DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


251 to 300 of 3,728 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Female LG half-orc paladin 1 | HP: 6/11 | AC: 19 (T: 11, F: 18) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Orc Ferocity: 0/1 | Blinding Flash 5/5 | Hero Points 1 | Active conditions: None.

"I'll stay and guard the prisoner until help arrives. Go softly Windsight, and do not be hasty. Bring back whoever you may find." Karina stands over the bound goblin, dividing her attention between Mibop and the newcomer.

"Hail dwarf, you arrive at an unpleasant time. Hopefully you will still be able to view the festivities. It would be a shame to let these little biters stop the consecration."


Shadow's Status

Marcelano pipes up for the first time in some time he seems emotionally torn about something, "Why don't you all go, I doubt we will get any more out of this creature? I will stand guard here on the Goblin until the Sheriff or Father Zantus show up and then join you".


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +5 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"But...we need all of us...or do we? If you stay...then Mister Dwarf has to come along instead."

Lia approaches the Dwarf casually, inspecting him from several angles:"Flutter says you have a birthmark, don't you? Like the one I'm not supposed to show to people when wearing a dress but different. Like, a gods marking but a different God. You need to meet Father Zantus, and he will come to find us as soon as he is done with what he's doing. So you best tag along!"

Having said her bit, she happily follows Windsight towards the cemetary, before suddenly turning around and running to Marcellano, whispering in his ear:

Marcellano/GM:
"Farewell. Take care-"
, standing on her toes to give him a quick peck on the cheek, before turning around and hopping towards the cemetary, humming the tune the Goblins were singing before.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

An interesting welcome to the town where my dreams led me....Goblins and now a group of younglings. Seems like they did most of the fighting.

Stepping up towards the group he sees a half orc no less! She steps uup to greet him and doesn't seem hostile.
Well now he couldn't very well be shown wanting now couldn't he?

"Greeting and well met! It seems that we live in interesting times! I am Drasven Hammers, a priest of Abadar. I see you have a goblin down there. What do you think you are doing holding one such as that here? For sport or mercy?" He smiles hoping to soften the tone and manner his words might have being delivered.

Looking around and then Shrugging.
"I don't suppose any of you need healing? It could be the least I could do since I still have blessings from my Lord of Golden keys." he grins abit, chuckling at an inside joke......


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

At first Ro found talking to Mibop interesting, but she's beginning to see that the conversation has run its course. Now she's getting bored. Marcelano's suggestion that he take over watching the goblin comes as a relief.

"Well... if you're sure that's what you want to do Marcelano..." she says as she quickly stands up. "That's just fine with me. I'm going to go with the others to the cemetery. I'm sure someone will be along for him really soon. Bye Mibop, nice to talk to you. Don't do anything like trying to escape. It won't go well for you."

As Rojava passes the dwarven newcomer she gives him a smile and shrugs. "Sure, like Lia said come on along with us. Not much to do standing around here."


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim nods, "It would be best if we all go."


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint Boneyard

Is anyone not coming along?

It is a brief 5 minute walk to reach the Boneyard. You navigate around instead of through the Cathedral in case one still there would attempt to flee.

Perception:
Gwyddym Soarsong 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Karina of the Flame 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Lia Tani 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Drasven Hammers 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Matrim of Shadows 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Rojava Brishen 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Windsight1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

The Boneyard is silent. No signs of combat have taken place here and Naffer Vosk is no where to be seen.

Matrim and Ro though do notice that the vault dedicated to the former Father Toben has its entrance slightly ajar...


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

When she sees the door to Father Toben tomb, Rojava asks "Do you think Naffer ever goes into Father Toben's tomb to clean or make repairs? It looks like someone's been in there and didn't close the door. I don't see anything out here so maybe we should go look?"


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"Aye I agree. Nothing further to do then, might as well follow along and make with what happens next." this dwarf is agreeable to that suggestion as he follows along the group.

Upon the subject of the tomb door being open, he makes sure not to be in the front having not noticed it himself.
"Perhaps a callout might be in order. There be some who have taken this place shelter despite the circumstances."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +5 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Or someone could count footprints, to see if as many went in as came out. Maybe someone is still in there? Or maybe someone left from within who did not enter? That would be a bit scary. Poor Father Toben..."
While probably not practical to count them, maybe we could learn something from footprints before we muddy them by entering ourselves. Anybody that can do this kind of thing/track?


