Qstor's 3.5e Kingdoms of Kalmar PbP Re-Recruitment

Game Master Qstor

3.5e game using Kalamar setting

Maps and handouts


551 to 600 of 970 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

The grimlock swings at Mirianna.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

"Yungmat get over HERE!" He shouts. The party nears the noise of more grimlocks approaching.

The party is up!

Sovereign Court

Male NG | Human | Fighter 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | F +6 R +0 W +2 | Init +0 | Spot +2

sword attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
crit confirm?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 don't think so
dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

mwk rapier: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Jon drops the grimlock near him as Mirianna swings through the air.

Singol and Duraz are up

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz gets up and reclaims his light mace. After a deep breath, he turns to Singol and says I'm sorry, but most of my power is gone for the day. We should get ready to welcome this Ingmat, or whatever its name is. He, then, instructs the party to stand in a semi circle, with himself and Jon closer to the entry.

How many rounds do we have before Yungmat arrives? There's a spell that can't be converted into heal that I want to cast.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Duraz Carron wrote:

Duraz gets up and reclaims his light mace. After a deep breath, he turns to Singol and says I'm sorry, but most of my power is gone for the day. We should get ready to welcome this Ingmat, or whatever its name is. He, then, instructs the party to stand in a semi circle, with himself and Jon closer to the entry.

How many rounds do we have before Yungmat arrives? There's a spell that can't be converted into heal that I want to cast.

2 rounds

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Before the next grimlock comes in, Duraz remembers that his god gifted him with a spell for his focus on its strength aspect. He casts Enlarge Person on himself.


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

Did we ever decide who took the crossbow we found earlier? If no one else was planning to fire it, I'll take these two rounds to retrieve/load it.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Mirianna go ahead and take it. I'll put up a google spread sheet for a loot tracker. I'll ping Singol

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

While waiting, Duraz raises his mace above his head, ready to come crashing down on whoever comes.

In the second round of preparation, I do the ready action: if any grimlock comes into range, I attack. So Yungmat should get two attacks from me when he gets close. One from the ready, the other is an AoO from enlarged reach.


Male Halfling Rogue 2

OOC: Singol had the crossbow. He hadn't been using it though, so he won't mind if it appears on Mirianna. 3 poison bolts come with it.

IC: Singol goes back to the shaman.

heal check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


"I think I did it!" Singol, smiling, looks up from the shaman. Then his eyes bug out as Duraz transforms. "Oh my gods and goddesses."


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

Loading one of the poison bolts, Mirianna takes aim and waits for the creature to get within a good line of sight.

Ready action to fire when it's within 30 ft but before it gets to melee

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Mirianna hits the grimlock square in the chest

1d8 ⇒ 3

Duraz hits the other arriving grimlock

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

The grimlock near Mirinna swings.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

and the one on Duraz.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

They both miss.

The party is up!

Sovereign Court

Male NG | Human | Fighter 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | F +6 R +0 W +2 | Init +0 | Spot +2

"Hmmm" Jon doesn't see room to do much at this moment... unless...

"Mirianna, after you do your attack, I'll swap with you"

she'll attack, 5ft step back, Jon 5ft step forward and attack with higher AC


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

"aye, Jon! I like how you think!"

Mariana draws the rapier and swings before stepping back.

Mwk Rapier: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

crit chance: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

crit damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Sovereign Court

Male NG | Human | Fighter 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | F +6 R +0 W +2 | Init +0 | Spot +2

Once she makes room he replaces her spot giving a swing at the Grimlock who's there, also blocking the grimlock from getting to the slightly more squishy party members.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Mirianna stabs the grimlock in the chest but Jon's swing goes over its head.

Singol and Duraz are up

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz, ready for the coming grimlocks, attacks furiously.

Ready action: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Attack on my own action: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Wow!!!!

BTW, my AC while enlarged is 16


Male Halfling Rogue 2

Singol doesn't see an opening to get into melee. He will chuck a dagger at the grimlock that Duraz is fighting.

thrown MW dagger: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

The grimlock falls to the halflings swing.

Two more appear down the hallway.

The one closest to Mirianna swings.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

It's stone axe slices at the side of her head and she collapses, bleeding.

Mirianna:
I realized I didn't track your damage before. In the interests of keeping the players and characters active. I'll have you at -6

damage - Mirianna -6

Party is up.

Sovereign Court

Male NG | Human | Fighter 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | F +6 R +0 W +2 | Init +0 | Spot +2
GM Qstor wrote:
It's stone axe slices at the side of her head and she collapses, bleeding.

Well that didn't turn out how he had hoped...

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

I think i hate the RNG on this site.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

Duraz thinks quickly and realizes he won't be able to tend to the exotic elf lady with these creatures here.

We won't last much longer like this, he says as he moves towards the grimlock that threw the axe.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

I don't recall- is there a roll to stabilize in 3.5?

