Qstor's 3.5e Kingdoms of Kalmar PbP Re-Recruitment

Game Master Qstor

3.5e game using Kalamar setting

Maps and handouts


351 to 400 of 970 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male l Human l Conjurer Specialist 1 l HP 5/5 l AC:12 Touch:12 Flat:10 l Fort 1 Ref 2 Will 2 l Init 6 l
Spells:
0-lvl: Acid Splash l Detect Magic l Read Magic ; Disrupt Undead 1-lvl: Summon Monster 1 l Mage Armor l Grease l Enlarge Person
Skills:
Concentration 3, Decipher Scripty 5, Arcana 8, Dungeoneering 8, History 5, Local 5, Nature 8, Religion 8, Planes 8, Spellcraft 8

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Seeing the Fey creature cast the spell Alurad instantly recognizes this magic. “Grease!!! That thing has just cast grease on you. If you must move through that be cautious or you’ll fall. Two can play with spells!

Alurad flings and orb of acid towards the Fey but it goes wide. “I’ve got something else next for you...”

Spell:

Acid Splash: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Range Touch
Acid DMG: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Alurad, I think I'm being a non-team player here, but I recall 3.5 cantrips to expend, meaning you can't hurl acid splash indefinitely.


Male l Human l Conjurer Specialist 1 l HP 5/5 l AC:12 Touch:12 Flat:10 l Fort 1 Ref 2 Will 2 l Init 6 l
Spells:
0-lvl: Acid Splash l Detect Magic l Read Magic ; Disrupt Undead 1-lvl: Summon Monster 1 l Mage Armor l Grease l Enlarge Person
Skills:
Concentration 3, Decipher Scripty 5, Arcana 8, Dungeoneering 8, History 5, Local 5, Nature 8, Religion 8, Planes 8, Spellcraft 8

If that is the case then that is my bad. I did not realize that. I just looked through my 3.5 book and didn’t see anything either way, so I’d assume that you are correct. Good looking out!

Can I retcon my round DM?

Sovereign Court

Male NG | Human | Fighter 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | F +6 R +0 W +2 | Init +0 | Spot +2
Duraz Carron wrote:
Alurad, I think I'm being a non-team player here, but I recall 3.5 cantrips to expend, meaning you can't hurl acid splash indefinitely.

In PF and 4e/5e you can, as damage is equal to that of an arrow or so.

However in 3.5, there's 5 slots --ref-- (at 1st level), i don't think there's a bonus for more cantrips in 3.5 for high stats.


Male l Human l Conjurer Specialist 1 l HP 5/5 l AC:12 Touch:12 Flat:10 l Fort 1 Ref 2 Will 2 l Init 6 l
Spells:
0-lvl: Acid Splash l Detect Magic l Read Magic ; Disrupt Undead 1-lvl: Summon Monster 1 l Mage Armor l Grease l Enlarge Person
Skills:
Concentration 3, Decipher Scripty 5, Arcana 8, Dungeoneering 8, History 5, Local 5, Nature 8, Religion 8, Planes 8, Spellcraft 8

Redoing my round because i wouldn’t have that Acid Splash spell

Alurad begins channeling a new kind of energy and summons forth a Celestial Dog next to the Fey creature. It appears next to the fey creature and lets out a bite attack.

Celestial Dog Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Nat 1 for the win... lol
DMG: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

My class feature turns the full round into a standard summoning time, but it can only take a standard action and not a full round. It is also summoned with Augmented Summoning

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

thanks fine all.

the blob near the door disappears and the fey flies back and a vanishes. The dog missed the fey,

The rats move over Singol, Duraz, Jon and Thallia.

you can an AoO they're in your squares now. Singol Fort save please

damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Singol 2 damage, rats 6 damage

Singol is up again

Sovereign Court

Male NG | Human | Fighter 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | F +6 R +0 W +2 | Init +0 | Spot +2

AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 ; Dmg: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

AoO: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
DMG: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

botting Singol

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

He misses his AoO isn't nauseated and then steps out of the rats and tries to hit.

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

missed this below

Spellcraft DC 17:
the fey cast invisibility

Rest of the party is up!


Male l Human l Conjurer Specialist 1 l HP 5/5 l AC:12 Touch:12 Flat:10 l Fort 1 Ref 2 Will 2 l Init 6 l
Spells:
0-lvl: Acid Splash l Detect Magic l Read Magic ; Disrupt Undead 1-lvl: Summon Monster 1 l Mage Armor l Grease l Enlarge Person
Skills:
Concentration 3, Decipher Scripty 5, Arcana 8, Dungeoneering 8, History 5, Local 5, Nature 8, Religion 8, Planes 8, Spellcraft 8

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

“Blast! Where did that creature go. Attack the rats!!” Alurad barks off at the dog. The dog moves up and attacks. It gets a maw full of rats just as it dissipates before out eyes.

