Brvheart's Skull&Shackles

Game Master brvheart

Become a pirate and plunder the Shackles and maybe one day challenge the Pirate King himself for leadership!


The Shackles


1 to 50 of 1,740 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

dot


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 20/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 3/6)

dot


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Dot


1/2 Orc Storm Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +4, R +2, W +5 | Init +4 Perc +8

Dot...


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Whatever your reasons for being in Port Peril, each of you spent last night drinking at the Formidably Maid, a notorious drinking establishment in Port Peril, where seemingly a press gang marked you as targets.
After drugging the you into unconsciousness, the press gang dumped you in the ship’s hold to sleep it off, where you soon get a rude awakening.

Welcome to the Sweet Trade

You wake up the following morning in the dark hold of a ship. You all remember the night before—the ringing laughter of a wild night, the heady joy of excess, the scents of rich stewed meat and perfume lingering in their nostrils. You have pounding headaches, the sickly taste of cheap wine in your mouths, the floor is very hard. There is a rhythmic creaking noise, and the feeling of the room swaying, as if you were still drunk.


Before you can do much more than sit up, however, several pairs of heavy footsteps enter the dark room, and the harsh light of a lantern painfully
spears your eyes.
Master Scourge, the Wormwood’s boatswain, master-at-arms, and infamous disciplinarian, has entered the hold to wake the PCs and get them up to the main deck. Six rough-looking Wormwood pirates, armed with saps, accompany him. An expression that might be mistaken for pain but which is clearly an attempt at a smile bruises Scourge’s face as he cracks the whip in his hand and screams at you.

"“Still abed with the sun over the yardarm?
On your feet, ye filthy swabs! Get up on
deck and report for duty before Cap’n
Harrigan flays your flesh into sausage skins
and has Fishguts fry ye up for breakfast!”

The PCs quickly discover that most, if not all, of their weapons and equipment are gone.


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 20/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 3/6)

"Ooooh...my head...wait..."

The brunette haired elf slowly raises her head, her vision still blurry and wobbly from the night before.

"Where...am I? The...wait...map...Cyclops ruins...are we...who is Harrigan...?"


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 22 28/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: prot. from evil

A lanky red-haired human woman of around twenty summers stirs with a groan. Looking around with bleary eyes, she manages to crawl to a thick wooden pillar--undoubtedly the belowdecks portion of a large ship's mast--and, with a bit of effort, props her back against it and shifts to a sitting position. Breathing in through her nose and out through her mouth, the young woman tries to better regain her senses...and not vomit.

She quickly realizes she's aboard a ship already at sea. Sprawled around her are several other figures, some of whom are also beginning to stir.

Great--I've been press-ganged. Must've been drugged as well--I don't recall drinking very much--in fact, I don't remember much at all.

With another groan, the young woman uses her long legs to push herself off the floor, sliding her back up the mast until she's standing...more or less. She takes a few moments to make sure her normally excellent balance won't betray her before attempting to move.

When the whip-wielding creep and his minions enter the hold--Was he at the tavern last night?--Capricia staggers toward the stairs the men used to descend into the hold, silently trying to inventory herself and finding that most if not all of her gear already confiscated.


1/2 Orc Storm Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +4, R +2, W +5 | Init +4 Perc +8

Facedown on the floor, Harusk groans incoherently and strains to push himself up to his hands and knees when he hears the boatswain's orders. The half-orc's mind races, trying in vain to remember anything after the drinks and music...but to no avail.

Squeezing his eyes shut hard, and then blinking into the lantern-light, Harusk coughs and instantly regrets it as he brain feels like it's trying to pound it's way out of his skull. "Oh, this is not good." he mutters.

Still, familiar with the feel of a ship swaying beneath him, the smells of an aging vessel's hold, and adding that to the barking orders of an unfamiliar ship's officer, the druid comes to the easy conclusion that he has indeed been waylaid and press-ganged. Angry, but far from foolish, the half-orc takes on a resigned demeanor, knowing he needs to see what's what before he can show any form of resistance. Timing is everything.

Harusk grunts as he uses the wall of the hull to push himself to his feet. Wobbly, the half-orc takes in the rest of the hold, and shakes his head slowly, and proceeds wearily to the steps as well.


