Brvheart's Skull&Shackles

Game Master brvheart

Become a pirate and plunder the Shackles and maybe one day challenge the Pirate King himself for leadership!


The Shackles


1,201 to 1,250 of 1,703 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 22 28/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: prot. from evil

Capricia again thanks Laroisael for the healing before moving to Nuts's side and considering his question. "Well, that ghoul-thing was trapped inside the cabin for gods know how long and those grabby creeps probably use the spring to drink from...." After musing a bit, an impish grin forms on the pirate lass's face. "If it IS befouled, maybe Vikla could create water for a day or two while we see if Plugg and the rest of his crew get sick."

All leveled and caught up now.


M Goblin Rogue4HP 28/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

The water looks pretty clean to me.


Female Resources Channel 4/4 Human Cleric HP: 36/36; Nonlethal 0; AC:16/15/11 ; Fort: 6 Ref:2 will:8 ; Init +1 ; CMD:15 ; Perception +4;

Before resting

No need Manny

Vikla casts create water

I didnt prepare purification today, I will have it tomorow, but this water I conjure is 100% safe to drink. Noone goes to bed thirsty

She pauses

I can take first or last watch


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

Before bed I clean the rot and stench in the cabin with Magic, it will be clean, dry, warmed by the fireplace and smells like a fresh clean day. All our meals will taste great, like manny cooking on ship. We can all get baths too. We can even mend the door to keep it secure.


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 15/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 6 rounds/day)

Laroisael storms out the door, ready to brave the cove and take on the grindylows, until she turns and realizes the rest of her party are beginning to rest. She curses internally, believing any second wasted could be a second where Sandara will die. Praying to Abadar that Sandara makes it by tomorrow, she returns to the cabin, preparing to rest herself.

Can’t wait to see the look on Plugg’s face when we bring Sandara back…” she tells herself, not realizing she said that out loud.


M Goblin Rogue4HP 28/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Manny gnaws on some rations. Maybe we can fools them. I could be the Big Crab Goblin boss and you my honor guard. Take me to your leader! Manny waves a claw around.


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

Look we will be at full strength in the morning, it's in our interest to be prepared. I suggest we do a lot of self care tonight. I'm preparing a nest here, fixing the doors, Windows and the stockade gate for a base, I could use help, especially Vilka, but any with carpentry skill can help. We may need to fall back here after finding Sandara to heal her. Also we can't take the water barrels and treasure into their lair, have to secure it here.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 22 28/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: prot. from evil

Capricia offers to help out, even if it's just cleaning up the old place. "Let's not forget that one of those grabby vine-things got away," she reminds the others. "We need to stay alert in case it comes back."

Capricia will take a watch shift.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Presuming you bury the ghoul and set a watch, the vine choker does not want to take on six of you. The night passes without incident.

The cove is about a little over a mile from the stockaid below the end of the hill. The cliffs around the cove vary in height from 40 to
80 feet. You can climb or dive directly into the water below which will require a climb, swim or acrobatics check.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

You found a journal for Arron Ivy, a crewman from the ship Infernus.
Inside is a single chamber, crowded with a large amount of furniture
looted from the wreck of the Infernus, including a comfortable
bed (formerly the captain’s), a small writing desk, cooking
gear, and several barrels of rotting food. The journal details how the
Infernus wrecked just south of the Island. Most of the crew sucummbed to
ghoul fevor from the whores from the ship who first contracted it.


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

We will give the body of the ghoul, now a corps, Mr. Ivy a proper funeral in a marked grave. Keep the barrels, ditch the rotten food unless purify food and can do anything, make a hole and bury it too.

In the morning, head down to the cove.

Profession Sailor to judge waters depth for a safe dive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

looks deep enough for the dive.

Swim: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Emerald Delta Waters wrote:

We will give the body of the ghoul, now a corps, Mr. Ivy a proper funeral in a marked grave. Keep the barrels, ditch the rotten food unless purify food and can do anything, make a hole and bury it too.

