Qstor's 3.5e Kingdoms of Kalmar PbP Re-Recruitment

Game Master Qstor

3.5e game using Kalamar setting

Maps and handouts


451 to 500 of 987 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Rogue 2

Singol sways to a stop. He blinks and looks at Duraz. "That was amazing."

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz replies to Singol.

That was not me. I only represent the Stormlord's power here.

He, then, looks around and says This power doesn't last forever, though. We should quickly look in the cave and make our way out, before that creature decides it is brave enough to face us again. I do not promise I can repeat this feat next time.

Duraz promptly looks in the cave using his lit shield as light source.


female Human
Spoiler:
AC 13/T11/FF12 HP 11/11 F+2 R+1 W+6 Init +1 Perception +8 CMD 13
Shaman

Laying her hand on Duraz arm Thilla gives him a warm smile.
"I feel quite happy to have you as a comrade. The fortunes smile on our journey just by having you in our presence!"

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Come, Thilla, we are all capable here, in our own ways. I appreciate the compliment, now do not tempt me into arrogance. One can see that Duraz is clearly blushing.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Sorry for the delay. I was still stick yesterday. I moved the tokens up, of folks on Slide 2

The party advances down the narrow dark tunnel led by the clerics light.

GM screen:
Duraz Listen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Marianna listen: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

Thilla listen: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Jon listen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Singol: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

The party hears something say in Common up ahead from the tunnel "Gurthak what that? You near noise?"

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz says bravely Who's there?

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

A rough inhuman voice calls out loudly "Who that?!? What password?"

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz whispers to his companions: Do we know any passwords?


Male l Human l Conjurer Specialist 1 l HP 5/5 l AC:12 Touch:12 Flat:10 l Fort 1 Ref 2 Will 2 l Init 6 l
Spells:
0-lvl: Acid Splash l Detect Magic l Read Magic ; Disrupt Undead 1-lvl: Summon Monster 1 l Mage Armor l Grease l Enlarge Person
Skills:
Concentration 3, Decipher Scripty 5, Arcana 8, Dungeoneering 8, History 5, Local 5, Nature 8, Religion 8, Planes 8, Spellcraft 8

“Passwords? Oh yes I know years and years of passwords... the the one this creature speaks of is unknown to me.”

From its rough inhuman voice, can I make some kind of check to see if I know if this is the same kind of creature or something different?

Knowledge Check: 1d20 ⇒ 18 +8 if Arcanna/Dungeoneering/Nature/Religion/Planes. +5 if History/Local


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

[B]"I imagine we'll need to use our swords as the password."[/] Marianna whispers.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Alurad:
You think they're grimlocks

Anyone else? Combat time?


Male Halfling Rogue 2

Singol moves forward quietly and presses himself against the northern cave wall near Duraz. He loads his crossbow.

He whispers "do we want to do this?"


Male l Human l Conjurer Specialist 1 l HP 5/5 l AC:12 Touch:12 Flat:10 l Fort 1 Ref 2 Will 2 l Init 6 l
Spells:
0-lvl: Acid Splash l Detect Magic l Read Magic ; Disrupt Undead 1-lvl: Summon Monster 1 l Mage Armor l Grease l Enlarge Person
Skills:
Concentration 3, Decipher Scripty 5, Arcana 8, Dungeoneering 8, History 5, Local 5, Nature 8, Religion 8, Planes 8, Spellcraft 8

Placing a hand on Singol “I knew the creature sounded familiar, it only took a few moments for me to put a finger on it. It sounds like a Grimlock. They are blind, but they can have exceptional hearing and smell. Even more, they can almost sense what is around them. If we do get into a battle here, I wonder if those of us who are out of spells could throw rocks around it to confuse where we really are...”

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

The voice calls out again "Hunh..what password?"

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz thinks for a while. He didn't know much about grimlocks, but he's sure they're nasty. Maybe I can confuse them. They'll probably know we're close, so we can't really surprise them. If they're confused long enough, at least we can get even ground if they decide to attack.

Duraz calls out Django unchained. Yeees, that new password that bossman told me. He made an effort to sound like one of them.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

The voice answers back "That wrong! Intruders!"

GM screen:
Duraz Int: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Alurad Int: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Marianna Int: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Thilla: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Jon: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Singol: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Bad guys: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Combat!

Bold are up

Thilla
Bad guys
Singol
Alurad
Marianna
Jon
Duraz

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Bold are up

Thilla delays

Thilla
Bad guys
Singol
Alurad
Marianna
Jon
Duraz

The grimlocks move up and one tries to hit Duraz. But he swings in the air.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

amage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

check the slides for party order :)

The rest of the party is up

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

How many grimlocks are there? Why didn't the other attack me? Out of range?