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

Laying on his side, the halfling in the darkened room opens his eyes. His red hair is spread wildly on the wooden floor under his head. The disgustingly sweet morning aftertaste of cheap wine forces him to clear his throat rather loudly. He huffs to get the hair out of his mouth and eyes, and his eyes dart around the room wildly before he makes any actual movements. His face and ribs still hurting from last night, but the extra headache is something new. He slowly sits up, criss-cross applesauce, cracks his neck, and stretches his hands in a Y pose. He starts reaching for his back to stretch a bit further, and seems confused for a moment.

Creaking wood, gentle swaying side to side, and the smell of salt in his nostrils. But something is off. He looks around, trying to focus his eyes on his surroundings. His eyes narrow. "This isn't The Half-Mast..." he mumbles to himself, and checks his pockets. Empty. His simple shirt is dirty, with small spatters of blood on it. As he looks around and sees his co-travelers, he is about to ask a question when echoes of approaching footsteps fill the silence. A brutish looking man shouts something, and Aki stands up. He puts his palms to both sides of his nose, and pushes from both sides. The gentlest of cracks reverberate through his head. "Better..." he whispers.

The whip cracks again, and Aki moves towards the man, scanning him and the possy. Could he take them? We'll see. He keeps quiet for now, with the exception of the occasional gentle grunt. He doesn't wait for the others in the room. There will be times for introductions. Hopefully.

He walks to the commanding figure in the room. "Not sure if you'll get much ransom for me. Bit of a black sheep, really." he cracks a smile as he approaches. "Lead the way?"


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Manny groans as his aching head greats him on the moving floor. Where am I? I was cooking at kitchen! Making stew for those dummy longshanks.

Manny cracks an eye and looks at the other figures around him and sees the wooden floor and hears other noises. Oh no! I got shangahied! Why? Manny is cook, me do job! So what if I used horse meat that time? Not my fault they don't give me what I need!

Manny suddenly hears the approach of boots and thinks this will go badly so he does what a goblin should do..Hide!

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


Master Scourge cracks the whip at Laroisael, "Get a move on, the captain ain't gonna wait on ya scalley wags. He then starts counting, `1-2-3-4, That's only four. There was supposed to be six. looking at the six pirates with him now Search the room for the other two. If they don't come out they'll be keel hauled tomorrow!"


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 20/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 3/6)

Laroisael gives off a shriek at the crack of the whip, and leaps onto her feet and stagger-runs towards the commanding figure. It's at this point that she realizes the kind of scenario she is in...and she silently curses to herself.

In Elven:
"'Go see the cyclops ruins,' you said; 'Everyone's investigating the ancient Runelord cities,' you said; 'Will be a better experience overall,' you said. Well look at where it landed you in, you stupid..."


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Laroisael wrote:

Laroisael gives off a shriek at the crack of the whip, and leaps onto her feet and stagger-runs towards the commanding figure. It's at this point that she realizes the kind of scenario she is in...and she silently curses to herself.

** spoiler omitted **

[ooc]Lol, you will still get there. Just wait until Book 4, and you will be glad you waited when you get there![ooc]


Pulling out the gnome who just showed up, "[b]Thar ya be. Now wheres that goblin, eh?[b]"

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

When you reach the main deck, either of your own volition or under duress, it’s quickly apparent that you are on a sizable ship in the middle of the ocean, far from any land. Port Peril and the mainland of the Shackles are just an ochre haze many miles astern. Figures cluster
around the ship’s mainmast, looking up at the higher deck on the stern, where two figures stand. One of them is a broad, muscular Garundi man with a shaven head, a long beard bound with gold rings, and an eye patch—clearly the captain. The other is a younger, balding man with a long black ponytail, wearing a long coat and carrying a well-used cat-o’-nine-tails.
At this point you also notice that you are not the only new recruits—four others are standing with them on the deck, set apart by their relative cleanliness and their apparent unease with their newfound situation. A dozen or so other pirates, clearly existing members of the
crew, stand about on the deck or in the ship’s rigging. Once you are on deck, the captain addresses the crew.

