DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


1,001 to 1,050 of 3,942 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Smiling through the mask of goblin blood, Karmid moves to work on the new goblins in the room!

"How generous! More goblins waiting in line for their hammer blows! Please! Step-UP!"

Earthbreaker (2-Handed): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 5) + 4 = 12

The Red goblin easily dodges the blow as Karmid's hammer cracks the tiles on the floor.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

A warm flow of bright energy, and then Gwyddym's touch cause the cuts Ro had received to knit over and heal. Not dead yet, very encouraging! Plans not cancelled!

Rojava draws another arrow and sends it speeding toward the most exposed goblin.Blue

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 8

Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

The table was a problem though. The arrow glances off it rather than hitting the goblin's head on the other side.

Not good!

There just isn't enough space in the crowded room for her to use the bow. She drops it and draws her rapier and buckler.

Lia! Gwydd! Can you come back this way? I'll get up in front of you!


Female Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Fey) of Desna - Level 2 - HP = 17/17 | AC = 13 | CMD = 14 | F +3 | R +3 | W +6 | Ini +9 | Per + 4 | Channels 4/9 Shadow's Status |

Talene uses the space she has available to cast a spell.

Spellcraft DC 11:
She is casting Summon Monster I


Shadow's Status

Round 3 - Order - Gwydd, Lia & Windsight - GO!
Goblins Group 2
Drasven & Xarmas
Goblins Group 1
Karmid, Ro, & Talene

Windsight, check my spoiler from Post 1,000 on the last page. Yay! 1,000 posts.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia realizes she stepped behind a wall, cutting off her sight of goblins. The only person next to her is Gwyddym, who would hardly benefit from her gift of luck, being lucky himself.
Instead, Lia sits down and fiddles with her crossbow, reloading it.
Not really much I can do in this spot, right now-and with Windsight cutting down those outside and Gwyddym a pacifist, the situation will not change.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

How far is it to the ground - or perhaps to the work-table beneath me?


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Not sure if this will work, but here we go trying it anyway!
Gwydd leaves his hand on Ro's back, imploring on Shelyn to let her luck flow through the other bard. Go get 'em Ro! he says as the luck flows through his fingers.

As he imparts his gift, he begins a liquid dance, weaving his way through the combat, trying to get out of range of the goblins to the little supply room that appears to have an open door.

Acrobaticing away from gobbos: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
7/9 BP remaining, IC active. 2/4 Touch of Luck remaining. Ro has luck (all d20 rolls for next turn can be made twice and user takes best roll)


Shadow's Status
Windsight wrote:
How far is it to the ground - or perhaps to the work-table beneath me?

This part of the factory has high ceilings, it is about a 20' drop, 16' with the worktable below. The blood and body of the human on the table will make the drop more treacherous though. There is still one more in your line of sight to shoot though he begins to head towards the door...

I will delay his action until Windsight goes but will proceed with the rest of the round in the meantime.


Shadow's Status

The Glassworks

Lia, as you begin to reload your crossbow the door next to you opens and Ameiko stares at you in horror, "What are you doing here Lia?! You're going to ruin everything!"

Gwydd manages to dance to the other side of Karmid as the Goblins press their attack against what appears to be the biggest threat, Karmid. "Chop down biggin, chop tree burn in fire, yummy!" blruts out one of the maniacally.

DMD ONLY:
Goblin (Brick Red) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4. (Navy Blue) Goblin 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20. Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2

Karmid the dogslicer catches you on the right thigh, 2 points of damage, tis a mere flesh wound.

Note that everyone but Windsight can see Ameiko's appearance from their vantage points.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"No, we're saving you. Have you seen the main room?", Lia asks, while keeping reloading, answering question with question, before standing up again.
"Karmid, the one in front of me!", Lia then shouts to the others.

Move action: stand up. Standard=>Ready action: 5 foot step down, then try and get green, brown and blackish in a color spray(DC 14 Will Save), IFF blue goes down.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

With an almost evil smile, Karmid will turn on the Blue Goblin!

"My turn gobbo!"

Earthbreaker(2-Handed): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

As Karmid squashes the closest goblin, Ro tumbles forward to put herself between the other goblins and Lia. Looks like the table is in the way of any AoO's but just in case

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

She sees and hears Ameiko as she passes Lia, but with the confusion and noise, as well as her attention diverted to other things, she must surely have heard Ameiko wrong.

