DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


651 to 700 of 3,743 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Nice roll!

Seeing Karmid behind her, Xarmas moves into more of a sprint. She is very fast.

Her movement speed is 40, but she won't leave Karmid alone. She'll stay just at the edge of his view, in case the boar is already there.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Clearly she's the only one facing the right way - the boar must be behind us!!

Windsight had been quiet - introspective, rather, instead of the more usual 'watchful intent' quiet he usually possesses - and though he rode about as poorly as anyone not trained to it, his native agility kept him in the saddle for the leisurely ride, even with the not-particularly-welcome boar-spear. As he rode, he'd found the situation to be a peculiarly useful tool for contemplation - riding a beast he didn't want, carrying a weapon he didn't know how to use, present in a situation he wasn't comfortable with, and yet all of them things he needed to figure out how to handle. It keeps him quiet at the back of the group during the ride, listening absently to the banter between Karmid and Xarmas, and occasionally considers his 'kinfolk' that is so very desperate to be as Shoanti as any on the Storval. Not he admits to himself, that I haven't known Shoanti as brash as he; sometimes we seem to come in only two types, the loud and the quiet. The thoughts keep him busy all the way to the area selected by the nobleman, and through the stroll in the woods until the 'picnic ground' is discovered and claimed.

With Karmid and Xarmas willing - wanting, even - to go a-questing for a boar or two to drive in their direction, Windsight can quietly not go. He isn't really much of a hunter, despite some basic knowledge of it and his growing skill with the bow; hunting, for him, is an opportunity to practice with the bow, instead of an exercise to get food. If he gets food, that's a bonus. If asked, though, he'd prefer hunting with the bow - but if push came to shove, well, Karmid's comment about boar-spears being used only by people afraid to get mud and blood on them simply meant (to him) that Karmid wasn't using his weapons properly - or, actually, that he was using a weapon, period.

In a close combat situation, Windsight was more comfortable with his hands, feet, knees, and elbows anyhow.

Since trees are rougher on arrows than straw bales (and the archer's style of meditation wouldn't really be welcome at the moment anyhow), he decides that climbing a tree will give him a better vantage - not really on spotting a hip-height boar or sow, but a bit of distance from his year-long compatriots and the kin and almost-kin that have so recently returned. His goal is to take out what's been bothering him and get a solid look at it. The mountain crags were good for that sort of thing; lacking such barren heights, a Tickwood tree would have to do. The reluctantly-accepted boar spear is set against the trunk of the picnic-tree, and the bow-equipped young man slips up into its branches for a bit of privacy.

So what's been bothering him? Three things. First and foremost, Gwyddym's pacifism and its implications. While Windsight had no doubt that the Sandpoint near-native would do his level best to defend himself - and the bard certainly had the means to do so - his general thoughts about killing sat restlessly in the back of Windsight's mind. He'd seen Rojava's discomfort at the pre-emptive executions of the three goblins; it had lasted through the evening. And between the two of them it's raising questions in the back of the Shoanti's head that he hasn't ever really had a reason to think about.

Second, however, is Lia's desperate ruthlessness. Stunning the goblins she'd done well, even easily; killing them, however, had clearly been an emotional trial for the sixteen-year-old - the decision as much as the act itself. Lia has, in Windsight's mind, always been an almost-eternally innocent of sorts. Her unique way of looking at the world has always had an iridescent brilliance untarnished by the bleaker, blacker side of life: death. One cannot live in the world without being aware, subtly or not, of death, but such a deliberate decision from Lia ... troubled Windsight.

Third, and most important if least personal, the problem with the theft of Father Tobyn's bones. If they could figure out 'why him', they might figure out 'who'. Or if they could figure out 'who', they might be able to figure out 'why' ... but he just didn't have enough knowledge of Sandpoint, and all the rest of the Godtouched simply had been too young at the time to grasp the social complexities present at the time of Tobyn's death.

Lia's pure singing draws his attention away from the trio of morasses he finds himself contemplating, and the young man smiles the twenty feet towards the maiden he can see through the branches.

At least that well is one not to be poisoned by only one drop of bile.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

GM:
Ah, sorry about the horsie--I kind of forgot, in terms of "we won't leave them alone somewhere or they could be in more trouble", and we made "camp" here, basically. Plus someone had to carry all the food for the picnic ;) Honest mistake, apologies-

"Sure, I would love going to Magnimar someday. Actually, I will go there. I'm pretty certain.", Lia answers, putting on the flower crown she has woven and standing up, "Singing more has to wait. Something's coming.", Lia points towards some bushes.

