DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


901 to 950 of 3,743 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Shadow's Status

Sandpoint

Bethana smiles, "May Desna bless you all, even those of you who revere other Gods. Thank you, thank you so much!"

Drasven estimates that it is 9 am. Ameiko then has been at the Glassworks for possibly nine hours. It is 10 hours by the time you all get ready and head over to the Glassworks to investigate.

Glassworks

Located within the city itself on Glass Street, the Glassworks Sandpoint Glassworks has been owned by the Kaijitsu family from the town's inception. The glassworking trade has been in the family for generations, and many of their techniques-perfected in distant Minkai-result in dazzling and impressive works that fetch top price among the nobles of Magnimar, Korvosa, and beyond.

As the group nears the building they find Karmid casually loitering outside of nearby Cracktooth's Tavern.

Karmid the Stealth option after fifteen minutes in the middle of the day you realized was not worth maintaining until the others arrived.

Karmid reports the following from his time spent thus far near the building. The building is silent and the curtains have been drawn over all of the windows. The furnace chimney still plumes smoke though so some work must be taking place.

It appears that you have three options: (1) enter through the front doors, (2) try to enter through the skylights on the roof, or (3) hold off and question the locals who live and work here to see if they saw anything lest night.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

At the garrison Rojava requisitions herself a shortbow and quiver of arrows. As much as she'd like to check evidence for some thieve's tools, she not going to take a chance on there actually being a mimic around looking like a box or chest. She will "pretty please" a watchman or two to see if they will look for her though.

Why not? Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

After hearing what Karmid has to say outside the Glassworks, Ro shrugs.

"It's the middle of a business day. They should be open. We might as well just go in the front door. It would look very silly to do anything else and have them ask why we didn't"


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia is already casually strolling to the front door, watching the smoke coming from the chimney.
Sandpoint was a small town, still, and at night, people were usually busy sleeping or in their own homes. Being nosy usually did not pay off as there was so little to see, and she did not expect any of them to have seen something worthwhile by chance.
While walking, she speaks, possibly to herself:"Why the curtains...?"


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Frustration at waiting for so long, leaks from Karmid's every pore.

"Wait Lia! OK. Let's try the front door I guess. If its locked or barred by something that we can't get past,
then we can try and go in through the skylights."

Karmid hands a handful of arrows to Windsight, pulled from his own quiver.
6 Arrows
"Make 'em count."

Karmid then pulls out his Earthbeaker and settles it into his grip with an audible 'smack' into his open left palm.

"Let's do this: Me, Xarmas, and Francesca up front. The rest of you stay back behind us by at least ten or fifteen feet."

Smiling finally, Karmid heft's Angela's weight as if measuring it for the first time.
"I'll knock."

If the door is unlocked, Karmid will open it. Otherwise...

Open Door Attempt: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Xarmas/Francesca...if you want to Aid Another here...I won't complain any.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

When Rojava sees Lia has already started across the street the front door, she double-times it over to catch up with her. She hopes the two of them can head off an assault on the place by acting like normal, sane people first.

"Wait Karmid, give us a minute!"


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Sure thing!
Aid Another: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Xarmas narrows her eyes, and they turn gold, taking on a bird-like quality.

"Sure thing Karmid. I sincerely hope we are overreacting here. But this Tsuto does seem like trouble. Maybe we're just being overprotective of our favorite bartender?"

She turns on her Animal Focus ability to gain +4 to Perception checks.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid grimaces and grumbles quietly to Xarmas, while the big hammer stays settled in his hands casually.

"Anything's possible."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"Perhaps we should first check the perimeter of the house?" Drasven points out as he starts heading left to see how wide this house is.

"If there are any other entry ways, then this should be done in order to ensure no other complications."


Shadow's Status

Glassworks

Ro:
The watchman shakes his head, "Sorry Ro. Item requisitions I can do but I can't give you anything that has been confiscated".