Coming up in front of an advancing goblin Light Green, she thrusts at it with her rapier.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 15

Attack Take 2 cuz I'm so lucky! 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 15

Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 7

"Hi Ameiko! Nobody could find you so we came here looking for you!"


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

The old dwarf looks as 'Ameiko' walks in.
She's entirely too calm. Is that not her father? Furthermore Can she not see that we're not engaging in friendly banter with the goblins?
Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

His eyes narrow even as his arms secure purchase on his crossbow's stock....


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Shootings and Actionses:
Sorry for the delay. Wish I could say it was because of DragonCon, but ... well, maybe indirectly. Half of everyone at my work went, which meant I 'got' to hold down the fort. :P

Standard Action: Dead Goblinses Making!!
My Own Arrowshot: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Arrowdamage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

That'll finalize him, I daresay.

Move Action (maybe plus immediate action?): Going to clear the shards from the window (immediate action?) and then swing myself down and drop. Acrobatics DC 15 to reduce the damage (ignore the first 10', convert the second 10' to nonlethal). Don't think I want to try to jump onto the workbench, with its glass and human cargo:
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Yaay!! Presuming I take SOME damage, it'll be a d6 of nonlethal:
10' Nonlethal Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

It says you fall prone if you take damage from a fall; does that include the nonlethal damage, or am I going to be prone anyhow?

Tossing in a Perception check to look around before dropping. If, incidentally, this takes too long, then combine this all into my next round's action?

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

After letting one last arrow flash across the distance to take the last goblin he can see square in the back - though the Shoanti archer hasn't had issues so far, after seeing this he'll have no problem with shooting goblins in the back for a long, long time - and, heart transfixed, causing it to drop and slide forward as it does, Windsight lowers the bow to rake across the glass shards jutting out of the sky-window's frame before gripping it, then swinging himself down and into the furnace room.

Hanging there by one hand, he takes a quick look around before finally letting go and dropping the twenty or so feet to the stone floor; the distance causes him to go to one knee, that knee banging painfully into the flagstone. "Aah!!" It sounds as if he'd taken an arrow.


Shadow's Status

The Glassworks

Ameiko grabs Lia's arm, "Hurry, come with me, we've got to go!"

Lia, you are now considered grappled and Ameiko is pulling you towards the stairs.

DMD:
Ameiko 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 - Ameiko 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

As the last Goblin in the room rushes towards the doorway an arrow from Windsight drops it low. His form can then been seen dropping into the room. His landing is fairly graceful though he did twist his ankle on some of the debris littering the floor. 1 non-lethal damage.

Drasven, it looks like the genuine article from what you can tell.

Round 3 - Drasven & Xarmas GO!
Goblins Group 1
Karmid, Ro, & Talene

Karmid and Ro, I'll resolve those items using the rolls you have above once we get to your slots in the round.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Say, Ameiko...what drink did I order for Talene the night before the feast?", Lia does not explicitly resist, but does go somewhat limp.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"Ameiko. I'm sorry but..........." here Drasven pauses as his words seem to come alive as he speaks one more.

"Do not move from there." as the mark on his palms glows along with each word spoken.

To make it simpler.:

Prohibition (Su): As a standard action, you can command a creature within 30 feet to refrain from committing a particular action (including any referenced in the spell forbid actionUM). If the creature performs the named action before the beginning of your next turn, it takes 1d6 points of damage + 1 point for every 2 cleric levels you possess and the effect ends. This is a language-dependent effect. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

Forbid Action

"We need answers." is all he offers in way of explanation.


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas swings her quarterstaff a the goblin (the classic goblin coloring) in front of her, trying to crush his skull with her swing.

Melee Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

"Blasted creatures!"

Her eyes are wild, and she looks a little caught up in the wild of battle.


Shadow's Status

The Glassworks

Round 3 -
Goblins Group 1
Karmid, Ro, & Talene

Drasven voice is clear and crisp even above the din of grunts and shrieks, "Do not move from there."

DMD ONLY:
Will Save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Lia feels Ameiko tense up at Drasven's command, "What why would he do that to me?!" she shrieks.

Meanwhile Xarmas connects with her staff, the sickening crunch of broken bones is followed immediately thereafter with the slumping of yet another Goblin body.

The Godtouched are routing these vermin!

Just as the battle seems to have turned the tide, the door to the northwest of Drasven and Talene opens releasing a floodgate of gibbering slobbering Goblins!

They charge at the two rear most members of the party!

