Qstor's 3.5e Kingdoms of Kalmar PbP Re-Recruitment

Game Master Qstor

3.5e game using Kalamar setting

Maps and handouts


901 to 950 of 987 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Rogue 2

Singol attacks again. He'll try to move into a position to flank with Haldyr if possible.

short sword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 2nd | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 FF: 13 T: 15 | Initiative: +4 | Spot: +5 Listen: +5 Search: +3 | Speed: 30’

Haldyr will drop his bow, moving into flanking position with Singol while drawing his sword, and striking two-handed...

Magic Sword: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 19
Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Haldyr grabs the magic sword and it strikes true. Singol's and Duraz's blow have little or no effective on the magical
creature made of chalk.

botting Mirianna

Mwk rapier: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

She misses.

It attacks Singol and the eleven dancer again.

slam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

slam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

damage Singol 11, Mirianna 5, golem 12

party is up.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 2nd | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 FF: 13 T: 15 | Initiative: +4 | Spot: +5 Listen: +5 Search: +3 | Speed: 30’

Haldyr has another go at the creature...

Magic Sword: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 26
Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz uses his spell energy to cure Singol.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Halfling Rogue 2

The chalk statue strikes a mighty blow against Singol. His world goes dark as the halfling crumples to the ground, his sword clattering against the stone.

Singol awakes with a start, his entire body tingling with a divine spark. He coughs as he breathes in chalk dust.

He reaches for his short sword.


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

rapier: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Duraz heals the halfling and the rangers magic sword cuts easily into it's side. While the dancer's blade doesn't do any damage. It swings at the elven dancer. But both it's arms flail about.

slam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

slam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

party is up again

damage Mirianna 5, golem 19


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

Mirianna swings again, ignoring her wounds:

MWK Rapier: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Halfling Rogue 2

Singol attacks the golem while remaining on the ground.

short sword: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Halfling Rogue 2

At least Singol and Mirianna are getting great attack rolls :)

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz attempts to finish the golem off.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

@Singol: Well, somebody has to....

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

I pinged the Haldyr's player to see if he's still around

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Haldyr is awol

He swings with the magic sword and connects with the creature.

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

It swings at Singol.

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

damage golem 24

party is up again


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

MWK Rapier: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 2nd | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 FF: 13 T: 15 | Initiative: +4 | Spot: +5 Listen: +5 Search: +3 | Speed: 30’

Haldyr swings again with his magic sword...

Magic Sword: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 16
Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Am I to understand that Singol is badly hurt?


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

I think Singol is at 3/14 and I am at 5/10

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Unfortunately I'm out of spells.

Duraz swings his light mace hoping to finally fell the golem, flanking with Singol.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Halfling Rogue 2
Duraz Carron wrote:
Am I to understand that Singol is badly hurt?

You could say that. Both attacks landed, since Singol was prone. He is down and out again.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

you guys figured out it has DR 5/magic. It's taken 31 points of damge

did you want to withdraw?

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

As the halfling drops, the golem swings at Halydr

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

But the clumsy construct misses.

Party is up again!

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Seeing they were falling and were unsuccessful in bringing down the golem, Duraz says "I don't think this is working. Maybe pull back?"


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

"Nothing I do seems to affect this pile of stone!"

Full withdraw

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 2nd | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 FF: 13 T: 15 | Initiative: +4 | Spot: +5 Listen: +5 Search: +3 | Speed: 30’

Did my previous attack hit it (16 to hit, 7 damage)?

"Be hard to pull back with Singol down...get him out of harm's way, I'll try to hold it off..."

Haldyr swings again at the construct...

Magic Sword: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 19
Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz reaches Singol and carries him out.

Provoking AoO

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

@Haldyr yeah sorry. It's taken 40 points of damage so far. It's "bloodied"

Duraz Carron wrote:

Duraz reaches Singol and carries him out.

Provoking AoO

The construct swings at Duraz. But it's swing was slow and the blow goes wide.

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Do we succeed in disengaging?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 2nd | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 FF: 13 T: 15 | Initiative: +4 | Spot: +5 Listen: +5 Search: +3 | Speed: 30’

Since it's 'bloodied', might be best if Haldyr sees what he can do with the sword, at least till he gets hit a time or two...y'all can see if you can revive Singol in the meantime...

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

I'm out of healing spells... And it has 2 attacks per round. Well, I'll rejoin the fray if you think we can make it...

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Singol is up

botting, I see what he meant now

He tries to stabilize.

*GM Fiat - house rule dead at negative Con like in Pathfinder*

1d10 ⇒ 6

@Duraz no one used the potion from here to my knowledge, cause Singol is very close to death

@Halydr yeah it's having a hard time hitting you and I think you're at full health

The slow lumbering construct swings at the elf.

