PaizoCon Online Will Be Scheduled For May 26-31

Monday, April 27, 2020

Get ready to stay safe at home as you play awesome Pathfinder and Starfinder games with friends around the world!

Paizo is excited to announce that PaizoCon 2020 will be online! The annual game convention of all-things-Paizo, originally scheduled for Memorial Day Weekend in Seattle, will fall-back, regroup, and expand to six days of gaming at a safe social distance online May 26-31.

The event will include seminars and live-plays on Twitch, games scheduled via Warhorn and run on a variety of VTT platforms such as Roll20, Fantasy Grounds, Astral, and D20Pro, an official PaizoCon Online Discord server as a general hangout for con-goers, plus blogs on paizo.com, and more!

A PaizoCon Online 2020 homepage with schedules, game registration, and more details is scheduled to go live on May 1. Players can create a paizo.com account and get an organized play number in preparation today. GMs can sign up at Warhorn. For more information, email paizocononline@paizo.com.

Adventures Ahead!

Aaron Shanks
Marketing and Media Manager

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Online Play Organized Play PaizoCon Pathfinder Adventure Card Game Pathfinder Adventure Card Society Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Pathfinder Second Edition Pathfinder Society Starfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Starfinder Society
1 to 50 of 356 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

14 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

HUZZAH!

Liberty's Edge

12 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

Awesome news! Finally I have a chance to attend PaizoCon!


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

Will there be a call for volunteers before the May 1st date?


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

Yay!


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Woo hoo!!!

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

11 people marked this as a favorite.

Know Direction has been a cornerstone PaizoCon media partner for years. Paizo looks forward to working with them, with their technical expertise and deeply knowledgeable reporting team, to amplify our signal and bring PaizoCon Online 2020 to the world. Details to come!

Paizo Employee Organized Play Manager

3 people marked this as a favorite.
NielsenE wrote:
Will there be a call for volunteers before the May 1st date?

More info for Volunteers will be posted here shortly. Premier Event Coordinator Bob Jonquet and PaizoCon Online Organizing Committee Chair Jesse Davis are coordinating the volunteer efforts.

Silver Crusade

Looks like I can finally contribute to Paizocon, neat ^^ I am looking forward to it, while also dreading some time slots.

Silver Crusade

Looks like I'll be coming out of PaizoCon-attendance retirement. Thanks, Paizo!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Kinda feel like I’m missing something, does this mean that there isn’t tickets/payment/etc. since it’s online?

Paizo Employee Organized Play Manager

15 people marked this as a favorite.
KingTreyIII wrote:
Kinda feel like I’m missing something, does this mean that there isn’t tickets/payment/etc. since it’s online?

It is free to participants!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Tonya Woldridge wrote:
KingTreyIII wrote:
Kinda feel like I’m missing something, does this mean that there isn’t tickets/payment/etc. since it’s online?
It is free to participants!

:O

:D

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Looking forward to seeing this.

Are there plans to do any multi-table specials as part of the event?


Pathfinder Card Game, Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

Wow! Awesome!


And I thought I couldn't do Paizocon this year.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

12 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm so excited for this event. The Pathfinder Adventure Card Game is going to have a large showing at this event! More details to come soon, but we are planning to run several special ACG events during the convention!

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

eddv wrote:

Looking forward to seeing this.

Are there plans to do any multi-table specials as part of the event?

I think Tonya told us the planned multi-table specials will not translate into the online format. So no.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
cartmanbeck wrote:
I'm so excited for this event. The Pathfinder Adventure Card Game is going to have a large showing at this event! More details to come soon, but we are planning to run several special ACG events during the convention!

Will there be a way to play if someone has never played the ACG before?


Woo! Some good news amid the current climate! Thanks Paizo

Horizon Hunters

Question: Since Warhorn and many other of these online venues are not entirely ADA compliant, how is Paizo going to make this Con accessible given that they are starting by making calls to GMs strictly through a non-ADA compliant venue?


This is exciting.

Grand Lodge

Cool!

Will there be lottery events like a normal PaizoCon?

Paizo Employee Organized Play Manager

13 people marked this as a favorite.
Laarafel wrote:
Question: Since Warhorn and many other of these online venues are not entirely ADA compliant, how is Paizo going to make this Con accessible given that they are starting by making calls to GMs strictly through a non-ADA compliant venue?

Please send a message to paizocononline@paizo.com with how we can assist bridging the gap! We can take our best guess, but in the end it would only be guesswork. We are happy to assist, just need some guidance how!


Are there product reveals or previews at paizocons?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yay! I'm gonna be able to attend a PaizoCon! :D Thank you Paizo staff for the gigantic loads of work you are going to have to do. I appreciate it. <3

Horizon Hunters

Tonya Woldridge wrote:
Laarafel wrote:
Question: Since Warhorn and many other of these online venues are not entirely ADA compliant, how is Paizo going to make this Con accessible given that they are starting by making calls to GMs strictly through a non-ADA compliant venue?