Karmid checks the front doors of the Glassworks and finds them locked. A slight push on the door shows it to be sturdier then he initially thought it would be. It will be noisy, to say the least t break them down. No doubt it will alert the locals who live nearby. You have not seen anyone walk by, at least not yet, but this can be a busy thoroughfare for those who have business with the "works" or Cracktooth's Tavern.

Do you wish to barge in or case the building as Drasven suggested?


Female Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Fey) of Desna - Level 2 - HP = 17/17 | AC = 13 | CMD = 14 | F +3 | R +3 | W +6 | Ini +9 | Per + 4 | Channels 4/9 Shadow's Status |

Glassworks

Talene grimaces, "If Ameiko is in there we need to get in right away!"


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid waves the cleric back.

"Hush Talene! We don't want to panic or give ourselves away to Tsuto if we can help it. We'll give Drasven a chance to
find another way in, but if nothing presents itself soon, I'll bust this door in myself. Just keep an eye out for locals and
keep them out of this."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Locked? Curtained? And the chimney is smoking. No good."
"Flutter, fly, ♬
and be our eye, ♪
in the sky! ♩"


"Only if you cut the drama!", Flutter answers as he raises up, opting to look into the building through the skylights and report his findings.


Shadow's Status

Glassworks

Flutter:
You fly over the first skylight, a room contains a shop.
Various glassware produced here is on display, bottles, windowpanes, and glasswork art are the primary contents. Nothing out of the ordinary.

The second skylight however is anything but normal. This room is a gruesome display of goblin boredom. The bodies of the eight murdered staff lie in various stages of dismemberment! Goblins, and several of them, burn the legs and arms of these victims in the furnace with glee. Others pour melted glass on the remains in a twisted attempt to duplicate the gruesome masterpiece in the middle of the room. The body of Lonjiku’s
body, propped up in a chair in the central alcove and encased in thick, runny sheets of hardened glass.

So nothing to see here... :-)


Female Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Fey) of Desna - Level 2 - HP = 17/17 | AC = 13 | CMD = 14 | F +3 | R +3 | W +6 | Ini +9 | Per + 4 | Channels 4/9 Shadow's Status |

Glassworks

Talene stomps to Karmid and glares at him whispering, "Hush me again Karmid, I dare you".

"I am telling you, Ameiko is in danger and we are wasting time, we have to get in there and damn what he locals think of a break in", she hisses.


Shadow's Status

Glassworks

Drasven:
As you take a spin around the building you see that all windows have the blinds pulled. The back door like the front door is locked.

Drasven - Perception Check DC 12:
You hear what sounds like highpitched giggles, shrieks, and breaking glass as well from the large room in the back of the building.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Overwhelmed by a feeling of urgency, Lia stumbles and almost falls to the ground, trembling and barely able to hold herself up on all fours.
After a moment, the feeling settles down.
"We need to ..*gasp*.. get in, fast... Death took... hold of the works. Someone... murdered the head, and now the tools... nibble at the fingers. I...we..."
At a loss for words, Lia struggles to stand, then heads, unsteady, straight to the closest(and most qualified as per Discussion) possibility to enter, forgetting about casing the joint, then trying(unsuccessfully) to force her way in.

I could have Flutter come back and share what he saw. I like this way better. Also, @DMD: O wow.


Female Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Fey) of Desna - Level 2 - HP = 17/17 | AC = 13 | CMD = 14 | F +3 | R +3 | W +6 | Ini +9 | Per + 4 | Channels 4/9 Shadow's Status |

Glassworks

Talene leads Lia away from the front door. "Karmid would you do the honors?"


Shadow's Status

Glassworks

Just as Talene leads Lia away from the door, Drasven comes around the other side of the building, his scouting complete.


Shadow's Status
Lia Tani wrote:
I could have Flutter come back and share what he saw. I like this way better. Also, @DMD: O wow.

Agreed, that was more impactful.

Lia:
Pathfinder gets Gobos and their nastiness right!

Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
"Nothing around here." Drasven reports only to see Lia's position on the ground and Karmid being edged on by Talene as she leads Lia away.

"I'm guessing the noisy way it is." as he unlimbers his own axe to aid Karmid in his endeavours.

Swing Once with reach 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d12 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava gets the picture: get inside right away. She prepares to throw an extra shoulder into the door if needed.

I'll roll a strength check to aid with the door in case it's needed.

STR: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Im sorry for the delay...I was in the hospital all day yesterday with my wife.

With a loud unintelligble noise, Karmid swings his hammer high and grows to an ogre's proportions...

Spending a swift action to Enlarge myself for this round. I'm not sure if my hammer helps here, but its large sized for this.

Open Door Check...with feeling.: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

And misses the mark completely, maybe taking a splinter out of the door.

OK wow. Can I try again?


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Oh! I hope your wife is doing alright!

Hopefully I'm not out of line in suggesting you just go ahead and make a roll for a second attempt. If it can't be used it can be ignored. We're probably going to be working on the door until it's open though so very likely it will get used.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Its all complicated female stuff that I won't go into, but she looks good now after her operation. Well as best she can under the circumstances That is. OK Rinse and Repeat!

Open Door...college Try!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Am I at least damaging the door? Anybody got a knock spell?


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyd watches the massive hammer bounce off the door. Sliding up behind Karmid after the second swing, he speaks. [b]Karmid, let me have Shelyn guide your hammer on this next swing. With any luck, she'll see you through![b] He says as his hand lightly touches the larger man's shoulder.

Touch of luck. Any time in the next round you roll a d20, you get to roll twice and take the better of them. Why not.


Damaging Objects/Armor Class:

Objects are easier to hit than creatures because they don't usually move, but many are tough enough to shrug off some damage from each blow. An object's Armor Class is equal to 10 + its size modifier (see Table: Size and Armor Class of Objects) + its Dexterity modifier. An inanimate object has not only a Dexterity of 0 (–5 penalty to AC), but also an additional –2 penalty to its AC. Furthermore, if you take a full-round action to line up a shot, you get an automatic hit with a melee weapon and a +5 bonus on attack rolls with a ranged weapon.

So you would get automatic hits, or need to hit AC 3(2 if the door is large). What you failed to roll is damage, not hits ;)


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Yikes. I hope everything STAYS okay!

Xarmas turns her back to the group, keeping an eye on both the rear of the group, and on the stumbling Lia. She growls, and then moves to help Lia stand.

"I got you. Wait here if you are dizzy...Karmid and I are going to be...aggressive for the next few minutes."


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Third times the charm? Rinse and Repeat!

Open Door #1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Re-Roll!
Open Door #2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Much better!

Xarmas, want to Aid another?


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Aid Another 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Phew barely made it.
The stocky dwarf takes a deep breath and lends his shoulder to the cause!


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

I'm a little confused on how exactly we're getting through the door, by destroying it wholesale or bashing it open. I doubt a rapier is going to hurt a door though. So, Ro will put her shoulder into it again and aid something something to somehow open it.

STR: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Meanwhile, Back At The Ranch ...:
Sorry for the quasi-disappearance; getting posts ready for my game, I kind of dropped the ball in these two.

Ideally, if there's a masterwork composite longbow of up to +2 STR, Windsight will use that while on-duty (which, it would appear, would include this invasion-of-business); otherwise, as close to that as there is, 'down to' a standard longbow.

Rolls:
Would the Glassworks be a good place for staging goblin attacks into the south side of town?
KS: Local (i.e. INT): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Get up onto the roof, and quietly!!
Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
=======================================================================

In the sheriff's armory, Windsight took the opportunity to replenish his arrow supply, carefully making sure to take those with fletching considerably different than his own. What made him pause - and was cause for some considerable low-voiced discussion between Rojava and he - was a smooth, elegant bow almost as tall as he was. At one point, she picks the bow up and holds it out to him; the Shoanti, looking almost embarrassed, puts his hands behind his back, though it's clear his eyes are feasting on the bow's beautiful (at least to him) lines.