GM:
Spoilering my action in CASE whatever is there fails the save and you want to play it up for dramatics. If "not surprised" means I get to act in the surprise round, then my action is to ready an action. If whatever is in the bushes moves as close as 15 feet towards one of us, I'll hit it with a Shadow Trap. DC 14 or entangled and can only move 5 feet from where it is.(meaning if it fails the save it can only get to within 10 feet of someone)


Shadow's Status

Lia:
No worries, a harmless mistake, sometimes I make em as a player in PbP too! :-). Great spoilered post, will resolve it now! Thanks for assisting Ro with her rebuild BTW!


Shadow's Status

The Lakeside Picnic

DMD ONLY:
Shadow Trap Reflex save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The idyllic day is rudely interrupted by two Boar! The same Boar that Xarmas and Karmid went to hunt down though the two hunters are nowhere in sight!

The first charges at Lia's position but its progress halts as if held by some invisible force tethering it to the ground.

The second charges at Aldern.

DMD ONLY:
Gore 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21. Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7.

The Boar's tusk gores the man as the creature charges by, he places a hand over his gash, "Lia, get to safety, I shall hold its attention here". The nobleman draws a dagger and hisses at the Boar trying to keep its attention occupied on him.

Initiative Round 1

Init.:
Gwyddym Soarsong 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Drasven Hammers 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Lia Tani 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Francesca Brishen 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Karmid Groundbreaker 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Rojava Brishen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Windsight 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Xarmas Misinirith 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Aldern1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Boar 1 & 2 1d20 ⇒ 19

Order

Francesca,
Boar 1 & 2,
Everyone else.

Francesca GO!


Shadow's Status

In the Tickwood

The two hunters rush back towards the lake their breathing perfect, legs pumping with the vitality of stags as they race through the underbrush.

Karmid and Xarmas:
Great rolls! You will both enter the fray in Roud 2!


Female NG Human Fighter (Armor Master) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 22 (T: 13, F: 18) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20'

Fran, distracted at first by her book, but reacting as quickly as she could the moment Lia's warning came out. She reacts swiftly, dropping her book, right hand grabbing the hilt of her sword she had planted in the ground, and while un-holstering the shield from her back, she makes a charge at the boar that was attacking aldern. Last thing we want is the noble that organized this to not come back home. This'd look bad for all of us.

Running in for the bull rush, to knock the boar away from Aldern, and draw it's attention!

Bull Rush: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Well shucks. No improved, so technicly the boar gets an AoO I believe?

"Get the spears!!!"


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Pseudo-Pre-Emptive Question/Comment:
Just as a note, I'm going to need to know whether or not I can see the wild pigs (Not that it matters, but both actually boars, or one boar, one sow?) from my perch 12' up in the tree well enough to attack, and/or how much concealment they'll have.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasvens sighs and put a hand up twards the shaft of his axe, feeling its well worn leather coverings oddly comforting in his hand, he wuld have like to use his crossbw but loking at the way things are going, he doubted that he would have a chance to fire off a bolt.
He also notices the injury.

His eyes narrow.


Shadow's Status

Windsight:
They are in the clearing coming after Aldern and Lia. We will assume the tree you climbed has line of sight on the clearing so you are good to fire!


Shadow's Status

The Lakeside Picnic

Fran attempts to bull rush the wild boar away from Alern but the slick grass causes her to stumble right into the mighty tusks of the boar!

DMD ONLY:
AOO vs. Fran - Gore 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 MISS!. Gore Attack vs. Fran 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11. Reflex Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The boar's tusks are unable to penetrate Fran's formidable armor. It circles around all but ignoring Aldern and attempting to again gore Fran and once again being denied by her armor.

The boar companion tries to pull itself from the spot upon which it has become lodged to no avail.

Spellcraft check DC 16 - Everyone but Lia:
It seems that Lia has trapped the creature by tethering it to its own shadow!

Round 1 - Gwydd, Ro, Wind, Drasven, Lia GO!


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwydd leaps to his feet from his spot on the ground as the boar and Fran clash. His mouth moves quicker than his brain and the strains of a song bursts forth, sending waves of courage washing over his team.

Lia strapped it to the ground by its shadow! Clever.... He thinks to himself as the melody pours forth.