Please send a message to paizocononline@paizo.com with how we can assist bridging the gap! We can take our best guess, but in the end it would only be guesswork. We are happy to assist, just need some guidance how!

The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (aka the ADA) is over 20 years old. It's a federal civil rights law and you're suggesting that Paizo doesn't know how to "bridge the gap".... or simply avoid companies that are not ADA compliant? The Dept. of Justice, Office of Civil Rights is capable of helping Paizo with this problem. Would you like me to call them, Tonya?

Grand Lodge Premier Event Coordinator

7 people marked this as a favorite.

GM recruitment is going to be handled differently than live PaizoCon, so please do not send emails to the email address above expressing interest.

When the Warhorn is opened up for registration on May 1st, it’ll just be for GMs initially. First, you will register to attend like any Warhorn event. Then you can select whichever games you want to GM from the schedule, first-come, first-serve. Then the GM will complete a short online form to provide us with your data so we can arrange for scenario drops, volunteer rewards, etc. The online form should be ready by the time registration goes live, and we should have approval for our volunteer incentives in the next day or two. The schedule is still being uploaded, so check back periodically. A few days before the event, we will open Warhorn for players to register.

We have a Discord server set up for the for the convention that will go live on Friday, May 1st with sub channels for discussions and digital tables which will be assigned to facilitate gameplay. GMs can select whichever virtual table-top application (VTT) they are most comfortable with and have it listed in the event description so players will know the format ahead of time.

If you have never GMd online before, but want to do so for this event we strongly encourage you to practice a time or two beforehand. If you are a player and this will be your first time experiencing an online event, we encourage you to install the appropriate VTT app in advance and become familiar with its functionality. Everyone being familiar with the app is important for everyone to enjoy themselves.

We will release more information as it becomes available so check back periodically. We also have the PaizoCon channel in Slack available if you have questions.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Aaron Shanks wrote:
eddv wrote:

Looking forward to seeing this.

Are there plans to do any multi-table specials as part of the event?

I think Tonya told us the planned multi-table specials will not translate into the online format. So no.

Like ever?

Grand Lodge Premier Event Coordinator

2 people marked this as a favorite.
eddv wrote:
Are there plans to do any multi-table specials as part of the event?

We will be offering a new ACS special on Saturday afternoon. We will not be offering any RPG specials at this event.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

This is Amazing!!

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I dont' need a plane ticket? Are you kidding me, Are you kidding me! I've had enough of bad news, THANK YOU PAIZO! (And still the BEST company around)
When will the scenarios be listed or are they already?

** Knew I should've waited ** Thanks


Thank you!

Paizo Employee Organized Play Manager

eddv wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:
eddv wrote:

Looking forward to seeing this.

Are there plans to do any multi-table specials as part of the event?

I think Tonya told us the planned multi-table specials will not translate into the online format. So no.
Like ever?

Nope. Just not the one we had planned for PaizoCon 2020.

Shadow Lodge

23 people marked this as a favorite.
Laarafel wrote:
Tonya Woldridge wrote:
Laarafel wrote:
Question: Since Warhorn and many other of these online venues are not entirely ADA compliant, how is Paizo going to make this Con accessible given that they are starting by making calls to GMs strictly through a non-ADA compliant venue?

Please send a message to paizocononline@paizo.com with how we can assist bridging the gap! We can take our best guess, but in the end it would only be guesswork. We are happy to assist, just need some guidance how!

The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (aka the ADA) is over 20 years old. It's a federal civil rights law and you're suggesting that Paizo doesn't know how to "bridge the gap".... or simply avoid companies that are not ADA compliant? The Dept. of Justice, Office of Civil Rights is capable of helping Paizo with this problem. Would you like me to call them, Tonya?

I must ask, is this the best method of achieving your goals you could be persuing?

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

5 people marked this as a favorite.

I was thinking I might have to skip this year due to health issues, but it looks like I can still play and GM!

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

In other news, I'm finally going to attend PaizoCon, at least there is any silver lining to how the world ends.

Horizon Hunters

TOZ wrote:
Laarafel wrote:
Tonya Woldridge wrote:
Laarafel wrote:
Question: Since Warhorn and many other of these online venues are not entirely ADA compliant, how is Paizo going to make this Con accessible given that they are starting by making calls to GMs strictly through a non-ADA compliant venue?

Please send a message to paizocononline@paizo.com with how we can assist bridging the gap! We can take our best guess, but in the end it would only be guesswork. We are happy to assist, just need some guidance how!