Dog attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
DMG: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Bites are piercing/slashing/bludgeoning when it comes to dmg type

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

I'm not really sure what to do here. Don't have any AoE

Spear attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male l Human l Conjurer Specialist 1 l HP 5/5 l AC:12 Touch:12 Flat:10 l Fort 1 Ref 2 Will 2 l Init 6 l
Spells:
0-lvl: Acid Splash l Detect Magic l Read Magic ; Disrupt Undead 1-lvl: Summon Monster 1 l Mage Armor l Grease l Enlarge Person
Skills:
Concentration 3, Decipher Scripty 5, Arcana 8, Dungeoneering 8, History 5, Local 5, Nature 8, Religion 8, Planes 8, Spellcraft 8

Im not sure about 3.5 but if the swarm is tiny weapons should be able to hurt it. It’s diminutive that only AoE can hurt it.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

I'm guessing I only do 1 dmg on non AoE hit


Male l Human l Conjurer Specialist 1 l HP 5/5 l AC:12 Touch:12 Flat:10 l Fort 1 Ref 2 Will 2 l Init 6 l
Spells:
0-lvl: Acid Splash l Detect Magic l Read Magic ; Disrupt Undead 1-lvl: Summon Monster 1 l Mage Armor l Grease l Enlarge Person
Skills:
Concentration 3, Decipher Scripty 5, Arcana 8, Dungeoneering 8, History 5, Local 5, Nature 8, Religion 8, Planes 8, Spellcraft 8

If it is a tiny sized swarm it is 1/2 damage from slashing/piercing and full damage from bludgeoning. If it is smaller than that then they are immune to any weapon damage.

K-Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 Trying to figure out the size of the swarm

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Alurad's dog and Duraz disburse the rats!

Everyone else is up!


Male Halfling Rogue 2

Singol curses at the rat bites. He stabs and kicks at the tiny vermin ineffectively.

Quote:
"Rats again!?"

With the rats gone (they are all gone?), he moves though the doorway into the room, short sword out. He is looking for the fey and any other enemies.

spot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

attack/AOO if needed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
sneak attack/flanking if needed: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Singol isn't able to find the fey.

Alurad and Duraz and Jon are up

not sure if we lost Marianna and the others

Sovereign Court

Male NG | Human | Fighter 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | F +6 R +0 W +2 | Init +0 | Spot +2

Spot check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Nope... one reason i'm not a fan of fighters

Jon looks in the room, though the likelihood of him finding anything is lower than most of the party. He takes a few moments to wipe his blade but doesn't sheath it, keeping it ready at his side.

"You said cold iron would be better on the fey? Anyone got something i can use instead? Or..." he looks to Alurad "Don't suppose you could do something? Seeing as you can do magic."

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz closes his eyes partially and focuses on listening, expecting the fey to be invisible.

Listen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Male l Human l Conjurer Specialist 1 l HP 5/5 l AC:12 Touch:12 Flat:10 l Fort 1 Ref 2 Will 2 l Init 6 l
Spells:
0-lvl: Acid Splash l Detect Magic l Read Magic ; Disrupt Undead 1-lvl: Summon Monster 1 l Mage Armor l Grease l Enlarge Person
Skills:
Concentration 3, Decipher Scripty 5, Arcana 8, Dungeoneering 8, History 5, Local 5, Nature 8, Religion 8, Planes 8, Spellcraft 8

Alurad is frustrated that he can no longer see the Fey. From where he is, Alurad tries to see if there are any tracks or markings on the floor from where it was or where it has moved to.

Spot: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

eventually your realize that he's not in the room and left invisible

Combat over

This simple room looks like it was once used as a
barracks. There are three wooden bunks, a wooden
bowl full of nuts and a small barrel in the corner. You
see another door and a stairway leading up to a trap
door on the east wall.

where to?


