Qstor's 3.5e Kingdoms of Kalmar PbP Re-Recruitment

Game Master Qstor

3.5e game using Kalamar setting

Maps and handouts


601 to 650 of 962 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

"Me please...thanks Miss" says the halfling putting the money in his pocket.

The rest of the party notices the human woman in the Inn, talking to the staff about lodging

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz steps up to the patron talking about the drunk merchant Muridnay and says Hello there, friend. Tell me more of this rat-face thing? I love these stories!

The cleric notices the woman talking to the inn worker and takes her for someone who came for the festival. He hopes she won't be any trouble. He means to talk to her after getting information about the rat people to be certain.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

The merchant runs to Duraz "Oh he was seen about town breaking into a barn at night. I didn't see it myself actually"

everyone here?'

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz shivers at the thought of a rat-like person wondering about town. Could it be this woman who just got here?, he wonders. Which farm was it?, the cleric says loudly enough for the woman to hear. If she was somehow involved, this conversation should at least make her nervous, he thought. Has the town militia heard of this trespassing?

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

"It was Hennrick's farm just west of town" He scratches his head. "Militia...nah we didn't bother"

The server comes around and brings the party another round of drinks.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz thanks the merchant and buys him a drink.

How much shall I deduce from my savings?

He turns to the group and asks Say, what do you say we check out this farm?, while looking for a response from his provocation by the newcomer.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Duraz Carron wrote:

Duraz thanks the merchant and buys him a drink.

How much shall I deduce from my savings?

He turns to the group and asks Say, what do you say we check out this farm?, while looking for a response from his provocation by the newcomer.

one sp

The merchant turns to Duraz. "Thanks sir" He gets up and walks over to a group of merchants at a side table.


Female Human Conjurer 2

Kathe takes her belongings to her room despite the loud conversation about a rat-faced individual, dismissing it as idiomatic for some untrustworthy individual. She gathers her notepad and leaves the room soon after intending on checking on the winged creature to satisfy the mild curiosity and the growing mental list of what the creature could be.

"There was another conjurer out this way..." she mutters aloud, hearing about another in the area and then proceeding to think on the hypotehtical situation of running into them. She did like meeting others like herself who enjoyed poking holes in the fabric of the plains and calling for aide.


Male Halfling Rogue 2
Duraz Carron wrote:

Duraz thanks the merchant and buys him a drink.

He turns to the group and asks Say, what do you say we check out this farm?, while looking for a response from his provocation by the newcomer.

"I suppose we should. Where is this farm in relation to Vlan's temple? No, its a tomb, not a temple."

Singol calls to the halfling lad to order some more raisin bread and cheese. "Got a busy morning brewing. Say, do you have any apple butter?"

"So, this giant winged creature. I wonder if I could ride it."


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

"Ay, I suppose we should check it out. Though hopefully it will go better than yesterday, right lads?" Anyways, I'm feeling up for it" with that, Mirianna downs the remainder of her drink and tips the barkeep.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz finishes his breakfast and says with a half full mouth Very well, Singol, we stop by the market to appreciate the winged creature before heading out to the farm, how does that sound?

He nods after Mirianna comments the misfortunes of the day before. After a few minutes in his room to put on his armor, he shows up fully geared at the tavern door to wait for everyone to get ready.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

The tavern keeper watches the party assemble as they head out.

pause, I think I found a new player for a fighter/paladin


Male Halfling Rogue 2
Duraz Carron wrote:

Duraz finishes his breakfast and says with a half full mouth Very well, Singol, we stop by the market to appreciate the winged creature before heading out to the farm, how does that sound?

He nods after Mirianna comments the misfortunes of the day before. After a few minutes in his room to put on his armor, he shows up fully geared at the tavern door to wait for everyone to get ready.