I believe I was at 1 HP before that hit (6-5 from earlier)

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Mirianna Tangier wrote:

I don't recall- is there a roll to stabilize in 3.5?

I believe I was at 1 HP before that hit (6-5 from earlier)

yeah see Injury and death It's a 10% chance so 1-2 on d20 or 1 on 1d10 etc.

Duraz's swing nearly kills the creature near him, his weapon cutting deep into its ribs.

Singol is up

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

They have more than 10HP?!?!?!? We're still level 1 dude XD

Sovereign Court

Male NG | Human | Fighter 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | F +6 R +0 W +2 | Init +0 | Spot +2
Duraz Carron wrote:
They have more than 10HP?!?!?!? We're still level 1 dude XD

If we get flanked or another person falls, we're probably done. On the other hand i'd hope there's a ton of XP for surviving this encounter.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Do you want to retreat?


Male Halfling Rogue 2

OOC: Retreat sounds like a good option.

Are there only two grimlocks in view of the party at the moment? Or three? I'm not sure if Singol has a clear spot to melee, or a clear shot for his sling.

Sovereign Court

Male NG | Human | Fighter 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 T 10 FF 18 | F +6 R +0 W +2 | Init +0 | Spot +2
GM Qstor wrote:
Do you want to retreat?
Singol of the Black Mesa wrote:
Retreat sounds like a good option.

I'd suggested/hinted at possible retreat before their newest reinforcements arrived.

Maybe we could just sneak off away, but somehow i doubt that would work; Unless we all succeed in moving silently checks and everyone pick up fallen comrades... Or if they just let us go heads hung in defeat.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

We're a little reliant on dice. Maybe we can take this and the next group, but not more.


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

Stabilization 10%: 1d100 ⇒ 92


Male Halfling Rogue 2
Mirianna Tangier wrote:
[dice=Stabilization 10%]1d100

I hope high is good for you.


Male Halfling Rogue 2
Duraz Carron wrote:
We're a little reliant on dice. Maybe we can take this and the next group, but not more.

I missed your previous hints at retreat, sorry.

My own assumption is that the remaining grimlocks might let us retreat. They have suffered a lot as well and may not want to risk further wounded/dead. All speculation of course.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

I'm going to "hand wave" the retreat

The party finds themselves fleeing from the grimlocks to the safety of the outside.

Standing outside the ruins of the complex are eight dark skinned men holding spears. An older man stands in front of the group and holds his hand out palm outward.

"Greetings...I am Vlan. You appear to need healing."

the party knows the dark skinned men are Dejy one of the local human "tribes" See here in the middle of the page

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

After the humiliating retreat, Duraz looks at the men and recomposes himself. He looks at Mirianna being carried by the group.

I thank you for your aid, he says uncerimoneously. I am Duraz, he adds. I apologize if these are your lands, but we had received word that these lands were infested by vermin and decided to clear the land some.

The cleric makes no effort to show excitement, and keeps his shield and mace firmly held, just in case.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

The man turns to Duraz "You are not trespassing. These lands are infested by vermin and other creatures. This is why we are in need of help. One of our ancient burial tombs has been overrun with intelligent rat-like creatures that do not change with the cycles of the moon. This
is a horrible desecration of our sacred site and we would ask your help in clearing the tomb. Our tribal ways prevent us from setting foot within the tomb. We would ask you to rid of site of the rat creatures. We can provide gold if you need it."

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

The cleric provides a curtly, somewhat awkward bow and says. Gold is welcome and I respect your cultural restrictions from entering the tomb, but I cannot speak for the rest of us.

He looks at the others and adds You offered to heal our friend in a reticent voice. We would require some rest, as well.


Male Halfling Rogue 2

Singol steps up next to Duraz.

Greetings, Vlan. I am Singol.Thank you for your offer of aid. We fought many strange creatures down below. Eyeless man-thiongs

The rat-men? They can't be worse than what we left below. I'll go, if the others come.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Vlan turns to the party and nods. "Rest is understandable. If you could rid the tomb of these rat men, our tribe would be in your debt. We can meet you here within a weeks time?" He provides directions to the Dejy tomb.

I'm assuming that you want to return to town and rest and buy stuff. and divide the loot. We can segway Amy's PC in.

Returning the night to the Fireside Inn, the party gets a well deserved rest. In the morning a group of farmers are breaking their fast and you overhear them discussing the news of the town.

"A sideshow man was showing a winged beast in a
covered cart over in the market square. Said it was for
sale."

Another one says to his friends "Say that merchant, Muridnay was down by the market one night a while back, drunk a’course. He said he seen a man with a rat face rootin’ around in the dark. But I think it was him that was rat-faced, if ya know what I mean."

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 0/5 | Active conditions: none.