DMD:
[First 3 vs. Drasven Last vs. Talene]Goblin (1) (Turquoise) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 - Goblin (1) (Purple) 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 2 = 15 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3 - Goblin (1) (Pink) 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7 - Goblin (1) (Steel) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Despite what seem to be overwhelming numbers, the Goblins are too undisciplined to take advantage of their greater numbers. Only Purple manages to cut at Drasven's forearm with his Dogslicer. Perhaps divine intervention has kept the two heroes largely untouched.

Drasven you take 3 damage from the slicer.

Drasven, one bypasses you to get to Talene, you may take an AoO against him, the steel colored one.

With problems of their own, Karmid and Ro press the attack against the first group of Goblins. By bludgeon and by pierce do the next two foes fall. The entrance to the floor is now knee deep in Goblin corpses and slick with Goblin blood!

Talene glows with a soft light, "Desna aid me against these many foes".

The Goblin strikes at her as she casts but

DMD:
AoO Goblin (1) (Steel) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4 - Tal Concentration 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Unfortunately, the spell fails as the Goblin does not fail a second time!

Round 4 - Order - Gwydd, Lia & Windsight - GO!
Goblins Group 2
Drasven & Xarmas
Goblins Group 1
Karmid, Ro, & Talene


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwydd hears the sound of goblins assaulting around the corner. Chancing his luck again, he begans weaving his way back through the melee, trying to not draw any attacks from the red goblin. Getting behind Talene, he reaches a hand out and grazes her back, letting Shelyn's magic flow through her, healing her a little bit.

Acrobatics through combat: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

6/9 BP remaining, IC active. 2/4 Touch of Luck remaining. 2/3 1st level spells remaining.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Finding her question unanswered, but Ameiko's grip on her still strong, Lia has few options to actually help the others.
Instead, she shifts ever so slighty, and hugs Ameiko, whispering "I am glad you are fine.", before giving her a playful kiss on her cheek.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

And trying to read her reaction. Does she react the way Ameiko would? Someone used to Lia would probably expect some random actions even at times like this.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

No Aoo. Am holding onto a Ranged weapon.
Dagger stab, defensively 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 2 = 41d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Draw as move action, attack as standard.

Drasven knew at this time, he would be in a spot of trouble having no room for him to swing his axe. He grabs for the next closest weapon he has from his belt and stabs. His dagger comes away clean. as he seeks to clear the way for himself......


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Kill Da Wabb -- Err, Goblins:
'Reaction shot', kind of, and considering the damage this bow is doing - with a +5, any hit is killing them, so dropping Deadly Aim's -1/+2 for a bit better chance to hit means it'll still kill on a sub-par 1d8 roll of 3 or better - I'm going to stop using Deadly Aim for a bit.

Shot, Red Gobbo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Damage, Red Gobbo: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

That should do nicely. :D

Windsight draws an arrow from his thigh-quiver even as he straightens back up, to nock/draw/release with a fluid motion and a bow's typical snapping sound. The arrow streaks across the mere twenty-foot distance, flashing between Xarmas and Rojava to slide above the intruding red goblin's shield and through its leather armor to take it just above the breastbone, punching the creature back and down.

"Stop screwing around!!" he snarls, his Shoanti rage clearly showing, and just as clearly under tight control. Striding forward, though he does favor his right ankle slightly, he follows the path of his arrow between Xarmas and Rojava, to see the onslaught harrassing Drasven, Talene, and the rest. "Drasven! Talene! Gwyddym!! Pull back this way!! Karmid, get that earthbreaker ready. Xarmas, Ro, Lia, bring Ameiko through, get her out the back. Hurry!!" The archer reaches down to his quiver, fingers touching the arrows' feathers as he watches the goblins swinging wildly at Drasven.


Windsight wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Don't forget soft cover...unless you somehow picked up Improved Precise Shot, in which case disregard this reminder


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

I completely forgot soft cover because of my own people! So I guess it depends on whether or not there was enough of a gap so that it didn't have it. Otherwise, ignore pretty much the entire post after shooting. Windsight would have missed, but he still would have crossed the 15' to be just behind Xarmas and, I think, within melee range of the goblin.


Shadow's Status

The Glassworks

Gwydd is able to squeeze past the final Goblin in the midst of his allies as he seems more intent on Karmid then anyone else.

Windsight's shot manages to thread the needle of combat and strike the wall deflected by Xar,as' whirling quarterstaff.

Drasven draws and stabs but his dagger is deflected by the Goblin's leather armor.