The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (aka the ADA) is over 20 years old. It's a federal civil rights law and you're suggesting that Paizo doesn't know how to "bridge the gap".... or simply avoid companies that are not ADA compliant? The Dept. of Justice, Office of Civil Rights is capable of helping Paizo with this problem. Would you like me to call them, Tonya?
I must ask, is this the best method of achieving your goals you could be persuing?

To answer your question: No, the best method would have been to immediately contact the Department of Justice, Office of Civil Rights upon seeing the post about the Con rather than doing anything here. And they would have, in all likelihood (because I've seen it done before) shut the Con down immediately until this was resolved... which may not have been resolved until after they were done investigating which sometimes takes years.

So, I thought of the other players before I thought of Disabled people when it came to the Con and decided I'd let Paizo have the opportunity to be publicly humiliated and maybe, maybe come to the table and talk rather than dragged through that ringer.

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Is Kate Baker still the guest of honor, or is her guest of honor-hood extending to Paizocon 2021?

Grand Lodge Premier Event Coordinator

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Laarafel wrote:
ADA

I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish? What compliance is Warhorn violating? Its the standard tool being used for nearly all organized play scheduling around the world (not all, but most). I assume that if they were violating the law, it would have been shut down long before now. PaizoCon Online is not unique in its methodology

Shadow Lodge

9 people marked this as a favorite.
Laarafel wrote:
And they would have, in all likelihood (because I've seen it done before) shut the Con down immediately until this was resolved... which may not have been resolved until after they were done investigating which sometimes takes years.

(X) Doubt

Horizon Hunters

TwilightKnight wrote:
Laarafel wrote:
ADA

I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish? What compliance is Warhorn violating? Its the standard tool being used for nearly all organized play scheduling around the world (not all, but most). I assume that if they were violating the law, it would have been shut down long before now. PaizoCon Online is not unique in its methodology

Dear, I suggest if you are the event coordinator that you speak to an attorney.

Grand Lodge Premier Event Coordinator

Laarafel wrote:
Dear, I suggest if you are the event coordinator that you speak to an attorney.

Okay, Thank you.

Horizon Hunters

Question: Is this for existing Paizocon ticket holders, or will we be able to buy tickets for this? Is it free?

Excited!

Liberty's Edge

I would really like to do the larger specials online. Pair your VTT with an online chat feature like: Ventrilo, mumble or teamspeak, where folks can be in several channels at once, would make the larger group idea work very well.

For anyone who has played Eve Online and has done large fleet battles knows how this could work very nicely. 100's of players on the same server with multiple voice chats all working together. It would be an amazing experience.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns Subscriber
Chris Sharpe wrote:

Question: Is this for existing Paizocon ticket holders, or will we be able to buy tickets for this? Is it free?

Excited!

From up the thread

Tonya Woldridge wrote:
KingTreyIII wrote:
Kinda feel like I’m missing something, does this mean that there isn’t tickets/payment/etc. since it’s online?
It is free to participants!

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Maps, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

This fantastic news! Will you schedule games on a 24-hour cycle or just use Seattle time? The possibilities for 24-hour gaming...

Paizo Employee Organized Play Manager

3 people marked this as a favorite.
KitsuneWarlock wrote:
Is Kate Baker still the guest of honor, or is her guest of honor-hood extending to Paizocon 2021?

We are not having Guest of Honors this year due to the change in format. 2021 announcements will happen when we are spinning up PaizoCon 2021.

Dark Archive

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Begus wrote:

I would really like to do the larger specials online. Pair your VTT with an online chat feature like: Ventrilo, mumble or teamspeak, where folks can be in several channels at once, would make the larger group idea work very well.

For anyone who has played Eve Online and has done large fleet battles knows how this could work very nicely. 100's of players on the same server with multiple voice chats all working together. It would be an amazing experience.

The Online region has a lot of experience running multi-table specials and we definitely share your enthusiasm for them! Typically we have every table on their VTT of choice, then use one central discord server with each group in their own voice channel and we also have a public text chat channel for all the players on the different tables to talk together and one for the GMs (separately) to converse and discuss things or report. The Overseer broadcasts on our Twitch channel so players can be tuned into it and hear announcements when they're live, all at the same time without having to leave and enter different voice chats, as well as see the display for the interactive aspects on the stream, for specials that have them.

It works very well for us, but it sounds like the nature of the special that had been planned for Paizo Con wouldn't have translated as well as the previous ones, plus I can imagine that Paizo want to have the first PF2 special be something truly amazing with a ton of physical stuff that might be hard to replicate online. But never fear, I'm sure it will show up at one of our future cons eventually! :)

1 to 50 of 356 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / PaizoCon / General Discussion / Paizo Blog: PaizoCon Online Will Be Scheduled For May 26-31 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.