The next morning, Duraz feels stronger and his morning prayers makes him feel closer to his god. He checks the weather to see whether the Stormlord is stronger in his location, but nothing special seems to be in the clouds.

At breakfast, he hears the farmers, but decides that a winged beasts are weak in a proper storm and has no special interest in buying one, but such a creature is rare enough to kindle his curiosity.

He is more interested in the merchant's story. He checks to see if the elves who had talked to the group the day prior are still around. He offers a nod in case they are. He gathers the group and asks Shall we talk to this Muridnay man? I feel that rat faced people are starting to grow around here, from what that man Vlan reported.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Was swamped with family stuff over the long weekend and wasn't feeling well yesterday.

I added a new map on slide 1

Kathe:
Hemden is a small village in the nation of Eldor. Most of the people seem aloof. The main crop of the area is corn.
You've heard of a bi-monthly skill Fair hosted by a local lord Stendhahl.
Farmers seem to be bringing wares to town to see in anticipation of the fair.

As you enter the Village of Hemden you come to a
column in the center of the market upon which notices
are posted. There is but one of interest. It reads, "Come
to the bi-monthly Skill Fair hosted by Lord Stendahl.
See the competition of archery, jousting, riding and
personal combat on the 5th of the month of Sowing at
mid day on the old east downs. Entrants must have
noble or guild sponsorship by the day of the event to
qualify for the purse of 400 golden sovereigns."

The Fireside Inn is a reasonably priced inn and tavern located
in the heart of the Village of Hemden on the southeast corner of
the Edros pike and Harbor Street.
you hear the name Thurgald being shouted in the in and you can assume that he's the innkeeper. He's a human male in his forties with grey hair.

In the common room the party can smell fresh bread and cheese.

One of the servants, a halfing lad of about seventeen, cleans off the chalk board menu and writes "Break Fast - Raisin bread 2 cp and Mendarn Brunost cheese 4 cp, dried apples 3 cp, cooked oats 2 cp"


F STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 18 WIS 8 CHA 10 HP 18/18 AC 16 INIT +2 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 Gray Elf Fighter 1 Wizard 1

Mirianna sits, recovered from her wounds but still feeling the worse for wear.

"Lad! I need something strong to take the edge off here- the stronger the better!"

Did we end up with a final tally for treasure value?

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

The halfling lad runs over to a tapped keg shouting towards Mirianna. "Just the thing come up mam!" He pours a dark beer into a mug and rushes back over towards Mirianna, not spilling a drop as he balances the mug in one hand. He places the mug in front of her "Here ya go! It's our special Old Foghorn Barleywine style ale!" He smiles.

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Hi, I'm submitting Filona, a CN gnome fey sorceress. Character sheet has appearance/personality and a brief background text.

Cheers.


Male Halfling Rogue 2

Singol spends the evening back at the inn, mostly quiet and sipping from his drink, interspaced with moments of being a chatterbox. He is thankful to be alive, but also somewhat embarrassed(?) about coming out of the last fight unharmed. He is late to bed. Still early to rise, a baker's tradition in him.

The next morning he shambles on down to a table for breakfast. This winged creature, I would love to see that. I've only seen birds, normal birds, that have wings. And bats. And squirrels, sorta. Not something that no one has a proper name for.

That rat-faced man, I suppose we should ask about him. Rat-men, I know we volunteered to help against them. To tell the truth, I'm not that eager to back down in a dank hole. A proper halfling burrow would be cheery, well lit.


Female Human Conjurer 2

Kathe finds the Fireside Inn at the center of the village, passing through a small crowd gathered around a cart. She's more pressed to find her luggage set away in a room than to mill about with the locals for the time being, and awaits in the common room for what she hopes will be someone to come get money in exchange for service.

"Lad," she calls out to the half-ling having responded to a gray elf calling such from across the room. "A bit of the bread would go well, but first I would like to see someone about a room."

The human woman stands with two cases of mismatched luggage just inside the common room, boots with an average amount of travel worn into them and better than average cut to her clothes. And air of study should be visible from her, as if half of what she carries around with her are unnecessary books.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

The halfling turns to Kathe.

"Oh right away miss. We have a room for 1 silver piece a day or 5 for a private room!"

Are you guys going over to the guy that talked about Muridnay?


Male Halfling Rogue 2

Singol watches the human woman who has entered. Something about her suggests trouble.

Singol will go with the others to see the guy that talked about Muridnay. He does want to see the big winged monster at some point in the day.


Female Human Conjurer 2

"Yes, yes, that'll do... private please," Kathe says, withdrawing a purse with a clasp from an inner pocket and producing five silvers. "Give to you or... would it be Thurgald?"

She will see to putting her belongings in a room before venturing back out to walk among a market or see about this odd winged creature.

551 to 600 of 970 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Qstor's 3.5e Kingdoms of Kalmar PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.