Lia:
While Ameiko cannot move you do not feel the same warmth emanating from he you would have expected to. Her muscles begin to loosen and she pulls you close, "Come with me Lia, we have to get downstairs and quickly!" She whispers.

The last Goblin among your ranks stabs at Karmid wildly and as an undisciplined fighter is wont to do, he misses.

DMD ONLY:
Goblin (2) (Red) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 - Goblin (2) (Gold/Yellow) 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7.

The Goblin who opened the gates of little goblin hell piles into the swarm that is attacking Drasven, like his companions, his strikes are clumsy and off of the mark.

Round 4 - Order - Xarmas GO!
Goblins Group 1
Karmid, Ro, & Talene


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas reverses her grip on her quarterstaff, and swings it like a club in a whirling attack at the goblin's head.

Melee Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

"Confounded goblins! Just die already!"

The look of rage and frustration on her face is apparent, and likely the reason her attacks are losing their accuracy.


Shadow's Status

The Glassworks

Xarmas' swing is high as the Goblin ducks under it.

The Goblins pressing Drasven and Tal press their attack!

DMD ONLY:
[Two vs. Drasven & Two vs. Talene, Final a Ranged Attack v. Gwydd] Goblin (1) (Turquoise) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12. Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3. - Goblin (1) (Purple) 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 2 = 17. Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4 - Goblin (1) (Pink) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19. Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4. - Goblin (1) (Steel) 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11 - Goblin 1 (Grey) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

This time many, too many, dogslicers find their mark. Drasven is struck twice and Tal once by the bloodthirsty little bastards. The last Goblin moves towards the battle but instead decides to loose a slingstone at Gwydd, it strikes the ceiling harmlessly.

Drasven takes 7 and Tal 4 damage!

Drasven falls to one knee and Tal acts once more to heal her ally and herself with a burst of positive energy.

Channel Energy 1d6 ⇒ 6

End of Round 4 - Karmid & Ro GO!


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

With his latest kill paste on the floor, Karmid hears the calls and shouts from Talene in the other room.

"Xarmas! I got this! Go help the others!"

He then chokes up on his hammer, and brings the hammer upwards from the floor into the smiling chin of the remaining goblin!

Targeting the last Goblin (Red?) in the room!
Earthbreaker(2-Handed+Flanking?): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 16
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 5) + 4 = 11


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

With Karmid's crushing of the last goblin in the room, and the glut of people between her and the remaining goblins in the hall, Rojava turns her attention to Lia and Ameiko.

Ameiko's words seem so unlike her that Ro feels like she must be missing something really important. This can't be what it feels like, but I need to get Lia away from her before trying to sort this out.

Ro walks toward Ameiko, transferring her rapier with the blade inverted to her buckler hand. "Ameiko please, we need to know what's going on. What's happening here?"

She reaches out with her free hand toward Lia. "Let go of Lia. We'll come with you, but we have to know why first. Just tell us why."

Diplomacy?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Shadow's Status

The Glassworks

Karmid's powerful strike brings low the last of the Goblins threatening the group nearest to the forge.

As Ro turns back towards Ameiko she looks back at Ro and hisses, "This fight is going to ruin any chance we have of a peaceful settlement. Please both of you come with me now and we'll talk to him, tell him to stop". Speaking action only by Ameiko at the moment.

Round 5 - Gwydd, Lia & Windsight GO!
Goblins Group 2
Drasven & Xarmas
Goblins Group 1
Karmid, Ro, & Talene


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"They seems more peaceful now than ever in their life!", Lia contradicts Ameiko...then suddenly stares at Ameiko:"He did tell you about your father, right?", then to Ro:"Lets go!", Lia starts pulling Ro and Ameiko down the stairs in a measured pace.

Honestly, our positioning right now is BAD. single-file combat is for Tusken Raiders and Goblins. A round of readying in the back line/withdrawing in the front to get in a better tactical position would be sensible. If we move ahead slightly, that gives more maneuvering space and the fallback scenario of downstairs. Lia would move with a single move action, resisting moving faster.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Very Bad. Can't see where I am on the map. Have I being swarmed? I know I went prone after being taken down.


Shadow's Status
Drasven Hammers wrote:
Very Bad. Can't see where I am on the map. Have I being swarmed? I know I went prone after being taken down.

Fixed that, sorry Drasven. With Tal's channel you should be back up to positive HP again. It is a tough spot to be sure, luckily you have a number of friends close by I am curious to see how it shakes out!


