gods(publicity) want ;)


Shadow's Status

Glassworks Basement

As Karmid lifts him with ease, Tsuto clams up and says nothing further.

The companions begin to explore this level wary for an attack form the shapeshifter.

A19 The southern passage which is still passable is filled with sand and other raw materials. At the end of the western hall (the alcove where the star is) has a few dirty wheelbarrows.

A20 This room is used to store glassware, windows, and other finished product.

A21 This door is locked!

A22 This room appears to be an office. It has a writing table and an uncomfortable looking cot. Several bottles of dwarven spirits empty or half drunk are strewn about the room. On the desk is a small leather bound booklet, a feather, and an ink well.

A23 This door is locked!

Ro:
You believe the spell was gaseous form. He went through a crack in the foundation and he could be anywhere down here, you are right to proceed with caution!

Windsight:
Drasven was the last to strike him and with his axe which IS lethal damage.


Female Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Fey) of Desna - Level 2 - HP = 17/17 | AC = 13 | CMD = 14 | F +3 | R +3 | W +6 | Ini +9 | Per + 4 | Channels 4/9 Shadow's Status |

Glassworks Basement

"Some of these doors are locked. Gwydd. Ro. Can you open either of them?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Looks like 21 is the first locked room we come across?

Rojava gives the door lock a close look and sighs.

"I really wish I'd been able to stop by Volioker's before coming here. I don't have any actual tools to work with. I'll see what I can do. If anyone has anything thin and sturdy, preferably made of metal, it might help."

She uses the thinner dagger from her boot and an arrowhead to see if she can trip the lock open.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


"I dare say, Angelo could also open doors, if needed.", Flutter idly adds, his Mistress staring at Tsuto, walking behind Karmid, even duplicating the sway caused by Karmids movement..


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Seeing that no one else is receptive to the idea, the dwarf shrugs and follows behind after ?loading his crossbow and with it in hand moves downwards.

"I don't suppose you have the keys to these doors now do you?" Drasven casually asks from the back.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro stops working on the lock and sighs. She turns around prepared to say something nasty to Drasven, but then a light comes on.

"You know, maybe we do Drasven. Give Tsuto a good patting down. Let's see if the young lord of this here manor has them."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia still walks directly behind Karmid, staring at Tsuto unblinking, trying to duplicate the movements caused by the large mans striding, pondering aloud:"Was Tsuto always Tsuto, or did Tsuto become Tsuto?"


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyddym moves to Tsuto, and begins searching his person for keys.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Well, there's THAT for a roll. Grumble.


Shadow's Status

Glassworks Basement

As Ro is unable to pick the first lock Drasven mentions the possibility of keys.

Tsuto remains silent throughout the pat down. Gwydd cannot find the keys on his person.

Eventually the keys are recovered from a pocket within the half-elf's vest. His hateful glare evident for all to see.

Turning the key in the lock of this small storage room it is clear why the door was locked as the still form of Ameiko lies on her side bound at the wrists and ankles, blindfolded and gagged. The rise and fall of her chest is regular but shallow.


Female Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Fey) of Desna - Level 2 - HP = 17/17 | AC = 13 | CMD = 14 | F +3 | R +3 | W +6 | Ini +9 | Per + 4 | Channels 4/9 Shadow's Status |

Talene takes a step into the room but then pauses, "What if it's the shapeshifter?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro frowns as she considers Talene's question.

"It could have gotten into a locked room... But I have to doubt it could shapeshift into being bound, blindfolded, and gagged... But I could be wrong too."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven shoulders his way past everyone and proceeds to check on Ameiko.
"First things first......" he mutters as he begins to check the bound and gagged woman for wounds with gentle hands. First he removes her gag as he checks if she can answer his questions.
"Ameiko? Lassie are you well and able to speak?" before loosenning her bounds slowly to better allow her body to adjust better once he's satisfied with her anwer or lack of it.

Heal 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Sense Motive 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid, seeing one of his oldest friends bound and gagged, possibly hurt, enrages him even more!

"What did you do Tsuto! Is she alright?"