BP Inspire Courage started. BP: 8/9 Remaining

Dice Rolls:

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Rojava leans against a tree listening to Lia singing, her eyes closed and about half asleep. She doesn't really pay attention to what Lia says afterward, but all the noise that erupts immediately afterward jolts her to attention.

She sees two boar, one of them struggling to move as if its shadow were a leash, the other slashing open Foxglove's thigh. Guessing the source of the first boar's problems, she thinks Well done Lia! as she grabs for the spear resting against the tree beside her.

By the time Rojava has her spear in hand, Aldern is trying to draw the attention of the boar that has wounded him, while urging Lia to get away. He's no coward for sure. Maybe we misjudged him.

Before Ro has taken three steps, Francesca has charged like a....well, boar at the still mobile and dangerous one. She misses as she stumbles, and she and the boar become locked in almost a scrum as it turns on her instead of continuing after Foxglove.

As Rojava closes the distance between herself and the boar she says silently Right now Mother Moon!, and when she's within her spear's range she stops to jab at it before it can make another go at Fran.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 = 24

Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 2 = 10

Crit Confirmed?: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9

Crit Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 2 = 10

I'm assuming my higher initiative will keep me out of the Inspire Courage party until next round.. Luck activated as a swift action.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Dwarven Longaxe 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d12 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
His own axe clears its sling on his back with a silent rasp as haft meets firm grip as blade rises in the air as short but sturdy legs propel it towards the menacing boar. The blade comes down with a heavy chop and the clearing is introduced to the color red.

"Get clear." the aged dwarf commands.

"We'll handle this swiftly."


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Decisions, Decisions:

------------------------------------------------
Slight character revision is up.

Which to Shoot: 1d20 ⇒ 9 1-12, the one on Lia (semi-instinct), 13-20, the one on Francesca (the currently-more-dangerous). Looks like it's the one on Lia.

Like Rojava, presuming higher initiative will prevent me getting the inspiration bonus for this first round. Since part of the reason to be up there was to shoot boar should they appear, I figure he doesn't need to get his bow out, as it already is. They would also seem to be within 30' (if angular), so Point-Blank Shot applies. Trading the +1 attack bonus from there for Deadly Aim's -1/+2 damage bonus; total is +4 attack, +3 damage.

Flurry:
Hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

I am ... not sure if either of those hit; going off the PRD page where its AC is 14, I guess I did. Yay for slightly-above-average damage! ;)
------------------------------------------------

The first time Windsight had encountered wild boar was on the Storval proper; the heavyset pigs didn't come far into his clan's mountainous lands, though they were one of the few natural (if they can be said to be natural) critters mean enough to survive, and even thrive, on the Plateau itself. He'd gotten a very good object lesson on why not to piss such critters off; his ill-aimed arrows had only wounded the critter, and its charge had taken him off-guard.

Fortunately, there'd been another Shoanti there to save his sorry 17-year-old self, and she'd slain the beast with a screaming, spinning backhand using a blade nearly as tall as herself; the scar he'd picked up that day was near enough to almost (almost) be invisible on his right arm's wind-swirl tattoo. He doesn't call attention to it, and the story is more one of an object lesson on what NOT to do, but it's one of the reasons Windsight doesn't hunt boar - they are, quite simply, dangerous customers to entertain.

So when the telltale angry squeals sound and the two charge out and at the group, the Shoanti archer doesn't quite panic - but his reactions are not as thought-out as they might normally be. It's going to kill her!! he thinks, seeing the one bucking near Lia. As fast as he can, his right hand dips down to the thigh-quiver to swiftly slip two arrows out by their nocks, bringing them individually to the tiny iron bead marking the point to draw-aim-release each one as swiftly as he can manage it, the shots slanting down out of the tree towards the one snorting and threatening the petite daydreamer. One after the other, the arrows sink into the thing's side with meaty thunks, but as Windsight well knows, boars are far more tough than goblin dogs!!


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas continues to run through the brush, as fast as she can.

"We're almost back, and I hear a commotion!"

She leaps over a log, and continues to hustle forward.

That was "Round One". Good luck guys, Karmid and I will be there soon!


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Dndndndndnddndnadnaaaaaa...Dndndndndnddndnadnaaaaaa...(That's the sound of the 6 million dollar man running fast for those who are too young to know or remember!


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

The Bionic man?


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:
Drasven Hammers wrote:
The Bionic man?