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

But misses again.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 2nd | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 FF: 13 T: 15 | Initiative: +4 | Spot: +5 Listen: +5 Search: +3 | Speed: 30’

Haldyr has yet another go at the construct, wondering what's holding the creature up...

Magic Sword: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 17
Magic Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Haldyr wrote:

Haldyr has yet another go at the construct, wondering what's holding the creature up...

[Dice=Magic Sword]1d20+4+1+2
[Dice=Magic Damage]1d6+3+1

The magical blade slashes deep at the chalk creature. It hangs by a thread!

The rest of the party is up!

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Forgot to look for loot. I was sure we had no pots! Thanks!

Duraz uncorks the healing potion and drains it down Singol's throat.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Halfling Rogue 2
Duraz Carron wrote:

Forgot to look for loot. I was sure we had no pots! Thanks!

Duraz uncorks the healing potion and drains it down Singol's throat.

[dice=CLW]1d8+1

Duraz can hold off on the potion. I went back through the past few dozen posts. I must have got confused and counted some damage twice. Singol is actually barely up. Still ineffective in this battle as well. Maybe he passed out from massive damage, a concussion maybe. That sounds good.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

I'm going to call it. The golem has 2 hit points left. Heading back to town to rest?

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Call what? Did we kill it?

Liberty's Edge

male PFS VL in MD
Duraz Carron wrote:
Call what? Did we kill it?

the fight with the golem sorry. It had 2 hit points.


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

So, I'm finding the Dancer class to be incredibly underpowered and not contributing much to the party. . . I don't know for sure how the rest of the adventure goes, but I'm afraid that I need to either bow out or rebuild because I'm getting the feeling that Basiran Dancer is just too hyper focused on social encounters to have much value.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Mirianna Tangier wrote:
So, I'm finding the Dancer class to be incredibly underpowered and not contributing much to the party. . . I don't know for sure how the rest of the adventure goes, but I'm afraid that I need to either bow out or rebuild because I'm getting the feeling that Basiran Dancer is just too hyper focused on social encounters to have much value.

Rebuild is fine. I'm flexible!


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

Thanks- I'll look at options. Will stay Marianna and look to rebuild either as a martial build that can do more damage or a caster with better spell list.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

After defeating the golem, Duraz searches the room for anything he might find interesting.

Spot: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

let's move the rebuild to the discussion thread :)

Duraz looks around but doesn't see anything apart from the remains of the golem.

It's eerily quiet as well.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 2nd | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 FF: 13 T: 15 | Initiative: +4 | Spot: +5 Listen: +5 Search: +3 | Speed: 30’

Haldyr breathes a sigh of relief. ”I’m ready to go back to my bow...shall we head back to town for a breather?”

Not to mention, pick up the new guy! :)

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz agrees with Haldyr. He is tired and doesn't wish to rest in this crypt.


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

Mirianna nods, "I need rest to be certain."


Male Halfling Rogue 2

Singol pulls himself together. "What did that thing have against halflings? I'll be glad when my body stops hurting."

He picks up his gear and kicks at the remains of the golem.

"Why does Mirianna seem different?"


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

"I sense that I went into that place a different person, and I have returned stronger and more aware- a brush with death will have that effect occasionally, no?"

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

As they come to town, Duraz is silent and in deep thought. Everything he experienced since he arrived was odd and apparently disconnected. He asks [i]Stormlord, what is the meaning of this all?[/] in thought.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

artival:
You received a note from your old noble family. Please seek the merchant, Naversel in Inolen. It is rumored that
he has need of caravan guards and that his wagon trains were attacked in a marshy area by bullywugs. A foul creature to be sure. You can use us as a reference

Returning to the Fireside Inn, you find a warm spicy fish stew and fresh bread and cheese being served in the common room. Thurgald the innkeeper shouts at the serving maids. Pipe smoke hovers in the back corners.
Talk spreads about the upcoming tournament and of a merchant ship docked in the harbor. A man in fine clothes says in a loud voice as you pass "The merchants of the Golden Alliance have a strong presence in southern Eldor from Inolen to Dralven. In fact, they are looking for hired hands in Dralven."

The young woman Talla is anxious to have her champion defend her tomorrow, lest they forget. And news that an adventuring party has traveled to a ruin outside of town.

The group sees a man with very short reddish blonde hair enter. A merchant off to the side looks at him as he enters. The merchant buries his head in a mug of dark ale.

Duraz:
You get the sense that a big storm is coming from the east across the sea, in a few days

901 to 950 of 987 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Qstor's 3.5e Kingdoms of Kalmar PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.