"“Glad you could join us at last! Welcome to the Wormwood! My thanks for ‘volunteering’ to join my crew. I’m Barnabas Harrigan. That’s Captain Barnabas Harrigan to you, not that you’ll ever need to address me. I have only one rule—don’t speak to me. I like talk, but I don’t like your talk. Follow that rule and we’ll all get along fine. “Oh, and one more thing. Even with you new recruits, we’re still short-handed, and I aim to keep what crew I have. There’ll be a keelhaulin’ for anyone caught killin’ anyone. Mr. Plugg! If you’d be so kind as to make pirates out of these landlubbers, it’ll save me having to put them in the sweatbox for a year and a day before I make pies out of ’em.”


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Manny had discovered that hiding under a bucket just wasn't enough to save him from the Longshanks.


At the end of his speech, the captain walks away, leaving behind the man with the cat-o’-nine-tails. This is Mister Plugg, the Wormwood’s first mate. He looks down at the PCs and other impressed captives and smiles unpleasantly. Plugg has no time for small talk or pleasantries. His intention is to get the new recruits working on the ship as soon as possible.
"I have a few test fer you newcomers. First, I wants all of youse to climb up the rigging to the top of the mainmast as fast as you can and back down again.

Climbing the rigging requires a DC 10
Climb check to reach the crow’s nest, 60 feet above the
deck. Remember that the PCs climb at one-quarter their
normal speeds (or half speed with an accelerated climb)
so each PC will need to make several Climb checks.


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Manny tries to climb but no doubt gets tangled in the ropes.


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 20/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 3/6)

Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Laroisael was never much of a climber, but save for a bit of a slip at first, she manages to do quite well.

if I need to roll more Climb checks let me know


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Both your slips were not high enough for the fall to do any damage.
Keep going Laroiael, you are only 15' up! Every check is a quarter of your movement or 7 1/2 feet


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

A Climb check that fails by 4 or less means that you make no progress, and one that fails by 5 or more means that you fall from whatever height you have already attained


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 22 28/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: prot. from evil

Capricia tries to get an early lead on the field by attempting accelerated climbing in the lowest parts of the rigging.

Capricia the Pirate Climb Check (Accelerated): 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 5 = 12

Capricia the Pirate Climb Check (Accelerated): 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 5 = 19

Woo Hoo! Halfway up! She'll switch to normal climbing for the next couple of checks.


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 22 28/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: prot. from evil

After getting a quick start on the lower parts of the rigging, Capricia slows her rate of ascent, knowing that a fall from this height would prove painful, perhaps even fatal.

Capricia the Pirate Climb Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Capricia the Pirate Climb Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

15 ft. + 15 ft. + 7.5 ft. + 7.5 ft = 45 ft. Getting close!

I'll pause here to see if anyone else is close to her.


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

The redheaded halfling laughs internally at the idiocy of the pirates allowing them access to the crow's nest. He looks at the rigging to find a route. Not new to ships, he looks towards the ropes first. Once he has a route plotted, he steps forward.

"Right. Let's get to it." he hops onto the railing, and pits his foot on the rigging. Being in a rush, he actually puts a foot through and his clumsines earns him a ropeburn dangerously close to his dangles.

"Oof! That was close!" he mutters to nobody in particular, and tries again. This time, he makes good progress. While he is in the nest, he quickly looks around for any ships or land nearby.

Anything of the sort visible?

While looking, he offers aid to anyone that is close and in trouble.

When that all is done, he starts moving back to the deck. A little overconfident in his descent, he slips just a few feet above the deck and does a little tumbling to not hurt his limbs.

He looks at Mister Plugg - a little winded, but grinning. "I can do this all day..."

If anyone needs an assist, let me know.

Crunch:
Climbing up, Accelerated: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 5 = 7
Climbing up, Accelerated: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 5 = 10
Climbing up, Accelerated: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 5 = 16
Climbing up, Accelerated: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 5 = 15
Climbing up, Accelerated: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 5 = 19
Climbing up, Accelerated: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 5 = 16
Climbing up, Accelerated: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 5 = 22

Climbing down, Accelerated: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 5 = 21
Climbing down, Accelerated: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 5 = 11
Climbing down, Accelerated: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 5 = 7
Climbing down, Accelerated: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 5 = 13
Climbing down, Accelerated: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 5 = 6
Climbing down, Accelerated: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 5 = 20
Climbing down, Accelerated: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 5 = 19
Climbing down, Accelerated: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 5 = 3

Acrobatics, Reduce fall damage: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


1/2 Orc Storm Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +4, R +2, W +5 | Init +4 Perc +8

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Harusk starts well, but unsure of his grip on the ocean slick ropes, fumbles more than a bit...