Duraz swings his new mace to the grimlock that tried to hit him, using his lit shield as a light source.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Unfortunately he was too arrogant from killing the spore with one spear throw and turning the ghost, so he didn't put much effort in his swing and missed wildly.


female Human
Spoiler:
AC 13/T11/FF12 HP 11/11 F+2 R+1 W+6 Init +1 Perception +8 CMD 13
Shaman

Thilla looks at the row and the small corridor and takes care now one surprises them from the back.


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

Not sure if my map isn't loading right or if im just missing where the bad guys are.

Mirianna moves to attack with her rapier!

Mwk Rapier: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Question for the DM. Is Singol where his icon is shown on the slide, or did he get to move close to Duraz before combat started? (see my above post from June 28th.) I'm not sure if even a halfling can fit in a partial square.

If Singol is at his original position, then he moves to north of Alurad. If he is up next to Duraz, he fires the crossbow at the grimlock #2.

Sovereign Court

Male NG | Human | Fighter 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | F +6 R +0 W +2 | Init +0 | Spot +2

I'm not seeing a current slide. But if it's only one enemy...

DM, are they carrying/using any weapons/armor? Contemplating sundering, though may not be needed in this combat

Jon moves closer to attack the blind grimlock.

attack: 1d20 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 + 3 + 1 = 18
dmg: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Duraz Carron wrote:

How many grimlocks are there? Why didn't the other attack me? Out of range?

There's 2. The other one was hanging back.

Michael Lyons 953 wrote:

Question for the DM. Is Singol where his icon is shown on the slide, or did he get to move close to Duraz before combat started? (see my above post from June 28th.) I'm not sure if even a halfling can fit in a partial square.

If Singol is at his original position, then he moves to north of Alurad. If he is up next to Duraz, he fires the crossbow at the grimlock #2.

I just placed people there. You can move up and I'll move the token

Jon Fiddle wrote:

I'm not seeing a current slide. But if it's only one enemy...

It's on Slide 2. Sorry it's hard to see on a phone I imagine.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Duraz and Mirianna miss the grimlocks. While Singol moves up. Jon moves up to a clear square and slashes at the creature nearly killing it.
Thilla guards the back of the narrow tunnel.

Bold are up

Thilla
Bad guys

Singol
Alurad
Marianna
Jon
Duraz

The grimlock swings back at Jon. But it's swing goes wide. It's companion hangs back.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

the tunnel is 5' wide Duraz and Jon aren't squeezing now but if people stay up their they'll take the -4 to hit

Thilla is up again


female Human
Spoiler:
AC 13/T11/FF12 HP 11/11 F+2 R+1 W+6 Init +1 Perception +8 CMD 13
Shaman

As she is not good with her polearm in the middle of a corridor Thilla feels that her best option is to guard the 6.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Thilla hangs back in the tight cavern passage.

fyi the tunnel is 5' wide Duraz and Jon aren't squeezing now but if people stay up their they'll take the -4 to hit

Bold are up

Thilla
Bad guys
Singol
Alurad
Marianna
Jon
Duraz

damage - grimlock 1 10

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz tries to finish off the grimlock.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Halfling Rogue 2

Singol sees that Jon and Duraz seem to have the situation in hand. He doesn't want to interfer with them so he stays put with the hand crossbow ready.


Male l Human l Conjurer Specialist 1 l HP 5/5 l AC:12 Touch:12 Flat:10 l Fort 1 Ref 2 Will 2 l Init 6 l
Spells:
0-lvl: Acid Splash l Detect Magic l Read Magic ; Disrupt Undead 1-lvl: Summon Monster 1 l Mage Armor l Grease l Enlarge Person
Skills:
Concentration 3, Decipher Scripty 5, Arcana 8, Dungeoneering 8, History 5, Local 5, Nature 8, Religion 8, Planes 8, Spellcraft 8

Remembering about their senses, Alurad grabs a hand full of rocks and tries to throw them around the Grimlock hoping it will mess with their ability to find his allies.

Sovereign Court

Male NG | Human | Fighter 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | F +6 R +0 W +2 | Init +0 | Spot +2

Jon tries to finish the Grimlock off

attack: 1d20 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 3 + 1 = 23
dmg: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

The first grimlock falls to Jon's strike.

The rest of the party is up!

sorry for the delay. I went out of town and was going family stuff over the weekend and 4th holiday and my bday

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Happy bday! Also, Thilla and Mirianna are up, right? Rest of the party acted already, I think.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Duraz Carron wrote:
Happy bday! Also, Thilla and Mirianna are up, right? Rest of the party acted already, I think.

Thanks! Yeah...I'll just bot them if they don't post by tomorrow


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

Not seeing a path forward to get an attack in, Mirianna casts Dancing lights and directs the lights around the corner to ensure proper lighting for her companions.