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"You speak sense. Now if it's all about counting......"
Survival, whips out abacus jk 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Drasven peers through those glasses and proceeds to see if he can find any tracks and count them


Shadow's Status

Unfortunately, with the dry weather whatever came here left no tracks as the ground yields nothing to Drasven. Drasven, you would assume that it was not Goblins though, if Goblins were here, they would have disturbed the local plants and shrubbery just for the sake of doing so.

Do you call out? Approach the entrance?


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim will head forward, looking for traps like a good rouge.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Unlike a good rogue, he doesn't have a good search... and no rangs in it.


Female LG half-orc paladin 1 | HP: 6/11 | AC: 19 (T: 11, F: 18) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Orc Ferocity: 0/1 | Blinding Flash 5/5 | Hero Points 1 | Active conditions: None.

"It doesn't look like goblins were here. Nothing's on fire. We should approach with caution." Karina holds both shield and scimitar at the ready as they advance. She keeps and eye out for anything amiss.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"No Sign of any Goblin tracks, actions or activities." Drasven announces.
Letting the Half Orc proceed first, he motions for the rest to take up position while he steps back and raises his Light Crossbow. lol


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +5 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"No goblins, hu? I guess it's empty then. But if I just go in, Hudok would shout at me. So I'll let Karina go first."
Also, almost out of juice, so letting you guys go ahead there...
Lia sits down near the vault entrance, and stares at Drasven, not seeming to blink.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

As the others begin to make plans, a look of realization comes over Rojava's face and she goes pale.

Oh, you're going to go inside..? She lets out a long exhale. Working to keep her voice even, Ro says I think there's plenty of you going in. It's a small space. I'll keep an eye on things out here while you do that. Make sure nothing slips by.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +5 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Or make sure nothing slips out. I don't think something in there is alive. Which is not to say there is nothing in there. Only nothing that my magic would work on."
Picking one of the flowers near the crypt, Lia leans back and starts pulling out petals, silently mumbling to herself:"Loves me, loves me not, loves me, loves me not..."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"Sure, or slips out."Ro echos.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven observes this group and chuckles internally as he takes note of each of them.
Interesting bunch, may make middling business partners but it's still too early to tell. However that creature Not sure what Lia is. keeps looking at me. Perhaps to keep an eye on me since It doesn't trust me?


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +5 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia is a human. Most everybody is. Original recruitment emphasised that humans are dominant, and at most one spot in the party would be slotted to a non-human, so almost everybody complied. Since you've not been around since the start: Lia is staring at you because you have not responded to her inquiry about your birthmark. She's wondering if you are not aware, or trying to hide it. Also, she is accompanied by a talking Butterfly looking quite like a vividly colored holy symbol of Desna come alive...if you find some time, you may want to look into people's profiles to gain an idea about them, the requirements there were also quite high and people produced some very good submissions. Of course you'll find out in-game, too, and no previous knowledge should be assumed since you're a new-comer. But yeah, to reiterate: Lia's a dreamy-eyed young human female wearing a white dress. No weaponry, currently no socks, shoes(she forgot) or other accessories, either. Blueish hair via Prestidigitation(taking some time every hour to keep it that way, for reasons she has not given to anybody), with the profile pic(minus the jewellery) being a close fit.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

I would second the idea of reading through the characters' backstories, depending on how you want to play it of course. They are more significant than usual in this campaign I think. Also everyone is incorporating their character's history more actively into their behavior than is typical. For example, Rojava doesn't want to enter the tomb because it's Father Tobyn's, who died in the chapel fire. She was there when it happened and it brings up some pretty bad memories. If you haven't yet, it would also be good to read through the gameplay thread not only because it would catch you up on events, but also because it's good for revealing personalities. Again, that depends on how you want to play it. Discovering as you go certainly will work.


Shadow's Status

The Desecrated Vault

Karina approaches the vault and it is as quiet as a, well as you would expect a tomb would be.

As the tomb was built to allow visitors to enter and place flowers for Father Tobyn and pray for guidance, the door to the tomb slides easily enough on tracks. Drasven recognize fine dwarven craftsmanship created this system.