Eventually, though, she says something to him that makes him takes his hands out from behind his back, and actually wrap his fingers around the bow's grip. A slight smile curls his lips, and both that evening and early the next morning (far earlier than normal) see him practicing with the bow. He seems to be somewhat better with it than with his shortbow, though he does practice with that as well.

The morning after, with Bethana's letter delivery, Windsight turns and looks towards the Glassworks. Tsuto? When ... I don't think I've ever met him. And why would he meet at the Glassworks instead of at their house?? This ... is not straightforward. Something is wrong. The Glassworks is right above the beach, though ... Though he approaches, his body works slowly while his mind wrestles with the issue at hand. He doesn't get there until Karmid, Xarmas, and Drasven are battering at the Glassworks' front door.

Glancing quickly along the building, the Shoanti contemplative moves to scale the building's side and onto the roof. Even he knows of the Glassworks skylights; only a glassworks would have such a fabulous thing. (Okay, or a mage tower.) Maybe if he can get up there quietly, he can see what's thrown Lia into such a tizzy, and get in as well - and if he can get in, he can let the others in.


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas sets Lia down gently, and moves help Karmid. She leans on the edge of the door, holding it extra taut so Karmid's blows may do more damage.

'Not that the door swinging open will be what gives us away, what with that hammer swinging away!'

Aid Another: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Shadow's Status

Glassworks

Karmid, Drasven, and Xarmas eventually after a few, very loud, minutes are able to smash and bash the door down.

The room that is opened before you is a reception area. Nothing seems amiss in this room that houses a desk and three chairs which appear cozy enough.

Two doors lead to the west and one door leads to the north. You hear nothing coming from inside the building.

Windsight and Flutter:
Windsight, go ahead and open the Spoiler for Flutter above once you scale to the roof.

As you stare down into the building you see that the racket they make is exceeded by the racket that is the opening of the door by the GodTouched. The Goblins prepare for a fight!

Windsight, yes, why yes, this would be an excellent place to stage the attack on the town without anyone being the wiser...

The Mastwrwork Composite Longbow +2 is approved.

Windsight if you wish to you can break open the skylight and fire down at the Goblins but you would be sole source for them to focus on if you do so.

Behold, my second Map in the link above! Windsight, you are on the roof and can shift the black matte to ses what is below but you need to lay that image back down again once you are done viewing it...


Female Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Fey) of Desna - Level 2 - HP = 17/17 | AC = 13 | CMD = 14 | F +3 | R +3 | W +6 | Ini +9 | Per + 4 | Channels 4/9 Shadow's Status |

Glassworks

"Ameiko, Ameiko honey can you hear me?!"

There is no response...


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid will move cautiously into the interior, hammer poised to swing.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Can't see the map. Says I need permission.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava nocks an arrow in her bow and waits behind Karmid.

"Lia, can you tell us how to get to what you saw?"


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

On The Rooftop:

Windsight's dark skin goes pale as he sees the malevolent chaos the goblins have perpetrated - murder, mayhem, cruelty ... "My blood boils," he says softly, gone as still as the glass-encased old man below - old, bitter, sour, but not deserving of the torture he clearly endured before his death. "My blood boils," he says a second time with exquisite precision, "but words are not enough. Flutter, tell your mistress to hurry - or there will be none left for her." And standing, he nocks and draws one of Karmid's arrows, pulled back to his ear, then balances on one foot on the sloped roof - and smashes the skylight's glass with the other.

Two possibilities - that it's 'smash with damage', needing a full-round (or AC 3) strike; or else it's a 'of course you break the bloody glass, you moron.'