Yeah, we were travelling the long weekend as well.


female Human
Spoiler:
AC 13/T11/FF12 HP 11/11 F+2 R+1 W+6 Init +1 Perception +8 CMD 13
Shaman

Thilla keeps doing rearguard.


female Human
Spoiler:
AC 13/T11/FF12 HP 11/11 F+2 R+1 W+6 Init +1 Perception +8 CMD 13
Shaman

She then whispers to Alurad "If we change places I can aid Jon!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

The grimlock swings at Duraz. But nearly drops his weapon.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

"Intruders!" he cries again.

bold are up again

Singol
Alurad
Marianna
Jon
Duraz

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz takes advantage of the grimlock's imbalance.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Sovereign Court

Male NG | Human | Fighter 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | F +6 R +0 W +2 | Init +0 | Spot +2

Jon moves to assist Duraz with the next Grimlock

attack: 1d20 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 3 + 1 = 6

Fumble rules? Or just a miss?

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Jon Fiddle wrote:

Jon moves to assist Duraz with the next Grimlock

[dice=attack]1d20+1+3+1

Fumble rules? Or just a miss?

just a miss

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

I'll bot Marianna, Singol and Alurad, to move along with penalty for shooting into combat

crossbow: 1d20 ⇒ 15

crossbow: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

crossbow: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5

damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

The grimlock swings at Jon. above, And steps back.

damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

damage grimlock 8, jon 5

bold are up again

Singol
Alurad
Marianna
Jon
Duraz

botting Jon

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

crit confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

damage: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (7, 4) + 6 = 17

With a mighty swing Jon's longsword cuts at the neck of the grimlock slashing deep into the creature. In a heap of blood it drops to the ground.

Combat over!

Searching the bodies the party finds, 10 gold pieces in rough leather belt pouches and two battleaxes.

You heard down the tunnel "Morgrag is SOMETHING wrong down there?!?" another voice calls out "Yeah..what's wrong down there?"

You get the sense there's two more ahead

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Is someone listing the loot?

Seeing Jon's ugly gash, Duraz tries to clumsily tend to it while the group searches for loot.

Heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

As the new voices come out, Duraz looks at the party nervously. This light is too strong, they'll see it. Any ideas? Maybe ambush?, he whispers pointing to his shield.


Male Halfling Rogue 2

Singol looks at the creatures' faces. "Why no eyes? Could they enjoy a layer cake?"

He looks up at Duraz. "I don't think these creatures can see the light. I'm guessing we'll be facing the same creatures again."

Sovereign Court

Male NG | Human | Fighter 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | F +6 R +0 W +2 | Init +0 | Spot +2

Jon winces a bit in pain, the Grimlock having managed to get past his armor. Jon intended to get full plate at some point in the future; Still this being the first time he'd gotten hurt in the flurry of short fights since they arrived here to deal with vermin.

Jon holds still letting Duraz look over and attempt to bandage or manage the wound in magical or mundane ways.

"Thank you... I think i need more armor." he comments to himself. Thankfully he wasn't profusely bleeding (it could have also just been a large bruise as much as a simple cut).

So far Jon was fairly impressed with the new magic sword they'd found.


female Human
Spoiler:
AC 13/T11/FF12 HP 11/11 F+2 R+1 W+6 Init +1 Perception +8 CMD 13
Shaman

Thilla slowly moves forward and looks Jon in the eye.
"You fight bravely. The ancestors look favoribly to men like this. But maybe we can try a more open space next time! So that we can better aid you."

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

The voice calls out again "What's wrong down there?"

What do you do? Rest or continue? :)

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Do any of you want to impersonate the fallen grimlock? Or shall we just move forward?, Duraz says worriedly.


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

"I can't say that I have the ability to do so. Perhaps it's best to proceed with blades drawn?"


Male l Human l Conjurer Specialist 1 l HP 5/5 l AC:12 Touch:12 Flat:10 l Fort 1 Ref 2 Will 2 l Init 6 l
Spells:
0-lvl: Acid Splash l Detect Magic l Read Magic ; Disrupt Undead 1-lvl: Summon Monster 1 l Mage Armor l Grease l Enlarge Person
Skills:
Concentration 3, Decipher Scripty 5, Arcana 8, Dungeoneering 8, History 5, Local 5, Nature 8, Religion 8, Planes 8, Spellcraft 8

Writhing from frustration; “I cannot believe I allowed myself to come so ill prepared... I do have the ability to produce specific sounds, but I would need to spend sometime in study. I don’t have one to draw, but Mirianna might be right with proceeding with blades drawn.”

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Attack? Rest?

The voice calls out again "Morgrag?"

451 to 500 of 987 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Qstor's 3.5e Kingdoms of Kalmar PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.