Thank you, Duraz. Singol bows to the cleric.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz bows back to Singol.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 2nd | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 FF: 13 T: 15 | Initiative: +4 | Spot: +5 Listen: +5 Search: +3 | Speed: 30’

A medium sized fellow in a cloak walks into the tavern, longbow slung around his shoulder, and eyes the room...seeing a group conversing, he warily approaches their table.

He bows before pulling back the hood of his cloak to reveal long wavy brown hair and a face with sharp Elven features. ”Excuse the intrusion...but I heard a rumor that a party matching your description recently had an excursion at some nearby ruins and encountered the undead. Pray tell me, is this so?”

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz looks at the newcomer, impressed that an elf would so boldly reveal his nature in a town of xenophobes. He double checks that no one was particularly bothered by this.

Tell me, warrior, do you travel with the other elves who are looking for help with their tomb? If so, we've agreed to help them already. he says, somewhat bothered by the sudden interruption.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 2nd | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 FF: 13 T: 15 | Initiative: +4 | Spot: +5 Listen: +5 Search: +3 | Speed: 30’

Haldyr nods to the cleric. ”No, sir, I travel...alone. I hunt the undead...for...a personal reason...”

The Elf shakes his head. ”Forgive my manners...we Wood Elves are not known for our social graces. Haldyr, at your service.” He bows again.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz relaxes some after the introduction. I am Duraz, cleric of the Stormlord, he says with a curtly bow. Some adventurers and I went investigate some vermin that had been spotted somewhere close to here. An apparition of some sort attacked us, but was scared away at the sight of the Stormlord's power, the cleric says with some glee.

Even though undead are not our primary concern right now, we did promise a group of elves to go look for a tomb of their ancestors. I cannot promise you to find undead, but they usually linger in tombs. You are welcome to join in this expedition if you want. He looks to the group and asks isn't he, folks?

Duraz did, however, leave out the part of the ghostly horse they had seen in the town cemetery.


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

Mirianna nods at Haldyr, "Well, another elf is welcome, even if you are a wood elf. I am called Mirianna, a dancer. I am glad to have another companion in this area. Things have gone, less than well to date."

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

off to check out the fantastic beast?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 2nd | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 FF: 13 T: 15 | Initiative: +4 | Spot: +5 Listen: +5 Search: +3 | Speed: 30’

Haldyr bows curtly to the Grey Elf. "Greetings from the woods, m'Lady. What manner of I'll luck have you run into, lately? And what manner of undead have you faced?"

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

An apparition., Duraz repeats. After a brief moment to recall more.Allip would be the proper classification, I believe, he continues, imitating some scholar's mannerisms. One could see he did not have a proper education.

I think we will go to the fantastic beast before heading out to the farm, although Haldyr is only likely to officially join next week when we go look for the elves' tombs.

Sovereign Court

Male NG | Human | Fighter 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | F +6 R +0 W +2 | Init +0 | Spot +2

Jon sits quietly with the group up until meeting the elf; And the talk of even more glorious adventures, including a winged magical creature as likely the next adventure.

It sounded interesting, fun even. But after barely surviving recently with the grimlocks in the caves, and still rather new to this group his heart didn't feel in it just yet. Even so, fighting for the one lady's honor in a duel still sounded like something he'd have enjoyed doing. But this set of recent adventures didn't feel like his calling... Not yet. Not with other obligations to be met.

"I must apologize." he says suddenly addressing the group and standing up. "While we haven't known eachother long, and have fought against rats, undead and blind monstrosities in the caves, I am not sure i can stay with you for the remainder of your journey now that we are safely here. So i think i shall disembark by myself."

John gives a sigh, maybe of relief, something off his shoulders, a nagging that had been with him since they were fighting in the caves. He'd tried to be a shield, and multiple party members had still fallen. He also had almost fallen, save for divine magic that had healed and beating a hasty retreat with their unconscious comrades.

Reaching down he undoes from his belt the magic +1 sword they'd gotten earlier putting it on the table, sheathed as it was. "It would feel wrong if i kept this" under his breath he adds as nice a blade as it is. "Perhaps when my own issues are resolved and i am better prepared, I might join up again."