Male l Human l Conjurer Specialist 1 l HP 5/5 l AC:12 Touch:12 Flat:10 l Fort 1 Ref 2 Will 2 l Init 6 l
Spells:
0-lvl: Acid Splash l Detect Magic l Read Magic ; Disrupt Undead 1-lvl: Summon Monster 1 l Mage Armor l Grease l Enlarge Person
Skills:
Concentration 3, Decipher Scripty 5, Arcana 8, Dungeoneering 8, History 5, Local 5, Nature 8, Religion 8, Planes 8, Spellcraft 8

“I wonder why a Fey would call this place its home... we should be even more cautious as we move forward. We should check the door down here before moving upstairs....” Alurad looks to Jon and gives him a silent after you hand gesture.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz checks the bowl of nuts. He examines them to see if they're fresh. He checks whether there's something beneath them in the bowl. After, he checks the barrel and measures the bottom to see if there is a fake bottom.

Sovereign Court

Male NG | Human | Fighter 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | F +6 R +0 W +2 | Init +0 | Spot +2

His longsword was ill suited for close quarters and underground combat, as such he put his sword away for now and looked over the trapdoor for anything that might stand out as suspicious.

Spot: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Search: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Regardless Jon wasn't about to attempt to open it until everyone was ready to proceed, and seeing Duraz checking the barrel out, he waits.


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

hey guys, my annual training hit harder than expected and I've barely been able to get on the net at all, sorry, I'll be back to normal in about 2 more days and will try to update my action to current from my phone this afternoon.


Male Halfling Rogue 2

Singol trades his short sword for a dagger. He walks over to the door and pokes around with the dagger.
search for traps: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Singol didn't find any traps in the door.

Duraz didn't find anything in the barrel. All is quiet in the room.

what next?


Male l Human l Conjurer Specialist 1 l HP 5/5 l AC:12 Touch:12 Flat:10 l Fort 1 Ref 2 Will 2 l Init 6 l
Spells:
0-lvl: Acid Splash l Detect Magic l Read Magic ; Disrupt Undead 1-lvl: Summon Monster 1 l Mage Armor l Grease l Enlarge Person
Skills:
Concentration 3, Decipher Scripty 5, Arcana 8, Dungeoneering 8, History 5, Local 5, Nature 8, Religion 8, Planes 8, Spellcraft 8

Giving Jon a nod; “I think we are good to go...”

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz positions himself by the door, spear in hand. He checks to see if it's locked. If not, he puts the door on the doorknob and nods at Jon. At his signal, the cleric will open the door while ready to poke with the spear.


female Human
Spoiler:
AC 13/T11/FF12 HP 11/11 F+2 R+1 W+6 Init +1 Perception +8 CMD 13
Shaman

Thilla will ask her companion close to her and slowly follows Duraz!
Nodding to the others she grips her spear tighter, ready to fight ... or flee.

Sovereign Court

Male NG | Human | Fighter 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | F +6 R +0 W +2 | Init +0 | Spot +2

Jon seeing they are ready to go again redraws his sword, then opens the trap door with shield up to block anything that might immediately spring out.

Being as defensive as possible for the time being

Should nothing happen, he will slowly take the lead on the way down, checking to see if some of the steps feel weak or broken (and certainly hoping he doesn't tumble down)


Male Halfling Rogue 2

Singol will move to the door if it is locked. Otherwise he will take up position near Alurad. He has swapped the dagger for his short sword.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

A set of rickety wooden stairs leads down to a square dirt
cellar. A group of four dirty barrels stands in one corner. A narrow crack in the northeast corner of the
room extends into a rough dark passageway.

Spot or Search DC 15:
There's a sack of coins containing 20 gold pieces and a masterwork light mace stuck behind the barrels

opening the barrels:
the barrels contain sour wine.

sorry the map is a bit off


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

Spot: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Sorry again, I was so out of it, but I am back at home and off the road with consistent internet again.

Sovereign Court

Male NG | Human | Fighter 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | F +6 R +0 W +2 | Init +0 | Spot +2

spot: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Jon doesn't notice anything off hand looking around, seemingly more concerned with keeping his shield up and ready to block an attack likely from a rat from what he'd seen so far.

"After two hundred years... think they have anything of substance?" Jon asks. Assuming it was sealed it might contained something pickled... though it probably wouldn't taste very good (but probably wouldn't kill you), that or it seemed more likely it would have gone bad.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Throwing you guys a bone :) If someone takes 10 and with an aid you'll find the stuff behind the barrels

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz is self centered =)

Spot: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Looking around the room, Duraz notices something behind the barrels. He stretches his arm and pulls out a sack. Looking into it, he coughs from the dust and pulls out a weapon from the sack. It's a very well crafted light mace. He drops his shortspear and swings the mace with a satisfied smile.

I think this will do, he says, and without consulting the group, considers it as his.

Selfish acting for RP, but I'm open to discussion about this. If I keep it, I'm droping the spear due to excessive weight

There's some money in there too, he says expecting someone to count the 20 gold pieces inside and distributing it accordingly.