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 20/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 3/6)

Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

I'm assuming this means Laroisael made it up to the top. correct me if I'm wrong

Perhaps out of sheer saltiness of being literally robbed of her chances to explore ruins, she manages to get to the top. Even with a few misplaced grabs of the rope, she doesn't manage to fall off.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Capricia the Pirate wrote:

After getting a quick start on the lower parts of the rigging, Capricia slows her rate of ascent, knowing that a fall from this height would prove painful, perhaps even fatal.

[dice=Capricia the Pirate Climb Check]1d20+5

[dice=Capricia the Pirate Climb Check]1d20+5

15 ft. + 15 ft. + 7.5 ft. + 7.5 ft = 45 ft. Getting close!

I'll pause here to see if anyone else is close to her.

Capricia, keep climping you are at 45' at 4 rounds. Nuts made the top in 7 so you have a chance of beating him yet! 2 more successful rolls should do it!


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Laroisael wrote:

[dice=Climb]1d20 + 1

[dice=Climb]1d20 + 1
[dice=Climb]1d20 + 1
[dice=Climb]1d20 + 1
[dice=Climb]1d20 + 1
[dice=Climb]1d20 + 1
[dice=Climb]1d20 + 1
[dice=Climb]1d20 + 1

I'm assuming this means Laroisael made it up to the top. correct me if I'm wrong

Perhaps out of sheer saltiness of being literally robbed of her chances to explore ruins, she manages to get to the top. Even with a few misplaced grabs of the rope, she doesn't manage to fall off.

Laroisael makes it on 11 rolls!


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Manny just throws his hands up at all of the longshanks climbing better than him.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Harusk wrote:


Harusk starts well, but unsure of his grip on the ocean slick ropes, fumbles more than a bit...

Ouch! Harusk falls 15' for damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2 damage!


MannyGoblin wrote:
Manny just throws his hands up at all of the longshanks climbing better than him.

Mr Plugg looks at you, "You better know how to cook then"


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 22 28/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: prot. from evil

Seeing the halfling scrambling up the rigging quickly, Capricia does some mental math and figures she might just be able to beat him. Unfortunately, she loses her footing a bit as she nears the crow's nest and barely manages to pull herself up at the same time that the halfling does.

Meeting his eyes, the young woman whispers, "Well done! I'm Capricia. Were you taken from the Formidably Maid as well?"

Capricia the Pirate Climb Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Capricia the Pirate Climb Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Capricia the Pirate Climb Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Manny can cook! Manny can make booze! Yummy Booze!


1/2 Orc Storm Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +4, R +2, W +5 | Init +4 Perc +8

Harusk hits the deck with a horrendous thud, suffering almost as much embarrassment as he does physical pain. He groans and growls at the same time before trying again.

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

More carefully, which makes the going slower, the half-orc proceeds back up the rigging.

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


MannyGoblin wrote:
Manny can cook! Manny can make booze! Yummy Booze!

"The only booze you'll be makin' is grog. Report to Fishguts in the morning.

Pointing to Nuts "YOU! Come here. You are now my rigger report to me tomorrow morning. The rest of you are going to be swabs. Report to Mr Scourge."


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 20/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 3/6)

Laroisael lets out a sigh that she didn't know she was holding in-a sigh of relief. Sure, she was gonna be stuck on cleaning duty, but better than nearly risking your neck climbing, as she saw the half orc.

"Are you alright?" she asked Harusk, "That was a nasty fall you took."


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Mr Plugg yells at everyone else to come down.
Harusk took damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 20/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 3/6)

Ah, I forgot that I needed more Climb checks to come down, disregard my last post

Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Laroisael, realizing just how high she actually is, doesn't have the best grasp on the rope and plummets ungracefully to the deck.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Everyone roll a d6 to determine your first days task. This will be the first thing you do every day until a successful mutiny (and that is not something you are going to accomplish at levels 1 or 2).