In the morning, head down to the cove.

[dice=Profession Sailor to judge waters depth for a safe dive]1d20 + 12

looks deep enough for the dive.

[dice=Swim]1d20 + 14

A DC 10 Knowledge (geography) or Profession

(sailor) check is enough to notice that the cove’s dark
waters indicate the absence of rocks below the surface.

You judge it deep enough for safe dive, DC 15 swim

the tidal waters churn considerably


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

When they find the posessions of the stranded sailor, the halfling looks at Emerald. "Can I take a look at that journal?" he ask sheepishly, adding "When you are done with it..." shortly thereafter.

Other than that, Nuts seems confused. He seems to be in thought most of the time, milling over something in his head again and again as the day progresses.

"Is-" he starts the sentence without much confidence, growing intensity as he finishes. "Is Scrimshaw not also missing? You all keep talking about Quinn. Only Quinn."

Nuts shoots the rest of the rescue mission a stinkeye. "What gives?"


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 15/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 6 rounds/day)

Laroisael smiles sheepishly, “Oh, don’t worry we’ll rescue Scrimshaw too! I…uh…” She can’t quite explain why she forgot about Scrimshaw…but the slight blush could give a clue.

Later, Laroisael takes a dive into the water once she realizes the dive is safe.

Swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Female Resources Channel 4/4 Human Cleric HP: 36/36; Nonlethal 0; AC:16/15/11 ; Fort: 6 Ref:2 will:8 ; Init +1 ; CMD:15 ; Perception +4;

I mean, Sandara is a fellow priestess of my own deity, but yes, we should save scrimshaw as well, no crew members live is worth more then anothers.

I do not know either very well, having joined your ship later. What can you tell me about Scrimshaw?

Vikla is quite tactful and diplomatic when she wants to.


M Goblin Rogue4HP 28/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Manny cannonballs

swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

If we are sneaking in, I have invisibility prepared


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 22 28/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: prot. from evil

Getting to one of the lower areas of the drop (40'), Capricia temporarily stows her buckler, says a prayer to Besmara, and attempts a stylish dive into the churning water below.

Capricia the Pirate Acrobatics Check (buckler stowed): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Coming back to the surface for air, Capricia draws her masterwork dagger, knowing her falcata will not work well if she needs to fight in the water.


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

When asked about Jack Scrimshaw, Nuts shrugs "The hell I know. I am always up on the rigging. He runs around deck doing... stuff."

"We don't interact much. But that doesn't mean I am leaving the man here to fend for himself. The crew need to trust each other."

He thinks about it. "Well... Those that earned it, anyway. I don't mind doing the first step."


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
MannyGoblin wrote:

Manny cannonballs

[Dice=swim]1d20+5

Manny is bobbing around in the white water like a cork. What about the rest of you: Nuts and Vilka? How are you getting down?


Female Resources Channel 4/4 Human Cleric HP: 36/36; Nonlethal 0; AC:16/15/11 ; Fort: 6 Ref:2 will:8 ; Init +1 ; CMD:15 ; Perception +4;

Vikla gets out of her armor for now, putting it in her backpack, and swims down.
swim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 Just makes it!


M Goblin Rogue4HP 28/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Manny lands like this.


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

my 3 point dive


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

show off


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

As Burt said, it's what I do best.


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

Nuts sighs as he sees others plunging. "Well, in the words of one Eddie I heard about... Might as well jump."

And he leaps.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

You need to set an order of march.

You should be able to mostly navigate the narrow passage to the left for about 50'. At that that point you can go left or right. Both are under water, but the left seems much deeper.

If you look at the map at the bottom, it shows the level of the water at high and low tide. Presuming you are going at low tide, there are areas you can walk. All other areas you can swim with heads up in order to breathe.


M Goblin Rogue4HP 28/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Manny gets his crab suit on so he can be a proper crab prince.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

You hear screams from deep within the caverns, sounds like Scrimshaw.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 22 28/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: prot. from evil

Capricia will volunteer to be in the front, though she's not a great swimmer and might slow the group down some as we proceed.