Yep! That's the one. =) I guess that makes Xarmas the Bionic Woman!


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

We don't really have a map for this, do we? I am not sure if this is possible, if not, I'll target the one near me instead.

Moving over towards Aldern, Lia shakes her head:"Don't be silly, Aldern. I'm safest here, with everybody.", then covers the second boar with a color spray. One point to increase DC, DC 15 Will save.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

The Lakeside Picnic - Panic

Round 1

Ro and Drasven act swiftly and decisively charging at a raging Boar. Both strikes hit home and the boar collapses in a loud huff of breath.

Windsight raises his bow and draws two arrows as if in one motion, both strike the boar struggling against its own shadow and both appear to harm it greatly.

Lia, as the nearest Boar is down and the other is out of range I will have you hold your round 1 action for now.

Round 2

Initiative Order

Francesca,
Badly Wounded Boar 2,
Everyone else - including Karmid & Xarmas who will arrive behind the Boar
.

Francesca GO!

Gwydd's Inspiration - Everyone should read this:
For future reference, as this is more a "block style" initiative even though Gwydd was a step slower than everyone else, you would all benefit from his Inspiration, just makes things a bit easier to track I think!

Map - Everyone should read this:
Sorry, no map for this one. I am taking a staycation the week of 4th of July, one of my goals that week is to figure out how to do maps on my own, I am running 9 games on the boards so its about time to figure it out...


Female NG Human Fighter (Armor Master) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 22 (T: 13, F: 18) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20'

Oh my, having to go before anyone else can... the pressure XD

Fran takes a moment to look around, and process the situation.
The loose boar was now put down, well impaled.
The trapped boar was already well wounded, with Xarmas and Karmid rushing in right at it.

"Know what? There's really no reason for me to get close to that one. You guys got this."

Still, she stands at the ready, with her shield raised, legs spread ready to move quickly at a moment's notice.
Readied Action: Charge attack at the remaining boar if, and only if, it breaks free and charges anyone, to intercept it. Or full defense if it charges at her :P


Shadow's Status

Round 2

The Boar manages to extract itself from the spell that binds it, its gaze turns to the group before it likely considering which of you to run down first...

DMD ONLY:
Will save 1d20 ⇒ 16

Everyone else - including Karmid & Xarmas - GO!


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

The boar is pierced deeply my Rojava's spear. She must have been lucky with her stab, the point slipping between the ribs. No sooner has she pulled the spear from the boar than Drasven arrives, shearing through the boar's spine with his axe.

That piggy down, Ro scans the scene and sees a lone pig, free now but badly wounded with arrows, and likely about to meet with a lot of people looking to put it out of it's misery.

Seems well in hand, but Aldern is bleeding badly. I should look to that and leave the boar slaying to the others.

Ro approaches Aldern "That last boar has just a few seconds to live I'd guess. Let's take a look at your leg before you lose anymore blood."

She helps Aldern to a place to sit and places her hands on the gash in his leg.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"That was very brave of you, to keep standing there with just a dagger trying to draw that boar's attention away from Lia. I'm impressed, and grateful."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"Hrnnn." Drasven grunts as he pulls his axe free from the boar before turning and charging the remaining one. His deadly loking axe now raised up high and poised to do alt of damage to something should his momentum and weight of that axe hit.

His axe whistles down.
You have my AXE!!! Reach Weapon 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 151d12 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Kill It With (Arrow) Fire:

Flurry it again!

Hit 1: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 = 14
Damage 1: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

Hit 2: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 = 16
Damage 2: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

Another 14 points should kill it ... :)

The wind, the branches, the leaves - everything seems to be getting out of the way of Windsight's arrows today. Watching the boar facing Lia (even as she wisely moves out of its range) finally buck into greater liveliness, he dips his hand back down to the thigh quiver, extracts another pair of arrows, and puts them into the target. This is almost target practice, he thinks as he watches the fourth shaft sink into the boar's side.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Seeing the boars already in close proximity to the others, Karmid will drop his bow, pull his earthbreaker, and charge the closest boar to him as he enters the clearing without slowing down!

"FORE!"

Earthbreaker Attack(+Charge): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17

Earthbreaker Damage(2-Handed): 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 6) + 4 = 15

-2 AC until my next turn! Angela smacked something I think!