Should we procede into this hole on the wall? It seems like it could be dangerous, but exactly the kind of place the vermin that swarm this place would live in, he comments expecting Jon to lead them into the hole, half forgetting about the fey roaming freely about.


Male l Human l Conjurer Specialist 1 l HP 5/5 l AC:12 Touch:12 Flat:10 l Fort 1 Ref 2 Will 2 l Init 6 l
Spells:
0-lvl: Acid Splash l Detect Magic l Read Magic ; Disrupt Undead 1-lvl: Summon Monster 1 l Mage Armor l Grease l Enlarge Person
Skills:
Concentration 3, Decipher Scripty 5, Arcana 8, Dungeoneering 8, History 5, Local 5, Nature 8, Religion 8, Planes 8, Spellcraft 8

Sorry I’ve been away. My wife and I just had our second child Tuesday at 3 am. Back to action!

Spot: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Alurad looks over the mace that Duraz finds; “That is a great find! It must be exquisitely crafted to last in here all these years...” looking around as he humms’ “unless this place is also used as a bandit hideout.... Regardless, it seems the mace suits you well. Lets continue on.”

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.
Alurad Sorizan wrote:
Sorry I’ve been away. My wife and I just had our second child Tuesday at 3 am. Back to action![/b]

Congratulations, fellow wizard! Much happiness to you and your growing family.


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

"through the home it is then- do you humans need torch light to proceed?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

congrats on the new baby! hope mom and baby are doing well!

down the tunnel? There's the towers upstairs too that you haven't explored


Male Halfling Rogue 2

Congratulations on the new baby!

Singol will check the opening in the wall for traps.

search: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Quote:
"We'll need light if we go into this passage."


Male l Human l Conjurer Specialist 1 l HP 5/5 l AC:12 Touch:12 Flat:10 l Fort 1 Ref 2 Will 2 l Init 6 l
Spells:
0-lvl: Acid Splash l Detect Magic l Read Magic ; Disrupt Undead 1-lvl: Summon Monster 1 l Mage Armor l Grease l Enlarge Person
Skills:
Concentration 3, Decipher Scripty 5, Arcana 8, Dungeoneering 8, History 5, Local 5, Nature 8, Religion 8, Planes 8, Spellcraft 8

Alurad lights a Hooded Lantern and stands in the middle of the group to help provide light for everyone. “Let’s continue on. We should check the towers before going through the tunnel, no telling where those lead to.”


female Human
Spoiler:
AC 13/T11/FF12 HP 11/11 F+2 R+1 W+6 Init +1 Perception +8 CMD 13
Shaman

Congrats on the baby. We were Larping for the first time as a family. Was a lot of fun!"
"At least we should get a good view of the surrounding area."

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

see slide 2 (above) for the map of the area. area 4 is the entrance Room 6 is the stables, Room - 7 was the room with the fairy and the stairs down to the cellar, Rooms 8 and 9 are the towers

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

So where's this opening in the wall? Thinking we should delve into it next.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Duraz Carron wrote:
So where's this opening in the wall? Thinking we should delve into it next.

Sorry If I wasn't clear, that's in the cellar. I did the exploration of the cellar "posts" as "theater of the mind" the door stairs in area 7 go down to the cellar. There's a separate set of stairs in area 7 that GO up. you haven't taken the stairs up in area 7, explored the castle's towers OR the opening in the wall in the cellar. The opening in the cellar opens to a natural cavern

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

And the natural cavern is what I meant =)


Male Halfling Rogue 2

Singol peers into the hole in the cellar wall, trying to spot something in the darkness.

Quote:
"Down or up? I am undecided. Will we be spending the night here? "


Male l Human l Conjurer Specialist 1 l HP 5/5 l AC:12 Touch:12 Flat:10 l Fort 1 Ref 2 Will 2 l Init 6 l
Spells:
0-lvl: Acid Splash l Detect Magic l Read Magic ; Disrupt Undead 1-lvl: Summon Monster 1 l Mage Armor l Grease l Enlarge Person
Skills:
Concentration 3, Decipher Scripty 5, Arcana 8, Dungeoneering 8, History 5, Local 5, Nature 8, Religion 8, Planes 8, Spellcraft 8

Alurad opens the tower door, door 8, and shines a light within. “Come on, lets go this way first. These are sure shots, a cavern can go on forever. Let’s examine these towers first.”

351 to 400 of 970 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Qstor's 3.5e Kingdoms of Kalmar PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.