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

Who has a good swim and stealth, I can cast vanish to scout ahead. We also have a potion of invisibility good for 3 minutes


M Goblin Rogue4HP 28/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

I have super stealth! Just follow crab prince Manny! Manny points to the right

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

Hearing sounds of what might be Scrimshaw, Nuts focuses on the direction of the screaming. He doesn't even register the conversation happening, and is on the move, just inches behind Manny, as if racing against time itself.

Swim: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29


Female Resources Channel 4/4 Human Cleric HP: 36/36; Nonlethal 0; AC:16/15/11 ; Fort: 6 Ref:2 will:8 ; Init +1 ; CMD:15 ; Perception +4;

Vikla follows the shortstacks, 30-40 feet behind to not give them away.


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

I swim forward behind Vilka. Swim speed 30. Cast mage armor, caster level 4, one point to cl. We have about 3 hours to high tide, 12 noon.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

To the right-
The tunnel leading into this natural tidal cavern is decorated with
the jawbones of numerous frightful-looking fish, resembling
the throat of some hideous aquatic creature. The water is about 8'
deep so those not using the walls will need a DC 10 swim check in there.

To the left-
This cavern has been carved to resemble the interior of some
great sea creature, its ribs towering over and around the chamber
The seaweed on the f loor of the chamber is 5 feet deep.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 22 28/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: prot. from evil

Capricia follows in the party's second rank, trying to swim as quietly as possible.

Capricia the Pirate Stealth Check (w/o buckler): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 = 25
Capricia the Pirate Swim Check (w/o buckler): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

So order of March, manny, capricia, Nuts, Vilka, emerald, did I miss anyone?


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 22 28/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: prot. from evil

Laroisael.


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 15/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 6 rounds/day)

Laroisael will follow at the back.

Swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

Duh, like I must of had a blonde moment, for sure, you can keep people from surprising us in the rear.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Manny and Nuts, you can see Grindylows trying to hide at the bottom of the chamber ahead of you. One of them is wearing Sandara's Tricore. Probably what is giving them away.


M Goblin Rogue4HP 28/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Manny raises his claws and speaks in goblin. Helloo!! I am Manny! Prince of Crab Goblins! I am with my followers to speak with your leader and trade with them! I ask for safe passage!


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The goblins are impressed with Manny's show of chutzpah even though they don't understand a word of goblin!!! They chitter back and forth to each other in aguan.


Female Sea Elf Blood Arcanist Savant 4; AC 15 (18 w/mage armor), HP 27, Init + 3; Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +4; Atk melee +5, ranged +5. concentration +11, Skills Acro +4, Climb +1 (+9), Perc + 3, Prof (sailor) +12, SoH +4, Sp.craft +11 (+13), Swim +17

noticing the puzzlement on there faces as he spoke, I am torn between helping or shrinking under the safety of the water to hide. I finally summon the courage to move up to where manny is.

I tell them what he said, in aquan. I am only here to translate what my leader says, mind you, I am no diplomat, only a minion of his Excellency. (Repeat his words)


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The one with Sandara's Tricorn speaks, "What you want goblin? You want see Queen?"


M Goblin Rogue4HP 28/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Manny nods and clacks his claws. Yes! Two of my minions are here and I wish to ask your queen for them! I can offer minions that have failed me in return! Manny mutters to the others. We can give them Scourge and Plugg and our enemies.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

You come from ship? Inquires the creature? Come with us then, we take you to Queen


M Goblin Rogue4HP 28/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Manny waves to the others.No problems!


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 22 28/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: prot. from evil

Capricia's not sure she likes this "plan." If the party just goes along and the grindylows are treacherous, they'll all be caught in the heart of the lair and have to fight their way out against all the tribe members at once. Therefore, she tries to get a read on the creatures' intentions from their body language and facial expressions.

Capricia the Pirate Sense Motive Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

1,201 to 1,250 of 1,703 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / dot All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.