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Considering the hunt done(regardless of how the boars actually are, in her reality, they are dead), moves over to the tree Windsight sits in, and squats down leaning against the trunk, before breaking into song once more while playing with a flower, a sad tune this time, about a prey(hare) that fails to evade it's hunter(fox) despite all the trickery it tries.
Untrained Perform(Sing): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Oh yes, definitely need to pick that up as skill on level-up...


Shadow's Status

Round 2

As the Boar is brought down by axe arrow and hammer, Lia pads, right next to the battlefield as if the slaughter is not taking place and begins singing yet another tune. This one seems an ode to the beasts that just met their unfortunate demise.

Combat Over!

Aldern winces as Ro's spell stitches his wound, "Thank you Ro. I appreciate it". He pauses and listens to her song, "She is certainly something special. You all are".

He calls out to the group that brought the second Board down, "These were not clean kills, we should field dress these boar now!" He starts to work on the one that gored him, still moving gingerly where he was struck.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava smiles faintly (a little ironically?) at Aldern and gives his hair a tousle when she stands up. It's a slightly strange thing to do, but she doesn't have any other reply ready for him.

As the field dressing begins, she recruits anyone who doesn't feel like wading in guts and is willing, Xarmas? Fran? Gwydd? to look for mushrooms while they wait.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven snorts as he moves away to allow those more skilled in the hunt to skin the boars.

"I'm not exactly skilled in these thus I'll be making way fr those wh do." he pauses, "Got to make sure that nothing else is attracted to our kills."


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid retrieves his dropped bow then returns quickly.

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

"No problem! Everyone who will help, grabs some sharp knives and listen up!"

Turning toward the kills, Karmid starts giving the basic procedures on dressing killed boar by example.


Female NG Human Fighter (Armor Master) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 22 (T: 13, F: 18) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20'

She takes a moment to re-upholster her shield strapped to her back, and sheath her sword, then proceeds to dust herself a bit from the dirt on her knees from the failed rush of earlier, before proceeding to accompany Ro on her mushroom scavenging request.

...

Taking a little detour to make sure to grab back her Shark Biology book she had dropped earlier by the tree.

"I'll let the boys take care of butchering those, they seem to enjoy it. In the meantime, let's find some savory things to make those hunting trophies a bit more tasty, shall we?"

On top of mushrooms, Fran will also keep an eye out for herbs and berries.

Survival for foraging!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

I think we have enough hunters and woodsfolk around that can handle these boars. I will go out ranging with the others to help haul stuff back. If that's alright? Gwyd says as he feels the comforting magic flicker away.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Following the song, Lia watched Karmid with interest, trying to help with dressing the boar.
Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 And doing a splendid job
"So...like this?", she asks, her lithe frame and girlish pig-tailed face in stark contrast to the bloody mess on her hands.
I agreed to take part in ending their life so their flesh can feed us. I owe it to them so see things through and do them properly.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

With a smirk on his lips, Karmid points a bloody finger which is attached to a very blood-soaked arm covered in boar's blood, at those walking away.

"Cowards! Just afraid of getting a little dirty!"

Turning back to the carcass he kneels, raises his hands, and gives thanks.

"Gozreh, we accept this sacrifice so they we may continue your work and help keep the balance of nature intact."

Digging a shallow hole, with his dagger and hands he pushes the eviscerated guts and other inedible parts into the hole.

"I commit the remainder of your gift back to you so that it maybe be reused and renewed as you see fit."

Finishing the simple ritual, Karmid begins tying up the remains of the carcasses so that they can be carried easily back to the horses.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro laughs at Karmid's remark and delivers a rude gesture his direction.

"I killed it, you clean it pal!"

Kind of funny but based on the small number of cases so far, and acknowledging the so far rotating membership, I do believe Ro has the best kill/assist rate in the party :p


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Just wait little Ro! Karmid will catch up!


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas, quietly taking her measure of Karmid's animal dressing abililies, nods to herself at his apparent skill. She reaches into her bag, and shuffles around for a moment. Drawing a large dagger, she kneels down next to Karmid, and cuts a few strips in the flesh of the boar. She then uses the animal's flesh to tie it's own wound shut.

Survival Assist: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Technically she auto-assists on Survival, but a roll never hurts!


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid stares at Xarmas for a few odd moments, then smirks, nods and helps her finish dressing the boars.

Hefting the heaviest boar, Karmid expertly shoulders the mass and begins walking back to the horses slowly so as not to
twist his ankle under the weight or drop it from a stumble. He speaks over his should as he begins to leave the clearing.