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Oh! Did Drasven go down? The flavor text seemed to imply that he only went to a knee before healing kept him going! If Withdrawing will be impossible for Drasven, then it's no good to go with Ameiko voluntary! His fluffy beard is needed against the Runelords!


Shadow's Status
Lia Tani wrote:
Oh! Did Drasven go down?

He took a quick knee, like an anthem protest and got right back up :-)

You are still on the stairs but closing in on the landing Lia, I am going to see what Ro does at the end of the round before I spend time on a map for your location.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ugh, don't know exactly what to do. Should I just go ahead and post when I decide or wait for my initiative turn to come around?


Well, Lia would be (slowly) dragging you downstairs with her...if you mean to resist that, you could do so right away ;)


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Looks like it's stab stab stab I suppose. I could try for a toal defence and attempt to move out.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

That would be wise. You, Talene, and Gwyddym need to pull back through the hallway and into the room we're in - reverse the situation on the goblins, so it's five- or six-on-one against them, not against you.

"Lia!! Windsight's cold rage shatters as she disappears into the wall - oh yeah, stairs. The Shoanti archer moves behind Xarmas, then, after hesitating as he sees the troubles of the priests, continues forward after the flighty Desna-chosen. "Karmid, get them pulled back!! Finish the damn things off, then follow!!" And he goes down after Lia and Rojava and the very un-Ameiko Ameiko, an arrow to the string ready to be shot.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwydd fishes in the pouch on his belt, pulling out a tiny lump of wax. He mutters a quick incantation and suddenly from behind the goblins, the sound of howling dogs starts to move rapidly toward the group. With a look of horror on his face, Gwydd backs away from the group, and makes his way to where Windsight and the others are. As he skids to a halt behind the archer, he continues his inspirational song!

Casting ghost sound, DC13 Will to disbelieve. 5/9 BP remaining, IC active. 2/4 Touch of Luck remaining. 2/3 1st level spells remaining.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

"No, not yet! Rojava cries as she plants her feet. She takes hold of Lia's arm and pulls hard back, trying to free her from Ameiko's grasp. Hopefully this will look like an accident of my stopping and not a trick!

"You mean your brother Ameiko? Is he the one who's responsible? We can't go yet! We can't leave everyone else with so many goblins right on top of them!

No idea how the rules work for what she's trying to do. So I'll make a few rolls that seems applicable.

CMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

CMB: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

You don't "roll" a CMD. CMD is always a "target" value. Think of it as your AC against maneuvers.

As such, if Lia intends to drag or pull Ro along, she would need to roll with her CMB and beat Ro's CMD. Lia will not try to force you, if you resist, but rolling anyway, since you did want one. Also, your grapple-maneuver fails to hold me, too ;)

Lia CMB: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10

@Drasven: At least one of them must have been placed in error, unless he walks through walls. With a simple withdraw action, you could at most provoke from 2 of them...which seems better than total defense for slightly higher AC, but provoking from 5...your call, of course.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ah, good know. Never had occasion to use the maneuvers rules before. If this even counts as a maneuver <shrug>. Regardless it looks like Ro screwed the pooch on the whole thing.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Better I provoke then. I hope. Total Defense and Move out. This would clear the way for the others. Is it my turn yet?


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13
Drasven Hammers wrote:
Better I provoke then. I hope. Total Defense and Move out. This would clear the way for the others. Is it my turn yet?

Yep. good luck! I think we're still in good shape with healing though if nothing else.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Total defense is a full round action Drasven. Best you could get is 5 foot step? Full withdrawal will reduce/prevent AoOs, but you have to have room to move straight away. Fighting defensively is a Move/Standard Action I think however.


Actually, total defense can be done as a standard action, leaving one move(as opposed to withdraw, which is a full round action, but provides 2 move actions - not needing a straight line, either). I don't really see how 5 attacks versus ac 15(11+4 Total Defense) are better than 2 attacks versus AC 15(11+4 cover vs. melee for being across a corner), but then, I'm only a butterfly.

(Honestly though, ruleswise withdraw seems more in your favor...its your call to make, Drasven, just trying to put your intent into a favorable context with the tools provided by the rules ;)


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Yeah, a withdrawal is possible (remember you can move through ally's squares freely) and more likely to keep you on your feet.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Let's gamble. Total Defense and Move. The least I can do is make sure the others don't suffer that many Aoos.

1,001 to 1,050 of 3,942 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.