Jon stands, giving a slight bow to the group he'd been with shortly overall, placing a few coins also down to pay for his drink and meal before heading out.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz sets his right hand on Jon's shoulder and says The path of the strong men is a hard one. May the Storm accompany you in your journey, for your mighty arm will know where to strike and find its eye.

He offers his god a short prayer, then lets go of his companion. He, then, looks away.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 2nd | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 FF: 13 T: 15 | Initiative: +4 | Spot: +5 Listen: +5 Search: +3 | Speed: 30’

Haldyr observes the man leave the party. After the man goes through the door, the Elf shrugs. ”It would appear you are a man down...I will join you on your current quest, if you wish...provided you show me this tomb of which you speak soon thereafter...”

Sovereign Court

Male NG | Human | Fighter 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | F +6 R +0 W +2 | Init +0 | Spot +2

Jon nods in acknowledgement to Duraz, placing his hand on Duraz's shoulder in return. "And i wish you well too, miracle worker. I will give one important piece of advice before i leave........"

The pause lasts several seconds, before he gives it. "... Don't die ..."

He gives one last look among the other party members.

To Mirianna "I wish i could have seen you dance more..."

Alurad, Thilla and Singol he wasn't sure what else to say. Each with their own unique skills. He gives each a firm handshake before he is off.

I can't tell what became of Alurad... Other than IRL stuff keeping him busy. I'm sure it will get figured out

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz listens to Haldyr's proposal silently. You speak true. And this group was formed in a very..., he struggles to find the correct word. After saying a few words in orcish, he completes in the merchant's tongue sudden way.

I do not object, he completes, looking at the rest of the group wondering if someone would object.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Jon Fiddle wrote:


I can't tell what became of Alurad... Other than IRL stuff keeping him busy. I'm sure it will get figured out

he withdrew

A crowd has gathered in the market square not far from the inn.
Kids dart amongst the crowd for a better view.
A side show barker stands in center aside a covered wagon.
"Step right up, see the fantastic
hippogriff! It’s a magnificent, magical winged beast the
likes of which you’ll never forget!
Just one copper
stone for an exciting glimpse that will last a lifetime."
A small crowd of about eight people begins to mill
around the cart and fumble through their coin pouches
to find their payment. Just then, there is a terrible
screech from inside the cart and a popping sound.
Before you know it, a flying beast emerges, with broken
chains on its limbs and an angry scowl.

it looks scared more than anything

GM screen:
Duraz Int: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Marianna Int: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Haldyr: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Singol: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
creature: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

I rolled INT to see what you guys do

The party is up

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz looks at the scene and, after the first scare is by, he smiles. The creature that breaks its chains is one blessed by the Stormlord. Knowing the simplicity of the folk, he realizes they will panic, probably hurting themselves. He looked around trying to see if someone was about to be in immediate danger.

Spot: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Male Halfling Rogue 2

Earlier to Jon. Singol shakes his hand. Good luck, Jon. Stay alive.

To Haldyr. Well met, Haldyr. I am Singol. I am new here myself.

Singol looks around at the group.

Down three, up one from yesterday. We can do this, right?


Male Halfling Rogue 2

Ooh! A hippogrift! Whatever that is.

Singol quickly pulls out a copper piece. Followed quickly by Oh *#$%@!

His action is to put the copper piece back, and pull out his short sword. Singol is trying to keep one eye on the hippogriff and one eye on the party.


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

"Ehy, do any of you have skill with beasts?" Mirianna asked, gently unsheathing her masterwork rapier, "we'd be better to calm the beast than slay it, if we could."

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Duraz Carron wrote:
He looked around trying to see if someone was about to be in immediate danger.