Karmid's voice is obviously near cracking with worry.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Is that a way to treat your sister? You are not a nice brother!", Lia shakes her head, tipping her finger on Tsuto's forehead.
"She should really remember you for this? And your other sister is on her way home. To this.", Lia stretches her arms, to cover all of the glassworks, caring little about wether Tsuto actually pays attention or not, then focusing on him again, her face serious: "Was she really worth it?"


Shadow's Status

Glassworks Basement

Tsuto does not respond to any attempt to speak with him except to sneer.

Ameiko is unconscious and badly wounded but alive! I will assume you heal her.

Her eyes flutter open, "Oh my. I... I... I cannot believe what you have done brother. Thank all of the Gods of the Cathedral that you have rescued me my friends".

"Say nothing!" Tsuto hisses.

Ameiko sits up defiant, "No. You have gone too far. This is unforgivable, you are not my brother, if you ever were.

He told me that a woman named Nualia hired he and several other mercenaries to coordinate the Goblin attack against Sandpoint! He also told me that I did not want to be in town when these plans came to fruition. He gave me the choice of joining him. I of course recoiled in horror that he would think I would be so callous as to betray my friends and neighbors and I slapped him. That is when his Goblins subjected me to their tender mercies, I am surprised he even spared me.. after... after what he did to father..." She pauses and sobs softly.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid bumps Tsuto's head none-too-gently into the wall or doorjamb with a heavy frown.

"Oops. Clumsy me."

Intelligence Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Turning to Ameiko, Karmid puzzles out loud.

"Did he says where these mercenaries are based at? I knew the attack seemed too well planned for stupid goblins.
We need to find them and stop them before they can gather more troops and try to finish off Sandpoint."


Shadow's Status

Ameiko frowns, " he did not say from where they came or explain how the attack was coordinated".

As this is PbP I would encourage the characters to re-read my most recent posts you all may have missed something...


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

I think I might know what it is, but haven't had a chance to post until now.

K Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Rojava helps Ameiko up into a sitting position, hugging her from behind to lend her support. As Ameiko has explained what happened to her, Rojava's expression turns puzzled then pained. When Ameiko finishes, Ro looks to Gwyddim. "I never expected to hear of another person named Nualia, what about you Gwydd?"


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Seeing that Ameiko likely needed his healing more then then the others Drasven calls upon his patron to balance the scales laid upon the group.
Converting my final spell to CLW 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

He listens gravely as Ameiko launches into a tale on how her brother betrayed the village and although newly come to this place, he's come to see how close kit they were.

Throwing a wink towards Karmid, hoping the big man might understand, he address Tsuto.
"This Naulia must have being an evil witch to have made you turn against your own family. Is she one of those Long nosed, wart filled face with scraggy hair type? Wouldn't surprise me since that sounds like the type of person to have used such magic to bewitch you so."

Clicking his tongue he continues.
Other mercenaries? No doubt they enjoy her favors while she left you to rut with the goblins. Not much of a difference I'd say."

Attempting to provoke Tsuto into revealing more information. *Smirks* though the method maybe a little more rough.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:
Drasven Hammers wrote:

Clicking his tongue he continues.

Other mercenaries? No doubt they enjoy her favors while she left you to rut with the goblins. Not much of a difference I'd say."
Attempting to provoke Tsuto into revealing more information. *Smirks* though the method maybe a little more rough.

Karmid winks back.

"Not surprized Drasven! Compared to our captive here, Goblins at least have ferocity, stamina, endurance..."

Karmid suddenly stiffens and and looks at Ro suddenly.

"ANOTHER person named Nualia?"

@GM: Full disclosure here: I know who Nualia is...Karmid grew up at the temple from a baby. Hence my Intelligence check earlier to see if Karmid put 2 and 2 together. I really didn't want to Meta-Game.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

"Yeah Karmid, you'd remember her too. Nualia who died in the chapel fire. She was the... second most beautiful person I've ever seen."


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

No, I haven't either. She was as much Father Tobyn's daughter as I was his son. If she ordered the attack it means two big things. One, she isn't dead. That raises its own set of questions. Two, it could provide some insight for why Father Tobyn's bones were removed. Gwyd says, scratching his head.

1,151 to 1,200 of 3,913 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.