#1: go with the standard strike, then get out of sight (if you can do that...)
Unarmed (foot) Strike: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Unarmed damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

#2: auto-break-glass
Targeting priority: first, with a cross/bow in their hands; second, reaching for a bow; third, holding spears/daggers/throwing weapons; fourth, being a goblin.
Attack = 2 + 2 (Dex) + 1 (Weapon Focus) + 1 (masterwork) = +6

Shot #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Mwk cmp (+2) longbow #1: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Shot #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Mwk cmp (+2) longbow #2: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven covers Karmid with his crossbow, having slung back his axe. Having a good shot here might save them some pain later though of course if need be, he could always break out the axe once more.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Turning his head slightly to be clear, but keeping an eye on his surroundings, Karmid whispers heavily to those
in the back with ranged attacks.

"If you need a clear shot at something, say 'Move' or 'Drop.' Am I clear? I don't want my rear end to look like a
pincushion because I might block your shots!"


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"I...maybe. Ameiko may die, but she won't. We can't turn back before we find her. Ever forward through her Fathers crypt.", Lia stammers as she finds the strenght to stand alone, again.
"No time for subtelty. They know we are coming. They ready for battle.", she warns the others as she takes cover next to the door, opting not to present a target until she is ready to act herself.


On the rooftops:
"I can assure you, Lia won't mind if there are no Goblins left she needs to end the lifes of. Fire at will!", Flutter states before moving to the side of the Glassworks:"Take care", he adds before diving down, back towards his Mistress.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava had hoped for a more meat-and-potatoes kind of answer from Lia. Something more in line with "Take that door and then go...". But maybe that isn't the kind of thing Lia sees. Instead of rewording the question, she considers what they know as the little group prepares for a fight.

If Flutter is using a skylight to see what he's seeing, It must be on the back side of the building somewhere. The north door would probably take us to something that incorporates this side's exterior wall into it's construction. That won't take us deeper into the building, or across to the other side. So we want one of the west doors since the rear of the building is oceanside.

"We want to go through one of the doors across from where we came in, west. They're more likely to take us to the back of the building where the skylight is!"

Left or Right? 1d2 ⇒ 1

Rojava tries the handle of the door on the left. If it will open, she cracks it and takes a peek.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

I can't give a better answer since I still was not approved for the map access. As such, I have no idea where we may need to go, where the skylights are, or where "the rear" is. Just saying ;)


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas drops into a crouch, and waits, watching.

I'm here, just don't really have anything to contribute until the beating starts!


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Yeah, I think nobody has permission yet. I figured I'd just roll with what you said and make an educated guess. What we know plus the exterior of the building on the Sandpoint map (I know which side we're on and the skylights are shown) suggests what Ro said. I could be wrong since I don't know exactly where the door we broke down is at, but assuming standard design I'd place us on the northern half of the street side of the building. Most of the skylights are on the opposite side, so we want to go across to that side (west). West side doors seem a better bet than the north side door. For what a guess is worth :)


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"Then we keep opening doors until we get there. You seem pretty admadant that we hurry." Drasven points out.


Shadow's Status

Glassworks

As Ro tries the handle for the first door on her left she sees that the room is a small office. Before she can explore the room she hears the sound of glass shattering outside and Flutter flits down to the midst of the group.


Glassworks

"Goblins! Windsight has shattered the skylight and is firing at them, hurry up and get in there!"

You have two more doors to explore and a working map now, I hope!


Shadow's Status

Glassworks - The Roof

Windsight:
You use your foot to break the glass. Standard Action.

And take a 5' step backwards out of sight.

[ooc]If you fail the Perception check below all you can hear is the roar of the boiler utilized to melt glass on full blast.

Perception DC 18 Windsight ONLY:
"Hey who threw whatsit break glass?"

"I no throw..." "No me no throw either!"

"Shhhhhhhh! Someone come, me hear door break, big pounding. Big Longshanks I bet!"

"I hopes they have dogs! I hungry!" "I eat Longshanks, tasty!"

901 to 950 of 3,743 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.