The crowd has drawn back.

you guys can "act"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 2nd | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 FF: 13 T: 15 | Initiative: +4 | Spot: +5 Listen: +5 Search: +3 | Speed: 30’

Haldyr nods to the halfling, hiding a frown, wondering if that's the dude's name or his marital status. "Haldyr, at your service."

Looking at the task at hand, Haldyr shrugs. "I have little skill with animals...but I have a rope...I could try to lasso it till the trainers can reach it and calm them down...unless someone has a better idea..."

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz looks at Haldyr approvingly. I think we should try to Lasso it. I'll help you bring it down., he says confident that the two of them can bring it down together.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 2nd | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 FF: 13 T: 15 | Initiative: +4 | Spot: +5 Listen: +5 Search: +3 | Speed: 30’

Haldyr nods to Duraz and, with rope ready, he'll mix in with the crowd and market trying to hide his approach to the creature, moving silently as he goes...

Hide: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Move Silently: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

...and when he gets in range, he tries to toss the lasso over the creature's head and hold tight for life...

Use Rope: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

If successful, he'll holler out, "Could use a little help here!"

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz runs over to Haldyr and helps him hold the beast.

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 2nd | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 FF: 13 T: 15 | Initiative: +4 | Spot: +5 Listen: +5 Search: +3 | Speed: 30’

oops, forgot strength check...

Flyn nods to Duraz in appreciation, and holding on the the rope tightly and digging his fit into the ground for leverage...

Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

The party is able to restrain the hippogriff in appreciation from the carnival master. He approaches the party "Thank you sirs and madames!" He bows. "Can you help me get it back in the cage?"

Haldyr:
You notice some of the crowd starring at your

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 2nd | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 FF: 13 T: 15 | Initiative: +4 | Spot: +5 Listen: +5 Search: +3 | Speed: 30’

Haldyr bows to the carnival master. ”Glad to be of assistance, sir.”. Cognizant of the crowd, he dons his hood to cover his ears and helps the carnival master get the hippogriff back in the cage...

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

The hippogriff gets into the cage with a bit of coxing from the party.

"Thank you again" the man says, "It can be yours for 3,000 gold"

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Satisfied with Haldyr's joint effort, Duraz accepts the carnival master's gratitude and dismisses his offer. But he waits back thinking the others might want to negotiate. He watches the beast in the meantime, gleeful that he didn't need to pay to see it, nor wait in line.


Male Halfling Rogue 2

Singol sighs in relief as the hippogriff is restrained. Great job, Duraz and Haldyr!

Watching the hippogriff being re-caged clouds Singol's relief.

Tis a small cage for such a huge bird-thing. 3000 gold, no chance of that.


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

"Aye, I've not seen that much gold in one place, much less in my pocket!"

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

So, we've seen the winged beast. Shall we move on to the farm?, Duraz said hoping the beast wouldn't get loose again.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Kathe feel free to jump in you see the party subdue the hippogriff


Female Human Conjurer 2

"That was rather impressive the way you handled that creature," Kathe says as she approaches the elf and human that helped secure the beast, but her eyes take in the basiran and halfling at the same time. "I assume you are part of a group together? Might I ask of you if there's another conjurer from one of the twelve circles here? I heard word of one, but... well..."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 2nd | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 FF: 13 T: 15 | Initiative: +4 | Spot: +5 Listen: +5 Search: +3 | Speed: 30’

Haldyr bows to the lady. ”Thank you, m’Lady...thought I might be a bit rusty with the rope, but I guess it worked out. Wouldn’t have been able to hold him without my friend here...

“I’ve only just joined this troupe, so I’m afraid one of the others might best answer your query. Oh, and excuse my manners...Haldyr, at your service...”

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Does Duraz know the answer to Kathe's question?

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

[ooc]yeah she was talking about Alurad Sorizan. We'll say he had a letter from his aged mother and had to travel to care for her'[/b]

The party knows the farm is about a 20 minute walk outside the village.

601 to 650 of 962 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Qstor's 3.5e Kingdoms of Kalmar PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.