"I'll meet you guys back at the horses. I want to start getting these carcasses away from the water. Predators and
scavengers will smell the spilled blood too easily when they come to drink, especially after dark."

Turning back before leaving the clearing, he looks at Xarmas with another smirk and waggles his eyebrows at her.

"You coming babe? You can obviously run, but can you carry?"


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas gives Karmid a steady look.

"Karmid, out of respect for our friendship, I will tell you this once...call me "babe" again, and you too, will be a female. Am I clear?"

She moves to the other boar, and hefts it easily.

"I think the real challenge will be when it comes time to eat the meat. Shall we wager...say...a silver to the winner?"


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid laughs off the threat and walks into the woods back along the path to the horses, as if assuming
Xarmas will easily catch up.

"A Wager? On eating boar meat? Hmmm... I have a local reputation to live up to of course.
But how would I know you are not using your...abilities?...against me? I am a mere Ranger of
Gozreh and lack your capacity of such abilities. Who would be the impartial judge too?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13
Karmid Groundbreaker wrote:
Just wait little Ro! Karmid will catch up!

Oh I don't doubt several of you will pass me quickly, if I'm even correct. I haven't kept a written tally, but by memory I lead Windsight by 1 goblin killed. That's mostly a fluke since I had some really nice dice rolls in the 1st fight, while Windsight was having some pretty bad ones.

That's why I mentioned it when I thought of it. I doubt the chance will come along again! And it's funny that a bard is out front :p


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Muuushroooms!

Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 19


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Windsight descends from the tree with the sort of care the focused archer shows with most tasks - 'take care of what you're doing before trying to do something else' sort of thing. He helps with the field-dressing - which doesn't usually involve skinning, just gutting and bleeding; skinning can wait for when you have decent, specialized tools, and if prepared whole, boars are usually cooked in the skin. (Seals in the juices, right?)

The shorter Shoanti assists as much as he can without a knife, though - mostly strength work on the rope, hauling the heavy beasts up to let them drain - but glances to watch Karmid's short ritual. Well, at least that's the same, he idly thinks, wondering from which one of the Sandpoint Shoanti the hammer-wielder learned the traditional words.

Once the dressing is done, he walks over to the pond to rinse off his hands, then moves over to their host-of-the-hunt, the nobleman Aldern. "You will be well? Good," he asks/states, since it's something he can all but see for himself. "Good. And yes, she is special ... though different." Windsight pauses, meeting the nobleman's gaze, then looks over towards Lia. "Sees things differently. Thinks differently." His attention shifts back to the nobleman. "She is not always understood by those around her."

What the Shoanti is actually saying ... might be up for debate.

Check-Sum:

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Aaand for what it's worth:
--------------------
Windsight's Strike Count
--------------------
Hits: Goblins: 1, Lead Goblin: 1
Kills: Goblins: 1, Goblin Dog: 1s, Boar: 1s
Executions: Goblins: 2

s - solo damage.

Pretty sure the goblin I finalized was already wounded by Karina. Not like we couldn't go back and check ... ;)


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Well, I did go look, and I guess it depends on how things are rated. Rojava had 3 solo goblin kills, all one-shots. No assists, I thought I had 1. Shall we call it an effective tie Windsight? :)


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

What, you thought we were done? We're just gettin' started!! ;D

Of course, for Windsight it isn't a competition - he seeks the perfect shot, after all. What's on the other side doesn't matter too much to him, but 'adventuring' (or troubleshooting, or whatever) leads to experiences more varied than standing in a training yard shooting at a pell, which means greater opportunities to learn ... which means getting closer to the perfect shot.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyd wanders a bit behind the rest as they sort through the brush near to the watering hole. Surprising himself, Gwyd manages to find quite a bounty of edible items in his foray.

We may well provide the town quite a feast tonight! He says, happily. With a wink at Fran he pops a berry into his mouth and savors the pop of sweet juice.

Dice Rolls:

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava hauls what she's found so far over to Fran and Gwydd.

"Looks like you both are doing a bit better than me at foraging. How about I take your stuff and start hauling it back to the horses? That will free you two up to search about some more."


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

That works for me Ro! Shall we head back out and see what else we can find Fran? I'm sure someone in town can turn whatever we don't eat tonight into preserved rations or something of the like. Gwyd asks as he hands over his bounty to Ro.

651 to 700 of 3,743 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.