The tomb is dark no light source is within. That is the first sign that something is amiss, you have all been here, at least once, before and there used to be everburning torches on the three interior walls of the crypt.

The clatter of bones reveal a deadly trap as four goblin skeletons lurch out to attack!

Initiative:
Gwyddym Soarsong 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Karina of the Flame 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Lia Tani 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Drasven Hammers 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Matrim of Shadows 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Rojava Brishen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Windsight 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Four Goblin Skeletons 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Round 1 Initiative
Matrim, Karina, Rojava, Lia
The Four Skeletons
Gwydd, Drasven, Windsight


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

As the others open the tomb door and move to start inside, Rojava paces slowly back and forth a few feet away. She hears the echoey sound of bones rattling an instant later. Ro stops in her tracks, closes her eyes, and thinks f#ck. The first song that comes to mind is a Desnan hymn that Father Tobyn taught her soon after she arrived at the Chapel. She begins to sing it as she draws her rapier and turns around.

Begin Inspire Courage


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +5 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Curious about the clattering, Lia crawls over near the entrance, peaking in:"See, I told you. Empty or something that my magic will be powerless against. But...I believe in you, Karina, you can do it!", Lia pats Karina's leg, before sitting down and focusing on her flower(no longer Drasven).

Move action to crawl, Standard to activate Bit of Luck on Karina, roll d20 twice, use better for round

Also, Drasven offered healing, I would suppose Karina may have taken him up on that, being heavily wounded, still? Just pointing that out before things turn dangerous inside.


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim draws his daggers and gets ready to attack if something threatening comes at them.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven suggests while carefully stowing his crossbow and drawing his slightly more practical weapon. In goes the crossbow, in hand comes the Axe.
"We might want to hold them at the door. This makes it easier on us to gang up on them."

Am Reading through the gameplay thread and all your stories. For a moment there I thought Lia was a familar or something. I must have missed the inquiry based on my phone screen size. lol.
However I'm still trying to get a fel for my character to better mesh with the story but what I can say is that Drasven is at times 'not all there' so as to speak.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven sees that this group is more than prepared to handle the incoming threat.
"I cannot help but notice that you folk have seem to be fighting alongside each other easily. Also ............" Glancing at Lia as she stares/glares at him.

Sparing a moment to show her the palm of right his hand showing a birthmark shaped like a key in the center of it.
"I have had this for as long as I remember, to the consternation of my clan elders. My interest it seems addded to a number of hair being torn out in fustration." retaking his grip upon his weapon, he grins.

"I;m sure we can have a mug to drink and swap tales but for now perhaps these foes? I promise to answer as much as I can if you would trade me one from each of you for one of mine." his eyes twinkle from behind his glasses.


Female LG half-orc paladin 1 | HP: 6/11 | AC: 19 (T: 11, F: 18) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Orc Ferocity: 0/1 | Blinding Flash 5/5 | Hero Points 1 | Active conditions: None.

Sorry guys, have had a really rough week with a stomach bug going round the house. Been dealing with multiple toddlers with issues.

Karina steps up and shoulders her shield into the closest undead.

Heavy Shield Bash attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Heavy Shield Bash damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +5 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

I think there'll soon be no flowers left to play with.

(Slightly earlier)
Idling away, Lia listens to Drasven, then seems to think very hard on something, before asking with a serious face:"What led to hair being torn out in frustration? Your interest? Or your interest rates?"


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven chuckles at Lia's question.
"I'll have to say both. The elders were not pleased to discover i had quite a knack at their numbers......."


Shadow's Status

Round 1

Karina's shield smashes one of the skeletons back into inanimate bones.

The remaining skeletons rush out of the crypt at you.

DMD ONLY:
Skeleton Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14. Claws 1d4 ⇒ 4. Skeleton 2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5. Claws 1d4 ⇒ 1. Skeleton 3 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11. Claws 1d4 ⇒ 2.

The first Skeleton strikes at Drasven striking him and raking his hand. Drasven receives 4 damage,.

The second skeleton misses Karina stumbling over the bones of its companion that she just laid to rest.

The final undead rushes clumsily at Matrim and is easily deflected by his daggerwork.

PC's GO!