Female Human Swashbuckler (Rondelero) 3 | hp 22 28/29 NL (0) | AC (gear) 19, t 15, ff 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Panache 3/3 | Conditions: prot. from evil

Capricia takes her time descending, knowing it's no longer a race. One misstep (and a nat 1), however, and she plummets 50+ feet to the deck!

Capricia the Pirate Climb Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Capricia the Pirate Climb Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Capricia the Pirate Climb Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Capricia the Pirate Climb Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Capricia the Pirate Climb Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Capricia the Pirate Climb Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Capricia the Pirate Climb Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Capricia the Pirate Climb Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

That nat 1 = -10 penalty house rule is gonna be rough on the riggers.

EDIT: Adding the daily d6 task roll in case Capricia survives.

Capricia the Pirate Daily Swab Task Roll: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |
Capricia the Pirate wrote:
Meeting his eyes, the young woman whispers, "Well done! I'm Capricia. Were you taken from the Formidably Maid as well?"

He halfling cracks a smile back at Capricia. "Truth be told, not really sure. Was on a bit of a pub crawl. Guess we just won the lottery, huh? I'm Aki, but call me Nuts. I see land behind us, but it's too far to swim. Guess we'll have to endure this... for a while, anyway." his eyes get a little more serious as he looks down towards the deck. "We can't be on the sea forever. Or can we?"

Mr. Plugg2 wrote:
Pointing to Nuts "YOU! Come here. You are now my rigger report to me tomorrow morning. The rest of you are going to be swabs. Report to Mr Scourge."

The halfling moves to Mr. Plugg, wondering why he ended up with that monicker. "Mister Plugg, I am also handy with the saw and chisel." he says in the most neutral way possible. "I don't mind climbing ropes, but if you're missing someone who can work wood, just putting that out there... Since we're being assigned posts."

Task: 1d6 ⇒ 5


1/2 Orc Storm Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +4, R +2, W +5 | Init +4 Perc +8

Wincing in pain as he finishes his climb back down to the deck, and flushed with surprising embarassment fueled by his competative nature. Why exactly am I upset I did so poorly at that climbing gig? I have no desire to be a rigger...Hell, I don't even want to BE here.

DailyTask: 1d6 ⇒ 1


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Since Manny is going to be the cook in the morning, now sounds like a good time to find out where he is going to cook!

Who is this Fishguts? Am I cooking fishguts for breakfast? Manny is the wind!

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Gunna geta leg up on them! Manny starts following his nose.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
MannyGoblin wrote:

Since Manny is going to be the cook in the morning, now sounds like a good time to find out where he is going to cook!

Who is this Fishguts? Am I cooking fishguts for breakfast? Manny is the wind!

[dice=Stealth]1d20+12

Gunna geta leg up on them! Manny starts following his nose.

You need to roll too Manny


"Ambrose Kroop's me name. Second mate on The Wormwood. I see you are my new assistant. Hope you know a thing"
Most of the crew just call him Fishguts


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Laroisael wrote:

Ah, I forgot that I needed more Climb checks to come down, disregard my last post

Laroisael, realizing just how high she actually is, doesn't have the best grasp on the rope and plummets ungracefully to the deck.

falling damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6 Means you can still make your task roll.


Female Elf Bard [Archaeologist] 3/Fighter 1 | HP 20/28 | AC 15 | touch 13 | flat 12 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +11 | Archaeologist's Luck (+1, 3/6)

Laroisael cusses quite a bit on the impact, shakingly getting herself up. She would've said that was the stupidest thing she ever did...had she not have had ghost peppered spiced chicken and then down a mug of ale. Worst stomachache of her life.

Task: 1d6 ⇒ 3


M Goblin Rogue4HP 20/28,Init+4,F3R8W3Per9AC17T15FF13

Task: 1d6 ⇒ 3

I gotta get cooking! Can't be swabben! Potato to peel! Dog to coo...Err...Pig to cook! Biscuit to bake!


Male CG Halfling Martial Artist 4 | Init +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +2 | HP 25 | AC 19; T 19; FF 13 | CMB 4 | CMD +20 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +7 | Speed: 30 ft | Stunning Fist DC 15 Fort (4/day) |

When Nuts finishes addressing Plugg, a loud smack is heard behind him. He turns around to see Laroisael spread across the deck, and runs to the elf. "Heavens, that was loud! Are you okay?"

1 to 50 of 1,740 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / dot All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.