Matrim on delay
Gwydd, Drasven, Windsight


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Since it's been a while, here's a quick reminder that you are benefitting from inspire courage +1


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +5 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

With the Skeleton having rushed past her passive position, Lia would stand up and step into a flanking position with someone, trying to pick out an interesting-looking bone from the Skeleton, but not quite getting a good grasp on it.(but still distracting the Skeleton sufficiently to give someone(don't specifically care who...so first taker wins) a flanking Bonus)
[dice=Unarmed "strike"]1d20+2-1[/dice] Potential Damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gritting his teeth at the abominations shuffling out of the tomb in front of him.

Someone would raise the bones of the interred to wage war for them? I cannot stomach the discordant sounds this causes through the world. Shelyn accept my apologies for using music in this manner!

His fingers snap and words mutter, winds coalesce in his hands, forming a lute. With a nod and a grimace, he turns it in his hands, sorry to turn his instrument into a hackneyed weapon of opportunity.

Casting Summon Instrument to bring a lute in. My intent is to use it as an improvised Light Mace. He'll take a ton of penalties, but it's the only way he can see to cope with the horror of walking dead.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

I'm using a reach Weapon do I get an AOO?
Knowledge(religion), to identify them once they are seen. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
If yes then 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d12 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
if no then I have taken 4 damage and will be reflected in my stats above.
Actuall attack after a 5 foot step 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d12 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Edit: I have an excellent 1st combat intro.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +5 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Know whats really funny? Rojava posted the remainder right above my own post...but since I had not really intended to properly attack, I completely disregarded the bonus provided. So, the attack is at 12 + 1 = 13 and the damage at 2 + 1 = 3. I doubt it makes much difference, but yeah, if someone gives a cheerful remainder, I owe it to them to add it into my roll. *smiles at Roja*


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava alway aims to please! Uh, more or less! Very clever with the lute Gwyd!


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Sorry, Didn't know it was my turn again.

Now that one of his teammates have attack, Matrim will attack at the bone dude.

attack:

dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Shadow's Status

Matrim's daggers bring down the Skeleto threatening him while Drasven and Lia finish off the last one together.

The entrance to the Mausoleum stands open to the once again victorious young Godsworn...


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava stands rapier in hand gaping at the scene in front of her. She stops singing abruptly.

"What.... was that?"


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +5 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

With Drasven's attack, Lia pulls free the bone she found interesting.
"That was at least 3 more skeletons than should have been in there. Plus I don't think the Father was nude when they laid him to rest. So probably, 4 more naked skeletons than should have been there. It would stand to reason if they left those here, they instead took his remains. That would mean 1 fewer clothed skeletons in there than should be. Shall we look if my math is correct?", Lia points at the entrance with the little bone between her fingers.


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim looks at the piles of bones. "Someone's closet." he says.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro's jangley nerves cause her to giggle at Matrim's comment. "I'm sorry." She says.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

The small spark of humor is just enough for Rojava to buck up and decide to act.

"Alright, better to just get this over with."

She steps inside the tomb to take a look around.


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim holds the torch


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven cleans his own weapon before walking forward as well, repressing a chuckle at the thinly veiled joke.
"Hold on lassie and allow me to walk with you. Just as a precaution, you understand. Who knows if there are any other unpleasant surprises still within."


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

The threat abated for the moment, Gwyd turns the lute around and begins to strum lightly until it fades from existence after a minute.

Who would have been so brazen as to sully the Father's resting place like this? You guys look around in there, I'll keep an eye out for anyone else out here.

Putting his back to the crew exploring the tomb, he looks around the vicinity for anyone that may have been watching to see if the trap worked.

Dice Rolls:
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Shadow's Status

The Sarcophagus

As Ro, Matrim, and Drasven step into the Sarcophagus, you see a discarded black robe in the corner.

Even more disturbing, you see that the crypt which held the body of Father Tobe has been opened. His remains are missing.

What do you do?


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava's eyes dart around the inside of the crypt, searching for danger in the flickering torchlight. She picks up nothing threatening, but almost instantly notices the sarcophagus is open. The lid has been pushed aside and lies propped against the side of the box. The crypt's interior in small, and it only takes her a couple of steps to get close enough to peek inside.

Ro gasps, and then calls out loudly enough for everyone, including those outside, to hear It's empty! Father Tobyn isn't in the sarcophagus! He's gone! Those skeletons were all goblin right?

251 to 300 of 3,728 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.